Reviews of Hotel Okura Amsterdam – The Leading Hotels of the World This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Ferdinand Bolstraat 333, Oud Zuid, 1072 LH Amsterdam, Netherlands

#44 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

Great hotel
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children) with Access to Nagomi Health

The rooms could be more spacious!

Everything is very nice! Rooms are very comfortable, clean and very well decorated! The location is not in the centre, but it’s good place, very close!

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

the hotel employees are very friendly and professional.
    • Executive Junior Suite

the hotel employees are very friendly and professional. The hotel is very clean. The restaurant in hotel is a litttle but expensive but quality is very good. If the breakfast can offer a little bit more choices of Japanese foods will be perfect.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Nice staff with great location
    • Executive Double/Twin Room with City View

Some distance from center but accessible by tramway or taxi.

Very comfortable room and good access by car. Staff really friendly and professional. Good food choices.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

we had to keep asking housekeeping to come and clean the...
    • Executive Double/Twin Room with City View

we had to keep asking housekeeping to come and clean the room. the only time housekeeping actually comes back to clean the room is if we tell the concierge. simply telling housekeeping staff to come back in 10 minutes didnt work AT ALL.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

High standard and good location
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Only minor point, quite busy at reception and I had to queue up for more than 10min for check in.

Best location for both sightseeing and attending Congress in RAI. Clean room.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Really enjoyed it.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

It was rather expensive. Then again Amsterdam is an expensive city.

Our flight was an early flight. Front desk offered changing room facilities for us to freshen up because our room wasn’t available yet. Our room was ready earlier than expected too. Lastly we asked for late check out and front desk was very nice to offer it to the time we requested.

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

A lovely hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

These might seem like minor details to some but I wish the music in the Spa was a little bit more tasteful than the usual minimalist crap. I'm sure that everyone will feel more fulfilled by hearing Faure or Satie in the background rather than to the common commercial garbage muzak. Another wonderful option that is often forgotten today: Silence.

I enjoyed the comfort of the room, the relative peaceful silence which is unfortunately so rare in our age, and the regular daily maintenance throughout the day.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

The hotel is clean, comfortable and safe.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Everything was great.. could be a little more luxurious for the price. Quite a bit of noise from the elevators at night on the 16th floor.

The hotel is clean, comfortable and safe.

the bed was comfy.
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

the bed was comfy. also had the option to choose my pillow. the room was cleaned every morning and they even prepare the room for you before you sleep. the service was great. the location was also in a quiet neighborhood.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Very Comfortable and clean Rooms.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

If you arent Fair Visitor Location not good . You should take Taxi or Uner for go to Dam Square or RL Districts.

Very Comfortable and clean Rooms. Thanks for the Hospitalty and Welcoming . The Staff is very kind .

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

Highly recommend Okura!!!
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

A very good 5 star hotel, exceptionally clean spacious rooms, lovely interior design, very friendly staff - always ready to help, great breakfast selection, good location- easy to reach the city center by public transport - I loved just about everything about this hotel.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Take a second look, pricing isn't completely reflective of offering.
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Has all the components to be a fun place with a spa, sauna, and a cooking school; however the cooking school wasn't open, the sauna hours are limited, and it's difficult to figure out all the offerings. Pricing is the main issue. It seemed like a very average 4 star at best experience for the 370 euro evening. I really like the concept and design, but at half the price at best. AND Where are all the Japanese Whiskies? I would expect to see the five or six well-known ones and maybe a Nord Gin to go with. And since we are on the subject some wine from Portugal would be great too. It's missing that sort-of-thing that a property this well-designed should have.

It has everything! A top-notch cooking demonstration and maybe hands-on class space; a spa; and pool/sauna. On the 23rd floor you will find a nice little pearl that artfully displays the district while the artisans craft the perfect concoction. The gym is perfectly situated with everything one would need for a small workout and the pool must be special because it's instant relief from a day of walking. The sauna has a great routine, but I'm used to larger ones for a sauna worthy property. It's more of a small good-enough to get the job done space, but you can have as many linens as you want. There is no shortage of soft, comfy, and soothing. Parking was easy and expensive. The rooms have everything you need and feel fresh and predictable. They provide great magazines and newspapers, but nothing in English.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

The staff did their best.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

€59.00 rate for breakfast per person for a very small and average buffet was an insult. 30 minute check process was disappointing. I called before I booked on Booking.com to see if I could get a direct booking and was told they were full. 5 minutes later I was able to book on Booking.com. It’s a nice hotel but at the lower end of 5 star. There weren’t enough seats in the pool area .

