Reviews of Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport 3 stars

Schipholweg 181, 1171 PK Badhoevedorp, Netherlands

#3 of 4 hotels in Badhoevedorp

The bus a bit after seven to the airport was far too full, so that the bus after that was too full as well. Very uncomfortable. There should be more buses at such a busy time.

• Room with Three Single Beds (3 Adults)

The room was so tiny. For an airport hotel, you would expect a bit larger rooms! We couldnt even keep a suitcase open

The staff were friendly and the lobby is big and you can relax there.

Waiting for a shuttle, then having to crowd into a bus without air conditioning on a very warm day.

Wonderful breakfast. Wish American hotels would have such variety of foods.

Close to the airport and airport shuttle provided. Reception staffs are prompt in checking in so we don’t have to wait long in queue. Good hotel for transit.

The restaurant staff was not so friendly with exception of the person at the breakfast restaurant reception. A very small elevator.

Great location. Great room and good breakfast with excellent opening hours. Wonderful front office clerks.

It was convenient to airport, but farther away from the center (Leiden Square). If I were staying longer than a layover, I would pick someplace closer to city center.

Free shttlle from Schiphol airport (AMS) to and from hotel. Comfortable room. Great for overnight stay when you are waiting for your connecting flight.

The reception is very helpful. It locates close to the airport, very convenient if you transfer to the airport next day. And the Sanwithches and hamburgers on the 2nd floor were wonderful!

• Standard Twin Room

It is convenient with shuttle bus between airport to the hotel. Borrow kettle from the reception is available, that is really help me to get a cup of tea.

• Superior Double Room with One Double Bed

I went out and when I was back I found out there was no sign of forced entry in my room, however someone from the hotel stole one of my credit cards and 300euros from our backpack. I just realized that because I have banking notifications and I got the emails informing of the transactions. Hotel did nothing and manager was trying to get me way from calling police saying that police was not gonna do anything about it. I called police filed a report, I am now waiting for investigation.

Hotel has very nice installations. And very easy access to public transportation.

We stayed for 3 days in the hotel and leaved for 6 days to an other country and after 6 days we returned to the hotel. When leaving we asked to keep our luggage, but this was not possible which we regret very much.

As we have to travel early in the morning we liked the service of the hotel shuttle. This was excellent.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Sofa Bed ( 3 Adults)

Location is really bad. You take 40 minutes to go to the center of amsterdam and if you are coming back to the hotel at night, you might have to wait 30 minutes until your bus arrives. Airport shuttle timing is not reliable and we almost missed our flight because of it. Not worth it.

• Family Room (4 Adults)

We were eating at the restaurant at the 4rd floor. First they have forgotten our order, second the soup was cold and another thing a fish we have ordered was fried and it wasn't mention in the menu, when we asked to switch the fish to another dish they did not want to do it, that was after we told them that we don't like fried fish and if it was writing in the menu we would not ordered it.

• Standard Twin Room

Very poor for 189 euros a night. No tea and coffee facilities in room and when I asked reception I got the snooty answer of you only are eligible to receive these if you have a superior room madam. Instead I ended up spending over 20 euros over my three days stay on tea. The rooms require severe decoration looking very drab. The restaurant feels like it's not trying as it knows you have no choice but to eat there and is only ok. That also requires renovation. On business and needed to stay extra day and was told abruptly not a chance there are no rooms available at all. Went on booking.com booked a room for an extra night and went back to reception and suddenly I could have a room.

The hotel shuttle was useful and on time.

Parking should be free

One here for one night. Good place with the bus picking up from the airport. Good internet, the food is a little expensive for what you get. Good facilities.

• Room with Three Single Beds (3 Adults)

I did not like the room as it was a triple room which basically as 3 single beds crammed into a room that might be large enough for 2 but comfortable for only one. We had to crawl off the end of the bed to go to the bathroom. Our large bags took up the rest of the open space . I would not stay at an Ibis again if the rooms are the same across the brand.

I thought the facility had the makings of a good experience as it had a number of venues for eating and having a few cocktails. The breakfast cost was $17 euro and it seemed to be a little expensive to me and the restaurant did not offer ala cart items. It was either the buffet or the snack bar in the lobby.

They forgot to change our towels on the last day.

The Airport Shuttle was the best part, commuting to and from the Hotel to the Airport made it really easier to commute around the city and the regions around it. The bus was always on time. The timings were great, The Hotel property exceeded our expectations, at first they could not find our booking, which took some time, but the room made up for it, the view was stunning facing a pond with lots of greenery, rabbits running around, The Hotel also has a lot of initiative towards saving the planet with the in-house honey Bee harvesting, which made a Gorgeous view from our window. Overall great stay.

