Reviews of NH Carlton Amsterdam 4 stars

Vijzelstraat 4, Amsterdam City Centre, 1017 HK Amsterdam, Netherlands

#331 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

5.9

• Superior Double or Twin Room XL

Fortunately we did not have any dislikes.

We were lucky enough to be on the fifth floor in a corner room with a view of the clock tower next door. Nice big bed in a big room. Location is centrally located to all the Amsterdam attractions. There is a tram pickup right outside the front door.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Size of room was ok .. bathroom quite small .. shower curtain was less clean than you would expect .

It is a pretty basic hotel in a central location in Amsterdam . It is quite dated . The rooms are small enough , but the room was quite clean . The bathroom is tiny as you expect at these older hotels in city centre .. shower curtain could have been cleaner . Basically , the kind of room you would expect in this type of hotel . Staff were ok .. two were quite helpful ..but the rest were a bit detached and bureaucratic . Given the location , the hotel was ok value for money . They did accommodate a late departure to 3 pm ... which was very good .

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bathroom , the staff give me a better bathroom but when I saw what I have . I’m not sure was better . Bed is hard too .

The location. It’s perfect place on downtown.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No space available in hotel parking garage. Receptionist checking us in talked to other employees while checking us in and was unfriendly.

Facility was clean and compfortable. Breakfast one of the best I have had. Breakfast staff extreamly friendly and provide first rate service.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I am eager for the changes they are planning to do this summer/autumn, and will definitely use them again.

The reception staff was amazing, from the extraordinary service to helping me out with some travel plans. I used to live nearby, but my info was 7 year old, so the receptionists were very kind in helping me update. In addition, I got a free upgrade to a quiet room where I was able to work on the last-minute changes my business presentation needed. Very good breakfast also, well done!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Hallways to room were dark and scuffed. A coat of paint would lighten it up. Otherwise quiet, clean and comfortable rooms.

Staff, location, good restaurants nearby.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Whole hotel very shabby. In bad need of redecoration. Far too expensive for what is on offer. Furniture in rooms chipped and doors to cupboard didn't fit properly. Walls from lift to room all scuffed. Stains on duvet cover. whole experience one I wouldn't want to repeat. Cooked breakfast offering was very poor. Stayed in Apeldoorn previous two nights and hotel there had fabulous choice of cooked breakfast choices. And why does no hotel in Holland leave milk cartons in rooms for the tea? A mystery!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The only thing that I can think of , was the price.......I stayed at the Westin Grand in Berlin , which was superb ,at less than half the price.....I would’ve liked staying in Amsterdam for an entire week had the price been better.

Staff is wonderful. Super efficient. The room was good but expensive and tad bit too small. The hotel is in an excellent location behind the flower market, with easy access to bars restaurants grocery store shopping etc.....I would definitely stay there always, but would look for better offers or specials if the hotel offers them.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel lobby is no reflection on how the rooms look. The carpet in my room was filthy and decor was outdated. The room didn’t have an iron either.

Great location. Friendly staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Way old building with congested lobbies and poor graded facilities as per the rate they are charging per night. Renovation is badly and soon needed! They are charging 50€ deposit (ofcourse refundable!) ,But it wasn't mentioned at the time of confirming my booking at booking.com website.

Location is the best, we can say! Also, the breakfast spread was fine. WiFi worked good all throughout.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

I thought when the bed was made every morning that it was just badly made, no care was taken, the sheets where not even straighten out and the top cover was just thrown over it, poor housekeeping.!!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

parking wasn't available because the day we checked in...they couldn't open the garage door....broken...At this cost, we should have had a breakfast included...bathroom tub dangerous....no drain and curve of tub is dangerous....

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Cost, whilst extremely expensive didn't include breakfast. The air conditioning was slightly better than a rotation fan. The curtains were filthy, there was a rusty radiator in the bathroom which had stained the bath and the carpet was worn and threadbare

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The beds were very comfortable (especially the pillows, and the location was excellent.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The decor was tired, the electrical wiring in the bedroom looked as though it had been done by an amateur and some of the sockets were broken. Our room key failed to work on a number of occasions. NH Need to spend some money upgrading this hotel. It will not do their reputation any good to continue providing accommodation of this standard at these prices.

