Reviews of NH Amsterdam Zuid 4 stars

Van Leijenberghlaan 221, Zuideramstel, 1082 GG Amsterdam, Netherlands

#222 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

Convenient to Amsterdam Zuid and Schipol
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing. It's a nice hotel.

Location convenient to Amsterdam Zuid and there is a great mall in walking distance. Also very convenient to airport .Nice, modern and clean and the staff were really nice.

Slow and circumstantial check in, noisy fan in the bathroom...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Slow and circumstantial check in, noisy fan in the bathroom that you can’t turn off, unnecessarily wasteful things: lights on when you take the room, shampoo and cream all in small plastic bottles. When they waste so much for a fake luxury at least they should not put a sign out to save energy on washing one less towel.

Affortable
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It's really far from the center where things happen. If you stay until too late on the streets you need to use taxi or Uber since the public transport is not 24/7. Regarding the room, the shower had problems to keep the temperature.

The location is really quiet. Everything was clean and bedroom was really comfortable.

Good place
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Good hotel. Nice, pretty big room with all necessary amenities. Great breakfast. You can see that some things could be restored, fixed etc. but in general good experience.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

I have been here for the 2nd time (1st in 2016) and I will be for the 3rd one without hesitation :)
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Laundry and ironing services.

Location of the hotel - especially this! (I love the apartment houses around the hotel: very nice and friendly). Access to tram, metro. Friendly staff. Breakfast very rich. Near shops or even Mall.

I was wonderful my 9months old baby girl, 6years old daughter and my wife we really enjoyed our trip
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Extra bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The only thing I recommend to give more attention and improvement is the gym needs more weights and machines.

I really liked the staff. They were so friendly and helpful. This's funny listen to this. I was in bathroom the one and the lobby my wife and our 6years old daughter knock on the door rushing me out since the bus (our transportation) is about to arrive. I rushed out running I looked all over the place, the lobby and bus stand station but there was no clue of them or the bus. They left me hahaha. Anyway there was a very nice, compassionate and young lady from the front desk she approached me and told me this "hi sir I think your wife and daughters had left with the bus" and was really?! They did! 😂 And she goes "I will ask the shuttle bus driver to drop off at the main station where you're actually going". I said yes, it is and Thad nk you very much. 👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾

The breakfast was very good and varied.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was very good and varied. Friendly staff. Room was big and nice. A shuttle bus from the hotel to the center was just great service. A peaceful environment.

- very nice staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

- the shuttle was too small and serves strictly according to a first-get-in-first-serve-principle, so if you’re waiting for 30 mins already but others reach the shuttle before you, once it arrives, you’re out.

- very nice staff - free (on the weekend) parking in front of the hotel - clean and spacious room - good breakfast (on the weekend until 12.00) - metro / tram station with direct connection to the city centre (one-way ride 3€) just 5-10 mins walking - free shuttle to the city centre (but see below)

Very good breakfast witn wide range of dishes, fresh fruits,...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is situated rather far from the center of Amsterdam. In takes around 30 min to get there by tram. In our room drier for towels did not work :)

Very good breakfast witn wide range of dishes, fresh fruits, tasty coffe. In the hall - free candies :)

The key card would just stop working all of a sudden and we...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Extra bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

The key card would just stop working all of a sudden and we would have to go all the way downstairs to get it sorted. On one day we went downstairs as much as 4 times so this was a bit of a nuisance, other than that I’ll stay was pleasant.

Very friendly staff especially in the bar and restaurant

As above

All good have stayed twice before as near to the university where my son was studying The only problem is slow checking in after a long journey of delays /problems ;the system was a slow after a crash and irritating

Excellent stay with good environment!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Extra bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

Its a bit confusing at first to find it in google map but once you overcome the issue, then you will have no problem whatsoever

The locatio of the hotel is so strategic as the bus stop just in front of the hotel.In addition, the room was nicely decorated and you will definitely love the size of the shower spot

The staff was super helpful.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with Extra bed (2 Adults + 1 Child)

My main issue was I reserved a rate much lower than we ended up getting charged. We ended paying more for two nights than we originally planned for three. $$$$ And no air conditioning in July! The location is far from the city center and our air conditioning didn’t work.

