Reviews of Apollo Museumhotel Amsterdam City Centre 3 stars

P.C. Hooftstraat 2, Oud Zuid, 1071 BX Amsterdam, Netherlands

#310 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

• Double or Twin Room

I was placed in a room below street level and that was the main issue. Downstairs did not have a great smell, would not recommend those rooms. Overall it was clean, but you do not want to be downstairs below street level.

The location is great! Very easy to get into the city and explore.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Condition of rooms (except bathrooms) was depressing. Worn basic furniture, cheap worn and torn carpet. Hallways needed painting and new carpet. Rooms were small. Booked deluxe room because website showed love seat seating but the 3 deluxe rooms we were in only had a single armless chair. Air conditioning in 1st room didn’t work so we moved to smaller 2nd room. Bathroom door only opened part way because it was blocked by the bed. Did not get 6am wake up call on departure day.

Great location! Close to museums, restaurants, shopping, and trams. Bathrooms were modernized. Had all the basics like hairdryer, tv, elevators.

• Double or Twin Room

The -1 floor was very dirty and had a horrible smell! I had reserved for 2 nights. Went to check in at the reception and the girl gave me a room in the -1 floor. Just as we were going at the -1 floor we started to fell this smell that got stronger as we approached our room. The smell was just disgusting. We decided to go out and before that I went to the reception and told the girl that they had to clean the room as the bathroom was very dirty and there was a bad smell in the room. When we got back in the evening we went straight to our room and nothing was cleaned and the smell was the same and we noticed that the smell was all over the -1 floor, not only in our room. We decided we would sleep there that night and the other night change the room. I woke up and my wife told me she threw up during the night from the smell. We went to the reception and we strongly asked to change not only the room but also the floor. They gave us a room in the 4th floor. The room was good, clean and there was no strange smell. If they gave us this room from the first night I would give this hotel a 8-9 rating. If you stay at this hotel. DO NOT accept a room at the -1 floor, you will regret it!

The Hotel Position, not far from city center and near MuseumPlein and the best museums in Amsterdam like Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum.

• Double or Twin Room

I booked a standard room (pre-paid for all 4 nights; average price $200 per night). When I arrived I was offered a basement room that, INDEED, should be a parking space rather than a $200- night hotel room (see photo). That was very offensive! I refused to take the room, and then I had to wait till 4 pm (I arrived at 10 am) to get another room. The second offer was room #432 - mansard roof-room that was so small that I could not move around (see photo). Could not place my suitcase in the room. I had to put next to the door and was moving it out every time I had to leave the room. I simply was unable to accommodate a chair between the bed and desk because I got stuck (see photo). So, while traveling for a business, i was unable to use my computer. Then I decided to work while lying in bed (not a healthy choice for my back) but I found that there was no electricity outlet to plug in. When I kept complaining, finally I was given an excellent room on the fifth floor. Though the lift runs up to the 4th floor (be aware if you have heavy luggage). And the Internet connection was terrible. I had to go to the reception to get/send email messages... but I was afraid that I would not get another decent room and never complained about the Internet... Had to compromise :)

After complaining I got upgraded, and the room (#510) I have stayed for three nights was very nice and comfortable (see photo). Bed was comfortable too.The location is good - right next to Rijksmuseum. I am also very appreciative of a young lady-receptionist (I regret I do not know her name) who was very responsive to my complains and offered me room-upgrade at no cost. If not her, my review would have been the worst I have ever written.

• Double or Twin Room

Our bedroom the bed was not comfortable and I may have been sleeping on dual carrage way. I was just recovering from hip replacement.I wanted to ask to be moved my husband wouldn't let me .However in all the hotel is in great location lovely and clean I would like to stay again but I would not stay in that room I would need guarantee that I would have a bigger room and a decent bed.

• Double or Twin Room

I use an electric wheelchair. Disabled friendly it wasn't. Had to use delivery elevator that is just a open platform without doors. Could be dangerous. Bathroom was fine apart from no bars for shower seat that gets very slippery.

• Double or Twin Room

Our room wasn’t cleaned once during our 4 nights, we had to beg for towels. We couldn’t dry them so they were damp. The room was mouldy, the beds uncomfortable, 2 flights of very narrow steep stairs were difficult for my daughter who had a broken ankle, the bar staff were absolutely shocking!

