Reviews of NH Amsterdam Museum Quarter 4 stars

Hobbemakade 50, Oud Zuid, 1071 XL Amsterdam, Netherlands

#202 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Mattress was hard and I slept very well on it.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was no ceiling lamp in the center of the room, it felt a bit dark because of this.

Mattress was hard and I slept very well on it. Very close to De Pijp and the museums.

Poor room layout-the bed was adjacent to the entry door
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with View

Poor room layout-the bed was adjacent to the entry door Room choices limited-only one other options for rooms provided Restricted entrance-impossible to enter the hotel with multiple bags due to the small size of the entry doors Steps to front desk-several steps up to the front desk were awkward to navigate with luggage Inflated cost-inordinate cost for a hotel of this poor quantity and absence of service Inaccurate star rating-this is a one or two star hotel

Very nice, the service and spaciousness of the room exceeded my expectations !
    • Standard Double or Twin with view

The lobby was quite outdated, if the hotel can change the decor it would be better. The lift also seemed out-dated and old, and there was a peculiar smell to it.

The room was very spacious and clean. I appreciated the availability of the safe, ironing board, iron, and closet. Me and my friend were able to comfortably put our things aside. The TV was large, flat screen and clear, we enjoyed watching the local news and shows. The bathroom as also spacious with a large bathtub. The shower had good water pressure and heat, it was very enjoyable and relaxing after a long day. I had the breakfast on my final day before checkout, I had this ordered to my room, and enjoyed the variety of selection. I was also given a birthday voucher and greeting which was a nice touch !!! The receptionist gave me a map on my check in which was very good service, the staff was very polite and accomodating throughout my stay.

Not impressed
    • Standard Double or Twin with view

Not enough towels Limited coffee soaps supplied to rooms Limited hot breakfast selection Very hard bed - difficult to get sleep The Dutch lady was friendly and helpful and the rest were unhelpful. Bathroom had bad odour from vent

Location good Plenty of warm water for bath and shower

The room was very comfortable and spacious.
    • Standard Double or Twin with view

The personnel attitude towards customers was irregular. On one hand the personnel at reception was really great and friendly but on the other side, particularly one Asian lady who was in charge on breakfasts, had a bad attitude towards customers, and usually shouting at some (me included) when they could not understand her questions. You should review the personnel dedicated to interact with customers.

The room was very comfortable and spacious. It was also really clean.

Vincent made check in very easy, provided advice on how to...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was a little overpriced for the facilities provided, but very comfortable, nonetheless

Vincent made check in very easy, provided advice on how to get around cheaply, and ensured that I was comfortable. The other staff were also very helpful. I received an upgraded room with wonderful views, for a small price. The location was perfect. Picturesque and convenient to the museums. I highly recommend this hotel.

Only thing I liked was the location
    • Standard Double or Twin with view

Hotel is dusty and outdated. I booked this hotel because business partners were there as well and we had a meeting scheduled in the morning. In the end we decided to have breakfast elsewhere. Room and bathroom outdated, also a dirty/damaged carpet. Simply bad value for the price you are paying (179 € per night)

Only thing I liked was the location

Location was close enough to central Amsterdam for walking...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Parking is expensive in Amsterdam and is located next door via a car lift. In hindsight I would recommend ditching the car if you are staying a while and grab a bike. Airport is a 15 minute taxi/uber drive only.

Location was close enough to central Amsterdam for walking & biking to all the attractions and eateries without being too close to the rabble noise.

We were there for the night when Amsterdam had really bad...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We were there for the night when Amsterdam had really bad weather and many flights were canceled and delayed. Many rooms on booking were over booked. But the staff tried their best to arrange and with reasonable price.

• Standard Double or Twin with view

We had a few problems getting the room cold enough, however Amsterdam was unseasonably hot when we visited. The lobby area was also very warm.

Location. Staff very helpful - the friend I was travelling with had a massive headache for 2 days, the staff couldn't have been more helpful.

Nice and Comfortable and good location
    • Standard Double or Twin with view

Breakfast is not value for Money as per a good NH Standard.

