Reviews of Park Plaza Eindhoven 4 stars

Geldropseweg 17, Eindhoven City Centre, 5611 SC Eindhoven, Netherlands

#8 of 28 hotels in Eindhoven

Very friendly staff, excellent service.
    • Executive Double Room

There is a part of the hotel were they sent us first, very unsafe because is it located above a restaurant. There is no the emergency door because of it locked. Besides, the windows cannot be open and the entrance to that part of the hotel is dark and claustrophobic. Fortunately, after complaining I got a nice room on the other side, safer and with open stairs. They should look at that and do something about.

Very friendly staff, excellent service. They did the best to make us feel good when they changed the location of our room for a safer one.

The room was quiet and comfortable - The shower is nice.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

My flight was late and I finally got to check in at 21:55 and immediately asked about the hotel restaurant in the lobby as I had not eaten all day. I was told they close at 22:00 so I should go straight there after check in to let them know. I did this and by now it was 22:01 and was told the restaurant was closed. For 1 minute overtime this 'jobsworth' approach is a disgrace in a hotel saying their aim is to look after its customers. To compound this no one was able to recommend me an alternative simply saying its Tuesday (as if that should mean anything to me). For this reason I will not book this hotel again! Management please take note - this is not the way to retain customers!

The room was quiet and comfortable - The shower is nice. There are two restaurants at the hotel. I discovered the Momoyama, a Japanese teppanyaki restaurant, on my second night at the hotel and it was superb. A shame I had not been told about it on the first night - see what I did not like.

It is really close to the center but not as close to hear...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Small offer on tv channels

It is really close to the center but not as close to hear all the noise! Excelente breakfast, staff and installations (gym, sauna, pool)

Good for business travellers
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Bathtub was very narrow.. could barely stand with my feet next to each other. Though this is a very small inconvenience, barely noteworthy.

Hotel room was big, and also had a big bathroom. Although close by to some pubs, there wasn't any noise in the room. Free parking on site. Clean facilities overall. Would recommend this to any business traveler.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Feels good

simple, silly things about house keeping but the hotel welcomed the advice and promised to fix. Nothing serious. I wish they had a larger gym.

The staff were so friendly and helpful and they listen and welcome any advise or criticism . Great location

Room didn’t fit the description
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very bad room. Despite we booked a regular 20 sq. m. room we got a very small one, with a claustrophobic view. A continuous loud noise coming from the pipes outside kept us awake all night.

Great position. Overall nice building. Open 24h. Clean.

Good location, couple of minutes walk to centre.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Good location, couple of minutes walk to centre. Friendly staff. Clean. Safe deposit box. Stayed in double room by myself however if I had my partner with me I would have complained about the room size. Small room for a double room at the price for two nights.

Beautiful hotel and lovely room but lacked soul

No communication

Room was absolutely gorgeous but I requested two single beds , the property never got back to me at all. On arrival we were told they had no single beds, I asked if another bed could be put in the room as I was travelling with my son, but they said it was not possible. I requested the beds but no response so I presumed quite wrongly that they had organised it. I would not have booked otherwise

Good Location, comfortable stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The check in process was a long wait. we had a balcony in our room, but unfortunately there was no access to it, the door was locked.. we were not so happy about this.

The breakfast was good. The room was comfortable. The location of the hotel is perfect, surrounded by restaurants, not so far from the city center and close to the streets that are buzzing with young people around.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

We had to wait two hours for the room
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We arrived at 3.30 pm (check in is at 2 pm) and the rooms were not cleaned yet. When we came back at 4 pm rooms were ready and we had almost to beg for a recompensation in the form of free breakfast.

Rooms are spacious and clean, beds are comfortable, location is ok.

Great stay!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We found a couple of bugs on our fresh towels and the bed sheets weren't changed throughout our stay which was an inconvience due to a large juice stain on the sheets.

So cheap and feels like a 5 star hotel. Staff were very attentive and doors get locked after a certain time so security was on point. The hotel is in a great location - not right in the centre to feel touristy but plenty around you to keep you busy.

