View vacation packages to

2. Netherlands hotel reviews
  3. Noord-Holland hotel reviews
  4. Amsterdam hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Lloyd Hotel

Reviews of Lloyd Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Oostelijke Handelskade 34, Zeeburg, 1019 BN Amsterdam, Netherlands

#278 of 444 hotels in Amsterdam

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: June 25, 2019

For four nights it was great but the failings of the room would have irked thereafter.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The quirky room lacked decent hanging space and hangers. There were no drawers. The bed was in an alcove with no room for bedside tables or a shelf. The lights above the bed were too large and Ill-placed. The handbasin was the size of a teacup and placed beneath a wide ceramic shelf making it very difficult to clean ones teeth! Function should always come before style! Why is breakfast no longer included in the price?

The bed was very comfy. The room was very clean. There were facilities for tea and coffee making, though not enough teabags or proper milk. The latter is unusual in a Continental hotel. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The food was delicious if a little expensive. In a nice quiet location only three tram stops from Central Station. ( The transport system is very efficient)

• Reviewed: June 24, 2019

Rooms were basic, but really spacious, I loved the design of...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Air condition was missing, but the celings were high enough and the window was large, so there was enough circulation in the room

Rooms were basic, but really spacious, I loved the design of the rooms, the amenities, the high ceilings and the view

• Reviewed: June 23, 2019

Quirky rooms in unique building!!
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Staff were quite distracted at times & mixed up food orders. Bathroom setup was unique & needed an upgrade.

Bar/restaurant had a great vibe. Food was tasty! Room was a good size.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2019

I would recommend it to others
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

My room was very dark as it was in the attic & only had one tiny window.

The staff were amazingly friendly & helpful. The hotel is so unique & has so much character.

• Reviewed: June 20, 2019

Amsterdam break #1
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

I really cannot think of a thing I didn't like. It was a very good hotel.

Very friendly and informative staff. Clean and well maintained, lots of space and great transport links. We could easily get back to the hotel by bus at 3am. We loved the place

• Reviewed: June 19, 2019

Dated rooms with poor cleaners
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Rooms and interior are dated, unsatisfied with the layout, the facilities, light and cleanness of the rooms assigned we asked to upgrade to a better room. The second room was not properly clean, we found hair bunch sticked on the wall, asked reception for a proper cleaning but upon return nothing had been done according to our request. Upon checking out we expressed our disappointment about our stay , still the extra charge for a better room was cashed in and nothing but a verbal apologise was done to the bill. Naturally would have expected that a least the charge for the upgrade would have been waved from the bill. A gloomy stay lacking of management attention

Historical building

• Reviewed: June 18, 2019

Nice stay!
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The shower was in the middle of the room. And there was no shower curtain or anything. Bit awkward if you are staying with a friend. Floor was constantly wet due to water from the shower being all over the floor. Light in room was quite dim.

Location was nice. Bit outta the city centre but nice quiet area. Staff were nice. Directed us to a bike rental around the corner. The hotel had a supermarket nearby as well.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2019

Interesting bedrooms deco and building.
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

I understand that Amsterdam accommodation is very expensive, so taking that in consideration the price was fairly fair... sharing bathroom is not my ideal; however, we were very lucky to use it just both of us.

Friendly and polite staff. Very clean bedroom with very comfy bed and pillows. New bedding sheet.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2019

Interesting buildling and location, friendly staff, good...
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Ear plugs were provided for a reason - we were on Level 4 and impacted by street noise.

Interesting buildling and location, friendly staff, good tram access to Centraal and the Museum District.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2019

Great location easy to get to and from central Amsterdam .
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Not much in the room except beds. No proper light fixtures or window to look out from , there was no coffee making facilities. Over priced for what you get .

Great location easy to get to and from central Amsterdam . Staff were good

• Reviewed: June 12, 2019

I'd love to come back again
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

General bath is not for everyone.

