Reviews of NH Amsterdam Noord 4 stars

Distelkade 21, Amsterdam Noord, 1031 XP Amsterdam, Netherlands

#148 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

Great for a weekend treat..
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The bar shut at 10pm..whats that all about. The maid service in the morning was not to the standard that I would expect in that class of hotel.

Lovely room with a great view of Amsterdam. Very comfortable, clean and a lovely size room..with an Nespresso ..nice touch. They have a free shuttle bus into the centre of the city which is worth it's weight in gold as getting about in Amsterdam is ok but don't take a car. A lovely breakfast with good times especially at the weekend.

exceeds expectations!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

First of all the staff, smiley and professional, very nice. The location out of city center but it allows you to park the car and go to the ferry just 10 minutes walk, all very convenient. Breakfast was also excellent.

Ok hotel for short stay, a bit far from center
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I found a piece of black hair on the sink when we arrived, that was a disappointmemt. Bed was a bit soft for me, but it’s a question of personal preference, my partner found it ok. The hotel is far from the center, you need to use their shuttle service. We used it 4 times. Once we had to take the boat, then the car was waiting for us on the other side. It wasn’t the hotel’s fault, they wanted to avoid the traffic jams. Still, you need to take it into consideration that this can happen and can take extra time. An other time we had to wait 40 minutes for the car that we could have used better.. The 2 other times the shuttle was perfect and we waited only for 5-10 minutes which is great. We didn’t know how to switch off the air conditioning for the night (it made a noise), but it was 2 am so we didn’t ask the reception; better to ask this earlier.

Very nice and modern room, well equipped, even had a mini fridge! Kettle with coffee/tea. We liked the shuttle service, but it was a bit complicated to use it. We didn’t have time to explore the neighbourhood, but we saw that there is a supermarket and small shops by walking distance from the hotel. Staff at reception was nice, especially the lady on the day of our arrival. Hotel well guarded with high fences and security staff.

Cold
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The shuttle doesn't always run to a certain time. SO on a cold day you could wait outside in the city waiting for the shuttle.

The heating did not work on the second night. I got a noisy portable heater which I switched off on sleeping and consequently woke up freezing.

Very good price - value.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Check-in not very pleasant At12h30 we could not check-in easily because we had requested a twin bedroom, which was not available. We had to take a kingsize bedroom.

Shuttle service very good & efficient, very convenient. Parking excellent & safe !

Although it is out of the city centre you can avail of a...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Although it is out of the city centre you can avail of a free shuttle bus that goes every 15 minutes into the city centre it only takes 7 minutes. I would definitely stay again.

Recomended!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Actualy, I cant think about something that I didnt like.

Very nice staff, the shutle to amsterdam center was excelent. Free acces to gym. Breackfast very nice and complete. Quality - price very acomplished.

Lovely and clean, very comfy beds and rooms.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The price of the breakfast was scandalous- €35.80. All I got was 2 glasses if Apple juice and a few rashes and a slice if toast

Lovely and clean, very comfy beds and rooms.

Comfortable
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was comfortable and had everything I needed for my stay. I hired a bike to get to my course, though the retaining fee was a bit step at 500 Euros. The hotel isn't so close to the city, a 25 minute walk which was great for me as I needed to do some walking, but not for everyone. However it is very close to buses which seemed to work well for another person on the same course.

I arrived half an hour after midnight, 1.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I arrived half an hour after midnight, 1.5h after making the reservation. The initial response from the staff was that they could not accept me as the financial system was closed for the day (my credit card had been charged). Only when I wanted to turn around they changed their mind. Very strange for an established hotel chain like this.

full of discomfort
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Don't fall for the free shuttle trap. We had to wait so long everytime we tried to take it in front of the NH Barbizon Hotel in the center or we had to take the ferry (and got soaked in the rain/snow) or taxi (20-30 euros!). They always had an excuse for why the shuttle doesn't show up. Too much traffic, the crowded city center, the driver is having lunch etc. We ordered room service once and they brought the wrong soft drink so we called the reception and asked for them to change it. The answer we got was shockingly rude: "do you know how many people are waiting for something right now from the kitchen? I can only send the correct one an hour later." Staff at the reception were always very cold, uninterested and non responsive to our concerns/problems. The morning after the new year's eve, the breakfast room was closed. They said the man who works there was called sick. How come one person don't show up on work and the whole area for breakfast stay closed is beyond me. The variety on the breakfast was not good and rich. It was the same everyday, not even a single thing added for a change ever. Also the breakfast area was freezing. We had to sit with our coats in there. The personnel (mentioned above) who works there by himself was sulky all the time, never greeted us with a smile ever the whole time.

