Reviews of Ibis Den Haag City Centre 3 stars

Jan Hendrikstraat 10, The Hague City Centre, 2512 GL The Hague, Netherlands

#16 of 39 hotels in The Hague

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

A very good base for exploring the Hague

The hotel is a bit impersonal, but as a large and fairly new city centre place, this was inevitable. Car parking was a slight problem, there's a muti-storey place just around the corner, but it was expensive. We were fully informed about costs by reception, but the total cost after three days was the most we've ever paid by a large margin.

Nothing to complain about at all, we wanted a city centre base to explore the city and surroundings, and this was perfect. Most of what we had come to see was a short walk or easy bus ride away. There seemed to be staff everywhere at all hours, all of them friendly and helpful and good to deal with. The breakfast though expensive, was very good indeed. We asked a receptionist about getting to a museum a few miles away. After checking on her computer, she printed out full instructions, including a map, most impressive, and everyone spoke good English, which was a help. Everything was as described.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Loved it.
    • Standard Triple Room

My room faced the street so it could get a bit noisy when there was traffic at night. Other than that

Location was very ideal for shopping and accessing different restaurants. It's also close to the tram stop (Gravenstraat) and train stop (by the Grote market). The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Good location, however our room was next to the public...
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfasts are really expensive and not included. Beds could be more comfortable and stay not as close as they are, cause if you trevel with college it's not comfortable to sleep next to each other.

Good location, however our room was next to the public parking. There is a safe in a room what is also really nice. On the third floor there is an ironing room which is really necessary if you have a business trip. Wifi is pretty fast.

Excellent, good service and no complaints. Would stay again if in Den Haag
    • Standard Triple Room

I booked through booking.com and received notification on the day that there was a problem in processing my card for payment. This meant I was under pressure to be at the hotel by 2pm to ensure the room was not released affecting my plans for the day. In the end the card payment was all fine but this was another unnecessary stress during travel. Not the fault of any individual but not something I should have had to deal with as the card was okay.

Excellent location

It was a bit expensive but that could have been the exchange rate.

Lovely location, staff very friendly and helpful. It is only round the corner from the historic parts of The Hague and lots of lovely shops.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

go for it!
    • Standard Twin Room

you could buy new towels guys. believe me, it will make us more happy to use newer softer towels :-)

location is great, breakfast is good. Good variety of coffee :-) we will come back definitely

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Room very small, I think area in m2 mentioned on booking.

Room very small, with minimal facilities, even hot water kettle not provided, electric sockets to fit with Nehrelands were not provided. Location and breakfast was the only positive points, regarding facilities it lags on all fronts

Room very small, I think area in m2 mentioned on booking.com is not accurate.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

The location was good.

Our bathroom still smelled of urine. There was no electric kettle or fridge in the room (although these might ave been mentioned in the site). Budget hotel with budget facilities but price was not that low.

The location was good. It was just a 5 minute walk to the shopping destinations and to the Chinatown. 10 minutes to the Den Haag Central Station.

Fantastic!
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast was super expensive (so we didn’t bother), but it’s a shame you couldn’t even pay for toast and juice in its own instead of paying for the whole expensive breakfast.

Modern, clean, great location, helpful staff. Room had air con which was great as it was 35c outside. Really comfy bed!

The bed is comfortable, the staff was helpful and the room...

A fridge in the room and The price of the breakfast in the hotel is too high, not worth it.

The bed is comfortable, the staff was helpful and the room was cleaned very well.

Clean, specious room

The bathroom is small and from plastic materials. But it wasn't a problem for us.

We had a really spacious room. It was clean and the beds where amazing. We had a nice view and the room has a good air conditioner. The bathroom is basic but clean. I would recommend this hotel.

Centric location, comfortable rooms.

Not clear information about children in the room on booking. we ended up renting extra room... Fortunately only for one night.