Not very much to be honest

• Double or Twin Room

Very close to the Rijksmuseum, ideal if you want to high end shop as lots of designer shops on the same road, amazing park not far and generally a nice hotel wth very pleasant staff! Would stay again.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was tiny, there was about 30cm space around the beds and that was the whole room, we had twin beds but there wasn’t actually room to separate them if you wanted. It was dirty, there were tissues from previous guests on the floor, a lot of dust and the walls were very stained/marked. For what we paid I was expecting a lot more than what we got. The view was of a ledge which for some reason was covered in cigarette butts and socks. Would visit Amsterdam again but not recommend this hotel

Location was good, it was nice and quiet

• Double or Twin Room

It was smallest hotel room that I stayed in. The offer was for staff to do something special for special occasions. Staff did not do anything special even though we did tell them it was our 25th Anniversary.

Location was good. Staff were very helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

Long queues to check in and out; amazing amount of paperwork. We reported faulty lights in Room 312: only one was remedied. We had to ask 3 times before extra coat hangers came. The pillows were old and lumpy: they need replacing. Full-length mirror lacking in bedroom. Water drains under shower door, wetting rest of bathroom. Basin is hopeless: rigid tap obtrudes too far across basin, so it overflows on to floor. Soap dispenser leaks onto floor. Towel rail far too high: 7 feet from floor! and a second one needed. Lengthy queues at breakfast each morning because only one drinks machine. Bizarre paying rules at bar.

Location excellent: 5 minutes' walk to Rijksmuseum and van Gogh Museum, with canal opposite for boat trips. 10-15 minute ride on tram 2 to Central Station. Breakfast food and drink fine. Toilet and shower in Room 312 work well.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was tiny and we didn’t have a great view. It didn’t look much like any of the pictures we saw on the website. The staff on arrival were fairly rude and although didn’t say anything specific to us, were talking between themselves and it felt like we were a bit of an annoyance in their day. The hotel overall was quite clean but the decor was a bit scruffy in places and a few parts looked tatty inside.

The location of this hotel is brilliant. Right next door to the Rijksmuseum and near Leidseplein; close to the city centre. The breakfast was nice.

The hotel is located very near the Rijksmuseum. The hop on hop off boat is right across the street. We had a view of the canal from our room. The bathroom had recently been redone. The included breakfast had a good selection and nice seating area.

• Double or Twin Room

Run down and very awkwardly arranged room. Poor lighting, scratched paint, tears in carpets, drab colors. Maze of room numbers!

Good breakfast. Great location.

• Double or Twin Room

First night I arrived late since my flight didn’t land till 7pm. So I was put in a basement type room. It was huge, and it was a bit odd...there were handicap guards all over the bathroom and what appeared to be wheel chair markings on the bathroom wall. That didn’t bother me, but it was odd. However the room was a bit noisy since it was below street level but the windows were just about pedestrian foot level, so I could hear every person walking by. The shower drain had sewage smell coming from the drain. The next they they put me in a much quieter room but a third of the size. Pretty small but I didn’t mind it. There was still sewage smell coming from the drain. I think the toilet and shower may be sharing a line in all the rooms. Please fix the carpeting on your hallways, there are rips all over, and it’s so cheap to put in new carpeting.

Location is excellent. All the apples you can eat. Great shower with lots of hot water. Friendly staff.

• Double or Twin Room

A very pleasant hotel. Very good buffet breakfast (12.50 euros p.p.) so we sometimes went out for a coffee and croissant. Crossing the road in front to get across the canal to the Leidseplein area was a bit hazardous - just remember to give way to bicycles, even if the light is against them! once over you will find a great variety of cafes and restaurants. Quite an experience on King's Day! Best of all, the hotel is right next to the Rijksmuseum and the Vondel park. We had a great view from our room.

• Double or Twin Room

I was expecting a bigger room with a better view. the mattress topper wouldn't stay on the bed and the heater for the room did not work. I was given a different heater to plug in witch did work but took up a bit of space

The breakfast was lovely and the kitchen staff were very nice

• Double or Twin Room

I was a little anxious after reading some of the reviews, but found the hotel clean, comfortable and friendly. The rooms are small but we'll equipped. Reception staff were friendly and there was free water and fruit for guests.

• Double or Twin Room

We could hear a lot of street noise as unfortunately it was Kings Day while we were there so the partying was on the street outside our room.