The staff did their best.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

Brilliant
    • Superior Double/Twin Room with Free Parking

I have to say I got very lucky. I was upgraded to a 21st floor executive suit that was bigger than my house with smart controls and amazing 360 views. I was there just for a day for a trade show at the Rai which is conviniently walking distance but wished I could have stayed more. Very friendly and smiling staff. I would highly recommend staying there

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Great hotel with all the facilities that you need but a good 20 min walking distance from the city
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

For the price that we paid, they could have included breakfast.

Although our rooms were not ready until 2 pm (as expected), we were given access to the Executive Lounge to relax and shower as we arrived very early in the morning and were on a long haul flight.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Great hotel with poor client service trained staff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The approach of the staff at the reception - they did not provide any extra info about the hotel facilities at check-in; they were not very clear about the money that they kept from our credit cards and did not provide any receipt for that. The concierge was on break when we wanted to ask for information. We left the luggage to be transported to our room (as we arrived before the check in time) and even at 16:30 pm (1 our and a half after check in) it was not sent to our room.

The room, hotel facilities, cleanliness.

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

Room service took a lot of time
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Room service took a lot of time Even waited in room for 10min to get my luggage Check in and out took a long time Breakfast was okay but not that good compare to Hilton Dusseldorf

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

Fantastic breakfast (on top of the usual 5-star menu, we...
    • Executive Junior Suite

Lighting scheme in the room was great but too complicated - it needs a manual (no joke)

Fantastic breakfast (on top of the usual 5-star menu, we were impressed with the variety of the fresh jouces, fish and the quality of bakery products). Very stylish interior design. Super clean.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Excellent hotel - very welcoming staff - wide selection of restaurants and nice breakfast buffet.
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Gym facilities a bit jaded bit otherwise experience was very good

Breakfast selection excellent. Really attentive staff always with smiles on their faces - very welcoming hotel. Rooms very nice, good size with excellent facilities. Gym not bad but could be improved - equipment a bit old. Pool fantastic. Overall would highly recommend.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

Awesome!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Behind the bathtub tap was cotted old dirt from previous baths. Please put more attention to that. Other than that.... the room was clean to expected standards. Sound proof of the room was not good. You heard just about every knock or voices nextdoor.

Great city view, comfy room / beds.

• Reviewed: May 3, 2018

A Great Vacation Begins with Great Hotel Selection - Hotel Okura definitely for Amsterdam
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The air-conditioning had a mind of its own at times, but nothing too worrisome. At times, our room service for the wines / glasses, etc. that we asked for would take a while, but again, it was a busy period (King's Day) and that particular weekend, so we understood.

The best way to begin a fantastic holiday begins with the right hotel. Hotel Okura is the place in Amsterdam with excellent staff/concierge services/cleaning services/receptionists, etc. who were always happy to help. Anytime. It was the first time my family (mum-dad-sister-and I) were holidaying together after more than 25 years! We were upgraded to a Junior Suite from a Double Superior Room and automatically could access the Executive Lounge on the 22nd floor. The Exec Lounge provides free snacks and breakfast (minus hot items like omelettes, sausages, etc.). Water, Beer and wine are available for free as well. We had other family fly in and they too stayed in the same hotel with kids aged, 14 and 5. Everything about the rooms was excellent and see my pictures for more info.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Would definitely stay here again
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

You have to book well in advance to get in the Michelin starred restaurants book you can usually get in the Serra Restaurant and the food was excellent

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

Comfortable, clean and friendly hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The bath (rain shower) area is too small to fit in!! A bit steeply priced for the services / facilities available.

Clean rooms, good view and suitable location (for me), decent buffet breakfast, very courteous staff,

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

I would like the hotel to renovate its shower cubicles.
    • Superior Suite with City View

This is my second time staying here, but this time we got a room with a weird tiny shower. Every time we took a shower the floors will be flooded with water spilling out from the shower area, and also it was sooo tiny, that I would knock my arms onto the glass or walls every time. Not ideal at all.

