Reviews of Novotel Eindhoven 4 stars

Anthony Fokkerweg 101, Strijp, 5657 EJ Eindhoven, Netherlands

#14 of 28 hotels in Eindhoven

Eindhoven Novotel
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

No transportation to and from hotel and if you want to get to the city it’s a 15min walk to the bus. Not very convenient. Also bar closes at 12 and no food anywhere close by.

It was a really nice and clean hotel

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

I liked that there was a pool and play area for the kids and...
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I didn't like that they don't have much for people with celiac that can't have gluten in there food 3 choices for dinner. And only bread and scrambled eggs for breakfast with a bit of chopped fruit. It would be nice if there was some gluten free cereal, gluten free sausages or even a croissant or breakfast roll. I payed for my hotel rooms months before hand and didn't understand why they do a prepayment of €102 on my credit card. I payed for all our food with cash so it was pointless.

I liked that there was a pool and play area for the kids and the breakfast was good it you don't have celiac.

Excellent hotel with a very friendly and efficient staff.
    • Superior Room with Two Single Beds and a Sofa Bed

The food is not top of the line specially since the menu is very limited. But what ever is served is fresh. The property is not well connected to the city center with public transport and one has no choice but to use the local taxi services which can be expensive.

The property is well maintained with an efficient and friendly staff. Rooms are a bit small but very neat.

Good night sleep
    • Superior Room with Two Single Beds and a Sofa Bed (3 Adults)

I would like to be told ahead of time that you have to pay £13 for parking

Eveything was excellent, comfortable room, good breakfast, good room temperature

In good lines was ok but the details make the difference.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Much dust under the fridge, cleaning is just superficial, to a 4 star hotel you must pay extra for parking and for coffee. Maybe some of their guest came by foot or by horse. The elevator had 29 years. The personel attitude is like they want to charge you even for the air you breath.

Wi-fi, the beds and the pool.

My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day was ruined.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Bed (pillows, sheets, blanket) is made entirely from polyethylene - body is sweating even when conditioner is working on full power. Uncomfortable pillows (too big, spherical and hard- your neck will definetely pain after a sleep). The shower head was broken. I had room with kettle and there was two small thin paper cups, that are usable for one time. At hotel, while checking-in, was forced to pay additional 7 euros for "travelers taxes", nevertheless I prepaid everything. Other hotels include this in bill after booking here. So in my opinion it looks as a scam. No glass cups. I asked reception for glass cups and they told to ask bartender if he has a decent mood to give me glass cups to bring in my room. Luckily, he gave me two cups. Pool is way smaller than it looks on photos and usually it is occupied with children and their parents around, so if you are 16+ you probably won't be able to use it. There is no pedestrian sidewalk, only bike line. So you won't be able to walk to airport after checkout - prepare 15-20 euros for 1km ride to airport.

Don't use this hotel. You will be forced to pay additional "travelers taxes" on check-in. I absolutely hated being there. Luckily, I had to stay only one day there.

Enjoyable but Extra costs for city taxes and parking which is not designed for Right Hand Drive cars
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The bill is always higher than expected, book using pounds sterling but payment taken in Euros at checkout does not match the suggested Euro price on the site! With extra charges for city tax and parking where you don't have much choice, it is always a bigger bill than expected. I come to get access to my children, even though they live in Eindhoven I have to pay city tax for each one of them per night! I have 4 children and if they stay with me I have to have two adjoining rooms, yet we only use one of them!! The hotel is away from parking, you have to pay extra to park in their car park on top of the booking, it's not cheap and it used to be free. The car park barrier system does not always recognise number plate, also it is really awkward for UK cars as it is on the wrong side, so I have to get out of my car and rush to get back in to get past the barrier both on the way in and on the way out! I have stayed here many times over the years and built up many points on the loyalty card, however they cancelled all of my loyalty points because I did not use the hotel for a while. Even the points I built up from using the brand hotel on holidays in several other countries.

The outdoor swimming pool and table tennis. The staff are friendly and speak good English The rooms are very nice

Good location for our journey.
    • Superior Triple Room

The staff were not helpful at all, when we had an issue, which we had to resolve ourselves, customer relations none existent!

Good location for our journey.