The staff was super helpful.

I booked 3 rooms for 7 people, they had a problem with the...

I booked 3 rooms for 7 people, they had a problem with the system, and finally they offered 4 rooms for all of us and one was for free (incl. free mini bar!)

ok
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

it's a pity that the request we made a week in advance to have an extra bed in the room and that was agreed to hadn't taken place and we arrived very tired with the children and had to explain the sutuation again.

Good location to Amstelpark where I was working.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The elevators and common areas were filthy! Unbelievably dirty. The room was OK - no adjustable thermostat, no ironing board and iron in room, both hair dryers broke and bathtub was so slippery without bath mat that I almost fell a few times.

Good location to Amstelpark where I was working.

Customer service; not included.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning didn't work well at all, beds were uncomfortable, and when I asked three times to try to get the room temperature resolved, the staff were very unhelpful.

Leaving?

Comfortable stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

-Free parking -Friendly & cooperative staff -Comfortable bed -Complementary mini bar(7th floor) -Supermarket close-by -10 min. Walk to tram station -Daily complementary croissants and fruits in the reception area

Modern
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Check in and out took forever! Staff refused to change my room and pretended the hotel was fully booked (had 2 single beds and bathroom was smelly)

Modern

A Good Base for Exploring
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

When we tried to leave our room we realized the door wouldn’t lock. We called reception who sent someone to replace the batteries. This was only a minor inconvenience but it could have been more troubling if we hadn’t noticed from the start. Also the TV remote didn’t quite work. The duvet was just two single duvets on a double bed which was rather annoying as they kept separating. Planes fly over the hotel quite low and quite often which is something to be aware of but isn’t too bothersome.

The hotel was nicely decorated in a modern style with very friendly and helpful staff. The bed was comfortable and there was a mini fridge which we could use for our own food which was useful. Even though the hotel is quite far outside the city centre it’s very easy to get the 5 tram into town from around the corner. The area felt very safe as well and was pleasant to walk around to get away from the hustle and bustle. We were able to leave our luggage with the hotel on the last day so we could do some more exploring. Schiphol Airport is just a 15 minute bus ride and 15 minute train journey away. I would recommend this hotel for people who are planning a nice quiet visit to Amsterdam for a reasonable price.

Poor value for money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

- The hotel is not close to the city center (30 minutes with bus and metro) - The room was not ready when we arrived (at 3:30pm) so we had to wait (not long though). However the room was not clean as we would expect when we pay EUR 200 per night. - We requested the room to be cleaned before the second night, but we did not see much difference. - The king bed is great but come on... with two individual blankets?! - The sauna timer was broken.

- The king bed was very confortable. - The breakfast was good. - The staff was great.

I was charged a room tax that I wasn't told about before.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast cost was very high in relation to quality. Undisclosed room tax.

I was charged a room tax that I wasn't told about before. They also charged me for breakfast although they didn't tell me it wasn't included when I checked in.

The room was really beautiful, clean and comfortable.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was really beautiful, clean and comfortable. The staff was really nice to us all the time. However we had to travel almost like 30 mins to the central, I guess it was worth it.

Good stay, will be using this hotel frequently
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Only downside I had was that the television in the room didn't have a wide selection of English channels to choose from. And the floor was marked badly in the room I occupied.

Breakfast was excellent, good selection to choose from. Hotel spotless, nice to have the choice of a bath or shower at check in.

The staff was polite and nice, like typical dutch culture :)
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

That they ask (hotel policy) for a deposit for the mini bar in advance. I don't recall any of the last 10 hotels I've stayed at to request this at check in. They normally ask when you check out if you consumed and pay then. Not to block 50 eur in advance. That shows lack of trust and respect for the client, also given that I've traveled business with my wife, not like hobos. The location is further away from center than I thought. Expect to travel for 50 minutes with public transport to reach it. Make sure you call an Uber or Taxi instead.

