Reviews of Hotel De Paris Amsterdam 3 stars

#328 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

6.2

6.1

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Not much bang for your buck in the dam

No coffee, kettle or bottled water in the room. Too expensive for no reason, the bed was not great and kept splitting in half because it was two singles. You can hear the neighbors but that's Amsterdam hotels.

The rain didn't get me.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

The staff were helpfull and understanding when we decided to...

Very small rooms and bathrooms, a bit smelly, old furniture.

The staff were helpfull and understanding when we decided to move out after the first night. However the hotel location was the best and very close to everything you wanna see in Amsterdam.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

it did the job
    • Standard Twin Room

the wifi was down for over 24 hours. the staircase to the rooms downstairs was very narrow

The afternoon reception man was very helpful and friendly and loved the free coffee and hot chocolate. breakfast was very nice.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Tavsiye etmem. I dont advise. Please read the comments I write for all other travellers....
    • Small Double Room

Rooms were too small there is no way to move , bed was also too small and not comfort bed was falling down all the time it was not like a bed but a sponge shaped as a bed, rooms were cleaning everyday but the smell in bathroom was not good and never gone, the hotel is very old they should renew all the building.I still have pain my neck my waist I have never seen such uncomfortable bed in a hotel I do not understand how they get stars... I can never stay again here in such small room with uncomfortable and old bed...

Only location...it is near to Leidseplein and so so to Rijksmuseum also the reception staff were helpfull. Especially the old man was very kind and helpfull.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Great location. Amsterdam everything I expected. Friendly people too always willing to help.
    • Standard Twin Room

Would have liked a room with a view at the front or even a balcony. Tea making facilities, although discovered later this was available in breakfast room.

Location was great, really close for trams and good restaurants and shops. Staff helpful and friendly, always available to give advise. Beds really comfortableGreat selection for breakfast, nice breakfast room.

Good location.
    • Standard Twin Room

Good location. Friendly staff. Good breakfast. Comfortable room, if a little basic, but as we were out and about most of the time th is wasn't a concern.

the service was good.
    • Small Double Room

the room was very small. there were shelves. the bathroom was so tiny that the toilet was at the entrence of the shower and the shower was giving you cold or burning water.

the service was good. the breakfast was great. the room was cleaned nicely.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Location was great.
    • Standard Twin Room

Pillows were a bit high. Gave my neck problems. The mattress was a bit too soft.

Location was great. The staff especially the front desk were always friendly and helpfull. Cleaning staff were great and accommodating.

Lovely staff, very helpful and friendly.
    • Small Double Room

We had to make a complaint about our room as it was not clean when we arrived and there was a really bad smell coming from the bathroom that filled the whole room, thankfully the staff were very kind and changed our room as soon as we made them aware of this issue, it still put a negative start to our holiday though and we didn't find that the stay was worth the price, breakfast was okay, quite basic.

Lovely staff, very helpful and friendly. Comfortable beds and 24 hour reception was ideal.

Comfortable and found all staff to be very helpful
    • Standard Twin Room

Like the stay nothing to complain about

Found the hotel manager to be very helpful and friendly the room was very good and quiet ,breakfast was very good and would stay there again ,but hotel could be updated .very good location .

The location was great and some of the staff was really nice.

It was so small and smelly. I felt so dirty the whole time I was in there. Whenever someone talked down the hall or someone’s alarm went off, I could hear it. At night, there’s a bar right outside the hotel and it was too loud to sleep. My window needed to be open because the room was so hot and smelly... Not to mention the “Hotel” light up sign was right outside my window. The bathroom was dysfunctional and the lights were too dim. In order to get dressed I had to step out of the bathroom, but the window had to be open for light. I woke up with bites all over me and asked a receptionist to come up to my room for bedbugs. He looked at me like I was crazy and seemed annoyed at the idea... I didn’t care. I wanted to be safe. There were none, but he could have been nicer about it. I’m sorry, but this hotel was not worth the money and I would not stay here again.

