Reviews of Owl Hotel 3 stars

#153 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

Based on 2037 hotel reviews

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Good fun

Didn’t have WiFi code,still had old one in book. I didn’t have new towels or any. Phone to reception didn’t work!.

Position is perfect,staff friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Convenient, clean, cute, comfortable and friendly!
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff members at the Owl Hotel were extremely kind and helpful. We stayed at a pricier hotel the next night but I wished been would have stayed here instead. Convenient, clean, comfortable and friendly!

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Pretty good; but room for improvement.

The breakfast could have been better, the man at reception on my arrival was robotic but the later receptionists were better, the walls between rooms are very thin so a loudmouthed neighbour was particularly annoying.

The location is especially good with a large park behind and main roads leading to the centre of Amsterdam in front.

Perfect place to stay away from the noise
    • Double or Twin Room

That the rooms doesn’t have the basic needs like tissue box or a complementary bottle of water even the soap was tiny ......

Perfect location, quiet area, coosy place

Good location for tours and museums which are all close by.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bed was a little small and pillows very soft and we had ro ask for extra pillows as there were no extras in the room

Good location for tours and museums which are all close by.

All in all I would stay there again very good location

The fact that the water pipes ran through the the room against the headboard of the bed and when other rooms used water the pipes made a hell of a clicking noise which disturbed your sleep.

My room was a single room which was fairly basic but adequate for a my three night stay but the bathroom which again was small was extremely bright and clean the shower was superb.

Lovely Hotel in a perfect location.
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was poor for the money. Scrambled eggs looked as though they had been there for ages. (Wouldn't try) I am used to Hotels that offer cooked or continental breakfasts, so yes, I was disappointed. Only ate breakfast twice (out of 3 days). Breakfasts out, so much better and cheaper. Do try and do something about this, as it seems a shame for this to let the Hotel down a little.

The Hotel was very nice. Reception Staff very friendly and helpful. If visiting Amsterdam again I would return to The Owl Hotel and also recommend to others.

We really enjoyed our stay at the Owl Hotel and would definitely recommend it highly.
    • Double or Twin Room

The lift was very small and occasionally got stuck on one floor if the external door was not shut properly. However, the staff cheerfully helped to sort out any problems with the lift straight away. (The lift it was really necessary, especially for the upper floors, as the staircase was very pitched, twisty and steep.)

The staff were very friendly and helpful and made us feel welcome from the moment we arrived. There is a lovely garden at the back of the property (which the breakfast area overlooks) and a small, but comfortable lounge. The location of the hotel was ideal, close to the major museums and the bus to and from the airport.

Very relaxed and enjoyable 😊
    • Double or Twin Room

Lovely surprise..... staff friendly and very helpful. Thank you for considering my dietary requirements. Bed comfortable but a little soft.... that however is a personal preference. Thank you everyone.

Perfect place

Once I used my cups (plastic one from bathroom) I have never got new one.

Amazing and helpful people at reception. Perfect place for one day trips, close to nice restaurants, close to bus and tram, clean rooms. Really recommend.

Very nice hotel close to the center of the city and the...

Small fridges in the rooms would be useful.

Very nice hotel close to the center of the city and the museum district. Clear and quiet. Helpful and very nice staff. Typical Dutch breakfasts -- quite rich and tasty.

Lovely neighborhood, tiny room.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was super small. There was no place to put clothes. We were there for 5 days and it was miserable living out of a suitcase. For what we got, the price was much too high.

The neighborhood is lovely. The staff generally helpful. There is a nice garden in which to sit.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Memory making trip to Amsterdam
    • Double or Twin Room

We could hear the gentleman talking/coughing in room near to us (at times sounded like he was in our room/bathroom) doors slamming in the early hours of the morning. Not asked if we needed luggage store on check out.

