Reviews of Inntel Hotels Amsterdam Centre 4 stars

Nieuwezijdskolk 19, Amsterdam City Centre, 1012 PV Amsterdam, Netherlands

#143 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Good hotel in great location.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Only downside was the concierge at one point was less than helpful in organizing a dinner reservation for us. Ended up doing it on line for ourselves.

Hotel located in great position which allowed us to walk everywhere. Room very functional and breakfast good. Would stay here again.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Very expensive... was the equivalent of paying Cad $700 night - hey it's not mid-town Manhattan!
    • Double Room with Spa Bath

The "bath spa" occupied way too much of the room and was really "over sold" as a feature and I wish we had stayed in a room without the spa bath as we would have had more comfortable sitting area. The room was very cramped for space and had NO sitting area whatsoever and did not even have a place to put your clothes or suitcase... causing us to leave the suitcases on the floor. The "light-censored" bathroom caused the light to come on just by passing by the bathroom door which was ALL the time because of the cramped space.

Bed was very comfy

Good location, nice breakfast.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Cleaning trolleys left in corridors, rooms quite hot and no air conditioning only heating. Open the window for fresh air and quite noisy.

Good location, nice breakfast.

Enjoyable stay in a clean, central hotel with helpful and friendly staff.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Location was perfect, staff were friendly, room was clean. The only complaint I would have was the room was very small for the price I paid.

Very good stay but don’t like bathroom hairdryers.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Bathroom dryers are not great, get too hot in your hand but not good at drying your hair. If I had known I was have taken my own but the dryer was not in the bathroom pictures on the website.

We had a comfy bed and a good view from 5th floor!

I was little disappointed of the breakfast and the feeling...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

To consider some renovation although the hotel. And creating more inviting area for the lobbuybar at the back.

I was little disappointed of the breakfast and the feeling of worn down interior. The lobby bar was far and only like waiting area at the airport. But the good thing is that the staff all including cleaning and breakfast staff were very nice. Hotel is very central located which was very nice.

The only thing I liked about the property was the upgrade we...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The charge that was put on my card so I was told by them I shouldn’t have booked by debit card, iv never had any issues anywhere booking by debit card and paying at the property (false advertising) we booked a double room to find 2 single beds pushed together so again I went to reception she printed off my booking which said double or “twin” but in my booking as clear as day it said double. Hidden charges for city tax just beware. So instead of the 511.40 we had to pay we paid 540 something + a 50e deposit until you checked out. This is why we got upgraded to the business suite with 2 drinks complimentary purely because I was cancelling the whole booking! Room was beautiful but it was not good enough. If you want a straight forward booking I would avoid here it really but a damper to our first day!

The only thing I liked about the property was the upgrade we got after several mis haps upon check in!

Always nice.
    • Business Double Room

Everything was perfect room ,breakfast, location the near by restaurants and shops, the facilities of the hotel was exceptional spacaily the new jacozy and steam room and the waiting area and bar. In this hotel u can find everything u want. It's not my first time and for sure not going to be my last. Thank you Inntel Hotel Amst.

excellent location/friendly staff---unusual placement of some hotel rooms

see above

Location and staff were excellent----was not happy about placement of our room---had to go up central elevator to one floor, then walk across breezeway and take another elevator up to different portion of the hotel

Overpriced, terrible design, basic
    • Deluxe Twin Room

When we checked in, the reception person got us halfway through checkin and took a phone call; after five minutes of waiting politely, we had to ask him to finish our check in instead of answering the call about another reservation. We were shocked that he chose to assist someone on the phone instead of the people in front of him. When we went to check out early the next day so we would be on time for our flight, there was only one person assisting initially; eventually a second person came to help. The beds were lumpy and uncomfortable. The room was tiny. The decor was awful--worst public carpet ever--and the breakfast was only basic. There is no way this hotel should be ranked as highly as it is. If you are looking for a business hotel with no charm, this is the one for you. Way overpriced, too.

The room was quiet and had good blackout blinds. The shower was quite good.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Comfortable hotel in a great location.

Average accommodation is generally quite pricey in Amsterdam compared to a lot of other European cities.

A great location. Not far from central station and very near a tram stop that you could hop on to many attractions. Loved the Jordan district nearby. Nice independent shops and great restaurants.

