Reviews of Princess Hostel Leidse Square

4.5

4.7

5.9

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

You need to bring your own lock, the traveler's ones (small padlocks) could not fixed on it properly. The staff wasn’t very nice. The kitchen space are very poor rather no space for more than two people. The rooms are noisy as they are facing the a main street. In general the facilities are very very veryyy poor

Nothin

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I would have to be very picky, so nothing :)

The location is nice, it's out of the madness. Check-in was easy, the guys were super nice. We were out all day and came back to sleep, The room was comfy (a bit small) and the shower was great. Great for somewhere simple to stay close to so much

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

We woke up to a mouse in our room in the middle of the night, staff changed our room for that night. I won't stay in there again.

Staff was trying to help us as much as he can.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Very cramped, no AC or free towels. Bathrooms and showers are always occupied and underequipped. Our room had no furniture at all.

Good location, walking distance to most downtown things and the museum quarter. Our room had a small balcony as well. Staff let us store our stuff in the day time after checkout.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Noise, dirt, small space.

Perfectly positioned. Very basic accomodation not too clean and very noisy from being on the main road. Altogether quite affordable and good if you re not asking for much and are tolerant and flexible. Staff fabulous and friendly.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Extra dirty place.. Reception,room and bath... everything! My bed was in room 102 on the 2nd floor. (Reception is on the 1st floor) I could use internet only at the Reception?! The room was too far... I survived one night :)

• Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The price and location were great. The accommodations themselves fall somewhere between "charmingly funky" and "Third World hovel." Bunk bed was comfortable enough and linens were very nice; I appreciated having a sink in my (tiny) room. But the common areas were crowded, messy/unclean, and the toilet on my floor was broken. Super steep staircase not for the faint of heart. Still, a great bargain if you're feeling intrepid!

• Twin Room - Shared Facilities

Absolutely expensive, just one shower working The room so dirty, 2 times 2 differents persons from the personal, just open the door to my room at the same time I been inside “just to check we not smoking “ first day I paid 10€ for an universal adaptor to charge my phone. To keep my bags there after check out, 10€ per bag.

• Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Room was quite dirty, and the toilet on my floor was broken. Not nearly enough toilets for all the guests. Kitchen extremely poorly equipped. Charged for leaving bags after check out.

Beds reasonably comfortable, nice staff.

• Twin Room - Shared Facilities

Hugely overpriced and with no working toilet on our floor or the one above. I found a used tampon in the shower... I'm still traumatised! The rooms are poky, dingy and depressing.

The staff were lovely and very helpful and the location was pretty great.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

all around bad experience. i know it was on the cheaper side of things but i mean....the facilities were bad. bathrooms were nasty. smelled. no toilet paper. paper and other garbage on the floor. a woman got stuck in one of the toilet stalls. i just so happened to hear her yelling and was able to help her get out. holes in the wall in room. insufficient lighting, outlets. just grungy and dingy. i've paid for cheap hostels before but they were still pretty decent. was very disappointed :(

nothing. lol

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The stair case is extremely dangerous. Any tourist with moderate luggage will be in mortal danger while going up (No escalator) and down. Each floor has about 40 people who share 1 toilet which is extremely small and terribly maintained. 4 beds in a 12/12 room with no space inside the room even to stand. A small fire accident can leave few dead people people from a stampede on the staircase alone. Not sure how the city regulations allowed such a place. Electrical outlets are few and awkwardly positioned. Poor ventilation in the rooms which makes them smelly.

The only good thing is its location

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

There is only one charger port and it was not near to the bed. But enough for everyone to charge at the same time. Some of the showers were clogged.

The staff are really friendly and super nice! Reception only open at a certain time but he opened for us earlier and helped us to print out our tickets for some travel documents.

• Twin Room - Shared Facilities

It was a dirty, bad smelling place. I can't believe they charge as much as a hotel for a far worse room or bed. The room was untidy, dusty and stinky. We had to leave the very next day although we booked three nights in advance.

Good location but I would never ever book this place again.

• Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Place was a bit dirty.. and they charge 5€ for luggage storage.. anyways I dont think the hostel was that bad what people have been writing.. maybe its not the best hostel but it was okay for me.