Although the hotel is slightly off the tourist areas, but it was in a safe location and near public transportation and restaurants.

• Reviewed: April 28, 2018

This is expensive hotel with nothing to get for that
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

1. No water, no coffee at room All 5 star hotels provide these for free This hotel 4 star max 2. No hot water coming out at shower only warm 3. TV only local channel in Dutch language

Breakfast was great

• Reviewed: April 19, 2018

A quiet, serene location for a relaxing time.

I had booked a room with king sized bed but found that I was a given a room with twin beds. They could not change help me with this request. I was told if I wanted a room with a king sized bed I needed to pay for an upgrade. I refused.

Staff were very helpful and smiling all the time. They would go out of their way to help you. Being a few minutes walking towards the metro system is a big plus. Location is a quiet relaxing place but not far from any place that you want to go. Breakfast is something to look forward to every morning.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

I was generally happy with my stay and rated accordingly but...
    • Executive Junior Suite with City View

I was generally happy with my stay and rated accordingly but we had a disagreement with the room type and I am afraid could not resolve it. I booked an Executive Suite and received a room called Executive Junior Suite. These rooms were priced differently on Booking.com and the Junior one was cheaper. Hotel now says that Executive Suite is in fact Executive Junior Suite. I do not understand why I paid the difference and I could not explain this to the hotel. If you visit Booking.com, you will see that these two room types still exist with different rates. There was also a problem with air conditioning and was turning on a few minutes after turning off. Also it was not possible to adjust the temperature. This was fixed but we had a freezing night.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

Excellent Amsterdam view, culinary art representative of Japanese cuisine.
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Late check-in, but compansated by the warm wellcoming of the front desk.

1)Nice view of Amsterdam from upper floors. 2) Excellent Crew: Consierge:Lex, CRO:Zehra 3)Very rich culinary. Two Michelin starred, 1 Michelin recomended, in total 5 restaurants in the Hotel. (But Yamazato was not sufficiently reflecting the traditional Japanese cuisine; maybe worth to try the other ones.)

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

Staff were very friendly and upgraded our room, we were very...
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

The bed wasn't as comfortable as it could be. Firm beds are much better for the back but the hotel's bed was too soft. Food was too expensive too.

Staff were very friendly and upgraded our room, we were very happy about that. The location was also great if you are interested in visiting the museums and in general most places are very close with two tram stations close to the hotel.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Luxurious hotel with very friendly staff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The bathroom needed repainting, there was paint peeling off the walls, but other than that everything was great.

The staff very sweetly upgraded us to an Exec Room for our anniversary which was amazing, such a lovely room. They had written us a card and there was a cake waiting in our room. The room was so comfortable with a lovely bed and well stocked minibar and Nespresso machine.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2018

Fantastic and memorable stay! Thank you!
    • Executive Junior Suite

Hotel was clean and the staff were all very helpful and interested in us having a nice stay. It was a surprise for my wife and the manager even sent some chocolates and strawberries which was really sweet.

Great experience.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was overpriced for what you get.

Great experience. The staff was friendly and helpful, the room was a perfect size, clean and comfortable. The hotel restaurants were delicious but recommend making reservations ahead of time. We had a small dog traveling with us which cost us EUR 35/night. The hotel is pet friendly.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

Very nice and comfortable hotel.
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

The concierge gave false information when we asked about a "National Holocaust Museum". We were told there was no such thing in Amsterdam which is not true. One night we came back to the hotel and the staff member at the front desk argued with us that we cannot be guests of the hotel because apparently there is another name under our room. However, after we showed him the key cards and he checked the records once again, he finally believed that we are guests of the house. The response was: "yes, correct, your name is there, thank you". No apologies, nothing. Not very professional. Another problem was the coffee machine that was not working properly. Three days we stayed at the hotel and three times we asked to fix or to change the machine. A technician was sent to our room but also he couldn't fix the machine. In the end, the issue had just been ignored until our departure. The bathroom could be more clean. We are really not that demanding, but the drain whole in the sink was so black with dirt that you could see it every time when brushing the teeth. There was also always hair on the floor and even a hair in the closed houseshoe plastic bag.