OK for one night as it is close to the Eindhoven airport
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Issues with gate (leaving), room power outage. Restaurant was a chaotic place to be - a lot of tourists, bare bellied on the terrace, slow service.

Good location, room OK, pleasant receipt at reception.

Wasn’t too bad in the end, when you spend most of the time outside
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

No fitness/gym available The super room size did not look super! Very tight for 2adults and 2 kids.

Enough space outside the hotel for the kids to play

Nice comfy bed, good size room, very close to the airport
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The hotel took €100 extra when we checked in then how much our room was and said it would be returned after check out, however we left a few days ago and still haven’t received that money, so be careful with this

Nice comfy bed, good size room, very close to the airport

Nice location and vacation for two nights:)
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

It was quite expensive per night for room 250€ :) It is not a hotel. thats why. Even though it was perfect stay.

Everything was perfect. Location just few stepa to the centre.

Ugly, bad, disrespectful staff. The mangager is abig fat liar who doesn’t have any respect
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The staff are so disrespectful, especially the manager. Is too much money for be trated that bad. I wouldn’t stay there even if I get paid for it

It’s just a normal room

Is this still a NOVOTEL?
    • Superior Room with Two Single Beds and a Sofa Bed

Problem was the waiting time at the the bar and the restaurant! This is the second times in one month that we face the problem. We ordered two beers (one bottle one draft) at the bar, waited 15 minutes to be told that they do not have the requested bottle in stock, so we changed to two drafts that we succeed to get 20 minutes later and three waiters changes. Restaurant was simply un-acceptable for a 4 stars hotel and the prices. Dinner (one little dorade form the menu at 19 EUR + two beers at 4 EUR) took 2 and half hours to be served! The few other tables did experiment the same time. Sorry but this is not acceptable. We got the excuse of the manager. But this will not motivate me and my 4 colleagues to come back.

I selected and visited several times The Novotel Airport in Eindhoven because it is closely located to the company we work with. Room and breakfast were fine but I must say that is not anymore in the standards of the other Novotel I visited around the world.

Clean and adequate size
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Smell of smoke in corridors to room and near restaurants. Smoking in the staff room right next to my non smoking room made my room and the corridor smell.

Clean and adequate size

Was early so could not check in and system were down. Came back- literally used it from 8pm to 5 am
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

It is more a motel than a hotel for Euros 103.00 per night. system not working to check in. Ordered taxi from reception, it took 25 minutes to arrive. Wakeup call ignored - almost missed my flight and no apology. Unmanned reception to check out, have to call a number - maybe one of the reason the wake up call was forgotten was the paper it was written on, was on the reception desk.

Room okay - Basic

Good value, clean and tidy.
    • Superior Room with Two Single Beds and a Sofa Bed

I choose to walk root he airport, it was longer than I had thought, may be a curtesy bus would be an idea.

CLEAN COMFORTABLE AND GOOD BREAKFAST. bar food until late

Forced overnight stay...
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

They charged €201.75 for no apparent reason (they said that it was to secure the booking), even if the room was €106. The above amount still appears as a purchase on my card statement! I still have to check with my bank about this.

Distance from the airport, since we just needed to stay overnight until our early morning flight. (We weren't allowed to stay overnight at the airport!)

All, before all, the friendliness of the staff.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Some light stains in the carpet (but I guess that that is practically inevitable with carpet in a hotel room. Carpet in a hotel room is cosy, but unhygienic.)

All, before all, the friendliness of the staff.

Good for a night stay
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Outside of building is old-looking, expensive breakfast (ca. 20 EUR), paid parking (ca. 6 EUR), & a small toilet - not advised for claustrophobic people :)

24h reception, friendly staff, late check-out possible for free (+1 hour), room & bed met expectations.

No Compromise
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Its awkward location: actually closer to airport than city. Occasional noisy passerby outside at night.

A late midnight check in and the reception is still open. The gentleman behind the counter is a pleasure to chat with. The room is spacious and comfortable for only one person. The bed is very comfortable and relaxing. Offered a decent breakfast for a reasonable price. Fast check out with credit card.

complimentary breakfast or free airport pick up would be nice

Location -20min walking from airport, hard to get to city centre. Better to use taxi than bus if you are 4persons. Not reasonable price for breakfast.

Nice hotel, clean and cosy room. Friendly staff.