Authentic design and the atmosphere of that time. Cozy bedrooms. Friendly and extremely nice personnel. Breakfast is really tasty and fulfilling.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2019

Fascinating overnightstay in the setting of "Hotel Cortez". :)
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The possibility to rent a bike from the hotel at costs of 17,-/d and 100,- EUR deposit seems too expensive and inconvenient. Of course, the hotel is an "Oldie" but the interieur is at a very good level and we felt comfortably! The only thing is, in my opinion you cannot offer the rooms in the basement because they are very dark and you feel prisonned behind the barred windows. I think, your experience depend from the room you get. We were assured of living at the fifth floor but this changed later. I recommend to replace the rooms below by sporting facilities or something. But nevertheless we will come back!

The hotel itself is a MUST-SEE, like you`re in a Hollywood movie or featuring "Hotel Cortez" from AHS. Superb and highly interesting. The location is fantastic, the hotel is situated close to the station (2 min walk) and from there you get to the main station of Amsterdam within > 10 minutes, even at night. Highly recommended!!! We will def. come back!

• Reviewed: June 10, 2019

The staff were fantastic especially in the restaurant.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The lighting in the room wasn't great. Needed to use my phone light to find things in the closet area.

The staff were fantastic especially in the restaurant. I liked staying a little out of the centre. Trams were frequent. The bed was so comfy.

• Reviewed: June 8, 2019

I loved the attic room with the swing.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The location isn't in central amseterdam, although a short taxi drive away.

I loved the attic room with the swing. Although you will need to pay extra to reserve the room.

• Reviewed: June 6, 2019

I understand the concept of "quirky", but what they rent out is simply impractical and expensive.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The first room they gave me was in the basement, more like a retrofitted storage space. After I complained, they moved me to a room that you enter through a bathroom. For 200+ a night (without breakfast) it's a total rip-off.

Location is fine.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2019

Very quirky and interesting hotel.
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Very quirky and interesting hotel. Right next to the tram station, so super easy to get into all parts of town. Supermarket directly opposite. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: June 4, 2019

An amazing experience
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The staff is extremely helpful and professional. The hotel looks beautiful and the rooms are very well designed. The neighborhood is quiet and there are a few restaurants nearby, even a supermarket across the street. We had an amazing view to the canal. The room was very clean and the bed comfortable. The hotel exceeded our expectations.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2019

Loved the location, right next to tram stops to central...
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Bath in the middle of the room. A bit awkward when staying with a friend.

Loved the location, right next to tram stops to central station and the museum district. Really liked the layout and quirkiness of the hotel. Staff were friendly too, they upgraded us without asking. Even if I did turn out to be awkward when sharing with my friend, the room was nice.

• Reviewed: June 3, 2019

Comfortable hotel 20 minutes walk from the city center, good...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Our room was on the top floor right under the roof. the ceiling was not, lighting is not enough. The wall between the room and the toilet is not solid, which causes inconvenience.

Comfortable hotel 20 minutes walk from the city center, good breakfast and polite staff.

• Reviewed: June 3, 2019

Hookless but funky
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

There were NO hooks nor shelves to hang away or place clothes and misc in the room. Everything was on the floor....

Funky. Great history. Helpful staff. Great location. Great view.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2019

Room was clean and good size location is good about 20 mins...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

No shower in my room only a bath but the bath did fit into the quirky style of room that it was.

Room was clean and good size location is good about 20 mins walk from station or 3 stops on the number 26 tram and when you compare the cost of the room to it's location it's really good value.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2019

Staff were lovely but rooms didn’t live up to expectations ! Need to have more honest photos
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Frankly the rooms were disappointing for the price we paid! Looked like prison cells when we arrive. No fixed lights and mirror. Bathroom was dark and smelt, toilet light was very dim Showers temperature kept changing. Need to make it more clear on photos for the type of room your buying

Staff were lovely and polite

• Reviewed: May 29, 2019

Excellent staff in a quiet location.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The hallways leading to my room on the 5th floor are dark and dreary. An update is needed.

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. My room was upgraded — wonderful view. I dined in the restaurant one evening and the tenderloin was good (a wee bit tougher than I expected but flavorful).

• Reviewed: May 27, 2019

Good option for central station area
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Check in was kind of slow and rooms a bit pricey for what they are

Very friendly hotel with a good restaurant and I appreciated the coffee machine in the room. Quirky feel with the decor as they have kept a lot of the original features. Comfy bed so slept well. Location ideal for our needs as close to central station/bars and restaurants.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2019

Had a great stay
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

While the food was really good for breakfast, the price per person was astronomical.