Great quiet safe location with only a few mins walk to the busy Leidseplein centre which has many bars, restaurants, a park and museums. Great public transport links. Bike parks outside (the hotel hires bikes) Hotel staff friendly and helpful. Large clean rooms/bathrooms with comfy beds. (we requested additional pillows, which was promptly dealt with) Cooling Fan and blankets available. Tea and coffee available in the large lounge area and on the beautiful terrace. (Which we could enjoy with my eldest daughter who is a Dutch resident). A vending machine for additional treats/ snacks (local shops close at 10pm) lots of information available. Lift available to the rooms. We would highly recommend and return on our next visit.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Fantastic, great hotel, excellent location
    • Double or Twin Room

The only negative was that there was no air conditioning, temperatures were over 30 degrees Celsius while we were there, but they had kindly put fans I n our rooms which helped a lot. However, we did leave them on when we left to go out so that it would be cool when we returned but each time it was be turned off and we returned to a hot rooms.

Staff were so friendly and helpful, couldn’t praise them highly enough. We had a large room to the front of the property, it was great. Very clean. And we loved the lift 😊.

Perfect location for our plans for the day.
    • Double or Twin Room

I thought I was booking an air conditioned hotel, not so. There was a fan in the room. They do not offer wash cloths so bring your own. Trash in our room had not been emptied

Very happy it had an elevator! Breakfast area was well kept and pleasant. The eggs didn’t come out until we were nearly done

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Location was out of the centre but still nice and close and...

Value for money, don’t get much for what you pay, though I think Amsterdam hotels generally expensive so I suppose it’s the same everywhere.

Location was out of the centre but still nice and close and easily 5 min walk to shops. Room has own bathroom which was new and clean. Was so hot when I was there and rooms had small portable fan which was a lifesaver.

Location is fantastic being so close to park and markets
    • Double or Twin Room

Maybe I'm just being a little pickie but I didn't find the beds very comfortable besides that there's nothing else I could find wrong

Location is fantastic being so close to park and markets

This is a beautiful little hotel with very friendly and helpful staff
    • Double or Twin Room

There was no main light in our room and the only light switch was over the bed, a little bit dangerous in the dark. Air-con would have been amazing but I appreciate it is an old building and a fan was provided

The staff were amazing the girl that checked us in was so helpful. From then on any of the guys that covered the desk were really friendly

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

It’s all about the location
    • Double or Twin Room

- Tiny rooms with very thin walls! - No air-conditioning - for us this meant some nights of a very restless sleep

+ The location is excellent + The WiFi is speedy + The rooms are very clean + There is a resident cat! + The reception staff are very friendly and go out of their way to help / give suggestions + Perfectly adequate, simple breakfast + A lovely courtyard in which to sit

Location fairly close to major museums, breakfasts expensive, rooms clean but small.
    • Double or Twin Room

The fairness of pricing and attitude of the male partner of owners were questionable. Although we moved into a smaller room, the male owner made us pay the higher rate, saying all the rooms were the same size. That contradicted what his wife had told us the day before and what we saw as cleaning occurred in other rooms on our floor. The breakfasts were too expensive for what was served. The staff, however, was very friendly and helpful, and the location was excellent. Small garden in back needs care, but provides pleasant outdoor space.

Basic hotel in fantastic location

No air conditioning, only one working plug so you would have to decide between fan or charging your phone etc. A little more basic that I would have expected for a 3 star hotel

Fantastic location. Clean and friendly. Single room was reasonable size, but very dated. If booking ask for room in front of hotel as those facing garden are dark and stuffy.

Spacious room (I stayed in the room for two people) and with...
    • Double or Twin Room

There could be more power sockets in the room. I don't like carpet floor (but it was clean).

Spacious room (I stayed in the room for two people) and with natural light. Helpful staff. Great location.

Great location, friendly helpful staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

I thought it was expensive. The room was ok but quite small for the price. I guess you pay for location.