Location and the staff

• Twin Room - Shared Facilities

This is the worst hostel I've ever seen. Despite the charming and funny staff the facilities and standard is under all critique. Filthy, broken and no AC. Dirty sheets and flooded drains. We also paid almost 400 euros for a tiny double room in the attic for two nights. Expected a lot more for that kind of price.

The hostel was close to the tram station and the young staff was cheerful and witty.

• Twin Room - Shared Facilities

Absolutely pathetic service. A guy high on weed was lying on the floor in front of the reception desk when I entered. The room was on 3rd floor and the stairs are so small that its too easy to trip. The neighbours were extremely noisy. The bathroom floor was filled with dirty water and wasn't cleaned properly even after mentioning it at reception. The WiFi didn't work for almost 2 days of my stay. It was a bad experience..

Good location for the money

• Twin Room - Shared Facilities

I dont really like the dirty toilet but since its a sharing toilet so nothing much to complain about.

I like the location which is close to the town and really worth to pay

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Room 17 - Hot but very noisy if window is opened for fresh air. Beds are visible from street level if curtain is drawn open.Lopsided sink. Other than the top locker, the rest do not secure as there is no catch. Even if you put a lock on it and still remain openable. Only one bathroom on this floor. Room 302 - cold water from it stinks so cannot brush my teeth using it. Only one half of a curtain provided for street-facing big window and none on big side window. Nothing is made for traveller's comfort. After 2 days of complaint by fellow travellers that though WiFi signal is excellent, we have no access to it. Travellers have to Google for reason why it is so, and show Reception to rectify WiFi access for us to use. The impression given to travellers is... no use complaining about the amenities. You either bear with them or you can leave and go elsewhere. And there is absolutely no question of refund!

Public transport easily accessible to places of interest

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Terrible, my room looked like a prison cell, staff was always inside my room without asking to access a door outside to go for a smoke, could not take a shower because the water would not to go through the sewage. Everything looked super dirty and my roommates were smoking weed and other drugs in my room and even though i told this in reception nothing was done. Was told i could use the kitchen, neither the sink nor stove were working... there was no common room for people in the hostel and my room was so close to the reception and entrance that i could hear the conversation between staff and guests... never been in such bad place.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The room was really dirty also the bathroom. It seems like they just take the money and don't put anything in the rooms. We had a 4 bedroom and the sink in the room was full of hairs and beard stubble even if we were the first people in the morning after the "cleaning". The toilets in the floor were broken and didn't seem that somebody clean them often. It's ok if you do not pay a lot but this for more than 160€ per night for two people in a 4 bedroom....

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Bathrooms. And they don't have social areas. If you want to drink coffe you need to pay for that and drink stand up.

Hostel is so small and the bathrooms are disgusting.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Nothing, I was in a small room with 11 more people and we were around 20 people at the same floor just with one shower and one toilet all together.

Just the location

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Locker is too small, cannot put my hand luggage inside. Locking mechanism is weird, requires big padlock to secure it. Only one bathroom (both toilet and shower) for several room, high congestion in the morning. No washing machine or laundry service nearby.

Close the city center, easy to just walk around. Next to tram station and supermarket, very convenient.

• Twin Room - Shared Facilities

Everything that has to do with the room

The room was too small. Thank God we had only 2 hand luggages cause otherwise there was no space for 2 people and 2 luggages

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Toilets and bathroom were all disgusting. 2 toilets and shower in our (first) floor so you could just imagine how dirty it could be. I had to go to the shower of 2nd floor as it tends to get so busy. Two of the showers on the 2nd floor were clogged and last one is (fortunately) unclogged. Expect to shower with really warm to hot water. The knobs were broken that you cant adjust the temperature. Sink inside the bathroom is too tiny. that you would make a mess if you wash your hands, and surely if you wash your face. No electrical sockets near the bed that you feel uneasy charging your phone overnight as someone can just easily leave and take your phone. Lastly, the guy receptionist (Apr 3 morning shift) was flirting with the 2 guests ???? like wtf. Ive never seen such! If they are friends they can do sms or whatsapp lol maybe he was just too friendly? anyways, that was just annoying.

