Reviews of Novotel Den Haag City Centre 4 stars

Hofweg 5 - 7, The Hague City Centre, 2511 AA The Hague, Netherlands

#17 of 39 hotels in The Hague

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Excellent location and facilities, would stay again!
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

Size and comfort of the room was excellent, and a travel cot with bedding and additional towels were in situ on arrival, which we had requested by email beforehand. Staff were all very friendly and helpful too.

Very well run with tremendous staff

Rooms maybe need a makeover, look a little tired but they are quiet, as the hotel is solidly built and is an older building that had a different use in the past.

Great location but the staff make this place, they are all excellent and so helpful

Perfect location in centre of town.

The bathroom & toilet are separate which is good but no sink with toilet! Rooms very hot even with full setting air conditioning on. It’s not good! Rooms are basic but clean.

Perfect location in centre of town. Clean. Friendly staff. Lots of places to eat & drink just outside hotel. No need to pay for expensive breakfast at hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Great place to stay, the staff makes it very cozy!
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed (3 Adults)

Everything was extra fine!

THE STAFF! Linda who made the check in experience smooth, who offered us many valuable advices and a little welcome gift! Thank you, Linda! You are a great professional and the best friend we have in NL so far! 😊 Although we didn't catch Linda's colleagues names, they were all exceptional, always willing to help. Thank you guys! Dennis, who helps me learning dutch, the dutch beer and who offered me a great lunch. Big thumb up for being social and cheerful all day! Hope you will have a great career in the industry! 👍🏻

Exceeded expectations

As this is a large hotel it would have been nice if they could offer rooms to accommodate 2 adults and 3 children in the same room

Very good breakfast buffet selection.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Great location for visiting The Hague

The breakfast was disappointing

Smart and comfortable hotel right in the city centre - easy to walk everywhere. Very helpful to have onsite parking. Our room was on the top floor and extremely quiet, the only noise we heard was the seagulls!

Location was great!
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed (3 Adults)

Our original assigned room was very damm and tight. But there was a problem with the pull out bed. Without questions the staff moved us to an upgrade room. Very nice of them. Thank you.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Excellent location.

Rooms a little small. Parking not included in accommodation, but available at least.

Excellent location. Good breakfast. Child friendly with extra playing area and dedicated kids breakfast.

Centrally located
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed (3 Adults)

Staff could be friendlier to guests. Especially room service could be much attentive; for example our room was reserved for 3 persons but they forgot to make up sofa bed and bring towels etc. for the third person. We had to request this and it took very long before this was done. This happened also when we moved to a bigger room. WIFI connection horrible: was very slow and was constantly disconnecting. We have stayed at this hotel in the past and our experience is that the service has declined.

Hotel is very close to shopping area, restaurants and public transportation.

No A/C
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

They have chargerd me more alot and did not return the extra money until now. The hotel i booked with after that return the blocked mony to my credit card the next day.

No A/C

We like that the hotel is very close to the center.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed (3 Adults)

We don't like at all that the hotel ask 80 euro as guarantee and give them back after 10 work days if you don't consume breakfast or bar staff. We don't like that it's not declared during the reservartion the amount of the city tax. We paid 20 euros more at our arrival.

We like that the hotel is very close to the center.

Mediocre, bad bathroom, dirty carpet, great location

I booked a superior double room for 140 euros (including breakfast). The room was mediocre and did not correspond to the pictures online. The toilet room was completely basic, in a tiny separate room, without any washbasin to wash your hands afterwards. And the bathtub with the washbasin was in another room, renovated but still very rudimentary. The worst part in this room was the dirty carpet. I was staying on the 3rd floor, the window was giving to the inside of the gallery, and I understand that I did not ask for a view but for a 'Superior Double Room' in a Novotel Hotel, I expected more in terms of cleanliness, space and toilet room. The breakfast was decent, but still the staff were over zealous about the timing. I arrived at 9:10, and they immediately informed me that the breakfast buffet was closing in 20 mins! And then when a family of 3 arrived at 9;30 to have breakfast, they refused their entry to the breakfast buffet and told them to leave. I have never seen such a thing in a good hotel, where people have paid already their breakfast, and it left a very bad impression to me. And plus, the breakfast was not something spectacular. I would not stay there again, and I bet for the money you can find something better in The Hague.

