Reviews of Hotel Nicolaas Witsen 3 stars

Nicolaas Witsenstraat 4, Amsterdam City Centre, 1017 ZH Amsterdam, Netherlands

#196 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

Very poor value for money and a generally unpleasant hotel.
    • Double or Twin Room

No air conditioning and a window that faces the sun all day, the room was unbearably hot which meant we had to open a window and be bitten by mosquitoes. Room way too small, two single beds (NOT twins as promised) were jammed next to each other. Bathroom was tiny, you couldn’t even open the door to it without it hitting one of the beds. Breakfast was extremely poor value for 12.50, as is paying 4 euros for a bottle of water that likely cost them 80 cents. I’ve stayed in a lot of hotels on work and for leisure and have never left a review before - this was really, really bad value for money and should never have been advertised as a room for 2 people, it’s not even big enough for one.

Not much it was incredibly basic

A lovely stay - my first solo visit overseas. I will definitely recommend Nicolaas Witsen to any co.
    • Small Single Room

I thought the breakfast charge expensive for me as I have only tea and toast for this meal. I wonder if in future, a lesser charge for a light breakfast would be possible?

I was able to walk everywhere from this excellent location. I was able to book museum entries and other activities at the front desk. I was also able to access a shuttle service to the airport through the hotel staff - and the driver I had was especially helpful in providing me with a trolley for my heavy suitcase at the airport.

AN EXCELLENT PLACE TO STAY IN AMSTERDAM
    • Double or Twin Room

I REALLY DID NOT HAVE ANY SIGNIFICANT CRITICISMS APART FROM THE AVSENCE OF A MINI BAR IN THE ROOMS.

I LIKED EVERYTHING ABOUT THE PROPERTY & ESPECIALLY THE STAFF WHO WERE SO FRIENDLY & HELPFUL.

An adequate 3-star hotel if you can get a room at the lower price points.
    • Small Single Room

My room and bathroom smelled very strongly of baby powder-like carpet cleaner -- not something I am normally sensitive to, but the smell was so intense that it bothered me. Fortunately it wore off after a day. If you require quiet to sleep, request a room at the back of the hotel. I had a room on the first floor overlooking the street, and there was a lot of ambient noise: construction across the street and a tram line at the end of the street, which runs pretty much at all hours. It was warm so I needed to sleep with the window open. Fortunately I brought earplugs.

My room was very clean and nicely, if sparely, furnished. The staff was cordial and helpful with requests (navigating the European-style windows, lending me an iron). The Wi Fi was good for my needs: emailing and checking train schedules, etc. The location is within walking distance of major museums and attractions, and tram and bus lines, while the street itself is quiet and pleasant.

Friendly, helpful staff who made recommendations on places...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Rooms could have benefitted from some air conditioning

Friendly, helpful staff who made recommendations on places to eat, helped book tickets for attractions, & even went the 'extra mile' by providing an early breakfast on the morning of our departure

The location is amazing.
    • Small Single Room

Room smelled like mold. Entire place hasn’t seen paint in 40 years. Doors need replacing. Stairs are scary. I had bugs in my room. Feels more like an old hostel. Location, location.

The location is amazing... the staff amazing! Clean sheets and towels.

Great experience: strongly recommended
    • Double or Twin Room

Although I booked in advance and requested a double bed, Hotel offered a room with two single beds. When questioning the staff, I was informed that in all available rooms the configuration would be the same. But this inconvenience did not compromise comfort.

The hotel is well located, in a quiet street but within easy reach. Close to the tram stop and 10 minutes walk from the Rijksmuseum - where, there is (besides great museums, of course) the stop of the airport bus. The room is comfortable, very clean and adequately heated. The staff is attentive and gentle - as are the Dutch in general.

Comfortable stay with a nice staff, walking distance to a lot and easy public trans.
    • Double or Twin Room

Literally just AC, but that's not a downfall any more or less than just a heads up. Bathroom was a bit small but again it's a small place and still had everything you need.

Beds were comfortable and the room was just big enough for 2 people. The front desk staff was helpful with tickets to museums and it was nice to buy a public trans pass right at the hotel. Night caps at the bar after a day out were enjoyable. You leave your key at the front desk when you are out for the day, which makes it safe and sound from losing it. We were easy walks away from the museum district, heineken, many cafes and bars, and the public transit took us everywhere else (there are stops very close to the hotel). Overall, it was a great place to stay if you and your travelling companion are down for close quarters. The only downfall was lack of AC, but that's a netherlands thing and I'm just always hot. I'd stay here again and would recommend for the price.