Nice but short stay
    • Superior Triple Room

- Only one small bottle of water for 3 people. - We did not try the breakfast because it was a bit too pricey (20 EUR/person) - If we wanted to leave our bags before check-in, we would need to pay 10 EUR (at all the hotels I stayed at, this service was for free), but that's ok because we had our car

We (me, mum and cousin) enjoyed the stay at the hotel. A free parking is a great option. The staff was very nice and recommended us to go the the city during carnival (we did not know it was happening so it was a nice tip). Beds were comfortable - we stayed 3 in 1 room so one of us had to sleep on a sofa. The sofa was comfortable was well and easy to set up. Another good point was that the toilet and bathroom were in 2 separate rooms - that's a good solution if there are more than 2 people travelling. There is a selecion of teas and coffee in the room.

Best staff ever!!
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

What is there not to like?

The room was extremely comfortable and clean. Hotel well located. Staff were exceptionally good - friendly and efficient. Overall fantastic stay and terrific value for money

Perfect for a short quick night stay, would not recommend for multiple days
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

It is clear that the overemphasized not smoking policy has a reason. Although I could not arguably say that the previous guest had been smoking it was clear from the odor that this hotel has a historic issue with guests smoking in the room.

Perfect location neer EHV airport and business districts

Not really worth the price. Housekeeping team should do better job!!!
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The hotel housekeeping team should do better job. My room number was 320, I saw some dairy products(or even worse) stick to the chair, which was so disgusting. This should not happened at this level of hotel (4 star).Furthermore the decoration of hotel is little bit old. Besides, the hotel is little bit far away from the airport, I walked for almost 20 mins to arrived the hotel. Overall I don’t think this hotel worth the price. If I come to Eindhoven again, it will not be my first choice.

Comfortable bed. Friendly and professional stuff.

Excellent hotel for travelling with small kids.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Excellent hotel for travelling with small kids. Breakfast was mega good and fresh and locations is perfect if travelling by car and visiting Efteling Park.

Very comfortable stay, however with nothing to do in the neighborhood for teenagers.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The hotel is very isolated. The distance between the hotel and the first available bus stop is very long and meets dangerous spots. You have to have a car or at least a bycicle. There should be a free shuttle running 2/ 3 times to the bus stop or even better to the city, as it is so close to the airport and very isolated.

The comfort of the beds and the room in general, the breakfast and lobby area. Reception was very helpful. The view was quite nice. Large parquing area.

Nice location, friendly staff.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Room was dirty when we came, got another room that was a little cleaner but not acceptable for a hotel. Had to pay for parking and the breakfest is expensive.

Nice location, friendly staff.

Good Hotel
    • Superior Triple Room

the hotel is a little bit isolated. Despite it is close to the airport, it is not so close to a bus stop, we need to call a taxi, but the taxi cost only 12 euro and we were three people, so I think it is fine.

Really nice Hotel, nearby the airport, clean, comfortable. I really like when hotels offer kettle in the room. It has a sofabed really comfortable.

Superb!
    • Superior Triple Room

We stayed just one night but stuff was very kind and helpful. Hotel looks really clean and comfy. Our room was well prepared, clean and nice. Hall looked very nice. Hotel is near airport.

The bed room was quiet and the bed was new and comfortable.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

A lot of the staff didnt speak English very well, so some things were difficult to communicate

The bed room was quiet and the bed was new and comfortable.

Convenient accommodation near the airport. Staff very friendly.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Very friendly staff We forgot something in the room and they recovered it for us. They helped my daughter with the video games (even if they were busy). They were kind to cook for us something as we arrived very late.

cosy hotel but not too close to the airport, great staff!
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I know we were there during the complete havoc when all flights were cancelled due to fog but taking it cost us 12 euro for a 3 minute taxi ride from the hotel. the hotel does not have a shuttle service. room was much smaller than we expected - it was a superior double since we are a family of 4... basically after extending a sofa to a bed there was no space in the room. prices in the restaurant are very high! we paid 75 euros for 3 burgers and a salad.

