Reviews of Golden Tulip Noordwijk Beach 4 stars

Koningin Wilhelmina Boulevard 8, 2202 GS Noordwijk aan Zee, Netherlands

#21 of 23 hotels in Noordwijk aan Zee

Reasonable place to stay

The double beds were two single beds next to each other, which we don’t like at all. The rooms aren’t noise isolated, lots of noise from other rooms in the hotel If you use the shower, you can count on it that the whole bathroom is wet, no curtain or door to stop the water Hotel Breakfast is overly expensive

The location is just great, nearly on the beach! The showers are nicely refurbished Lobby and cleaning staff were very friendly and helpful

Arrived with around 10 colleagues and the check-in process...
    • Standard Single Room

Arrived with around 10 colleagues and the check-in process took half an hour. We were given vouchers for complimentary drinks, but the bar was unstaffed. By the time reception found someone to tend the bar, it was anyway time to go for dinner. Breakfast was very poor considering it cost 16.50 euros. Although there was plenty of choice, the quality of many items (especially anything cooked) was terrible.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

We were staying in one of the newly refurbished rooms on the...
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

The car parking is not on site, but it's not far away and seems secure.

We were staying in one of the newly refurbished rooms on the third floor. These are really great!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Overpriced - feeling of having overpaid and could have chosen another place.
    • Family Room with Sea View

The hotel needs a massive overhaul. Tiles are loose on the balcony. Furniture and bathroom run down. Definitely not again.

The hotel is opposite the beach and thats what you pay for.

Terrible customer experience. Definitely didnt feel like a 4 star hotel!!

1. Check in was relatively slow. Also, at the time of check in no one informed as us that there will be maintenance and there will be no water from 10.30 am to 12 noon. We were caught by surprise when suddenly there was no water in the bathrooms and toilets. They should have proactively informed us at the time of check in. And also they coukd have scheduled the maintenance post the check out time of 12 noon. 2. There was leakage in the bathrooms. Bathtub was also very slippery. They could have out a mat. 3. Also, in the balcony of the room with sea view, the tiles of the floor was broken. And this could potentially result in injury especially for kids. 3. Lift was also not working on the day of the check out and we had to climb the narrow stairs with luggage. 4. There was issue with the check out as well. They overcharged us for the breakfast. Only 2 adults and one child went for breakfast, but in the bill we were charged 6 people. And this despite we had informed them at the reception that only 2 adults and one child will be having breakfast.

The only positive thing about the stay was the location of the hotel and the beach facing view for one of the rooms.

Ok stay
    • Standard Single Room

The single room was super tight and not so comfortable. The sink was not in the bathroom as well which took some time to get used to. Cleanliness and housekeeping can be improved massively. Rubbish overflown from the dust bin can be left laying there for days! This is really the worst experience in the hotel.

I loved its proximity to the beach. Front reception staff are actually the best in this property. They were very helpful and informative especially Mr. Imran - night duty manager- went above and beyond his call of duty to fit my needs since I was not feeling well at the time. I am super appreciative of his kind efforts. The stay was ok all in all.

It is an old building, and this is notable.
    • Family Room with Sea View

It is an old building, and this is notable. But the great location, friendly personnel, fair price and available services compensate all. I would always gladly book here. We traveled with 4 and 6 year old children, they had a lovely time.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Great with some quirks
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

Kitchen staff needs to learn their ingredients. Roomservice Breakfast: Service was great, but 1 fruit salad = 1 apple. And there was no butter with it (nor anywhere to mark wanting butter on the order beforehand). Dinner in the restaurant: High prices, tiny portions, yet tasty. However ingredients... On the menu was stated; Quiche with ricotta & spinach and a frittata of sweet potato. = quiche (5cm diameter) with mushrooms and green beans with frittata of normal potatoes.

