Reviews of Quentin England Hotel 2 stars

6.2

5.5

5.6

5.7

The worst hotel I have ever stayed in (and last year I stayed in over 200 hotels).
    • Budget Double Room

I know I booked a “budget” room, but I have stayed in “budget” accommodation before (even in Amsterdam) but nothing comes close to how horrendous this hotel is. The room was so hot that I couldn’t possibly sleep. The noisy fan had to be turned up to maximum but still did nothing to ease the situation (especially as it cannot be pointed in a useful direction). I went to reception at 2:30am to change rooms as I simply could not sleep, but nothing was available. I would have paid to get out of that room, I even considered going to sleep in the park. As there were no rooms free I had no choice so endured a sleepless night. I even had a bug crawl on me at some point, which was most unpleasant. The toilet was filthy, the bathroom smelled really bad, there was no shower curtain (so everything got soaked), there was no soap, the towels were old and stained and the sound of banging from other rooms was unbearable. As a decent human being I genuinely would not allow people to stay in that hotel, it’s not fair. I complained directly to the hotel, but they just ignore me, even being given the direct email address of someone called Malon who worked on reception (she has also ignored me). STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!

Absolutely nothing. It was literally the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, and in 2017 I stayed in over 200 hotels. The hotel has not even had the courtesy to respond to emails following my stay. This place should be knocked down and replaced by something that deserves being in a nice neighbourhood.

Definitely worth the money, avoid..
    • Budget Single Room

Perfect rooms if you are less then 1,60m high, like the feel of submarines and bad air. Oh and there was a nice loud engine sound all the night. Definitely worth the money, avoid..

Staff was ok

My room overlooked a courtyard that was used primarily by...

My room overlooked a courtyard that was used primarily by employees for smoking and hotel guests for partying. Could not open windows, and even with windows closed the smoke and noise were annoyingly pervasive. Breakfast was very poorly managed. There were no coffee cups or napkins available, had to ask for a glass for orange juice, none of the tables had been cleared so there were few places to sit, and food choices were very limited and not the best quality.

Nice city to visit but but be careful with “killing bicycles” 🤨 if you are a pedestrian
    • Standard Triple Room

We were not informed before booking that the hotel was under renovation on the floor where our room was. Also very dirty room due to the work without daily cleaning service.

Excellent location ina very quiet street but at the same time very well connected to to the center and airport schipol

Regular hotel and not very friendly staff
    • Standard Twin Room

I'm not a very exigent traveler, but some things are worth saying to help other travelers decide. First of all, only one girl among the staff was super nice. The rest of them don't even know what customer service and kindness mean. The bathroom was very small and very uncomfortable because there's no division with the shower floor, so the whole tiny bathroom gets flooded (including of course the area of the sink and toilet). And, we only had room cleaning service 1 day out of the 5 days there. The answer by the staff was: "Sorry, our cleaning staff is very limited" (Yeah, you read well!). At least they had clean towels at the front desk at any time. And of course, it wasn't that cheap for that kind of service!

The location is pretty good and breakfast was ok.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Would happily go back there. It's located in my favourite part of Amsterdam. Great value for money.

The garden was in a bit of a mess but to be fair there was building work being done.

The bed was more comfortable than I expected. Bonus having a shower and toilet in bedroom.

I do not recomend it at all.

I do not recomend it at all. They were holding my "guarantee", even if on booking was not written sth about that. "Pay at propety" -Yea sure! The staff in evening told me I will got money straight away and in morning guess what? Left me without money. Make me to waste 4h to sort out with the bank, even the bank said is the propety which is holding my money not the bank. And on email is write, "the propety may hold your money", which make the staff to contradicte me and say is the bank who do this. The staff don't know how to explain and help. One say something second one say totally different. The morning staff was so sure everywhere is like that. I explain to him i booked another hotel for previous day in another city in Holland and he is wrong. But he had to contradicte me and don't let me to finish my words.that was rude. I paid too much for a room like that. Was too small. About cleanining...in shower i found hair, in the morning when I made a shower and take a "clean" towel wich was on the mirror..made nice.. was full with dust and hair!!! ( down I will atach a photo too).That was disgusting. The staff was surprised why I didn't brought from evening..how if in the morning I find it?! In toilet was stink like is urin everywhere. The bed was so hard and so hot in the room. If i wanted to stay at desk and to open the window I couldn't. That window it will fall in someone head in one day. I've got bitten on my back from some insects, that was horrible. The water come or to cold or too hot. The shower tap it was grose. I recomand to them to buy discaler or delimer whatever and clean it. I expected to have a small refrigerator at least, but no. It was my last day of holiday, which make me to waste it. Being in stress and nervous. They distroy my holiday.

Good enough!, I’d stay there again
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Not much to complain about. There was a tick on the shower floor though.

The location was great and the staff at the reception were super friendly and helpful

Quentin England Hotel is surprisingly recommendable for a two-star property.