Location, good rooms, comfortable beds, bar.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Disappointed
    • Standard Triple Room

Location, there’s nothing nearby. Neighbourhood wasn’t nice. We stayed in older rooms in hotel which were dated, smelly, and dirty. New part of hotel looks better. I stayed in a much better hotel near HBF in Berlin for less money.

Breakfast was decent

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Great Location and Nice Staff

CONS: -On my first night, the pillow sheets and blanket had a weird smell (like they weren't dried properly). However, I informed reception and they had it changed right away. -Bathroom could improve, although not the worst. If the weird plastic pod is updated, the hotel would be in a totally different level.

PROS: -The location was fantastic. So accessible and close to shopping, dining, entertainment and public transportation. -Service was also good. All the staff I interacted with were accommodating and ready to help. -Spacious and comfortable room.

a very good and warmful reception on friday.

The hotel offered us to rent bikes it was a pretty bad experience because of the quality of the bikes (specially for my husband who changed twice his bike and get one not so good). Next time we think we'll rent them in a shop nearby (for the same price!)

a very good and warmful reception on friday. Not the same people on saturday and a bit of coldness... obviously the fact we did had some problem with the bikes we rent by the hotel and had to change it was something annoying ! A very good place though and very good location

Short stay best

The toilet is like a built-in module. Feels like going into a caravan. Too small. Not suitable for a long stay. They have agreed prices with two externa parking providers. The cheap one is further away and open air. Anyway, better to drop the luggage at the hotel first.

Very well located and friendly staff.

Good!

Very slow elevators (had to wait for a long time always).

Breakfast was great! Friendly staff. Mint water available at the lobby. And good parking opportunities (expensive, but guess that is normal in the city centre).

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Perfect location, very very friendly staff
    • Standard Twin Room

For this price and standard the room should have come with its iron board and iron, a true miss. The bathroom can feel a bit submarine-ish.

Amazing friendly staff that made me feel very welcome. I travel quite a bit but this happy bunch really stands out. Spacious room and since mine was high up on the backside of the building, I was treated with an awesome view to downtown The Hague. Comfortable bed. A fair selection of food and drinks at the reception even after the nice lobby bar closes. The hotel is located perfectly on short walking distance to many places worth seeing, to concert venues, restaurants and a short stroll to the tram main lines.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Mixed views
    • Standard Triple Room

I had my 17 & 11 year old in what I thought was to be a family room but it was a twin room with a pull out bed, I requested an extra mattress after the first night because the frame of the bed across the middle made it very uncomfortable. They said they would try but one didn't arrive. The hotel bar closed at 23:30, noise from the bar isn't an issue as there were never many there and the bedrooms start on the 2nd floor.

This a great hotel for location with very friendly staff

Good hotel for a city centre break

Ibis towels are always a bit on the stingy side - two, nice fluffy towels per guest would be a great improvement. And more coat hangers. At €17 breakfast was pricey - but we had no difficulty finding an alternative in the immediate area at less than half the cost.

Pleasantly quirky-style hotel in an excellent location. Staff very helpful and friendly. Air conditioning invaluable in the July heat wave. Room was clean and comfortable.

excellent stay

that could be nice to have a small kettle for making tea

It was an excellent stay, very good hotel for the money that it costs. Room is big enough , clean , with comfortable bed, ironing facility are available on the same floor in a separate room. Very good location, we took a taxi to go there from a Central station and paid 15 EUR, but on the way back, we walked to the Station, with the suitcases the trip took just 20 min . And the biggest " Thanks" to the hotel reception people and management, to let me stay till 7PM for a late check out for free , that was really very nice, as I had a late evening flight back.

Reccommend Ibis Den Haag City Centre for travellers

There was unfortunately no garden in the hotel for pet but parks were close-by.

Exceeded most of my expectations - travelled with pet and very accommodating by staff.

Disappointing.

