Reviews of Mercure Hotel Nijmegen Centre This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Stationsplein 29, 6512 AB Nijmegen, Netherlands

#20 of 35 hotels in Nijmegen

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

It was a good choice for our short stay in Nijmegan

NA

The location was very convenient, being near the train station, and yet it was very quiet. The meals we had there ere very good. It was an easy walk to the sights.

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Very comfy location, next to the station and at the same...
    • Standard Twin Room

Very comfy location, next to the station and at the same time walking distance to the centre, perfect if you are visiting the annual rock fest. Spacious room, a very comfortable bed. We asked for extra bed and the Hotel confirmed the request immediately. Highly recommended!

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

High quality stay in a great location

Excellent , quiet, comfortable room. Clean throughout and the cleaning team seem to be very conscientious . I expect a room to be clean but they seemed to find little ways to go the extra mile . All staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful . Facilities you need are all there and its in a perfect location right next to the station .

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

We would stay at this hotel again. Just loved it.

There was nothing at all we didn't like about this hotel.

From the moment we arrived this hotel was great. The position was an easy walk in to the centrum, or to buses. The train station was next door but we never heard a sound.

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

Perfect
    • Standard Twin Room

Everything was at high level, very clean and comfortable. I also ordered a room with two beds, but we got a one with king size bed. But stuff worked really professional and changed the room even taking in consideration the fact that hotel was nearly fully packed. Also perfect breakfast for money. Convinient for those who travel by car, parking is 15 metres away form the entrance.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Brilliant, but not impressed with the format of this review.
    • Standard Single Room

This review , especially the platitudes at the end of each question: far too familiar!

I've already filled in a review for the hotel itself. Can't understand why I'm having to do two!

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

Comfortable and pleasant

Breakfast on Friday morning was invaded by two coach-loads of tourists so staff were under real pressure to clear tables for other guests and replenish the food. In the circumstances they did quite well but it was nevertheless a bit dispiriting to arrive and see the mess everywhere because of a lack of staff to cope.

Very friendly staff: the night porter even remembered me from 19 years ago....and I also remembered him.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

great for business, clean efficient and right next to the train station.
    • Standard Single Room

excellent location right next to the train and clean, great for business, I would stay there again. They kept my luggage during my business stay and even would let me use the spa to change before taking the train to the airport. awesome just what the traveler needs!

• Reviewed: April 12, 2018

The staff were very friendly and accommodating and that is...
    • Standard Twin Room

I didn’t like that there wasn’t any electric adaptor to borrow - I had to buy!

The staff were very friendly and accommodating and that is something we all look forward too after being so tired from travelling. I like that there were apples and oranges for free! And the croissants and breads were pretty good! I like that they offer 5 euros for not having your room serviced.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Lovely hotel, short walk to the city centre, would stay again

We did not have breakfast as it was a bit expensive and the train station was next door with a bakery stocked with pastries, fruit and juices. A quick run into the station and the children had breakfast in bed. Tea and coffee in the room and free nespresso in the reception so all was good.

The rooms were lovely and bright with a nice view of the train lines but no noise whatsoever .. The curtains were completely blackout so we were not woken at sunrise. We had connecting rooms as we had two children with us.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Great staying experience

Nothing in particular.

Only 20 steps away from the Central Station (really close!) With nice breakfast and comfortable room. We had our room upgraded and it was worth it.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

Apart from the noise very comfortable.

There was a lot of noise in one of the rooms next to us and at first we thought that our room was next to the gym and someone was on the treadmill or thumping a ball... But the noise stopped shortly before 10 pm.

The extra apples to take. Breakfast was delicious.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

Rooms very silent, 1min to the station (although not in the...

WiFi was working but kept disconnecting after a while

Rooms very silent, 1min to the station (although not in the same building), close to centre, breakfast great and varied, everything very clean, I'd stay again!

• Reviewed: March 18, 2018

The purpose of my stay was to deal with a family bereavement and the hotel lightened my thoughts at
    • Standard Single Room

All aspects of my stay. The hotel prides itself on offering a very high level of service. The restaurant was excellent - breakfast was beautifully presented . Would definitely stay there in future.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2018

Pleasant and convenient
    • Standard Twin Room

The heater turns off when you leave the room so after being out for five hours and 0 degrees outside, the room took a while to warm up.

The bed was so very soft

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

We will stay there again the next time in Nijmegen, but I miss having a bathtub.

no bathtub

At check out we had a woman named Kim. Mercure, you need to find more Kim's. She was bouncy, friendly, interested, helpful, everything you want your reception people to be. Take Kim out of the reception, and give her a job teaching other people what they should be doing. Kim is a winner.

