Reviews of Novotel Rotterdam Brainpark 4 stars

K.P. van der Mandelelaan 150, Kralingen-Crooswijk, 3062 MB Rotterdam, Netherlands

#24 of 58 hotels in Rotterdam

Based on 1946 hotel reviews

Convenient
    • Superior Twin Room with Sofa Bed

Cleaning is superficial. We stayed over one week and they changed the bedsheets only once when we expressly asked them. On a couple of days they forgot to do the maintenance at all.

Very convenient if you need to be close to Erasmus University. Reasonable commute to the city center by metro. Rooms are rather basic but quite spacious and comfortable.

Economic stay during weekend
    • Superior Triple Room

Elevator capacity is not sufficient (waiting times far too long) Lobby is always crowded with foreign visitors Room windows cannot be opened Sanitory facilities in so-so condition (sink did not drain, toilet smelly)

Location is quite OK. Price/quality is OK too during weekend. Parking free of charge.

Excellent hôtel

The gym.

The staff is super kind and helpful. I liked the price quality and the location as well. Specially a free car parking is a big facility. Surtout très bien passé et magnifique

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Hotel is next to Erasmus university.
    • Superior Twin Room with Sofa Bed

There was one waiter who was rude every morning during breakfast.Everybody else were very kind and helpful.

Hotel is next to Erasmus university.That is nice district if you have some business there.Staff is kind .Hotel has parking.Everything is very easygoing and we enjoyed our stay.

The bed was good end the view from the room was great.

Even though we were on the 16th floor and the room had double glazing, there was considerable noise from the surrounding streets.

The bed was good end the view from the room was great.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

very pleasant, just one night but if we have to stay in the area agaiu
    • Executive Double Room

I have a hard time finding anything I didn't like. It would have been nice to have a double basin in the bathroom and also a glass plate which could be moved outside so t would be easier to get from under the shower out of the bath tub

nice big bed, good mattress and pillows, not chunky like they often are. excellent nespresso machine plus a water kettle which was put away a bit too well and which I only discovered by accident. fantastic view from the window of our room on the 17th floor

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

The staff were very friendly.
    • Superior Twin Room with Sofa Bed

The staff were very friendly. We ended up extending for more days due to my daughters uni. Place was very close to Erasmus University Value for money

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Good place to stay if travel with car.

Breakfast was ok, but nothing special, just plain and simple. There is nothing really around hotel. So you have to go to city center for a restaurant or other attractions. That will take ~20 minutes. Room could be cleaner.

Free parking. Easy to access by car. Metro station is just 10-15 minutes walking distance. Room was spacious, view from top floor was great.

Very friendly staff, at reception and during breakfast.
    • Superior Twin Room with Sofa Bed

They put me and my child on the same floor as a large group of teenagers....a lot of yelling during the evening, which was not very pleasant for my 4 year old son.

Very friendly staff, at reception and during breakfast.

The free parking
    • Executive Double Room

Breakfast are low I ask them not to take from my visa deposit go hold money and I will pay cash they tell me not allowed so they hold the money from my visa so my brother come after me and he pay cash deposit so this is one of the I didn’t like really ..

The free parking The view from the room

Value for money.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

The AC had some problem, there was a noise. Also the bath room washing basin was not draining fast. Actually they fixed it quickly, staff were nice but I felt those things should have fixed before my check in.

Value for money.

Still my best choice in Rotterdam
    • Superior Twin Room with Sofa Bed

The artificial light inside - too weak anyway, plus that half of electrical bulbs/spots were burnt. The Internet - good speed, but wi-fi connection worked only the first 24 hours of our the 48+ hours stay.

Professional, responsive and friendly staff, spacious room with great view, efficient mini-refrigerator, excellent hotel's restaurant, the late check-out option availability, very good parking lot, TV channels in English and French available. Relaxing atmosphere overall.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Everything was perfect except they kept €100 extra as a...