We had an overnight layover and I can highly highly speak of staff! very personable but also professional! the kid was so happy to get some Christmas chocolate! nice play room in reception are for kids, lets adults enjoy a glass of wine

Good hotel close to the airport. Great restaurant.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Ordered a taxi to the airport which hadn't turned up 20 minutes later. Then saw a minibus about to take two other guests to airport. Asked reception to cancel taxi and went in minibus. No mention of courtesy bus to/from airport on booking.com or Novotel website. There should be, especially as the taxi drivers aren't that interested in the fairly short drive between airport and hotel.

Clean , comfortable room, excellent restaurant with equally excellent staff.

Good stay very close to the airport but double-check how much the hotel will invoice you
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We checked out early in the morning on our way to the airport. The invoice incorrectly indicated 92.50 EUR worth of breakfasts. I flagged this to the staff and they promised to correct it immediately and to debit the right amount. We were surprised to see the wrong sum debited from our account. We called to explain the issue on the day when we returned to pick-up our car and the staff immediately refunded us the EUR 92.50 to the card. As a compensation, we were not charged for the week-long of parking which was appreciated. However had we not checked our bank account, we would have been EUR 92.50 worse off!

Good choice for a night before an early flight from Eindhoven airport. The staff set-up the baby bed for our 2 year old and brought it to the room immediately after our arrival. The room was comfortable and had all the facilities needed (even though it could use more electrical sockets). The staff were nice and ordered a taxi for our early morning departure (06h30) for the airport. Good value for money for long-term parking near the airport (taxi costs EUR 10 each way between the airport and the hotel).

Good for business purposes when you're by car.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

A pity that the parking is charged with € 6,- I don't see how to get to this hotel without a car (yes, with a taxi). It is far outside the city. I found the rate for a breakfast (€ 18,-) exaggerated and didn't take breakfast.

Comfortable room. Good WiFi. Clean.

Only when you really have to sleep somewhere...
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Hotel rooms need serious revamp! Stained-smelling-dirty room carpets. 1 lift for 100+ rooms, parking full, had 1 dinner, about 15 people were eating already, waited 30 min for a tomato soup. No fitness room... etc :0(

Besides location, nothing else!

Absolutely stunning hotel...but difficult for travelers without a car to get to and from
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Main downfall is that this is practically in the middle of nowhere off the side of a motorway. Granted, it is about a 20-30 minute walk to the airport...as long as you don't get lost! It would be great if the the hotel either had an airport shuttle bus in operation 24/7 or if there was at least a slightly easier and well marked walking route to the airport. It's almost too good of a hotel to be where it is.

Only there for a place to rest up and shower before a flight but it has to be one of the most beautiful hotels I've stayed and was more value for money than the hotel I was staying at in the centre of town. Room was spacious and well equipped. I was alone but there was also a sofa bed for extra people or just for visitors to sit. Big and spotless bathroom. Almost like an affordable studio apartment. Staff were friendly and helpful both on check-in and check-out. Food for dinner was restaurant quality. Unfortunately could not explore the hotel more but the fact there is an outdoor pool and spacious garden is also a plus.

The bed was so comfortable and a possibility to change...
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The price is quite high so it is more appropriate for one night or business time in Eindhoven.

The bed was so comfortable and a possibility to change temperature conditions helped to enjoy our stay. Extra tea and coffee included in the room were great. Really close to airport.

OK. Just stayed one night.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Difficult to get out of the parking the next morning. The gate did not open. The recognition of the plate did not work.

Comfortable and Clean. Great location.

As a whole, not happy with the hotel and the staff. Wouldn’t book again.
    • Superior Triple Room

The location was far from the town and it couldn’t be reached on foot. The rooms were too small, not well cleaned. The restaurant was too expensive. The staff was awful, there was a misunderstanding - they just unlocked our room at 11:15pm and a DRUNK man came in because he had said it was his room. Never going to book one of their hotels again.

The bed was comfortable and the room was beautifully designed. The food was delicious.

Short family stay
    • Superior Triple Room

It not very clean in the corridors, maybe have more bottles of water (only one in the fridge) and the elavator/non smoking corridor smelled like smoke.

It was easy to check in.

Good location as next to the Airport and motorway.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The extra bed for the 10 year old son was a sofa which was extremely hard and uncomfortable.