A mess up in the reservation meant I had booked for one not 2 people in the double room. The additional cost for breakfast was something like an additional 20 Euros, which for a continental breakfast seemed very expensive. I decided my wife could have the breakfast and I would go and find something, which I did at the local supermarket for less than 4 Euros. When checking out they tried to charge me for breakfast despite being told I wouldn't have to pay. Initially I was told I would have to, but in the end I was just charged the city tax of 3 Euros. Overall not a great experience, plus the rooms don't have kettles and when I've been emailed a receipt it shows the additional cost for breakfast, so I am waiting for my credit card statement to see whether I have in fact been charged.

Bed was comfortable, shower was good.

Good hotel in superb location for restaurants, trams and shops.

We felt the breakfast was overpriced for what was on offer, so we only had breakfast the first morning.

Great location. Very welcoming & helpful reception and bar staff. Comfortable room with aircon. Good shower. Only one towel per person in toilet but given extra ones when we asked at reception.

Excellent location ,the mattress & pillow comfortable
    • Family Room - 2 Connecting Rooms (4 adults)

The parking near property expensive , toilet so small , you can not sleep at sunrie light caurtains

Excellent location ,the mattress & pillow comfortable

Good hotel
    • Standard Triple Room

A bit of a squeeze in the hotel room,window didn’t close fully, toilet space could have been better but not bad for price

Good location very friendly staff Rita was very helpful and provided excellent customer service!

Clean, well located, good value
    • Standard Triple Room

Room was small and nowhere to put suitcases for all three of us. Charge for breakfast seemed a bit high at compared to what can be had in the area, though the breakfast was good.

Steps from historic shopping district

no value for money in this tiny room

NO fridge, NO robe, NO toothpaste, NO slippers! Nothing...even cheap hotels all over Asia provide these basics. Hard, thread bare towels and HAIR in the shower...for $115 a nite....a rip off!

location and pleasant staff

Comfortable and pleasant stay in the heart of Den Haag.

Upon check in the staff member told me that the amount to pay was 100 euros more than what my confirmed reservation at booking.com was. I told her that it was the wrong price but she insisted that it was what the computer showed next to my name. Only when I showed her the copy of my confirmed reservation she went to consult a colleague and eventually said that I should have the difference refunded to my credit card. (still waiting for the refund, as the initial amount charged has already been deducted).

Good value for money. Nice spacious room (especially compared to other city-center hotels in Europe). Very comfortable bed. Fantastic location - close to everything. I did not have breakfast at the hotel (I found 17 euros per breakfast too expensive, especially with so many options around the hotel), but I heard from others it's good.

Nice hotel in a central location. Very friendly personnel.

Expensive breakfast - we ate/drink a coffee nearby. Room has minimal place to put clothes and bathroom also is also narrow.

Nice hotel in a central location. Personnel very friendly. WIFI speed was great.

Staff is good and the bed is comfortable
    • Standard Triple Room

The room is small and not fully equipped as expected due to the space was too small for three persons but I like the cleanness and the decoration of the hotel and the paintings.

Location is excellent

I was pleasantly surprised and the room was spotless.

How hard is it to make proper tea or have cooled milk to cater for UK/Ireland customers. Or to have regular toast and cereal. The lay out is confusing but staff were friendly.

it was only one night and the location was perfect for me and facilities were perfectly fine for the price.

Centrally located it's a short stroll to the many shops...
    • Family Room - 2 Connecting Rooms (4 adults)

Centrally located it's a short stroll to the many shops,bars and restaurants. Very clean and modern rooms. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. A real bargain.

Excellent experience in Hague

The hotel is perfectly located very near the center but still in a quiet area. Staff was very nice and helpful. Perfect breakfast. Parking is not a big deal - we parked at HCM Westeinde Hospital for a very reasonable fee and less than 10 min. walking from the hotel. All in all it was a great experience!

Room is tidy and clean, and location of hotel good as well.

1- No fridge at room 2- No team staff/labors helping to take the bags to the room once check in or check out. 3- I asked one of the team at reception to help me urgently and scan few papers for me, I didn’t get help on that.

Room is tidy and clean, and location of hotel good as well.

Another great stay at Ibis Den Haag
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast is quite expensive, so we headed into town instead. That actually worked out very well as there are so many great places to eat a good-value breakfast nearby.