Good located hotel
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The rooms are pretty small, typical for the city center. It is extremly loud in the morning because of the breakfast preparations. Starting with 5 am you can hear - with windows closed - the dishes being moved from one place to another or who knows what they are doing there. The furniture is almost at its edge and the bathroom is clean, but not really of a 4 stars hotel.

The hotel is near Central Station, so as close as you can get to all the attractions from downtown in Amsterdam. The rooms are clean, with good wifi connection.

Great location in the heart of Amsterdam.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Great location in the heart of Amsterdam. Great bars and restaurants beside it. Staff very friendly. Asked for iron and had one delivered to room straight away. Good value for money.

Dirt/ old room but nice spa and good location

The first room they gave me smelled like someone died in there. So I changed rooms and also that one was old and definitly not worth the price I paid. The location is great and close to the station

The Spa is nice and modern

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Not very clean and dated hotel
    • Deluxe Twin Room

One elevator was out of order and they didn’t seem to care, no one was fixing it so in a busy week the reception would collapse and the wait times would be more than 10 minutes. Bathroom in room not properly cleaned, smelled like a public toilet and the room smell was disgusting. The hotel needs a refresh, looks dated and extremely expensive for what it is. Definitely not 4 stars.

At least you're right in the center of Amsterdam
    • Deluxe Twin Room

old room, despite the discount parking was still 38 EUR per night, had to use stairs, due to elevator outage. I was offered quiet room, but gave me a room next to a family with a baby crying all night - not their fault entirely, but still annoying.

location was super, nice discount on parking fee, public garage 1min away, staff was very friendly.

Would definately return
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Rooms very clean. Staff very friendly and helpful. Location perfectly centre of town and within walking distance of most attractions. Nearby there was plenty of restaurants and shops to cater for every taste

The hotel, staff, location, cleanliness, attitude of...
    • Double Room with Spa Bath

The hotel, staff, location, cleanliness, attitude of everyone was extremely impressive. I will not stay anywhere else in Amsterdam again. Our check in was at 3:00 we got there at 12:00 and we were received with a smile. We got an upgrade which was a pleasant surprise We had a Hot tub and a sauna in the room. The bed was very comfortable and pillows were extremely soft. You can’t beat this hotel location. Everything is 5 to 7 min away. We loved every bit of our stay.

Perfect location.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Perfect location. Easy walk from the train station. Great parking near by. Right in the heart of the fun of the city. The staff was amazing and the room was comfortable and easy to relax after exploring the city.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Good place if you are looking for location
    • City Double Room

The room is very small is enough for one only we stay at ground floor and the reception told me it I new room but it is soo small and dark Other things the reception especially the female they are not show they want to help when I asked her to change the room she show me that will be difficult and better if you keep complete at the same room They are not friendly as I read before in comments The smoking most of the day I can smell

The location is perfect near dam square and breakfast is nice bath room is clean and fresh

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Small outdated room and too much hassle
    • Deluxe Twin Room

It didn’t state the amount they would be taking out of my bank 2 days before arrival would be the charge for the first night as a “guarantee”, yet still on arrival I had to pay the full price of the room even though they had taken the first night and €50 security deposit for the room on top (which you get back when you check out) so just be aware. I was told the money would be back in my bank after the first night but it’s been five days and I’ve still not received it. After paying all of that the room was outdated with blue 70’s carpet, bright red walls, two single beds and barely any room to move for a couple, nothing like the pictures of the large rooms even after the amount we got charged. The lay out of the hotel was unusual as we were on the third floor but had to get a lift to second floor, walk to the other side of the building and then get another lift to third floor, not great when only one lift worked. Not the worst stay but won’t be back.

Close to the town and plenty of food places close by and the information desk was helpful.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

The location was very central with only a 5 minute walk to...

Room was on the smaller side and noise from the city could be heard but that wasn’t too much of a problem.

The location was very central with only a 5 minute walk to the station. Shops, restaurants and museums were all close by. Staff were very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

An equivalent to a premier inn
    • Double Room with Spa Bath

The hotel doesn’t deserve 4 stars, 3 at best! The breakfast was a joke... Sainsbury’s cafe does a better one. We had big problems with our room key etc stuck outside our room for half an hour at one in the morning, I’ve stayed in hotels all round the world and I don’t think I’d stay here again!

