Reviews of ITC Hotel 2 stars

#335 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

Based on 1952 hotel reviews

6.2

Small Hotel in nice area

Rooms very small, breakfast should be included for the price !

Great location on the canal, nice local area, typical building with character , attractive new bathroom

Location was great, staff were brilliant and so helpful!

Was very expensive for what we got in my opinion. Our bathroom smelt of cigarette smoke and window didn’t open fully

Location was great, staff were brilliant and so helpful! Close to central so easy route back

The location is perfect, room is comfortable, clean.
    • Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom -

The stairway is on too high angel so it makes carrying your suitcase to the last floor really difficult task.

The location is perfect, room is comfortable, clean. Staff is very polite, open and ready to help you.

The Hotel was very clean and cozy.

The Hotel was very clean and cozy. Like most hotels in Amsterdam, they are small, but this one had something special. The employees have treated me incredibly well, not only prior to my stay, helping me out via email but also during my stay.

Location was good, staff were nice and friendly

No air conditioning in the room, got 1 double bed and 1 single instead of 3 singles, took more than the amount cost before I was at the property (was only meant to pre authorise my card for 1 night but took €997 when the price was €965)

Location was good, staff were nice and friendly

Good location, average room, bad service.
    • Basic Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

We were put in a room in a different building across the road, where the stairs were extremely steep and hard to climb, and no lift. The towels we were given had dark stains on them, and when we got back in the evenings, the towels seemed like they had been changed since they were rolled up nicely on the bed, but they were always the same ones with the same stains. The service at reception was quite unfriendly. Also, one evening I came back and my pyjama pants were missing, possibly lost or misplaced by the person who came to clean the room. Therefore, overall really bad and unprofessional service at this hotel.

The location is really good. The room's size was alright, not too cramped. Also during a hot period when we visited, even though the room was on the top floor it was great that the windows could open fully.

Great location, close to all central places (Dam and...

The bed was not so comfortable.

Great location, close to all central places (Dam and Museumplein). The room was small but clean. Very nice and helpful staff. You can choose this hotel if you will spend most of your time outside the room, in the city.

Not worth the money even as a "budget" hotel!

Extremely dusty, dirty sheets, dirty towels, couldnt close bathroom door from inside, tv held on by a strap! Cupboard door broken, wooden panel along wall broken with a screw hanging out. Didnt actually have a bed but a sofa bed folded in half. If youre located in the other building i feel you should pay less as the facilities are not on par. Didnt catch names but one male receptionist was quite rude and very unhelpful.

Good location, shower nice, again didnt catch her name but lovely female receptionist who was the only one that greeted us with a smile, just unfortunate we only met her on our last day!

• Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom -

Changing the place. They have 3 buildings and I had to move from one to another. I came back at night to the hotel and it wasn’t comfortable for me.

The location was fantastic!

Although there is WiFi available at the hotel it does not work in the room we were in but was available in the lobby.

The location was fantastic! The staff were helpful and professional. The accommodation was basic but comfortable and had everything that we needed for our three night stay. The room was clean with fresh towels and beds re made each morning.

The location was great.

The hotel is spread across several buildings and some of the stairs are narrow and steep. If this is a problem for you I suggest stating that when you book.

The location was great. Close to many of the tourist sites and easy to get to by tram.

Very Very Small Rooms, Very bad experience. No house keeping,towels were dirty & ripped, No toiletries were provided, very bad room in Town house section.

Not recommended

No lift and stairs a death trap.maids Sat in lobby on phones chatting loudly outside door for hours .lights broken .one window broken ..should have been 50€ a night not 200€

Location by canal was perfect. Rembrandt splein nearby

The location of the hotel is really amazing.
    • Family Room

Since it is located in the centre, it can be a bit noisy during the night. Also, be prepared for very narrow stairs.

The location of the hotel is really amazing. If you are coming with a car, leave it at P+R and take a tram to the city centre. Other than that, you will not need to use any public transport because the hotel is right in the city centre - meaning walking distance to everything. Would totally recommend if you want to enjoy Amsterdam during day AND during night :D

Tolerable for the one night I was there.