Stayed in this hotel many times and always go back when in Eindhoven, wouldn't go anywhere else
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The bath is rather high to step in and out of and when slippery could be dangerous!

Friendly personel, great location, spotlessly clean, superb room which was so spacious, also nespresso coffee machine, great parking

Recommend, good location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No English Breakfast tea bags in room. Only awful fruit ones. Not enough milk provided.

Good clean room. All facilities provided. Young Luther who works in the breakfast area was very polite and helpful.

Central location, professionell staff and good value for...
    • Executive Double Room

Not a large selection of food from the hotel. However it's easy enough to find food close by as it's licated very central.

Central location, professionell staff and good value for money. This was our second stay at Park plaza and we enjoyed our stay just as much as the first time!

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

A practical place to stop
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Only outdoor private parking available.

The hotel is a short walk away from the city centre, but a bit to the side, which makes it easy to reach by car. There are some good restaurants just a few steps away. Our room was spacious and recently renovated.

Terribly cleaned room
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The cleaning in the room was terrible. There was a glass with some food under the bed. Pieces of gum under the table and hair on the bathroom floor. Really noise doors in the corridor, waking you up all the time.

We stayed just one night. Didn't have time to enjoy the hotel. And the only experience that we had was a terribly cleaned room, uncomfortable small room and bad airco.

Poor cleanliness
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Housekeeping, check in service, security and Duty manager roles.

Poor cleanliness Housekeeping is very poor, hair in bathroom and around sink. Shower tile grouting dirty and dirty spots. Room not available at 2pm check in. Got told "what would we like to do now?" Loud knocking in corridor from drunken guests between 01:00 and 04:00, no intervention from security or Duty Manager No tissues in room (box was empty) carper stained, elevator leading to 2nd floor not hoovered at all. Poor hotel for 4 star rating

A little luxury
    • Business Suite (3 Adults)

Parking ticket expired before we got out the carpark after checking out

Room was fantastic & the bed was big & comfortable. The breakfast was good & the coffe is very good

Great quality hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Check in line was quite long. Person doing check in was giving great service the a guest in front of the line, but should have been more aware of the other people waiting.

Like always a pleasant stay here, love a quick swim in the pool, good service and staff

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Air con was good.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Pool was closed for cleaning which ruined our stay a bit as only booked cause it had a pool. Rooms weren't as nice as pictures and a bit dated. Balcony was old and tiles on floor were loose.

Air con was good. Beds were comfy and actually had English tv channels which i havent experienced away before. Close to supermarkets and bars and about a 15 min walk to town.

Great stay in a great location!
    • Executive Double Room

This is not a big minus for our stay but something we hope they would improve on: Everything costs extra, we wanted to have a late check out (extended with 1 hour) and it would cost us 25€. The breakfast was also extra 22€ pr day a bit expensive for a rather small selection but on the positive side the service from the staff was great! . The pool was not heated, and due to the heat outside (30c) the air conditioning was not able to cool the room. A bit to hot even at night.

The hotel is really nice in a great location close to the longest restaurant, pubs and bar street in Netherlands. The bottle distillery and beer brewery is also right around the corner. Nice parks in the area. The bed and the duvets was great!! And we got a big corner room with a view that was simply fantastic. Would stay there again:)

Very expensive for such a uncomfortable bed and not very clean room.
    • Executive Double Room

Bed was extremely uncomfortable, so impossible to have a good rest. The room was not clean enough and the fridge/mini bar provided was very dirty. You could also see lots of dust in the TV when it was off and the room had a particularly unpleasant smell. It didn't feel confortable or clean and definitely it was no good value for money as the price per night was very expensive for what it really was.

The people at the front desk are really nice.

It is really nice hotel and the room was very clean and...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It is really nice hotel and the room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Fantastic breakfast gave me full energy for whole day. I can really recommend this hotel.

Position of the Hotel is very good.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The Hotel internal furnishing is old. The smell close to the restaurant is intensive and not good. Parking is very expensive.

Position of the Hotel is very good.