Price policy of offering reserved rooms for 30 euros if prior to 2 pm. My experience has been most hotels will try to accommodate early arrival reservations based on their availability of clean rooms without establishing a strict policy of charging 30 euros prior to 2 pm. Info on this policy was not available in Booking.com during the reservation process. Holiday Express at Schiphol Airport 12 days before let us checking at 10 AM. The Ibis hotel staff was not very friendly.

Modern room but very small.

expensive autopark and out of city

bit far from center. extremely expensive parking. when the hotel out of city in a silent place it should be cheap or fre autopark even i paid around 100 Euro for a night !!!

• Room with Three Single Beds (3 Adults)

Very small room, room had little character.

Close to airport and bus station to go into Amsterdam. Shuttle to/from airport was efficient. Rooms small-- like a dorm room- but were fine for what we needed.

• Family Room (4 Adults)

The worst experience ever! My husband and I woke up with itch all over our bodies! The itch continued for several days. It was our last day in Amsterdam and we were feeling super pissed and uncomfortable after checking out. We were super itchy during the long flight. I'll NEVER stay in ibis again!!!

• Standard Twin Room

No A/C installed in rooms! They only have heating but no A/C.! You can open the window a crack if you are hot (I was). What do you do on a hot day in he middle of summer? One towel and one small pillow per person. No coffee maker or kettle in the room.

Small but adequate modern, clean room for one night. Long desk along the window,. Adequate charging outlets and a safe. Good wi-fi. A variety of snacks and drinks, including wine, available for purchase near reception around the clock. Easy to find shuttle bus outside terminal takes about ten minutes to reach the hotel. Quick checkout.

Not next to Airport. Maybe they can put additional Airport shuttles as the bus is fully packed always. More friendly drivers can give a better welcome.

Big property and a Bus station next to it.

Shuttlebus from airport / railway station airport. Staff friendly and helpful, cares for your well being. Roomo.k. and quiet. You only have to cros the road to have access to bus station, leading to the city center. Taxis directly available at the hotel

• Family Room (4 Adults)

The shuttle bus to and from the airport was way over crowded. Everyone was smashed together and many people waited a long time and still were not able to get on the bus.

The hotel itself was fine.

I miss a terrasse as I spent already the whole day inside so I had to spend the evening as well... and the people in the restaurant did not really know what was on the menu, although it is a small menu ;-(

It was too hot and there was no AC so we struggled to sleep on day 1,but the hotel was kind enough to offer us different room if we weren't happy with the current one.Although they did provide us with fan on day 3.

The breakfast was really good. Very near to the bus station.Shuttle was provided to get to the airport.Staff were great. Overall we had an amazing time there.

40 min wait to check in hardly any staff on check in desk, and hotel food pricey compared to some restaurants in Amsterdam breakfast around £15 a person and the £2 for a drink on top, when you can get good breakfast for two in a lovely restaurant just inside city centre for £20 and also having to pay more on arrival for room Tax which isn’t included in city tax!

Staff friendly good shuttle service prompt to deal with shower issues

• Room with Three Single Beds (3 Adults)

My previous visit, i like breakfast for the variety. This visit, i have same expectation. On june 6 at 10 am, i came to buffet breakfast for walk in, but i saw less of variety. Many kind, was empty. And I decided not to take the breakfast.

I like kindness of the reception, cleanliness of the room, and the easiness of shuttle to airport.

The room was a bit small considering the price. Also, it was a superior room. But again, Amsterdam is expensive and finding good reasonable hotels is hard.

They gave me a free upgrade to a superior room. The beds were super comfy. The wifi was excellent. The breakfast had variety of foods and was really good. A free airport shuttle was always available to and fro.

I like the hotel very much.Everything is excellent duing stay.but the driver of the shuttle bus is really bad bad bad man,around 55-60years old with white hair (8th.June.2018 pick us from Schiphol at 15:30), my friend asked the driver if will stop at the gate of Ibis ,the driver shouted at us twice: “we already repeat 4times ,what are you doing?. ”,Please ,it”s very noisy and we setting in the back. And then he keeping mad during driving for two minutes. I never have such kind of experience before.Please ask him to be more patient next time.

The bed was extremely comfortable. Better than the five star hotel I stayed in downtown Amsterdam. The location was quiet, faced green space, and I had the best sleep before my trip home.