The breakfast was good, the location was excellent, the staff were very friendly and helpful. It was also nice to have the garden to sit in, in the evening or for breakfast

Pleasant independent budget hotel

If the rooms and corridors were as nice as the entrance and bar/breakfast room, this would be outstanding. However, the corridor decor & furniture in the rooms all seemed a little old or in need of some TLC.

A basic, budget hotel. Great reception staff and a great location. I would definitely stay again on business, but I wouldn't take my wife as part of a holiday, as she wants a little luxury & comfort.

Wonderful place stay!
    • Double or Twin Room

Super friendly staff. Hotel is in the PERFECT location for walking to museums, park, MANY restaurants and canal cruises. Easy (and cheap) express bus to and from Airport. Hotel bar simple, but had enough basics for an afternoon drink or nightcap before bed. Breakfast room was wonderful. Bright room flooded with natural light through the big windows. Many choices for breakfast including sliced meats and cheese, yogurts, fruits, cereals, pasteries, toast and decadent coffee machine. We loved this hotel and will stay here again when we return. Additionally, I highly recommend getting the IAMSTERDAM card. It made entrances into historical and museums affordable and public transport super easy!

Noisy hotel with hostel like rooms and bathrooms. The wife was not happy!
    • Double or Twin Room

Where to start? The size of the rooms, the decor, the leaky shower, the broken light switch, the paper thin walls so you could hear everything in the rest of the hotel... I get the hotel is only three stars but the noise at the place alone should make it a two star.

The location was good, that's about it.

Great location in Amsterdam
    • Double or Twin Room

Spotty wi on our last day there. Had to go down to the front desk several times to get on. Need a hook in the bathroom.

Great location. The desk clerk was great. Gave spot on restaurant recommendations.

Average in room very good in staff
    • Double or Twin Room

Total lack of shelf space. I could not unpack my suit case even partially The staff was excellent You need to install shower curtain poles that are curve toward the outside, you will gain a lot with your customers if you provided more shelf place. If I was on business the breakfast would be too late. 7 would be fine and 6:30 even better. We had a pleasant stay. Peter is great as well as everyone we encountered. Thank you kindly, Ediegagnon@hotmail.com and Francois

There was a bathtub.

It served my needs and it felt safe and comfortable, but really bare bones and charm-deficient.
    • Double or Twin Room

OK it is probably that Amsterdam is really expensive, but it was a lot of money to pay for a cubicle......not a tiny cubicle, but a cublicle.......and zero charM.

Good location, staff was fine, great to be able to open the windows.

ridiculous

It is totally unacceptable that they have this hotel in function when they are doing construction. They started at 7:30 in the morning to drill the wall and you could hear everything in the room. So not worth the money.

We loved Amsterdam and would definitely consider staying at the Owl if we were to visit Amsterdam
    • Double or Twin Room

Good location, friendly staff, great breakfast. Rooms were a little small but that is usual for small private hotels in Amsterdam. Easy walking distance to Museums and 5 minutes to tram stops.We

A one night stop over
    • Double or Twin Room

exorbident prking rates set by local council not hotel. 35 euro/night needs more pillows on bed, just one each. trivago site clearly said free breakfast at booking then once booked became an extra! sent an email with a copy n paste. got no reply. Piet kindly offered to honour the offer but said I'd made a mistake. We did not take the offer up. be very wary of trivago!

good location and friendly reception

Most comfortable bed I’ve had in a hotel for years!
    • Double or Twin Room

Would have liked a kettle in room to make some tea

Most comfortable bed I’ve had in a hotel for years! Staff very friendly and very keen to help whatever was asked of them

Friendly, well-located and well-run hotel - can't go wrong!
    • Small Twin Room

Coffee and tea in the room would make a huge difference and its pretty standard worldwide - so it really feels lacking here.

Great location, friendly well informed staff, wonderful breakfast. And the friendly house cat!

The hotel gives you everything what is needed for a four day...
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel gives you everything what is needed for a four day tourist stay in Amsterdam. Staff is very helpful, rooms are clean, main attractions are near. The hotel is a on a quiet street. There is renovation going on, in the working hours, but it didn't bother us, because we where out whole day.