Great breakfast. Mostly nice and friendly staff. Good location. Very nice view. Great restaurant 'Ciel Bleu'.

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

The service was excellent and we enjoyed our holiday...

None at all.

The service was excellent and we enjoyed our holiday thoroughly . We loved the restaurant sazanka . We enjoyed the buffet breakfast . The swimming pool staff were very good and courteous , especially a lady member of staff at the swimming reception desk on Sunday night was very helpful .

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

#escapefromthekids
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Didn't experience any genius benefits at the hotel but this may just have been a timing thing

On arrival the staff quickly attended to our baggage and valetted our car. We checked in quickly enough but our room wasn't available until after 3pm so the concierge arranged tram tickets for us so we could head straight out to sightsee. The number 12 tram was very close to the hotel that took us directly to the Rijksmuseum or the No 24 that would take us to the Old Town. The room when we returned to the hotel was very well appointed with a luxurious bathroom and separate rain shower.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Luxury hotel. Perfect for couples. Friendly and accommodating staff.
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Nothing. Everything was exceptional!

Staff very friendly and professional at all times. Lovely hotel with everything you need near by. I don’t often stay at a hotel more than once. This is my second visits and I WILL be staying here again next time I come to Amsterdam, would not want to stay anywhere else.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

Really good stay, excellent service, restaurants definitely worth a try.
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

When we get back our luggage and about to head to the airport, the staff friendly took the luggage for us but insisted to call the taxi immediately even when one of us told him that we were not yet ready, and the taxi driver charged us additional fee for waiting.

Really attentive staff, we had our dinners in the hotel, one is yamazato and one is ciel bleu, the Michelin restaurants are really good-tasting, good view, and services are well above expectation. Our room was updated for free with a canal view. Will definitely recommend it.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

Fully as expected - helped by an upgrade.
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Room Service failed to respond to my request for a Comfort Pillow, despite there being an invitation to select from a wide range of pillows.

The beds and all room facilities were excellent

• Reviewed: March 18, 2018

would not advise to others ....
    • Superior Double/Twin Room with Free Parking

Breakfast area was way too small, there was even a queue in the morning to wait for a place to sit. This really created a very negative experience although the rest was very good.

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

Fantastic hotel, eat at Ciel Bleu, you won't regret it!

Ciel Bleu restaurant is sublime, the staff are very friendly and helpful, Noel the sommelier's knowledge is mind blowing and the food outstanding.

THE best hotel in Amsterdam
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Nothing! Simply amazing stay!

Fantastic staff, great service by every single person at the hotel! Lovely spa area and u get help with everything! Highly recommend bike rental from the hotel!

Comfortable, clean, luxurious
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Services. We came at 12.00 in the hotel. Without any explanation they charged a 320 eur deposit on our card; then they told us that they don’t have the room ready. At 15.00 they gave us the room; it took another hour to send our luggage from reception to the room. At breakfast they charged the second person in a double room; this was done in the middle of our breakfast, interupting us in order to pay. At the end we asked concierge to print our flight tickets, they confirmed that the tickets are printed and waiting for us but when arrive ar concierge nobody knew anything so after 10 minutes they decided to print them.

Comfortable, clean, luxurious

Excellent view
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

- room interier design - soft mattress + "king size" bed is only 160cm wide...adequate but definitely not comfortable. - unable to cool down room below 23°C...window cannot be suficiently open, airconditioning allowed setting of minimum 20°C, but temperature never fell below 23°.

Location, view, caffe in the room, cool bathroom design with outside view...

• Reviewed: March 10, 2018

It was very relaxing and staff were very helpful
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Hard to fault anything really, there wasn’t much to pick from the room service menu at night

Staff where very good, bed was comfy,easy access to the town

• Reviewed: March 10, 2018

Will be back!
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Trying to find the controls for the auto blinds in the bathroom.

The good sized bathroom and the automated curtains! A comfortable bed and quiet air conditioning.