I loved the hotel itself, my room was very comfortable, breakfast was amazing. The bar was also really good!

• Reviewed: May 26, 2019

excellent
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I wish a refrigerator was in the guest room!

The restaurant in the Lloyd hotel was excellent. Also there were good restaurants supermarket and fresh fish store. It's good location!

• Reviewed: May 26, 2019

Very unhappy and unsatisfactory and being ill treated.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Overprice for giving us a basement room, at end of corridor, next to the laundry room, with no Wifi service. We checked in at 9 am in the morning, room not ready, of course. We stored our luggage and returned by 7pm. Assigned the last room out of their 117 rooms. Our room was prepaid at time of booking and how can they didn't reserve a decent room for us as we have paid and already checked in by 9am. We request to change the room, but stated no rooms available. I didn't meet any other residents in the basement. In fact I envisage the hotel is not full that day at all.

• Reviewed: May 25, 2019

Way over priced, and felt like I was in a tourist trap.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Way over priced, and felt like I was in a tourist trap... they try sell you on everything! Also, one of the loudest hotels I’ve been to, they even have earplugs in the room for you... not staying here again

• Reviewed: May 23, 2019

The breakfast buffet was quite good, many different choices.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Rooms along the road are noisy. Do not waste your time or money at the spanish restaurant across the street. It was awful! You would think that since it is so close, it would be decent but ugh. Terrible. Other than that, lovely stay.

The breakfast buffet was quite good, many different choices. The staff were friendly and (mostly) attentive. Rooms were comfortable, unique, albeit a bit small. grocery store Jumbo that is right across the street has good food for a quick bite,

• Reviewed: May 21, 2019

This hotel is special because every room is in a strange way...
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room

This hotel is special because every room is in a strange way individual in form and furnishing because is was a prison once. I really like it and it is very near to the center.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2019

Not a 3 star hotel. Not for business traveller’s.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Not a business hotel. Not 3 star. I use Booking.com all 5 years, because I always end up at a supoptimal address. So, will be back in 5 years - hopefully with better description and a better cancellation policy.

The staff.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2019

Loved my stay in Amsterdam!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Even though the food was excellent at the restaurant, it was a bit inconsistent - two nights I got bread with my meal (ordered the same 2 nights) and one night I got water, the other 2 nights I did not get any water with my meal. However, they young staff was friendly and fast. The shower in my room was an interesting contraption with a "wall" that swung out. The room was very big, but the floor did get wet when I showered, even though the drain was sloped quite a bit. Not a big problem, just un-expected. They could use some sort of instruction on how to use the shower, and also on how to use the coffee maker.

excellent restaurant - and nice location - easy to get to everything I wanted to see.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2019

A cool design hotel near the water
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Absolutely nothing. The whole stay was perfect. We told them we'd like to check in early and they even had our room ready, 3 hours before the usual check in time.

The hotel is really cool and we love it's location. So easy to get into the centre and you get so much more room than hotels right in the centre of town. The staff are super friendly and helpful. We always love staying at this hotel. There is parking opposite the hotel which is very secure and you just go back into the hotel when you are leaving to pay. Very organised.

• Reviewed: May 18, 2019

a great disappointment in a place where we loved to stay
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

After we have been several times to the Lloyd and it is always a surprise what kind of we room we will get,this time it was a terrible disappointment, the room was extremely small and dark. No place for your suitcase or clothes,no place to hang your towel in the bathroom. It felt like the juvenile detention center it once was

breakfast is not included

• Reviewed: May 17, 2019

Fine but wish I’d had a better/quieter room
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The shower was over the toilet, the bedroom was a bit like a locker room with cool furniture but worst of all was all the noise! We were on the grounds floor and could hear people in and out of doors, going into breakfast etc. felt like this was the worst room in the hotel so make sure you stay above the ground floor!

Very comfy duvets!

• Reviewed: May 17, 2019

Location & Staff Excellant
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Nothing disliked. All good.

Great helpful staff. Tasty breakfast. Fantastic location 2 blocks to #7 and #26 Trams to Central Train Station. Very clean & comfortable room. Loved it.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2019

Nice room, friendly staff, great location...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Rooms are a bit small but the toilet/bathroom is spacious.