Location was good that’s about it

Great experience in this beautiful city!
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Nothing truly to complain about.

Very easy check-in. the location was perfect close to the Train and tram stations. The room was of a good size. The bathrooms were of a decent size as well. Hair dryers are available. The room was clean and exactly what we needed for two.

Really poor customer service!!!
    • Double Room with Spa Bath

Reception staff really poor, dog was not allowed allone in the room, except in cage. This was not advertised on site! Orderd room service, they simply forgot! We got our food after 2 hours! At checkout they tried to charge us twice fot parking! Would not recomend, specially with dogs! I know it’s Amsterdam and every body is relaxed, but we are talking about 4 stars, central hotel.... Thanks for ruining our night!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Location was great, room was ok, clean!

I would stay again it was clean and comfy. Jon the evening reception guy was very efficient

Check in took a long time. There were four of us. And it took 20 minutes. I also got charged twice but it was refunded.

The food was very good quality. I liked having the shoe cleaner and sewing kit. It was handy. I liked the way they corrected a problem with the room without fuss.

Great location but NOT 4 starts hotel.
    • City Double Room

It’s is not a 4 starts hotel! Matte race was very uncomfortable, missing basic toiletry. Overall ok hotel but not great value for money.

Great location and overall nice and simply room design.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Buggy stay.

Bed is not comfortable, too soft for my back. We stayed in Superior double - not new at all. Both my mother and I had bug bites. We didn't see what bugs they were...but we had bites all over us. We told the hotel about it and i'm not sure what they did after we checked out.

Location Staff was nice

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Location was great.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Stepping in and out of the tub/shower was a challenge!

Location was great. Tram stops right by the hotel. Lots of places to eat w/in walking distance. Beds extremely comfortable.

Great location, friendly staff, would stay here again
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Nothing to report here, happy with everything.

This is the 2nd time I have stayed here and I was not disappointed. Staff went the extra mile. There was a group of us meeting up from several countries for a 40th birthday. Staff had put a lovely note and balloons and small gift in room. Birthday banners were discretely put up at breakfast when our group congregated, and bibles brought over. Special drink for my daughter also. It's small touches like these that make hotels feel more personal.

Overpriced and overrated
    • Executive Twin Room

Room did not have air conditioning, it was hot and when we opened window we could hear street noise. Plastic and paper disposable cups - cheap and tacky. No gym or pool and steam bath not operational. Expensive and not good value.

Loved the location and the staff was very helpful.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

My husband found the bed very uncomfortable and it kept slipping off the box spring any time he got up. I found the towels to thin so it was hard to get dry after a shower.

Loved the location and the staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Nice location, but below average breakfast !

Breakfast is very average and ''poor'' for the amount that we pay per night. This breakfast does not meet the 18 euro per day that we paid only for the breakfast. - The breakfast did not meet our expectations and this is unexcused. Also, cleanliness in rooms could have been better for this type of hotel. Although we asked rooms in the new re- innovated floor we were taken to the non-re innovated floor, that were also good but need asap re innovation.

High speed internet always connected - Friendly staff (most of them) - Great location in the centre.

Perfect location
    • Deluxe Twin Room

I requested a double room with a double bed and got the room with 2 singles beds and then I also found somebody’s dirty sock in my room that was jus outside the wardrobe I normally always stay in this hotel but this trip I wasn’t to pleased about little things like that for the price u pay it should be kept to standards

The location is ideal

Third stay here and a great location

Wi-Fi was intermittent as we were staying at the far end of the hotel. Also, there was a constant buzzing noise which we couldn't locate.

Perfect location for visiting Amsterdam central - close to Central Station and good connections to the rest of the City.

His place perfect in middle of the center close to...

Water they need to serve water in rooms in all amsterdam

His place perfect in middle of the center close to everything and the stafff wawwww is amazing and very friendly

Fit for families
    • City Double Room

The hotel's upstairs dining room was directly overlooking our room, inviting us to close the room's curtains

Near the hotel of restaurants, cafes close of the Center of the city

Perfect Location from the Central Train Station &...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Perfect Location from the Central Train Station & Airport Access. All most famous landmarks are nearby or walk-able distance. Hotel is good, neat and clean and rooms are well sized and maintained. Staff are cooperative.

Best location ! Best rooms ever ! Spa room is way to go

I had spa room and it was big and amazing with built in sauna ! Very clean hotel and I will love to stay here for all my future trip ! Prime location !

