Reviews of NH Naarden 4 stars

IJsselmeerweg 3, 1411 AA Naarden, Netherlands

#8 of 9 hotels in Naarden

the location of the hotel was great new the lake, loved...

1- arrived at the hotel 4 pm, we had three rooms, only one of them was ready! other rooms warn't ready until 6pm 2- no a/c which meant in some days you need to leave the window open at night and for two days there was some men shouting outside for few hours, and one day the smell of the cows made it uncomfortable.

the location of the hotel was great new the lake, loved walking around at night

Very comfy bed, amazingly helpful stuff and beautiful...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

The bathroom had some mold on the walls, but this didn’t disturb much.

Very comfy bed, amazingly helpful stuff and beautiful location just 15 min away from Amsterdam

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

A nice hotel but not great in the current heatwave.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

NO AIR CON! I appreciate it was unseasonably hot but with the outside temperature hitting 38 degrees, the windows and ventilation in the room were not sufficient for the temperature.

The breakfast was nice, however there could have been more hot options.

Used as a base when attending conference in Amsterdam. Nice hotel in beautiful area.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

No handle on inside of bathroom sliding door, just roughly-edged cut-out groove in which to hook fingers. This was only visible when door shut from the inside. As this was an accessible room, it could cause big problems. The handyman, although he came quickly, was unable to fit a new handle so put grey tape over the rough edges. Air conditioning would be an improvement.

most enjoyable meal on first evening. Good, well presented food and friendly service. When problem with bathroom reported to reception, handyman with us within 5 minutes.

Close to city center
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No toiletpaper, person at the desk was not helpfull, in helping me out for the best way to the city center. Not even offering to order a cab

Close to the center and to the lake, very nice and good breakfast. Beds are good!

Nice place, great steak.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Doesn't really bother me, but if the winds blows a certain way, you can smell the cows that nearby.

Better than expected, great food (apart from the burger). Clean rooms, quiet and very cosy place.

ok
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

breakfast was poor, the service in the restaurant was arrogant, the bed was too small the shower was too small, the room was missing a safe depository

Internet facility, water heater for thee,

This NH hotel did not met my expectations based on previous stays in hotel a of the same chain.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The furniture was too big for the size of the room, there is a nightstand blocking the acces to closet which cannot be fully opened because the lack of room in between the closets door and the night stand. One could barely walk around the room. There is no air extractor in the bathroom. The bathroom has a sliding door that is really noisy. I was waken up in the middle of the night by it when a person in another room used the bathroom

Staff ,very professional and friendly

the waterdirection changer in the bad tub was calcified.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the waterdirection changer in the bad tub was calcified. Took quite some energy to get water from the shower instead of the bath. Poor pressure on the shower. Bread at breakfast not fullybaked. Scrambled eggs dry and dripping with water; tasteless A group of tourist returning to their rooms on 23:45 making a lot of noise and shouting in the hallway.

Staff need training to distinguish the difference between rolling a joint & smoking one in a room!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

Just checked out of this place. Some of the staff need training to distinguish the difference between rolling a joint in a room to smoking in a room! We was accused of smoking in the room when we didn’t, we then had to tell the staff at reception (Rudd & Liesbth) to go and smell for themselves once Liesbth went and checked we received an apology from Rudd which I asked for and was told “sorry for the misunderstanding” there was no misunderstanding we were point blank accused of smoking in the room when we hadn’t which was very embarrassing! Also for £100 a night it was a very budget hotel not what I was expecting. The bathroom shower head dropped off every time we turnt the shower off (even fell on my partner) On our first morning we could hear guests from another room having sex VERY loud, we could also hear the persons phone vibrating for over half an hour in the room next to us. I wouldn’t recommend this place at all...