Over all hotel atmosphere is very inviting and good location to access around Amsterdam city. Room is nice and clean.

very badly exploited
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The manager and the rules of the hotel are bad because I had a smoker room and when I came to work to get out of the hotel an employee told me that I had a 250 euro fine because I smoked in the room I told him I have a room with a smoker and I am a smoker Why did not you pay this fine? This fine and very badly exploited

Dated and overpriced hotel.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is very dated and the rooms are very basic. You get more comfort with a Premier Inn. The bed was not left securely and we struggled to clip the wheel claps down so that the bed didn't move. There were also holes in the curtains. This may sound petty but for the price I paid, the little things really do count. And there were building works on the canal next to the hotel, which started very early each morning (7:30 am). This ruined the view and was not obvious at the point of booking. So, despite requesting a quiet room, we got the opposite. For a manner of reasons, the room did not justify the price I paid. I expected a plush hotel room with modern decor, modern amenities and more than once coffee and one tea bag each. I also fell foul of the city tax so had to pay an extra €24 on arrival at the hotel. So, for a 2 night stay, it cost the best part of €500. The breakfast was overpriced at €20 each, so we didn't bother. We arrived at 11am but was told our room was not ready. We half expected this as the website said check in was 3pm but I did email in advance to ask for an earlier check-in, as we had an early flight. This was overlooked and never mentioned by the staff. They did allow us to leave our luggage in a secure room, though. Also, we had slight electrical issues as our tiny kettle shut off our electric, twice. It took the second time for us to realise that the issue was the kettle. Apparently, we had put too much water in it. But the staff were helpful in quickly getting the electric back on and once we knew the cause, we didn't let it happen again. However, for such an expensive hotel, I do question how they allow that to even happen. Thankully, we still enjoyed our trip because the city is so amazing! However, we would not stay here again.

The location of the hotel is good and the hotel was clean. It is in walking distance to most sights including the museum quarter, canals, restaurants and the city centre. The receptionist was also kind enough to book the airport shuttle bus for us, at our request.

We'd highly recommend this hotel and would definitely rebook here if we return.

Very spacious room did not have bureau drawers or shelves for clothing for a six day stay. Existing closet could easily have been outfitted with shelving to solve this inconvenience.

Buffet breakfast with cook to order option; very helpful staff; excellent location and quiet room.

Could have been better.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Too expensive and a bit much charging €4 for a small bottle of water. Also powdered milk.

Good sized rooms with comfortable bed. Hairdryer, iron and tv along with tea/coffee and mini bar(chargeable).

Great experience! Highly reccomend!
    • Standard Double or Twin with view

Awesome staff. Very friendly. Nice hotel room with great views! We had to leave a night early and they didn’t charge us for the last night! Highly recommend!

Overpriced with poor staff and a building site outside
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

They didn’t have any double rooms except for more expensive rooms which were facing a building site where all you could hear was a builders first thing in the morning Everyone at the reception was told there were only twins so the hotel was obviously trying to upsell rooms at an extra €45

Birthday break.
    • Standard Double or Twin with view

The hotel was fine but we were disappointed that there was no water in the canal which it overlooks.A major engineering works going on with a lot of construction noise from early morning.

Very nice comfortable room. Very well appointed with many dining opportunities nearby. Staff friendly and helpful.

Very good location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very good location. 5 mins walk to the Amsterdam Museum square. Staff were very friendly, offered us an extra bed for my boy free of charge. Good price in central Amsterdam.

Happy traveler, will definitely come back again
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was a shame the canal next to the hotel was having a face lift therefore the men were at work early in the morning however this did not bother us too much but we still heard the drilling. Nothing the hotel could do about.

The staff were amazing, we were lucky to check in before the 3pm check in time, this allowed us to rest before exploring the amazing city. I found the hotel in the vicinity of the city, although it was not in the central part it was nice to walk away from the lights and hub of the city centre. There were lovely cafes and restaurants and a great advantage being within the museum quarters. I will hopefully visit this great city too.

Location next to the museums - as we came for them!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Location next to the museums - as we came for them! And close to the town center etc. Quiet area, just lovely. We had suite (as they had no more regular double bed rooms got upgraded for free:)). All was excellent.

I expected a nicer room for the price. It was adequate.

Room was really dim. The lobby and sitting area were nice but our room seemed to need an update. Maybe some other rooms have been renovated, I don’t know. Our view was of the construction on the canal so rather noisy.