The room was small and we could not open the bathroom door all the was up against the bed when opened.

• Double or Twin Room

Incredibly small rooms with less than clean carpet. Difficult to maneuver in bathroom for one person of less than average stature.Room was very tired and need of update.Get rid of carpet and install some other sort of flooring for purpose of cleanliness.

Location and very helpful and courteous staff.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

No real problems, although for business people it would be nice if breakfast opened at 6:30 rather than 7:00.

The location is outstanding. Very convenient to buses and trams, and also very convenient for those who wish to visit the principal museums. The computer terminals and printer were also much appreciated.

Room size=prison cell. The price is EXTRAVAGANT for such a bad deal. One coffee at a time at breakfast with a big crowd waiting to get their coffee. Bad quality bread and cheeses. Shower floor becomes very slippery when wet. Very dangerous! No hair shampoo and conditioner. No solid soap either. Room small, bed terrible and bathroom barely livable. This is high robbery asking for 279 Euros excluding breakfast!!!!

The young barman was very helpful, nice and obliging and did his best to please guests. The hotel is located near museums and other attractions - only saving grace.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was so small and cramped that we could not even open the bathroom door all the way as it was up against the bed. It was on the street side and extremely noisy.

• Double or Twin Room

The fob keys to room constantly had to change as not working also charged tax again for 1 night although this was confirmed before arrival so unhappy with that as had paid tax already up front.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

One young woman at the reception desk was unfriendly. We tried to time our contacts with the desk to times she was not on duty. She needs to consider being in customer service. Also, the room size was inadequate for two people with two big suitcases.An adequa

The location and the convenience of having breakfast included (and tasty) and the location. Two or three easy walking blocks from museums and restaurants.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The rooms are pretty small. The lighting in the room was bad. No lamp on the desk. Reading lights on either side of the bed were very dim. Small pillows, small towels. They have a liquid soap attached to the shower wall and next to the sink that you are supposed to use as soap and shampoo. They do not provide face cloths and the bathrooms are tiny. There is a steep stairway to get into the lobby with no one to assist with your suitcases. There is an elevator once you get inside.

The hotel is in a good location to get to museums , Anne Frank Haus and shopping Hop on Hop off Canal boat stop right across the street. They also have very good breakfast. Staff was relatively friendly. Nice neighborhood.

• Double or Twin Room

There was very little selection at breakfast for the gluten free/ intolerant. My room was on the second floor above the front door and early departures/ late arrivals often woke me up. There was no mini fridge in the compact room. I think anyone taller than me (5'2") would have difficulty sleeping in the "single"/ almost sofa type bed. A few steps at the front entrance, which was a little difficult to manage with a suitcase. I would consider the carpet "tired" and my allergies did not like the deodorizer/ freshener used in the corridor.

I felt very safe walking alone in this area even at dusk/ early morning. There was a jug in the room, which is great for a tea drinker. A great shower and plenty of hot water. Because of the weather, the towels didn't dry overnight, so they were replaced each day. The staff were always willing to help and most spoke very good English. The food in the breakfast buffet was freshly cooked and the staff were really busy each morning ensuring there was a good selection of everything for guests. Breakfast began at 7 Monday to Friday and 7:30 weekends. It was a great location for catching the tram to Central Station or going to the museums. It was a very short walk to catch trams on the other line. Large stores were reasonably close, as were cafes and restaurants. Free apples each day. A lift - so no climbing stairs with a suitcase.

Small, dorm like room with single bed. The bed had a thin mattress and was more like a day bed. While small bath had been renovated, the shower door design was bad. Instead of a sliding door design, it had a hinged swinging door. I nearly wasn't able to fit past the door to use the shower. Elevator wasn't able to handle demand resulting in long waits. Weekend breakfast was extremely crowded and under staffed.

Decent climate control. Security safe included. Desk and chair, while small, were functional. Wardrobe was OK. Decent sized updated window.

I do not recommend

We didnt like the staff’s behavior. There isn’t any bellboy. The hotel is in a central location but Staff uninterested and inadequate.I do not recommend

See above

The breakfast was good with a good range of food and drink on offer. The rooms were small, the bathroom worked well for me but I am a small person. Paper cups & intermittent wi-fi not what I would expect for this price. the bar doesn't accept payment by card and staff on the reception were unfamiliar with both the geography and travel system of Amsterdam.