• Reviewed: March 1, 2018

Beautiful hotel, racist staff receptionist except manager and room services. To far from dam central
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

The staff were racist, unpleasant asked if I even paid for the room. Made our stay really uncomfortable. But the manager was lovely and she made the stay more pleasent. On the last day they tried to cone us out of money also

The rooms were beautiful and so I as the hotel decor

• Reviewed: February 27, 2018

Relaxing, comfortable and friendly
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

The only thing that could have gone better is that we booked the room as double/twin and I didnt notice that it was indicated it was only one bed. When we arrived I wanted to change to a room with two beds but then we could only upgrade and not just switch rooms.

Very clean, Nice spa facilities, good service all around: reception, restaurants, spa, room service.

• Reviewed: February 22, 2018

Great hotel and hotel staff. Japanese restaurant was not up to the hotel standard given the price.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Dinner took 4 hours - we received sorry's and sake, but what we really wanted was the best meal to match the hotels service level. This was lacking on that evening.

Authentic japanese courtesy and service.

• Reviewed: February 17, 2018

Fabulous. Will visit again.
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Everything was exceptional. When there was confusion with paying a big amount of money up front for extras it was soon sorted, halfed and I had a letter of apology for the upset plus some gorgeous chocolates! It made my first time abroad with out my parents a little less scary and definitely comfortable! Thank you!

• Reviewed: February 17, 2018

Very welcoming, spotlessly clean, perfect stay.

Everything was great.

Great concierge service - super helpful and knowledgeable. Fab spa and pool. A little way out of the centre but very easy to get in via trams or cabs. Loved it.

• Reviewed: January 22, 2018

Wonderful service, room facilities of required standard for...
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

We couldn't get a table in either of the main restaurants so ate in the lobby brasserie "Serre" which is pretty expensive for the quality / food. Cocktail menu in the 23rd floor bar is from the 1980s and could do with an update. Nude only sauna / steam room a bit of a culture clash for some international travellers.

Wonderful service, room facilities of required standard for the price. Wifi lightning quick.

• Reviewed: January 16, 2018

can relax,modern

too cold to swim/I hit 2times my head at new system desk which was not flat

good breakfast/new room/nice japanese restrant ,happy new year course was super good.

• Reviewed: January 15, 2018

Superior hotel, very nice decoration, professional staff.
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Pool and gym could be a bit better equipped.

Superior hotel, very nice decoration, professional staff. Breakfast was very good, great quality versus size (it's always better to limit the choice and offer superior products, as is the case here). Will most definetely return.

• Reviewed: January 4, 2018

Highly recommend this hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Empty water bottles were not taken away despite us requesting it to be removed from our room. Walls were thin so we can here some yelling from another room while we were trying to sleep. We had to call front desk about it because baby might wake up. They were apologetic and promised to check up on it immediately.

Room was very spacious and convenient especially with a baby; Staff warm and friendly; Awesome restaurants with attentive staff. We had dinner at Sazanka on a lactose- and soy-free diet and the dishes were still so good that I didn’t feel like I missed out. Baby was able to eat too. Also had dinner at Serre and staff was very attentive and suggested food that our baby can eat. Bread basket from room service very good; Convenient location.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2018

Great location for a city break, particularly on New Years Eve.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Breakfast buffet is far too expensive at 30 Euro's per head! We ate outside the hotel every day except for the last when it was provided FOC due to an issue with our room. The bed was comfortable but showing age. The hairdryer was useless. Not enough plug locations in the property, for instance my wife likes to dry and straighten her hair at the same time, you can't unplug straighteners without them cooling down, ended up plugging in under the coffee machine and using the wardrobe mirror. Bar on 23rd floor didn't want to serve cocktails after 11 on NYE. The TV's electronic program guide doesn't work so you have to flip through 59 channels. The bluetooth connection to the TV doesn't work so you have to bring a speaker if you like to listen to music in your room. We had an issue where ammonia was pumped into the room from the aircon, i'm sure this was a one off. The staff were keen to assist, unfortunately there were no spare rooms to relocate to on NYE so we slept with the windows open having thoroughly aired the room. The Manager Pock was very helpful and refunded our fee for that night and provided breakfast for my wife and I and the others in our party.