Good for my needs.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Bed was a bit firm for me and the sheet was not big enough. Consequently the sheet became untucked overnight and ricked up adding to the discomfort.

Great staff who were unconditionally helpful.

I spent 3 days and I am a usual customer who visits almost...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I spent 3 days and I am a usual customer who visits almost every 6 weeks and they didn’t give me a late check out... they allowed me half an hour only and they didn’t accept to give me 1 hour only if late check out!!! Not a usual treatment in other hotels specially when someone is a regular member

Only issue we had was I twiced asked the hotel to put the...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Only issue we had was I twiced asked the hotel to put the sauna on, advised if i went down 30 mins later it would be on and both times it wasn't. Everything else was great.

Nice ambience overall, spacious well designed room, swimming...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

In the streetside rooms you can hear the road traffic what can be disturbing. Breakfast quite expensive( can be though good quality have not tried).

Nice ambience overall, spacious well designed room, swimming pool with not too cold water, saunas. Only 5-10 minute walk to the city centre. Late checkout.

Great Location, and The staff was very nice and helpful.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Could be a bit cheaper, but I’m not complaining, everything was fine

Great Location, and The staff was very nice and helpful. The Room was comfortable and clean

Location,lovely place, nice perfume smell near the entrance,...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Terrible window view, the window does not open, shower is not closed, an employee was behaving weirdly with us.

Location,lovely place, nice perfume smell near the entrance, facilities, quietness, comfort, friendly helpful staff.

Overall positive. With some easy to fix mistakes. Not cheap.
    • Executive Double Room

Very hard bed, leaking water cooker, limited roomservice selection.

Friendly and attentive staff, good breakfast, clean room, swimming pool in house. Parking on the property.

Outdated, but still comfortable.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel looks very outdated, the climate control system did not work very well. Breakfast was very expensive.

The hotel has a lot of facilities and is kept very clean. Staff are friendly.

Not bad
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Didnt refill the coffee sachet, i used it! Didnt clean the coffee cup used!! Toothpaste and toothbrush not provided!

Staff very friendly and accomodating

Nice 2 days in Eindhoven
    • Executive Double Room

Water temperature in pool was a bit cold. I hope that there will be some small restaurant also in hotel, which is not Oriental.

Very nice hotel in perfect location, if you are traveling with family. Many shops and eating places around. The personal was super nice and helpful.

A good stay
    • Executive Double Room

The last night we stay in the hotel, our room wasn't being properly clean. The bed wasn't made and very messy.

Very warm receptionist. We really treated very well.

Friendly staff, 24h reception, nice pool and sauna.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Restaurants and breakfast is a bit pricey, so we went to one of the many restaurants in the city.

Friendly staff, 24h reception, nice pool and sauna. Parking place (although bit pricey) and in city center. Nice espresso machine in the room and small empty fridge to cool your own drinks.

Ignorant money grabbers

Poor communications from the hotel as ignored email advice that flights cancelled due to Siberian weather front (airports snowed in) and queried if it was possile to get a part refund at least. Only responded 2 days later after sending them a follow up mail. no consideration of unusual circumstances that made it impossible to travel.

Great value for money - lovely indoor pool
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room was a bit far from the entrance and facilities in what seems to be the older part of the hotel

The pool is great, perfect location for the centre of Eindhoven

Just a great relax in the center :)
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff was great, location is great. I was there for second time and I came back in Eindhoven specially for the hotel. Only the prices are a little bih high, but it worth it :)

Perfect location, unbelievable value for money.

Nothing Hotel was perfect

Beds were extremely comfortable. Television was amazing, hotel was spotlessly clean everywhere and the staff were exceptionally helpful.

Great break def do again
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Upgraded room as my birthday and brought us a little treat to room nice personal touches. Swimming pool and sauna decent breakfast and near bars shops and train and bus station perfect couple of nights break.

6.0
    Easy walking distance to the centre and Bergen area.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I didn't like the fact that they decided to charge me double for the room I booked. When checking in I queried the amount and was told it wasn't being debited then, rather it was blocking off that amount (room plus deposit) from my card until check out. Turns out it was debited then and I was charged £120 rather than the rate I booked at (around £65).