VERY steep stairs to room, no shower gel in container, bathroom in a cupboard, exceedingly small room for price, very dated, had to go to lobby in another building for a coffee and then it wasn’t open!

Proximity to theatre and transport links

It was Ok for a couple nights

I stayed in one of the basement room and there was a loud intermittent noise throughout the night which made it difficult to sleep. The walls are thin as this is an older building. Don't bring large luggage as the hallways are very small and the rooms are also very small. I did not like that you had to pay for everything here, even the coffee.

The location was great and very walkable to all of the major attractions in the city. There is also many good restaurants very close by. I liked that the check in and check out process was very easy.

The toilet did not work for my 2 night stay. We reported it to the female staff member on Saturday when we arrived we were told on more than 6 occasions it would be fixed. We were shown the downstairs toilet which was down 3 flights of steep stairs. When checking out we asked for some form of refund which we thought was fair. Only to be told by a male member of staff on Monday we hadn’t reported it not working!!! The staff lie! What a joke please save your money and go else where.

Noisy and Hot

Staff was helpful but unfortunately they can't make miracles... Room was very small, noisy and impossibly hot. We were given a room on the 1st floor at the main road unit - trams and motorcycles running all night long made it impossible to sleep. Make sure you bring your noise cancelling device...

Location was great, staff was friendly and helpful, room was very clean.

The Staff Lie!

We booked 5 rooms 4 in the main hotel and 1 in their other hotel opposite. On arrival they put half of our group over the road. On the first day of arrival in one of our rooms the toilet wasn’t working which is essential for a 76 year old and a 65 year old as the only other toilet was down very steep stairs and lots of them. They did not offer to move them as we asked. The toilet was not working for the whole 2 night stay! I asked for some form of refund as the room was not really fit for purpose. They then had the cheek to tell us we hadn’t reported it not working and therefore no refund would be given! And may I point out the manager on Saturday afternoon when we reported the toilet not working was the member of staff that showed us where the other downstairs toilet was to use. Very poor service. Never to return!

The location of the hotel was excellent.

I would have wanted the bed to be a little stiffer because of my lower back pain.

The location of the hotel was excellent. The staff was friendly and very helpful. Will not hesitate to book ITC Hotel again in my next trip to Amsterdam.

Worst stay I’ve had in 5 years of visiting every year
    • Basic Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Beds are not comfortable televisions broke in one room we got moved into after our first bedroom was soaked wet all over the carpet and no tv remote. Would of expected my upgrade price to be refunded but didn’t happen.

The location is good

The reception staff member was very friendly.
    • Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom -

The stairs are very steep - it is not easy (and not very safe) to get to the rooms at the top floor as the climb down is really steep and not very safe- especially not with a suitcase. I would not suggest it for slightly older people. Another point is that my credit card was cloned during that week of my travels and this establishment was the only place where I used it. There are many ways to clone cards today so I can’t blame this establishment directly, but please don’t let your card out of your sight- or even better, try not to use it here.

The reception staff member was very friendly.

A convenient place to stay, but you need to be fit!

The property is three separate houses and so you had to go outside for breakfast (which was all right, but not special). The house we stayed in had very, very steep stairs. When they saw our age they offered us a different room at basement level, but without the twin beds we had asked for, and so we opted for the stairs.

Overlooking one of the outer canals and very close to a useful tram stop (Amsterdam trams are very easy to use), it proved a good place to stay.

Perfect city break

Would have been nice to have tea/coffee facilities in the room.

The location is perfect, it's so close to all attractions! Within walking distance! Our room was small, but there is nothing they can do about that! It is what it is! Spotlessly clean, can't find a fault.

I had overall good experience.
    • Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom -

I don't think there was something I disliked. I had a shared bath and toilet, but for one night as I was this seemed ok.

I was a t the top floor so my view was very nice and I had light. It was clean and I had enough space for my stuff. Also the location is good

Amsterdam Townhouse

Very small room, bed not very comfortable.