Close to center and tram station. However, Toilets and bathroom were all disgusting. 2 toilets and shower in our (first) floor so you could just imagine how dirty it could be. I had to go to the shower of 2nd floor as it tends to get so busy. Two of the showers on the 2nd floor were clogged and last one is (fortunately) unclogged. Expect to shower with really warm to hot water. The knobs were broken that you cant adjust the temperature.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The lockers in my dorm were not functioning properly, also the WiFi was a bit faulty

Staff was amazing, as soon as we arrived we were welcomed by a very nice gentleman at the front desk who gave some amazing recommendations for the city.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Nothing was cleaned except the sheets. Moldy windowsills, peeling paint on the walls, dust and dirt on every surface, and there is only one bathroom on the first floor for about 24 people to share. Imagine how gross that is, then imagine it worse and that’s what we got.

The sheets seemed clean

• Twin Room - Shared Facilities

the decoration in the room should be more universal and nature looking

the location is near and easily reachable to the tram stations,supermarket,restaurants and to several tourists attraction centres. suitable for low-budget tourist.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

First of all no one came in to change our sheets the whole trip (5 day trip). The room was filthy when we arrived , as if no one had cleaned it in days. The sheets were stained and the hostel stank of smoke. When we arrived the room was filled with joint ends and fag ends , EVEN IN THE BED. The upstairs toilet is far too small. We had a problem with a taxi driver taking one of my friends wallet and phone and he came back to the hostel the next day to which the hostel workers just let him in whilst we was sleeping. Don’t look under the bed , came home to find our door open one day when we always make sure it’s locked. €6 per towel

Location was good

• Twin Room - Shared Facilities

Cold room. rooms are like graveyard-too small. Bathroom and room was not clean. They do not have anything like kitchen, well they may have one but you can not call it kitchen. Stairs of facility is also a mess. Nothing called cost-effectiveness. I strongly recommend any other facility.

Nothing, literally nothing is good about this property.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The room was really tiny. And half of the curtain was missing. Because of the location, it's a little bit noisy. I didn't mind these at all, but could be annoying for travelers who can only sleep in a quiet and dark room

Location was excellent for the price. This is an okay hostel for one night (especially for 7.5 euros), but wouldn't recommend for a longer stay in Amsterdam

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Cleanliness in general. Toilets and rooms need to be cleaned more often. There were too many beds in one room.

Beds where comfy. Location was excellent.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

This was the worst ever place that I stayed in my life. The dirtiest rooms and toilets and the smallest rooms ever!!!

I didn’ like anything at all!!!!!! No one can prove the opposite about this place!!

• Twin Room - Shared Facilities

Very difficult for people who are travelling with heavy or large suitcases because of the very steep stairs. we were on the top floor. We lost power during our stay, the sink would not drain, a lamp was broken, and the windows would not close completely. You can get a towel for €5. You have to pay a security deposit for the room keys (I never got back). Overall the room was very very small and unkept. One of the worst hostels/hotels I have ever stayed in.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The room had cigerette butts on the floor. A person was smoking in the room. The toilets and showers where not working on my floor. I mentioned this to the staff I barely got a responce. Will never go back.

When I left the place

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Dirtiest place I have ever seen, though I stayed in the cheapest places all over the world. The toilet was dirty, bathroom floor always wet, hairs sticking on the walls, a dirty mob standing in the water on the ground. The room felt more like a cupboard. No window to open, hospital green walls, 50cm from the door into my bed. A big person wouldn't fit in. Thin doors and a lot of noise from people at the reception. The photo showed a nicely decorated room, clean, with space and daylight. I checked out the next day though I booked for 4 nights. Didn't get a refund, yet.

After I complained about the room in the evening, the receptionist offered me another bed in a different room for the next day.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The toilets were filthy both days that I was there and there wasn't even any soap! The hostel reception is very cramped and there is no lounge to wait in either. Staff were friendly and helpful although they were standing outside the front door smoking when I got there which didn't really set high expectations or standards for the hostel. Location is brilliant though as it right near the centre of the city and at these prices it is excellent value for money

• Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The room that I stayed was not being cleaned for the whole period of my stay (9 days) not even being swept; the sheets were never being changed for the same period.