The location was great and some of the staff was really nice.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Would recommend. Spacious rooms

Would have liked tea and coffee facilities but wouldn’t put me off visiting again or recommending it to other visitors

Very helpful man greeting on reception who gave us a map and drew on it showing exactly where we were and where we wanted to go. Great location maybe that’s why it cost €157

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Amsterdam for Pride Parade

The only problem we had was there was no AC (but they did provide a fan in the room), there was no refrigerator, and the view from the room was what looked like an abandoned alley. I would recommend this hotel but just a different room.

The room was nice and clean. The bed was comfortable. the shower had god pressure. Close to restaurants and bars. Had a great time exploring and having fun and only a short walk back to the room at the end of the night. Had a great price for short notice during Pride Parade.

Well located, great coffee, bit expensive.

It is a bit expensive for what it is. It is small and crowded.

The hotel is very well located, close to restaurants and museums. It has a great coffee/tea machine for free. Beds are very comfortable. The WiFi works pretty well.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

The beds where absolutely terrible.

The beds where absolutely terrible. Mine was a super soft sofa type bed with a wooden board between layers to firm it up. Our room and our friends room had used bed linin scrunched up in the cupboards. After several stays in hotels in Germany and Holland this was by far the most expensive and worst accommodation.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Nice little hotel close enough to everything

Because they don't have air con in the room. And it was the height of summer. The room was like an oven at times. We had the fan on. But we couldn't have the window open over night as people in a bar nearby were smoking weed and the smell was drifting in through the window. If they had air con that wouldn't have happened. And the fan just wasn't enough to cool the room down.

The location was excellent. Really close to a big square full of bars and restaurants. And also within walking distance to most attractions. But also not far from the tram stations if you don't like walking. The staff were friendly. The breakfast was lovely. And the bed (although very hot) was one of the comfiest beds we've ever slept on.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

In a fantastic city

Not fit for human habitation, never mind 3 stars. Bedbugs everywhere! Eaten alive and covered in sores and blisters. Room horrendous: extremely hot, tiny (even for a single room), noisy, walls paper thin. Don’t stay here! Get this off your site, Booking.com! Awful.

In a fantastic city

I cherish my exposure to Amsterdam, it's suburbs, and its coffee, in 3 days.

The room was very small. The sink is in the sleeping area; thus, when using it water will spill onto floor. The bed was small and uneven in firmness.

The location is quiet. Staff very pleasant.

The personnel is very nice and helpful
    • Small Double Room

The room was tiny and extremely hot, the bed too small for two and very uncomfortable, too expensive for what it is. The pillows were too high and it was super noisy, we could hear the doors slamming and the people in the other rooms. Then there was something odd with the check in because even if the room was already paid they wanted to see the credit card and because I didn’t have it they wanted to do refund to that card and charge again.

The personnel is very nice and helpful

A place to rest your head
    • Quadruple Room

It stated that the room we booked came with a patio, it did not. There was no kettle in the room but there was a coffee machine downstairs. The room was so hot and there was no air conditioning so we had to leave the window open all night and woke up to mosquito bites the following morning. The walls are paper thin you can hear all of the guests slamming their doors and coming and going. You need to leave your room key with reception when you leave the hotel to go out for the day and then pick it up when you get back, this would be fine if they took some sort of proof of ID but when we returned we gave our door number to a different receptionist who just handed over the key (we could have been anyone). There was rolled up tissue under the bed from previous guests and the shower hadn't been cleaned properly. Booking.com stated in my payment email (receipt) that city tax was included in the full amount I paid but the hotel insisted this hadn't been paid so I had to pay again. Overall it was in a very good location but it was more like a hostel than a hotel, but at least their was a private bathroom. Not worth the money.

The beds were comfortable, there were a good amount of towels and mini bottles of shampoo and shower gel.

Great but could be better
    • Small Double Room

Room was quite small and the walls are so thin. You can hear everything. There was a very limited range for breakfast.