• Reviewed: January 16, 2018

Good location and easy walk to the city center

The items provided for the breakfast was limited. However, I mostly experiencing the same limited items provided for breakfast in hotels in most european hotels, compared to hotels in Asia or Austrailia. I think that's the term continental breakfast come from.

The location of the hotel plus the size of the room is adequate

• Reviewed: January 6, 2018

Enjoyable hotel, would stay again

Train station at rear could be a problem for light sleepers, we asked for a room at the side and it was very quiet. Nice barman but a bit too persuasive on trying the local gin which we didn't actually like as much as our usual.

Good location and 5 minute walk to town. Easy parking although not free, €9.50 per day Very friendly staff Nice modern hotel

• Reviewed: December 19, 2017

A decent place with nice clean rooms.
    • Standard Twin Room

A decent place with nice clean rooms. Normally i would rate it 8.5 or something. Why a 10? The breakfast. A nice selection is fine, but the staff scores a ten. A busy place with only two ladies. One keeps the place tidy and cleans the tables, so it looks inviting all the time. The lady that takes care of the buffet is a gem. Everything is replenished, so the buffet looks inviting all the time. Plus a friendly smile. Excellent! Accor must be proud!

• Reviewed: December 16, 2017

Fine, just the usual minor issues.

The bluntness and lack of attention to detail of many of the staff was only real detractor. But I was there for a while.

The location, cleanliness, standard of facility, size and comfort of the room. Heating. The older gentleman who works the night shift on reception.

• Reviewed: December 10, 2017

Very disappointing

hotel is advertised as having a gym, but there is only 1 cross trainer and you have to book! This is misleading and not what i expect of a hotel charging the rates it does. Evening dinner - Poor. My starter did not arrive and I just got main course. No offer of a free drink as an apology.

location is ideal

• Reviewed: November 5, 2017

Ok
    • Standard Twin Room

Had trouble with key card in lift not sure a card is good idea to run a lift little scary when there’s a problem and had to go back to desk then could not get in to room lady in next room used her card for me to get down in lift and sort out key again .

Starff very good at the desk at 1 .30am as I was feeling a little poorly as I’m diabetic they gave me some bread when I asked and a cup of tea also sat and talked with me, made sure I was sure that I was ok before I went up to bed.

• Reviewed: October 16, 2017

Outstanding! I would stay here again, and again.

I couldn't stay longer.

It's right next to the train/bus station and is an easy walk to downtown. Staff is very friendly and helpful and the breakfast was excellent. Room was clean and bright and the bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: October 11, 2017

Conveniently located hotel, clean, modern, all you need.

The rooms were comfortable and modern. Located 2 minutes from the train station which was perfect for my stay. Breakfast was good, and also started from 6am.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2017

For a two nights stay this hotel was comfortable enough.
    • Standard Twin Room

The beds weren't comfy, I felt the springs of the bed. Airco wasn't easy to use, but we have windows, which we can open to regulate the temperature. No password for the wifi connection.

I loved the fridge with a transparant door. I could see what is in the fridge instead without opening it first. The wifi had a good connection and the bathroom was clean. Amazing view from the 16th floor.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2017

A fabulous hotel in the heart of the city.

This hotel is located next to the central rain station, in the heart of Nijmegen. Park your car and walk everywhere. The hotel is absolutely lovely. A free coffee machine for our use in the lobby. Coffee (instant) in every room. Fully equipped bathroom. Quiet. Comfy beds. 2 chairs and a desk as well.

• Reviewed: September 5, 2017

The hotel was very clean.
    • Standard Single Room

There's nothing that bothers me

The hotel was very clean. The staff was very friendly and helped me with all of my questions / problems. Breakfast was very extended and plenty. I will surely come back to this hotel

• Reviewed: August 27, 2017

Great location, all the necessities

Right next to the central railway and bus station and only a 10-15 minute walk to the centre the hotel is very conveniently located if you are going carless. Rooms was smallish but with all the necessities including a desktop and good chair to get a bit of work done. Staff was friendly and efficient.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2017

Fantastic stay!

Bathroom fairly small but functional - great shower and toiletries provided.

Staff fantastically friendly, welcoming and very helpful - spoke excellent English. Room spotless on arrival and cleaned beautifully every day. Blackout curtains, safe, mini fridge, and windows that opened to allow a breeze in all a bonus.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2017

Cycle Trio

For some reason my Visa card wasn't accepted when pre-booking (for no apparent reason)

Location perfect for cyclists coming from the north, and next to the train station. Holds a cycle shed for overnight safety.

• Reviewed: July 19, 2017

Fabulous stay in Nijmegen
    • Standard Twin Room

Paying for parking. Shame it's not included in cost of room.