Very good breakfast, friendlyy staff, coffee and tea complimentary in the lobby and room

The staff who look at you like you are stupid and don't care
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Lights went on and off all night in the room told reception and she looked at me like it's normal said some would fix it later no sorry or nothing

Nothing it's a nice hotel ruined by staff who don't care and faulty lights

Clean and comfortable room with all the hotel amenities you...
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Had to pay for the bicycles. Would have Love to have taken one for a tour. Lol.

Clean and comfortable room with all the hotel amenities you could wish for. Pleasant and helpful staff.

Good overnight stop
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

It disappointed us that we had to pay the full parking charge as we were on a motorcycle and didn't even use a parking space! We did question this but were told we had to pay full price. Bad customer relations!!

Excellent breakfast. Nice large room with comfy bed. We only used this as an overnight stop so can't comment on anything else.

Great business hotel with Good Service
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Wifi had its moments of slowness but otherwise OK

Staff were fabulous. Notable mention to the Indonesian staff member in the Bar/Restaurant! Superb service orientation! Cookies/cake on Check-in were a nice touch!

Very comfortable stay
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Location was a bit remote with no public transport. Nearest bus was a 15 minute walk along the side of a busy main road.

The selection for breakfast was very good, catered for all tastes.

Good spacious hotel, good location, 1km from airport,...
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

no shuttle to airport, only taxi from hotel for 10eur:). need to pay 10eur for 1km to drive to airport, if you have a car, it takes to drive to airport with car 2 minutes, walk 10 min.

Good spacious hotel, good location, 1km from airport, exelent room, bar

Nice and convenient for a short stay in the outskirts of Eindhoven
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Overall everything was up to standard. My children would have liked to use the swimming pool but of course in the NL they aren't open but for a few days a year, so not a big deal.

The staff was nice, the room clean and comfortable (and the location is very quiet), breakfast was very nice and there was a garden for the kids to play (however, the swimming pool is not always open, so it's worth checking if you intend to use it). Not close to the centre but perfect for a short stay from the airport. It's about 20min cycling from the town centre (we went to Eindhoven by train, then cycled to the hotel). There's a beautiful wood nearby worth crossing by bike if you have the chance.

it was a real mixed bag/ good kids stuff, very expensive bar, poor breakfast, great beds, tired bath
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

There was no food served at the weekend except breakfast and we were staying the weekend! So we had to leave and drive to town, find parking and then eat. Not ok for a hotel offering to accommodate families with small kids.

The facilities for kids to play were brilliant. Most of the staff were absolutely charming. One odd bartender but in fairness he never seemed to leave so perhaps he was exhausted

• Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Modern hotel with nice and comfortable rooms. We booked just for one night but I wished I stayed longer. If you are travelling with kids, there's even an outside play area. Highly recommended.

We made the booking for the four of us, my wife and me and...
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We made the booking for the four of us, my wife and me and our children of 14 and 16 years. That seemed OK on the Booking website and I had no doubt in my mind that all was in order. However, when we arrived we were told that we had to take (and pay) another room in addition, as our son is 16 years old and it is not possible to stay with 3 adults and one child in a room. I did not agree and asked for the manager, who finally let us stay in one room. Si finally solved, but this should be clearly explained when making the booking.

Pool and kids playing area
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Breakfast. Lack of stuff. Cheap fruit juice on breakfast. Staff didn't fry egg for my kid due to no chief in the kitchen.

Pool and kids playing area

Family friendly hotel.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

6 euros parking fee. It would be nice if hotel guests were not charged for parking.

It's great that 2 children can stay free of charge. Family friendly hotel.

Poor
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

When I've arrived to the hotel I've been told that I should reserve bigger room because I have a dog with me and it's against fire regulations to have size of my room. Receptionist inform me that she will speak with her manager if they have a bigger room. Manager wasn't available because it was weekend evening time. She said that she can make an exception and we can stay at this room which we booked. As a customer I felt really uncomfortable and confused I've booked room for two adults two children plus dog and system allowed me to do this. I didn't get any email or info beforehand that I should book a bigger room. On arrival to the hotel I've been informed that I should book bigger room because of my pet but she will make an exception this time. We were very tired after 16 h drive and I felt guilty that I did something wrong. It wasn't my fault at all. If I managed to book a room and I've provided all details regarding dog and number of people why hotel staff blaming me that I should reserve bigger room. This sentence "I will make an exception this time" I've paid about 112 euro for one night but next time I will stay in different hotel "