Nice helpful staff, also happy to help with none hotel related issues. Nice rooms, very clean. However cleanliness seems to depend on type of room. We had one with a balcony and even on top of the doors there was no dust. For our second night, we had a room without a balcony and there was dust on the bed frame and lamps.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

• Standard Single Room

It’s hard to tell on booking.com that you’re booking a single bed rather than single occupancy. I found myself in a tiny, tiny room with a single bed - I could touch both walls at once!!!. The wall lamp stuck out just over my head too - I nearly banged my head a few times. It was mercilessly hot in there. No aircon, no fan and no through-draft even with the window fully open. I spent part of the night trying to sleep with the door wedged open to get air to blow through. It got cooler at about 2am. By 8am it was a sauna again. Every time someone moved upstairs, there was an ear-piercing scrape sound as the suspended ceiling in my room moved about. Basically, I wasn’t able to sleep at all and recommended that the manager or staff try to spend the night in there to see whether they think it’s appropriate to rent for EUR100+. And there’s a pretty horrid view of the back of other buildings....

Great location. Spotlessly clean. I only had to stay one night & they gave me a EUR 30 discount after I complained.

Good hotel, great staff,
    • Family Room with Sea View

The hotel needs a renovation in general. There is nothing really bad as such, it’s just quite a bit outdated . The renovation is already planned and information was available , so I’m looking forward to coming back once it’s over

I liked the restaurant in the hotel and the staff , they went beyond any reasonable effort to meet our needs with a little baby. Very very pleasant interactions with the staff , and good food .

Very good hotel with good staff in excellent location
    • Family Room with Sea View

4 night stay. Room not cleaned terribly well during stay.. Dirty cups left and no glasses in room. Plastic cups not replaced.

Large family room with sea view.

Great beachy hotel getting a facelift

Parking was not convenient, at a grocery store a couple blocks away. Elevator was quite small.

Location was perfect for the beach and the walking streets with shopping and restaurants. Our room was recently renovated and had velvety carpet. Spacious but splashy shower in the bathroom. We also enjoyed the steam, sauna and pool, which had lots of towels.

Could be better
    • Special Offer - Double Room

Parking of hotel is not located on hotel. You get a plan and find yourself. Room was cheapy and in a corner without ANY view. Bathroom was very basic. Forgotten glory !

Bar and barman are fantastic. Location on beach and near to Keukenhof (if you have a car) Breakfast is average But fish restaurant (not from hotel) nearby is fantastic

bed was quite comfy, good location

way too expensive for the services provided, especially since we went off-season. the hotel was rated 4* but it needs a massive improvement/refurbishment to be up to standard in my view. All facilities were quite old and badly need a refresh. Breakfast was too expensive too. It was 16 Euro/person

bed was quite comfy, good location

A short, but wonderful stay!
    • Budget Room

Parking was not on-site and a bit difficult to find a place to do so.

The facility was undergoing major renovations which were great. The breakfast buffet was superb!

Super helpful service.
    • Standard Single Room

The soundproofing in the hotel isn't great. Probably not ideal for light sleepers !

Really helpful staff and an excellent location. Lovely see views, which is always a bonus.

The location of this hotel is great, we got rooms with sea...

For a 4*, there could be some bottled water for the guests in the rooms. Also, the bathroom is quite uncomfortable and dirty - fingerprints on the mirror and hair in the shower is not something you want to see.

The location of this hotel is great, we got rooms with sea view. The staff is friendly .

awful

Personnel took from me payment for the room 2 times and still not return me my money. First time from credit cart, second time by cash when I checked out. Also gave me the room I have not booked. Any attempts of returning my money are not sucsessful. Very bad hotel and very bad personnel

Perfect beach location if the weather is good.
    • Family Room with Sea View

The breakfast was too expensive so we couldn’t eat at the hotel but we knew that when we booked.

Friendly hotel staff who spoke good English. Rooms clean and comfy. Nice to have a sea view family room. Wet room nice & modern. Spa facilities a great touch. No shortage of towels.