Great staff and location

Beds and pillows a bit too soft but comfy enough.

The staff were extremely helpful and very friendly as well as professional. Chantal was lovely. The hotel is close to all transport and walking distance to museums Heineken experience, ice bar and hop on hop off boat tours!

Exceptional service from all staff, clean, comfortable beds, very accommodating to me and grandkids

outside seating area would have been nice but, overall, every moment of my stay here was satisfying.

the staff was extremely helpful and kind. The breakfast was excellent during my stay and the cook was so very helpful in accommodating my teenage granddaughters as they usually slept in too late to arrive prior to breakfast ending. I will stay there again and have told all my friends who are planning a trip to Amsterdam that, they will not be sorry as Hotel Nicholas Witsen was exceptional in every way.

Staff was friendly and generally the hotel is clean.
    • Small Single Room

Very tiny room on the ground floor and it was very noisy outside. You can hear people walking, talking and even hear the noise coming from the kitchen and the diner.

Staff was friendly and generally the hotel is clean.

Great hotel great location

N/a

Excellent service good size rooms hotel in walking distance of everything we wanted to do also tram stop at end of road .room was clean staff were great bathroom was good size and clean.

Great little hotel, among the cheaper of its neighbors.
    • Small Single Room

I would have liked a safe in the room. I could hear the radio from next door, which was unfortunate as it was tuned to a religious station that I didn't particular wish to hear all about, and played way past 1am!! Not the hotel's fault but I was glad for my ear plugs.

I really liked this hotel! The single room I stayed in was small but well thought out, and comfortable. The bathroom was clean, with a good shower. Very nice breakfast with eggs and bacon or pancakes cooked to order, and very good fresh coffee, served by friendly staff. Fantastic location in a scenic part of Amsterdam, well located for public transport and lots of fun bars, shops and restaurants around. I had a conference at RAI centre, and it was easy to get there, but also much more scenic than staying near the conference centre!

Good stay
    • Double or Twin Room

-The room was not very large, especially the toilet -Everything is a little retro

-Good price -Not far from the main attractions and close to the tram stop

Will maybe recommend this for those who have a lot of time to explore Amsterdam.
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed was small for 2 people. This is not close to the center, but it is ok if you want to be in a more quiet place.

The room was clean. Friendly staff.

We will be back 🤢😊
    • Double or Twin Room

The ensuite was a tad small.

The staff were extremely friendly & helpful. The young lady who did the weekend breakfast was a star. She cooked us exactly what we wanted. Very attentive.

A perfect place to stay for my daughter's 18th birthday
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff were cheerful, friendly and helpful. The breakfast was just the best for someone who loves cheese and doesn't get bacon and ham often as she lives in Istanbul. The room was a good size and had everything we needed

Overall we enjoyed our stay very much. Nice staff, good location, and a tasty breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room walls were quite thin, so you could hear it as people walk down the hall and open their own room door. This was a bit confusing since it's loud enough to sound as if they were trying to open our door.

The staff was incredibly nice and accommodating, the bed was very comfortable, and the breakfast was just right. The location is pretty good, it's well situated between the museums and city center -- just a short walk to either one.

Warm friendly reception from the staff which is not always the case at many hotels
    • Deluxe Single Room

Unfortunately during our stay there was a lot of construction noise in the street Below my room from early in the morning. But that obviously would not be a constant

Wonderful friendly service at breakfast as well as at reception. Good breakfast selection. Very good central location. Will use this hotel again

Antique, great staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

You can easily wake up in 2:00 am hearing guests coming up late to the hotel talking or walking even if their voices were low.

Everything was good, the room, the bathroom, the beds, the staff of the hotel and its location given that it's nearby the Heineken Experience building, it's like in the center of the center, connects between the museum island and the Dam.

Great location, within 20-30 min walk of all major...

Quite basic, functional.

Great location, within 20-30 min walk of all major attractions - even quicker if you prefer the trams. Very friendly staff :-)

Even with the small disadvantages, it was great and I will come back
    • Double or Twin Room

Did not changed the towel even that it was a little bit dirty from the day before, the bathroom was small.

The crew was nice and welcoming, the car service to the airport was great as well. The cleaning was daily and strict.