Lovely location away from the hustle and bustle of the city centre, tram stop nearby, lovely little cafe'sand shops within walking distance. Room was clean and so was the bathroom. Overlooked a small Court yard.

Excellent Budget Hotel

The hotel is a typical canal house, very narrow with very steep stairs, there is no lift so carrying luggage to a room on the higher floors could be a problem. The hotel furnishings are a little tired.

The location of the hotel is excellent, it's just a few steps away from tram stop 4 and surrounded by restaurants and bars. Staff were helpful, our room was clean and the bathroom was fab with a good shower and constant hot water.

Very good location.

Very small room. Shower and toilet in the same room as the bedroom. Broken window which is connected to another room terrace.

Very good location. Outside of the crowded city centre but reachable on foot.

Brilliant location and great room!

Beds were comfortable + clean and bathroom was a wet room which was really nice, had a stunning view of the canal. You get a card so really easy to go in and out when you like and the staff are very friendly. Would also recommend cafe Marcella next door, sitting on the canal edge with a glass of wine- just perfect! definitely would stay here again, tram right outside so location was super convenient without the busyness the centre attracts. Very short tram ride to the main areas also!

Great location with good options for eating nearby.

Rooms need updating, better lighting, mirrors outside bathroom with good lighting, bedside tables/stands, daily bath mats.

Great location for use of public transportation. Staff very helpful and friendly.

Cold room

Cold. No heating. Heating was shut off. I stayed beginning of May in the side-building. Temperature at night was about 5 deg Celsius (40 grad Fahrenheit). So, it was cold. Woman at the reception could not figure out how to make a payment with credit card. Entrance door opens electronically to the outside and will hit you in your face if you do not pay attention. No lift in side building.

Clean but cold room

Lovely to explore Amsterdam

Room is very tiny with very little room for suitcases. Windows do not keep normal street noise out.

Room was clean and tidy. Close to tram station. Lovely view out window from dining area.

Simple hotel in good location. Friendly staff.

We had asked for a room as far down as possible because my traveling companion could not walk on stairs, but we got a room, at the very top. After two of our four nights we could switch to a room far down. We were helped to carry our luggage both to the top room and our new room.

Perfect location. Very nice staff.

Lovely traditional Dutch Hotel with excellent all round guest service.

I booked this lovely Hotel for my Son and his friend on my account for Kings Night. It is a beautiful traditional canal did house in one of the best locations in Amsterdam, and I know Amsterdam very well as does my son. The staff are very friendly and helpful in this family run Hotel. They arrived early and were able to leave their bags to explore the city. Everything they wanted was within easy walking distance. They had a clean and comfortable room and bathroom and slept well. They were also able to leave their bags while they enjoyed the Kings Day celebrations which were right outside the door. Prinsengracht being the main destination for all the boats and festivites. Many thanks to the ITC and highly recommend this Hotel.Will book again.

It was pleasant I enjoyed it

We had 3 people to a 2 person bed this wasn’t ideal. Also it was a washroom and the shower had no screen. Our room was underground so had no real windows which wasn’t the best

Good location staff were very helpful. A lot of positives very few negatives.

when i caled the receptionist cut my convertation with out...

when i caled the receptionist cut my convertation with out finishing because he did not deal with discoiunts or bonus from bookin.com . It was a bit rud actually.

The only shared toilet in the building was out of action for...
    • Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom -

The only shared toilet in the building was out of action for the entire stay. No apology was provided when checking out. It was suggested to me to email the hotel regarding a request for a refund. I phoned the hotel 4 days later to check that they had received my email, due to no response. I'm still waiting for the Manager to respond. Disappointing and poor customer service. This is my 3rd stay at this hotel, 3rd time unlucky. :(

the location was great in an area with nice restaurants and...
    • Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom -

We had booked a room with shower and toilet in the hallway. The Toilet was clocked and therefore out of order. We told the receptionist in the evening who tried to fix it herself - but without succes. The next morning it was still out of order. We got a key to another hotel across the street where we could go and use the toilet.

the location was great in an area with nice restaurants and bars. and with a view to the river

Not happy with the hotel😕feel very let down.