The location was fantastic and the staff were so helpful. Both of these outweigh the negatives as we did not spend a lot of time in the hotel anyway.

Avoid room 9!
    • Small Double Room

Everything else! Room 9 which is on the same level as reception/ dining room is very noisy. You can hear the hotel bell, reception staff talking, reception phone, guest coming in and out of hotel, house keeping, people eating in the dining room .. my point is you can pretty much hear a pin drop in the room! Stayed 2 nights and on second night at 1:30 am i had to get up and ask the hotel receptionist to be quiet. I also had to ask house keeping to lower there voices at 7 am that same morning. No consideration for the rooms around them and there paper thin walls

Fan in the room. Security(bell to get in), hairdryer good.

Citytrip
    • Small Double Room

My room was very small, I wouldn't call it a double room althought it was one. The bed was more a single bed than a doublebed. Isolation is not so good so you can easily hear everything from the other rooms. The chinese ladies at breakfast room talked everyday very loud together. On two days I went at 9h to breakfast and half of it was empty (no cheese, no ham and no scrambled eggs anymore) but the ladies just ignored it and continued to talk (very loud) and eat their breakfast and did not care about.

Reception guys were very nice and friendly and helpfull. They talked to you and asked about your mood and giving you the feeling of being welcome. Nice guys! The room was very clean every day. The hotel is located only 3min by foot from Leidseplein.

Freindly and amazing
    • Small Double Room

Breakfast could have more choice

After just staying one day all off the door staff knew exactly who we were and when we walked in they were always pleasant and asked how we was and how the day was going etc. The room we were in was extremely nice and small (Ordered small room) The bed was comfortable.

Quite expensive tiered would not stay for more than 1 night
    • Standard Twin Room

No a/c no tea coffee making facilities in room cramped toilet and lots of noise from street it a budget!! Hotel for about £175 per night good 20 min walk away from central Amsterdam !

bed were quite comfortable even though we had twin no doubles available!

Seriously overpriced, down at the heels, sewage smell, not a good value, should be a two-star hotel

The wardrobe opened the wrong way, and was narrow so really couldn't be used as you had to squeeze between the open door and wall...should have opened toward the wall instead of into the room from the wall. The toilet smelled like nasty sewage, which I experienced one other time in Sofia and was told then that it was sewer back-up from the street. I have no idea what this was but the front desk clerk seemed surprised that it was like that my whole two-night stay. It was unbearable in the bathroom and I had to keep the door closed. The second night when I got back to the room after dinner and opened the door and turned on the light, two smallish cockroaches scurried around in the entryway. I killed them both but was disgusted and left the remains as evidence. Again the front desk clerk was shocked and apologetic and said they had never had that happen before, which seems impossible as the hotel in general was extremely old and not that hygienic. He offered me breakfast on them, but I was leaving to catch my plane and didn't have time. The hotel was extremely overpriced, 180 Euro per night for what should be a two-star, not a three-star hotel and much more expensive than comparable hotels in the area. It was one of few remaining hotels with availability when I booked just ten days prior, and now I know why. It was cute and I slept well, but there are many other better hotels within a few block radius and I will stay in one of them next time.

The room was absolutely tiny, the size of a large walk-in closet, but it was well laid out (except the wardrobe opened to the wrong side, unforgivable), and the bed was very comfortable for a single. It was actually cute the way the bed fit perfectly against the window and took up the entire width of the room, like a built-in window seat bed. There was no air conditioning and I can't sleep when it's warm, so I was very happy that there was a small desk fan and the window opened even though I was on the street-side and people were out till 3am; I sleep better with a little street noise. The bathroom was even tinier but again was well laid out with the toilet next to the shower. The sink was in the bedroom and had all the amenities I needed. The location was outstanding, quiet but a short tram ride to the busy center. I rode a bike and locked it to a light pole out front and it was fine.

Decent value for money
    • Standard Twin Room

Room was about 50 degrees during the day, No air con, only a fan which blew hot air at you, room was on 4th floor when I said I was said I wanted ground floor

The bed was comfy

It’s really beautiful and cozy.