Excellent Accommodation
    • Double or Twin Room

There wasn't anything, I disliked about the hotel. I suppose the smallest criticism would be more coffee/sugar and creamer in the room

The staff were so helpful and friendly. The room was suitable for purpose and was lovely and warm..it was freezing outside!!

Comfortable room with all amenities required.
    • Double or Twin Room

Comfortable room with all amenities required. Location was really good with a 10 minute walk to old town. Very friendly staff who are happy to help and recommend places to visit.

Comfortable hotel and very friendly staff
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel was a little tired but nothing that wasn't expected. The location could have been more central but it really didn't cause us a problem and let's face it, the location isn't the hotels fault :-)

The hotel had everything we needed. The beds were very comfortable and the hotel was nice and warm. Just what we needed after the bitter cold weather.

The staff is friendly and helpful, they were kind enough to...

The room isn't very spacious. It would be perfect for a couple, but for three persons is a bit small. The location isn't great if you're planning to walk a lot, like we did. The hotel is located about 2km far from the city center. But if you plan to take the tram every time, you should be fine, it's a quiet and nice zone near Albert Cuyp Market. I think it was overpriced all things considered, but maybe it is the Amsterdam standard price!

The staff is friendly and helpful, they were kind enough to print our boarding passes for our return flight. They provide clean towels everyday, some nice bathroom goodies (shower gel, shampoo, body lotion) and they offer tea and coffee. The wifi is excelent! Super strong signal.

Gorgeous cosy European style boutique hotel location in
    • Small Single Room

The staff were very helpful & friendly .....very easy picture perfect walk or ride to all the action nearby but further enough away so you get a peaceful nights sleep zzzzzzzzz

Firstly I booked a small room for 1.
    • Small Single Room

Firstly I booked a small room for 1. But when I arrived have been proposed to take a room for 3 with 3 small separate bads, looks like dormitory. Thanks to stuff they changed my room finally. Also there were a wiered smell in the morning. I think there were some ventilation problems as starting from 6 in the morning there was a bacon smell in my room.

Room was perfect for what we needed, in a great location.
    • Double or Twin Room

When leaving the room you had to leave your key with the reception staff, we didn’t on the first night and baisically got told off. When you come back and collect the key, you just say room number, no need to prove who you are- anyone could walk in and take it! Didn’t feel very secure with that method.

Room was perfect for what we needed, in a great location.

My best vacation in Amsterdam.
    • Small Single Room

Nice location. Really close to all the coffeeshops and museums in town. Highly recommended if you travel alone. Great breakfast, very nice staff, excellent Wi-Fi.

I liked the hospitality on reception and very good breakfast.
    • Deluxe Single Room

I did not like only one thing. All hotel smelled in the morning with fried oil and my clothes and hair was smell like that all day( only one minus.

I liked the hospitality on reception and very good breakfast. Was very warm in the room and cozy

Friendly, relaxed base for inner city sight-seeing
    • Small Single Room

The doors and steps are really not suitable for wheelchair access.

the staff were very helpful in moving me around in my wheelchair and making arrangements for me to get to places in Amsterdam. The breakfasts were excellent and it was nice not to have to rush in the morning. The breakfast staff were particularly nice.

The young lady at the reception was very kind sympathic and...
    • Small Single Room

In the single room there is almost no space between the lavatory and wc that makes sitting on the closer very uncomfortable. I didn't like it when i got to know by my personal effort that the phone in my room wasn't working and for this reason I should have missed the wake up call i had asked earlier. I would almost miss the flight. It would be much better to have electronic key cards without having to interact with receptionists everytime you go in and out of the hotel.

The young lady at the reception was very kind sympathic and helpful. 10 points go for her. All the staff was kind.

The staff was really helpful, there is a lot of information...

The beds were small

The staff was really helpful, there is a lot of information for tourists attractions. You can buy tickets for canal cruise and hop on hop off bus there.

Its was warm and cosy
    • Double or Twin Room

We didnt have a double bed when we was meant to we had two singles put together and not having breakfast including with the stay.

Its was warm and cosy

You'd better stay there
    • Deluxe Single Room

No toothbrush and no toothpaste

Everything were good, I liked my breakfast. Location was excellent because it is located in the middle of city centre and the south of Amsterdam so you can chose where to go, both sides very interesting and you will easily find good places such as museum, cafe, entertainment and so on.