The location of the hotel was excellent. The breakfast was decent and the hotel staff were moderately welcoming.

Den Haag is a lively city and really better for shopping compared to Amsterdam and Rotterdam.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed (3 Adults)

We stayed in family room with three single beds and there’s not enough space to open the three luggages. However, there are not many choice for family room to 3 adults.

The hotel is at the Passage shopping mall which has doomed glass ceiling and lots of shops to seek for something you like. I bought a 4 colour ball pen from a shop in there selling only many kind of pens.

Good choice downtown!
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

Dirty carpet. Linen & towels didn't smell so good.

Excellent location. Free minibar with water & refreshments. Good breakfast and for kids. Family friendly. A few amenities for kids. Gym included.

The room was very nice and clean.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed (3 Adults)

The room was just a bit too small for 3 people as when the sofa bed opens there was barely space to move. I did not appreciate that we had to block some money for the minibar in my credit card. There was no explanation about this and I had to kindly inquire about this to the receptionsit. The sink was also a bit strange.

The room was very nice and clean. The towels were very fluffy and nice.

Excellent hotel with friendly staff, highly recommend.

For business purposes, the wifi did not handle my connection very well, but it was OK.

Great location, very friendly staff, great facilities in the room, especially liked the cooler, comfy bed, clean facilities and good environmental policy.

In the heart of the city centre

The breakfast became monotonous especially for an 11 day stay.

The location, I loved the bed, the room and especially the attentive and friendly staff. I really enjoyed my stay. Also, the €5 from “Do not clean my room” was a bonus.

Great location within shopping area and friendly staff

Some of the rooms are in need of maintenance, but staff promptly resolve the problem by upgrading to room

Good location within the shopping area, reception nice and friendly

Great location in Den Haag, excellent rooms and breakfast!
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

Pillows could be more firm, or perhaps two per person. Our access card became defective twice in the first two days, and had to be reloaded. From the third day, we received two new cards, that worked for the rest of our 8-day stay.

Well-sized family room, with comfortable bed and large shower. Excellent breakfast, and the complimentary Nespresso and drinks in the room were wonderful extras!

Location is perfect, closed to Central Station and Centrum.

The toilet is in a separate room from the Bath room which is inconvenient for many nationalities. Room housekeeping is really bad. The room is not cleaned properly. One day, I arrived to see a new towel is put in the wash basin, NOT on the rack. Also, the bed linen are not changed.

Location is perfect, closed to Central Station and Centrum. Staff are very friendly and helpful

Lovely comfortable stay in central Hague

Windows (overlooking the shopping arcade) could have done with double glazing - the acoustics in the shopping arcade made it a bit noisy during shopping hours. Bathroom a bit small.

Fantastic central location. Good WiFi, good parking (for central Hague). Nice big room (we were given an upgrade). Bath AND shower (so many hotels only have one or the other). Very comfortable bed and pillows.

Best place to stay!
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

I can't think of a thing I dislike

My favorite place to stay in Den Haag. The location is perfect with shopping and eating places all around. Both train stations are in walking distance. The beds in the hotel are so comfortable it's hard to get up, but the breakfast buffet makes getting up well worth it. My kids love playing Foosball in the lobby and never get tired of it. The staff is always so kind and accommodating. This was our second time staying here and I always recommend it to everyone who goes up to that area.

Loved the Den Haag and the hotel - great breakfast team.

the car parking was tight - but it was great to have parking on site - think it is a bit expensive though as a guest at the hotel.

we loved the yoghurt :-) and the glass jars ! the location was brilliant

Decent

The wifi was spotty. I was given a room for handicapped people, although I am not handicapped. The cleaning staff didn't attempt to make the room before ~14:00. The breakfast buffet is bad value for money (20 Euro for a slightly below average selection).