Excellent location, far enough out of the centre to be peaceful without too much of a walk to the sights. Lots of great places to get breakfast near the hotel, especially Coffee and Coconuts. Great Steak restaurant nearby, Loteje. The staff were plentiful and knowledgeable. The Pool and Jacuzzi were great. Great view from our room on the 15th floor. Plenty of lifts. The bar on the 23rd floor is a great asset, wicked views especially of the fireworks on New Years Eve. Umbrellas available, which is very handy given the weather we had, and bicycles although we discovered this on leaving which was a shame.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

Breakfast buffet and SPA is excellent
    • Executive Junior Suite

four nights on the 7th floor ... the reception could also have done a favor to us, and book us on a higher floor; even the room might be renewed recently, one window is not in a good shape; stronger winds are very well to hear ... for a leading hotel of the world this is not acceptable; the parking fee of €uro 40.-/per night is simply overdriven and should be corrected, especially when restaurant only guest receive free parking, but hotel guest have to pay for

Breakfast buffet and SPA is excellent

• Reviewed: January 1, 2018

Consistent comforts
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Not much really though the I thought the pool didn’t enforce the age restriction after 8 pm.

The comfort and general courtesy of the staff. With regard to the first, the room is designed well and has a wagon ambience due to the soft lighting and textures. The Nogami pool is also worthwhile and especially nice in the morning with the natural light.

• Reviewed: December 31, 2017

Christmas at Amsterdam

We initially had problems with the room overheating and were a bit disappointed - given the Hotels green credentials - that once fixed the AC was almost continuously needed to keep it cool enough 18C for sleeping (as this was in December it was certainly cooler outside than in so why the AC?)

The room was very nice, the executive lounge was good, all the breakfasts were very good, everything we had from the downstairs restaurant and from room service were excellent. The best part was the health spa, saunas and pool. On the whole our attempt to avoid all the Christmas blather at home in the UK was almost entirely successful.

• Reviewed: December 26, 2017

Staff members at the reception desk need professional trainging in order to work in a five star hote
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

the staff members at the front desk are not trained professionally as the five star hotel level, they were very rude and I felt they don't have any empathy. However, all other staff members - the cleaning ladies, the door men, the staff at the spa and the staff at the concierge - they were all excellent. The restaurants at the hotel were all booked for two evenings, except one they suggested (more bar type) - it was too expensive. The receptionists at the front desk said that those restaurants are popular, so you need to make reservations a week ahead. Usually travelers don't stay for more than a week in a city - haha. In my opinion, the hotel should not advertise on the website about those restaurants, if guests should make a reservation a week ahead. It could be only available for the local residence.

swimming pool, spa

• Reviewed: December 26, 2017

High level of services and superb restaurants.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

Wellness facility wasi under to our expectation either in level and design. Sky Bar design is far under to overall environment.

High level of services and superb restaurants.

• Reviewed: December 19, 2017

Only a 20 minute walk from centre, quiet location.
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Only a 20 minute walk from centre, quiet location. Amazing facilities & staff where even better. Although there was a mix up, they handled it amazingly which meant we could stay at the property.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

Lovely luxurious room and hotel with wonderful food.
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

No swim wear allowed in sauna/ steam room, we were uncomfortable so didn’t get to use this facility. I didn’t know we had to pay room tax at the hotel so this was an unexpected cost as I thought it was all covered upon booking. A discount at Sazanka should have been offered with room bookings.

Complementary upgrade to a lovely room. Friendly staff. Late check out. Amazing food at Sazanka.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2017

beautiful Japanese Themed hotel

Rates + location

Very nice hotel. located at outskirts of Amsterdam central. There some nice restaurants and bars near the hotel. Very good Fitness facility and good restaurants. The executive lounge could be better by providing some snacks.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2017

New decoration of the rooms is nice but bathroom slightly...
    • Superior Suite

Some staff speak little Englush and no Dutch at all. Parking is a problem.Very expensive and takes 10 minutes to valet to get the car.

New decoration of the rooms is nice but bathroom slightly smaller than before. Swimming pool and spa are outstanding.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2017

Amazing sports/swimming pool complex, staff was helpfull...
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

No water bottle in the room,the room was overheated the first night so we put the AC lower the second night and woke up with a cold.