Easy walking distance to the centre and Bergen area. Comfy bed.

As always a superb stay, friendly people, clean, efficient run hotel, would highly recommend!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was spotlessly clean and had gels, soaps, shampoo's etc. Plus plenty of lovely soft towels, the only thing that isn't very good is that the shower is in the bath, and the bath has quite high sides, so climbing out when wet and slippery is quite difficult!

Friendly people, lovely clean and modern hotel, great that you have nespresso coffe machine in the room and also nice to have a wide screen tv, wifi was quick and never had any problems using it, also near to all the shops, bars and restaurants etc

Don't go in the pool!!!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We found little black worms in the pool, there were at least 10. Terrible unsanitary conditions. Not recommend to stay in this area if only to stay 1 night. Don't go in the pool!

Excellent hotel for a weekend getaway!

Nothing I can think of.

Clean and spacious rooms, friendly and helpful staff, excellent breakfast with lots of options, located near city center, on-site japanese and chinese restaurants.

Nice hotel, unfortunately no parking space.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The parking at the hotel was full, so we had to find another place. Meaning: we paid over 15€ extra for parking. The guy at the reception almost forced me to upgrade the room, while we would barely be there.

The room was exactly like the pictures. The shower was excellent, and the bed was comfortable. The hotel is right in the city center, which was perfect for the reason of our trip.

Totally unfriendly and disappointing.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We did not feel welcomed at all. Coming back at the hotel at night, everything was closed. We had to wait for a security guy to come. He checked our identities like we were at some middle east border or what. We were 4, had checked-in 2 double rooms. We wanted to host one more friend whose airbnb was cancelled , just for one night. There was plenty of place for him in the room. The guy refused him to enter !! We were not like drunk & noisy or something, we just wanted to go to bed and sleep, and give a friend a hand for the night. Then the hotel manager refused us to take our car out of the parking. They forced us pay additionnal 160 euros for a room for one night. I had never experienced such an unfriendly behaviour before. Not coming back.

Comfortable, relaxing stay in smart surroundings with helpful, friendly staff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Staff very helpful, great executive room, would use the pool and sauna next time, breakfast buffet good but expensive, turned up late on the first day as I hadn't adjusted the time but they were very understanding.

Friendly staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room was small, window could not be opened and airco was not working properly. Also limited space to store luggage. Parking was an unexpected EU 17.50 and upon departure bill could be produced do to failure IT system.

Friendly staff

Well situated hotel for a comfortable stay.
    • Executive Double Room

The lighting in the room was dreary, very grey and underlit. I had to put every light on to be able to see anything. Room colour scheme was grey, and lacked colour. I couldn't park at the hotel because the road was closed for the Eindhoven Marathon - but that should just be a one off event.

Really good size rooms with plenty of space, comfortable bed, friendly helpful staff and a good central location.

I have used the hotel quite often.
    • Executive Double Room

I have used the hotel quite often. It is perfectly situated for my needs, but this time it was much more expensive than usual and more than I would expect it to be.

It was until now the best hotel I've ever been.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It was until now the best hotel I've ever been. The room was highly qualitative and everything was new and clean and it had an air conditioner

I will be staying here again, I highly recommend this hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Check out at 12:00 on a Sunday can be busy but the staff are very efficient.

My sixth time in this hotel and the level of service just gets better. The staff remembered me which made my checkin even faster. Everything about this hotel is good. It is clean, comfortable and the staff make you very welcome.

Room is nice, location is abit whacky, travel needed for good eateries
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Location was kinda poop, not near that many good eateries. Pretty much had to use deliveroo all the time for food, ratings for restaurants are a lie (4.0/5 gave me food poisoning), no bath in my room.

Bought a superior room, bed was big and comfy, had 4 pillows+, toilet looked really nice and luxurious, big screen tv. Close to Jumbo (supermarket)

Nice business stop
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Quite difficult to reach due to roadworks in the neighborhood. Digital hotel information on television didn't work.