Great location, very clean and comfortable. Very helpful, very competent staff. Have stayed here before and will do so again.

Enjoyed it

I would have preferred to have little soaps instead of using the large fixed bottled ones. I would have appreciated to have a bottle of water in the room.

The bed was large and comfortable, the view was nice

The hotel is close to everything.
    • Standard Twin Room

The room could use two trash cans. I know that sounds picky but having one in the bathroom and one in the bedroom would really help. Also, you can easily walk right by the hotel as the signage is difficult to see from the sidewalk. I hope the manager will consider adding some more prominent signage to the front windows.

The hotel is close to everything. Dining, shopping, and more are available within minutes from the front door. That was an unexpected benefit to our stay. We could walk to anything we wanted to in no time at all. The nearby nightlife is exceptional with almost every food and beverage choice possible. The spacious lobby and well appointed room were a welcome relief after our flight from the states. Our room was toward the back of the hotel and it was exceptionally quiet. We were quickly checked in by a very efficient and friendly staff member who was also helpful with any questions we had. The walk from Den Haag Centraal to the hotel will take most people 10-15 minutes. It’s very doable unless you have large bags. I will definitely stay at this Ibis location again. It will always be my first choice when visiting Den Haag.

Breakfast is very nice
    • Standard Triple Room

Room was not totally clean Breakfast is a expensive

Breakfast is very nice Very close to city center which is very nice Staff is very helpfull and friendly

One of the receptionists I met was not able to speak English...

One of the receptionists I met was not able to speak English and was very rude. She was the one who could not understand English properly but was reacting with an annoyance at me and other customers instead. Two other receptionists were normal and fine. But the hotel itself was finely located and pretty clean. I liked the view and amenities.

Comfy double bed and pillows.
    • Standard Triple Room

Single bed was too small, and breakfast was far too EXPENSIVE. We asked for the 24/7 menu and was told there was not one!!

Comfy double bed and pillows.

Hotel with comfort, convenience, and hospitality
    • Standard Twin Room

The shower did not drain properly.

The bed was very comfortable. They had elevators. The staff was super friendly and helpful. Breakfast, while expensive, was excellent.

Affordable hotel well located at the city center.

Pillows were terrible confortable. There was a person at front desk who was no having (I presume) a good day as she was upset and treating people as they were no customers but bothering her. Accor hotels should take into account as they have people programs to train them.

Front desk people were so nice to me, except only one person (explained it before) Despite that, everything was quite good, its location nearby Grotemarkt tram stop, food square and fancy shops make the stay easier for you. Well connected to the train central station was quite good for me and possibility of travel around.

Excellent experience. It’s a bonus to have a public parking almost in the same complex.

Though they took care of it, rooms should be provided with water heating kettle.

Staff is extraordinarily helpful. I wish I could write the names of each and everyone of them.

Effective small stay in a beautifzul town.

No fridge in the room, bathroom very small.

Geographical situation, the welcome and check.in at the desk (very kind and funny person) and the quick service for new room cards.

Relax stay

Breakfast not included and too expensive to consider. Also no parking areas around.

The views were amazing. The bed was extracomfy and it had all the facilities

Good business hotel, but avoid the breakfast.

The breakfast was overcrowded. Each time I left my place to take something more my place was taken by someone already! The extra price was 17 €, which is expensive for an average range of products. Some products were no longer available due to the crowds in the breakfast room. Staff talked a lot and were slow in keeping things available.

Central location and clean rooms. Very friendly staff at the reception and very helpful. Very silent t night! Can easily be reached by public transport (tram).

Great location and wonderful staff
    • Standard Triple Room

Nothing negative to mention.

The location is great: a 15 minutes walk from the HS train station, around the corner from the Hague's main shopping street and within walking distance from the main tourist attractions. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The web corner with free access to a printer was a nice plus. The room and bathroom are compact, but clean and the bed was comfortable.

