Reviews of Jupiter Hotel 3 stars

2e Helmersstraat 14, Oud-West, 1054 CJ Amsterdam, Netherlands

#259 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

Great value for money. Comfortable and clean.
    • Quadruple Room

The room was really comfortable. Clean and with towels and robes for the 4 of us. There was a huge Tv we didn't use and air conditioning. The receptionist in the afternoon was really helpful with directions. You have a direct bus to the airport just 3 blocks away.

A living nightmare

Staff are very rude - Old woman with ginger hair especially. Rooms are nothing like the pictures they have posted, I think the pics are from a totally different hotel, as this one was awful. Also huge surcharge if you pay by Visa card. PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

Getting the heck outta there.

Not great value for money.

We will start of with the female receptionist; instant attitude towards me and my friend after asking a simple question about some money which was held back on my debit account, pushed us aside after failing to answer our question and began talking to the next customers. Another colleague, only assuming to be the owner had an absolute stink of an attitude pulled us to the side and raised his voice trying to explain the issue. After this situation, I didn’t feel welcome to the hotel at all. There is no quality of food to be offered. A broken vending machine collected dust was no use. Beds were average, All in all, fairly disappointing stay.

Location was perfect and the bathroom facilities were very nice and clean, other than that I can’t think of another positive.

good price, good breakfast, little small room

a little small room, but it's enough for a short stay

undoubtedly one of the cheapest hotels in Amsterdam with good breakfast and with comfort relevant to the price

wouldnt stay here again im sure you can find better for the same price

room was very small and all the building was very crammed ( typical capital city). didn't feel clean , yet the bathroom was

nice Italian near by , room was very small and all the building was very crammed ( typical capital city).

Very well situated.
    • Basic Twin/Double Room - Shared Facilities

If you looking a little bit luxurious then it is not for you. We used the room only for to sleep.

Very well situated. 3 minutes walk from Leidseplein and opposite to one of the best Italian restaurant in the city. Very helpful and nice staff. Extremely clean and quite.

Avoid, health and safety hazard (stairs)

After I paid my bill I asked to update it as they had forgotten to put a second breakfast and I told them to add it and they assumed that I was trying to not pay for it... felt rather uncomfortable. Breakfast was poor and with limited cheap choices. Going at the room was a health and safety hazard, tiny and steep stairs. An old man was trying to bring his suitcase down and he could have easily tripped and broke his back. I am shocked that this can be classed as Hotel as in England and around Europe there are rules about health and safety in buildings. They got an elevator but only for some floors and you have got to go out to enter it.

The Italian and Easter European receptionist where kind

The hotel was great, perfect location and clean rooms.

It would have been nice to be able to check out a bit later than 11.00 and the fire alarm went off at 07.30.

The location of the hotel was perfect, really nearby everything. The room was very small, but big enough for one person for a night. Everything was clean and the bathroom looked really nice and new.

Great apartment for a family!

I think the bathroom needs an upgrade.

The apartment is cozy, spacious, and clean. The TV has American channel so that's a plus for my kids. The breakfast is great, the people are accommodating, and the location is just perfect!

We loved our stay at this hotel and highly recommend it to other travelers

The elevator was quite small.

The staff was very friendly, thorough and attentive. The rroms were large, sunny, new, modern and comfortable. The location was convenient. They accomodated our requirement to park our car at an acceptable rate.

Nice cosy hotel close to the city centre - very good prices

The fact that we had to squeeze the water into the shower after taking a shower

Nice touch leaving small Haribo packets for guests! Kitchenette was also lovely. The receptionist was also very welcoming and friendly!! The price was also unbeatable considering the location and duration

One day I’ve put the sign not to disturb, but when I got...

One day I’ve put the sign not to disturb, but when I got back, the sign was inside of the room, and the most important thing is that the door was not closed, because if you want it to be closed you have to pull it a bit, so the room was opened for more than 5 hours for sure

Amsterdam

The bedroom is small but enough for somene who only needs to sleep there, the wc is good but it should have a towel for feet, I noticed that sometimes there was an awkward smell.

The location is great!!! Near attractions/museums/transports/restaurants. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. The continental breakfast is good and the breakfast room facing the garden is nice.

Nice and clean room with the nice garden view.
    • Double or Twin Room

Entrance to the room through the bathroom is kinda weird, but okay. Bathroom was really cold, shower was leaking, so after taking the shower all the floor is wet.