Staff implied that as hotel parking was inaccessible I would...
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

Staff implied that as hotel parking was inaccessible I would have to use hotel parking 2 min walk from hotel No mention was made of charges. It turned out to be an ordinary public car park. I did not realise there were any costs until I questioned my bill. Extreamly shabby ploy on staff part. Stalk also very inhospitable...I will not be back. EVER

Lokation and confy beds

One of the rooms we got was not as per reservation confirmed: two single beds instead of one double (and it was important for us as we had a baby to sleep with us in the bed). Staff was slow, so checkin took half an hour despite we were the only guests in the lobby. We had 2 rooms, the one with seaview is definitely to prefer! Attached picture is the view from the other room. Otherwise, clean and good renovated bathrooms. Swimming pool of a good size with bubbles, steam bath and sauna: all enjoyable until 22h. Restaurant for dinner and breakfast was good. Parking 15€ in the hotel or on the streer at 2€/h 9-21h.

Lokation and confy beds

Wonderful place with good access to Keukenhof which was our reason for visit

It was a shame there was no parking at the hotel and parking on the road could get quite expensive, saying thath we were out most of the day so was not really a problem. Using the hotels parking at the nearby supermarket cost 15 euros a day. Breakfasts were quite good with a reasonable selection but the 15 euros per day was a bit steep for a self service buffet.

The staff were friendly and helpful, even printing our boarding passes for the return flight. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable and the location was right across from the baech was ideal.

Nice stay in the tulip fields
    • Family Room with Sea View

Reception desk staff was not "perfect", just maybe less smily than in other places in Netherlands, not so flexible to accommodate some "mini" requests like putting our bikes in the locked room (we waited quite a bit before they handed over the key because there were people at the counter desk), or get us drinks at the bar (we had to move to the restaurant... where we waited as well). So nothing bad and we would come back for sure, just not perfect !

Newly refurbished room with a view on the sea. Room was large enough for 4 people (incl. 2 kids). Good breakfast. Can park bikes in the hotel which is convenient. Good place to stay to visit the tulip fields and walk along the beach.

Basic hotel experience, nice location next to beach and...
    • Budget Room

Basic hotel experience, nice location next to beach and activities Hotel itself is a bit dated that shows in the interiors. Very nice breakfast and friendly staff.

Just about OK but could be better.
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

Our room (125) was in the old part of the building and was one of three or four formed from one large space. The sound proofing was very poor and we were disturbed every night by creaking floors and video conferencing to USA from the room next door. i suspect the newer roms were more acceptable.

Good location. Breakfast very good.

Our room was clean and newly remodeled.

The hotel has not completed all the remodeling. However, a lot was done during our stay.

Our room was clean and newly remodeled. Our view was the north sea! We could hear the waves as well! A wonderful stay.

I'll book it next time too
    • Standard Single Room

The toilet was extremely narrow. The toilet paper roll was Attached so that there was no room for my right arm while sitting on it. And I'm not exactly a giant. Quite some signs of ware.

Very Nice and helpful staff. Nice location and confortable conditions.

Nice location but I don't recommend for the confort. Beds are the worse I've ever seen
    • Budget Room

The bed was terrible ! 2 small beds next to each other with small blankets, moving like hell because of their broken legs. If you want to sleep together with your partner, it's impossible ! Also, the size of the bathroom was very small with a translucide glass door to separate the room. Ok it's for a couple, but please there are some limits with what you share !!!

Very good service at the reception and night desk.

Great average hotel
    • Special Offer - Double Room

The rooms were a little noisey. I could here other guest walking and talking in the rooms. Not really loud but the were noticable if you focus on it.

The breakfast was great and the proppertie is 1 minute away from the beach.

Great location. Great View. Pool so-so.
    • Family Room with Sea View

The pool was way too hot, it’s more like a jacuzzi and not good for kids to play in. My daughter became too hot and got a little nauseous and had to sit out. The steam room did not work well and the dry sauna was also way too hot, not like usual dry saunas. You have to pay for robes and slippers so bring your own, they are not included in the stay.