For us it was a very convenient location, a short train ride from the central station stopped just outside the door. It was walking distance to all the attractions that we were interested in, the Rijksmuseum, the van Gogh Museum and the Moco museum. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Rooms need refurbishing

We arrived to a very poor room needing refurbishment We were moved to a nicer room but unfortunately I had money stolen from my room very angry the manager was nice and was sympathetic and offered me a free taxi ride to airport

• Standard Double or Twin Room

A lot of building work going on nearby which started early in the morning. Hard to sleep though but hopefully only temporary

Great location 10 - 15 minutes walk from all the main attractions.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

1. slow internet connection. Hotel is still trying to sell you internet in 2018 ! You either pay 10 Euro/day for the fast internet, or you can use "free wifi" which is extremely slow, you can barely use messaging apps. (0.5 mbps) 2. Horrible parking garage. For very tiny little cars. Even small cars like Mini have troubles. When you park an SUV and a normal sedan nearby, the distance would be ~ 20-30 cm between them. Not comfortable. Of course the hotel is not going to rent another garage, but at least adjust parking lines for the modern cars. Not for the cars from 70s 3. Needs renovation in some rooms. Lobby, dining room, elevator - all are new and nice, but room is old, somebody needs to paint the walls, furniture is old too. Minor problems with electricity.

location is great (from a tourist perspective) attractive dining hall breakfast is simple, but good friendly personal

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel needs renovating!

Rooms were dirty and the place clearly has not been decorated in a very long time. Ingrained dirt and a very dark and gloomy atmosphere. The balcony and view were great though.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There was nothing I didn't like but two of my friends found their room a bit outdated and small, but it was very clean so they were happy enough with that.

Very close to the ice bar, tram stop just outside the door, very handy! Everything is within close distance and very easy to find your way around! Couldn't fault the room at all, it was just so well kept and even had slippers and robes for us. Staff were so helpful with any enquires we had.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I really liked the location as it was very easy to reach both walking and with tram from the central station. very nice area full of restaurant and facilities. the room was very big and confortable

• Standard Double or Twin Room

When I arrived only the two single beds room was available, and the room was very bad.

The room with the queen size bed is very comfortable and spacious. Staff was very friendly.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

1. Overpriced location. 2. We were on a business trip and asked for a late check out since out conference was ending at 4pm and check out was till 12. They out right refused to accomdate us, and told us that they will charge 15 euros per hour for a late check out. We ended up keeping our luggage in the hold and using the lobby bathrooms 50 times to change , freshup, pack etc. 3. We needed an adapter for our laptop , when i went to the reception desk and they told me that they will charge a 10 euro price for each charger ! i argued a lil bit and their solution was that i walk across the street and buy myself a charger for 15 euro from on of the shops. I ended up getting it from the hotel because i was in a hurry. 4. We had alot of cash change (euro) and requested the receptionist to give us cash notes in bigger denominations and they refused. We argued with them and they simply said that they cant do it.

Excellent, excellent, excellent, execellent location. Easy walk to Dam Square, near by shopping places, flower market, eating places.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

First room was very noisy but staff upgraded us to a quietter and nicer room.No comfortable chairs.Decor was a bit dated.

Good sized beds that were comfortable.Breakfast was good.Staff were excellent.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Rude staff member at check in, requested balcony room and he stated he didn’t know what rooms had what. Sent us to a room and we had to go change it. Room was small and you could hardly move, same with the bathroom, toilet behind a door you could hardly move. Balcony had one chair, place was very dated and over priced

Large king bed was comfortable

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms are slightly basic for the price you pay. The decor is quite old fashioned.