Nice and clean room with the nice garden view. Design of the room is tasteless to the point that it even looks cute, it is also obvious from the photos. Location is good - close to the center and also to the trams, which bring to the railway stations.

50th birthday

The property was very clean. In a great location once we realised where we were .my advice go for a walk trams nearby opposite direction. Staff were very pleasant and helpful really enjoyed our stay

Rough start but overall pretty good stay.

First, I got an occupied room. The second room was freezing - heating was off and window open. Otherwise everything good. Mistake can happen. I would stay again :)

Great location, good breakfast, nice staff.

great staff great hotel great area
    • Basic Twin/Double Room - Shared Facilities

I can't really find anything wrong with this hotel

we went for the new year and the staff were very helpful and friendly the room was very clean the décor good and it had a lift a real bonus it was in a great area near the squares and near the trams when we were there it was all decked up for Christmas it looked fab will stay there again

Location was very ideal,the city center is close.
    • Quadruple Room

We had to pay garage,when we arrived they said we have to give our car keys to the man on the reception without telling us why.We didn’n felt safe leaving our car keys to the man we didn’t know,but however we had to give keys.

Location was very ideal,the city center is close.

Basic hotel. Fair value.

Staff was more interested in the shift change than checking me in. The carpets felt unhygienic to me. Room basic and tiny but complete and reasonable given the amount I paid.

Location is absolutely first rate.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Location was good about a 20min walk to dam square.
    • Double or Twin Room

Beds were really uncomfortable there double beds were two singles at differnt heights pushed together. Elevator broke so we hadto carry suitcases up 4 flights of dangerous stairs. Manager was rude too the people he was training and made us wait and watch them all up for about 30mins

Location was good about a 20min walk to dam square. Rooms were a good size

A very enjoyable trip to Amsterdam, I will deffinitely be going again.
    • Double or Twin Room

It was ideally located to see most of the sights in Amsterdam. The rooms were small but very clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would reckomend this hotel for a stay in Amsterdam.

Definitely not recommend for such price.
    • Double or Twin Room

Poor elevators can fit only 2 people. The beds are too small, it is more a massage bed than a bed for a person to sleep on. We booked a double-bed but only twin bedroom is available. The room has no sound isolation or what so ever at all. Overpriced

The room is relatively clean

Great place to stay in Amsterdam. Pay a little extra for ensuites.
    • Basic Twin/Double Room - Shared Facilities

Some of the cheaper rooms required sharing bathrooms with other guests. I'm not used to that and too old to do that again. Suitable to young travellers. Other rooms, costing slightly more, had their own bathrooms and were perfect.

Very small, great breakfasts, clean, great helpful staff, great location.

• Basic Twin/Double Room - Shared Facilities

I did not see when I booked that I have to pay extra to have air condition on my room. Its not a lot but its no comfortable you getting to your room after 8 hours fly and your room is hot and the control of the air conditioner is at front desk and you have to pay extra to have..

Nice place to stay, close enough to everything.

The place is nice, a little too small but that's OK I guess. It is located close to the museums and 20 minutes walking to the city center. Quiet enough at night. The staff is very friendly.

Not recommended as it is far from the central area in Amsterdam.

Room was very small. Poor reception service. I did not bring along my credit card that was used to book the accommodation so I had to pay cash and was told that the credit card refund would take only a few days. However, it has been 2 weeks and I'm still pending for it.

Toilet was very clean. Bed was comfy.

My stay was much too short and I hope to visit again soon - it's a crazy, lovely, vibrant city.

My mattress, although obviously new, was very soft (not what I'm used to) and I had terrible back-ache in the morning, BUT I mentioned it and when I came back later that evening, it had been replaced with a firmer one! The room itself was tiny (as described) and considering all I needed it for was to sleep in (after attending a weekend seminar) I probably should have inquired about a quieter room and not one at the top of the first floor landing. I could hear everyone stomping up and down the stairs all night. Must admit though, it was the weekend and the hotel is probably geared towards the younger night owls and considering the location and price - it was just one of those things, I guess there are inconsiderate guests in every hotel. All in all I can recommend it to anyone on a tight budget who still wants quality.

I must admit that although the room itself was tiny, I was pleasantly surprised by the bathroom - very well planned (creative) and modern. Seeing as there wasn't a lift, I couldn't recommend it to someone with bad hips or knees. I think visitors in general should be aware that most hotels in Amsterdam have very steep staircases, which are especially difficult to navigate with large suitcases and they quite often do not have lifts. However, the location, so close to the city center yet in a quite side street, was just what I wanted. It was clean, and the staff were friendly and professional.