The bed was comfy. Nicely located. Friendly staff.

The hotel is in center location and the staffs are nice.

The shower in the hotel is bad. It doesnot have the capability to flow hot water consistently.

The hotel is in center location and the staffs are nice. :-)

Spacy room, comfortable bed, zone for kids, perfect...
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

The room was clean, however it was not cleaned well during our stay. Not all staff was very pleasant at the reception.

Spacy room, comfortable bed, zone for kids, perfect breakfast and general atmosphere of the hotel was great!

Superb, I will be back

The booking did not make it clear I had the option of selecting breakfast. I assumed breakfast was included as standard

Central location. From the hotel to shops is covered. I didn’t get out on the open

locations, comfy bed, great breakfast

I saw a couple of hair in the bathtub that are not mine...

Comfy bed, awesome breakfast (variety of coffee choices with cinnamom bowl aside, good croissant, hot enlglish breakfast menu available, granola snacks, juice, pancakes, small veggie/fruit/ham/cheese bar(variety cheese choices), welcoming staff was very friendly and ready to help. Great locations. Many restaurants on its rightward corner. 15 minute walk from den hagg station, tram station just a foot from hotel.

Very enjoyable short stay!

Check-in systems were a bit slow but staff was extremely friendly and apologised for the inconvenience. When we tried to park, there was a large van sitting in front of the only entrance and the workers were quite rude. We luckily arrived 5 minutes before they left but some cars had been waiting far longer.

Nice sized rooms, great bathroom and amenities, incredible location. Everyone was friendly and very welcoming, especially to our French Bulldog.

A hotel that has an exit into De Passage is everything you want when visiting Den Haag

The location was just perfect with 5-10 minutes walking distance from anything you would want. The room was clean and the bed quite comfortable. The bar downstairs was nice and quiet and the exit into De Passage made it extra special.

We enjoyed staying with Novotel City Center and it is really
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

The toilet is a bit small. Well, I can say that overall we had a great stay.

Novotel has upgraded our room to a suite room and we were glad as this is really handy with young kids.. My kids enjoyed the spacious room a lot..we are also amazed with the spacious bathroom too.

Hotel basic rated itself better than it is. Fine for students but not if you want comfort.
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed (3 Adults)

Shower old and dated also did not feel totally clean, stains on hotel bedroom walls. Curtains not hanging on rail so looked tatty.

Hotel rooms basic,out dated. Location only bonus.

Location was great.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed (3 Adults)

I thought that the room felt a bit crowded with three people inside. Also, because I had such high expectations for Novotel as a brand that I was disappointed when I realised that I was more comfortable in another hotel in The Hague.

Location was great. It was at the heart of the city center so it was near to restaurants. It was two minutes away from the bus and tram stop. We were also very grateful that we were allowed to do an early check-in without additional cost.

The location was excellent and the bar/reception area is...

The decor and furniture in the rooms is a bit dated. It didn't match the reception area which is very modern. The rooms at the back are quiet, but the view isn't very nice.

The location was excellent and the bar/reception area is pretty! We had a big room with a comfy bed. The staff at the reception desk was friendly and helpfull. Also, the room was clean.

The location is very strategic as it is very close to the...

The rooms that we booked were noisy as they were right next to the mall. Lots of people and Christmas songs sound. I prefer to stay on the other side of the building.

The location is very strategic as it is very close to the eating and shopping area.

Perfect place to stay in the Hague. No need to search for other place

The gym is small and dont have much in it.

Very well located, just next to supermarket, restaurants, shopping area, cinema and tram stops, even casino :) Vietnamese restaurant, Japanese restaurant, Dudok, KFC, Burger King are just next door. The hotel is next to shopping arcade with a lot of stores including Apple shop. Very easy to go to scheveningen, delft and other places because ver near to tram stops. Room size also quite big. The staff are very kind and helpful. They even help us to book our room at Mercure Amsterdam. My wife accidentally dropped her phone at the lobby and before we realize it the reception called us to inform us. Perfect place to stay in the Hague.