Clean rooms, friendly staff, nice location - very near the tram station, restaurant, supermarkets, and other shops.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2019

I was given a room n.317 and I have doubts I was given a room I'd booked! I was not happy!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The room was untidy. Wash basin: water doesn't drain properly. Uncomfortable to use bath-tub without any shower curtain - water splashes everywhere. Room given to me (room n. 317 located on the 3d floor) doesn't match the description of a "Comfort double room" booked via Booking.com, though hotel managers tried to convince me in opposite. The description said that entire united is located on ground floor (by fact - 3d), that there is a desk (nothing,) that there is a coffee machine in a room (nothing except electric teapot), ironing facilities (nothing, but was given by request right away), carpeted room (no carpet), chocolate and biscuits - nothing.

Pillows, bed linen, bed

• Reviewed: May 14, 2019

It’s a good hotel as for a little trip as for business trip.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

It’s a good hotel as for a little trip as for business trip. Very beautiful building, interesting and unusual, but comfortable rooms with river view. Very good location, not far from city center. Near there are some shops, supermarket, some cafee, thats also very convenient. I want to note breakfast, it’s perfect, with continental food, different kinds of fresh juices, fresh bread. Oh my god, it was my own paradise in the morning, when I had breakfast. Amsterdam thanks for you hospitality, I’ll return, I promise 🖤

• Reviewed: May 13, 2019

Overall, good.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

I and my girlfriend had no problems, but some of our friends had problems with the checkin as there was a mistake in the hotel system and the room my friends received was not as the room they booked.

The checkin was easy and fast, we got an upgrade but I have no idea what the upgrade was as the room was like my friends had without upgrade.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2019

Great Hotel near Cruise Terminal

No tissues box

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Restaurant basic but good meals. It’s 3 stops from Central Station on tram 26 (exit station towards Centrum NOT bus station side)

• Reviewed: May 10, 2019

It was an OK hotel experience and was one of few hotels available in our price ranges for this time.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

My only complaint is with the bathroom. It is very sparse and old. If you're looking for a spa experience ...this is not for you. There was no place to hang towels. It's very spartan. We stayed for only 2 nights so it was not a deal breaker but for a longer stay I would not like. Not sure if all bathrooms are like ours.

The hotel is 3 tram stops from Central station and it's easy to get into central Amsterdam. Room was fairly large; beds comfortable; breakfast was good. There are several restaurants very close to hotel--a tapas place which was good but not the greatest service. Other than breakfast, we did not eat at the restaurant in the hotel.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2019

Needs significant comfort improvements to the building before matching the expectations.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

felt like a hostel, very thin walls, could hear every door slam and footsteps on floor. Also there was a problem with hot water in the shower, there were some evenings where there was no hot water for taking a shower. I was disapointed as i was introduced to the hotel with the mono japan event, and enjoyed the spaces, but the experience of having actually stayed there really went below my expectations.

nice and spacious restaurant, friendly service in reception and also at the restaurant.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2019

Perfectly situated hotel, away from centre, but so easy with Hotel very comfy and welcomi
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Only small gripes which didn't spoil our stay. No safe in the room, lockers available on a different floor. Plenty of hanging space but nowhere for non hangable clothes, more light needed in clothes area.

Lovely out of town hotel, but only a few moments walk from direct tram to city and museums. Very comfortable, helpful staff, good food.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2019

It was fine as an experience, but we would think twice about going again.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

The bed was in an alcove with nowhere to put anything (like a glass of water) and rather high up - difficult to get into for elderly people. I would have preferred to be asked about the suitability. The breakfast was ok but rather overpriced for what it was.

A rather quirky building with an interesting history. The location had excellent transport links, our room had a nice view of the water. Staff were very friendly.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2019

Very nice history of the building, good looking and kind...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

On our floor was very noisy and not well isolated, so I woke up both days with a lot of hotel staff passing around the whole morning.

Very nice history of the building, good looking and kind staff. Big room, but dont get the -1 floor.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2019

I got free upgrade for my stay and the room was really nice.
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

I got free upgrade for my stay and the room was really nice. I also really like the soap and shampoo brand that is given in the room (Stella Maris). The staff are very friendly

• Reviewed: May 5, 2019

Location + the whole concept (ex.
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The shared bathroom, as also the rooms, remained old "prison design" - but I got a feeling it could be cleaned a bit more often. I understand, that with shared spaces that could be an issue.