This was a very nice place to stay while visiting the...
    • Double or Twin Room

This was a very nice place to stay while visiting the Museums. Also very easy to walk to other interesting places in Amsterdam. Staff was very nice and welcoming, Breakfast also very nice.

Excellent location, friendly staff,clean and comfortable..needs some upkeep

The only down side was the unexpected scaffolding on the back side of the building which blocked my view into the garden court.

The room was comfortable and clean..the front staff were very friendly and helpful..I loved having the garden court to sit out in after a busy day! Location is excellent! Cathy (Canada)

it was quiet.
    • Double or Twin Room

It was dark, small, dingy and smelly - nothing like I expected. I asked to change rooms and was told nothing further was available.....I would never stay here again or recommend it.

it was quiet.

Very bad stay
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was extremelly small The male receptionist upon my arrival was not very friendly & rude he gave us room on the high floor, was asking if they had another room he said no, then i go to check the room, there is too many door & We need to climb the staircase to reach that room, imagine 2 lady’s with big luggage & nobody come to help us, i call him & make complaint, why they didn’t mentioned in booking.com that we need to climb a staircase, i choose this hotel because they have lift facilities. Finally he change our room to second floor. Which was just ok for me. Very bad experience & expensive hotel. Not recomended.

Location was perfect! Breakfast was really nice with friendly staff, during my first day the staff at bar counter she is really nice, friendly, and good serving. But for the secobd day, there is 1 philipine lady with a very loud voice, i order for mocha & coffee she only prepare coffee, busy doing other things.

Pleasant

A lot of noise early in the morning due to the hotel being Under renovation.

Very friendly hotel staff. 5 minute walk from everything there is to see in Amsterdam.

This hotel is in an excellent location if you are interested...
    • Small Twin Room

I chose the smallest room for affordability which was fine except they never scheduled cleaning between or in and out excursions. The television was exceptionally small. The bath tub was very steep and difficult to get in and out of safely. Breakfast was very average for 11 euros. Coffee only offered at breakfast and not allowed to take food or coffee to room. Find another hotel in this location.

This hotel is in an excellent location if you are interested in the top sights. The street is very quiet and easy access to local restaurants or more expensive in the other direction.

Extremely lovely neighborhood

We were informed by the staff saying that the breakfast is included in the bill, but turned out it didn't, and had to pay for the price:( The shower also came with relatively low water pressure.

Extremely lovely neighborhood

Staff excellent very clean hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Room very small requested double room with double bed but got 2 single beds pushed together not comfortable stayed a few times but bit disappointed this time

Staff excellent very clean hotel

Exceptionally expensive for what we had
    • Small Twin Room

Whilst I knew I had booked a small twin room I was disappointed at just how much I had to pay for such a tiny room. The en suite bathroom was a cupboard and the door could not be closed if you were on the toilet even At £250 per night it was not value for money. Room was clean but hotel overall was very dated. Location was great and staff polite and helpful

Convenient and dull
    • Double or Twin Room

A boring place. Correct and dull. Why is the security box in the least accessible part of the small room - on the floor at the back of a cupboard? To thwart thieves, perhaps. Lift a near museum piece. Noisy corridor cleaning early in the morning. Just about aqequate breakfast; half cold scrambled egg and same everything each day. The place is tired and needs energising........

Convenience. Bonus question of style (above) - answer - dull

Martin
    • Double or Twin Room

The fact we could not take a cup of tea to our room. No facilities to make your own. We weren't allowed to take even a piece of fruit out of the breakfast room. unfortunately they were doing renovations and we had closed in scaffolding outside our window and we were there for 7 nights.

The position was fantastic. Michelle and staff were amazing, very helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. We liked that there was a lift. There was a lovely outdoor area where you could sit.