NONE

Everything was perfect except they kept €100 extra as a holding deposit. Didn’t know about this prior to the check-in. Other than that everything was perfect. Could appreciate the Free parking facility.

A reliable Novotel experience
    • Superior Twin Room with Sofa Bed

The tram and metro stops are a bit far (but still walking distance) with suitcases.

Reception and restaurant staff were friendly and helpful with local knowledge and directions. For those interested, the laundry service (for clothes) is affordable and quick.

Hotel close to motorway although not noisy, room was spacious. Only one bottle of mineral water for

The buffet breakfast was expensive but we had a cheaper breakfast at the bar which was more than adequate . You can choose savoury or sweet and it is excellent if you don't really want a cooked breakfast.

I stayed for 2 weeks and enjoyed my time, the staff were...
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa

Price for breakfast was a bit high and gym is small but it’s not crowded.

I stayed for 2 weeks and enjoyed my time, the staff were great and so the service.

Very comfortable room, don't order a taxi if you want to arrive somewhere on time!
    • Superior Triple Room

We arrived early and booked a taxi for the show we were there to see. However, when it was time to collect our taxi we were told that there were none available. We felt we wasted time waiting for a promised taxi that didn't exist. The public transport which was not recommended was in fact simple and cheap to use.

Beware of your belongings
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa

On the last day of my stay I lost my camera and some other things in the room when I was out of the hotel. So I guess it was the cleaner who stole them but even if I reported the situation the hotels personals were just telling stories ad if the cannot do anything about it. That's very sad. And today they wrote me to tell me that the cleaner said she didn't take anything so much have misplaced it. But when I left the room my suitcase was closed and when I came back it was open. I can warn other guest who goes there not to trust the security of the room

View, customer Service.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa

When we entered the room, there was a used Q-Tip on the floor to the bed. We are not Lucky, but we both didnt like that so much.

View, customer Service.

Staff were friendly, accommodating and accessible.

Slightly out of the way, however the Metro is approximately 700m from the hotel.

Staff were friendly, accommodating and accessible. Breakfast was excellent and again the staff were friendly.

The breakfast staffs were lovely and extremely attentive to...

The sheets were not regularly changed when required. My sheet was eventually changed the day before my departure by the Monday shift cleaning staffs who were fabulous!

The breakfast staffs were lovely and extremely attentive to my needs. I would score them more than a 100 percent!

Great stay
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa

Everything was pleasant, I just missed some toiletries reposal my second day, nothing else to complaint about

Great staff, they are very open to help, and a plus, rooms have very comfy beds and eco-friendly toiletries

Convenient place however rooms need refurbisment.
    • Superior Twin Room with Sofa Bed

Floor carpet has not been cleaned for a while. Upholster was torn. Sink was moving in bathroom. Signs of former flood from upper floor are clearly visible.

Friendly staff, location, safe and free parking.

So good experience
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa

I mistakenly pushed the alert button, but the staff was so kindly and swiftly came to me and stopped it. I felt their hospitality. And the buffet breakfast was also good.

Avoid providing financial data to Novotel
    • Superior Twin Room with Sofa Bed

- Never again will provide my financial data to Novotel. First, when we arrrived to prepaid room it turned out it was not witdrawn correctly from our account (only 1 night, not 2), ok - we paid for the second night. Next morning it turned out that we need to pay for the first night again because it's not the same card, so now we had sum of money blocked for no reason. Still could live with that. When checking out they added 75 euro extra for some mystrerious bar we never visited, but when I said it's not true - they didn't include it in the invoice. And now the fun begins. Same day as we checked out when we're 200 km away from Rotterdam, we have a message from the bank about the withdrawal of additional 75 euro from our account. Same as amount we discussed in the morning and they confirmed they are not including that in the invoice, Novotel was silent - never called to tell us they changed their mind or something, justed hoped we'll never notice. When we called them - they knew the reason perfectly well, but now this amount became "a dinner". When we asked to send us the photo of the signed by us reciept it turned out there's no reciept for the dinner. Of course, they gave us our money back, but if we didn't notice - they would never tell. How can that be that they silently withdrew money after the invoice without any reciept to back that up? I can't call it differently than a fraud. - I had someone's hair in my bath - Breakfast had good variety but the quality of products was very modest

- Room was good enough as expected

It is a very nice hotel.
    • Superior Twin Room with Sofa Bed

Not too much else at the hotel (spa, sauna etc).