The hotel has a swimming pool and a garden outside.
    • Superior Triple Room

I have booked this hotel for 3 people for 99 EUR. In the booking confirmation I could read that the parking is 6 EUR per day and the tourist fees are 10, so no problem, I had this information and I knew the price in total will be 115. However, additionally, they have charged me 30 EUR because of a third guest. This information was not explained in the confirmation, when I have paid and reserve the room for three people. There is nothing about additional guest, or extra fees. I have explained this to the receptionist and I have to say that her answer was really unprofessional and strange, she said: Booking is not our partner, they can say what they want about this hotel, but our policy is like this and you need to pay for the third person. I have tried to explain her about the reservation and what is explained there, and that I thought Booking give the correct price on the confirmation. She said again that Booking was a different thing. I was really surprised that his hotel charged me for a third person, when this person was already included in the price of booking and about all I could not believe that they are not partners with Booking!!! totally contradictory because I have reserved this hotel using Booking! how is this possible?, I wanted to call the customer service but I did not find any number on the reservation. After this experience I will not use Booking again, I believe it is very dishonest not to give all the information to the customer and to show Hotels that actually does not want to be in your list or do not even know they are partner with you. Never seen this before.

The hotel has a swimming pool and a garden outside.

A lovely hotel suitable
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

A minor irritation was every time we returned to the hotel our room keys had to be reinstated, but this was not the end of the world. The breakfast eggs, I think it is difficult to keep eggs warm. The scrambled egg was lovely if you arrived as it was placed into the hot dish, but it does go hard after sometime on the heat. This is not an easy issue to solve and not a big problem.

The location of this hotel was very important as we were attending The Icelandic Horse World Championships. We have stayed in Novotels before and we were not disappointed. Lovely helpful staff. An excellent range for breakfast, I love smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast. We had evening meals in the restaurant for two nights, everything was very nice. Easy parking and access. I would recommend this hotel.

Family friendly hotel
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

You need a car to get downtown. Parking fee too pricey

The breakfast buffet had great variety every day. Nice outdoor playground for kids Our room was clean maybe a little small for a family of 4 Very comfy bed

Avoid it's not worth it.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

This hotel has an extra hidden costs. You have to pay for parking if you stay over night and extra pay for city tax. They do not tell you this on website or even in reception when you arrive but on the checked out. Avoid I would not stay there any more.

Nice, clean and inexpansive Hotel
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

What we did not like were the extra-costs for parking (6 Euros per night) and the tourist-tax which is 3,50 Euros per person per night.

We liked the friendliness of the staff, at the reception, in the restaurant and also that the room was tidy and clean. We also liked the breakfast in the restaurant, as well the quality as the taste of the food.

Love Novotel
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Car needed. Parking could get full if back late. We used the scheme to get voucher for 5 Euro rather than have room cleaned. We didn't get as many as we should have and then couldn't use voucher to pay for breakfast as we hoped. Ended up having to get cokes from bar as we were leaving just to use them up. Think scheme is a good idea but not sure it was worth it to us this time.

Our stay was good in general. Bed comfy. Loved the shower. Pool was great. Bar area nice but expensive. Play area for kids great. Breakfast was ok but very bready so not great for gluten intolerant customers.

Our Novotel hotel experience exceeded our expectations offering excellent value for money
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We couldn't stay for an extra day

The site was excellent. A little oasis in the middle of a busy interchange. The swimming Pool, table tennis table, indoor computer games and grassed lawn were an excellent bonus for the kids and kept them fully occupied while we had a drink on the terrace. Evening meal and breakfast were excellent both in terms of quality and choice ( we have one vegetarian in our party). Staff were very helpful and friendly. They even arranged a taxi for us when leaving. Thank you

Would not go back
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Room very dirty. Carpet and walls with stains. Found a bug in bed. Location is only good if you have a car, but since most people choose it when traveling to/from the airport, it's probably not the case. Long walk from the airport, no sidewalks. 11 Eur cab ride.

Not a comfortable stay..one night was enough
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Outdated and tiny rooms, smelly bathroom, water is not draining properly in the sink so you have a full sink with water and bad smell where you need to do your morning rituals of hygene! Smelly carpet and again the rooms are tiny, family rooms can only fit two people cause the moment the sofa bed is pulled you can no longer move around the room! And the sofa bed you need to pull yourself is not prepared for sleeping. Tv channels unavailable in English!