Great location, very helpful and friendly staff and comfy beds. We've stayed here twice and will definitely be back.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We would have liked 2 chairs in our room with a small table between them so we could sit and talk with a glass of wine. This is becoming more common in rooms. does not have to be large. I thought the club chair by the window was comfy and would have liked a second one with a small cocktail table. My partner and I had times where we wanted to sit and have a glass of wine, cheese and one had to sit or lay on the bed.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The location was excellent. I thought our room was good, overall the floors are getting a bit "tired" looking but the staff, lobby, location, and the what I would say is the room rate was fair when taking into account these things -we will definitely come back and recommend to others.

• Standard Double Room with View & Terrace

The bathroom is in serious need of renovation. There was damage to the bath tub and over all the bathroom looked like it was falling apart. The room was quite old which didn't bother us too much until the wardrobe door fell apart. There aren't power sockets next to the bed which is inconvenient.

The staff at this hotel are very good and very helpful, they get 5*'s from us The location is fantastic, tram 16&24 stop right outside which is ideal for getting to Dam Square and Central Station Rembrandt Square square is a 2 minute walk (for other trams, there is a stop there too) Leidseplein is a 10-15 minute walk Loved that there was terrace, it was ideal as it over looked the street party on Kings Day

• Standard Double or Twin Room

When I checked out I showed my Halifax Card, as I knew I did not pay extra for foreign currency the receptionist said, yes that is the card we have details of. My LLoyds card actually had the money taken from it , so the bank charged me £28.40. I would not have paid that using my Halifax card. In fact I ony use my Halifax card for oversees. So I am dissapointed I am £28.40 poorer

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is old and needs renovation. But we knew that before we booked. Even though it is old, the hotel is definitely acceptable for a nice stay.

We booked a junior suite on floor 7. Great view over the city with balcony.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

we were stuck in the elevator once due to electricity issue , the staff was very helpful , they helped to get us out and the hotel manager Gave us one night complimentary . Excellent area to stay everything is just around walking distance.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was a bit stiff, but it was a nice size. The room was a tad bit small. If there had been more than just myself it might have felt too small, but overall I did enjoy my stay.

The service was excellent and the room was fine for the duration of my stay. I was on the 7th floor and the view was pretty good. The location was also excellent for my trip providing easy access to the metro and Rembrandtplein.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

My issue was with the room, bathroom needs to be redone. Sink was really old and had many stains. The shower head kept falling out. Overall the room just looked old.

Breakfast was great, location is perfect. Bed was comfy.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

450 euors for one night, for the deluxe room it was disgusting, dirty,smelly and old. Stains on the bed, mould in the bathrooms, dirty floors, surfaces and carpet, cracked and dangerous marble and glass.

Staff were nice

• Superior Double or Twin Room

too much noise because we were at first floor and due to breakfast hall on same floor .

Excellet location ,in middle of everything. Large room . Comfort beds.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Iron & Suit press were missing in the room facilities The room door cards sometimes fails to open and you have to go for the front desk to re-activate.

Staff are very friendly & Helpful Great Location. Near by everything you need.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Terrible parking: Poorly marked, had to wait for confusing intercom speaker from reception across and down the street to let you in, and then again to drive out. Almost non existent WiFi. Ugly building; mostly old dirty concrete. Got to be better accommodations for the money.

Location was central

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff was helpful to me as a guest but not as a tourest. I forgot a gold bracelet in the room and informed the hotel while on my way to the airport, unfortuamtely, they denied finding it which is something i’m skiptical about.

The location was excellent and the breakfast was also very good

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel was without any power for a entire day during our stay leaving us with no access to food or drink, our mini bar in our room did not have alot of drinks and was never restocked, i went down to reception to try get some water at night and was told to use my mini bar in the room but as there was no power all day and we had no access to drinks we had already gone through our water from the room and when i explained this to reception they just told me i had to wait untill the morning for some water,i would definitely never recommend this hotel after this experience.

Decent enough location

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the rooms were dirty and sheets smelt stopped me sleeping. The bathroom sink had a massive crack in it and dirty floors were the dirt was grinded in.

location was great

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel could do with a revamp. Staff very courteous but did not necessarily resolve your problems. (Shuttle service not adequate enough) No proper restaurant service.