Convenient place along the motorway
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Place is a bit run down I did not order breakfast but would not have had a chance to get any with a couple of busloads hitting the breakfast room at the same time

Convenient place along the motorway Far away from the city , hence quiet Friendly staff Wifi OK

Other than the parking issue was ok
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

They charge you for the car parking! You gobto this hotel far from Amsterdam because of the large parking at the facilities ( not fair to ne charged)

Excellent personal

Not 4 stars
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

The hotel is kind of old and it was not a perfect cleaning in the room(some hair in the bathroom when we got in). Also, the shower gel should be replaced without asking for it (didn't happened for us) The only smoking place it's outside in the rain, without any kind of roof. Since the hotel is in the middle of nowhere (you have nothing useful on a walking distance), paying extra cost for parking is kind of unpleasant (the room was already 135 eur per night)

Very good beds and pillows. It was nice to have the option of making your coffee in the room in the morning

Very unpleasant really disappointed the staff ruined our mood
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff and service I asked for room cleaning no one turned up two nights 3 days no room cleaning. Staff was really rude came 2 am knocking doors yelling without requesting politely or any greeting just when i open the door he was giving warning put his finger towards me which was unacceptable i was really shock how can he be so rude and disrespectful his name was Mark I didn't even know what he was talking about no clear words . When we went to complain the manager hide i give 1 star only

The room size the coffee tea facilities

We loved our time at NH Naarden , and the staff was very helpful.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Although it was 25 mintues away from the town by public transport, it was very expensive on taxi at night.

We really enjoyed our stay at NH Naarsenal. The staff were really nice and helpful and the accommodation was clean. I will really recommend it especially if you want a quite time away from the city.

Great place for participants of Challenge Almere
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The only thing which is not great about this hotel is that there is no supermarkets or restaurants anywhere near. And the restaurant at hotel closes at 10 or early. We came around 9 p.m., so when we were ready to have dinner the dinner was not served anymore. So one evening we just went to bed instead of having dinner (we were not really dissapointed, but somebody may be).

The staff was so friendly — they received my bicycle which the flight company brought while I was walking in Amsterdam, they also organized early breakfast for the participants of the Almere triathlon Challenge, helped with a taxi. Super friendly hosts. And very tasty breakfast. My brother simply didn't want to move to another hotel, although we were going to the center.

A huge amount of choices for breakfast, all very good, with...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The fan in the toilette was not working properly

A huge amount of choices for breakfast, all very good, with also the chance to ask for something else to the kitchen. A wide and comfortable room, in a beautiful landscape and close to Naarden center (about 2 km).

Fine for one night
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was really hot, and there was no airco. In the bathroom it was even worse. The blankets were very thick, so that didn't help at all.

The beds were really comfy. Breakfast was really nice, it had a nice selection, also we sat there for like 2 hours and nobody minded.

* The staff was very friendly and helpful!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

As in many hotels these days, there is no minibar. It would be more comfortable if there was a little fridge (not for the minibar contents but) for food, water, meds etc... Especially when travelling with children

* The staff was very friendly and helpful! We asked for an extra bed and it was arranged in few minutes. * There is a nice large parking right at the hotel. * The beds are very comfortable * We enjoyed a beautiful view over our breakfast * Location is good also for a weekend in Amsterdam

If it's where you need to be, it's fine - just looks a little tired
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel is looking a little tired and badly needs a re-fresh. For example, it's the first hotel I've ever stayed in with broken/missing tiles on the side of the bath. It also always leaves a bad taste when a hotel levies a parking charge for staying with them - especially at an out of town location. There was, however, plenty of parking available.

Staff were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good.

Not the best experience!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The front desk staff seemed demotivated and disinterested and the bar staff equally so. The drinks were expensive and the barman didn't seem to know how to make a G&T. The lift near our room wasn't working. There are no anti slip mats in the bath and due to the incredibly slippery bathtub, I slipped and injured my leg. As we were cycling this was quite problematic but the hotel staff didn't seem too bothered. The lady on the front desk acknowledged that there were no anti slip mats. Tiles were broken in the bathroom. No air conditioning. A tap was broken in our bathroom.

The nuts from the bar were really delicious.