Convenient location near tram stop
    • Double or Twin Room

I did not get the twin room I had asked for The view from the window was tarpaulin and scaffolding The walls were very thin, I could hear very loud snoring from the room next door

location very good, staff pleasant

The hotel is nice but soundproofing needs to be improved

Lack of soundproofing, at night it is guite hard to get asleep due to the noises from neighbouring rooms

Location is great, just near the museum quarter, the staff was very helpful in giving recommendations and directions, nice breakfast.

Fair but with some dangerous points
    • Double or Twin Room

The electric outlets in room 43 were unsafe especially by the desk. Deciding which outlet did what was a dangerous trial and error. The bath tub was too slippery if you were taking a shower. The hair dryer needs cleaning out.

The breakfast was great. Your staff were also great as was the overall look of the main floor.

overall 90 / 100
    • Quadruple Room

I couldn't get a VAT receipt for my stay , every time i'm staying in hotels all over the country I work from my room so I tend to do my expenditure for my company , with premier inn I can get this from the front desk , but for some reason travel lodge I cant , this sometimes determines what hotel I stay in so travel lodge sometimes misses out

staff were really friendly , food was good .

-- clean restaurant
    • Double or Twin Room

-very small room which looks outdated -- Not possible for two people to move at the same time in the room -night noise from one of the radiators --You can .t adjust the water pressure on the shower

-- clean restaurant --balanced breakfast --personal- very friendly

Staff was extra friendly.

Room for one was really small. It was a little bit strange that washbasin was in the room, not in the toilet/shower. Reson for that was that also oilet/shower was really small.

Staff was extra friendly.

Ideal location made for a most enjoyable break

Nothing springs to mind.

Location was excellent within minutes walking distance to Vondelspark, Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh museum. Also very close to buzzing nightlife and many and varied restaurants. With regards to the Hotel itself breakfast was very good with plenty of choice and the bed was very comfortable. Receptionists were all very friendly and helpful.

The staff was very helpful and kind.
    • Small Twin Room

The room was extremely small. We had 1 baggage rack in a 2 person room. Maybe I could request a second one but if I got it, I would have no place to put it. Naturally, I had no place to put the second bag (Both cabin size bags). The only closet was squeezed in the corner, it was unusable. The bathroom was freezing cold, I could see my breath. The room itself was also pretty cold. As a result, now I'm sick. The beds were old and worn, I kept rolling into the middle.

The staff was very helpful and kind. The hotel has a resident cat, Shaki, who was a joy. I always looked to find her and play with her. The location is really close to many tourist attractions. Hotel has a tea and coffee machine available 24 hours, it makes a mean espresso. Our room had a high ceiling and huge windows which lets natural light in, (but also cold air). The bathroom was new and clean.

Location and staff friendliness was simply great.

The room was very small. Furniture and fixtures are a little old. The window was blocked with scaffolding due to external renovations.

Location and staff friendliness was simply great.

Why I returned 30 years later
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was too small for two people with luggage.

Friendly, knowledgeable staff. Great breakfast area and we enjoyed a beer and wine after our busy day. Best location!

• Double or Twin Room

You can hear voices from the others rooms because the walls are too thin. The room is very small for 2 people, it was difficult to walk in there when you have 2 luggages each. The hotel MUST does something about the windows. You can feel the air from outside entering the room, so if you're going to stay there during cold weather, it could be a problem. I think the big problem with this hotel is the value for money. I know Amsterdam is crowded and there are not so many options, but this hotel is very expensive for what it offers. Just to compare, I have paid less for a 4 stars hotel near Sorbonne University in Paris (a very good area).

The location is OK. It is a quiet street but you have to walk for 15 minutes at least to get to the main center. I understand that this is Amsterdam and you don't have so many options in the center. The wifi worked very good in our room with a great speed. The bathroom is OK. For me and my girlfriend, the bed was comfortable. The breakfast could be better. I mean, some fruits and more options would be nice, but I think it worths to take the breakfast there.

The staff were so friendly and helpful.
    • Double or Twin Room

A kettle in the room would be great.