Super.
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

I can't think of anything.

Everything about this hotel was fantastic ... starting from reception to comfort and privacy. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. the Hotel is also very near to shopping malls and other attractions. Excellent hotel.

disapointing

They charged me 52 euro more than the price I booked at. Moreover, it took one hour to get an iron and an ironingboard, when I finally got it the iron destroyed one of my shirts.

Adequate

The bathroom was terrible, it was very small and claustrophobic and the paint was peeling off the walls. The TV was also tiny.

It was located in good part of the city. Our room was upgraded so the suite was very spacious and we had a jaquzzi type bath as well as a separate shower.

Perfect for a city getaway
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

The windows desperately need cleaning!!! It is a shame with the nice view that the windows are so greasy. The ceiling in the shower is mouldy due to lack of airing. There is music in the Passage from the morning, so if you are sensitive to noise it could be a problem.

We had room 108, 2 adults and 2 big children, which was very spacious, also the bathroom. View was really nice: The shopping Passage, beautiful! Big corner room. And the location is perfect, in the middle of The Hague. It will not be the last time we book Novotel The Hague City Centre

Tired hotel but amazing staff keeping it together! They all deserve a pay rise!

Dated and tired rooms. Wobbly loo, sink didn't drain well, room was far too hot and we had to hang out the open window to keep comfortable and cool . Dirty carpet and lacking acceptable tea and coffee provision for the price paid (with just small paper cups!), Fold out couch (for booked so called triple room) was awkward and uncomfortable.

Excellent location, check in was acceptable, friendly and professional but check out was fantastic. We were not blown away by our stay but the wonderful checkout staff listened to us and assured things would be looked at and addressed. Very comfortable bed! Excellent mattress and pillows 😁

Best place, with clean rooms.

There were no slippers in the room and breakfast ends earlier than usual. Wireless was somewhat slow in some places of the hotel and I never understood why toilet would be in a different place than the bathroom/sink. But oh well.. Also they did not replace the complimentary water, which was odd.

The place is just perfect. It is in the middle of everything. You'd never use a taxi or a car, uber etc. all the nice places are close by. Rooms are clean, breakfast is nice, and personal is just lovely. The tram is really close by so you can get to anywhere with tram in 5-10 minutes. You also have cable connection in your room, however I preferred going to a close by coffee places to work and stuff, rather than being stuck in the room. I'd stay there again for sure.

very relaxing, comfortable stay in the Hague

It would have been good if there were tea and coffee in the room or at least a machine in the corridor.

Lovely lounge area, excellent staff, good breakfast.Great location and very near metro station.The Hague is a great place to stay, and having a drink on a canal boat in the September sun was very enjoyable.

Great location, hotel needs an upgrade.

The hotel seemed a bit 'tired' - time to change the room carpets for sure. Providing a standard size kettle for the minuscule paper cup provided to make tea seemed a little over stated. Would have been nice to get a complimentary bottle of water on both days of my stay. A small body lotion in the bathroom toiletries offering is also appreciated.

The staff were really helpful and the location was great. Right in the city centre and in easy reach of everything. Good access to the trams.

Family (of four) stay in the city.
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

Parking is expensive €22.50/day. Though, everywhere in the city it is like that. Restaurant has little daylight and is therefore a bit gloomy.

Good location, smack in the middle of the city. Next to a pleasant shopping gallery 'Passage', good for all weather and with a nice coffee shop for breakfast. Tram stop to Scheveningen within 100m walk.

espresso coffee machine in the room - very good idea.
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

parking in the hotel was quite expensive, and my car did not fit in the elevator. So for regular sedan cars (BMW 5) - there is no parking available at all.

espresso coffee machine in the room - very good idea. friendly and helpful staff.

Great location, good for families

€20/person breakfast

Great central location. Good quality furniture, entrance lobby to the room means no corridor noise gets into the bedroom= a good night's sleep!

Great stay overall - friendly staff
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

Room was nice. Excellent central location. Bed was fairly comfortable-sofa bed ok for kids but probably not adults. Small room but expected. Lots of choice on breakfast buffet but would suggest putting out less of hot foods because they get cold.