Location, access to transport, breakfast, quiet.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

In room was very cold, mostly during the night. the heating did not work properly. Hotel, furniture and mostly bathroom is very old and used, would need some restoration.

Location and breakfast

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Reception staff really has to learn and know more info about Amsterdam and their services because they didn't know almost anything, from how to go to Keukhenof or Zaanse Schans, to the prices of the luggage storage at the airport, to the city tram time service and other things. Moreover, even though we paid for our stay the very first day as we checked in, me and my friend had to ask EVERY DAY to the staff to activate our room key.

Excellent position, room cleaning, comfort bed and silence

• Standard Double Room with View & Terrace

Room wasn’t cleaned for the duaration of the stay, room was very outdated. I forgot my jacket during my stay and the hotel said they would send it back as long as I paid which I was fine with however I have contacted them various times now without response , I’m going to assume they have lost my jacket and will not respond to me at all. Disappointed overall.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The housekeeping is sub standard. Toilet bowl wasn't cleaned everyday. There was no brush for you to clean by yourself. The coffee supplied in the room wasn't replenished. I drink decaffeinated coffee which is supplied in the room (good point) however I had to bring some from the dining room. Shoe shiner wasn't replaced. Seems there is no supervision.

The location is fantastic. Close to the city center. Light Rail stop in front of the hotel. More Light Rail lines at Rembrandt Square. The breakfast is excellent and the staff in the dining room very helpful.

• Standard Double Room with View & Terrace

The size of the bed was to large for the bed cover. There was no place to hang large winter coats or coat hangers we did get some but had to ask twice.

The breakfast was excellent

• Standard Double Room with View & Terrace

The balcony patio doors were missing a rubber seal and consequently the noise of the neighbouring rooms and the general city noise was rather loud and windy!

was a nice and central location great balcony view good staff helpful friendly and polite. Hotel was very clean and the attached burger restraunt was really nice, but expensive. There are 3 lifts so you never have to wait very long for one . The schiphol shuttle service that can be booked in advance picks up from this hotel and walks right into the entrance to collect you which makes travelling to this hotel less stressful which is great. Also there is an easy safe in the hotel to keep your stuff secure.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The design itself is very old and heavy, especially in the rooms. In our superior room there was almost no lights, the main room has no decent lamp so the room gets very dark. Maybe a little overpriced.

Nice staff, good locations and overall good looking hotel

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Uncomfortable bed. Beds wernt changed as it had a hole in so knew it was the same one every time bathroom was falling apart Staines all on the carpet staff were rude. Tried charging us for a mini bar that we didn’t use

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is a bit dated and the carpet in our room definitely needs cleaning or even changing. The room had a stale smell so despite the cold weather we kept our windows open.

The location was great and easy to get to

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We had to change the room 2 times: the first time we didn't have any heating and it was freezing cold, the second time we didn't have any window and it would smell through the AC from other rooms (bathrooms?). Generally speaking the standard double room is very poor and old furnished. Both rooms looked like they would need a restoration (including bathroom).

On the last night we were really mad that we stayed in a 4 star hotel and had to wait every day for a new room until 3 pm (one time even 3:30 pm) in order to don't freeze or have a smelly room. So they upgraded us to a junior suite, which had a whirlpool and a balcony, very nice and included heating! Beautiful view in the center of the city! I enjoyed the last night, but all the other days were terrible unfortunately.

• Standard Double Room with View & Terrace

Room not cleaned , floor not vacumed and bathroom floor not washed before or during our stay. Under bed crisps papers etc.,

Bed was clean and comfortable.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There were only 2 disappointments I have experienced during my stay. The noice after midnight which is caused by some drunks shouting at each other on the road. The second disgusting thing were the toilets near the reception that were dirty which could have been caused by users. Otherwise a good hotel situated right at the center of Amsterdam.