Location + the whole concept (ex. prison) and a design of the hotel. Although we booked late and a budget room - with shared bathroom - the value for money was OK.

• Reviewed: May 5, 2019

marvelous
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Good location. Just 7 minutes by tram from the central station, and 2 minutes on feet from the nearest tram station, rietland park. Also The building is very easy to find by eyes All the staff guys are friendly and heartwarming. Good meals in breakfast. Buffet style I ordered and the quality was very good. The rooms are kept very clean and it makes me feel very relieved.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2019

Trendy hotel in the up and coming are of Amsterdam. Worthy place to stay with kind staff.
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Only thing that could better - make the corridors more clean or update the style. They seemed a little run down in comparison to the room and restaurant. I was in 203.

Fantastic staff, lobby is great, the restaurant is designed well. My room was very clean and styled well

• Reviewed: May 1, 2019

Loved this quirky old converted building.

All good

Loved this quirky old converted building. Our room used to be an apothecary and still had cupboards with medical bottles. Massive and very comfy bed set in an enclosed cupboard, very unusual. Staff all excellent and helpful

• Reviewed: May 1, 2019

The bed was very comfortable.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

There should be mention that the bed covers and pillows are duvet. I am allergic and had a bad night's sleep because of allergy symptoms: red and burning eyes, coughing and sneezing, difficulty breathing ... also, the room was quite cramped for two people. The bathroom and shower are quite claustrophobic.

The bed was very comfortable. Chocolate was a nice touch. Free WiFi is appreciated.

The location was good.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

First, They did not give us the room that we paid for, but much smaller one with a bath in the middle of the room and toilet in the wardrobe. After complaining, we got a bigger room which still did not look any close to the pictures on the website. The staff was good but we did not like the attempt to mess up with the rooms. It is overpriced for what you get.

The location was good. 3 tram stops from the central station. The breakfast was excellent.. not a big variety, but products are fresh and good. The bed was very comfy.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2019

Would definitely stay here again when in Amsterdam.
    • Superior Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Need more lighting in shower and lower bathroom sink mirror.

Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Convenient onsite restaurant and bar. Very close to the tram. Very large room with comfortable seating and plenty of room for luggage. Clean, convenient, and over the top helpful to guests. A real home away from home.

• Reviewed: April 27, 2019

Nice and friendly staffs in hotel !
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

the room is not have a shower cabin , they told before I was not surprised however it was not easy. Think about this if you will book like this

Nice and friendly staffs in hotel !

• Reviewed: April 27, 2019

The staff was very helpful and friendly and offered...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

There wasn't a mini fridge in our room, and the air conditioning wasn't working.

The staff was very helpful and friendly and offered alternatives for what we didn't like. The location was excellent with public transportation arriving right in front of it from different points of the city, a supermarket across the street, two restaurants in front of it right next to the port with a beautiful view. The hallways were always very quiet making it very easy to sleep.

• Reviewed: April 26, 2019

Fab from start to finish, but pick a room on the upper levels.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The room was fab, really really big, great bed and cool shower BUT I would have preferred a room on an upper floor as it was quite loud in the basement - right under the ground floor (inc restaurant and bar) and its also the service entrance so staff walking through, in addition it 'looks out' onto the street so you've got the street noise too. I like natural light and the windows were tiny so definitely wouldn't be my first choice. But loved it anyway.

The people are relaxed, accommodating and efficient - the perfect combination. Nothing is a problem and you don't have to wait too long for anything. They upgraded me which was good. The building itself is super cool and a fine location for me as it was less than 30 minute walk to the office I was working in at the University. Well worth the room rate. In addition they had vegan options so that was incredible.

• Reviewed: April 26, 2019

Beautiful looking hotel, was expecting the room to be a...
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Can be a bit noisy if the windows are opened especially at night and it gets too warm if the windows are closed, but that’s pretty much a complaint that can be applicable to anywhere a bar in front of it.