Great Location
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

1- The parking is small and costly. 2- Room was small for a family of 4 P.

1- It's in perfect location. 2- Friendly staff. 3- Good breakfast. 4- They have small playing area for kids.

TERRIBLE & POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed (3 Adults)

We booked and paid for a triple room, everything was provided for 2 people not three, from coffee cups, coffee, tea, towels. We had to argue with the cleaner everyday to put an extra of everything and she was just so unhelpful, refused to make the beds properly of vacuum the room properly, complained to reception, they did nothing. Shower was always blocked, you ended up standing in ankle high water when you shower as it would not drain properly. Hated this hotel and they ripped me off for the money I paid.

Location and that's all

Oddly so, many proprieties try to assign you to their worst rooms : this is one of them !
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed (3 Adults)

it is unacceptable to pay a 4 star rate and being checked in a room with both windows completely blocked with blue construction plastic screens at 10 cm from the glass. Although we asked to change the room and the request was accomodated, the floor where construction is ongoing should either be closed to public or shoudl be sold at 50% cost

great location, very central.

The additional sofa-bed was made nicely for the kids.
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

The room was boring decorated; shower rod was a bit loose on the wall. Room felt out-dated.

The additional sofa-bed was made nicely for the kids. Appreciated the toilet being separate room and not included in the bathroom, nice with kids. Nice reception staff

Great option for family with children for short trip
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

A bit noisy but that is other side of great location inside city centre. A bit strange design of some non-critical room aspects: no control over individual light source, toilet and bath is separated but after toilet you anyway need bath to wash hands.

Location is just great for tourist. All 'hot list' places are nearby. Walking distance from train station and direct tram to the beach. For up to 2 children it is quite possible to arrange everything for free (including breakfast). Breakfast seems to be the same but is good. Children like it and parents will value good coffee. Makes things much more pleasant.

Breakfast selection is good, location is fantastic-...

Beds were not comfy at all, house cleaning sometimes left dirty towels and kept knocking every 15 minutes in the morning so that they can clean the room. Some guy that checks the smoking alarm walked into our room with his master key... basically, privacy is not respected at all

Breakfast selection is good, location is fantastic- everything is close by.

Perfect place to discover The Hague
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

Perhaps the breakfast price could be a bit more reasonable.

Cosy interior design of the lobby makes you feel home. Room was spacious. The location is the most ideal to discover the city. Breakfast was great.

The location was fabulous.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed (3 Adults)

The room was a little small for 3 adults and 4 nights. We felt a bit cramped.

The location was fabulous. The breakfast buffet was wonderful. The staff was very professional, very polite and always helpful!

6 day trip

-more effort could be put for cleanliness of towels and bed sheets, towels had bad odor and I had to ask them to change it a couple of times -hallways smelled very bad at the first floor where the room was located

-bed was very comfortable -ordered extra hangers and was immediately delivered to my room -hotel location was excellent -reception was very kind and helpful -room was spacious for usual hotels located in the center

• Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed (3 Adults)

I payed for 3 people but the room service was for just for 2 people. small room, Just a bottle of water for 2 days and 3 people in room!

Breakfast was good, location was also convenient. 20 minute to central station by walk but in a nice part of city, and public transportations are available in 5 minutes walking.

friendly staff, comfortable and clean, great location.

parking is possible, but tricky. very narrow entry, and guests park wherever they want/block other cars, due to lack of space

friendly staff, comfortable and clean, great location.

I am coming back
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

I have to park a bit far away, which was a little inconvenience. Not a big deal though.

excellent hotel overall. great location and really good breakfast.

Very good solution for a family traveling with a large family. good access to the center of den haag

I was looking for a room for a family traveling with one adult and three under age chidren. Novotel was only place that offered a room that could accomodate everyone in one room. The price was very reasonable and the breakfast offered good selection of foods (even gluten free choices). it is recommended for families traveling with small children.

Very affordable price for family room and central location.