The location was great. The breakfast was very good. The room was nice and the view was amazing from the 3rd floor family rooms.

Fine, though next time will pay more and stay Huis ter duin

The rooms are very noisy, decoration of hotel and room outdated to say the least, understaffed reception and bar. Not a 4 star hotel experience at all

Location is great

Disappointed with parking and twin bed set up.

Asked for a twin room and got a double bed with twin mattresses and duvets. Not appropriate for for two guys travelling. Car park is inconvenient, breakfast is expensive.

Staff was very kind and helpful.
    • Standard Single Room

The breakfast was too expensive (16 EUR) so I did not take it.

Staff was very kind and helpful. I got a large room with a sea view. Fee drink in the bar, free tea and coffee in the room. Fast internet. Overall, I was quite happy with the hotel.

We liked our stay
    • Special Offer - Double Room

The view at the Landside was a lookout into Luther rooms and the roof of the hotel, nextime we would book a Seaview room. For us was the bed not very comfortable and the pillows was quit soft for us too. But we were glad that we had two single beds put together,the double bed a quit small.

The staff was very friendly and uncomplicated. We loved the welcome packages for our little dog in the room. It made us feel very welcome with our wee little loved one. The breakfast was also very nice and had a lot of different things to choose from. We liked the little pool area with the sauna and whirlpool. The hotel offered a lot of little extras as fruits on the reception to take and fresh water, also little breads was provided. We stayed at a room on the landslide with a renovated bathroom. The bathroom was small but everything there what is needed.

Bellow average room and service

The room is absurdly small for 2 people. There is almost no pace for luggage. The bathroom was badly designed so the water spreads everywhere when you shower. It is impossible to avoid it. My husband arrived one day before myself and payed for all our stay, in the last day, when I went to pay for the additional costs and taxes they charged me an extra day! I pointed out the error and they correct it. I believe that for people working at ESTEC as we were there are probably better options in the neighborhood.

The hotel is close to restaurants and amenities. It is also in the way to ESTEC via the shuttle.

Good stay in Noordwijk at the beach.
    • Standard Single Room

The rooms are comfortable, but in general a bit old fashioned and not well isolated (noise and thermal isolation). There is also no heating in the bathroom, so that it is a bit cold there.

The location close to the beach is nice. Also the room next to the bar is cosy.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Good but hard to sleep...
    • Standard Single Room

The heating system is old and when switched on, reached the pressure of the water inside was keeping whistling regularly during the night waking me up 3-4 times every night...

The position is very good and the staff is very nice and friendly. The food selection is just good.

I arrived at the hotel at midnight, I got one of the tower...
    • Budget Room

I arrived at the hotel at midnight, I got one of the tower rooms and when I entered the room it felt like if the window was open. The room was very cold and the window was not isolating the wind and the cold from outside. The noise from the wind blowing in the windows didn't let me sleep. I tried to change the room and the reception guy told me it was not possible because they were full. Next morning I was told they were not full and I could have been moved to a different room. If you are going to this hotel, make sure you don't book a budget room. It is a very bad room, I don't recommend it to anyone.

It was nice, we will go again.
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

there were renovations activities. No problems with that. But only the last morning it started at 07.30. That wasn't very nice.

Room was very nice, staff very friendly, breakfast was good with enough variations.

The hotel is very well located and clean.
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

The room bathroom was cold, too small, and the shower inconvenient. A water broom is provided to dry the bathroom floor after the shower. The breakfast choices are acceptable.

The hotel is very well located and clean. The staff has been extremely friendly and efficient. The room was comfortable with a very nice view of the dunes and the sea. The breakfast room is quiet and comfortable with a very nice view of the main street and the dunes, too.

breakfast was suppose to be until 1030 but there were no...

to notify guests that bring dogs that you are not allowed to leave your dogs unattended for long periods! DOGS barked for more than three hours continuously until 11 pm! wasn't happy after a long drive and not being able to sleep and having to get up early the next day!

breakfast was suppose to be until 1030 but there were no more eggs or bacon and when asked if they were putting more out they were not interested.