The hotel is within easy reach to everything, right at the center of Amsterdam...and if not into your liking, it is just within walking distance. Serves good breakfast.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

we was in the hotel 14-20 february 2018/ if you want to enjoy your holiday dont go to this hotel !!!!! All the hotel is old and disgusting!! In the first night in the hotel 'the reception told us that the price included tax that we are supposed to pay is not correct and they told us to pay 1200 euro for 6 nights for 2 people without breakfast and if we dont want so they told "go another hotel". in the booking we see include tax and breakfast 1080 euro. in the reception there is a man that hate israeli people and jewish in addition, the first night they take us to room in the floor of breakfast and there every thing is broken and old ! when i told to the reception 'they told me "that what we have" and thats it. in addition, in this room there is no windows and the smell there is disgusting. unfortunately,we dont find another hotel because every thing is full ,so we must stay there. in the second night we begging to change room to another room and the new room was crowded and small and they dont clean the room at all. and every guest in the hotel that we ask him feel cheated and the price is not worth what you get.

The only advantage is the central location and the rest is disadvantage!

• Standard Double Room with View & Terrace

LOCAtion and staff we’re very helpful, but the hotel itself very old, in need of renovations. We had a huge crack on the wall and rust in the bathroom;-(

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We specifically requested a double / queen bed. We were given two single beds pushed together, but when we asked for one large duvet instead of two single duvets, it was quite an ordeal to get it changed. We stayed 3 nights - turned down room cleaning on the first day... and then the cleaner didn't come at all for the next two days. Room never got cleaned. Parking was a nightmare and took us 20min each time to get the hotel to let us in/out of the parking. Night staff was super rude. Super expensive for what you get in the end. Wouldn't recommend this hotel at all.

Rooms were suites - thus nice and large.

• Standard Double Room with View & Terrace

Everything worse booking and hotel I have stayed at. Wouldn't book through yourselves again as it was false advertising and the hotel really really needs an upgrade, felt like I was in a ferry, bathroom kettle ext was all minging. Powder milk? For £130 ! Night. Daylight robbery 😂

Pictures don't look anything like the hotel. Clean as you walk in reception act lovely, paid extra for a balcony room and it was horrible, dirty, nothing worked, freezing, the doors didn't shut proper, no view from the balcony just onto a close building, was promised it would be over the flower market but wasn't.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We moved rooms as the initial room was not up to standard. Separate sheets on a double bed. Also the property is a little bit outdated.

The staff are fantastic and everything seemed clean. Breakfast was sufficient too.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed although technically a double was two single mattresses pushed together - quite typical in the Netherlands. There was no risk of them separating, but my partner in particular felt a bit uneasy being on the crease of the two beds in case it did part!

Great location in Amsterdam with a tram stop literally directly outside the main entrance. Good value for money considering the city and location. Not too noisy during the night considering its central location, and being right next to the famous Bloemenmarkt.

• Standard Double Room with View & Terrace

Windows had a bad draft coming in doors and windows all broken seals.was very cold had to get extra heaters

Looked nice in the picture but a huge disappointment

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Let's talk about the room: I was shocked when I first opened the door to my room (top floor) I was welcomed by an overwhelming smell. I can not quite place it, like a very old house with a bad smell? I guess they refurbished an old hotel with cheap materials. My sink in the bathroom had a big crack and the table below was all chipped... The toilet was too low to sit on, like a child one. Housekeeping was not very good in cleaning. When I entered the room, the mirror stand had a lot of dust. The following days they didn't change my tea cups that I have used. I found them sitting on the table. Why would you leave a used tea cup? In the end I went and bought a room freshener from a shop and placed it in the room, that seemed to help take the bad smell off.