It’s really beautiful and cozy. The staff is really nice and the hotel is clean. Walking distance to main areas to see,but far enough from the noise. We wish we could’ve stayed more time.

Good breakfast and location but very small room
    • Small Double Room

The behaviour of hotel cleaning stuff as they entered the room without knocking and was arguing with us on this act. Room size was very small , when we were promised 150 cm bed but got 100 cm or less.

Location is good and it was clean. Good break fast.

Paris in Amsterdam
    • Standard Twin Room

hotel needs a revamp. seems you went in a time warp. no tea or coffee in rooms. carpet in hallway needs to be changed.

location was good. near shops, cafe, attractions and trams. The beds were very comfortable.

Only one night, but quite enjoyable. Noisy at night because of the pub over the road.

The steps at the entrance.

The staff were very helpful with directions. The entrance did have some steps which made it a little difficult to get luggage in.

Summary of stay: Fairly good.

When you look through the window, you can practically see it in another room (at least it was in my room). The shower did not work best (or too hot or too cold).

Location is good, also mobility options.

Great place to visit but the room was very small. Fortunately the weather was great so we didn't t
    • Small Double Room

The room was very small and had no air conditioning

Fantastic location closest to some very nice parts of town and very easy to get to from the airport

Great central location, walking distance to all sites.

Its on a busy road, but our room was at the back so wasnt an issue to me.

Room 20, biggish room with nice size bathroom. Breakfast good selection of food. Good location.

Good for a safe and fair shelter for one nght in Amsterdam, but would not recommend it for vacation.

Almost impossible to sleep due to the noise from other guests all night, but that can have been just bad luck. The rooms were very small, and could have been cleaner.. No AC, but they did offer a fan.

Good location. The shower and the breakfast was ok, and friendly personel.

Very happy with Hotel de Paris.
    • Small Double Room

Last minute booking due to late berthing of ferry. Delighted to get good accommodation close to centre and with plenty of restaurants five minutes' walk away. Small room but comfortable and breakfast was excellent.

Good breakfest, good location near everything but out of the...
    • Small Double Room

Room was and bed were very small, only just enough space for two people.

Good breakfest, good location near everything but out of the worst tourist streets.

Rooms are a bit small for one person.

Rooms are a bit small for one person. The only think that concerned me was the fact that the staff did not wear gloves when handling the muffins and breads. They would move them with their hands from one container to another which seemed a bit unsanitary.

Medium Hotel at a great location
    • Small Double Room

Noisy staircase, lobby and other common areas run down and outdated. Lethal shower control, cold or blazing hot. Beds are small singles pushed together. They seperate at whatever move you make.

Location close to Leidsesquare , vondelpark and the museums is great. Clean rooms.

Overall fair/good - close to bars and tram to centre. A little overpriced but I would stay again.
    • Small Double Room

Booked a small double room but was more like a single size with a small double bed squeezed in. There were no tea or coffee facilities available as advertised.

Friendly and helpfull staff. The room and bedding was clean and the bed was comfortable. Room was cleaned daily.

Won’t be going back there
    • Small Double Room

Dated rooms Small room is not small it’s tiny Bed not big enough for 2 adults Very cramped Bathroom smells of sewers

Didn’t like anything about the hotel only saving grace was the staff where polite and tried to be helpful

The staff are friendly

There was no hot drink facilities available after 10:30am the machines get turned off. They provide a vending machine for snacks all day so would be nice if they provided a hot drink vending machine. And the room's are big enough for them to provide a kettle to each room but thet dont so would be nice for either.

The staff are friendly

Surprisingly good place to stay.
    • Small Double Room

The only thing was the price, the room was very small.. Last time i booked a bigger place close tor the center, but the truth is.. We needed to book in advance.

The location was great. And our room was cleaned everyday always when we've been away. We had everything we needed. We even got tea at the hotel late at night when we really needed it.