Great hotel, good location with value for money!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We did have views of the canals, however this particular section was under buildingworks. Maybe slightly disappointing, however we did actually enjoy watching how they renavated the canal section (esp my partner being in the trade he enjoys seeing this type of thing) On one occasion when ordering room service we called down 3-4 times with no answer. With a call to reception the lady at the desk then got room service to call us. So there was some faff with this, but we did get it sorted in the end. If we are being really picky, we would love some complimentary biscuits along side the tea selections in the room.

This hotel is in a good location just a short walk from the tram stop. Breakfast buffet was lovely: bacon, scrambled egg, pastries, fruit, yogurt, cereal, omelette upon request, bread selection for toasting, juices, tea...so much choice. We found it easier to have breakfast in the hotel especially when we had an early start to our day with museum tickets. The staff were very accommodating and polite. Room size was good, biggest room we’ve had so far when staying away.

Comfortable but could have been far better , room for improvement
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

When there major construction work outside which woke us up quite early due to noise or machinery , cranes etc. Also the hotel bar closed to early and had to relay on mini bar which wasn't only badly stocked but expensive .

That the rooms were clean and cleaned eceryday , the staff were very helpful .

Soul destroying
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Construction work on the canal in front of the hotel. And I had my bag with all of my travel documents and I.d. stolen whilst I waited in the lobby for my transport to the airport. All the hotel did was ship me off to a police station somewhere in Amsterdam where things went from bad to worse.

Staff were friendly.

The room i was provided was spacious and the bed was...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

My room over looked a construction site so it would have been nice to have another room just so i didnt have to wake up to the sounds of power tools or drilling/banging. I didnt like that the hotel charges extra for late check out per the hour. This is a slight inconvenience, espeically if you have a later flight.

The room i was provided was spacious and the bed was comfortable. Bathroom was good in size but also nice and clean.

New Years dream.

Minibar too expencive.

Location is the best . The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms were cleaned every day. The beds are very comfortable. The food was wery fresh and tasty. We enjoied our stay very much.

Perfect and comfortable
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Huge construction works in front of hotel, a little bit loud

We got free upgrade to room on the 6th floor with city view Extra comfortable beds 5 minutes to trams going to city center 5 minutes to museums

Superb staff, good restaurant combined with an excellent location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast, although quite expensive, was superb. Evening meal was also very good with Eric, the chef, adding some great personal touches and good banter! Vincent on reception was also superb. The hotel location is superb for the Museums (unsurprising given the title!)

Gorgeous room :) very comfortable bed.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Receptionists did not tell us anything about the free walking tours or any tips in general! This should be part of their job, to advise guests with tips and tours that they know about. We stayed at the hotel for 6 days, our room was not cleaned even once... the cleaners were only making the bed but no cleaning!

Gorgeous room :) very comfortable bed. And great location

Property is nice bit far from centre said on booking.

Charged me £600 and then another €125 when booking.com said it was only £611

Property is nice bit far from centre said on booking.com was 15 mins away was 37 mins away

Overall good!
    • Standard Double or Twin with view

Breakfast was poor, not a lot of choice. No beans, the sausage was like salami and the bacon was smoky. Tea and coffee facility in the room was poor as only 1 teabag each per day and only 1 milk each. Would have been nice to been offered more! Housekeeper didn't clean our room 1 day despite leaving a card on the door from 9-4 telling them to clean it. So we had no fresh towels, asked reception and they gave us more.

spacious room, lovely big windows. Great location! Big bath and good tv! Told the hotel it was my boyfriend's birthday and they gave us a bottle of prosecco and red wine. Great touch! Thanks for making our stay extra special

Great stay in a good location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We asked about the shuttle that they put on to the airport. While useful, was a bit expensive

Great Staff with good knowledge of the area and helpful for both tlling us good reastaurants and how to get to diffrent parts of the city

Outstanding
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The view wasn’t too great but that couldn’t be helped! There wasn’t enough light within the room & had to put all lights on in order to see

Loved the bed! And the Tv

Perfecto location, good service,
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I have been to that hotel several times (at least 4) and every time I arrive they kindly ask: ¿Is this the first time you come? Allmost no storage room for luggage content, except for hangers, there are enaugh of those. No room for sweaters, underwear, etc.