The staff was polite and nice, like typical dutch culture :)

Quality/Price
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The minibar (snickers, cola, etc) should be included in the price for a better customer experience.

The location was wonderful, nice Amsterdamish parks near, minor distances to public transportation. Good room service and friendly people at each post.

Quality in general should be improved
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

- room service meals delayed lot (they clearly forgot them) - the controller of air conditioner at the room was out of order, they set the temperature 21,5 degrees which was absolutely too cold. I was freezing and it took time to be fixed.

Bath

The relaxing place.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The television (its not very modern, we couldn't connect the phone with the tv). Also the room was cold because it wasnt working the air conditioner. But they gave us a small heater.

The big bed, the efficient room service, the free wather and fruit in the entrance of the hotel and the clean service. Also the pizzas from the nh hotel tasted very nice.

VERY CONVENIENT FOR THE UNIVERSITY RESIDENCES, COMFORTABLE ,CLEAN MODERN HOTEL ,VERY GOOD VALUE FOR

AS ABOVE

I HAD ASKED FOR SINGLE BEDS AND HAD RECEIVED AN EMAIL SAYING THESE WERE BEING PROVIDEDBUT THEY WERE NOT : AFTER A LONG TIRING JOURNEY I COULD NOT BE BOTHERED TO RAISE THIS AND WAIT WHILST IT WAS SORTED OTHERWISE THE STAY WAS PERFECT ;ALL THE STAFFWERE VERY FRIENDLY EXTRA HELPFUL GOING OUT OF THEIR WAY TO ASSIST/ MAKE SUGGESTIONS

Staff were very help and very approachable.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Sauna was out of order and that was one of the reasons I booked with NH, was disappointed. Good value for money if sauna was working.

Staff were very help and very approachable. Close to tram so easy access to Dam Square and Centraal. Room was clean, nothing fancy and had a comfy bed. Bed was bigger than a king size. Did us well for a weekend away.

We had a comfortable stay, but the room could have been cleaner.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bathtub could be cleaner and the floor were dusty. The room needs to be renovated because the walls were dirty. We were charged an additional 50 eur when we arrived without being notified of this condition. The 50 eur was refunded at end of our stay. There is no hotel shuttle to the airport.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Everyone was welcoming and friendly
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms didn’t feel relaxing They were very office like would of been nice to have carpet and somewhere nice to sit. I also ask for a bath and did t get one

Everyone was welcoming and friendly

We loved the large bath and the breakfast was amazing!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was a pain to get to and from central Amsterdam because of the location of the hotel. But we will know for next time and try one of the other NH locations we saw in town.

We loved the large bath and the breakfast was amazing! :)

Very good hotel for business purposes
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Location is not superb, you'll need to take bus or have a 10-15 mins walk to get to train or metro. Breakfast is quite expensive and is not a value for money (20 euro)

Very good hotel for business purposes Clean rooms, friendly personal, good WiFi

recommended
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I visited NN in November and in the room was freezing! AC seemed not to work, at least not to warm the romm but to cool

very reach breakfast, very very nice staff, they even gave us coffee during the day for free

The place was beautifully decorated, staff was really...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Location to the city centre was far for walking. Taxi are not easily available so use an Uber if you need

The place was beautifully decorated, staff was really friendly and helpful

Great comfortable stay and very easy to get to from the airport, and to access the city centre.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

More information about having to pay a deposit would have been appreciated. I also thought they could have given more information about how to get to the city centre, or even to have provided a map would have been great. We took a very slow tram to the city on the first day, and then discovered a quicker way the next, it would have been great to have received this information upon arrival.

A very comfortable stay at the NH Amsterdam Zuid, it was all very easy and quick to check in, and the rooms were clean. it was also very quiet, so an excellent night sleeps was had especially after walking around the city all day! We did not eat here, but you can add this if you like. Tip: Don't take bus 62 and then tram 4 to get to the centre from here, it's much quicker to walk 8 minutes to take tram 5 which goes to central station and stops through the city centre.

