Reviews of Hotel Marinapark Volendam

De Pieterman 1, 1131 PW Volendam, Netherlands

#4 of 10 hotels in Volendam

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Great place for family as lots of activities for children.

Facilities and services are not clearly listed. Staff at reception were unclear about the list of facilities or instructions on how to use them as well.

There was not an actual hotel restaurant for room service as such but there are a lot of other restaurants within the hotel vicinity that have great food!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

We've had an incredibly fun and relaxed stay!

The breakfast at the hotel was a bit too expensive for our liking, which made us decide to have our breakfast elsewhere.

Nice, clean hotel with a friendly staff. Our room was very cosy and smelled really nice. The location of the hotel is excellent. There's a bus stop and a big parking lot right in front of the hotel so it's easily accessible. Volendam centre and the pier are just a 5 minute walk away and there's a lot of nice walking routes. We've had an incredibly fun and relaxed stay!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Hotelier was very kindness .

Just Without Aircodition and electronic pots of coffee.

Hotelier was very kindness . Clean,large size of rooms,parking,location... everything fine

The housekeepers took my swimming suit for accident (I...

The housekeepers took my swimming suit for accident (I really want to think that way) but never appear. In the reception they were nice but not resolutive at all. I couldn't enjoy the swimming pool the second day because of that. There was no point to be hosted in Volendam if you can not swim,,

brilliant

Good location to walk into the old town, spacious room with terrace, a lot of amenities we didn't use (shortage of time), supermarket connected to the hotel is brilliant, parking facilities available

Big and clean room.

The room is very hot, the hairdrier is not present in the room and you have to have it from reception. The breakfast is not included in the room price, but the room prices are pretty high. Check-in time is too late (15:00), and check-out time is too early (10:00).

Big and clean room.

So glad we found marinapark, it was a fantastic place.

I would suggest a mini fridge for water, milk etc in the room.

The bed was amazingly comfortable, the staff very friendly and helpful. The location was great with a bus service into Amsterdam and walking distance from Volendam and Edam. The pool is an added bonus and very clean as was the whole property. I would recommend and return, a great place.

Lovely peaceful hotel in scenic location.

My only negative comment was, my pillow wasn’t quite to my liking- a bit lumpy and square but this is all I can find to complain about- it was generally lovely and the bed was perfect.

Beautiful location- easy to get into Amsterdam by bus (half hour journey) in peaceful scenic surroundings by a yacht marina. Comfy, well appointed room - ours had an outside area with seating. A peaceful retreat after the bustle of the city!

big clean room, very comfortable bathroom, coffee-making...

Stupid administrators, deposit for hairdryer. One big bed made from two separate - in the result you falling down between the mattresses because they are moving in different directions.

big clean room, very comfortable bathroom, coffee-making facilities

Every coin has two sides

To pay almost 28 EUR for breakfast for two persons is very expensive. No possibility to lock the bikes inside the hotel. The bed mattress was very soft so the sleeping comfort was rather low for me, luckily we were staying for only one night.

To have a supermarket located directly in the property is rather rare. Hotel location is good, close to downtown with many dining options. Access to the free-of-charge parking lot using the room key card directly after check in, even though the room was not ready. Many cycling routes nearby.

Very comfortable and nice hotel, I would recommend it also to families

The wifi was very good at all spots. The room was cleaned every day and we had fresh towels and sheets also changed every day. The staff in reception very helpful and friendly. Very quiet and beautiful area.

The room was spacious and comfortable. A small bar fridge in the room would be a good addition.

Good location, and an easy walk to the waterfront tourist area and restaurants.

Ok but could have been better.

the lack of an area in the reception where guests can sit and relax. Also I had difficulty in booking our latest stay. My friend and I wanted single rooms but ended up staying in twin rooms each and paying unnecessary expense for this because there was not reliable communication with Roompot at time of booking online. Disappointing and expensive!

Last year I stayed with my daughter & small grandson & thought the breakfast was very poor value for money. This visit my friend and I had breakfast outside. As a family park, you should make your breakfasts more value for money AND INCLUDE FRUIT AND CEREAL AT THE VERY LEAST.

Interior of the room was great, bathroom spacious, beds...

was a bit cold in room, however after changing the heater settings it became better. we lived on a first floor with huge glass window-doors leading to the terrace, where a lot of other people were walking. since it was the only window in the room, had to keep it closed with curtains while changing etc. Not very nice feeling not to see daylight

Interior of the room was great, bathroom spacious, beds comfortable. bus stop to go to Amsterdam is just opposite the street. Local restaurants on the embankment are 7 mins walk Free parking for all stay is a nice add

Good price/performance balance

Reception was closed when we arrive (after 5pm). We waited a bit in front of the door. Checkin time is late and checkout time is early. Disposable slippers would be nice.

Very close to Volendam center. Free car parking. Big room, big bath and bath tube. Tv and music device.

Spacious, clean and quite comfortable room and bathroom,...