The staff were so friendly and helpful. They gave us plenty of tips on how to enjoy the city. The hotel was well located to access the main sites. As the hotel idin quieter area you did not get disruption at night.

Cozy room to rest after touring the city; would recommend a more spacious hotel if weather is bad
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was very small and seemed dated. Windows were not double glazing, so when the wind was strong it entered the room through the edges. Towels were small and worn, and also had a nasty vinegar odour. Small mirror in the desk was awkwardly placed - however there was another on the closet door. Although I get you mostly pay the location, it's not a best value for money hotel - and none of similarly rated hotels in the centre (with such price) are: I have stayed with less money in a better hotel in the centre of Paris. However, I do get that Amsterdam is not Paris and the number of hotels in the centre is actually limited.

The location is perfect: very close to the centre, the sights, the museums, restaurants and cafes. Didn't need to get a public transport card at all. The only better location would be on a canal - with view. The room was warm and clean, the staff was helpful and friendly. The breakfast was better than similar-level hotels I have been in the past, more than adequate. I was overly satisfied by this hotel experience, may reconsider it for the future - since there are only a limited choice of good hotels in such a location in Amsterdam with affordable price.

Qualifies for the standard of 3 stars hotel with above average bathroom
    • Quadruple Room

It's a silent disctrict, but don't expect that during the weekend nights as THIS IS AMSTERDAM, so expect rush weekend nights in probably every hotel due to the stoned and disoriented hotel guests inside or outside the hotel smoking marihuana making some noise due to their paranoias/hallucinations and disorientation :-). If you are drug-tourist, be aware when stoned to avoid collision with many cyclists and tram in the streets and prevent falling-sinking down to one of the many water channels (as they have no railing barriers). I didn't see such situation at all yet, but I can imagine that it might happen here easily than in other city. Use gps-waypoints to navigate or some sober guide as the streets and channels are pretty similar to each other and for stoned people is very easy to loose orientation. One city specialty: 3xx numbered bus lines are private transport service payed separately with separate cards, so don't expect your GVB public transport ticket to use for it. Back to the hotel: room was quite small for 4 people (bunk/stacked beds), the floor was noisy (due to parquets under the carpet probably), there was no cabinet with shelfs, it was more or less just a locker with hangers. Not possible to use stairs on the way up (way-down only) and only one elevator is there..

It's a nice district on a silent street, less than 10 minutes walk from the border of historical centre. Good outlook, good bathroom equipment (a bathtube with thermostatic tap), safe. There are no limitations in the coffee shops (as some websites declare): as foreign tourist you can buy any canabis stuff there, no one cares.

Very friendly and helpful staff, they were always available...
    • Small Twin Room

Some noise probably from the radiator during the night.

Very friendly and helpful staff, they were always available to give some useful information. Very good location, few minutes from the airport express bus and from the public transport and if you wish you can walk to the city centre. Good breakfast: cheese, ham, bread, jams, Nutella, juices and hot drinks available. Bright and clean room and quite hot with the radiator on.

Super friendly staff, room was good, confortable and very clean!!
    • Small Twin Room

A little smell of cigarretes outside the bedroom.

I really liked my stay at Owl Hotel. The staff was super friendly. The room was good, confortable and most important very clean!!

A very pleasant stay and would stay at the owl hotel again.
    • Double or Twin Room

Although there is a vending machine downstairs and a bar it would have been nice to have a welcome drink of some kind on the first night. I understand that most European hotels do not supply tea or coffee making facilities!

My partner had cycled from Hoek of Holland to Amsterdam and was relieved to have a secure place at the the hotel to lock his bicycle. It is also a convenient five minutes walk to the Van Goch and Rijksmuseums.

my stay became nightmare just bcz of wrong staff at their front desk

staff of the hotel at front desk, she was humiliating, and I went through the pain of facing her.

lady at front desk was having some attitude issue which has to be taken care else it will spoil hotel's reputation and reliability.