It is a very nice hotel. Modern style. Excellent breakfast! Nice pub. Good parking space. Excellent rooms.

For the room price without breakfast was a total let down,...
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

For the room price without breakfast was a total let down, particularly as we had our elderly mother staying with us. It would have been very nice then.

Nice spacious room;
    • Superior Triple Room

The restaurant floor looked like it hadn't been cleaned from the night before with crumbs and chips under our table.

Nice spacious room; very good breakfast selection. It's about a 30-minute drive from the beach.

Not good value for money.
    • Superior Triple Room

Breakfast wasn’t good at all and expensive Tea,coffee cold. I ordered an Omlette which contained little egg and more toppings not properly mixed. The iron although in working condition yet very very poor quality and hardly did any pressing of my clothes. The worst thing was the sofa bed in my room.It has left me with a bad back and I’m in a lot of pain.I did make a complaint to the reception staff at check out.They apologised and reassured me that they would look into it.

Friendly Staff.

Value for money
    • Executive Double Room

The way the hotel asked me for extra 50 euros deposit is something I didn't like. It felt non-standard and was based on the fact that I am a South Asian. Some facilities like Iron and mini bar was not working in my room.

The hotel location was good and room was clean and tidy. Free parking facility was great and it was within the hotel premises.

Nothing special
    • Superior Twin Room with Sofa Bed

The hotel is clearly parsimonious. Only 1 bottle of water was given throughout the stay. No refill for coffee or tea bag. Be careful, the staff will let you know when breakfast is served even though it is excluded from the booking. If you fall into this 'trap' you'll end up paying extra.

Nothing special. It is closest to the venue and that's it.

Reception staff were friendly which starts you off on a good...

They took an additional deposit of £100 which I was not expecting but fortunately could allow in my budget. It would have been useful to know in advance

Reception staff were friendly which starts you off on a good page as you travel to your room.

Practical place to stay, including with toddler
    • Superior Twin Room with Sofa Bed

The couch and carpet had seen better days (but nothing disgusting, don't worry). The ventilation system was a bit noisy and the only way to get some "fresh" air in the room.

Very efficient check in and out, friendly staff, sufficiently large room. It was great they had already put in the room a baby bed for our daughter. We particularly enjoyed the view from one of the top floors. Good sound proofing.

Very good value for money. Great service and quality throught.

I don't have anything negative to say.

Exceptional service from the restaurant Manager and staff. I was very well looked after. I was seated quickly and had a menu and drink in front of me in no time. Service was attentive and professional. A glass was tipped over at another table and the incident was dealt with swiftly with no fuss and minimum embarrassment to the client. Staff seemed to be a very good team. Food came at the right time and was good.

A bit disappointing
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

The extra bed. Also the double bed was suite small

The room was recommended for 3 adults, but the sofabed is really not comfortable for an adult. I would only recommend this for smaller children

Good place to stay
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa

Windows in room cannot open, only insufficient airco. Good but very overpriced breakfast (19,50 Euro) I only took a continental breakfast (9.5 Euro),but they charged me the full breakfast at 19.50 Euro.

Large and comfortable room with sitting corner. Close to Erasmus University campus

Lovely hotel!
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa

Quite a way out of the city. Need to use lifts to go to room rather than stairs.

Very modern, clean and had a fridge in the room! Bed comfy and room spacious. Easy access to trams back into the city.

Friendly staff, good location normal good Novotel accomodation
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa

Temperature in my room was freezing. When I advised staff, they offered to give me a different room, which I did not want. Instead they gave me extra blankets and a heater which was, although quite noisy, ok.