There was no air conditioning in our room. I asked to be moved and they were full. I have never been in a hotel without air, and it was 85 degrees out. Our room was on the second floor and you couldn’t have the window open (3 inches) because if the noise. Also the shuttle does not come every 15 min. We waited 20 and ended up taking a cab to the airport.

The restaurant was ok.

Brilliant hotel, amazing staff it's got to be the nosiest hotel iv ever stayed in! Constant slamming doors, people talking, dragging chairs, pipes going off, cars and buses constantly. If you want a good night sleep before a flight you certainly are not going to get one. Also the window doesn't open much and has a mesh guard on it so the room gets boiling!

I got a room with a terribly dirty table, with grease and hairs glued to it. To me, this is like getting a room with the bed linen of the previous guest... I called to get it cleaned and I had to call again and wait over 30 minutes to get it cleaned. I am traveling with a tight schedule and I need a table to work with the computer. The place to put clothes is small.

Near the hotel. Very convenient shuttle from/to the airport. Very good price for being the Netherlands. Safebox in the room. Many plugs. Functional room and bathroom. Ideal for a one or two nights. Coffee and tea available for free.

• Family Room (4 Adults)

There was one body wash in the shower and near the wash basin and that is to be used for everything. . So bring your own amenities.. There was no firidge in the room. The room gets quite warm but we didn’t mind .

Buffet breakfast was amazing Fresh orange juice, Dutch pancakes and scrambled eggs and sausages are just some of the delicious breakfast options

• Room with Three Single Beds (3 Adults)

The room was not worth the money we paid for it, unfortunately due to a lack of options through our flights being cancelled from Schipol, we had no choice but book any room available. I think the hotel knows that weary travellers have no other option than to pay a premium price for what are extremely basic rooms, and was evident that prices shoot up when schipol has problems resulting in lots of stranded passengers

Staff were helpful, reception welcoming with refreshment amenities etc. Good location close to airport with free shuttle.

• Standard Twin Room

Table tennis - table was outdoors and not usable. Would do well to have a double room converted into an indoor game room..

gOOOD WORKOUT ROOM. Great shower in the room with excellent lighting.

Our stay was only for one night as we were flying out the next day, but the location was perfect for our needs. The bus depot was across the street and we were able to catch a bus to the city centre and back no problem. We were unable to partake of the all you can eat breakfast, but the coffee machine produced great cappuccino.

In my room at the ground floor I could hear a lot of noise the whole night, both from the parking, the corridor and the other rooms. Not really the good night of sleep between flights that I needed.

Comfortable bed. Punctual shuttle service to airport at less than 10min drive.

Room small . If window open, noisy but can’t hear noises if close. No Restraurant available in afternoon just snacks.

Free coffee bar. Free shuttle to airport. Room clean. Shower nice .

Great location near airport. Bus transportation into the city across the street. Variety of food services Very helpful staff when I had a problem with a reservation at another Ibis Hotel.

• Standard Twin Room

Check in took forever. Aircon didnt work. My room was close to the hotel entrance and the shuttle bus was very noisy waking us up. Room small.

Nice lounge area in the reception, great place to escape the small room. Free wifi.

The air conditioning in the room didn't work, so it was stuffy and hot at night. The restaurant, even though it was convenient, was limited on the choices of food.

The free airport shuttle was amazing; there was even a shuttle for our 7AM departing flight. The location was great! A bus station is right across the street and there's a 24hour McDonalds about 5 minute walk. The hotel is very nice inside and the staff was very accommodating. Our room was comfortable and perfect for just my husband and me.

no negative point

i had to stay a night due to a missed flight and there were big flight issues the same day. so it is abig thing that the staff was nice at the check in ass they were stressed out a lot. the hotel gym was surprisingly good and had a concept 2 rower and serious weights for a hotel gym up to 26 kg. joseph the man at the breakfast was the best big up man. I hope you do fine :)

bath-tub was VERY UNSAFE since there were no anti-slip strips in the tub. The tub was extremely slippery to stand on and climb out of. There were no wash cloths or any soap in the bathroom. Thus we had to use the tip of a towel to wash ourselves. Having the light switch on the outside of the bathroom is VERY Inconvenient

compact, clean, good bed and comfortable sleep, good wake-up call system

Don't like that there are no toiletries.Only showergel available.. Price for this period . Airconditioner did not wanted to work.Was solutioned.

Proximity to the airport/Airport shuttle available. Problem with the airconditioner was solved quick.