Good for people on a budget
    • Basic Twin/Double Room - Shared Facilities

Tiny, tiny room with poor mattresses that sag in the middle. No good restaurants nearby.

Good location within walking distance of most sites. Friendly staff. Elevator available to use.

The location of the hotel was realy good just a short walk...
    • Quadruple Room

The location of the hotel was realy good just a short walk to all the restaurants and bars. Also all the Hotel staff were realy friendly and helpfull.

The location made it difficult to go and come easily.

The narrow staircase, which can't be helped in Amsterdam, but there was only an elevator to the third floor and I was on the 2nd. I had to ask for staff help with my luggage.

I liked the breakfast room facing the garden.

The facilities are nice and clean, and the staff at the...
    • Quadruple Room

The facilities are nice and clean, and the staff at the front desk was very friendly and always eager to help. Good location near the IAmsterdam sign, as well as the most important museums.

Room very small.
    • Basic Twin/Double Room - Shared Facilities

Room very small. The stairs very narrow We live on 4 th floor. On second day lift was broken and nobody ofer us another room And until last day it was not fixed,last day where we ask for help with our baggage we been told they busy with another guests The owner was not friendly at all.

Room is clean and have everything you need.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bad was terrible, shaking like water bad, too small for two. During stay there was construction work in progress, construction workers can see us inside from scaffoold and wake up us before 8 in the mornig.

Room is clean and have everything you need.

Nice girly room, haha
    • Quadruple Room

There is an elevator for a maximum of 2 persons, which is a bit small. The stairs are as steep as they can be, dangerous, just take the slow elevator.

Simple and clean room for 4 persons, super-girly ambiance, but I don't care, I don't have to live there, just for 1 night of sleep.

Fine for young, able-bodied travellers, not for elderly or disabled

I understand that they need their rooms to be flexible, but I was expecting a double bed, not 2 single beds on wheels pushed together! Also the lock for the bathroom door was on the OUTSIDE of the door, so couldn't lock it from inside the bathroom! Also we did not appreciate the scaffolding up in front of our room outside, and being woken at 8am every morning by builders. Our welcome to the hotel was terrible, we felt like nazis invading their hotel. It is also not made clear that the elevator is for the third and fourth floors only, we were on the second floor and had to lug our heavy cases up treacherously steep narrow stairs! This is not an ideal for elderly or disabled visitors!

Tv was great size flat screen, also the bathroom in room 24 was lovely and modern and spotlessly clean. The shower was very spacious, although some of our friends weren't so lucky with the size of their showers.

Not enough for this money

Room too litle. Tax 4% if u wanna pay with credit card Staff aggressive and not so gentle. Noise for a train very near. Tv broken Expensive for have just this

Not so far from the centre

Worst customer experience!

The Indian Pakistani employee at reception was extremely obnoxious, worst customer experience and customer service ever! Had a small problem he couldn't offer us a solution, instead he suggested to cancel the booking when all other hotels in the area are fully booked. The rooms were too crowded, you could hear all details while sleeping in your room, (plumbing, neighbors,...) Literally it was a horrible stay! And by far the worst I ever had!

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Nice big room and good location.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was a mouse in my room. Very unpleasant experience. Understandable I suppose as the hotel is quite old but still......

Nice big room and good location.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

I would not recommend that hotel
    • Basic Twin/Double Room - Shared Facilities

Small room, old bed that you cannot sleep, old decoration. The stairs is like mountain hiking, if you have luggage will be a challenge to reach your room.

Not worth the money.
    • Basic Twin/Double Room - Shared Facilities

Given that the room was so small and we had to share a bathroom with others on our floor, plus having to pay extra for breakfast, the price was ridiculous! If I did not think it would cause hassle, I would have asked for my money back and found another hotel. I also overheard a heated discussion between the manager and another guest after which the manager let out a heavy sigh/disgruntled noise. Very unprofessional behaviour. Additionally, I would say our stay was more in a nice hostel rather than a hotel.

The main positive was the location, if you're fit enough you can walk pretty much everywhere.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Hotel Jupiter, Amsterdam - not worth the price paid for short stay in AMS

1. do not recommend if you have any physical handicaps for steep/uneven staircases - part of the building charm but you need to be pretty physically ok to climb the stairs 2. no TV remote which was apparently MIA. 3 different staff at hotel just couldn't figure it out or problem solve it. one suggested "using the buttons on tv" 3. no heat control in room, no extra blankets on what was a pretty chilly eve (30s-40sF) 4. not well insulated wallspace so you can hear all bathroom/adjacent room noises, including conversations, etc. 5. wifi was spotty, even with the different options to logon

location, room space and kitchenette setup

Great stay in Amsterdam and good value for money.