Perfecto location, good service,

Loved Amsterdam,
    • Standard Double or Twin with view

Would have liked to have been informed about major building work on the canal before booking . Luckily as we asked for a “canal view” we were fortunate to have 7th floor so the view was over Amsterdam which was beautiful especially at night . Would have been hugely disappointed if on arrival for this special Birthday we had been booked into a room on the lower floors with a view of this building work . It’s not a few bricks and cement mixer but a major canal drain and construction of 600 space underground garaging with the biggest crane I’ve ever seen working 6 days a week . No canal view what I requested as no water ! Cost of breakfast at hotel which we did not take , ate out as more atmosphere in cafes . Bill on booking .com not 100% clear as said it included all taxes but then 5% was added at hotel for local tax , this was ok but booking . Com wording not that clear when it says “ price with all charges including taxes set by local government or fee by the property themselves £690” we ended up paying £700.27

Ease of getting to hotel, safe area, walking distance of museums,shops,restaurants and buses.

average but not worth the price

The Hotel bed is not good and the room is poorly lit. The pillow can be more firm. This will help in sleeping. The Room is too near to the main road, hence a properly insulated window will be very ideal. Staff was ok but services slow.

Nice hotel but, in my opinion, overpriced.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room decoration was a little tired and the lighting level poor. Room could easily accommodate a second easy chair but only one provided. Bathroom sink was in a poor state of repair and should have been replaced. At the time of our visit, the adjacent canal was under reconstruction.

Room was of good size. Excellent breakfast selection. The hotel is very convenient for several major museums.

We asked for baby bed and the request had approved buy the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We asked for baby bed and the request had approved buy the hotel via email Nevertheless when we arrived at night not a such was placed in our room and it took more than a hour to bring our room

Never again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was so dirty. Carpet stained, beds uncomfortable. Not anywhere near their rating on booking.com.

Nothing... I couldn't get out of there fast enough

very comfortable, lovely location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the wireless connection and speed are terrible. simple chats are nearly unusable. Video chat completely unusable.

the beds are quite comfortable. the room has a nice amount of room without being too much

I enjoyed my stay overall. The staff was very helpful. Construction close to property. Noise in am
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

would have appreciated having oatmeal included with the breakfast buffet. Construction going on near the hotel. During weekdays the noise starts around 0800. none on weekends.

Good variety of food in the morning. the staff was very helpful. the room/sheets were clean. The bed was very comfortable. Lots of good restaurants close to the hotel and with good variety of food. One can walk to Dam Square within 35 min. The Big Museums are within 8 min walk. No noise at night. Slept well. Good access via Tram.

I liked this place but they need to train their housekeeping staff better
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The housekeeping staff didn't clean the room properly. The duvet cover had a stain on it (an obvious one) and it wasn't changed for days until we requested it. (We assumed it would be done without asking). Also, they didn't replace the coffee mugs that had been used and the tissue box in the bathroom wasn't replaced after being empty for days (It may seem like a small thing, but I got sick on this trip and needed tissue handy, so this was an inconvenience). Also, I would let it slip if it happened once, but we never got clean mugs throughout our whole stay, and had to tell the front desk that the duvet cover needed changing after we noticed that it wasnt already done and had to request a tissue box.

The room I stayed in was spacious, had big windows and was comfortable. The staff at the front desk were very friendly and accommodating.

Nice hotel. Close to the Rijk museum. Short walk to the bus stop straight to the airport
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Due to plane delay we never got our first nights stay. We phoned to cancel but it was to late. We were still charged for the room plus an additional forty euros for not showing up

Impressive room and great choice
    • Standard Double or Twin with view

It was just unfortunate while we were staying that our room with a view didn't have the best view it could have had because the canal was drained and there was work going on.

The room was lovely and spacious and there was a great choice of food and drink for breakfast. The hotel was in touching distance of the most popular museums and galleries - great for art lovers.

Breakfast.

I paid for 2 children, room and breakfast too, altthough in booking policy was written that all children are welcome and stay for free if they use existing beds. I didn't needed an extra bed because i booked a more expansive room with an extra large bed, but they forced me to take it and to pay for it. In my opinion this is ROBBERY !!!!!!!! DO NOT GO!!!!!!!

Breakfast.

Did have an issue during check-in, been told the room is too...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Did have an issue during check-in, been told the room is too small to have two children under8 even using existing bed, would be great to have been told by the hotel before hand. But staffs were very helpful in sorting out the problem.