Comfortable clean modern room. Large tv.Great shower room. Free coffee. Helpful and friendly staff. Great location.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2017

Poor Mattrass
    • Standard Twin Room

The mattrass was BAD HORRIBLE. EXTREMELY HARD!!!! Reminded me the 1970's. Not meeting the standards of other big chains and many B&B's. Example like: Hilton, Pullman, Eden Crowns, etc I wished they spent their money in providing MUCH better mattrasses. I went back home with muscles and nerves issues. (back and neck). Had to go to a doctor.

The staff gets a 10/10. The rooms vere refurbished. Bar is very nice.

• Reviewed: June 15, 2017

Almost Perfect

The hotel restaurant. But, fortunately, there is a very nice restaurant/bar just across the street called "Eetcafé De Serre" that I strongly recommend!

The hotel is in front of Nijmegen central train station, very clean, comfortable and quiet for a good sleep.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2017

Clean with friendly staff and central.

They took pre check in payment. The stat should of cost £301 as per our booking but they took £458 which they said it was in case we had breakfast which we didn't book and didn't have they also said they take a further 10% when we left our bill was £323 which included the city tax. We are still waiting for the extra money to be refunded to our account. We booked 3 rooms as we were travelling with family and friend and this also happened to them!!

Clean with friendly staff and central.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2017

A very nice Dutch city
    • Standard Single Room

Only a minor issue, but you will need to walk into town.

The hotel is adjacent to the railway station, hence very easy to access. Taxis are plentiful and extremely well miantained. Who could possibly complain when taken for a ride in a Mercedes Benz!!! Staff are very helpful

• Reviewed: May 25, 2017

Property was conveniently located and typical of the high...

Property was conveniently located and typical of the high standards of a Mercure Hotel Staff were very helpful and friendly. Enjoyed our stay very much

• Reviewed: May 9, 2017

Pleasant stay !

even though we called the person for help, heater was kept broken inside the bathroom.

Convenient location, clean, friendly staff, and affordable price! Staff provided us a non-smoking room as a reaction to our personal request.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2017

Great location, pricey breakfast though

Was charged an exorbitant price of 20.68 EUR for extra breakfast that the staff did not inform beforehand. I wouldn't have ordered the extra breakfast and would have gone down for the buffet instead if I knew I would be charged 20.68 EUR more (even though I wanted to save time by eating in the room, which is a free service they provide). The worst part was that the double serving that I ordered was almost exactly the same amount as for one serving (that I ordered the day before). They just divided it into two smaller portions (one big bowl of fruit = two small bowls of fruits). That was kinda lame. Both servings are worth about 10 EUR in total so it was really expensive. I would have expected their staff to inform me about the additional charge when they served the food up.

Best location ever. Free breakfast-to-door delivery provided.

• Reviewed: April 26, 2017

Business hotel next to station.
    • Standard Single Room

Bed on wheels kept sliding away from the wall and the pillow dropped down several times. Frustrating!

Great staff. Good local beer selection at the bar.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2017

The receptionist was very helpful in changing the rooms that...

The fact that we had booked through booking.com as we have done many times before but .com had booked two out of the four rooms we booked incorrectly. Even though they had sent us the correct confirmation.

The receptionist was very helpful in changing the rooms that Booking.com had booked as we required two twin rooms but .com had only book single rooms.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2017

Professional and courteous hotel staff, based in a great location
    • Standard Twin Room

The door and lift key cards were problematic, failing to work twice. The breakfast buffet was very nice but a little pricey at €18:50 pp.

Great location, comfortable, welcoming and polite staff consistently. Breakfast buffet was varied, fresh and delicious. The sauna was small but sufficient.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2017

Convenient location.
    • Standard Single Room

Some noise from trains, but ear-plugs supplied.

Friendly welcoming staff who spoke perfect English. Modern, clean, comfortable room and en suite. Convenient location next door to central station. Easy access to buses. Pleasant walk to central area and tourist attractions.

• Reviewed: February 13, 2017

Pleasant days in the historical nice city Nijmegen, NL

Breakfast items found to be less than expected so there was no much choices. also, as I'm a smoker so non-smoking rooms/facilities were not comfortable.

The significant generosity of hotel staff was much appreciated.

• Reviewed: January 27, 2017

Family stay in a supercomfort hotel in Nijmegen

Nothing really to complain

-Staff behavior (very polite and super friendly). -Very good quality breakfast (lots of variety) -Time of breakfast was also very convenient

• Reviewed: January 14, 2017

I wouldn't give 4 stars
    • Standard Single Room

lack of real butter during the breakfast! - not everyone eat sun flower margarine....., bathroom was horrible, pipes visible, uncomfortable shower, small, tiny room, currently constructions works on upper floors, noisy because of trains (but that was a price for convinient location)

staff excellent, nice breakfast in general, they were super nice and helpfull

• Reviewed: January 3, 2017

Great staff, great breakfast - Zero Dutch charm.