- Toiletry could need a significant improvement

- Very friendly, supportive, and informative staff - Very quiet location - Acceptable accommodations for one person - Close to the city centre and grocery stores - Stowing away luggage before flight possible

• Budget Double Room

1.the WLAN can't be connected. 2.we probably got the worst room in the hotel. It's in the basement with a tiny window. The tubes get over the room and make it over warm(about 10 grads warmer than outside). Except that, the room is also too small. Some of the staffs are really unfriendly, we didn't make it to change the room. With this price it's a really disappointed hotel experience.

Location is good.

It was discomfort &we were asking for refund to rent another hotel.But they didn't refund our money.
    • Luxury Twin Room with Balcony

The complete hotel itself is not good. Even if there is no lift the stairs should be at least comfortable to carry baggage. But this hotel's stairs also very little and even a person can not go alone. Better not to book this even for free of cost.

We don't like this at all. Not at all good. They were talking very arrogantly. Not even behaving normally. Worst hotel in which we have never seen like this. Hotel atmosphere is not at all good. It doesn't look like a hotel. Bathroom and Toilet was not at all good. When we ask about it they were talking something else and repeatedly saying this is how they will provide. Please don't recommend to any guest. Entirely waste and not at all good on anything.

Very bad value for £200 per night breakfast £8 extra.

Room very small, window restraint missing window fell inwards and impacted on desk chair. Fan had a plug that did not fit socket. WC used and not flushed. Floor coverings throughout soiled and cracked Breakfast extra and poor quality.

Only the cheerful , helpful, young staff and the location in the museum quarter

Location was good and breakfast was good.
    • Budget Twin Room

The rooms were small and rooms had a stale smell. The showers were impractical. The hotel and rooms are very dated.

Location was good and breakfast was good. The beds were very comfy

Nasty
    • Budget Single Room

The room was extremely little and dirty. It was very cold in the night as well. It was located in the basement of the building and the humidity and the cold of the room make me spend very bad days there... For around 120€ per night I expected something at least a bit better.... Please do not go to this hotel!

At least the hotel has a kind staff

All was great, thanx a lot to reception staff, they were really helpful and friendly!
    • Standard Twin Room

The staff in general was very friendly! The rooms are small and maybe not the most comfortable ones but you dont go to Amsterdam to sleep! Also can not expect better for the price they charge.

Great location! Nothing to complain, yes the rooms are small but what are you expecting for this price in Amsterdam!!!

Terrible experience.
    • Budget Single Room

All. Ugly, dirty, noisy, bad service overall. Lowest quality hotel i have had since many years Very expensive for no service.

Nothing,it was a horrific experience.

Hotel Quentin England stay 5th June 2018
    • Budget Single Room

There was a hot pipe running up wall so room was impossibly hot. The overhead fan had to be on permanently and was very noisy. The breakfast was a disgrace. Coffee was cold. Appliances not plugged in. Poor choices. My camera was stolen from the premises in full view of the reception staff.

Having room with en-suite and being so central.

Free wifi is not easy to connect especially if you do not...
    • Budget Double Room

Free wifi is not easy to connect especially if you do not have a facebook account. If your room is in a basement, it will be also difficult to have a good cellular signal. The toilet is quite smelly.

- good location
    • Budget Single Room

- the room is very small and noise isolation from between the room and the corridor isn’t good - when you use shower there is loud noise ( like from loud wash machine ) - the window was blocked with pillow and some small piece of furniture, so not so much fresh air and light in the room - it felt like the room had renovation long time ago

- good location

worse stay in a hotel ever

Staff dont offer help if your luggage is big, the electric fan was horrible, air reach is maybe 1 feet, and it almost cant stand on itself, its probable a 1 euro electric fan, its really a piece of crap, for the bed; worse, its too soft not good for people who has spine problems or back problems, i had to sleep on the floor because its too soft for me. under the bed is very dirty. I wont recommend this hotel. Never

Location is okay not too far from the tram station and nearby attractions

Dreadful

I usually do not give bad reviews but If it can help others...the stay was absolutely dreadful. not worth a hostel rate let's not talk about a hotel rate. dirty socks on the smoking alarm, towels old ripped and with stains, no air con or a vent in the room, ( literally a sauna) and no vent or window in the bathroom. Old walls and tight dusty stairs,jusy threw money out the window with this stay.

Constant noise all night.
    • Budget Twin Room

Constant noise all night. It was like someone was moving house in the room above with paper thin walls. Steam in the room from the fire alarm set off the smoke alarm. There was a boiler outside the window of the room which made a loud noise all evening. Very uncomfortable stay.

Loved being close to the museums.
    • Standard Twin Room

We had no electricity in our room past midnight. When complained all they said was “what would you like me to do?”

Loved being close to the museums.