Dirty and staff not efficient
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa

I found the room dirty (there was a dirty cotton swab in the wardrobe). I tell it to the concierge showing a photo. The ensure me that they would have cleaned the room during my dinner at the hotel. Nothing was done. I came back in the room and the dirty stuff was still there. The room was also very cold.

Great stay! Definitely worth it!
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa

Not much in walking distance.

Great hotel. Friendly staff. Close enough to city center. Nicely decorated rooms. Definitely worth the stay. Wonderful view of city and the fireworks on New Year's Eve-won't forget that!!!

Convinient
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa

I really was expecting to find a better room. Didn't match my expectations. Pictures are better. When entering the hotel ypu feel a high standard . Then to then room you feel downgraded

Very nice spacious social area. Nice looking

Wonderful stay in a beautiful city
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa

They don't have a schedule of when the room service is available inside the room

Beautiful place to stay, nice park nearby, just 30 min walk to city center if not there is the tramway really close. Super friendly staff and for a quick trip the free parking is perfect

Rotterdam and Erasmus University

ROOM: Mattrass is a bit on the hard side but overall it is confortable enough. BREAKFAST: Scrambled eggs a bit too dry, no real orange juice (could do with an automatic oranges press)

ROOM AND FACILITIES: Modern hotel, large and confortable room with extra sofa/bed and convenient work desk. Very nice reception assistents, quick check in/out, very little wait time. It's a bit far from the town centre but it's located just in front of Erasmus University and relative bus stop which was very convenient in my case. Bike rental available at €14 for first day and €10 for extra days, I've seen cheaper prices in other hotels in town but not too bad. PRICE: Prices of rooms are clearly advertised in the hotel and I think they are quite convenient considering the average prices in town. BRAKFAST: Good selection of breakfast for the level of the hotel and on the fly omelette preparation.

Staff gave excellent service, food was very good

Transportation from and to airport is problematic because the bus fills up quickly. They need a bigger bus.

Staff gave excellent service, food was very good

It’s the best hotel

The breakfast menu there was not a lot of options

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful The hotel was very nice and clean the The hotel location is very good but you will need a car to go city center The parking is for free and that’s a good thing

I flew in to Amsterdam, Schiphol airport, took a train to...
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa

I flew in to Amsterdam, Schiphol airport, took a train to Rotterdam centraal station and then took a cab to Hotel. Amazing, helpful and friendly staff, great choice of food for breakfast, nice view from room, and there is a plenty of footpaths around the city to cover my morning 10k loop.

Nice but average , no extra ie like news papers or swimming poor etc

Bed was to soft, tv to small for size of room and special’s was way overpriced, even when asked didn’t answer or give us prices or show us a menu . Breakfast charged at full rate, when 2 rate are snow .

Friendly and helpful staff .

Enjoyed the facility and walking through the campus to the tram. Public transport easy! Staff VERY
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

Having to pay extra for breakfast. Seemed very expensive for what was available. Not well explained either. Turned out the less expensive option advertised in the lift was not available.

At first I was a bit worried about the location...far from city center. The staff was VERY helpful...explained tram and metro. The location was actually very good once we knew how to access local public options.

The aircon inside room was not circulated well and it was...

The aircon inside room was not circulated well and it was too hot and cannot open windows or no ceiling fan..it was suffocating and no technical staff to help at night shift