Very, very mediocre hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

What a let-down! The staff killed the experience for us. I've never encountered such a "sour faced" staff in my many, many travels across Germany. Starting with the fact that they insisted on pre-payment with my credit card a week before arrival, due to the fact I declared arrival at 11PM. So what?- I already gave my CC as guarantee, why charge in advance? Eventually, I paid cash at 11PM, upon arrival (even though we stayed 2 nights, no rush....what a distrustful behavior for a German hotel...). Staff was extremely sour faced when we arrived at breakfast 2 minutes before "deadline" at 09:30 the next morning. I thought the purpose of a good hotel was to let you have a good night's rest after a long travel the day before...everything we asked was dealt with eventually - from a normal cup of coffee to the package we awaited the next day - but all was done in such a smile-less manner that made it certain for me never to book this hotel again. Never return where one is not welcome - simple motto. Otherwise: rooms have no A/C, terribly hot during the night, even if window left open, walls are paper-thin so we woke up at 6am from noise of cleaners and/or a group that left the hotel early. Surely - there is a better experience around.

Room was clean. free Wifi and parking . Breakfast selection was good.

Paid for extra room and lost money because of it. Not worth my money at all!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

The communication between myself and the staff about the rooms. I just feel like it wasn't worth my money. I had lots of complaint since I booked the room by mistake but couldn't cancel it because it was non refundable. There for I had an extra room which I didn't need. There for I will not be staying there again.

I liked the location because it wasn't far from the event we were attending and also not to far from the airport.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

A pleasant stay & good value for money.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Professional & polite staff who were very friendly & helpful. Spacious, clean & well presented room with good bathroom & shower facilities. The furniture is solid, including a decent writing desk. Comfortable bed. Great selection of food for breakfast. Evening meals in the restaurant are nice too. The views over the countryside from the restaurant & evening sunset are pleasant. I enjoyed my stay here & would highly recommend it.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

hotel was fine, a bit old fashion but good.

the staff almost cancell my collegues room as they were arriving after 4 pm and they were short in rooms, and claim that after 4 pm they have the right of cancelling your room if you have not check in.....I was lucky as I arrived before them and I informed that my colleagues would arrive later on....otherwise they would have cancell their rooms! I have never seen this in my life of travelling....

hotel was fine, a bit old fashion but good. Breakfast was very nice , so good Price for the quality

10min from Hardschock Festival ( Avril )
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

- to pay for the parking. For 100€ the night I could expect the parking to be free + each time you go in/out the hotel you must ask the reception to validate your ticket ( such a waste of time when there is only one person available at the desk and clients awaiting ) - room was ok but some furnishings were quite old & damaged + in the bathroom same thing and not enough light. - no electrical outlet at bed

- 30min from Amsterdam Airport by car - 10min from Hardschock Festival by car - Lady at the reception was nice, detox juice offered at the reception .. - Big room, good bed

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Nice location, poor hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I asked for an upgrade room and 2 single beds. Not even a reaction if this was possible. While in the hotel we saw it was not possible. The room looked clean but was really dusy. would never stay here for more than 1night

Good location, hotel was ok, breakfast was nice

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Nice hotel and facilities.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

One problem for business traveler: too slow internet connection, even with voucher. (Less than 2Mb download speed)

Nice hotel and facilities. Outstanding breakfast. Good restaurant.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Bees and Spiders in the rooms, Very nice staff but very bad service
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We had a very bad experience in this specific hotel. Generally NH are great but something really strange was happening in this hotel. -Insects in rooms: 1) after 2 days in the room we discovered a big bee in the room. 2) the second room that we got was with spiders and flies. -Very bad service from the staff: the staff is super nice but when we had a problem with a bee in the room they didn't help immediately and changed the room. We have waited for 30-40 minutes to someone to come to the room (and we were late to a concert) and only then they found a room. -Not working room cards: about 3-4 times the cards stopped working and we needed to go to switch them. -Missing Towel after cleaning Every day we had a different thing and nobody conpincated us for anything. All they could do is apologize and that's it.

Close to Amsterdam Arena by Car Close to Amsterdam by Car

Great Chefs!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Brilliant staff and excellent chefs Lovely rooms, beautiful location. Always my 1st choice of hotels when I am staying in Naarden

A little bit too expensive

A little bit too expensive

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There’s no AC that’s make me cancel one night I stay for one night only

Dirty old room.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Dirty old room. No key card, Asian man on night reception wouldn't arrange key card.

good place to stay when between destinations in Netherlands
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

Parking was relatively cheap Room was exactly as on the pictures We had a nice view from our room Location is ok if you have a car

I checked out late and they didn’t make a big deal out of it!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I checked out late and they didn’t make a big deal out of it!