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

only only only location is good
    • Deluxe Twin Room

the didn't have AC there is no smoking area in the hotle if you need to smoke you have to go outside of the hotle the room is very fare from elevetor .In my reservation I select I large bed but they give me 2 single and that but me on trable with my wife ,there is no chance to make upgrades

nothing ,only hotel location

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

A fairly standard room with sufficient provisions in a good...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

We shunned the expensive breakfast (no inclusive price available). There was some minor problem with my visa debit card regarding the deposit of E50, which I had not experienced in my Brussels stay.

A fairly standard room with sufficient provisions in a good location near the heart of the city and opposite a tram port.

Not safe
    • Business Double Room

Someone tried to break into our room at 11:30 pm three times when we were asleep and the security asked us to PACK and move to the other end of the corridor instead of finding out who that was or stopping them .. we got 0 compensation .. I personally did not feel safe staying there and some nights I couldn't sleep and would have nightmares from the incident ,, never had similar experience in my life even tho I travel every two months to a new destination between Europe and Asia The staff were rude and incredibly useless My booking was cancelled a day before even tho my credit card was working perfectly fine and I've been using it.

The bartender was always smiling, that's the only nice thing in that hotel

the spa bath
    • Double Room with Spa Bath

the block on my card from inntel hotel ment i couldnt use it ment i was low in cash even though full payment was made on my partners card. I felt for the price the service was poor.the sauna had one unisex changing room which was very small no privacy at all . i asked for a top level room and was given a lower level breakfast not included in price and no deals offered on arrival. room was very basic apart from the spa bath. i I feel the hotel was over price £590 worked out to around €664. room was also very dark no window only and no natural lighting .a very skinny door window was around the corner in the too. that did nothing for the lighting.

the spa bath close distance from attraction

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Excellent location.

Wardrobes. Nibshelves.

Excellent location if you want to do Amsterdam by foot. Safe convenient with lots of restaurant and bars near by. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

The location is great, some staff tried to do what make us...
    • City Double Room

My booking was room with city view! But what this view shame! 1- It is not a city view it is the hotel walls view, 2- no mirror in the room you have to go to the toilet for the mirror, 3- no enough light in the room 4- no water bottles as other hotel but they only provide daily coffee milk and sugar . 5-I stayed 3 nights they not change the bed sheet even if it is dirty

The location is great, some staff tried to do what make us satusfied

6.0
    • City Double Room

When i arrived at the hotel, and after check in they didn't give me the exact room that i booked. i talked with reception guys and they told me , we don't have a room as the same my booking. I was so shocked . that was my bad experience ever.

Great staff and location very quiet but needs a refurb.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Needs a refurbishment now as it’s a bit dated and the sauna/spa area isn’t a proper sauna it’s electric and doesn’t work well. One of the two mattresses needs replacing in the room I had it was badly warped.

Location is completely central to Dam Square and centraal station. The staff were exceptionally helpful and nothing was too much trouble.

More or less fine!
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Photos on Booking.com does not reflect the reality in the room. We had to change the room after the first night since it was not the one expected. Fortunately, personnel was very friendly and proposed for additional pay renovated room which was very nice and cozy!

Personnel was very friendly and helpful, all the questions asked were answered and good support received on each field during the stay in Amsterdam.

A great place for accomodation only.

The Breakfast.

The hotel is comfortable and cosy with very professional and friendly staff. A great place to stay in. However, breakfast becomes boring on long stay as the hotel serves without any variation.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Average Overall

Room was not entirely clean. There was an old underwear in the closet!.. also the staff was not entirely friendly. To reach my room I had to change the elevator once. The mattress looked old. The TV in the room was quite small. No complimentary still water bottles. No slippers.

The room was quiet. The shower was good. Opposite to police station.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Location is good but rooms not worth it too small

SMALL rooms and bathroom, outdated and the creepy faces all over were weird. Someone was eerily knocking on my door in the middle of the night too. Price was not worth it at all way too expensive for what I got.

Location is what made this hotel, staff was friendly and accomadating

Excellent location
    • Deluxe Twin Room

There is no minibar in the room. What does have a refrigerator.