The hotel overall was very disappointing,as you can see from the photos the rooms we got where nothing like the ones advertised. We would not recommend this hotel and was very poor value for the money we paid😡😕

The location was very good

They offered a free drink as a welcome bonus.

We had to go to the last floor (4th) with steepy stairs and carrying a bag of 22 kg. We did not receive any help.

They offered a free drink as a welcome bonus. The view to the channel from the reception is very nice. The tram stop is just few meters far.

Amsterdam is great. Dutch people are lovely. Poor service at this hotel.

No assistance was offered with my suitcase. 52 stairs which were very steep - I am no spring chicken. Was not informed my room would be across 2 roads and a tramway. Quite a treck when I needed to go back to reception for assistance on arrival. No guidance as to where my room was situated. e.g. rooms 8 + 9 were beyond room 10, were not visible - and no sign to say they were there. Just enough hot water on the first day to shower. Reported fault - but nothing was done so cold shower for 2 days. Usual patronizing apologies from staff. No coffee in the room as promised on arrival.

Very basic room - what was expected. Comfy bed. Clean. Quiet. Light bulb replaced on request. Coffee supplied on 2nd day.

Quaint Amsterdam location.
    • Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom -

The hotel has 3 properties so you don't necessarily stay in the property where reception is. Although I was given a hand drawn sketch of where the building was, I found it difficult to find, dragging my luggage with me. 😐 Typical steep winding stairs difficult to negotiate with luggage.

A nice hotel which serves its purpose. Clean and looked after. Nice location in the city, plenty of street restaurants & bars. Nice area to stroll around.

Beautiful city, very friendly people, and good food, but low quality accommodation for high price.

The night in a double room costs 200 € and what you get is a tiny room with a "bathroom" in a closet. Absolutely zero comfort or space. This room was more like a hostel room, but in a hostel you would only pay 50 € per night. But during our stay, we figured out that this is not uncommon in Amsterdam.

It was clean and the lady at the reception was super friendly.

Fantastic city and hotel location. The staff was excellent.

The sink in the room was below the attic ceiling, as well as the bed, so I had to displace it not to hit the wall with my legs; the staircase to the 3rd floor was very steep.

I liked the matress, the bathroom, location, hotel hall, staff.

Enjoyed Amsterdam as a city but not hotel
    • Basic Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Room was very basic, no kettle or tea making facilities. Room.was small and stairs up to our room very shallow and steep!hotel generally needs big renovation!!

Location was good

Location perfect, traditional type of building was nice.
    • Basic Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

We were placed in a different building. Toilet not in the room and shower on a different floor. Breakfast not included. Was not mentioned in info. This info should be described in acommodation offer.

Location perfect, traditional type of building was nice.

Very noisy as the rooms were being renovated, had to swap rooms as the first room that was given to us had people literally looking in on us through the skylight in the roof..

Location and the price quality ratio is great.

Quite noisy, you can hear street noise and your neighbors really loud. Bathroom is quite small but probably okay for this price.

Location and the price quality ratio is great. You can walk to every sightseeing point. Cafes and restaurants around. Public transport is close.

Good position for backpackers
    • Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom -

If you are a backpacker and you don't mind to share the bathroom with others then this is the place for you, although the price per night is too expensive for what it offers. The wireless connexion worked just 1 time on the third floor. I think they even turn off the wireless at night. Do not go with big luggage, there is not an elevator, just narrow stairs so you will have a hard time to carry them.

The reception team was very friendly and helpful. The location of the hotel is great and less than a minute to the tram station. 5 stations away from central station. Clean rooms

Everything was perfect except the stairs, it's a little...
    • Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom -

Stairs and the wall in the room.

Everything was perfect except the stairs, it's a little bit difficult to bring a luggage to the room. The stuff of the hotel was so kind and friendly! Everything in the room was clean and tidy,but the noise was a big problem.