The location and the wi-fi.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The water of the toilet's sink didn't work and the toilet was often locked with nobody inside (???).

The location is very good. The center is walking distance from the hostel.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

You need to fill up seams with oakum in the room; it was a bit chilly.

Very warm and big blanket; friendly and helpful staff; "no smoking in the room" policy.

• Twin Room - Shared Facilities

Everthing. Rooms completely dirty and smelly...bathroom disgusting. Stairs very dangerous to whom travel with handbags.We should had been warning about this.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Even though the sheets were somewhat clean, the state of the room was terrible. It looked like it wasn’t cleaned in months... the lamp had mold, the doors were old and broken and it was super dusty and badly insulated. Also it was very small, there were 2 bunk beds in the room and ours were right in front of the door (30cm between the door and our beds)

It’s well located, close to the center, lots of shops and restaurants near by. Staff was nice.

• Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The thing I hated the most was the smell. Apparently guests are allowed to smoke this stuff which is prohibited in most countries. Another thing that annoyed me was broken WC. I had to go upstairs.

Location was quite convinient. Friendly staff.

• Twin Room - Shared Facilities

Everything about this place couldn't be worse. The rooms are small, smelly, and dirty in general. There's not even enough room to open our luggage. Toilets are small and water overflow from the showers. Would not recommend to anyone.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Toilets are dirty. Our was so small you couldnt possible sit on it, so forget if you have to go number 2. We had to go to another floor to use their toilet. Also there was no water in our toilet. When i complained, the staff said, "hmm, well, use the other floor's toilet". Showers are dirty as fuck, water isnt warm enough because the lever is not functioning properly. There is no place to hang your clothes in there, so throw them on the floor i guess, while u take your cold shower. Ive traveled a lot and stayed in many hostels, out of my overall experience, i rate this hostel 0/10. Do NOT try and save 5 euros per night to agonize yourself like this. Furthermore the kitchen does not exist, almost. there is just a small corner of 0.5 meter square, thats right, 0.5 meter square, you can barely stand there. There is one heating plate. No work station. You can do nothing there. No place to sit and eat. You can just cook someting in 1 pot i guess. And then eat it standing in the dorm, or take it into ur room? so all others can get annoyed from the smell of your food.

Nothing. It was horrible.

• Twin Room - Shared Facilities

This is the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. The hostel was not clean or cleaned once during our stay. The sheets and bedding seemed to be fresh, however the floors were not hoovered and the sinks in the room had obviously not been cleaned since the last guest. In addition all of the shower rooms and toilet rooms were filthy. When you did find a shower and toilet that worked, it was not clean and often full of rubbish and discarded clothes. The lights, locks and taps were often broken. We didn't even risk using the kitchen. I am not exaggerating when I say the rooms, showers, and toilets looked like they had not been cleaned in weeks. But they do strangely empty the bins in your room everyday?! We purchased two twin rooms for three nights. One of the rooms had window was broken with no curtain. After asking the staff if they could fix the window (which they were strangely unaware of) and put in a curtain, they fixed the window however never put in a curtain. The website shows pictures of clean and tidy rooms. But the reality is very different. I have stayed in cheaper hostels that were cleaner and better facilitated. I would strongly advise staying elsewhere.

The hostel is close to town.

• Single Room with Shared Facilities

Everything. . Over priced. Dirty.really filthy dirty. Facilities didn't work properly.poorly fitted electrics and heating. Dangerous stairs and Shower/toilet had no light and was borderline dangerous .staff seemed generally uninterested in my concerns.

The guests.

Nothing, they overcharged it was rife with dirt and the staff were charging extras to already poor people. Its all well and good if your not using the accomadarion and you are high but some people go to Amsterdam to experience the city outside of being a "stoner".

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Toilets and wifi werent working! Shower cold! No chill area! Beds and rooms very bad! No space for anything! A friend had small animals in the bad, whole back was full with stitches! Dont go there! Cant recommend it at all! For baggage room, you have to pay 5 euro...