• Double or Twin Room

very calm neibourhood and close to the museums that we want to see. Tram was very closed by and we had easy access to go to the centraal station etc. The hotel is clean and the mattresses comfortable and the sheets were very clean. The room was big enough for a couple. The staff member at the check-in was very helpful for the check-out they allow us to keep our luggage till later in the afternoon so we did have time to see other attractions and come back later to collect our luggage. Over all , it's a very good Hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

The double room was so small . Really had for two people to get ready in the room ... also the bed had a mattress topper on which was obviously old . And had a big hole in , it was so uncomfortable

Clean , modern good location

• Double or Twin Room

Room too small.Hardly enough room to get to bed.Bathroom so small you could not sit on the toilet properly had to sit sideways.Not acceptable.Very run down hotel.

Good location.

• Double or Twin Room

The hotel was fine but our booking through booking.com was not recorded! Therefore we had to wait like idiots at the reception and they made us pay on the spot, for second time within 15 hours despite the fact that we showed them your written confirmation.

Excellent location. Close to museums. Walking distance to major city attractions. Great breakfast. Took a taxi from the airport for about 40 euros (there were 4 of us.)

• Double or Twin Room

The floor , the noice, the coolest room

They gave us c a room under the floor , cold , you can heard the people on the street . I thought you have special treat to your clients , I really don’t know about the convenient to do it with you or directly to the property because sometime seems that they ( hotels) gave the worst from the people that booking with other companies like this

• Double or Twin Room

The room was very very small. No room to put 2 suitcases. When you have a shower the whole bathroom floor became flooded.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was really small and expected more room for the price

In a quiet area but not far to walk to the boats or trams and bars / cafe's hotel was clean and staff was helpful and spoke good English

• Double or Twin Room

Felt it was somewhat expensive when you had to add breakfast.

Breakfast was all-inclusive and delicious. Room was small but efficient. Shower was wonderful.

• Double or Twin Room

Way too small. Couldn't move freely around the room. Walls dirty. Bathroom tiny. Could hear guests/mobile phone ringing in other room. Soundproofing bad

• Double or Twin Room

The fact that there was no handrail outside our apartment on the stairs, however they explained as it was a heritage building nothing could be changed. Also no shampoo or conditioner in the shower.

The staff were so lovely, no elevator to our room and the young girls lugged all our suitcases up and down them.

Only 1 coffe machine. Stand in line to get coffee

Staff very friendly and helpfull.Beds extra comfy.Breakfast plenty to choose from and bery tasty.Free apples big and fresh.

• Double or Twin Room

Bad staff attitude, I was over charged for breakfast despite showing very clear pricing on a leaflet at reception and told by the manager that I was wrong. Staff seem untrained and lack basic understanding of customer service. My room was tiny despite booking a twin/double. The shower room was tiny and positioning of the faucet/tap made it impossible to wash my face in the sink, so had to use lots of extra water in the shower each day. Bedroom walls are thin, so expect lots of noise from other customers. I was woken most nights/very early mornings by suitcases being put on the floor and wheeled through the hotel by customers on early check-out. The bar man was incredibly rude and couldn't be bothered to make a drink for me or other customers when politely asked. He also had a large hole in his shirt and looked scruffy. Very expensive for service and accommodation in comparison to other nearby hotels. On following up my stay with the hotel, staff continued to be rude and generally appalling in their attitude. I would never stay here again and don't recommend it at all.

Location, nothing more.

• Double or Twin Room

A pleasant stay with no obvious dislikes.

Friendly and helpful staff throughout the hotel. Excellent locations for Museums. Easy access to and from Central Station. Enjoyed, the more than adequate, breakfast which for us was inclusive.

• Double or Twin Room

The room we were in was a little scruffy.

The helpful staff they went out of their way to help you. Reception staff were always very busy but treated everyone with consideration.

• Double or Twin Room

Our room was below ground & we had view of brick wall outside our window! We’d booked a twin room & ended up with a double bed

The breakfast was good & not hurried

• Double or Twin Room

They seemed understaffed. Not enough desk staff and no porter available for luggage assistance. Too steep entryway for older people with luggage!

Great location! Staff very willing to help! Great view from our room!