Great hotel, however, taking double the payment was unfair

The hotel itself was brilliant and suited our needs. The only problem that we encountered was that when booking the hotel we were told we would need to pay at the property, the night after we had booked through bookings.com we received an email stating that our card details had declined, this was confusing as we were told that the payment would be made at the hotel. My partner and I were puzzled as to why the card would decline as we had enough funding in the account and had used the card many times with booking.com. We called the hotel to confirm the booking and everything was fine, we were told we could pay at the property. When we arrived at the hotel, the receptionist took a swipe of our card so that payment could be taken at the end of our 2 night stay. During the first day of our visit I checked our online banking to find that the hotel had taken double the amount of money for the room we were staying in from our account. We immediately rang the hotel to confirm why a payment of over £300 had been taken from our account, we were told that it was an over payment to make sure we didn't leave without paying for any extra services such as breakfast, gym etc. We found this extremely unfair as we were travelling on holiday planning out our budget as we went, we didn't want or plan to use any extras, however we were charged for them. We were assured that the over payment was only a swipe and no money had been taken from our account. Upon checking out we asked about the over payment once again and were told that a refund would be in our account within 5 days - this I found was a complete joke as in order to refund money, money must have been taken. This over payment was not a problem in the sense that we had enough money to pay for the double payment, however did cause us inconvenience and unnecessary phone calls etc. I just find it outrageous that you could be charged for things that you have no intention of using such as breakfast.

Good quality hotel - You can always pick out faults wherever...

Good quality hotel - You can always pick out faults wherever you stay and beyond the odd minor imperfection which isn't fair to highlight this hotel is fine. The restaurant is expensive, and breakfast is extortionate.. But besides that its fine. For transport you can either grab the bus, or use the underground but the station is a 10 minute walk away, Taxi costs around 15 euro into central Rotterdam, and you can get an all day metro card for 7.50 euro. For drivers, parking is expensive in the city, for a 4 hour stay youll be paying around 15 euro and it doesnt matter where you park - its all the same. Enjoy.

Excellent staff, food and maximum comfort.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa

We were on a road trip and booked this hotel last minute so we got a excellent discount. Everything was excellent. Staff were so pleasant. Cant ask for more. Also this is an excellent place to stay overnight and visit the famous Kinderjik windmills.

Worth it!

Some old stain on furniture and on carpet.

Nice,big, good equipped room, with panorama. Free wifi, free parking, metro is walking distance. Good choice!

The room is great, everything is perfect
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

Only thing that I don't like that the location is far from Rotterdam Centraal and I had to travel more than 20 minutes by metro or even tram

The room is great, everything is perfect

Recommended!!
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa

Breakfast should be included in the price by default.

Good location, just outside Rotterdam centre. Great free parking on site. The room was massive and of great standard. Same the bathroom. Fantastic view from the room (see pricture!). Great staff service too.

Disappointing and not value for money
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa

The female reception staff were unhelpful in assisting with where to go for eating out other than hotel restaurant. Hotel restaurant overpriced. Basic tasks like booking a taxi seemed to be a problem. Not welcoming and on that basis would not use the hotel again.

Location was good for Erasmus University and easy to find as visible from main road.

Good value, large rooms

The first room I was given smelt overwhelmingly of cigarette smoke and it seemed guests were smoking in rooms most of the nights we were there. We also heard dogs barking in rooms, which is concerning if you're next in those particular rooms.

Great value accommodation with good breakfast and large rooms. The location is outside the city centre but an easy tram or metro ride to access the CBD. Ideal for those visiting Erasmus University

A business hotel but OK for tourists

Room wasn't ready on time. No explanation. No apologies.

A business hotel in a business park. Accomodations as expected from this hotel chain. For tourists the + is the free parking and 6-8 mn walk to the metro station.

We stay for 5 days and no one day the cleaner Hoover it the...
    • Superior Triple Room

We stay for 5 days and no one day the cleaner Hoover it the carpet or change the bedsheets, they clean the bathroom and make the beds and took away the rubbish but that's it. I expected more in that sense for a 4 star hotel

Excellent choice in Rotterdam.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa

Nothing to complain about.

For a tight schedule and a demanding short stay in Rotterdam, it was a perfect option. Staff was excellent, a special thank you to the lady we first meet a the reception, Joelle.

Ideal for car trips around Rotterdam

Quite overpriced breakfast, so even not tried. Room not so clean as expected.