GREAT LOCATION Smack in the middle of the tourist area but...

GREAT LOCATION Smack in the middle of the tourist area but isolated on a little street next to the park. I felt like I was far away from the busy city, at home, protected, in a comfortable environement and close to nature. I loved breakfast! It wasnt cheap but definitely worth it. Good food and more important, it allowed me to drink coffee for free for the length of my stay.

Highly recommend to anyone
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms are clean, spacious and the beds are comfier than my own. The bathroom is great with soaps, shower gel all supplied. Rooms can get quite warm but windows can open quite far out so works well. Staff are very friendly so don't really have a bad word to say. If you want to explore dam and be out all day then shouldn't really have a problem with anything unless you are picky!

Small cozy Hotel

Needs some renovation.

Helpfull stuff, nice breakfast buffet, good location for the sity center. Lots of nice restaurants in walking distance. Very cozy back yard!

Good location - helpful staff - nice hearty breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

Rooms are small. No room to put luggage - bathroom small no counter to put anything on. No fan in bathroom to take shower moistur out. Bathtub shower is very auquard to get in and out.

Location near the heart of things. Easy walk from local bus stop - for bus to and from airport. Easy walk to museums and core of town. Lots of places to eat and drink beer

staff very helpful and friendly, location good for the...
    • Double or Twin Room

staff very helpful and friendly, location good for the trams, buses and shops. Room and bathroom very clean, breakfast excellent, would stay here again when visiting our grandson at university in amsterdam

Nice people, decent location, facility was very plain.

When I arrived my room was not ready (which is OK because i arrived early), but when i was shown to my room, it was dirty from the previous guest. They recognized this and moved me to another room, but it was not a good situation.

Staff was friendly and the city was easily accessible from the property.

Good location, friendly staff ,clean but basic

No bath in bathroom but shower was ok. After breakfast was finished you couldn’t get a cup of tea or coffee and that’s only if you have paid for breakfast because if you haven’t then you are not entitled to a cuppa at all. I personally, after walking around all day ,do appreciate a good cuppa and a long soak in the bath.

the location was good . You could walk to dam square in around 20 minutes or catch the tram that was a few minutes walk from the hotel. The staff were really friendly and helped you with any questions or directions you may have. Breakfast was ok but could do with a bit more variety. The bedrooms were alright . The beds were comfortable and the room was clean but could do with updating. The wardrobe was small but do have a safe inside so that was a bonus. It’s a small hotel with minimum luxurious but that is reflected in the price. It’s a nice hotel if you don’t intend to spend to much time in it.

Average hotel.
    • Small Twin Room

The bathroom in our twin room was absolutely tiny. There was minimum space between the toilet seat and the door. The room was not very clean. But as I booked it for very cheap, I’m not in a massive fuss!

Staff were very friendly and the location was close to public transport.

Good value basic hotel in great location.

Lift is a bit noisy. Very little sound proofing between rooms. Could hear people next door chatting but thankfully they were very quiet so wasn't an issue. I do wish more hotels would give the carpets in the rooms a good clean more often. No visible stains or anything like that but you can see it on your socks after walking around. This is not unique to this hotel by any means as I've noticed this in most places so not really marking them down on that.

Great location. Good value. Wifi in the room was much better than other paces I've stayed. Bathroom very clean.

Quiet, comfortable and friendly hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

The bathroom could have been better - we had a small bathroom with a shower and a toilet, and the sink was in the bedroom. Also the water pressure for the shower was awful, but maybe I just timed it when everyone else was also trying to shower.

The room was comfortable and staff were so friendly and helpful. Also the location is great - close to a town centre but out of the way enough to be quiet.

I will stay again

The sound isolation is poor, so it was a little noisy I’m the morning (but the room was nice and cozy).

All the staff at reception were very friendly and helpful. The location was perfect (quiet, safe, convenient). Breakfast was lovely.

Browse Owl Hotel traveller photo gallery