Nice place to stay - great for storm watchers - would be fantastic in the Summer for the beach.
    • Budget Room

There was no ironing board to go with the iron, which is not good for a business orientated traveller - I improvised, but my guess is some will not!

Breakfast was really good. I had a great view and enjoyed watching the storm coming in. Room was a nice size, comfortable bed.

Would go again for a good rate but will bring own pillow. Restaurant in the hotel way too expensive.

Bathroom - shower stall rusty, flooded when showering. Bad stench coming from the sinks. Awful loo paper. Breakfast gets very boring quickly. Not much variety.

Mattress was great, pillow horrible. We did get other ones the second night. Room all in all okay but bathroom is in need of renewing.

beach is at opposite side of the hotel

This hotels allow dogs and due to it was raining during our first day of the stay , some area's did have the smell of dog's. And as I'm reacting on this smell quite heavily due to allergic reactions .... you can understand i found this less pleasant.

beach is at opposite side of the hotel

Expected a little more from the room

Room was far too small, bed was tiny - and the bathroom/toilets are also small and has a transparent door which really doesn't provide privacy considering how small the room is..

1. There was no socket, just an empty hole on the wall for...

1. There was no socket, just an empty hole on the wall for one of the lamps. 2. In the bathroom the sinkhole did not work, bathroom and the toilet area became full of water while having a shower. I mentioned this at the reception, nothing happened, next eveneing the same thing occured. 3. This particular room hapened to extremly noisy

Convenient location, but could improve on breakfast
    • Standard Single Room

Poor choice of breakfast cereal (only sugary kinds on offer), and some more fresh fruit would not be out of place. Noisy because of the wind, and squeaky floors. The wifi did not work at all, but this may be because of my phone settings.

Tea and coffee in each room, which does not always happen in the Netherlands. Very very friendly staff.

A place I will definitely come back to!

Parking, see above.

We arrived early in the morning from the airport after a long flight. The staff had a room ready for us, and were very accommodating, so nice to be able to stretch out for a while rather than it for yet another number of hours. We had dinner in the restaurant and it was delicious, well served and by knowledgeable servers. Parking was a bit of a problem, there is a parking garage, but it is quite a distance from the hotel. We opted to park in front of the hotel once we mastered the payment, helped again by the front desk staff. Parking in front, if you can get it, is free from 9 pm until 9 am.

Great and beautiful location! Good hotel with nice staff.
    • Standard Single Room

I'd recommend to tell your cleaning staff to knock before they try to enter the room. Someone tried to enter mine slightly after 7 in the morning when the check-out is till 12. It scared me a bit.

I did like the bed, it was really comfortable and TV with good channels selection made my time in the room more entertaining.

Perfect for a short stay.

The room was clean and suitable for a short stay. The staff were very polite and friendly. The hotel is on a street with many restaurants. The wellness area with pool is free and has a sauna and steam room.

Almost a good hotel

Car park was public and 200 metres away and expensive. My room overlooked central heating fans and was soulless; however my friends room overlooked the beach and was fabulous. The swimming pool was filthy

Close to beach and in heart of town.

The comfortable and nice small room.

The breakfast buffet could have more variaty from one day to another, in particular the hot buffet. The coffee is not so good in the coffee machine,

The comfortable and nice small room. The tea pot in the room. The availability of fresh fruit in the lobby. The food at dinner. The location by the beach and near the shopping street.

Noisy & old rooms

Our room was incredibly noisy as it was on top of the lounge and apparently had no sound proofing at all. When we told the receptionist he just said it is an old hotel and they look to refurbish, and that they knew about problems with those rooms. No offer of a partial refund or any amends. Really disappointing

Location and on the whole friendly staff

Wonderful time at the beach
    • Family Room with Sea View

We really loved this hotel - so no negative comments.