Location and good eating spots close by within 6-9 blocks.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There at 10:30, and informed to come back at 1:00 for a possible room but none until 3:00pm. Hotel must have a contract with the airlines for flight attendants since so many were there, I was told they get a room first!

Location and several good eating places close by

Size of room.
    • Standard Double or Twin with view

Size of room. We took a room with a view and it was great decision, we could contemplate the city in the afternoon while resting a bit before going out to dinner. The hotel is very close to Rijk and Van Gogh Museums.

Location good
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Could not get into room and staff knew we were waiting after a long trip.They did not inform us and we had to ask if ready yet!

Location good and found good restaurants close by

Great hotel in a great location with great food, staff and rooms.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Would have been nice to look out the bedroom window to see the canal instead of cranes :) (there is nothing I didn't like about NH Amsterdam Museum Quarter)

Wonderful staff, clean rooms, great location.

Good hotel in quiet location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Early start breakfast box offered in lieu of full breakfast was poor in quality and value. Hotel is a30 minute walk from Amsterdam centre.

Quiet location, not too busy at breakfast.

Warm welcome and lovely stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was a bit too firm, took a bit of getting used to. No fresh milk for tea. I wanted to add a bottle of bubbly to the room booking but couldn't do it via the app. Not much space to store clothes (apart from hanging up space) so couldn't unpack everything.

The staff! Very helpful and friendly. We were given the best welcome by the gentleman on reception, a lovely, lively, funny character! The room was spacious, bright, good air conditioning, big bed, large tv, quiet even though we were by the lift. Would normally be good views of the canal but there was some construction work going on so the canal was drained (but we're civil engineers so interesting view for us still!).

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

The accommodation was very good with a clean and spacious...

The air conditioner broke down on our first day and was able to be repaired during our three days stay, which was unacceptable as the weather was warm/hot and the room was very uncomfortable.

The accommodation was very good with a clean and spacious room and the staff were very friendly.

Lovely stay - would return again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

As in other reviews, the hotel is a bit tired in terms of furnishings/paint and could use a refresh. Our room was very well equipped with a separate make up table and mirror and a roomy washroom with plenty of shelf space.

This location was in a quieter part of the city and we were very thankful for that! Travel to all attractions was fairly quick either on foot (to all the museums) or by tram (to city center).

Chain hotel definitely not Marriot quality
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Internet requires payment for videoconferencing No night light Staff reception not well trained forgot whether they did or did not charge for room

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Canal view is full of construction work but nothing to do with hotel

The bed was very comfortable and staff were very friendly and helpful. 5 minute walk to Van Gogh museum and tram links to centre.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Nice location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is a bit worn compared to the price I paid for it. Currently construction work is also going on outside so the canal is empty and full of construction and at points it was a bit noisy especially as construction started early on a Saturday

Location is superb. You are very central but still on a quiet street. Payed for a 15 Eur upgrade per night to get a top level room with view. This was worth the extra. Very nice view except for the construction going on in the canal. Staff was very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

The staff were super but we would not stay there again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We were disappointed with a view of old bilkes in a skip. The deep hole that should have been a canal was a mess and the room needed hoovering in all the corners and up dating.

It was close to the museums and canal trip. The view was digging in progress for an underground car park as that part of the canal is blocked off. The room was large but tired. The sink was cracked but clean bathroom.

Construction site.

We paid extra for a room with a canal view that looked beautiful in the pictures on the website. What was not revealed to us until we checked in was that the block in front of the hotel is under construction. Our view was of an empty canal except for the cranes and construction material. Also noise from machinery was not what we had in mind on our vacation.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very nice.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

good hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin with view

After long flight I didn't find a bottle of water in my room table, it's simple mater and we was have chargeable bottles in refrigerator but i don't like that way, water there is very nice please try it. Most important when your residence in this hotel you know location of nearest tram line to avoid extra costs for transportation ( around 7 minutes walking to reach this tram station). Overall it was good experience.

Location was good, far from center station and it's crowded street as well close enough from all what you want to do.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Staff were very friendly and helpful on any queries
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Construction work on the canal ruining view and creating noise, bed was uncomfortable and Gluten Free options limited

Staff were very friendly and helpful on any queries

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

CONVENIENT TO EXPLORE AMSTERDAM , AND COMFORTABLE .