Beautiful looking hotel, was expecting the room to be a little bit different maybe with windows but probably the type of room I chose doesn’t facilitate that and I wish that would’ve been made clear. The staff are very helpful, it’s clean, near to a number of locations and it’s overlooking a canal! For the amount paid for this is good.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2019

Nice modern cabin aesthetic in an institutional building; wonderful bed, linens, restaurant!
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The location felt somewhat remote / isolated. The institutional history of the building was clear from the halls and hall lighting. It was an odd juxtaposition of very high care/selection in the furnishings while still feeling like the bones were a YMCA or other institution.

Staff were quite nice. Hotel was clean, linens crisp, bed very comfortable and the room decor was a nice aesthetic. The quality of the breakfast buffet was outstanding. We loved the tapas restaurant across the street - great food/drinks and a very local/casual vibe. Public rail transit was very near walk at the rear of building.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2019

Unusual place with interesting history - a century ago it...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Unusual place with interesting history - a century ago it was used for immigrants, then for kids jailers, and then - artists and yugoslavs) 10 years it is a hotel. Location is not in city center but it is easy to reach it by tram. Nice terrace, peaceful channel with nice restaurants from other side.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2019

Excellent value for money on non peak days!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

All minor things but room had a slight damp smell on entry, but after opening the window this disappeared pretty quickly.... Also not the usual spick and span i experienced on previous visits, with some lamps not working and some rubbish under the bed, second window couldn't be opened properly, but nothing major.

The room itself, Comfort, is pretty awesome if you like an industrial feel. Comfy beds, coffee maschine, plenty of space. Cool outdoor deck with decent snacks and excellent wine, all good value for money. Got the room on a special for 95 euro, really good value. Best thing is still the breakfast though, with even more options than before. Super fresh bread and juices with 4 types of muesli. Eggs also terrific with super crispy bacon. Best value breakfast in Amsterdam for sure at 15 euro, when you pay on check in.

• Reviewed: April 20, 2019

A relaxing break in a fantastic hotel to continue to enjoy this amazing city!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Not really anything, perhaps a hook for hand towel if being really picky !

Architecture, the individual rooms, uniqueness. Being away from the crowds. Loved the outside bar and ambience. The kind staff and very nice food. Oh and loved the complimentary bar of chocolate left in the room - great for the teenage daughter!

Location was perfect.
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

It can get quite noisy. If you’re a light sleeper, be sure to bring headphones because you can hear your neighbors

Location was perfect. Away from the frantic of the city, quiet location, but easy access to trams to get to all tourist attractions easily.

• Reviewed: April 20, 2019

The history display is a must- give yourself 15 mins at...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

I think frontline staff need a little more training. We had a number of confusions when checking in (one computer was down) and also when ordering breakfast. Neither were the end of the world but checking in time should be made as smooth as possible when you've travelled a long way and are tired. Breakfast - we were sometimes asked twice to give our room number. The system was a little confused to say the least. Fix these and the place is all good! This is my only issue. I would still recommend The Lloyd.

The history display is a must- give yourself 15 mins at least to follow this. The Lloyd has an extraordinary past - read it and it will really add another level to your stay. The food was excellent throughout- the breakfast is well worth 17euros so get up early and hungry! Coffee great. A wide and great quality selection of jams, juices, smoked salmon, granola and smoked bacon. Everyone is catered for. We also dined once and we were all very impressed. Delicious! Stylish surroundings too. Beds very comfy. Shower strong and hot. Lovely bathroom accessories- gel and body lotion. Spotlessly clean. Easy transport - 3 tram stops to Centraal Station - only 7 mins or so.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2019

A good place to stay but located a distance from downtown
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was not included in our price, but we splurged and paid the 15 euros each one day. Not worth the money. Waitress ignored us. Food was in warmers. Many of the items were missing and those that were there were not freshly made. Coffee was by machine, and machines do not make decent latte's!

The Lloyd Hotel is a good place to stay while in Amsterdam. Note that it is a distance (3 tram stops ) from the train station and downtown. About a half an hour brisk walk to central Amsterdam. This was ideal for us as we were catching a boat from the nearby dock and we prefer quiet neighborhoods. The rooms were large by european standards, bathrooms big, water pressure good, and everything clean. There is an elevator. Staff were very helpful. Tip: there is an excellent Spanish restaurant right across the street where you can get tapas and sangria. Best meal we had in Amsterdam.