Cramped and dirty
    • Small Double Room

Hotel does not look like it does in pictures no breakfast just scrambled egg and toast beds were 2 single beds pushed together And the room was very very small, needed to be a mountain climber to climb the steps hotel is defintley not value for money as we could have stayed in a far better hotel for the money

Do not recommend it
    • Small Double Room

It was supposed to be for 2 people. Barely fits one person. No plugs in bathroom and only 1 plug in room altogether. Hard to navigate in the room. And it was so loud!

Location only. Service was good also.

100% be back. Amazing location.
    • Small Double Room

The only complaint i can find is the the pillows on the bed were crap. Hardly even an issue.

The location is amazing. Staff very helpful. Central for bars, cafes, trams, shopping, museums.

Don’t waste your money.
    • Small Double Room

The hotel was very dirty, the carpets have an extreme amount of stains on them. The stair case to go down the stairs is almost impossible to navigate, especially if you’re carrying luggage, because it is so narrow (and there’s no elevator to bring you down). The door handle pulled out from the door as I tried to open my room. Also, I didn’t feel very safe, there seems like there is a backyard next to the rooms, and after I woke up from a nap, I found someone peaking in my room. The bathroom had so much dust, and dirt. And the room it’s self is extremely outdated, dirty and falling apart. I tried to use the room phone to call reception for WiFi, that also didn’t work.

The Coffeeshop next to the hotel was nice.

Not good value for money

The mattresses were awful and the room was in a basement where noise from passengers, the tram and the breakfast room above was very clear.

Polite personnel. Could leave our luggage after check-out to roam around the city a bit more. It was clean.

Great location and great hotel
    • Small Double Room

I would have rathered to have paid the property upon arrival instead of paying at the end of my trip when checking out. Money was taken from my account or as they said ‘frozen’ for the duration of my trip, it would have been easier to have paid at the start when checking in, I think the property should review this payment policy.

Excellent time in Amsterdam.Fab location but feel lucky to be alive after falling down the stairs.

The decor is dated but it was perfectly fine for sleeping in (which is essentially all we did as we were out most of the time. The stairs in this hotel are a health hazard. I had had no alcohol or anything illegal but on our first night, I fell backwards from the top of the stairs to the bottom (12 stairs). I banged my head and hurt my arms and bottom badly despite wearing three layers of clothes and a ski jacket. I fell so hard that I forced the mag lock open and the door came open at the bottom. The man on duty came to see if i was ok and i was helped up by a nurse who was in the hotel and my friends. I was very shaken and in shock. I asked that this be recorded in the accident book and he said he would and that he would inform the manager. The next morning, the bruising had begin to come out and I was very sore. I asked at reception if this incident hadn't been recorded and he said they didn't have an accident book to record it in. He said he would add a note onto my computer record and inform the manager. When we checked out I asked a different man who was on duty, who told me there was nothing in my notes. He said he would add it on and he would ask the manager to contact me on my return to England. I still haven't heard anything from the manager. I had to go to casualty on my return to England and get my head checked due to severe headaches after the accident and it took three weeks for my coccis to stop hurting when I exercise. I am disappointed the manager didn't contact me. The banister just needs moving to the other side of the stair case or an additional one putting on the opposite wall as well as the existing one. The stairs are very steep but so are most of the staircases we went down in Holland. It was because the spiral stairs had the banister on the wrong side, so whilst holding it to ensure you didn't fall, the stairs actually disappear.

The Manager was very friendly on arrival and had got us two double rooms as I requested (I rang up to see if this was possible) even though we only had a double and a twin booked. Great location, just a few minutes walk form the main square and vondel park and other museums. The room was good, it was quite apart from a Chinese family on the morning shouting to one another. The shower was great. We didn't have breakfast but tea and coffee was always available in the dining room. The location was fab!

very enjoyable

Staff very helpful, hotel room cleaned daily, bonus was that we were able to leave our luggage at the hotel before check-in and also as we had a night flight home after we checked out at 12.00 again we could leave our luggage until later that day. Would stay again at this hotel.