Excellent hotel, expensive breakfast

The bed was uncomfortable. The breakfast was extremely expensive and only provided one price option.

The level of sustainability is very high. Room size and lounge was good. Excellent location.

The hotel was well located, right next to the centre of the...

The room wasn't as clean as it ought to have been. There were hairs on the bathroom floor (not mine). This is a shame as apart from this the hotel was excellent. However, I did think 17 euros for breakfast was too expensive ...and the only option as nothing is open nearby until 8am.

The hotel was well located, right next to the centre of the city. The staff were friendly and the room was comfortable.

A day in Den Haag.

After having paid 15 euro to bring my dog into my room, I did not receive any service for him. Maybe a bowl or a carpet would have been appreciated.

I have really appreciate the location nearby the center of Den Haag.

Good location, reasonable price
    • Standard Twin Room

Would have preferred a window which I could fully open to get more fresh air. Besides of this point, everything was perfect!

- perfect location - reasonable price - parking nearby

Great stay.

the fan in the bathroom is really loud and there was no way to turn it off. it shut off at 11pm and started again at 7am.

Very clean, comfortable beds, friendly and helpful staff. Free printing of documents needed for job interview was very helpful.

Central Location, Nice Staff. Basics Covered.

We had a great view to the backyard. Unfortunately, the backyard didn't belong to the hotel. Shame, because it looked like a beautiful place to relax. Made me wish the hotel had a terrace. When asking for an early check-in (by an hour), they quoted me at 34EUR fee, which was mildly off-putting since we paid almost 2x that amount for one night's stay. The breakfast seemed far too expensive at 18EUR per person, especially when there are cafe's just around the corner. (Small note for the hotel: coat hangers by the door would be a nice touch)

Easy and friendly check-in and check-out with staff. Basics were all covered.

Friendly city centre hotel

I stay here with students every year. I am always so impressed by the friendly welcome that the students receive. All the staff at this hotel are fantastic - kind, friendly and efficient. Breakfast is also great, there are lots of options. I particularly like the orange juice machine and the poffertjes! The newly renovated rooms are also great.

Very disappointed.

Room Phone woke me middle in the night (1:10u )because of a technical disorder. IBIS didn’t take my complaint serious. Said it might have been a guest of other room that called (I was alone). Also: the phone just wasn’t functioning right: I could even normally call the reception. Promised that a technical service would check. Never did. Furthermore : -Extra 1h checkout was denied - when I took my own breakfast I was told did was not permited in the lounge. So if you choose without breakfast : where could you eat? - soap dispenser in the bathroom didn’t work. Promise was made to fix this. Nothing happened Did not feel home at all! L

Situated in the center of the city and everything’s in a...

It would have been great to have a mini fridge in the room, but that’s not a deal breaker

Situated in the center of the city and everything’s in a walking distance. The bed was so comfy, that we didn’t want to get out. I would definitely come back next time in Den Haag

Clean basic room
    • Standard Twin Room

15e pet fee per day without getting anything with the money, overpriced breakfast (17e), only expensive parking nearby, no fridge, no water boiler

Decent location

Basic but comfortable stay in great central location

Total identikit hotel room, have stayed in the exact same room in Manchester, UK. No bath and small towels. Not the best value for money-£250 for 3 nights

Good location, good breakfast, nice view from the window, nice room temperature

Clean, efficient and well located

Clean and neat everywhere, but rather basic bathroom: it's just a plastic box. The continental breakfast is decent, but is quiet expensive. We've enjoyed a much healthier and cheaper breakfast 500m from the hotel.

Pretty comfy bed and original decoration of the room and the hotel in general. We enjoyed making fresh orange juice our-self for the breakfast. The view on the garden from the restaurant is helping to nicely start the day.

Wow
    • Standard Twin Room

Brand new, clean comfortable, great view, excellent Location, kind stuff, cozy, Cool, great, Amazing brethtaking, arhitecter masterpiece Highly recommended

• Standard Twin Room

Nothing really disturbing. Perhaps one or two extra towels would've been useful.