Toilet and bathroom are in different rooms, would be better if toilet has a separate sink to wash the hands.

Very affordable price for family room and central location.

a nightmare of a guest to find the rubish if a guest before you

i got a room with rubbish ban full of dirt no hair conditioner water in the fridge when i asked to get it i had to ask few times this hotel is not cheap but i never ever saw such a thing some stuff is o.k. some do not know their job i was so angry when i came after flight and the room first day was not properly clean

the location breakfast

Family break

Friendly staff. The hotel was clean, great price and located in the middle of the city centre. 10 minutes walking from the train station and a couple of minutes from the tram and bus stop. Plenty of restaurants, cafes and takeaways nearby.

Definitely on repeat for me

Nothing, it was literally perfect.

The location couldn't be better, the breakfast was great, the staff was so helpful, polite, spoke perfect english and they were good looking 😉😉

Excellant location from which to explore the very vibrant Den Haag and the surrounding area.

Couple of minor issues but did not detract overall. Toilet was seperate which would have been fine but there was no sink next to toilet to wash hands. Was in room over the passage in Den Haag and as a result there was some noise particuraly early morning on monday and tuesday about 0730 as work was being carried out in the passage but had not been made aware of it when checking in.

Excellent central location in Den Haag with very easy access to transport infrastructure. A large number of very good bars and restaurants are all within a 5 minute walk.

Wonderful stay in The Hague City Centre!
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed (3 Adults)

Our room 119, had broken heating and was cold (but the staff bought 2 electric heaters up for us straight away!)

The staff are excellent, so friendly and professional. Breakfast was an awesome feast....so much choice. Beds are comfortable and the area is very quiet. I would definitely stay here again.

Really enjoyed the breakfasts.

Can't think of anything to complain about.

Really enjoyed the breakfasts. In the children just loved them. Very pleasant welcome from the staff at the reception desk.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

don't know what to said , there was loud noise coming...

don't know what to said , there was loud noise coming from the street at 07:00 O'clock , I think it was a building or street work. I heard it from the room clearly , I couldn't even continue sleeping. how could it be a 4 star Hotel without isolated windows.!!! moreover, unpleasant smell coming from the bathroom!! Postive: the location is perfect , with a beautiful Cafe's nearby .

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Excellent Hotel for Family with Kids in the middle of city center

Breakfast is pricey.

Location is perfect in the middle of the city center. Staff is helpfull. Children corner is great, my kids love it. Parking is cheaper than other parking lot but small , we got parking space on the first day but not in the second day. They inform in advance the alternative parking though and offer the 10% discount on the nearby parking lot.

Very good value.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed (3 Adults)

Could have done with one more coffee machine in breakfast room.

Plenty of breakfast choices and all good quality and quantity. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Pleasant stay

Rooms and corridors are a little dated (but everything was kept well clean) Value for money was correct

Excellent location. Friendly staff. Lobby funnily decorated and even with a kids movie on friday evening. Good breakfast

not worth the money. expensive but in the center. you can find better and cheaper

the toilet has no sink. you have to go to the shower bathroom to wash your hands after you go to the toillet. The staff was not so good. They wanted to charge me for the room although my friend paid for it and she did not appologise that she had the room mistaken. It is a 3 stars hotel not4.

the hotel is really in the center but the parking garage is horrible. very tiny and bad. I recoomend to Park at the museum Quartier underground next to it and you get a 10% discount from the hotel. the rooms were nice and they had also a couch next to the bed. The matress was good.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Great location and staff, decent rooms

Really good hotel but the rooms seem just a little dated/generic, otherwise a great choice. Our air-con unit would only blow warm air.

Great Location literally in the shops, wifi was strong, beds were comfy and the room well laid out. The reception staff were really kind.

Family stay right in the centre of the Hague

The parking garage is limited, we had to park our car in a public parking garage.

The hotel is situated in the heart of the Hague, right next to the parliament and is part of the Passage shopping area. It's a perfect hotel to start exploring the Hague.

Browse Novotel Den Haag City Centre traveller photo gallery