Closeness to airpot

Children very friendly, very good breakfast.
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

If you like to sleep with the window open better to book the room on the swimming pool side, because the other side is too noise from highway.

Children very friendly, very good breakfast.

A bit expensive, but stay was ok.
    • Superior Triple Room

The interior needs updating, but I guess that might be a matter of taste. Wifi was terrible. I ended up using my phone's hotspot. When sofa was converted to bed (for our child) we didn't have enough room for our three small suitcases.

Close to the airport, big garden with basic playground and swimmingpool which is nice for children.

Staff very friendly, spoke perfect english, very clean and...
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Is near the airport, no noise, but meant was a little out of the town, but we were aware of that at time of booking.

Staff very friendly, spoke perfect english, very clean and comfortable

Ideal location for passing through
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Stayed here on our journey back from the UK to Germany. The hotel is superbly located for passing through and was clean and well equipped. The staff were friendly. Secure parking on site was gratefully received (6 EUR per night). We will be staying here again on our next road trip.

A perfect place to stay for those who are travelling around and not looking for in-city hotel.
    • Park Sleep and Fly

There is only one elevator, and you may find yourself waiting a bit. Some rooms (like ours) have a view to the parking lot, it did not bother us at all, but you can ask for field view if it matters.

The hotel is close to the airport and quite easy driving to Eindhoven and the area. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful ! The service is something needs to be noted for the good! Breakfast is very rich, and one can easy find tasty option, even if you have food allergy! The room was comfort and bug enough to hold us all. Very clean and comfort. We will sure get back again to the hotel on our next visit to Eindhoven.

Perfect accommodation for family vacation.

No bad comments.

Staff were very helpful, They were aware of my sons allergies and guaranteed that the kitchen and staff were aware of his condition. Family friendly. Good value for money.

6 nights in Eindhoven
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The price of the breakfast is horrendous almost €40 for two people there is a discount if you book on the site I tried this and was informed to contact the hotel?? We had breakfast twice during our 6 night stay so the discount refunded would be very nice. The breakfast was good in all but again sadly not worth the price.. unfortunately the pool wasn't open during our stay and on some days the weather would have been good enough for it. Parking is good at €6 per day but the system didn't reconise my plates so I had to press a button to exit and wait a short while before the barrier was lifted parking is ample though!

Hotel was lovely nice clean friendly feel. Staff were fantastic and extreamly helpful throughout one member of staff helped me book parking in Maastricht and couldn't of been more helpful! The small park and play area was great for small kids :-) lovely seating area outside too!

Beds were very comfortable including the sofa bed we were...
    • Superior Triple Room

There was nothing to dislike an excellent service

Beds were very comfortable including the sofa bed we were three adults sharing and there was plenty of room.We ate in the restuarant and food & drink was excellent and good value for money. Customer service was friendly and helpful and Taxi was booked for early morning flight and was very efficient.

Not a great option for families or airport stopovers
    • Superior Double Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

This isn't really an appropriate hotel for families. In the restaurant, the staff gave us the impression that we were an inconvenience to be managed. Not a flicker of a smile.. not once. I could see no other families and one of the guests actually inquired why we were staying in the hotel.. we were an oddity! The hotel is situated in a dip between the roads and it does have lovely trees to one side so you don't hear the traffic. However, even in June, the heat was a dead heat and very stifling. The taxi from the airport to the hotel was 30 euro roundtrip so if you're doing a night stopover, I'd go for the hotel at the airport and save on the taxi fare. To get to town, I was quoted 40 euro round-trip for a taxi, so not even a realistic option for a meal out in Eindhoven.

I travelled with 3 childen and stayed in Novotel for one day/night. We were taking a flight from Eindhoven to Italy and needed an overnight stay near the hotel. The hotel is clean and modern and the room was nice. The reception staff are friendly in a businesslike way. There is an average pool which we used during our stay. Also, a good table tennis table and swings/slide for smaller kids. We ate in the restaurant and there was a good kids menu. Food was of a very good standard.

Browse Novotel Eindhoven traveller photo gallery