Staff - I booked this Hotel for me and group of my 6 co-workers for 3 nights. I specified time of arrival as 8-9 p.m. and received confirmation. Upon arrival at around 8 p.m it occurred that reception is closed. We were trying to call on hotel phone number (also via intercom at the entrance) many times and for some reason were always ignored after specifying our reservation reference no and names, being informed shortly that such reservation does not exist. Finally after intervention from booking.com (where we complained via customer service) night guard (very nice person b.t.w - best regards!) was sent to give us keys. The problem is that this was aprox. at 11 p.m., so we ended up staying outside in very cold and wet weather for 3 hours. In the meantime I was on the phone with property manager/owner (?) and when this lady realized that we arrived to work, she informed me (not in the pleasant way) that she is not accepting business travelers in her property, so she expect us to empty all rooms by 10 next morning. The situation next morning has changed (probably booking.com contributed), we were offered free breakfast and they let us stay for the next 2 nights, however never been apologized for that situation. The only condition to accept our further stay was payment in advance, reduction of reservation period was impossible even with 2 days notice....etc.. In general, despite the hotel is quite comfortable, nicely situated right at the coast, I would highly advise against this place, especially if you are not coming for leisure.

Spacious, clean and quite comfortable room and bathroom, comfortable beds, quiet surrounding

Bike ride from Amsterdam to Volendam, with reward of the big bath at the end.

Reception and pool closing early. If something happened to the key card would have had an issue getting into the property.

The roof terrace with table and chairs. Was an excellent view. Also, the room was large and spacious with an excellent large bath tub. The pool looked very inviting. And the location was very central.

we enjoyed our stay, I recommend

communication with reception only by intercom was a little confusing but without bigger problems

kettle and tea in room, very good location near city centre, free parking on big private parking lot was great, nice marina , perfect outside area

Rude service

There is NOBODY of the staff after 5pm in the hotel. It's just dead place in the evening. Swimming pool is closed at 5pm as well. No information in English on the web page of hotel nor in the information brochure in the room. I had an unpleasant situation during my stay. I went for breakfast on the first morning. It appeared that breakfast was not included in price and I didn't have it booked (reservation was made by my office, not me personally). I was requested to stop my breakfast immediately, go to the room (to take wallet) and pay before I could continue. Well, in civilized places you can eat for entire stay putting all bills on the room account, pay them on departure and nobody makes a problem if it. I would understand if I was asked to pay just after I finish. But not: "you have to pay before you continue eating". Well, maybe I look like a thief, who knows... This was my first and definitely the last stay in that place. BTW, breakfast was rather poor (now warm meals like scrambled eggs, etc.)

Spacious room. Comfortable bathroom. Parking place available nearby hotel.

Not a good location if you travel by bus.

It is a long way from the bus stop. There weren’t bikes available for renting and staff didn’t know where we can get ones in town. Internet wasn’t working.

Staff was very friendly and the food offered on breaksfast was good for 10 euros. Big rooms and nice bathroom.

Considering the 20 Euro charge per person for breakfast each...

Considering the 20 Euro charge per person for breakfast each day, I think there could have been more variety. The only fruit available at breakfast was apples, and no muesli was available. For the pricey cost of breakfast, I would have expected more choice.

Nice, would recommend it!

The swimming pool is really small and not very clean. The breakfast is decent, but nothing special. For that price you can probably find a better deal at some bar in the center.

Very good location, rooms are cozy and clean. Parking is free.

Good location, large but unattractive room.

It felt a bit like a retirement home in decor and finishing. The bathroom was very basic. No window can be opened (you will need to open the doors opening to the courtyard, which was a large tiled area (no plants/ furnishing). The lights in the room were practical, but not very attractive. All in all oke room but quite expensive for what you get.

Location was good, right next to the old centre of Volendam. Room was spacious and noise proof.

Would recommend this hotel to our friends

Not very quite at night.

Plenty of choice for breakfast. Comfy bed. Tea & coffee in room. Shop on site. Easy walk to the lovely town. Buses to Amsterdam five minutes walk away.

Volendam - like Whitby without the cliffs.

Curious half height wardrobe so clothes trailed on the bottom of it - only three hangers anyway. A fridge would have been useful. No hot food items available for breakfast, not even a toaster. The hottest thing was a boiled egg. Croissants and coffee nice though. No nearby buses at weekends - the nearest is about a kilometre away.

Nice big room, quiet location near to local buses. The hotel is a central point for people involved with boating and the Marina although we were not. There is a very useful little supermarket in the hotel which was able to supply some essentials and additional treats plus the all important milk for tea. The town of Volendam - a short walk away - is lovely and has many bars and restaurants on the waterfront. There is a delightful ferry across the bay to very olde worlde Marken. The local buses, which always ran to time, are an ideal way to travel around and see the Waterland places of interest - Hoorn, Edam, Monnickendam - or to visit the city of Amsterdam. Invest in a Waterland bus pass or an OV-Chipkaart. Also worth a visit is the Hoorn/Medemblik steam train (Museum Stoomtram)

Nice

We found utilities in the bathroom not user friendly like NO rails to hang towels or soap holder .....maybe simple complaint but for a traveler long on the road inconvenience the towels was daily crispy clean replaced thank you kindly

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Good location for Edam

Reception closes at 5.00pm, which wasn't made clear on booking.