Some of the girls in our party found it difficult to climb the stairs because of being so steep and narrow but we did realise that this is the character of most of the houses in Amsterdam.

Friendly, helpful staff and maid service very good. Nothing was too much trouble. Beds comfortable but a bit of a squeeze in one of our quadruple rooms booked.

Clean and affordable. Great Location. Weak Wifi.

Wifi was quite weak and I had to resort to the mobile phone data plan that I purchased many times.

The hotel is located near the border of the touristy area and the less-touristy area of Amsterdam, which allows you to do all the touristy stuff while also exploring interesting local stores and restaurants. Upon check-in, you are also given a very comprehensive guide on things to check out in Amsterdam. The room and the bathroom were very clean. Even though the room was a bit small, it's not out of ordinary for Amsterdam. The price was also very reasonable (by Amsterdam standard anyway) considering the cleaniness and the service you get.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Comfortable stay
    • Quadruple Room

Lift was quite small and just fit buggy okay. Bed was little too soft that kids were leaning one side.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Less than 10monutes walk from center where airport shuttle stops was convinient. Room was very spacious and had kitchen. Lift was small but really helpful for traveling with buggy.

Look somewhere else

The tiny room will make you feel claustrophobic, and there was a weird smell in the room. The steps to the rooms were short and steep which had barely enough space for your feet. Carrying your luggage up will be challenging.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Lovely and cute hotel.

Rooms slightly cold. Bed covers pretty thin but not too cold at night.

Lovely and cute hotel. Staff really nice. Bathroom new and inmaculate. Rooms really clean.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

The room was very clean & the beds comfy.

There's nothing we didn't like.

The room was very clean & the beds comfy. Lovely modern bathroom. Check in and check out was done quickly and efficiently. All staff members we came into contact with were friendly and helpful. And have to say we loved the original narrow staircases!

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Nice and clean room, good location, safe neighborhood.

Very noisy. It was not the wall that cannot prevent the noise, but the room door. Each time people passing by or neighbors open their door, it feels like people are opening the room you are in. Such noise can be avoided by putting rubber bands around the corner, but the hotel didn't do so. Also, no notice has given in advance of they only accept cash. Paying by card will cost extra.

Nice and clean room, good location, safe neighborhood.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Quadruple Room

The hotel was very tired looking, needs a make over and our room had an awful musty smell in it.

The staff were very helpful and the hotel was situated in a great area, walking distance to all attractions.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

• Quadruple Room

Hotel and the room look much worse than on photos. We were disapointed. The room is really small for 4 people, not even close to 18 sq. meters what they said while booking. The room itself is pretty old and badly decorated (not as on photos on booking.com). The personel refused to change it and was very unfriendly and useless: senior manager tried to teach junior and told us talk to junior not to him :) Call to support of booking com didn't help. They (the hotel) also refused to cancel second night and charged it from my credit card without my notice!!! I wouldn't recomend this hotel to anybody.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Nice and cozy place to stay in the hrart if Ams

For example the strength of water supply can be better. If I stay longerthan one day I probably would have this problem.

Actually, croissants were excellent:) really nice staff, tiny but very comfortable room with clean and nice shower.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Never travelled to Amsterdam before so booked this hotel...
    • Quadruple Room

I found no fault with this hotel what so ever.

Never travelled to Amsterdam before so booked this hotel based on price and location , don't think I could have done any better! Room was spotless and the beds exceptionally comfortable ! The location couldn't be beaten, walking distance to everything so no need to use public transport , unless like ourselves to much food and drink gets the better off you , a short tram ride all the way back to the bottom of the hotel road , perfect. The staff at the hotel couldn't have been more helpful and polite 10/10 for customer service especially the guy I think named Soli? Who we had seen out and about and he went out of his way to come make sure we having a good time, and offer any advice for thinks to see and do! The room also had a large balcony and large bathroom. The stairs in the hotel are traditional to the style of the buildings but not a problem if you take your time to navigate down them carefully!