Quiet cosy place. Amazing breakfast. Close to main attractions.
    • Double or Twin Room

Amazing breakfast. Fresh orange juice. The croissants are just perfect. The place is VERY quiet (restaurants, rooms, neighborhood). It is 10 minutes away from Heineken Factory, cruises. A few minutes away from public transportation. We were allowed to do early checkin on the first day as we arrived at 5:30am.

Excellent location good value.
    • Quadruple Room

Beds are very soft - keep in mind if you have a bad back. Also some building work going on opposite outside when we were there. Not a big problem unless you are a very light sleeper.

Good location. Friendly and havevery helpful staff. Lift very useful.

Clean, accurate ordering, all shampoos good and soap
    • Small Single Room

Too soft bad, old fashion facility, problems with temperature regulation during winter, no minibar in room

Clean, accurate ordering, all shampoos good and soap

I AMsterdam
    • Double or Twin Room

The heating system was a bit noisy with the water drops.

The staff were super friendly, 24/7 sitting there and waiting for you. The beds are comfy and rooms are cleaned daily. The location is amazing in the very center of Amsterdam. (10 minutes from everything)

Great location, basic room but has everything you need.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was very cramped, we had to keep moving the towel rail to get to the toilet. Our double bed was two singles put together, they kept moving apart so we had to push them back together multiple times.

Great location, walking distance to all main attractions but on a quiet street so not disturbed at night. Staff very friendly and helpful, reception manned 24/7. Great free WiFi

Satisfied and happy
    • Double or Twin Room

On my floor and room specifically, it wasnt very soundproof. So when someone was entering their room next door, it almost sounded as if they were entering our room. It wasnt terribly noisy and once I realised what was happening, it didnt disturb me anymore. But if youre very sensitive with sound, that is the only sound you will deal with (from rooms next door). Other then that though, the hotel is located is a nice quiet street and 0 noise.

It's not the most modern hotel in terms of design and vibe. Its very old school cosy though. That being said, its very cosy and has all one needs. TV, comfy bed, heating, WIFI, soaps etc. The staff is super duper friendly. Location was great for us. Id go back.

Very pleased.
    • Small Single Room

Staff were not very outgoing and had few words of welcome or anything else for that matter. Information stated room would have a safety desposit box - but disappointed to see this was v old not v secure and had no key or instructions on how to use.

Lovely quiet location an easy 10 - 12 min walk from the very centre. Well presented, clean, tidy and quiet. Bathroom especially was in good condition with excellent hot water and shower was very good. Room was discreetly cleaned every day without disturbing me.

A great central base for a stay in Amsterdam
    • Double or Twin Room

Such a lovely place to stay in Amsterdam! The staff were really accommodating and even let us check in early and leave our bags at the end of the trip so that we didn't have to carry them about all day. The facilities were great, and the room was very comfortable! About a half hour walk from Centraal and close to a tram stop.

Welcoming hotel. Great location
    • Double or Twin Room

Room 33 at the top of the hotel. Small bathroom, but was only for my son and myself, so was adequate enough for us. Not so much a negative, but just a heads up if you are planing to stay there. I'm sure other rooms may be larger.

Very friendly staff. Location was excellent. Met the owner on the last day, again very welcoming. :)

Safe, secure and friendly boutique hotel which caters to your needs.
    • Small Single Room

I only tried breakfast on the last day. The food is good; just make sure your plate and mug is clean. Better to have your breakfast at the nearby street market on the parallel road behind or close to the hotel... You can even buy it from the supermarket, or walk a few meters to the shops.

The location is excellent. It's close to the Heineken Brewery, the market, and the museums. Overall the staff was friendly, and informative. They helped me with city directions, and even booked me a shuttle to the airport which was less expensive than the taxi I wanted to take. Good value for money! Definitely suits your purpose if you're looking for a practical venue that delivers your raw necessities; however, if you want something luxurious or more dandy, opt for another place.

Clean Room, Helpful Staff, Excellent Breakfast
    • Double or Twin Room

Room could've done with a repaint.

Breakfast: One of the best we've had! Bacon, Eggs and Pancakes available as well as Croissant, Toast, Bread Rolls with Cheese and Ham, Lots of Jams and Spreads, Selection of Tea and Coffee. Staff very helpful in the Breakfast Room. Cleanliness: Clean corridors, clean room and modern bathroom. Very good facilities for what we've paid! Location: Just a 30 minute walk from Amsterdam Central Station (head south from the station, past Madam Tussauds and head towards the Heineken Experience). 10 minute from Leidseplein (good restaurants nearby) and Rijksmuseum. 5 minute walk from Heineken Experience.