Decent place for a few days in Amsterdam in a great location

Could do with a spruce up.

Comfy and clean enough. The staff were really nice. Like most hotels in Amsterdam it was over priced and dated. I know this from experience so cant complain. Great location, not too far from the central areas but in a nice quiet part of town.

Not a good experience
    • Basic Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The bed was hard and smelt of smoke. There was a mouse in my bedroom and the neighbours were very noisy, walls were thin. Additionally shower was on another floor.

The location of the property was very good.
    • Basic Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The beds were very uncomfortable there was a big lump on the middle of the bed. Upon lifting the mattress topper to see what was causing this we found a sock that was not one of our own. There was no way of controlling the temperature of the room as we were unable to turn the radiator on or off and the only airflow we had was from a small window in the corner of the room. The price of the hotel was slightly more expensive than you would expect for the facilities provided however the location made up for this.

The location of the property was very good. The staff were friendly and the rooms were a good size. The bathroom that we had was suitable for our needs.

Went for a hen weekend and was perfect for our needs. Fab location too. Really enjoyed our stay.

Payment process was a little confusing. Wet rooms in the bathroom wasn’t the best but was ok for a couple of nights.

Our view was incredible. The beds were very comfy and room had plenty of space for 4 girls. Staff very helpful. Location brilliant.

Wouldn't stay again

Tiny window which offered little light. Fan in bathroom didn't work. The shower was just a shower head stuck on a wall so had to be constantly careful we didn't flood the room. Noise constantly throughout the night and day from guests and staff, no noise cancellation at all.

The room was ok;

The window was broken and a pipe in the toilette would make a really annoying noise because of the wind. Some from the hotel staff came to check it out, but he wouldn’t try to give me a solution. The answer was “that’s the way it is, it’s really windy outside”. Well, you are not responsible for the wind, but you are responsible to at least look for a solution. WiFi connection was really bad.

The room was ok; clean and comfortable. The hotel is in a good location.

Perfect locacion;

Would be nice to have a fridge or something to put some food.

Perfect locacion; The room was very warm and cozy; but with window that was broken and I was not allowed to open it.

it was a bad experience, and i would like to have a refund of this hotel !!

we had many problems with this hotel but we tend to ignore, until we discovered a mouse in the hotel room. We contacted the hotel for the last 2 weeks to report this, but they postpone it by saying that the manager is not available and is not there for another week. we have pictures and videos of the mouse as a proof of witness.

Brilliant

Close to the centre, if I had paid anymore than £200 for the 2 nights I wouldn't of been happy but for the price for 3 of us was brilliant. Checked again for the same time next year and over double the price!!! Didn't really spend much time in the room.

Overall a very happy stay.

No kettle in room and charge €2.50 for a cup of hot water at reception.

Fantastic location. Very comfortable beds. Decor needs a bit of updating but I think they are process of doing this. Will definitely book here again on next visit.

Not value for money.

The room was really really tiny but still they did not manage to warm it up even though we asked for several times. We had to sleep with our winter coats on and still it was cold. There were also food left on the windowshield from the previous guests that had not been cleaned before our arrival. When we tried to give feedback the staff only said that they can send the message to the management to avoid these situations in the future but did not do anything else.

The location was okay. Staff was available but did not do much to help solve problems.

The overall impression is nice

There were some minor drawbacks: it was cold in the room even with the heating turned to max, the floor was dirty beneath the beds, there was absolutely no window view (the view was to a wall with windows of the same hotel)

Location is superb, all our basic needs were met, the room was cleaned regularly

Great location in a wonderful city.

Although expected and usual in Amsterdam- very small room. Mark on sheet; however when addressed with staff this was changed ASAP.

Location was amazing. Right by tram station and in great location. Fast wi fi. Towels changed daily. Revamped room.

Noisy

It was very noisy.Although it had heating all the time, there was cold coming from the bathroom window and there was a divider (not a door )that was short and did not block it.There was no extra blanket so with -10 C outside I was freezing.Only one pillow the other was decorative.The internet was slow and in order to have a skype call I had to go to the reception which was in another building and I had to go out in the cold(!).The bathroom was so small that you could not close the divider which I mentioned above cause my feet did not fit.