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

We appreciated the cleaniness and the price in regard to good location
    • Quadruple Room

The coffee at breakfast. The bathroom is not very comfortable: when you take a shower everything is wet afterwards

The room was clean. The street is quiet. The staff is nice: we could check in in advance

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

• Basic Twin/Double Room - Shared Facilities

not that I'm complaining-and nothing could be done-but the stairs were very very steep and narrow.but there was a lift so that was great!

nice homey feel to it!

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Close to the city center - in a walking distance (cca 10...
    • Double or Twin Room

Quite noisy - you can hear everything from the hallway and the planes from outside. Window - if you want to open the window, there is a wooden plank you need to put under the window to keep it opened. The stairs are quite steep, fortunatelly there is a lift. The staff could be nicer.

Close to the city center - in a walking distance (cca 10 minutes to Van Gogh museum, 15 minutes to Dam square). Tram stop is nearby.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

What to say
    • Basic Twin/Double Room - Shared Facilities

The overall attitude of the place, feels like the hotel is not designed for the use or comfort of the guests but just to provide a basic sleepover place. Very low standard. I would not recommend it anyone stay in this place.

I did not like the place at all. But, the lady who assisted during breakfast was lovely.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Overall very good and just what we needed
    • Double or Twin Room

Bad smell coming from the bathroom very off putting, the only thing that would stop me from coming back.. room 39

Overall very good and just what we needed

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

A quiet place 3 min from the center of amsterdam.

We booked a triple room. When we got there we realized there were 2 beds and a chair that turned into a bed. Not comfortable! You expect that when someone gives you the option of a triple room you'll find three beds. Not here though.

A quiet place 3 min from the center of amsterdam. Staff was ok.

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Quiet , comfortable and friendly oasis within walking range of most things

only accept cash or credit cards @ 4% ! No debit cards !! Lift does not serve all rooms .

immaculatly clean ; comprehensive good quality continental breakfast ; pleasantly helpful staff ; area felt safe even quite late

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Not worth it

The staff rude. When I asked for a wake up call I got: "is your phone not working?" I did get the wake up call, but the comment was uncalled for and rude. For the breakfast you better be there as early, if you go on the last half hour you won't find some of the options. My room became really very smelly one night, the odour was coming from the drain in the bathroom wich didn't have a door so the whole room was stinky. And because the front desk works only until 10pm I had to bear with the smell during the night. Complaint the morning after (the man at the front desk was kind of rude hearing it and just wrote it down, didn't gave an answer) when I got back it got better. But the problem repeat itself two more nights during my stay, very annoying.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Meh.

Cons: walls are TOO thin, you can not only hear what's going on in the next room but what's going on in the hall as well. Forget about sleeping in (vacuum, people walking up and down the stairs, chatter) or sleeping AT ALL during weekends. Single rooms are as tiny as they get (impossible to wash your face properly in the sink, tiniest sink I've ever seen), absolutely not worth 77€/night, or even half that. I wouldn't recommend it, at all.

Pros: Location: within walking distance to Leidsplein (great area), restaurants and public transportation. Checkin was quick, simple, staff members were nice. Breakfast (5€) was decent. Clean sheets and bathroom.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Fine stay in A'dam!

Stairs could be renovated, are very old.

Hotel in a very good position, in the center of A'dam. Quite street. Nice places to eat close to the hotel. Room is not big but fair for us and very clean.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Too small single rooms at high price

For my understanding the price per night for a single room in this hotel is far too high. I have been staying at hotels in Paris where rooms are small. But single rooms at Jupiter are even smaller than the smallest there. Sorry, but as long as they don't reduce the price I cannot recommend this hotel - for single rooms to be fair!

Hotel is located close to the city center

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Very good basic hotel with excellent location.
    • Quadruple Room

The water pressure in the showers could be a bit better....

Good basic hotel, clean and all facilities you need. Group of four friends traveling together and no problem getting a room with four beds. Excellent location!

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Great Location-Good Price but Loud

Noisy neighbors - hotel attracts a younger crowd due to price and they like to come in at 2 to 4 am. Not good for sleeping.

Location was great especially for the price.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Nice stay

The Wi-Fi signal was regular in spite of they have like 4 networks. I lost the connection many times, so I should tried many times to connect to the other networks.

I liked the location, close to The Centrum but less croweded; the quality-price is very good and the personnel always gave me good solutions.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Basic and did not get the room we paid more for!
    • Basic Twin/Double Room - Shared Facilities

When we arrived they required more money for 'tax' which when booked it advised that tax was included. Also we booked a double room when we got there she said she doesn't have any more available so we got put in a twin room and had to push the beds together! Was not comfortable

The location was in a good spot, not far from main dam.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

The staff was just wonderful.
    • Quadruple Room

there is nothing in the hotel that we didn't like.