Warm pleasant and welcoming.
    • Double or Twin Room

I am a tall person and find the bathroom a little cramped. This is not a complaint as the facilities are clean and fully functional. Just a tiny bit more room might be nice.

A warm welcome (in very good English) at reception. A lift to all floors. Clean and warm.

Basic but in the City center.

Quite cold room, you have to ask staff to turn on heating.

Basic but in the City center. Public transport just around the corner, but you can also reach everything walking. WiFi works fine. Staff helpful.

Great location, exciting stay, I will visit again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Nothing really. It was rated 3 stars and this was a fair rating for the accommodation but their service was first class.

They got gluten free bread in especially for me and gave my sister and I a room change without any fuss. My sister hurt her back whilst on the tram and the night manager was so considerate and helpful. We felt well looked after by all the staff.

Good value for the money.
    • Double or Twin Room

few more power sockets would be great :)

good location, close to the tram, few supermarkets and cafes. It was really easy to get to the city center by foot. friendly staff and quiet street.

Very nice hotel in a good location , comfortable and clean...
    • Small Single Room

I put the sign 'Do not disturb' but for the room service that didn't mean anything, they anyway knocked on the door and opened it.

Very nice hotel in a good location , comfortable and clean room with all essential facilities.

Comfy, nice, would absolutely go there again.
    • Deluxe Single Room

The location is a bit far from the city center (around 20-30 mins walking), but there are a nearby tram station which will take you there withing 5-10 mins.

The bed was great, comfy. Windows are large and you can open them. The room had some space. Bathroom was good. The food was great but there is not much variety there. The place was quite. Very recommended. >>> Bonus ( Don't forget to take a coupon from the resection for a 5 euro discount for the canal cruise)

Quiet area at night, location near to both the city center...

As everywhere in Amsterdam prices were quite high

Quiet area at night, location near to both the city center and museumsplein. Friendly staff and clean rooms.

Really enjoyable.
    • Double or Twin Room

Only a fairly minor point in that the room didn't have a personal safe so had to take passports/all cash around Amsterdam.

The Location was really good for sightseeing and the staff were extremely helpful and informative. I liked the fact that you could book for attractions (with a discount) and also for public transport.

Room was on the first floor and I don't think they had a...

The hotel was very difficult to find because of the confusing street structure (it's on a side street)and not well marked on the outside. No one in the area could explain the street structure (odd since they lived there) It was very convenient to the trams once we figured out where it was.

Room was on the first floor and I don't think they had a lift. The room was clean, functional, and mostly comfortable. There was no A/C or any way to get air moving in the room so it felt stuffy. The room was also pretty small for a triple (but that was expected). They also helped us with some attractions tickets. The staff was very good.

Excellent value for money
    • Double or Twin Room

Bar area not comfortable for a relaxed drink

Excellent location within easy walking distance of museums and canal excursions. Good range of restaurants within walking distance.

Lovely traditional building, walking distance from...
    • Double or Twin Room

Not much to complain about. Lovely hotel.

Lovely traditional building, walking distance from Rembrandtsplien, a little far out from other things but it's close to the tram. First class service from the friendly, hardworking staff. Perfect for what we needed.

Hotel staff were lovely and breakfast was very nice
    • Double or Twin Room

Beds were 2 singles on wheels, kept rolling apart! Was slightly far away from centre around a 20-30 minute walk to most places!

Hotel staff were lovely and breakfast was very nice

The front desk gentleman at night was a wealth of...

Parking is expensive in this area.

The front desk gentleman at night was a wealth of information and helped us considerably, The location was good, right near a metro stop, Italian restaurants and a canal tour stop. The family room is in the back and is very quiet. Extra bathrooms located just outside the room were handy.

Front desk staffers were very friendly, accommodating,...
    • Double or Twin Room

Front desk staffers were very friendly, accommodating, informative, etc. Location was in quiet, safe area close to museums. Beds were comfortable and clean.

The location makes up for the property's shortcomings.
    • Double or Twin Room

Accommodation was fairly basic.

The location of this property is excellent. 5 minutes walk to Rembrandt square and multiple tram lines running a stone's throw away from the property.