Amazing will be returning
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

More bar food type options re food. There is a deposit required upon check in that isn't mentioned however this is given bk on check out and covers bar and mini bar if you want it to. taxes are added on top of room to. Staff are flexible if this needs to be paid by cash. However be prepared to have the extra money available. I believe this is the same for all hotels and this one is a fairly low deposit at 50 💶

The room was lovely. Bedwas super comfy. Very clean with mini bar safe and TV. WiFi also. Large bathroom with shower. Excellent hotel. Away from hassle and bustle but easy to access everywhere with either bus outside or short walk to metro stop. sound proof rooms mean no disturbance. No local takeaways or pubs in evening but nice bar in hotel and a supermarket short walk away... Would highly recommend.... 24 hr reception allowed us to check in 10 hours early for a small fee .. Reception gave us a map and helped us re directions ....

Location is quite good, South of Amsterdam is great, bit...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We thought its a bit pricy for the room

Location is quite good, South of Amsterdam is great, bit away from tourists, easy access to highways and good food in the direct area. walking distances to musea and restaurants.

Well located and appointed hotel

Very little actually

Very nice business hotel. Well located with good connections. Rooms are modern and well sized. Bathrooms especially good with heated floors. Nice touch !

NH Zuid
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The only thing wrong with the hotel was the price of beer and the location. A shuttle bus to the tram or train station would go a long way.

The staff couldn't do enough for you. The hotel was clean and modern with beautiful works of art. The food was top notch.

Good value for money.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very fast room service, however the food quality on the menu is not what I expect from a 4 starts hotel. The building seems to be an old office building transformed into a hotel, very slow and dirty elevators.

Good value for money. Very fast room service.

I will not book this nice hotel for next Amsterdam Marathon if they don’t learn from this year!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very disappointing that the breakfastrestaurant did NOT extraordinary opend an hour earlier. The Hotel knew that a participants at the Amsterdam Marathon, guests at the hotel, needed to eat a solid breakfast earlier because of the early start at the marathon:(

Very fine breakfast and rooms.

Overall it was good
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The beds have two single duvets and it's really uncomfortable for couples who are use to a double duvet.

It was very clean and close to transport star was very friendly and gave us a free breakfast for my partners bday

An amazing and outstanding stay in such a lovely hotel thanks to the generosity of the lovely staff!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff was very friendly and helpful when questions were answered and staff made sure that our stay was met with comfort and a memorable experience. The breakfast was more than amazing as it supplied and catered for all needs.

Worst hotel experience.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I was supposed to stay there for 3 days but I had to check out the next day because of reasons below. The heater(and climate control system) in my hotel room was not working, it was freezing in the room. The reception was not very helpful when I asked to fix it. I could not sleep at all. The lifts were not clean. The flooring in my room was not clean. I have stayed in other NH hotels before which were good, however, the ZUID one was really awful!

Excellent for business, meeting people and good access to both city and airport
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The sick drain was clogged, a little bit of maintenance would be better

Comfortable room, great space. Position is a good trade-off for access to both airport and city-center by public transportation. Good service and nice staff.

The design and the location of the hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

For me absolutely not acceptable to ask for my credit card full details in order to book and to ask for services from the hotel. I forgot my shoes non assistance on that till now

The design and the location of the hotel

Very good breakfast.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel is a bit old. No water bottle on check-in offered, so bad news if you are dehydrated after the fllight and Albert Heijn in Schiphol is closed.

Very good breakfast. Hotel director personally took control about remark for bathroom cleaningness

You would get better treatment at a B&B it ain't worth the money
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

They don't say anything about the pricing of the minibar which was €50 deposit weather you use it or not, plus the €19 hotel charge so you have just paid €70 before you even put ur bags down in the room, in my 5yrs years of traveling to Amsterdam this is my 1st bad experience at a hotel, staff were rude especially the manager she was so disrespectful.