Just wonderful and over my expectations.

Location is well places close to everything in the city and there are many restaurants around and few minutes of walk to museums. The place feel very safe and the staff are wonderful. The room I couldn't be more happy about it for the price I paid.

Absolutely wonderful people!
    • Small Double Room

Mattress kept slipping off the bed and the room was a smidge small - but nothing major!

Breakfast was great, shower was powerful and hot. Staff were absolutely wonderful - so friendly and helpful

Great stay, great location and hepfull staff

bathroom a bit small and mattress too soft

Staff was super warm and helpful, they looked after my suitcase the day after my stay, the wifi was working well, there was a sink in the simple room, check-in at 12 was great, awesome location right in the city centre

must stay
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast could have done with a few more options but everything that was provided was fresh, tasty and plentiful. A jug of drinking water was provided but it could have been colder. If you have an allergies I also suggest you put this into a request as they didnt have anything to accommodate lactose intolerance, but i am more than sure that they would have accommodated if i had asked.

We've been to Amsterdam three times and this was the best hotel we've stayed in. The staff were amazing. The hotel was extremely secure, you could'nt go upstairs without reception opening the door for you. The location was in a quite area but a short walk to resturaunts and shops and a tram stop less than a minute walk away, although we walked everywhere so wasnt needed. Rooms were super spacious. We were put in a room downstairs for the first night and was then given the option to move upstairs beside our friends for the remainder of our stay. The first room, room 5 had a very small shower so if your a large person it isnt ideal. But the second room, room 16 had a bigger better shower, so if that would be a problem for you i suggest you put that into your requests when booking.

I didn't get any sleep

It was incredibly loud in my room (first floor), I guess the walls are super thin and they don't enforce a quiet/etiquette code as I could hear guests practically screaming from 7am onwards on the Saturday morning I stayed. Also the staff weren't at all friendly when I arrived, but the other ones I saw were nicer.

The location was great.
    • Small Double Room

When we checked in we got told that free breakfast ran until 10:30 but when we went down at 09:55, we were rudely told we had missed it. We explained we had been told 10:30 and the member of staff was extremely rude and unpleasant towards us. Room is tiny.

The location was great. Relatively cheap in comparison to other accommodation in Amsterdam (we booked last minute). Facilities were adequate.

It was very enjoyable!

There could have been a wider variety of food for breakfast, the pillows were too big and the stairs were very steep, however the lift was present and resolved the last point.

The location to the square was perfect, the bed was comfortable and the walk in shower was very good.

Disappointed
    • Small Double Room

It was very dirty, the bedroom was very small and didn’t have a double bed in it. It had no heating and the windows didn’t close, it had no lights in the bedroom

The reception staff were very nice.

Staff was so welcoming, helpful, and super lovely!
    • Small Double Room

Staff was so welcoming, helpful, and super lovely! The Hotel is at a great location; walking distance to the sightseeing places. Great coffee shops nearby, I definitely recommend The dolphin cafe which is 10 min walk from the hotel.

We loved the location

The lift and corridors to small!

We enjoyed our stay Everyone very friendly When we arrived we thought the Hotel wasn’t good at all After the check in we completely changed our opinion our room was very clean and pleasant Everyone friendly Enjoyed the breakfast too 🙂🙂🙂

Everything was bad.
    • Standard Twin Room

Everything was bad. The water runs very slow in the shower, the temperature jumps from hot to cold each second. In addition the floor was dirty. We asked to change the room, they moved us to a room (ready for check-in). However the toilet seat was too dirty with a pee stain and hair on it. We asked to talk to the manager and the receptionist said that he wouldn’t call him for such a thing ( as if it was a silly mistake).

No sleep gotten during the trip
    • Small Double Room

The room was advertised as a small double. It was tiny and would have suited one person only better! Not really enough room for 2. It was also two single beds beside each other which wasn’t too comfortable. Walls were paper thin felt like next door were in the room with us!