The staffs are friendly.

The staffs are friendly.

The cleanliness

The distance to Amsterdam

The cleanliness

Great hotel close to Rotterdam
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Free parking and lots of parking spaces next to the hotel; modern rooms - excellent!

Fine location for getting outdoors to Naarden Lake.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was clean but a bit outdated.

Location close to nature area of Naarden Lake.

• Standard Double or Twin Room with View

Old, outdated, no climate control, shower is terrible. Not NH worthy

Unless you have a credit card they treat you like your poor
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff were not friendly cared about money more than our needs

Room was clean and comfy

smelt a bit damp
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

smelt a bit damp smell of drains in the toilets bit basic lights not working and pillows rubbish

Extremely happy with our stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

None that we can think of

Meals were extremely tasty and plenty to choose from

that the questions are in english
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

that the questions are in english Dutch is easyer to read

Terrible
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Even a phone on vibration in the next room wakes you up....terrible dated hotel

Noisy

my room 322 was cold temperature i hope below 20° only ...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

my room 322 was cold temperature i hope below 20° only morning next temperature a bit better

Pleasant
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Only one key card for room

It automatically came out my account

Nothin

Nice staff good breakfast

Could do with an update

Nice staff good breakfast

It was a lovely hotel and the stay was enjoyable. We would book this hotel again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was very good and you got all what one needs to have a good breakfast.

Great and helpful staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The beds were on the hard side and we found the bar/restaurant bit too expensive.

Great and helpful staff

Nice hotel close to Naarden
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

Hotel met all my expectations.

Comfi room

Comfort
    • Standard Single Room

Air condition

Comfort

Value for money.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Paid parking in a location like that? Could have been included in the price.

Value for money.

Breakfast is very expensive (29,80e).
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is very expensive (29,80e). Confirmation said it is 15,90e.

Breakfast but so expensive

The staff

Breakfast but so expensive

Very friendly staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

I was charged extra for parking. The restaurant being used as a cafe by a group of guests constantly walking between the tables.

Very friendly staff

The location and the green country side view from our...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

The location and the green country side view from our windows.

they charge for parking fee compering to nh jan tabak hotel in bussum and nh capelle which free.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

there was not a minibar in the room! and this is 4 stars hotel.

location, the stuff.

Value for money

Staff friendliness

Great!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Touch up required before a full refurb is needed.

Located in a beauty spot, Naaderbos. Staff and food were very good indeed.

Perfect location to visit Almere for the triathlon

Car park charge of 6:50 per day

Clean comfy room, good selection at breakfast. Friendly helpful English speaking staff.

Staff is excellent!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bad sound, music is all covers, tourincars busses full of tourists making noise during the night.

Staff is excellent!!

Nice location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Parking is not free nor cheap No Air condition in rooms

Nice location

Exellent breakfast

Showrers not clean

Exellent breakfast

it was good for us

we could only book one room with breakfast and not the otherwone

bed was very comfortabel. fine television and bathroom

Breakfast really good.

Difficult to get in Amsterdam

Breakfast really good. Check out at noon time .

Close to Amsterdam
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Quite old People smoking in the rooms nearby Poor value for high price

Close to Amsterdam by car Silent room

Good place for a business travller

no complaints

Very accessible location in nice surroundings. decent sized rooms

City break
    • Standard Double or Twin Room with View

Great location. Easy to get into city centre in spite of being some distance away. Breakfast was excellent as was the bar area.

Overnight stay on a cycle tour of North Holland
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Somewhat remote on the outskirts of the town, thus choice for dinner limited to hotel or restaurant over the road.

Excellent breakfast.

breakfast

narrow bath

breakfast friendly receptionist

Good location for rural walks
    • Standard Single Room

Good location for walking or running among the sheep. Rural and maritime setting. A 20 minutes walk to the historic town of Naarden.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Hotel needs updating - but Staff are excellent
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel is a little tired, in particular the room I was in

The staff were excellent in every aspect - very helpful, quick responses!

The guest has to pay tge parking fee, isn't supposed to...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The guest has to pay tge parking fee, isn't supposed to be part of the service?

Browse NH Naarden traveller photo gallery