There was nothing to like at the property.

We had a wonderful time in Amsterdam and actually looked forward to going back at nights to NH Zuid
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was a very nice hotel 30 min bus/ tram ride to city center. If you want night life stay closer to city center as bus 62 and tram stop running a little after midnight

Beds were very comfy?

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff were very helpful when changing our room at check-in and especially helpful when assisting with my inability to figure out how to use the TV at 2am. Very comfortable bed and lovely bathroom. It was very quick to travel from Schiphol airport to Amsterdam Zuid station and then 3 stops on the metro/ tram. The walk from the tram stop to the hotel was about 7minutes in a nice and safe area. Location is perfect for business travelers. We were mostly in the centre and travel by tram and metro was easy.

Loved the bed and the bathroom facilities .
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I didn't like I couldn't open the window and breakfast wasn't included

Loved the bed and the bathroom facilities . The room is really confortável and pretty

The food was good.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The food was good. The options on the restaurant menu and room service were great. really authentic and delicious. The property was a bit too far out I wasn't aware when I booked it and the staff were not particularly helpful with giving best directions on public transport.

The location was excellent.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

On several occasions we were disrupted by the cleaning staff well before 11am whilst the do not disturb sign was on the door. It was extremely inconvenient ansd annoying.

The location was excellent. The staff was friendly. Easy to access public transit.

It was a really nice stay at NH Amsterdam Zuid, the staff...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was a really nice stay at NH Amsterdam Zuid, the staff are extremely helpful and friendly, with special thanks to Roxanne who was very informative. I just wished that the hotel had allowed early check in without a charge like most hotel, especially since the room was already available. Very convenient, 10 mins walk to tram and metro which went into Central and within walking distance to a new Geraldplien shopping mall with lots of restaurants, unfortunately we only discovered on our last day. Also within walking distance to Amstel Park which was great for kids.

The room was nice and was very modern.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I ordered a pizza from room service expecting a home made pizza (considering the price was €11 roughly) and got a pizza clearly from a box and was burnt. I ordered a goat cheese salad which was said to have pine nuts and grilled zucchini, which didn't have either of them. Was ripped off and over priced

The room was nice and was very modern.

Ok for a business trip in the area
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Elevators are old, I ended up walking as I was concerned it would stuck. No welcome bottle of water, that's really upsetting when checking in late

Breakfast is good, staff is friendly, internet is good

Very nice staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We had breakfast and for some reason it was not written down onto our room. When we later told this on the check out the lady told us that it is ok and that we don't need to pay!

Very spacious, comfortable room with ensuite.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very spacious, comfortable room with ensuite. We stayed 3 nights and found the hotel very quiet, the beds were extremely comfortable which meant our stay felt very relaxed. Fantastic range of food for breakfast, definitely something for everyone and it all tasted great.

A perfectly satisfactory stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room itself was a bit 'tired' and not spotlessly clean, some hairs on the chairs etc, though the bedding and towels were absolutely clean.

Room facilities were excellent and parking outside the hotel was free, which was great. It's also free at weekends in the surrounding area which is also useful.

Brilliant short break getaway destination
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel is easy to get to. Tram 4 from central station and bus 62 from station RAI. Rooms are finished to a high standard and beds are really comfy. The buffet style breakfast is great value.

Great location, service and breakfast!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Small rooms that can take 3 people max. We were traveling with 3 kids. We had to jam in a suite and pay the difference.

Great service. Close by the airport and the city center. Great breakfast.

The condition is good but is a little bit expensive for what I got.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No coffee machine in the room. Also you have to pay for every extra hour even I only ask for staying until 1 pm.

The room is clean and the breakfast is good with lots of choice.

Short summer holiday in Amsterdam
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We had expensive stay (130 €/night without breakfast). The price-quality ratio was not so good as the hotel is slightly outdated and no more special than average hotel.

We slept and rested very well in the room: it was dark and silent at night and the bed was just perfect. Everything worked fine. Breakfast was complete and delicious although it was not included in the room price. Good connection by public transportation, interesting surrounding.