Location wasn’t to bad and staff were nice

You are not în Amsterdam for the room, so it’s an ok place for an affordable price, nothing great.
    • Small Double Room

It’s an old place, small and crowded and you can hear through the walls but I guess that is to be expected în Amsterdam for the price.

Fairly affordable, friendly staff, nicely located, decent place for the price.

Brilliant hotel and amazing value for money
    • Small Double Room

Got a single bedroom when we asked for a double however we booked on the day so we were just happy to get a room!

Really great hotel. Changed to this one last minute after getting a disaster hotel and for €10 more it is brilliant. Lovely bedrooms, great bathroom and enjoyable breakfast. Absolutely fantastic value for money and will definitely stay again.

Excellent location, v comfortable beds and a excellent value for a busy weekend of tourism!
    • Standard Twin Room

would have preferred a room upstairs as we were in the basement and the stairs to get down there were treacherous! I would not have liked to try that with anything other than hand luggage!

Beds where extremely comfortable and whilst you are in walking distance from a number of bars/pubs, there was no noise disturbance. V good continental breakfast available too, cant beat Scrambled eggs & cheese!!

Guys in the reception was really very nice and helpfull.

Tight room, there was a very uncomfortable smell from bathroom all the time, holes in the bed materace. No place (shelves) for clothes - only hangers for jackets.

Guys in the reception was really very nice and helpfull. Breakfast quite good, fresh vegetables and fruits. Great location, close to the city center, everywhere you can walk. No need to take a cab.

• Small Double Room

Was not at all a good choice.. size of the room was big issue , service was not good , location was not good... overall not value for money.. will not recommend at all

It was a nice stay within expactations

The room was somewhat small, but it was expected. Also, walls are pretty thin, we could hear the conversation in the next room. Elevator was a bit scary, take the stairs if you have claustrophobia. You have to ring the doorbell to get in, which was different for me.

The staff was quite welcoming and helpful, even though for some reason my credit card didn't work. Other than that, the location of the hotel was great! Rooms weren't so big, but that could be understood easily from the photos and other comments

OK , bearable - but wouldn't return.

The staff are very serious and at times rude. We didn't have a warm welcome at all very serious and didn't even acknowledge us straight away even though he knew we were standing there. I also wish we hadn't paid extra for breakfast as it wasn't nice at all. I stayed in a hotel opposite last time I went and I wished I'd just stuck to what I knew and chose that one!

The bed was probably the best part of the hotel overall it was very comfortable. The room was very very basic unfortunately - not even a phone or tea and coffee making facilities.

Great location but very modest hotel
    • Small Double Room

The room was extremely small, as in it barely fit a small double bed and left only a 1m corridor for us to move in. The hotel was extremely loud, partly due to some guests who were obviously having a party holiday in Amsterdam and were hanging out in their bedrooms being very loud and slamming doors. Also because there was construction next door that started at 9am very loudly, and the cleaners appeared to be moving furniture around the rooms loudly from early in the morning as well.

The hotel was extremely well located, and that was really it's major asset. The bed was comfortable and the facilities fairly new. It looked clean.

No hair dyer for misses.

No hair dyer for misses. No fridge in room. Walls are thin and doors even thinner you can hear next door fart lol. Floors all creek everywhere. Poor lighting and dark colours. Free fresh juice machine broke.

Overall was good as it was only a place to sleep

Very very tiny room which wasnt mentioned on the website. However as i was only sleeping in it it didnt really matter.

Hospitality was second to none, great friendly welcome

Great location, thin walls.
    • Small Double Room

I could hear most things that were happening in the other rooms on my floor. The walls were very thin and I could hear people arriving loudly late at night and the rooms surrounding me talking.

The staff were nice, and it was very close to restaurants and museums

Been before. Love the hotel. Will be back again.

The only problem I had was the position of our room. We were on the ground floor, just down the corridor of the main reception. It could get quite noisy at night.

Location was just close enough to the city centre. The staff were very friendly and accommodating.

Browse Hotel De Paris Amsterdam traveller photo gallery