No charm in this place, just like any Mercure/Ibis/Novotel etc... If you really want to experience Nijmegen any other hotel than this one will give you much more of the authentic dutch architecture and historic feel.

Fantastic breakfast, great amenities overall. Perfect if you use the train/busses a lot , since this is at the railway station. This is kind of a typical sterile American style hotel, not a fun place for holiday, but great for a guy like me who just needs a clean room , fast wifi, and good breakfast. Dont got here on holiday and stay away with kids here, theres nothing for them here. Staff was very kind.

• Reviewed: December 24, 2016

Another pleasant and functional stay surrounded by very attentive and helpful staff ...

Quality of some of the dishes served in the associated restaurant.

See above very appreciative ratings of the staff , the room comfort, the location , etc.!

• Reviewed: October 25, 2016

AMAZING HOTEL!!

I loved everything very friendly staff always looking to help when they could, lovely location and very handy right beside the train and bus station, rooms were very clean and the food was great in the hotel also

• Reviewed: October 7, 2016

Would stay again
    • Standard Twin Room

Quite basic considering the price (style/furniture/decor). Rooms on the lower floors might be a little noisy. 6th floor was fine. We did not have breakfast since we felt 18€ was too expensive.

Very close to the train station. In walking distance of the city centre. Fridge and kettle in the rooms. Comfy beds. Staff at reception was very friendly. Private car park right next to the hotel for 9,50€ per day, very handy.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2016

Great location next to train station as I had an early...
    • Standard Single Room

Great location next to train station as I had an early morning train departure. Very helpful front desk staff. When I asked about an alternative to the expensive hotel breakfast the front desk agent directed me to an excellent bakery that was not a tourist destination.

• Reviewed: September 6, 2016

Good efficient hotel, friendly service
    • Standard Twin Room

Only minor issue was the offer of Free bicycle hire I selected at time of booking was not honoured on arrival as receptionist said it was not free but was at least offered discount for breakfast.

Location very near train station Staff friendly and efficient Room comfortable and clean Good choice for breakfast offered with small discount on arrival.

• Reviewed: August 30, 2016

Wonderful stay in a welcoming city.

I was missing having a swimming pool. After a long day of work, it'd be great to go for a swim.

Location, breakfasts, staff. Staff are fantastic! Dinner was very good.

• Reviewed: August 16, 2016

twin beds are not couple-friendly

a double room should have a double bed, not two twin beds next to each other which separate while you're in them. :( or at least a choice. who wants a night away in a hotel then wants to sleep apart?

friendly staff

• Reviewed: August 14, 2016

The stuff were very polite and welcoming.
    • Standard Single Room

The temperature of the water of the shower kept changing.

The stuff were very polite and welcoming. The bed was extremely comfortable and everything was clean and with great presentation.

• Reviewed: August 11, 2016

A convenient and comfortable place to stay.

Breakfast and parking were paid - but you could purchase a discounted rate at check in which was good. Breakfast was ok, but could be improved.

Friendly, welcoming service Great location Comfortable bed Good, free wifi connection

• Reviewed: July 19, 2016

Great place to stay!

There could have been more tea and milk with the tea and coffee making facilities.

Everything about the place was excellent- the location, the staff, the cleanliness.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

Brilliant
    • Standard Twin Room

Every thing about the hotel was first class.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

• Reviewed: July 6, 2018

Great , will definitely stay again

Lovely size room which was immaculately clean and friendly helpful staff

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

The should have more choices

The should have more choices

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

Everything was very nice.

Everything was very nice.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

Thanks to the reception for an early check in

Thanks to the reception for an early check in

• Reviewed: June 12, 2018

it is not bad - i would rather say it is good - however...

it is not bad - i would rather say it is good - however expensive

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

Averall my stay was excellent

Minibar fridge in room

Reception service; Hotel location (close to the bus and train station

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

All around nice place

The staff was super friendly. The room was small but met all expectations. The bed was big and comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

excellent

staff excellent.nothing too much. breakfast, bar excellent.excellent overall.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

Good . Back again

Nil

Clean very good service and close to trains

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Perfect location for a short stop to enjoy the city and thr Sanadome!

Staff was very nice and gave us immidiately discount for breakfast. Bathroom was too small but new clean

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

They have A/C for those hot summer days !
    • Standard Twin Room

They have A/C for those hot summer days !

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

splendid

no heishas of long form to fill in

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Clean hotel, ideal location for travellers.

Nice and light, clean hotel. Lovely staff and nice bar/restaurant.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

Had a amazing weekend

All good

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

Perfect location!
    • Standard Twin Room

Perfect location!! Next to the train station!! 10 min walking to the city center. Staff are the nicest ppl ever.

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

location, comfortable bed

location, comfortable bed

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Fantastic hotel, friendly staff and great location.

Great hotel and very friendly staff. This is our fourth trip and every time has been excellent.