Comfortable accomodation in a quiet area
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

1. Breakfast, while generous was expensive relative to what was available at restaurants within walking distance from the hotel. 2. We were surprised at the amount of additional taxes added to our bill upon our departure. This should have been indicated at the time of booking in order to make a fair comparison to other hotels as well as different types of accommodation.

Staff were helpful with our questions and the rooms were comfortable and quiet. We were also happy to be allowed early access to the rooms.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Great find close to airport
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Good hotel reasonably close to airport. Staff were really pleasant, made me feel very welcome and valued. Excellent service and tasty food from their restaurant area.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Very good business hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel is a bit outside of city centre though one can get to the tram after about a 10 minute walk.

The room was clean, comfortable and modern. Breakfast was good and fresh. Professional conference facilities as well as organisation.

Hotel very modern and comfortable, enjoyed the spacious...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel very modern and comfortable, enjoyed the spacious rooms and king size bed, did not realise how far out from city centre it was. Would have booked another NH hotel in city centre if we had realised, However public transport and being able to walk about easily made it easy to access the city centre.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Good for short stay if other options nearby are unavailable
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

1) please fix toilet pan in room 305 - even after cleaninig our room some unpleasant smell comes out of it 2) please notify your guests more clearly how order for laundry should be requested (I left it in the room as usually do in other hotels instead of bringing downstairs as it turned out in NH) 3) please ask cleaning lady to pay attention to table desks :) 4) Read invoice at check-out attentively - some duplications in charges might happen :)

Refreshments at lobby area, fitness center, and sauna. Though 20 minutes are not enough to warm sauna up (notification 20 mins in advance is required).

Great hotel for business travellers
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Can't open the window to the room - A/C was stuffy

The room is exactly what a business traveller needs - has a good desk and chair and a socket for all things that need charging. The staff at the reception was friendly and attentive to all my needs. When I asked for a late check-out they immediately gave me until 4pm without extra charge.

Would expect better from NH
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

When I arrived in the hotel at 23:45, the staff informed me that there was a leakage on one of the floors and they were unable to rent out the room. They rebooked me to NH in Amsterdam city centre. It's oke if you have a problem that's out of your control, but then it's all about how you manage this problem. They failed miserably with this! They didn't call me, which would have been much better as I just came from the centre. I got a smaller room in the city centre and I lost 1 hour of sleep. They barely apologised for the inconvenience. Apart from this, the bed is terrible. It's like sleeping on a rock. The shower barely worked and the breakfast is bad value for money. Wouldn't recommend to stay here.

Horrendous experience at NH Amsterdam Hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I booked four rooms at this hotel for my family and friends. I was extremely disappointed with the level of service they provided. Because of the incompetent staff we wasted a lot of time with issues that were rather trivial. 1) In general, the communication with the staff was very poor. Almost every request (e.g., extra bed, faulty cooling system) needed a follow-up because either the staff forgot to address it or it wasn't completely understood. Even when I asked for the manager of the hotel, the staff at the desk seemed puzzled and somewhat reluctant to my request. 2) Prior to my family arrival I double-checked with the hotel that everything was paid and in good order. However, on the evening of their arrival, my family had to wait 1 hour to check-in late in the evening because of the incompetent staff who couldn't find the evidence of my payment.

1) Located relatively close to the Amsterdam Zuid train station, the hotel is quite easy to reach from the airport and it takes just 15 minutes by bike or tram to get to the city center in the Leidseplein area. 2) The rooms are very spacious relative to the typical Dutch hotel rooms in Amsterdam.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Massive bed, nice bathroom, bikes on site to rent and...

Bit out of the way but the tram/metro was only about 8mins down the road

Massive bed, nice bathroom, bikes on site to rent and welcome fruit/water was nice. Helpful staff

Completely over priced for what it is.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Completely over priced for what it is. Hotel itself felt like a throw back to the 70's. I believe it was a converted school. Rather depressing feel to it.