• Double or Twin Room

Check-in was lengthy, confusing, error-filled and frustrating. The hallway carpets were filthy and torn and warped. The room was tiny, with no room for luggage to be out of the way, hence no place to comfortably sit. The bathroom was poorly designed, with an EXTREMELY slippery shower floor, and tap that protruded too far into the sink area, and no place to store personal supplies. The curtains let in all kinds of of light. One of the windows almost fell out of its frame into the room on top of us! It was very noisy when e.g. someone closed a nearby door. There was no fridge, and it was very difficult to obtain even a small amount of ice. There were no instructions how to phone the front desk. The air conditioner cooled the room too much and was so noisy it had to turned off to sleep. For the quality of the room, the price is outrageous. We are presently at a less-expensive London hotel that is very luxurious and highlights the poor value for the money of this Amsterdam hotel.

The ONLY good thing about this hotel is the location.

• Double or Twin Room

Bed was comfortable but could have done with the opportunity to throw off the duvet and had a blanket. The room was hot but if I opened the window we had too much street noise. The Bathroom was very cramped.

Breakfast superb. Location superb. Cleanliness superb.

• Double or Twin Room

Your ground floor rooms are in serious need of renovation!

The two rooms allocated on the first night, although requested on ground floor, were well below standards for the price paid. Peeling wallpaper and paint, scruffy carpet, and the room was so small we could hardly walk around the end of the bed, no bedside lights, and no soft furnishings whatsoever. And, a smell of damp in room 35. However, the next morning the reception staff were brilliant and re-allocated us to much better rooms on the third floor which were worth the money paid for the amazing location to the museums. Thanks to the reception staff for their kind attention and help with the problem. Susan.

• Double or Twin Room

On check in we asked about breakfast and was told it would be €10.50 per person per day and could pay this at the end. We offered to pay this before but they said to pay it at check out. At check out we went to pay for breakfast - we were expecting it to be €63 for 3 days for two people. They charged us €75 saying that it was only €10.50 if we paid upfront which completely contradicted what we were told on check in. We lost €12 because we were not told the truth at check in so if you plan to have breakfast there pay in advance.

Buffet breakfast was nice and the location was amazing. Is right near the rijkmuseum and the centre of the attractions.

• Double or Twin Room

Steep steps to enter hotel difficult to climb with a suitcase. Very small ‘basement’ room - twin beds were ‘together’ no space at all between and very little space around them.Mattress toppers moved very easily. Nowhere to put a suitcase, let alone two suitcases. Bathroom extremely tiny. Some curtain hooks were unhooked.

Great location, shower water pressure great and nice and hot. Free apples at reception desk were delicious.

• Double or Twin Room

When we first checked in we had a basic room twin bed down stairs in what seemed like a basement, we also had a leak in the bathroom which we explained twice to reception and it wasn’t until the next day they came down to check it, they then had to move us and they said they ‘upgraded’ us the only thing we got was an upper floor, and a double bed I did expect something more for the inconvenience

The staff are amazing and so helpful. And the fact there’s always free water and fresh apples they were great 👍

• Double or Twin Room

Found toe nails under the bed , only changed the towels once and our key card didn’t work for 2 of the 3 nights

View was lovely out of the window , location was brilliant and staff were friendly

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was basic.... one morning no clean cutlery so we had to use plastic. Rooms extremely small....

The first room we were given was so small and the lovely lady moved us the following morning and was extremely helpful.

• Double or Twin Room

There were loads of discarded cigarette butts outside the entrance to the apartments and some marks on the curtains.

Staff were efficient and friendly. Bed was big and the room was a good size. Amazing location and things were quiet too.

• Double or Twin Room

Room on basement level was very small, could do with a restaurant and room service, amenities were quite basic especially the coffe, would expect higher quality for the accom rate.

The new room on higher level floor was very nice and had plenty of space with nice view , great location and service, Reception team was amazing 😁 Will be returning in the future.

• Double or Twin Room

Very average overall service. I believe the reception girls are very inexperienced, although they are eager to serve. The price was very high (I booked some 7 months ago) and was expecting a 5-star service, but we were very disappointed. The breakfast (which I separately paid for, Euro 12.50 a pop, at the counter) was very very average, no cooked breakfast, even an omlette and a coffee costed extra!! No serving of coffee at the table, it was just a machine serving all this.

Lovely location and the lemon drinking water at the foyer.

i stay two night. i find the shower room is not totally cleaned the second day, since there still lots of dropped hair there.

best location for museum lover. best loction for luxury brand shopping. helpful employees.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Sheets were dirty with hairs, there were no towels and the staff was boarderlien rude. Such a disappointment. Nothing like they sold them selves online. I would never recommend anyone to stay there.