Convenient, clean and friendly
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I would really recommend this hotel to people visiting Amsterdam. The hotel was lovely with great facilities, specifically the shuttle bus to Amsterdam central was a very valuable service and saved us so much money on taxis!

The king size bed was perfect,breakfast was pretty good...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms was pretty decent but it seems they need renovation

The king size bed was perfect,breakfast was pretty good,bathroom was brand new and the shuttle bus service was very useful

Would recommend this hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff were very friendly and helpful. The free shuttle bus service was excellent. It ran back and forward to it’s sister hotel very 20 mins, which is a 5 minute walk from the train station. The town area the hotel is based in was lovely, plenty of places to eat. The ferry is only a 10 minute walk from the hotel, it runs every 3 mins 24/7 and takes you directly to the train station. The bar was very homely. The room it’s self was good, cleaned by room service everyday. Has all your needs, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, kettle, fridge, etc.

Generally The stay was pleasant
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Shuttle service was a great facility however when coming back to hotel in the evening it was a free for all and was unable to get in the shuttle bus due to people jumping the queue. Usually delta airline staff!!!! Need a bigger bus or more order.

Hotel, staff.

Top notch location, offering real comfort and style!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything the hotel had to offer was excellent. The food was great, the room was beautiful and very comfy! The gym was clean and had had great equipment! The shuttle was an excellent service, it ran all day until 12 at night!

Would re visit. Good staff, service and location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Excellent rooms and cleanliness. Good location just outside the city but they offer a excellent shuttle service free of charge that will take you to the central station. Dam square is approx 10 min walk from there.

Excellent hotel, great base to explore the city. Parking a real bonus for a driving holiday.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

My birthday was recognised with a bottle of wine in the room! Hotel v.quiet and comfortable (many flight crew staying bears that out) Shuttle bus into the city centre was reliable and quick.

Great location, clean and friendly hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was misleading as we wasn’t impressed with the options available and the hot food was cold.

The room was very clean and comfortable. We also liked the fact that the location of the hotel was just outside of the city centre and requires you to get the free ferry or use the free shuttle service. The hotel also had a lively pub.

Good for it’s shuttle service.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Cleanliness- room wasn’t cleaned and basic amenities were not replenished. We ordered breakfast for the first night but cancelled after as it was terrible.

The shuttle service.

disgusted, overpriced 1* quality hotel!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

i disliked everything! please stay clear of this hotel if you di not want to get robbed! the cleaners stole my belongings & the hotel staff (henry) charged my bank card €100 extra after i left the country without me authorising payment & when i contacted him he just laughed & hung the phone up! there thiefs! i hope nobody else gets this treatment as this was what they did on my birthday! disgusting!!!

nothing this is a very unproffesional hotel!

There is no complimentary water
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There is no complimentary water The people in concierge not smiling at all and one of them when i asked him about the free chattel he responded without looking at me !!

Fantastic Stay. Great for everything!!

Nothing. All brilliant.

Fantastic location. Free shuttle bus or close by ferry into city. Staff couldn't do anything more to help. Breakfast fabulous with gluten free options which was a bonus. Amazing trip and we'll be returning for sure.

Helpfull personel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Helpfull personel. Included baby bed. Nice breakfast, but the scrambled eggs could be better. Effective shuttle service to center of town. Easy to park.

great staff, terrible wifi - couldn't get any work done
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

wifi network is way too restrictive - I tried to access my development server online and could not do so. Really don't understand why an hotel feels it needs to put in additional restrictions to those put in place by ISP - I am a paying guest, not an employee. nice to have kettle and instant coffee in room, but would then make sense to also have milk.

hotel staff were super nice and helpful, both in reception and breakfast room comfy bed, very nice recently renovated room

The rooms were spacious and clean.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is included and a lovely variety to choose from. The cutlery and glassware were not cleaned well. I found it difficult to find clean cups, glasses and cutlery. Some attention should be paid to that

The rooms were spacious and clean. Every comfort catered for. Beds are also comfortable which is often a problem at hotels. It's a great hotel. Very helpful and friendly staff.

A very comfortable stay in a good location with easy access to the city centre.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We weren't impressed with the cooked breakfast though admittedly, we were quite late. For us, it wasn't good value.

The property was located close enough to the ferry making access to and from the city very easy. The hotel shuttle bus was also useful. The location was also good because it was in a quiet area. We enjoyed the very pleasant bar for a nightcap and a game of pool after a tiring day in the city. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Nice stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We booked just s few days before arriving so it was pricey.

Very nice room. We appreciated the wheelchair friendly accompdations for our room. We also appreciated the shuttle service to and from the city center. The breakfast was very nice.