Everything was perfect

Close to the airport and the shuttle bus on time. Room clean, shower great! Bed extremely comfortable, I wish we could stay longer. Staff very polite. Excellent short stay in Amsterdam!

• Superior Double Room with One Double Bed

Air conditioner fidn’t Work. (We did not report it. At 11 pm, we just wanted to sleep. Restaurant on 4th floor forgot our order and we waited an hour and a half for our food (it was chaotic).

Clean, comfortable bed (though not a king).

Staff that checked me in at reception didnt offer any of the facilities or what was available. I had to ask about a few of them which I needed for my stay. I overheard the staff member next to us offering the facilities to the guest.

Clean and tidy room. Easy to get free airport shuttle.

• Room with Three Single Beds (3 Adults)

There was no airconditioning in our room when the weather was 26 degrees! Also they put a hold on my account for the full amount of the stay prior to check out which still hasnt cleared :(

Staff were very helpful and breakfast was good (freshly squeezed orange juice!!) Room was clean

• Superior Double Room with One Double Bed

They call us very late(10 pm or more) about a problem with the credit card. We where all in bed already, including the baby sleeping

Location is very convinient but the shuttle is impossible at the rush hour

City centre is far though it's not a hotel issue. Buffet Breakfast is costly. I was expecting more with high price though they have other option where they charge by item which is less costly.

It is near to airport. They have free shuttle service from airport. Since nothing is nearby . Hotel is providing different kind of food options on 24x7 basis. Overall service is good.they have gift shop inside the hotel.

• Room with Three Single Beds (3 Adults)

Sandwich ugly and room too small .

Enjoyed place . Staff some grumpy. Some friendly. Room too small no space . I disappointing no tea / coffee in room Area hotel bit far from city . Get bus x tram dam city . Long journey. Food too expensive double price . My home not double price . Weather very good . Never go back hotel again . Thank

1. Very poor arrangement of food. Almost no option for vegetarians. 2. In the superior rooms there were no bath-tub in the bathroom, no fridge, no ironing board. While the standard rooms had these facilities. 3. The premium wifi never worked in the rooms.

1. The booking and checkout process. 2. Airport shuttle service 3. Room cleanliness

• Room with Three Single Beds (3 Adults)

The shuttle service is super useful, even to get to the city. It's quite outside the city, but quiet and nice, has an outdoor seating area, so overall, great for a short stay. The vending machines function 24/7, so it's not a problem if you forget to have dinner!

wait from Airport on the shuttle bus was a bit longer than i had anticipated, this may impact my using this property in winter months.

the hotel had a lot of facilities and friendly staff

• Room with Three Single Beds (3 Adults)

Very little space to store large suitcases and no shelf in the bathroom to put your clothes while taking a shower.

Located close to Schiphol Airport with a free shuttle service at regular intervals. Restaurant, bar and tuck shop on the premises. Small room, we were 3 people sharing, with luggage, it got a bit cramped. Rooms are cleaned daily. We ran out of shower gel but it was not refilled and couldn't get hold of anyone to attend to it.

• Room with Three Single Beds (3 Adults)

The 3bed room was really small, there was not space for our suitcases. The parking costs almost 40 euro for the 2 night stay, however the hotel is located on the outskirts of the city.

Good idea the small non-stop shop of food & beverages.

Only two well worn towels in the room, no hand tools. No convenience items, no coffee maker in room just high priced coffee machine in lobby. Expensive parking. Despite not being rated or priced as such this is a budget hotel with no extras

Location and shuttle service to airport the only plus.

Room had no air conditioning, had to upgrade and pay extra to have a room that was cool enough to sleep in. Without air the room was warm and sticky. No clock radio for time. small window if you want fresh air. Very basic Motel 6 type room

Not Much,

I got a 3 bed room and expected it to have moving space. The hotel has converted a 2 bed room, adding the additional bed. They had remove dthe table. So it was extremely congested and uncomfortable

Proximity to local transport and shuttle to airport. Friendly staff

No breakfast included. To go items or buffet available, but costs high. Didn’t see any recycling receptacles around.

Large hotel near airport with comfortable and clean rooms. Liked also the availability of a small diner on our floor. Appreciated the friendliness and helpfulness of cleaning and reception staff. Grateful for the free shuttle, too. Very grateful for there being no smoking.