Good location but overpriced for room and facilities
    • Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom -

Toilet and shower facilities. No kettle in room. There was a charge of €2.50 for a cup of hot water. Water not running in taps in bathroom or room when I arrived

Convenient location

It did the job for a 3 night stay but wouldn’t stay there again

No fire escape which was slightly concerning considering we were on the very top floor (stairs are unbelievably narrow too). There was a bug on my bed on the first night which was horrifying. Bathroom was far too small and had leaking pipes and tape around a broken pipe in the shower. Very noisy being on a main road, barely slept due to road works, traffic and frequent trams. On our last day we asked if we could leave our luggage and was told “yes leave it up the corner” next to a vending machine. We weren’t happy with this so ended up carrying our luggage with us all day!

Bed was comfortable. Room was relatively clean and cosy. Nice view overlooking the canal. Was “ok” for a 3 night stay however I wouldn’t stay here again.

Okay!

The rooms were a lot smaller than I expected, and you can hear all the noise from people walking in the corridors/up and down the stairs and in the rooms around you. The doors open & close very loudly. Tea/coffee facilities were available in the room but after we had used them on the first day they weren’t refilled for the rest of our stay (5 days). Couldn’t get onto the WiFi, kept telling me incorrect password even though that was the password I was given by staff.

The room was clean and well presented, the bed was comfortable. We didn’t have much interaction with the hotel staff but when we did they were friendly and helpful! Good location.

Hotel staff where very accommodating even though the hotel...

Under the bed hadn't been cleaned, there where bottles and cans from previous occupants

Hotel staff where very accommodating even though the hotel specifically states that children are not accommodated at the hotel when for unforeseen circumstances had arisen they couldn't be more helpful, giving us an extra mattress, finding a kettle for us for our daughter's bottles.

Will defo return to ITC
    • Family Room

If i had to give a downfall be the stairs to the rooms.

Hotel was in a good location, very clean and staff were friendly. Rooms were basic but spacious and very comfortable.

Fantastic location! Although the bed was really uncomfortable and very hard to get any sleep on

Our double bed was made up of 2 single beds and one felt like sleeping on a plank of wood (no joke). Very uncomfortable to sleep on

Great location, in walking distance of everything you could need.

Location is excellent.
    • Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom -

The small wooden stairways made it noisy, but that is also quite much depending on the people themselves.

Location is excellent. You can walk to the main streets in no time. My room was not the most uplifting room but considering it was value for money. The facilities were okay, the bathroom just met my height. :-)

Near to the downtown, the staff was really kind with us.

the wifi connection did not work well

Near to the downtown, the staff was really kind with us. We got a really nice typical 'Amsterdam view' from our window.

Overall nice place to stay and good location but room could have been better and less traffic noise.

The room we got looked nothing like the ones on the pictures, it had chips in the walls and the bathroom was a tiny cupboard with stains on the shower curtain, the window was very thin so could hear the trams and cars on the road below however, good value for money, excellent location evened it out, would defintely stay again, and some of the other rooms we saw looked better quality so maybe we just drew the short straw overall nice place to stay.

Really good location only about 15 minutes walk away from all the main attractions, helpful staff and comfy bed.

Staff were so friendly nice and helpful

Lighting in the room was so bad! Too noisy in the morning, you hear people walking in their rooms and the noise on the stairs

Staff were so friendly nice and helpful

Small, cozy hotel. Rooms with shared facilities is good for not long stays.
    • Basic Single Room with Shared Bathroom -

Shared toilet not comfortable, especially for big people (need to change place of handwasher or paper holder). Folding table in my room was about to break (I forget to mentioned it on check out).

Value for money. Comfortable bed, warm room, clean shared shower and toilet rooms, cozy breakfast area, wi-fi speed was enough for video chatting.

Browse ITC Hotel traveller photo gallery