Location was okay

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Very old beds, friend of me had some small animals in the bed, his whole back was full of stitches. Disgusting! No space in the room, very small rooms, toilets werent working, mostly just cold water in the shower, wifi was super bad! No area to hang out! Dont go there! Cant recommend this one at all! Would give them a review of 1, but unfortunately not possible!

Location was okay

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The people inhabiting my room were, as usual, animals. Snorers who book hostel rooms are a great argument for capital punishment to make a comeback in Europe. And someone straight up took a dump in the shower. I feel for the staff member who had to clean that up. The location was also pretty far from the city centre.

Super comfortable beds, really friendly staff, and overall a nice place to stay. Has a small kitchen if you're a cheapskate and a big selection of fruit and chocolate.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The worst hostel ever. I visited 15 county, more than 30 cities and this one the worstest hostel ever. Floors, toilets, showers was always dirty. There was napkin in room floor and it stays 3 days there. There is securitity problems. A woman who is staying next door. Came our room and stole bed. Wifi doesnt work properly. You cant visit facebook or youtube. There is no common room. You have to eat somethlng in reception desk and kitchen, sink, dishes was always dirty. There is no enough shower and toilet. In our floor there was 1 toilet which is broken and 3 showers which is always dirty.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I have been to many hostels and there are many important things to fix. Toilets out od order or so dirty. Too small, not good working shower sometimes with almost cold water. The worst was wifi and kitchen because we have to go outside to work on laptops or eat sometimes because kitchen is too small to cook and note well equipped. Staff average. No common area and events. All should be written to not have bad reviews.

Good price and location.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Beddings were clean, toilet and shower was alright as well, stuff at the front desk was very friendly. Actually, it is great place to stay for a night or two and rest after sightseeing and partying.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

At the night I stayed, weed's smell was very strong everywhere in the hotel! Cleanness is horrible, not acceptable.

The location is great, the price is great

• Twin Room - Shared Facilities

Zero cleaning people in that hostel don't know what is cleaning, at my check in I've had to ask to vacuum my room 😱Incredible they didn't clean the share bathroom not even one but the dirtiness was there for years and not from 1 week

• Twin Room - Shared Facilities

Fire alarm went off. Had to fix window as it wouldn't close. Wifi was slow. Room was badly laid out. Badly painted and only partially painted.

Bed was actually nice.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Check-in was a little messy, but quick. Bathroom was... awful. One bathroom for a whole floor, even though they said there were more upstairs. But, just one?

The location. Price. Staff.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Quite narrow space, not enough sockets for everyone, small lockers in the room, sheets weren't clean enough, very tiny bathroom and toilet

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Some people do leave a mess when using toilet facilities but always ckeaned to high standard.

Bed very comfortable great staff office and cleaning was great

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Some guests smoke inside the room.

As Asian, I need Asian food, so, I found a nearest Indonesian-Asian food in the neighborhood. It is also walking distance to many tourist destinations.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The Hostel was very old and narrow. The stairs were narrow. The room was super small and packed. The bathroom was destroyed, no controller for hot or cold water. Fungi and cold were everywhere in the bathroom.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Very unpleasant sewage-like smell periodically washed through room (everyone in the room smelled it), insufficient showers/bathrooms for amount of beds/guests, wifi was intermittent.

Excellent location; museums, parks, restaurants, shops and attractions all within easy walking distance.

• Bed in 12-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

1. I two times wrote to this hostel that I will pay by cash but unfortunately they discharged my credit card. 2. in a 24 square meter there was 12 beds!!! It was obvious that almost there were 8 beds but they put 4 extra bed in it. 3. So awful toilet and bathroom that I have never seen in the worst places (in the middle of roads between to cities you can better toilets) and one toilet mixed with bathroom for 36 people, that I preferred to go MC Donald toilet. 4. I preferred to pass my time walking in the street till 3 in the morning and I left there at 7 o'clock and that time no one was in reception . 5. the price at the time I went there (31 Dec.) was nearly 80 Euros for one night . I think I it was 10 Euro it would be good.