• Superior Room with 1 Double Bed and 1 Sofa Bed ( 3 Adults)

The room was clean but old and very small. We requested a room to fit three people-- it was supposed to be a double bed with a sofa bed but was actually a small room with a double bed and a roll-away bed. Very cramped, no room for suitcases. Fine for one night but very uncomfortable in lack of space. If the room is advertised to accommodate three people, it should have a little extra space. It was very uncomfortable as far as the size. No place for the suitcases except upright, on the floor, then no room to walk around them.

We stayed in the "superior" section, you need the room key to enter this section. There was a nice coffee/tea station that was very convenient to all the rooms in this area. The lobby had a scale where you could weigh your luggage before going to the airport. Separate outside smoking section/gazebo and delightful open deck with seats/tables overlooking a pretty pond. Shuttle to/from Schipohl. We used a taxi to and from the airport, €30 each way. Well worth it while carrying luggage. Shuttle buses are very full. Used the shuttle to go into Amsterdam. Very convenient.

There are no Tulip around the lake. Last year (2017) it was beautiful.

Its near to airport with suttle service. Its at the center to go to the City, Kuekenhof, Zaanse Schanse & Volendam. I always choosed to have airport view to see the airplane coming & go!

Spartan, but clean and bright. Definitely the place to stay overnight or for two or three days while you wait for a flight or do some quick sightseeing around Amsterdam. Staff efficient, courteous and happy. Food is great.

at midnight a group was having very very loud conversations and slamming doors in the corridor and also outside at the front of the hotel. too tired to complain. very annoying

met my expectation for an airport hotel. clean, easy to get to

• Standard Twin Room

Good for an airport overnight stay. Large, modern hotel with a good restaurant on-site, which is necessary considering there's nothing else anywhere near the hotel.

• Standard Twin Room

The twin beds were pushed together instead of apart due to the small room, but it was fine.

There was a 24 hour bus to the city. It took less than 20 minutes depending on traffic. Staff was very friendly and snacks were available to purchase in the lobby after a night out.

The room was not cleaned and handed over to us without checking, seeing the comments from other guests it is a repeated issue on the same day.

Comfortable Room

A shorth shuttle bus ride with a helpful and friendly driver. Swift and efficient check-in. I was Impressed by the lobby facilities. Good bar restaurant. Comfortable room and bed. Very little noise despite the proximity to the airport.

Reception took a long time.

Free coffee as soon as you were in the bedroom areas, good security to pass through the lobby into the bedroom wing. Great bed and shower. Overall well equipped.

Paper cups and plastic glasses. Scratchy toilet paper. Small scratchy towels.

It was clean and relatively convenient to the airport. There was also a small shop for snacks etc there - if I had known I wouldn’t have bought supplies at the airport.

• Room with Three Single Beds (3 Adults)

As expected, the room was small and a bit squeezy. No kettle but can get hot water outside the room. There is practically nothing surrounding the hotel. There is a McD but it is about 20-25 min walk away. The items in the snack bar were overly priced.

I like the airport shuttle provided by the hotel. This is very helpful and the shuttle bus is always on time. Though the bus driver (some are grumpy) and they don't give proper instruction to the passengers, the queue and boarding to the bus were not systematic and chaotic. Then passengers with luggage blocked the way! Next, I like the cozy lounge available for us to have our own packed dinner. There wasn't any kettle in the room, but we can get the hot water at the snack bar and ice too. We could get 5 Euro as voucher per night if we opt for no need to have the room service! This voucher we could use it to purchase in the snack bar (for chocolate, coffee etc though it was overly price, but hey we are getting it for free anyway). This is a nice incentive! Beds were cozy. There is a souvenir shop in the hotel, not overly price to my surprise! There was free wifi available. There was a weighing machine available at the reception area- for weighing the luggage!

During my visit my card was stolen from my pocket and as I did not leave the hotel from check in until the time it was stolen I can also say with some certainty it happened in the hotel. It was my only source of money during my visit, the staff were not helpful or even concerned when I relayed the story of the event. They were not able to help transfer money in any way and one of the staff just told me at 8pm there is a shuttle to the airport maybe they can help you. My office was not able to even add a card to the account for food.... I can assure you it is a horrible feeling to have lost your only payment method, and the stone faces of ignorance the staff showed was infuriating.

The burger bar on the 2nd floor was excellent value, fun and interesting.

Our room was cozy, clean, nicely furnished, small fridge in the room, very comfortable bed. The hotel is easy to reach from the airport especially thanks to the free airport shutlle. 24-hour take-away in a lobby.

Browse Ibis Schiphol Amsterdam Airport traveller photo gallery