Excellent location, rich breakfast, reasonable sized room, no view in the room we were the ones we saw a building opposite. Clean and tidy room, there is a closet at the entrance to the room and a bathroom.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

The only nice thing was the bed.

Price vs facillities. I saw many hotel around the world with 4 stars.was ok but not 4stars and not for that price. Shame

The only nice thing was the bed.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Property is close to the station in the real party central...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

When I was here I think this hotel was insanely overpriced for what you actually got. Whilst rooms are big, fit out was dated and in need of a renovation. Hotel is a rabbit Warren of corridors, I was on the third floor but had to use two lifts to get there. I wouldn’t stay here with my family with young kids, I’d chose something a little further south or east where it’s more sedate.

Property is close to the station in the real party central part of town. Room was reasonably large with the standard facilities. Aircon was good and coped well with the 30c+ weather they were experiencing at the time. Plenty of food options and bike rental options right outside the door. Only 2 minutes walk from the area where most of the canal cruises leave from. Great area for solo or couples wanting to be in the hip area or close to town

Very disappointing. False advertising and overpriced
    • Executive Double Room

It's massively overpriced for what it offers. It's swanky reception gives a false impression of what the rooms are like. The rooms are dated, tiny, badly decorated with rediculously small bathrooms. I liken it to a travelodge before they modernised their image. Very dissapointed and spoilt the last night of our trip as I deliberately spent more money on what I believed to be a luxury executive room to treat my husband. Saying executive room with designer chair is false advertising. It was basic , dusty with a plastic armchair. Not good

The location. The friendliness of the staff

location -close to everything.

Couldn't open curtains in the room as restaurant right across from room. Bar was rarely opened, not much to do in the hotel itself. So it wasn't worth the money I paid for that reason. Not all staff were friendly some didn't even smile or reply when we asked for anything, especially at the reception desk, which was very rude.

location -close to everything. Comfortable clean room and very comfortable bed.

Overall experience was good, would recommend. Very good location!
    • Junior Suite with Sauna

Have reserved a room with a jacuzzi and the jacuzzi did not function the first day.. obviously I wanted to use it once I came home in the late evening.. well unfortunately there was noone at reception.. the next day we have moved room but still.. the Hotel should consider 24 hours service to be able to help customers at any time to make sure everything functions!!

Very nice staff, polite.. I have had an issue and they’ve helpef as soon as I have had the chance to let them know.. comfortable beds, clean room..

Not recommended. There are better options
    • Business Double Room

Deducting the payment in USD rather than EUR which was the currency of booking Not a 4 star but rather a 3 star hotel

Location Easy check-in and check-out

Good location but pricey
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The cost has increased considerably since I last stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago. In a recent trip to various cities in Europe, it was the priciest hotel that I stayed in although all were similar in quality, amenities, and center-city locations. While I did not indulge in their breakfasts, if I remember correctly it was about double in price compared to other similar hotels.

The location is wonderful. I feel safe when walking alone and can easily get to various attractions.

Location was perfect close to most of the landmarks and...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Nothing to mention ! Maybe the hotel is a bit over priced.

Location was perfect close to most of the landmarks and tourist areas! Many bars and restaurants , also what I liked the most is the room was very clean!

good location

We booked a room for two with breakfast included. we asked to upgrade the room to three people and got confirmation from the hotel, we had to pay 50 euros extra per night for the third person, but only on check out we were told breakfast was not included for the third person and we had to add more money. it was never mentioned to us in any way that breakfast was not included so it caught us by surprise. I don't like surprises

Breakfast is fine, not too fancy. superior room is big and comfortable We loved the shower head frontdesk was kind and informative

OK, but not particularly comfortable.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Shower had no hand attachment and half a shower door. Very hot and steamy in bathroom with no air. Toilet hard to flush. TV was dated.

Location was near everything, except very crowded in July. Bedding was good. Pillows too large.

A total waste of £1500
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The room was sooooo small you couldn't have a cat never mind spin it. Tiny bathroom where you had to close the door to get anywhere near the toilet. Cheap surroundings, broken plastic shower head and wall mornings, wood lifting around the sink where plenty of germs are harbouring. Towel rails broken and coming off the wall. Paper coffee cups and you had to bring your own milk ALWAYS. Not sure why you only had one teabag to share a day and enough for one cup of coffee even though I was sharing with my mum. Oh and 'We have a lovely Spa', THEY DONT HAVE A SPA!! No pool and no hot tub or massage facilities on site... So all in all, not what they tell you the facilities are like at all. AVOID

The location was ok I guess, but avoid the hotel like the plague.