CONFUSION AT PAYING THE BILL . I WAS QUOTED A DAILY RATE BY BOOKING.COM - BUT AT CHECK OUT THE RECEPTION GAVE A HIGHER RATE FOR ONE DAY - STATING THAT THEY CHARGE ACCORDING TO THE DAILY OCCUPANCY RATE , AND SINCE ON THAT DAY THE OCCUPANCY WAS HIGHER I WAS TO BE CHARGED MORE THAN THE QUOTED RATE . STRANGE . FIRST TIME I HAVE ENCOUNTERED THAT . MORES EARLY RESERVATIONS REDUNDANT ! BOOKING.COM , PLEASE INVESTIGATE .

GREAT LOCATION . 10 MINS WALK TO TWO GREAT RESTAURANTS IN AMSTERDAM - RIJK [BEHIND THE MUSEUM] AND AUBERGE JEAN AND MARIE [DIAGONALLY OVER THE CANAL]

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The only strange thing was that the bathroom consistently smelt like someone had been smoking in there. I was told this was something to do with the way the air vents are connected.

I was upgraded to a suite which was great in terms of space! Staff were nice generally.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Character-less business hotel which gets its star rating on its facilities, not its upkeep.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is soul-less and charmless. The hotel could do with a refurbishment, especially the bathrooms and the corridors. The breakfast is expensive, as is upgrade for early check-in. The reception staff could sometimes have been more helpful.

The bed was large and solid, and the bedding was comfortable. The wifi was excellent. The walls were solid, and the curtains thick, so the room was quiet and dark at night. There was a well-functioning safe in the room. There was a bath in the room.

A very compfortable hotel. Quiet location. 10mins walk from Concertgebouw and museums.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast selection good but the hot food (eg scrambled eggs) should have been hotter. Bedroom subject to some outside noise. Not the hotel's fault, but will be more pleasant when canal work is completed.

Very happy with our first stay here and look forward to returning in June Very pleasant public areas and nice bedroom. Very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Happy to stay with NH Museum Quarter again!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Unfortunately part of the Canal in front of the hotel was undergoing some cleaning or maintenance work, otherwise it would have given a perfect view from our room.

The location is very good as you can walk to all museums, restaurants, Dam Square etc. Room size is very good by European standard. (good for a couple) Breakfast from hotel was well balanced with healthy choices and good variety of food. Staff were all very friendly and helpful.

Old as Hell
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

This hotel is outdated and smelled like my grandmothers house. There wasn't views of anything. Construction ongoing woke me up early. The first was mediocre at best.

The only good thing was the secured parking. Which was public parking.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Museum Quarter - No Need to Venture Further for Meals!

Noise of the road & work being carried out currently. Road is busy & still noisy 5 floors up.

Large room, we had a corner room so huge! Clean & comfy.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Great place to stay when you want to really see Amsterdam.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast buffet was really good, but overpriced.

The pastries were tasty and the coffee was amazing! The bathtub was also very luxurious and I liked the toiletries. The employees also had really good recommendations of things to do that weren't on the main travel sites.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

staff was very kind and helpful.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the canal in front of the hotel is under construction. the view from our window was of a construction area, instead of a canal. we think there should have been updated information about that fact in booking.

staff was very kind and helpful. breakfast was good. the room was clean and nice. the hotel is located close to the museum square. not so close to the center of the city . we had a very good time.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Great location if you want to visit the museums and sample more of the local restaurants.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

One of the reception staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and went out of his way to recommend restaurants and sites to visit 😊. The bed was comfortable and the room a decent size.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Good Overall Stay!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed wasn't that comfortable, and the windows were letting a lot of noise through, no lay in as it was too noisy.

Good location, easy to get to and easy to get to Amsterdam Center, 40 minutes walk. Clean hotel. Very friendly staff! Couldn't of helped more.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Amazing Amsterdam and a great place to stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff were amazingly helpful and diligent. They went the 'extra mile' to help with local knowledge and recommendations for eating out and travel. The breakfast was excellent too.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Highly recommend.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was quite uncomfortable and mini bar is over priced.

The staff were very friendly and very helpful. The pancakes at breakfast were extremely tasty!

Browse NH Amsterdam Museum Quarter traveller photo gallery