Fantastic
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

breakfast little pricey and accommodation also pricy plus I didn't know about the additional taxes so I didn't factor that in. however staff and food really good and perfect location..especially when you need to be aware for the noise of the centre.

We were celebrating daughter 18 so we got in a early hours via boat and staff were amazing

Good location, good staff, worthy experience
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Just a tad pricey than I'd hoped, but all-in-all the experience was worth it.

The rooms, the staff, the facility of the free shuttle to city center!

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Bad hotel receptionist.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bad hotel receptionist. Lazy with work. Tried to push me away for invoice request. Using computer as excuses for their unprofessional reacts. Bad experience ever. Bad public transportation to city. Not wise for money as tourism

Private hotel for Delta Air crew members.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Its like a pirvate hotel for delta air. They start cleaning the rooms to early and you cant sleep later than 07:30 because of the sound from vacum cleaners and stuff like that. After 00:00 the door is locked the bar closes at 22:00 even on weekends and there is no real food only fast food. We got locked out site ( around 02:00 ) for 30 minutes I had to call the service number and the called someone to come and open for us.

The room was nice and the shuttle service to get down town is awsome.

Nice stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bathroom have no water connection close to the flusher. We are as Muslims have to clean after using the Hammam but the water hose is not provided or at least some sort of water cleaning facility similar to the flusher

Location is away from the heavy traffic and the city center crowd roads

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Great shuttle servoce to downtown Amsterdam!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room on first floor back view to parking lot Lack of peace and quiet due to loud service staff in the corridor

Very polite sevice and reception staff Frequent shuttle service downtown

My favourite hotel in Amsterdam
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Free car park. Hotel very quiet and well located. Charming and helpful staff members. On my birthday, I found some wine and a lovely birthday card in my room and, later, I was offered some yummy food. I was delighted! I have been staying in this hotel once or twice a year for a few years.

Very nice stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was very nice, big and confort bed. the bathroom was full equiped. and the most important thing, the hotel offered frree shuttle to the centre (heart of Amsterdam) every 15 minuts untill 00:00 pm. that was really good and unexpected. also free parking for cars. nice service, very good breakfast.

Excellent stay in Amsterdam
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

nothing except weather in end of february

Staff is really warmly welcoming and helpful, price is great for 4 stars hotel, the pub inside the hotel is great. Shuttle bus to city is going every 15 mon and great.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Good stay for short trips
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Security personnel has been rude. It was difficult to find my room. My room 181 was not after 180 in sequence. So there was confusion. Room curtains had stains. Room was smelly. Bathroom not that clean.

Staff is very friendly at the counter. Very quick check-in.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

The Help and professionalism of security guy Hussien who...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel facilities, corridors, elevators and rooms need so much refurbishment to transfer totally the characteristics of the building from a hospital (was original) into a hotel 4 stars!! *A lot of noises, loud trolleys running in the corridors when housekeepers start morning cleaning! **Advise don't take a room next to service rooms (housekeepers) **Cleaning of the bathrooms and smells! ***Curtains rusty and need immediately change

The Help and professionalism of security guy Hussien who dealt with my complaint at 05:00 am! and the shuttle driver was so friendly and connected with guests

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Free shuttle bus every 15mins from the hotel to the city,...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

You are not in the city of Amsterdam, but you have different (and free) ways to get there, so not a big deal :) and wifi didn't work in our room (wasn't a problem for us) but in the rest of the hotel was great

Free shuttle bus every 15mins from the hotel to the city, and way back (it takes around 10mins to get there). It also were the free boat (from the hotel it's around 10mins walk then you can take that boat and in 1min you are at the central station of Amsterdam). Shuttle bus from 9am til 12am, and boat 24/7 (i think) . Almost all the staff was kind and helpful. The room was big and cleand everyday.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Good value for money; don't stay there for free wifi
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

They claim free wifi, but the free wifi is absolutely terrible, takes forever to even check emails. You need to pay 10 euro / day for the "enhanced wifi" version.

Clean; friendly staff; decent sized room.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Location is great, just disappointed with some staff attitude
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There is no system for the shuttle bus which results in long waits when people appear out of nowhere and disregard if you were waiting. Not directly an issue for the hotel but some sort of ticket system would help this. Particularly for large groups who are holidaying together. A payment card does not 'hold' your room. They pre authorise it before hand. We had 7 rooms so my card took a battering and I have still not had funds returned to my account. This was not made clear and The staff were not prepared to listen to this and were not helpful. This was after showing them the booking conditions. Reception could also use some training on serving people in order as more than 3 people were seen to after we had been stood politely waiting.