Excellent location for cyclists visiting Edam. Good parking then cycle along coast road. Rooms large, comfortable, well equipped.

Very nice location, beautifull small town with a lot of...

Reception working hours - difficult contact atfer 5 pm; no refrigerator in the room; a small coffe table could be helpful; swimming pool not available in the evening

Very nice location, beautifull small town with a lot of restaurants/caffes with the view on marina; big room; well-stocked shop in the hotel

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

Comfortable hotel well located

Check out time had changed (New Years day) but we were not informed until our departure.

Spacious comfortable rooms, easy check in and out, friendly staff. Hotel perfectly located for exploration of the town. Would come again...in summer next time!

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Recommended hotel near volendam centrum

Breakfast is expensive

Big room, clean, the view from the balcony is beautiful. Parking is free. We can just walk to volendam centrum and left our car here

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Staff friendly .

Room had a "cold" feel...although clean and well appointed.....

Staff friendly .....grocery store on site great...

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

we liked the room because it was bigger than we thought

the open inside where the breakfeast was

we liked the room because it was bigger than we thought

pool opening hours are very limited and practically are...

pool opening hours are very limited and practically are unusable for business travel.

awesome hotel

friendly staff excellent location

The best place for families in Volendam

The best place for families in Volendam. Swimming pool, beach, not far from city centre, restaurants, kids club, bike rental,...

Close to everywhere in volendam

Close to everywhere in volendam

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

This is a well placed clean basic type of hotel which caters...

Bigger beds

This is a well placed clean basic type of hotel which caters for young and old alike.

Good value for money and great location.

we Did not have a little refrigerator in our room.

We liked the location being within walking distance to everything.

nice place

nice place to stay with kids

Hotel was great but for breakfast it's best to buy your own food.

The optional breakfast was very over-priced. Considering the limited choice of breakfast foods offered, I think the price was hugely excessive.

Location is awesome!

No air conditioning!

Location is awesome!

Pleasant

Wifi continually dropped out

Proximity to city centre and marina

No Air conditioning in rooms

Proximity to city centre and marina Big rooms

Only words of praise Greetings

It's not necessary

Only words of praise Greetings

We loved the hotel and the town.

We loved the rooms, which were very nicely decorated. We also thought the breakfast was fantastic.

4.0
    The room was very small,

The room was very small, Breakfast was good

Very clean and quiet room

Car park welldon

Beds not comfortable

Car park welldon

the location

the bed was the worst I met

the location

Comfortable for an overnight stay, good value for money

Cleanliness...... Extra pillow..only one extra provided

Good bed, spacious rooms, fluffy towels

Recipient close at 5pm

De ligging is perfect.

De ligging is perfect. Ruime en schone kamer.

Nice family hotel

no one at check in so you have to call a hotline and waited about 10-15 minutes

The reception and the pool are closed after 17:00 which are...

The reception and the pool are closed after 17:00 which are not announced on the page.

The room was really spacious and staff was very helpful.

The room was really spacious and staff was very helpful.

Choice

Public transportation wasn't running so had to catch a cab.

Beutiful views of volderdam. Room was nice size and staff very helpful.

Excellent location. Very friendly helpfull staff

Short walk to the centre. Bus stop right outside hotel for going further afield

Excellent location & very friendly staff

Proximity to great fish restaurants in town.

Not too close to other attractions. A little bit further to drive.

Proximity to great fish restaurants in town.

The best hotel I've ever stayed in & will return

Magnificent I am 100% content!

Superb location.Great friendly staff .Easy drive to Amsterdam . Very tasty and cosy restaurants in a few minutes walk!

The bed was very good

The bed was very good

Great location. Very clean. Excellent friendly staff.

Good

The Room was not very clean and when they go to clean the never take out the garbage for example empty bottles !

Lovely facilities and people were very nice 👍

Lovely facilities and people were very nice 👍

Nice place in Volendam

Great place close to Volendam

Weekend away

When I got there room smelt of smoke even though it was non smoking

People were very friendly and polite

Good atmosphere

Ventilation

Reception

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Clean and very nice place.

A bit far from the city

Clean and very nice place.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Fantastic Location, Rooms and Views from the room

Location, Room and View

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Peaceful and Friendly Staff

I like the location, the supermarket which is connected to the hotel, and the tranquility.

invest your money in a real hotel

ruined NY

nothing. Waited all day the room get cleaned.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Superb value

The whirl pool could be a lot warmer.

Staff at the hotel reception were extremely helpful, most friendly, attentive and courteous.

There are also 28 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Marinapark Volendam traveller photo gallery