Wonderful room with a great view of the sea. Breakfast may seem expensive - but the delicious assortment of foods is really worth it. The beach is really nice.

• Standard Single Room

(Bath-)Rooms are a bit outdated

The hotel is nicely located right on the beach, and it can easily be reached by train/bus from Schiphol airport. Very friendly staff, free welcome drink, good breakfast, fast wifi, shuttle to ESTEC :)

Work trip to Noordwijk

I spent one night at the Golden Tupid during a work trip to ESA Estec. The hotel is just by the Noordwijk beach and offers multiple dining options within walking distance. The location is conveniently reached by car from Amsterdam (about 30 min) and very close to the ESA Estec facility (10 min). The staff is very kind. The rooms are clean and comfortable.

Excellent for the price. Great location with friendly and helpful staff.

A little dated in places, but nothing to really complain about for the price we paid.

Staff were all helpful and friendly. Room was fine. Welcome drinks a nice touch. Walking distance to beaches and town. Wifi worked fine. Would be happy to stay again.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Nice relaxing hotle in a good position

The hotel is convenient for my business which includes regular visits to ESTEC, there is a small relax centre which is lovely to use at the end of a long day of meetings.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Pleasant holiday directly at the seaside
    • Standard Single Room

A balcony of my own would have been fantastic. The busy Konigin Juliana Boulevard is extremely busy on weekends. The hotel itself could need some renovation.

The location of the hotel was excellent with free view on the sea. From the hotel you can directly start walking, cycling , going to the beach or to restaurants and cafés. Even to the shops it was just round the corner. The price was satisfying.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Wonderful location right on beach.
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

Got a room for me and my wife. they just pushed two single beds together. the beds kept moving apart whenever one of us moved. Made the nights uncomfortable.

Wonderful location right on beach. The annual tulip parade starts right in front of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

we have a very bad night at this hotel as there was no...
    • Family Room with Sea View

we have a very bad night at this hotel as there was no aircondition in the room , the beds make noises so we couldnt sleep all the night in addition they didnt even put bottle of water in the room as 4 strs hotel it must be better than this service , andfor the price 170 euroit dont deserve this price thank god it was one night ....it should be 2strs hotel

Loved having a balcony and the view of the sea.
    • Family Room with Sea View

I'm pretty sure the bedding was down (feather), which would have been good to know ahead of time, since I have a fairly severe allergy.

Loved having a balcony and the view of the sea. Also, the "kids check in" desk made my son happy.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Expensive, tiny room and hidden costs

Our room was very small. The room was up against the stairwell, which was frequently used so that I was constantly being woken up by people tramping up and down the stairs and talking loudly. The coffee at breakfast came from an 'instant'-type machine. For the price we paid for breakfast I expected a proper Italian coffee, or a pot of tea, and not instant coffee from a machine. The breakfast was poor. The fruit was sugared and came from tins. We were given a 10%discount voucher for our evening meal, but when I wanted to hand it in I was told that we were supposed to have done that the day before! So, they didn't count any more. This is strange, as it cannot be expected of first-time visitors that you understand a hotel's system thoroughly. If they have special rules with vouchers, then they should prompt you at dinner to give them the voucher. We thought we'd show the voucher at the moment we paid, as this made sense. But no, we were told. Why give us the voucher in the first place? It feels as if someone has tricked you a little. We were supposed to get a "free glass of prosecco" but it didn't come. I will never ask for something like that, because I would feel stupid, so of course we just left it. Hidden costs like charging 7.50 for the use of a bathrobe in the otherwise all-included sauna and pool facility, make you wary. Watching a movie on their hotel movie channel would have cost an additional 11.50 euros. These hidden costs give the impression you're being cheated a little and take away from the general feeling of hospitality that you'd so like to have at a grande hotel.