The staff was just wonderful. Jay, the person in the reception, is so kind and lovely. he helped us a lot with a big smile. the location is very good. the breakfast very good and worth the money.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

receptionist very rude and inconvenient,claustrophobic room, you feel like you are trapped

micro room, claustrophobic room poor tv, hardly no space to move or to dress. but the worst thing was the main recepcionist a guy from Suriname or Indonesia, very rude, he ask me if i made poo in the bathroom!!no words to describe the shame. Not advise this hotel to no one

good wifi and near Leidsplein

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

OK. Not cheap, but only hotel available on very short notice...
    • Quadruple Room

Airconditioning in whole hotel was "under reconstruction" which didn't help at 33°C outside.

OK. Not cheap, but only hotel available on very short notice at acceptable rating.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

A good choice, but read the policies carefully.
    • Quadruple Room

The bathroom needs a little TLC, and it could have been a little cleaner, particularly the hallway as you enter the building. The listing is a little misleading about the parking. We thought we had reserved parking for a fee, but when we got there it was just street parking for 36 euro per night. If you are traveling on a budget, that is a large amount to add to the cost of your lodging. I think it's best to be clear about that upfront. I know Amsterdam is expensive, but this was our most expensive lodging the entire 3 weeks in Europe. Also, beware of the cancellation policy. It is firm.The other thing that needs to be clarified upfront when booking is that they want to charge you an extra percentage when using a credit card. Having strict policies is ok, as long as you are clear amd upfront about it before people book. Despite, being expensive, having strict policies and not perfectly clean, it still was an awesome apartment in a good location.

We were a family of four, renting a quad room. We were pleasantly surprised to be given a one bedroom apartment that was very spacious, had a fully furnished kitchen, and had 2 small balconies. It was awesome really, after traveling with 2 teens for 2 weeks, we all enjoyed being able to spread out a little bit. It had lots of windows, high ceilings, wood floors, and was very quiet. The location was in a safe, quiet residential neighborhood, and we were able to walk to all of the main tourist sites. The staff at check in was very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

You must ask for the air conditioning remote control, as...
    • Basic Twin/Double Room - Shared Facilities

You must ask for the air conditioning remote control, as they will not offer it to you. The free breakfast is actually 8.5 euros p.p. and the key cards lost their memory three times in Two days. Bathrooms and showers were nice and Heineken in the vending machines for 1.5 euros was a plus as well.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

The only good thing is location
    • Basic Twin/Double Room - Shared Facilities

Staff was very bad. The owner behaved in a threatening manner (physically blocking me from passing through the hallway) because he wanted me to pay for the room earlier than I did. The reception employee kept calling my friend my "wife" despite me telling them multiple times we were just friends. In general the staff showed contempt for us. The room was tiny (very little space to unpack one bag, let alone two) and felt much older than the pictures. The bed was the worst I ever slept on, extremely soft. The hotel was not very clean : one of the provided towels had disgusting stains, and I found hair in the bed on arrival.

Location is pretty good.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Out of this world
    • Basic Twin/Double Room - Shared Facilities

Stairs were very steep , but a fun challenge

The bed was amazingly comfy and our room was more like a suite. Great deal for the money. Bfast delicious.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

horrible experience

Hotel owner (or at least the constantly nervous man with white hair at reception) is extremely rude, offensively cynic to all guests and unbelievably neurotic to a SCARY level. Everything about this hotel looks like a hostel, maybe like a one star hotel, but DEFINITELY NOT A THREE STAR hotel, even for the Amsterdam standards that are often famous for being low. Staff is unhelpful, plus MISLEADING INFORMATION about TOTAL COST- beware: unless you pay cash, they will illegally charge you 4% more without saying so on booking.com! stairs are a death trap, I'm young but found them pretty difficult, breakfast is so miserable with most things not fresh and completely tasteless, furniture, beds etc are the cheapest one can get in a flee market, nothing is particularly clean, sheets are not changed properly, carpets are disgusting. Window hardly opens up because it is blocked by both bed and desk, just imagine how narrow everything is. Bathroom is acceptable, but only if you are average size person. The whole place is more a hostel that a hotel, and again, worse than all is the man at reception- never encountered a service so horrible, but also an attitude that made it quite frightening to sleep there.

Browse Jupiter Hotel traveller photo gallery