Amazing sports/swimming pool complex, staff was helpfull but depends on who you are talking to, rooms are kept very tidy. Very quiet and peaceful location, yet the center is reachable easily.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2017

Excellent - this is our second visit to the hotel and we will definitely return.
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

I would have like a kettle to make tea in the room as I do not drink coffee. The coffee maker did heat water and so I could make tea but I would have preferred a kettle. The cocktails were very expensive approx. 15 euros each.

the executive lounge was very good and the breakfast was excellent. All staff were very helpful and charming. They allowed us to check out late at 1.00 pm and extended our access to the executive lounge after we had checked out for the rest of the day.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2017

A great place to stay for comfort and luxury.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Beautiful quiet room with panoramic views. Super comfortable bed with a luxurious pillow selection, prompt room service. Convenient location for the Rai Convention Centre.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2017

The room was confortable but old and all the hotel need a...
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

The room was confortable but old and all the hotel need a remodeling. Breakfast is very expensive and location needs a bit walking for everywhere or a bike.

The room was confortable but old and all the hotel need a remodeling. View was amazing

• Reviewed: November 10, 2017

Nice property. Could use some housekeeping training.
    • Executive Junior Suite

Maid service was less than stellar. Didn’t clean up trash.

Executive Lounge is awesome. Stayed in 2 different Jr Suites and had 2 different beds. The first was much more comfortable.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2017

Dissapointing .. lacked attention to detail which makes a stay Extra Special
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Bath robes .. 1 had holes in it ! The other had belt loop missing .. hardly 5 star !! How to work lift not explained well on arrival .. was a mess .. other people had same issue i saw . Funny smell of SEWAGE or something similar in corridor outside room for first 24 hours .. 5 star ? Not enough coathangers in wardrobe provided for 2 people .. very few .. had to request 9 more ... really basic provision that . No water provided .. common for the price .. costs them v little to do that included !! Way too many light switches in room .. v confussing .. even after 3 nights still couldnt remember which did what . Coffee machine had a mind of its own .. lol Overall would i stay at an Okura again ... No ! for whats suppossed to be 5star it was lacking re the above and didnt have the attention to detail . Not worth the price im afraid .

Bed was good . Location was good . View was great .

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Pleasant but overpriced
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

40Euros per day for parking is a lot considering if you are spending a few days at the hotel. Gift shop doesn't open until 5pm, hotel doesn't have any shops for little snacks/bite food/crisps & chocolate etc which would of been handy. Location is pretty far from central Amsterdam! It's not really walkable, took about 15 minutes in cab and cost around 20-25 euros one way.

Nice modern hotel, however a little over priced nothing too special or fancy. Good indoor & outdoor car park facility that connects to the hotel. Quiet hotel and spacious rooms.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2017

Outstanding.
    • Superior Suite with City View

No issues.

Great facilities. Nice views of Adam from the room. Comfy bed. Steam, sauna, gym facilities were tops! Definitely will consider whenever back in Adam.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2017

Spacious rooms, dissapointing spa
    • Executive Double/Twin Room with City View

It was very difficult to book a treatment at the spa. On Mondays it was closed, in the mornings also closed, and the rest of the time they were always fully booked.

The rooms and ambient.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2017

i was not happy and i expected more from this hotel
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

I was first given a bigger room but it had two beds and I wanted one bed.. the bathroom had a tub. I asked that I get a room with a double bed. I was moved to a smaller room with no tub in the bathroom. I had booked an executive room. I could not get access to the executive lounge and had to go back to reception. I asked for two pillows and only one was sent. I requested for an extension of an hour extra for check out and that was refused. I enjoyed my stay at a 3 Star more than at this 5 star. the breakfast was good

the pillow provided.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2017

One of the nicest hotels I've stayed in.
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

The hotel was very accommodating. We were traveling with 2 adult sons and I wanted to ensure they had twin beds in their room. Although the hotel's policy is that they cannot guarantee bed choice until check-in, we exchanged emails and they said they would do their best. They certainly did. They gave us connecting rooms, and the twin room was a corner with two walls of windows and great views. Both rooms were very spacious, which is unusual in the Netherlands. Everything about the room was luxurious and the entire staff was great. It was a perfect location--away from the crowds but a quick walk to major attractions or a tram ride to the center. Of course, we paid a good amount (although the same or less as we would have paid for other hotels with smaller rooms), but it was one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. I would love to go back.