• Reviewed: April 12, 2019

I would certainly recommend the place and stay there again.
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

I already did this. The staff were really friendly, especially the night porter. The restaurant it a beautiful and unique place, like the whole building. It was unusual to share a bathroom but understandable from the institutional past of the building.

• Reviewed: April 11, 2019

The beds were comfy.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The bathroom windows weren't completely sealed and there was draft coming in through the windows which made showering paunful because it was so cold.

The beds were comfy.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2019

Lloyd Hotel was an experience. Good location. Clean room but it lacked a bathroom. Not fun :(
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The room didn't have a toilet which was unusual. For the cost, I think it would have been appropriate. It was a pity because everything else was good. It wasn't clear that bathroom wasn't included.

Location was good, very good. The building's history was very interesting and its design. Very clean rooms, and sheets were clean, well prepared beds. Gorgeous view.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2019

Quirky design, nice location but room itself was not great
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The bedroom had tiled walls and felt very much like a hospital operating theatre or mental asylum. There were no plugs at ground level so had to ask for an extension cable. Not great arriving at night as there wasn’t a light switch to turn on lights - had to use phone torch to find a lamp switch

Liked the location and downstairs lobby area

It was very ok.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

I found it bothering that the socket plugs were old fashioned (not accessable for every adapter) and there were simply not enough/ not well placed to use. All the lamps and tv were connected so no free sockets for chargers. The sloped roof takes away a lot of space. Basically the room is just too expensive for what you get.

The bed was nice and cosy. The pillows are great. The room as such was nice, it had been painted recently and the interior was new. The breakfast buffet is also very good. And the dining hall is amazing.

A bed.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Bar across the street very loud till 3am. You know when they provide ear plugs it’s going to be bad. Room was -1. Light fixtures hanging by a cord from the wall. Very basic accommodations.

The breakfast was great. Coffee the best. Staff at the front desk very helpful.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2019

For sure we don’t gonna come back!!!or recommend this place to someone
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The hotel is disgusting! Our duble room was really small, without mirror and chandelier, just 2 nightstands. The worst thing was that we didn’t have private bathroom in the room!! The bathroom and toilet was in corridor where was all the time the big queue and I have been waiting for 40 minutes to take shower!!! Of course toilet and bathroom was dirty, bad smell and disgust!!

Nothing!!!!!!

• Reviewed: April 7, 2019

Comfortable, interesting, practical - have stayed in a few Amsterdam hotels but was the most unique
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The prices aren't rock bottom, although I would consider it very affordable compared to amsterdam as a whole. Didn't try breakfast so can't comment. Some of the other budget rooms I saw in the photos where the toilet was in the middle of the room - thats not a level of quirkiness I could accept. But as said I have said - 0 faults with the one I stayed in.

For lack of a better word the 'quirkiness' of this hotel seems to be quite a subjective thing - I found myself reading some mixed reviews of this hotel before attending. But in every aspect of Lloyds hotel I experienced my expectations were exceeded. Its difficult to get a perfect balance when it comes to service in a hotel but I found the staff to be helpful and friendly when you wanted information or needed something sorted out and very non invasive and attentive when it came to cleaning. Room was very comfortable, large and clean and I spent a good 15 minutes exploring the rest of the building - it has a very interesting history if you care for that sort of thing. Tram 26 takes you right to central station and is a 2 minute walk away, local supermarket, fruit and veg place and bars are even closer.

• Reviewed: April 7, 2019

Lloyd was a treat to stay at and we will stay there again.
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The breakfast buffet was quite expensive at 15 euro.

The location was great. The Oost of Amsterdam is great and its lovely being walking distance from Centraal and from Java Straat. Its on the water and is in a good spot. The rooms are good, and the breakfast was quality. The building has a super interesting history and ethos and we will definately go there again when we visit our friends in Amsterdam.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2019

Quaint & charming hotel filled with history
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Wifi connection was very poor in my room. This can be annoying if you are travelling for work as I was. Apart from this it was an overall pleasant experience.

Location was convenient as you were about 10-15 minutes away from Amsterdam Centraal Station by tram. Plenty of food options nearby. Supermarkets were about a 5-minute walk away as well.

We Price Match