Reviews of Hotel Palanka 3 stars

Walramplein 9, 6301 DC Valkenburg, Netherlands

#46 of 52 hotels in Valkenburg

Good hotel overall!

The room was basic in as much there were no coffee and tea making facilities in the room or a fridge. Air conditioning would also be useful and the hotel is not suitable for disabled people due the the rooms being on so many levels with many steps.

The breakfast spread in the morning was amazing!. The staff were very attentive , friendly and helpful.

Friendly multi-lingual staff
    • Comfort Double Room

No air conditioning Building work in the square at the front of the hotel - started at 6:30am on Saturday €10 for parking was a bit steep but when work completed in main square it will be easier & cheaper to park there.

Friendly multi-lingual staff Large clean room Excellent breakfast

Very convenient location to the town centre, good breakfast...
    • Comfort Double Room

Having to pay for parking was a little unfair for guests and the bar was not open in the evening, though the receptionist did get us a drink when we asked for one.

Very convenient location to the town centre, good breakfast and the room was warm and comfortable.

Exceptional value for money, excellent facilities and staff and superb location in Valkenburg
    • Budget Double Room

Nothing, exceptional value for money and an excellent hotel.

The hotel offer exceptional value for money and is located in the center of Valkenburg. The staff, rooms,breakfast and facilities were excellent and i shall not hesitate to recommend the hotel to others and stay there again on my next visit to Valkenburg. I only wish more hotels were as attentive and like minded in offering the value for money this hotel offers. Parking is at the rear and the breakfast buffet is excellent.

not the best housing experience @ Palanka Hotel
    • Budget Double Room

the water pressure in the bathroom (very low) the shower hose was broken/ leaking the pipes conducting the water to the bathroom are passing through the room (near the right bed) making quite some noise when you flush the toilet or when using the shower the bathroom door couldn't be locked the pool was pretty small the parking had to be paid no hair drier no airco TV remote control was broken smell of cigarettes on the hallway

the luxury of having a swimming pool

This hotel is in a great location!
    • Comfort Double Room

The parking for the hotel costs an extra 10 euro per day which isn't bad at all, but I went there for a car show (Corvette) and didn't know that the parking lot was gravel so I paid for parking that I didn't use. The stairs are relatively steep and shallow for lack of a better word, so be careful on them or take the little (2 to 3 person) elevator. The instant coffee was, well instant coffee. (One of the ladies made us some espresso which was pretty good, so if you like good coffee ask one of the nice ladies roaming the cafeteria) The shower is relatively small. I'm 6'2", 270lbs. (muscular build, not rotund :-) ) and it was really tight in there, so if you're any larger be sure to get a room with the tub as I'm not sure they all have both. And whatever you do, test the water temperature before you get in there, the water is always scalding hot. There are no fans or air conditioning so if you like it cool, you'll have to sleep out on the balcony :-).

The location of the hotel is great. Valkenburg is a great little city with plenty to see, and a lot of it is within short walking distance from the hotel. I liked the table assignment in the cafeteria. The tables are assigned according to room numbers so you never have to worry about finding a place to sit and eat. The room had a large bathroom with a full-size tub and separate shower. We were on the second floor and our room had a large balcony facing the front of the building so the view was nice.

Worst place in valkenburg DON'T GO HERE 😵
    • Standard Single Room

The staff is horrible and rude. The pictures on the website don't match. There was a bad odor on the floor I slept. The building is not well maintained. Total letdown due to the false advertising. DON'T GO HERE!

Getting away from there as fast as I could

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

De locatie
    • Comfort Double Room

The reception was very rude in the telephone. Due to work we were only able to arrive before 12 midnight. I called to informed but she insisted rudely we have to come before 11pm. When arrived we found out they actually closed at midnight every night. Very unprofessional!!!

De locatie

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

A night of terror which I hope that I will never have to experience again.
    • Standard Single Room

Drunken Dutch men tried to break down my bedroom door in the early hours of the morning. The late night security door which was to be used with a code when returning after 10.00 pm. at night could be opened without the code simply by leaning against it. This meant that the hotel had no security whatsoever. The men did not get my room as I braced myself against the inside of the door as it was bowed and about to cave in. Luckily they then gave up and I heard them trying to kick in another door further down the passage. Approximately 2 hours later drunken men returned and this time they had a key to a room - I do not know it it was the same group as before. I complained to the maid when I left at 6.00 a.m. the next morning as the owner was not about. I also checked the security door when I left and it was still faulty. The owner then called me and tried to blame me for not telephoning security from my room when I was far too busy trying to stop the bedroom door being broken down. She refused to offer compensation for my night of terror or to reimburse me for the next night as I left a night early. My mother contacted Booking.com and they also tried to negotiate with the owner on my behalf. They had no success either but have offered 25 Euros compensation as a gesture of goodwill. I am very grateful for this and the professional way they have responded to my complaint. I am disgusted with the way the owner has responded. She does not appear to be interested in the well being or safety of her guests

Nothing about this hotel would make me want to stay again. The swimming pool was not very clean, the bedroom was airless and the owner was very unhelpful when I complained about my terrifying night time experience.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Mooie ligging, redelijk hotel voor te hoge prijs

Old building, old bathroom, faded glory, poor maintenance, Single room for old lady very small and sober.

The big room with a kind of Loggia, in the centre with parking (E.10 p/day) nice pool,

Excellent value for money

Nothing to dislike

The cleanliness of the the hotel The rooms were exceptionally clean

Basic hotel

Okay, would come again.
    • Standard Single Room

Was a bit noisy but that was because of other guests

Clean and friendly

If visiting Valkenburg stay here!!

no complaints

Friendly staff, great location and nice clean rooms.

staff very nice food very good clean and tidy hotel

nothing to complain about

food great bed comfy clean and tidy

Pleasant but always is due to the company

Advertising with parking, then charging 10 euros a day. This should not be allowed.

Adequate stay
    • Budget Double Room

Uneven floors walking towards room, got dizzy

Breakfast was nice

very basic...
    • Comfort Double Room

in huge need of renovation! very outdated design. breakfast was very basic

great location! near lots of good restaurants

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

central location, quiet

Internet is very poor

central location, quiet

• Reviewed: 24 September 2015

We had decent breakfast

The building was old, looking like a prison from outside. There were some outdoor stairs, looking creepy. Also inside, we felt like we traveled back in time (~20 years). When we arrived, around 12:30 PM, the front door was closed so we had to carry our luggage two more hours around this beautiful town.. There was no hair-dryer in the room; Kind of cold in the huge big bathroom;

We had decent breakfast

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

My husband and I spent 5 nights here, the staff were very...

My husband and I spent 5 nights here, the staff were very nice and welcoming, they upgraded our room for the last three nights as they had vacant rooms. The hotel is very clean and there was a good choice of buffet breakfast, hotel is in good position and we will definetly be returning on our next trip to Holland

• Reviewed: 31 August 2015

central location

central location

There are also 6 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.