The location, but there are so many hotels in the area anyways:

• Double or Twin Room

Well as I arrived I was happy until, at the front desk a large man spoke to us so disrespectfuly, I could barely believe it. Such a shame for a nice place to be represented by such a rude person.

• Double or Twin Room

Cleanliness , they given me the room in lower ground floor and the reason they stated that I am staying only for a day and hence they can not give me better rooms. The basement corridor was stinking. Horrible experience!

Location to City Center

• Double or Twin Room

It was no so clean . The window had mold and the courtain was too small that the sunlight came though as soon it was early in the morning .

The location is perfect . Just a few steps from leidsplein and the tram. It was comfortable and the bed really good. The personal was very friendly.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was extremely cold. The first assigned room had a bug crawling on the wall and heavy sewage smell. We were transferred to the external apartments building which the heat did not work and the appearance was overall ratty. There were marks and scuffs on the walls and dust on headboards.

Comfy bed

• Double or Twin Room

Heavily overpriced rooms The rooms are small The bathrooms are smaller The walls are paper thin The Staff is stressed and not trained. They charged me 3 times for my stay, because of unprofessional behaoviourand lapse of communication among themselves. On the checkout the supervisor figured out and started blaming her colleague.

Just the location.

• Double or Twin Room

My room was 15. The bed was uncomfortable and there wasn’t blankets. The shower didn’t work and the water was cold. The room was dirty (I found a shock in the bed). It was terrible

My experience was terrible. I’ll be never back

Room was small

Close to museums, very clean and safe location, friendly and helpful staff, close to good restaurants, easy to get to from airport via bus

• Double or Twin Room

Our room was decorated lovely but you could see that it could do with a bit of a freshen up, our plug was broken in the sink, cracked paint and the wallpaper above the tv was peeling. Nothing that effected our stay just little touches.

Hotel was clean and well presented. Plenty of option for the breakfast. Public toilets were always lovely and clean and so were bedrooms. Staff were helpful - great to have the bag storage so we could enjoy our last day and the location was absolutely spot on!

• Double or Twin Room

Room was a bit small and corridor outside was noisy with people coming and going all night. The bathroom was nice however the shower leaked all over the floor as door wouldn't shut properly. Room wasn't ready when we first arrived so we were told to go away and come back. Not too big of a deal as gave us a chance to see some sights.

Good location, right next to the Rijksmuseum so easy to find. Hotel was clean and staff friendly.

• Double or Twin Room

Couldn’t check in until 3pm even though it says 2pm on the website, rooms weren’t cleaned until 6pm so one night told the cleaner not to bother as wanted to freshen up. On the check out day we got a knock at 9am even though check out was 11am. Bottle of water 4 euros!!!

Location is great in the museum quarter and easy access to the tram

• Double or Twin Room

However, all the reviews about noise are sadly correct. How hard it is to close a bloody door quietly instead of letting it bang shut..........all night!! Walls are thin so we could hear next doors conversation word for word and hotel guest should really keep the chatter down when travelling back to their rooms after a certain time of night, maybe some signage in the corridors?

Lovely hotel in a perfect location. Breakfast has a very good choice and the staff were amazing.

• Double or Twin Room

Great location, plenty of choice at breakfast, staff were very helpful when we needed any help with directions. The rooms were perfect for a city break, had everything you need just a bit on the small side. Rooms had tv, hairdryer and a safe which is great.

Receptionist was not helpful

The room was very cold.. asked reception on 1st night for extra bedding was told they had none. Had to put my coat over blanket! Asked maid next morning and she was more helpful.. the corridor outside room was really smelly.. just average hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

Food in the bar area is little or non existent despite the sign that bar snacks are available.

The location is just perfect. In the busy museum quarter but quiet at night. the hotel is great value for money. We had stayed here before last year and had a few issues and as a result got a complimentary upgrade to one of the deluxe rooms....in my opinion it is well worth paying the extra money for this too. Bed was massive and really comfy.

• Double or Twin Room

Staff were friendly & approachable and always happy to help, the hotel was beautiful and clean throughout our stay. I would definitely stay again.

Browse Apollo Museumhotel Amsterdam City Centre traveller photo gallery