Almost nothing but I reach there from schiphol airport easily.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

The place is located 30 minutes walk away from the city center, and only have narrow and steep stairs to reach the welcome desk so not great when you have a suitcase. The place/ room is really small and dirty. There is only one bathroom which smells like mildew with one shower (dirty) and one toilet for the whole floor. There is a washbasin with a mirror in the room but only really small lockers to put your laptop but nowhere to storage your luggage. If you want to let your big suitcase at the reception you need to pay 5€ fees. The wifi is really poor. The walls are really thin so you can hear everything that happened in the rooms around you and isolation is not good. No surprise the price is that cheap after all.

One good thing about this hostel is that the staff is nice, friendly, easy to talk to and ready to help if needed. The reception is 24/7. There is a kitchen (dirty) where you can cook your one meals and borrow plates, cutlery and glass.

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I couldn’t have a shower because all bathrooms were dirty and i stayed with family they were noisy and unclean. Hostel is far away from center.

Cheap price

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Really dirty toilets and room (if you look under your bed it's disgusting) The price may be good but 5 Euros for the luggages deposit it's way too much. Impracticable kitchen with only one fork and one spoon

The Slovakian guy at the reception was really kind and cool The position and price are good

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It wasn't so clean, but in any case, I just needed a bed The showers are coldddd, that wasn't good at all! The Irish guy at the reception, come on it doesn't cost you anything to smile!

It was okay because I had to stay only for one night, the position is good, not so far from the center, and if you don't want to walk there's always the tram! 10 points to the Slovakian guy at the reception! Hope you made your Christmas cakes/biscuits!

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

from the minute i landed i could feel there was something shady about the place, the new night porter couldnt work the system he was stoned or tired, lucky a staff member who was off duty came to the rescue who was drunk, still got the job done. my room was canceled ( i was in a snow storm in belguim) i made email contact with the hostel ( canadian girl replied ) i explained i will be late, all good. i Arive at 2am also with 3 other people not in my party, and they also felt the same, i was also robbed the next morning by an english man staying in my room he took the phone out from under my pillow. just make sure that you get to no people in your room, he was stealing from everybody in the hostel that morning, my phone was found in a plastic bag he was carrying, i had a bad time in this hostel. i wouldnt stay in it again

i liked how the canadian girl who worked there it was her last day and she was super nice and helpfull but was so happy to get the hell out of working there,

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Very dirty! Veeeeryyyy!! Disgusting! No small light In the room, had always use general light in the room (when someone sleeps it’s annoying) No hot water in the shower! No light in the toilet! Smells cigared everywhere!

• Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Toilets r dirty af and small af and even me 45kg can’t get in . And 2 Indians in the room r smelly af and another one cough all nite and put the music aloud and eat food all nite and snore aloud. No living room and any space to sit . Heath is broken and noisy and cold af

• Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

Toilet. Toilet. Toilet. Poorly managed toilet. Not a princess or queen’s cleanliness level. Had to go downstairs or other level to find a clean one.

The room. Quite big for 2 persons. Got wash basin inside. My room got a nice view of the streets and rooftop of adjacent buildings.

• Single Bed in Female Dormitory Room

The room was dirty as well as toilets. On my floor there was no water in the toilet during all my stay, had to go downstairs.

I liked the staff, they were friendly and helpful. There was a mini kitchen which may save money. Pillows and covers were new and clean.

• Single Room with Shared Facilities

I booked a single room in this hotel. It was relatively cheap for Amsterdam, so I didn't expect much but a bit more comfort would have been nice. The curtain on the window lacked some roller hooks so the curtain didn't fully cover the window which was annoying because of the street lights shining in on the room. It was on the third floor and had a shared bathroom at the end of the corridor. The bathroom wasn't very clean and there were people constantly going in and out of it and banging doors in the hallway. It's basically a hostel with people coming and going at all hours of the night and rather noisy. Reception closes at 11 pm and opens at 8 in the morning, so you can't get back your deposit for the room card (1 Euro) if you have to leave before 8 am. Wifi was unreliable and didn't work half the time.

The location is about 2.5 km from the station and it's close to the Leidseplein and musuem quarter which is the hotel's biggest selling point. Compared to other places, the price is quite reasonable but don't expect much in terms of comfort. The person in the reception was helpful but the reception closes after 11 pm and doesn't open until 8 am.

Browse Princess Hostel Leidse Square traveller photo gallery