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Shuttle bus to centre was used regularly and didn't take long. Drivers of shuttle were lovely and helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Brilliant hotel with excellent staff and shuttle bus is superb.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The pillows were very poor. Different sizes and very flat although I have read that new pillows and mattresses will be getting updated in some rooms soon.

Superior room was big and clean, staff were excellent and the free bus is a brilliant service and probably the best thing. Without it probably wouldn't stay here again but looks like it's a big part of the hotel.

Nice but Far
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the location and time of the shuttle to the city center. would need earlier shuttle. this is hotel for business, means, that we have to work in the morning, earlier then 09:00. i was also disappointed to learn that the sister Nh hotel close to the central station is not willing to keep baggage of NH noord. it just create another travel to Noord....

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Everything was perfect.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything was perfect....nice room..nice breakfast...location Good because of free shuttle bus every 15mins...nice fitness room.....very friendly personnel

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Desk attendants were very polite and very helpful
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Some of the hotel's shuttle bus drivers didn't appear keen on their job and weren't professional

Desk attendants were very polite and very helpful

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Good service by the staff, frequent shuttle to the ferry
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The whole hotel looks kind of used. A lot of things are slightly damaged e.g. The curtains were dirty, the bench in the room showed traces of usage, the reception of the TV was bad

Good service by the staff, frequent shuttle to the ferry

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Brilliant stay, would definitely recommend.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There wasn't anything about the hotel we did not like.

-The staff were brilliant and very friendly. -The king size bed was perfect after a long day in Amsterdam. -The food was very tasty. -The free shuttle bus into Amsterdam was very reliable.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Maybe an extra shuttle service at busy times, although a taxi was supplied at no charge on the one occasion.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Breakfast as good as you get in any 4 star.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Would definitely stay again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Despite having the 'do not disturb' sign up the cleaning staff kept knocking on the door and one was obviously unhappy about us still being in the room when she wanted to change the bed linen.

Shuttlebus service was very handy. Room was clean and comfortable and the bathroom was lovely. My son loved the gym.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Big hotel, but for reasonable price (for Amsterdam).
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Quite away from city, but shutte bus goes to the centre for free very often. The rooms could be cleaner.

Big hotel, but for reasonable price (for Amsterdam). Very kind personal, rooms quiet, with coffe/tea, good bed.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Excellent stay at NH Amsterdam Noord!!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff of the hotel was great, the drivers of the shuttle bus very friendly, cosy bed, very quiet room, nice breakfest. I will come back at this hotel without hesitation.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Reception lady Maria from Spain made a big difference.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Reception lady Maria from Spain made a big difference. She advised us about room upgrade and showed a few rooms for us to choose. On top of that she was very helpful with each of our requests.

Parking

Parking Free shuttle to center

Recommended for families
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No amenities accessible by foot

Rooms are spacious and clean

awesome hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

nice room with an ok view its a great place to stay at after you're going to walk around the city

Amsterdam

Little bet expensive

Good staff. Great location. Shuttle services

The facility is OK the soap and shampoo is wonderful.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No snacks or water in the fridge to buy.

The facility is OK the soap and shampoo is wonderful.

We had a lovely stay and would recommend this hotel to family and friends
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms were spacious and the bed was so comfortable. the free shuttle into the city was amazing, we were seriously so impressed with this service.

Would Recommend very friendly and clean

Staff were very helpful

Location is good but staff not
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

They do not care about guests , since the have contract with delta air they focus on the crew and offer them good rooms

The Gym is very good

Security is excellent

No luggage service

Security is excellent

Enjoyed it overall
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was same everyday.. needed variety

Eggs were very well made staff friendly and helpful

The staff where outstanding, nothing was too much.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff where outstanding, nothing was too much. I will 100% be back.

The room, parking and shuttle service were excellent
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bar food was mediocre and service was not with a smile

The room, parking and shuttle service were excellent

Clean and comfrotable hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff were not very friendly

This hotel was in a good location for us

Fantastic

Nothing, exceptional hotel

The spacious rooms, the massive bed and the cleanliness of the hotel

Transfer to the city center

Transfer to the city center

Staff !
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff !! Omg people make you feel very comfortable and welcoming ! Tim and Qaader are the best.

Its far from everyting

Its so easy to access with the fee shuttle service from...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Its so easy to access with the fee shuttle service from amsterdam central offered by the hotel.

I was comfortable and good ride from hotel to central train station + u can walk around dam square.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Not maintain passage and lift

Room

Very efficient and polite staff, high standand of cleanliness.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was overpriced,so we ate outside of hotel

The bed was very comfortable

No complains :)

No complains :)

The location was great, the staff were friendly and the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The location was great, the staff were friendly and the hotel was clean