Location, rooms, service and overall experience was...

N/a

Location, rooms, service and overall experience was excellent. I stayed here with my mother enroute to Andre Rieu. She loves it and the wifi was exceptional

Perfect, great location, friendly staff, comfy beds.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Would have liked a computer in the lounge area to check flights and print off booking passes etc.

The hotel has great location. I emailed them a few times before and emailed back quickly and efficiently. Easy check in (€50 deposit get back at the end of stay though). Nice and friendly staff. Beds were so comfortable I didn’t want to come home. Rooms have shower gel, shampoo, moisturiser and all little bits and pieces. Full length mirror- always a bonus. They even booked us a taxi to the airport and carried our stuff to the car. Great :)

Very good location, within 10mins walk to Central station.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

There is no slippers provided, a bit inconvenient

Very good location, within 10mins walk to Central station. Also, there are lots of small restaurants around so is easy for you to find food. And they are flexible too, knowing that I just landed on an early morning, the staff helped immediately to check if any free room for me to check in and freshen up. And their staff are very friendly.

I read a few reviews before deciding on this hotel. Reviews seemed mixed but nothing too scary. Here was my take. I found the staff to be very friendly upon my arrival. Hotel was nice and clean. One tip if you are coming from the Amsterdam Central Station, the hotel is really a 5-7 minute walk. GPS will try to take you all over. I think this hotel was in a great location. I walked to most of the things I wanted to see including: Anne Frank House (20 minutes), Van Gogh and Rijksmuseum were are 35 minute walk but you get to see a lot of the city. The Sex Museum was about 7 minutes away. The Tulip Museum was also only 20 minutes away and very close to the Anne Frank House. While I didn’t make it to the Red Light District the hotel is very close to that as well. This hotel is in the mix of things so you may hear voices at night. Was not an issue for me getting rest. Overall the the location was amazing, accommodations were solid very clean, beds were decent, the water pressure was great. I traveled alone so I also felt save. Plenty of places around to grab food and lots of nearby Coffee Shops. I would stay here again.

Excellent location! A must
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The location is amazing. We were for a weekend and it was so easy because of location. You also have a bike rental shop next door, restaurants around (open until late hours). The room was nice and beds were comfortable.

Fantastic weather great I'd recormemdit to amyone

The hole thing holiday was excellent and the staff in the Inntel Hotel were excellent anything you needed to know there were there to help . Fantastic

Not a good experience.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The room was newly refurbished. The shower was scalding hot ( set the fire alarm off ) or freezing cold . We told the staff but it wasn’t fixed for the second day either and all we had was a note from the maintenance team saying it didn’t work. So no shower for two days! The washbasin was in the room with no plug and a window over that was overlooked by the breakfast room without curtains or a blind . So no shower and very little chance to wash either.

The location .

Perfect location. Lovely staff. Would 100% stay here again.

The hotel was in the best location. Could not have asked for it to be anymore central. Shopping, food, trains, everything was less than 1 minute walk.

The hotel is very nice.

The hotel is very nice. However, Amsterdam is a very expensive city in which concern hotels, so this is certainly overpriced. But this seems to be the case with most of the hotels there. The center of the city is also too crowded in this time of the year, so if you want a quieter place, it would be better to be far from the train station and Dam Square.

Good location...great breakfast
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Pretty outdated rooms and noisy all hours.

The location is convenient to tourist attractions and the train station. The staff was friendly and the breakfast buffet was fantastic.

Perfect Location, amazing staff but not very comfortable beds
    • Deluxe Twin Room

- The rooms are tiny "not small , but tiny!". - The bed was not comfortable AT ALL , the pillows was awful, I can say I didn't have any nice sleeping.

- The staff are amazing, so helpful and cheerful.... Thank you all! - Location is perfect, you will not find better location, very safe , lively , very near to many important attractions and few steps away from tram, train & bus stations. - The hotel and the rooms are always clean . - over all was a very good experience.

Out dated, in need of refurb
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Very out dated hotel, in need of updating, over priced. Bed wasn’t comfortable, terrible pillows.

Great location, walk to everything around Amsterdam, close to Central Station.