Very clean hotel with all facilities and a great staff with a little sense of perfection. Nice! Well designed and furbished oversize bedrooms. Japanese restaurant next door was perfect.

Best in town

Everything is perfect

Park Plaza Eindhoven is simply the market leader in Eindhoven. It is a great modern hotel with fantastic friendly staff and situated in the centre. Close to bars, restaurants and shops could not ask for a better stay! Keep up the good work and see you soon! 10/10!

I'd never ever go to this so called luxury hotel EVER AGAIN, NOR WOULD I RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The bedroom had previously had animals in it. I'm extremely allergic to cars and dogs and the room smelled of both. The room had fleas and I was bitten severely on both ankles. Breakfast was a total rip off at €33. I was disgusted at the price considering the flea discomfort I have endured since. DISGRACEFUL. I TRULY WOULD EXPECT SOME RECOMPENSE FOR WHAT I'VE ENDURED SINCE.

The room and facilities were very clean.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The bed is a bit short for tall people (it is only 200cm long), and not as comfortable as I have experienced in other 4 star hotels

The room and facilities were very clean. Breakfast was plentiful, the staff was very friendly, location with respect to the city center is great.

Perfect stay thanks to wonderful staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The view of one of the rooms was non-existent, we looked out onto a big wall.

We loved our stay in Park Plaza Eindhoven. The staff was super friendly. We celebrated our dad's birthday and also my parents jubilee and the staff made sure to congratulate them on the big day, even with a present in the room. Thank you so much Saternik and the other staff!!! The breakfast was also super good. Would definitely book here again!

On next business trip this hotel is clear choice for me.
    • Executive Double Room

Very comfortable hotel close to the down town and quite close to public transportation hub (10 minutes walking). As I stayed there second time, they remembered me and prepared small gift for me. It is exciting to be welcome this way. Thank you, Park Plaza

the hotel is very near to the city center, less than 5...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

the room was very small, on the way to/from it had to go through the stairs, up and down - with heavy suitcase. I couldn't open the windows in the room. Late check out (for only 2 hours late ) cast 40% of a night stay.

the hotel is very near to the city center, less than 5 min' walking, it is very clean and very well maintained, the staff are nice and very helpfull. the breakfast is sufficient but the rooms are very small.

Very good hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The sauna is not great. The door doesn't reach the floor and cold air comes in. So your feet are not getting warm. This is also true for the sauna as a whole, it is not hot enough. Also, it is right next to the pool and the echo is loud - you can hear every single movement of people in the pool and it is certainly not relaxing. Also, there was no bathtub plug in the bathroom of the room, so it wasn't possible to use it. I called reception and they kindly fixed it. I was offered a free minibar item for the inconvenience. The staff was overall very good.

Good bed, excellent staff, nice bathroom, big room. No wifi passwords, connecting is easy. Everything is well done in this hotel.

Location is within good walking distance of the city center
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The road contraction and now changed driving directions made it difficult to get to and it took some last minute changes to find the location

Location is within good walking distance of the city center

Suitable for business travellers
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I asked for a room with balcony , I got a room with tilting window.

The hotel is on walking distance from the city center , in a quit place. Many restaurants and super markets are very close.

A beautiful hotel with Great Staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It's a beautiful hotel and the room we stayed in was fantastic. On arrival the staff on duty were so friendly, helpful and just really pleasant. I can't remember the young ladies names but they were simply brilliant. A credit to the hotel. This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in with the most pleasant staff, in Eindhoven.

I had not spent a night in this hotel, since 4 years.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I had not spent a night in this hotel, since 4 years. Before 2013 I stayed there a lot. But upon arrival I received a very special attention and a handwritten welcome note from the manager.

motorbike touring.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

couldn't think of anything.

didn't have breakfast as moving on. it did have sercure car park we on a motorbike so it was safe. found this hotel very clean and modern. staff all very good.