Nice bar; friendly and very professional staff; good food in the restaurant. Staff was flexible and willing to help: at our request we were able to change rooms from a twin bed to a double bed.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

A hotel which offers you value for your money.
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

We were not pleased with our room compared with the room of friends from us. When we informed the people at the reception desk about this we were immediately transferred to another excellent room. The luggage was transferred by employees of the hotel. For our friends was the fact that annimals (dogs) were allowed was an extra bonus. We will come back in future. For sure.

The Golden Tulip isn't for you if your looking for comfort.

Having to park car in a supermarket car park away from the hotel, the beds were too small, hotel looked tired and could do with a face lift.

Close to the beach

Beautiful property across from the beach!
    • Family Room with Sea View

The arrangement of the shower, sink and toilet were odd (separate rooms) and the swinging barn-style doors on the shower room were unwieldy.

The location was amazing - right across the road from the beach, and close to numerous restaurants. The indoor heated pool was very nice as well! We rented a family room with sea view - it had two queen-sized beds and lots of room. There was a hot water kettle, team and coffee provided in the room. The room also had a hair dryer and toiletries.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Overpriced
    • Budget Room

After check-in we were provided a room with... separate toilette and shower situated across the corridor... for 140 EUR... I think this is at least unacceptable to propose such room for this price as it worth maximum 50 EUR. Thanks to the girls at reception the room was changed without questions but the time was wasted to solve this issue. SPA was included into the price that slightly improved the image of the hotel Overall, it looks very old

On the beach and close to bus stop Very nice bar with good prices and atmosphere

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Staff were super friendly and accommodating.

Breakfast was good but expensive at 16 Euros per head. Coffee machine kept breaking down.

Staff were super friendly and accommodating. Really like that they went out of their way to store our bikes safely in one of the meeting rooms overnight.

Look forward to come back again!
    • Family Room with Sea View

no parking facilities in hotel, parking facilities 2min walk from hotel - but we did not mind

- family-friendly hotel - very helpful staff - great location right on the beach - nice spacious accommodation (family room) - absolutely satisfied with food

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Where are the four stars?

The beds are very small and uncomfortable (worn out and soft). Also the rooms are extremly small. The breakfast for 16,50 EUR is to plain and not enough variety. Also the quality of the coffee (out of a instant coffee brewing machine) is poor. No minibar or fridge in the room.

The location opposite the beach is nice.

Short break at Noordwijk aan Zee
    • Special Offer - Double Room

The shower in the bathroom is too small and without a window/door between the shower and the bathroom.

Nice location in front of the North Sea. Very close to Keukenhof and Amsterdam. Very kind Dutch people. Breakfast buffet even arriving later!

Good Staff, Old facilities!
    • Standard Single Room

The hold staffs are nice, however the facilities are kind of out of date. The room is really small that two beds are laid together, and the blanket is too hermetic which makes me really uncomfortable.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Excellent vacation, staff, and location!!
    • Family Room with Sea View

They only had hard pillows, but it was pretty close to perfect. Also, parking is off site about a block away. A bit inconvenient, but it was the norm in that area.

The beach, restaurants, and shopping were all within walking distance. The staff were super friendly and helpful. They were also knowledgeable about the area and gave great recommendations. The room was great and the pool, sauna, and steam bath were excellent!

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Lovely beach hotel
    • Budget Room

The hotel is dated, but that is also part of the charm, and certainly not an issue. There was really nothing not to like.

Our room was upgraded to a sea-view room at no extra cost - there was a special storage room inside the hotel for our bikes, and we got a free welcome drink. Staff were really friendly, even copied bicycle routes for us.

Ok!
    • Standard Single Room

The meal at the partner restaurant was +/-. too noisy environment. The fruit salad does not have fresh fruits, the juices are not made of fresh fruit. There are no refreshments in the bathroom. We can hear the TV sound from neighbouring rooms.

Really nice and helpful staff. Loved the miosotis offer as well as the free drink at the bar.

Browse Golden Tulip Noordwijk Beach traveller photo gallery