Great view from 16th floor, spacious room with big bed. Easy and free parking next to hotel (outdoor but secure). Fine dinner in the restaurant. Free baby cot. Helpful stuff.

diaapppinting relative to cost.
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa

Treatment one morning at breakfast. Cost of breakfast not matched by taste or quality. Room cleaning not good. Door into room's bathroom not running properly - stuck in open position.

Friendly and helpful staff.

Not very clean...

The room was not clean. Some areas in the room looked as if they hadn't seen a vacuum cleaner in weeks. really very disgusting. There were hairs all over the floor in the room and especially the bathroom. We noticed this before we went to dinner and told the front the desk. They said they would send someone up to clean. When we got back we could see someone had been in to clean, but the room was still dirty and there wasn't really any difference.

Despite the poor cleaning, the stay was very pleasant. Friendly staff, free parking, fairly quiet hotel.

Great room for 2 out of 3
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

There were 3 of us and the foldout for the extra person was very uncomfortable.

The hotel was in a great location for us. The bathroom was large. The linens and towels were fluffy and in great condition. Parking was convenient.

1) In three different cases, I found the staff very very...
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa

I booked two rooms. In both of them, safety box was not working properly. Although the staff reported the damage and promised to replace, but they didn't.

1) In three different cases, I found the staff very very helpful. 2) Fast chick in / check out process. 3) Nice breakfast.

Very decent hotel
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa

The carpet was a little dusty and that didn't help with my asthma. Otherwise, the hotel was alright.

It was a decent stay. That it is so close to many amenities as well.

comfortable bed, ok internet, quiet (loved the extra door to...
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa

the gym was super small, the room was not clean (there was garbage from the previous person)

comfortable bed, ok internet, quiet (loved the extra door to the room)

• Superior Twin Room with Sofa Bed

Location! If you come off the highway it was fine. There is no place to eat in the area and when the hotel restaurant is closes 😡. We were told to call room service at 10pm but after 1/2 hour still no answer. Room was not fully cleaned that day and reception answer next day was we should have called to have room cleaned at 10pm gee maybe we could have gotten room service then

We had a fridge which allowed us to keep cold drinks. Beds where comfy and restaurant good. Metro was 10 minute walk.

it was convenient because of the location.
    • Superior Twin Room with Sofa Bed

The airconditioning made the air really dry which made my night rest awful. It couldn't be turned off. It dehydrated me completely, so I woke up every other hour to drink a glass of water and I even got a nosebleed from it. This really was a shame of the nice bed and room and the friendliness of all staff I encountered. Hopefully next time this is better (more humidity added to the air inside the building)

Breakfast and dinner were good, staff very friendly and helpful. I asked for a room on other side of the building because of traffic noise, this was no problem at all. Simple but nice and spacious room.

Overall good stay
    • Superior Twin Room with Sofa Bed

Location, pretty far walk to public transport..especially at nighttime not a great option.

Room, spacious and modern The cheapest breakfast option was more then enough choice for us.

Good if location fits your purpose
    • Superior Double Room with Sofa Bed

Was travelling for business, the hotel was nearby to my final destination. Free parking, hotel located close to highway - plus for those who travel by car. Breakfast is ok. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Few days around Rotterdam...

The heater in our room was very laud. The heater fan needs to be replaced. We had to decide between comfy room temperature or sleeping in a quiet room.

We liked the restaurant and the facilities.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Everything was fine until my mother found a pair of unknown ...
    • Superior Triple Room

Everything was fine until my mother found a pair of unknown socks under the cover when she got up. Not sure whether the room had been cleaned up before we arrived?

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Quiet and comfy place to stay
    • Executive Double Room with Sofa Bed

seating capacity at breakfast should be extended around 8 o'clock in the morning

Large bed, adjustable desk, door to separate bed/sitting room from hall annex bathroom. Quietness of the room. Smoke free hotel.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

A very enjoyable stay in a beautiful situation opposite Erasmus University.
    • Superior Twin Room with Sofa Bed

Dinner on our last night, the restaurant was like an ice-box. Choices for dinner a little restricted but food quality very good.

Overall, very good. Good choice at breakfast.