Great Hotel close to everything of interest.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Got a €62 parking fine for failing to top up the meter on a Sunday morning at 9:30am. Parked on the street as it was much cheaper but ended up with this ticket. Hotel also authorised a large sum of money on my credit card (€500) when I arrived, almost double the room cost and I had already paid first night in advance. Money has been refunded now but took 48 hours so credit card was effectively useless for the weekend trip. This appeared to be a mistake and staff were completely up front on recognising the error. Liked the honesty :0) Would def go back again.

It's location to Eindhoven Centre is perfect. Less than a 2 minute walk to the city centre.

Lovely Hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The pool was suppose to be heated but instead it was cold. There was no milk in the room for tea making only cream for the coffee.

The hotel is in a good location. The room was nice and clean, the bed was comfy and the staff were helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Good Location & Comfy Bed
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Comfy bed and walking distance to the city centre, shops and restaurants. Friendly and helpful stuff. We were given a free city map and good security system to store luggage before check in time and after check out time.

An excellent place to stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The car park was full for the duration of our visit and we had to park elsewhere. However, this is a minor issue as there were plenty of places to park within easy walking distance and really it didn't matter.

Everything was fantastic! The staff were superb and ready to help with anything. The room was beautiful and extremely comfortable; because we'd had an upgrade, we even had a jacuzzi, which was fantastic! The breakfast buffet was great and there was everything there that we wanted and more! The bread was particularly tasty :-) Although we didn't have the chance to use it, the pool looked lovely and inviting...next time!

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Nice and pretty cozy place.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Cleaning in the room was a bit strange leaving a bed without bed covers once, removal of opened soap in the bathroom without providing a new one.

Nice and pretty cozy place. It's really quiet in there, breakfast is also good for that kind of place. Even thought the place is a bit off of the city center it takes less than 10 minutes to walk there so I would even consider this as plus.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

I will come back, but...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I got a very small room, and had to climb the stairs with my suitcase to the elevator. The window was just above the air-co compressors, which made noises, thus i had to keep my window closed all during the night to avoid the noises.

location, location, location... the hotel facilities were fine, the personnel were also ok, but on top of everything- the hotel location is great .. not far from the center (3-5 min' walk) , but not directly there. I will come again, but will ask for different room

Parking is an issue
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel runs a scam with their Car park, you pay 17.50 euros per day but you won't get a space. They sell more tickest than they have parking spaces available and they operate a first come first serve policy.

nothing really, you get what you pay for

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

4-STAR!! I THINK NOT! This place is FILTHY, with poorly laid out rooms and poor breakfast choices.
    • Executive Double Room

Oh dear, I have a long list! After room changes, we gave up because clearly we weren't going to find one that is clean! The layout was dreadful and totally pointless! The first upgrade room we looked at, apart from being dirty, had 2 TVs - one for the bedroom and the other by a sofa - but you couldn't watch it unless you rearranged the furniture! The second room only had 1 TV, facing the bed - so there was a sofa and 2 chairs with no reason for it being there, other than to fill up space! The quilt was a standard double bed size and the cover King size, so I had very little to keep me warm. The heating never reached a comfortable level and I was very cold in the night; fortunately there was a dressing gown to use as a cover. There were no drawers and the wardrobe & shelf unit were cheap quality and had insufficient space for 2 people. There was no trouser press, but instead a dirty ironing board and iron!! There was only 1 light switch for the whole room, so you couldn't get up without disturbing the other person - I wanted a cuppa in the morning, without waking hubby, but had to use a table lamp and balance it by the kettle (stored on one of the clothing shelves) remembering not to walk through the stretched cable. The bathroom was just DREADFUL: the shower soaks the floor, making it slippery and dangerous; there was either no extractor or a poor one, so forget trying to use the mirror! The only way to clear it was to use the hairdryer - if you dare, because I don't believe it had an electrically-safe socket. There was NOWHERE TO HANG ANYTHING - except for one hook OVER THE TOILET. There was a towel rail IN the shower, so if you want a dry towel, forget it! I thought all of Europe had the same NO SMOKING rules: well, this hotel doesn't appear to honour them, as they had a glass room for smokers to stink out the area in front of the elevator, so you choked while you waited.

The reception staff were lovely.

Browse Park Plaza Eindhoven traveller photo gallery