Great value for money. Expert staff! Very clean. Right next to the Grote Markt.

Relaxing city break.

This is in an excellent location, trams from Central Station make it easy to get to, and a lot of the city centre is easily accessible on foot. The hotel is very comfortable, our room at the back was quiet, although perhaps other guests coming in from a night out could be quieter, but that is more their bad manners rather than a fault of the hotel, and only happened once.

Clean comfy and well located

Parking expensive at qpark which was the nearest. The hotel offered a 20% discount that didn’t work!!!!! So parking for 25 hours was €32

Clean and friendly with a comfy bed. Well located in center.

Bed was super super comfy!

The rooms are nice but have no fridge to store food or drinks. Also no tea or coffee facilities in the bedrooms. Breakfast options where ok, hot options where limited. Some staff are very friendly others were not

Bed was super super comfy!!! Very clean

Very nice place to stay in the middle of den Haag.

Our 3rd time at this hotel. Very helpful staff, very polite and smiling. Extra service for the toddler we had with us, she got some toys at breakfast. Our room was not ready when we came up, so wewent Down in the lobby to wait. The staff gave us another room and free drinks for the mistake. We were very surprised by that, because we were not complaining at all. A very nice stay, again!

Sufficient for short stay (only night)

The pillows were supersoft and 'flat', the bathroom was comparable with what you'll find in a caravan. Breakfast was quite expensive.

Check-in was super easy and fast. The hotel is situated near a square with lots of bars, so if you're into that it's a good choice.

Fine location, not so nice hotel

The main two things were weren't happy about were not being about to regulate the temperature in the room (in December, with the window open it was still warm) and the fact that we were woken up by staff around 09.30. After telling the staff at the reception they seemed not to care at all. Also, parking facilities nearby were rather expensive. In general, I would not recommend the hotel.

The hotel is located conviniently and the room was fine but not great.

Ok hotel.

Room a bit dated

Ok hotel. Not too expensive and great location. If you Travel NY car, take in account that the garage around the corner charges 30 euro’s a day.

Prison standard towels and mean facilities.

Towels are really worn and thin and mean ; you get a bath towel each but no hand towel. They would not be out of place in prison. There are no hooks to hang coats and the hangers in the wardrobe are the cheapest flimsiest known to mankind. There is no air conditioning so the room is broiling in summer. The shower gel / shampoo / hand wash stuff is penny pinching. There is no fridge. There is no kettle and tea / coffee making stuff. If you want a coffee you have to go down to the bar and carry it back up and they wont charge it to the room so you have to take cash. Came away feeling abused.

Staff are friendly and helpful and accommodation is clean.

Couple in The Hague center

It is really great located, near the city center. Rooms are comfortable, just as it is shown on pictures. Staff is really friendly, and willing to help you if they can. Excellent experience!

My stay was Good

No tea and coffee in d rooms

The rooms were okay bathroom a little cramped and not tea or coffee in the rooms the hotel restaurant made Nice food and breakfast that was tops. The hotel is very close to the tram station very easy to come and go

Very close to city center, just next to the Groete Markt...

Very close to city center, just next to the Groete Markt with many restaurants and bars. Room is pretty standard for IBIS, enough space in double room, small wardrobe, table etc. Rooms are clean and well maintained. Breakfast is rich and diverse, good start of the day (paid separately). Location is great, 5-10 mins walk to center, trams to Central Station.

best hotel in The Hague!

great hotel! right in the center near the grote markt tram station. very clean, very hospitable and welcoming. breakfast was very tasty with a variety of bread eegs vegetables chees and sausage, everything fresh and frequently replaced. nice music in the lounge and in breakfast. I truly recommend it!

It was all great.

for some reason our room was not cleaned once during a 3 day stay. however we were given clean towels. also bathroom ventilation is quite loud. you have to keep the door always shut.

It was all great. Location is perfect, good breakfast, room had a beautiful view.

Browse Ibis Den Haag City Centre traveller photo gallery