I stayed for three nights in NH Carlton, Amsterdam Hotel last week for a business trip. I chose the hotel based on my previous pleasant experiences with NH Hotels in Europe. I have to admit that the location of the hotel is superb and the building from outside is gorgeous. My check in was great, the staff at the reception were very friendly and did their job well. The bed was comfortable.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Thought to room was more expensive for what it was, fan in 625 was shaking an rooms felt run down could be more modern3

The rooms were clean. The balcony had a good view. Got telly

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Location was fantastic for everything that was required for the trip in a nice part of the city, staff could not fault very polite highly recommend and will stay again if I return to the city

• Standard Double Room with View & Terrace

They have to rebuild the hotel!! all the place is filty and disgusting!! I paid ahead for our room and we didnt get the room we paid for, smell of sewage allover the room.. Mold in the wall’s, the bad and the carpet were dirty like i can’t even discribe it ! After we saw this we took our self &our luggage back to the reception and after argue cause they said Ther are no ather room like we order(with balcon) They finaly found a room without balcon but a room that you can sleep without worring that a rat wont jump at you at night...

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We have been one night and almost one entire day without heating, all they could say was that they will send someone. We are very happy that at the 3rd time we asked to do something about it, a very friendly older man immediately said to change our room. We got another room, the same as the other one but with heating and were very grateful. We would have appreciated an apology from the hotel or something, because it was extremely cold and not pleasant at all to ask 4 times what they would do about it throughtout the whole day. But apparently for them it wasn't that bad. For a 4 star hotel, we think it was poor looking, the rooms (we've seen 2) would need to be renovated soon!!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Any food and drink items left in your room by housekeeping (sweets/crisps/nuts etc) are classed as minibar items and will be charged to your room if you use them. Not mentioned until checkout.

Good location to be able to walk to most parts of city. Tram stop outside hotel doors if required. Easy to get to from train station, about 15-20 minute walk with luggage. Room we had was good for the price but nothing special.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Cleanliness and quality of room wasn’t as expected, we did move rooms but still the room was dated and in need of refurbishment. Very disappointed

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was a little hard, the room was a little shabby, it was cold and the heater didn't work very well, the radiator in the bathroom was rusty and flaking paint, there was a large crack in the wash basin, the sockets were loose, there was no USB points. Some guests had breakfast included with their room, we did not. The room was quite expensive for its standard and the breakfast was expensive for the amount of choice.

The pillows were so comfortable.. The location was great.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

People at the front desk obviously don't know they're working in the service sector. After trying to check in for 20 minutes being helped by 2 different persons I was informed that our rooms weren't ready. This after charging us city tax etc that made the rooms really expensive for the quality. The rooms itself has an old dirty carpet that is worn out where people walk. Bathroom floor was ice cold so you had to put a towel in order to be there a brush your teeth. The hotel was way too expensive for the quality of the room. Breakfast was also expensive.. but it was great standard.

Breakfast is expensive.. but it was really nice a fresh.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was very warm and being unable to open a window made it uncomfortable at times. If there was a mirror hanging above the dresser table instead of a picture if would ya fitted better

Bed was comfortable, his and her sink was a nice touch and the shower was lovely

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the hotel rooms did not look anything like the pictures I was in room 734 the room was dark windows filthy and my view was a wall the breakfast room was dirty the lamps above the food was covered in cobwebs chairs were dirty was very disappointed and very over priced for the state of the rooms will certainly not be going back

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel did not look like pictures and check in wasnt until 3 o clock and even then we were given the wrong room we asked for.

The cleaning staff were so lovely and warm welcoming. The location was very good.

Rooms very dated for the value of 420 you would exspect fancey room

Staff were lovley we had to move rooms as it was advertised very differently , rooms are bit dated but it's nice hotel

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Difficult to reach. NO parking at the hotel. I asked info via the mail before arriving to the hotel, no reaction. I did get "a good room" as the clarck said. Generally I think the hotel very quickly needs and upgrading!!!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The noise was orrendous in our room. Constant noise from the reception area all night long. We were situated right outside the tram stop and the windows weren’t sound proof . Upon telling receptionist he was not a it interested about our complaint.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Pictures on website looked nothing look our room looked. Considering we had a premium room, the standard was extremely poor for what we paid. Facilities were poor and interior was extremely dated and in parts evidently broken. In our first room they gave us two duvets for a double bed and in the second room we found knickers and dirty tissues under the bed. The only thing good about the hotel was the location. Would not recommend.

Nothing bar the location.

Browse NH Carlton Amsterdam traveller photo gallery