Very clean, good location.
    • Deluxe Single Room

Minor issue, Tv was old, reception not great (though staff offered to have it checked), limited range of channels and remote very slow to operate.

Staff helpful

Was OK but for an unwelcoming rude evening receptionnist....!!!
    • Quadruple Room

A very rude unwelcoming even hostile evening receptionist.... One Feels tied to reception (Receptionnist) because Hotel Still using old give key (to go out) - retrieve key(to go in) from reception, system instead of magnetic cards Quite a walk from Amsterdam Centraal station

Cleaness , Quite Location.... Two kind, lovely and Helpful Ladies as Morning receptionists

The hotel is greatly located in a very nice and quiet...
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is greatly located in a very nice and quiet (important because Amsterdam is a party place) area, at waking distance from the center, and close to the Heineken factory and the museum area (including also Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum); so the location gives the possibility to easily reach the main touristic spots through panoramic walks on the canals. The room was not big, but quite clean and comfortable. The staff is really friendly and helpful, and the hotel directly provides facilities like cruise tickets and bicycle rental services. The reception works 24x7 and is available for any need.

The hotel is situated near to city center, in quiet street.

We got a small room on the first floor ( room No. 2 ). The windows was closed with wood planks. It was not possible to open the windows. On the windows was spider web. Must note that I was compensated for it by hotel.

The hotel is situated near to city center, in quiet street. Good breakfast. Clean room ( small for thee persons ) and bathroom. Helpful staff.

Highly recommended

Although I had an issue with da night staff @first , but it turned out that it was a misunderstanding,

Jan & Alex are nice gentlemen,They assisted me with change of the booking,cool hints about da city ,cruise tickets, great Taxi to da Airport and so on, The location is pretty well, Room size is sufficient for couple of nights, Amsterdam's downtown is one of da most expensive neighbours in Europe, The hotel is reasonable value for the money paid, Therefore I recommend you to stay @ this hotel, Best of luck,

Nice stay probably a bit expensive
    • Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast was a bit basic Staircase could kill you if tipsy. We had quite a decent size room and kept cool, others in our party had full sun in their room had to request a fan and bathroom a bit small

Location just the right distance to get around, not near any noisy places shops and eating drinking near by. Friendly helpful staff.

Good staff make an average place good
    • Small Single Room

The size of room was not what I predicted it to be. It was not that clean I expected.

The staff there were really kind and supportive, especially the Pakistani receptionist, Navid Abid.

Poor beds, angry midnight porter

The shower was dirty and towels extremely small. One member was staff was quite rude when we arrived back to the hotel late and didn't like friends visiting, even though we'd paid £200 for the room.

It was close to the centre and was a nice walk.

We were treated with helpful friendliness and thoughtful suggestions. We would stay again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Would have liked to have been able to cool the rooms better. The safes for valuables were "funky".

Staff was friendly and helpful. Location was great. Good value for the cost.

Simple but sufficient
    • Deluxe Single Room

The television did not work, but that was not that big of a deal although I enjoy watching television in other countries even if I do not understand it! :)

The location was great; there were three tram stops nearby and a Albert Heijn the next street over. I found the bed to be comfy. I also liked the bathtub, which is not so common, especially in Europe. The staff was super helpful: I needed to be at the airport by 5 AM, and one of them arranged a taxi at a fixed rate, so I wouldn't have to worry about figuring out the night bus. The front desk also sells 1, 2, 3-day public transportation tickets (although I did not realize this until my last night.) Internet connection was AWESOME!

Nicolaas Hotel Very good place .
    • Double or Twin Room

Nicolaas Hotel Very good place .. it's clean and orderly .. great service and very sweet people working there ... and great location in amsterdam center

We visited Amsterdam for a congress in RAI.
    • Double or Twin Room

Not the cheapest but Amsterdam is rather expensive alltogether

We visited Amsterdam for a congress in RAI. The tram Connection to/from RAI und to/from City Center was excellent. Very nice restaurans in 10 Min Walking distance

Basic accommodation in quiet, accessible neighborhood
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel's website says that breakfast is included for all rooms. However, apparently booking through booking.com negates the breakfast, and the staff told us this at breakfast on our first morning. The property is not air conditioned, which can be uncomfortable in peak summer heat.

The location was good, and the rooms tidy and mostly comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Browse Hotel Nicolaas Witsen traveller photo gallery