Took off money from my credit card and also at check-in
    • Budget Single Room

Before my trip the hotel took off from my card more than 50% of payment for accommodation. During the check-in they said that this payment was only 'frozen' but I don't have it on my card even now (on the fourth day after my trip). Booking.com is ignoring me with this question. And hotel also don't want to help me to solve the problem. I would not recommend to book it!

The location is really good.

I checked in earlier than the normal time and my room was...

Being sent to the 4th floor and had to carry my luggage

I checked in earlier than the normal time and my room was ready. I requested for another room because I was on the 4th Floor and was relocated to the ground floor the next day in a much bigger room. The staff was helpful with information. I will recommend Quentin England anytime.

I really enjoyed my stay at Quentin England Hotel because...
    • Budget Single Room

I really enjoyed my stay at Quentin England Hotel because it’s in a great location, the staff were nice and helpful and my room was small but clean and comfortable.

Good value for money in a very good central location. Didn't even had to use public transport.
    • Standard Twin Room

Room was ok but you could see some dirt on the floor. The bathroom is tiny and water drainage was bad in the shower. Not enough electricity suckets for 2 people.

Staff was helpful and welcoming, great location, quite area, restaurants and supermarket nearbye.

staff were nice /facilities very basic/ bathroom poor ,but locaation fantastic
    • Standard Twin Room

when asked at reception for an adaptor for the plug they would only sell on to me for €15 would have thought that a deposit would be sufficient

although I had no major problems with the hotel, bathrooms were very small, shower had no tray so when you used the shower whole room was wet, difficult for 2 people to use

Over-priced closet without a window. Steer clear of at least the one-beds.
    • Budget Single Room

Needed to have my bag on the bed in order to open the door to the bathroom, and then couldn't close the bathroom door when I was sitting on it because my legs were in the way. I've had better quality rooms in the poorest parts of India.

Room was AWFUL
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was aweful. No windows, two single beds pushed together. Skylight was dirty and broken. No where to store anything or any surfaces to put anything on. TERRIBLE

The location is perfect

Good location and the possibility to rent bikes although to...
    • Budget Twin Room

The room did not meet the expectation and did not reflect the description. Very disappointing and a fraud to offer a "room" like this: No windows and extremely stuffy, dirty. Very tiny beds. Bathroom and bed rum was flooded after the first shower since drainage was not functioning. Instead of being offered another double room (we were two persons), we were downgraded to 2 single rooms. No financial compensation offered. Overall, bad customer service.

Good location and the possibility to rent bikes although to a ridiculously high price

I was disappointed with the value vs the price.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

4th floor narrow stair climb with luggage is not convenient at all. It's 2018, there should be a lift. Shower was sub-par cleanliness-wise, I spent most of the shower avoiding the water trying to keep from being burned or being frozen as it changes sporadically very often. The bed is too small (narrow) for me or anyone my size which is almost everyone in Holland, Germany, the U.S. and many other countries other than Spain. Twin size is larger in all of the aforementioned countries.

The location met our needs.

Freindly staff very helpful pretty location minded bags and...
    • Budget Single Room

Small rooms no window just a small one high up toilet smelled quote prudent when i arrived probably as its close to the bed but lovely shower

Freindly staff very helpful pretty location minded bags and helped for an early check in

Location is nice, close to the park and museums.
    • Budget Single Room

The room that i got was in the basement with no windows and walls were too thin so you could here next door and upstairs people walking all the time.

Location is nice, close to the park and museums. Very helpful staff, they store your luggage after checkout .

• Standard Twin Room

Price, my room was overpriced. No towels in room. Saw two people queuing at reception for toilet paper for their room. Toilet seat in my room was no longer attached to toilet. Walls in room were dirty. Soundproofing bad. Breakfast area too small to accommodate people having breakfast. Balcony door to room didn't shut properly and had a large gap at top, fortunately it wasn't too cold.

Would not return
    • Budget Single Room

Read the description carefully! A budget room is no window, basement, basically a fire trap. Staff were helpful but can't compensate for the poor quality of the facility. Breakfast is disappointing.

Hotel’s location makes it all. close to the city center, canals and most of the turistic attraction.
    • Standard Triple Room

the room was very small... not really much space for luggages 😅

The location of the hotel pays the price 👍 plus the staff is very kind and helpful. We left the luggages in the hotel and picked them up later after king’s day celebration.

Small and noisy room (it was possible to listen all noises...
    • Standard Twin Room

Small and noisy room (it was possible to listen all noises in the rooms next door, above and below). The bathroom facilities were very poor, the smell was disgusting.

Nice stay
    • Standard Twin Room

The fact that was a twin bed instead of a double bed and It was a bit overpriced for my taste as we didn't have breakfast included.

The location of the hotel was really good and with easy access to all the facilities in the city. Staff was really nice, polite and happy to help with information about the city.

Could leave the luggage

We check in got to the room on the 4th floor no escalator we had to got up with the luggage extreamly heavy on narrow stairs. The smell in the room was awful smelt like sweaty the room was extreamly small, my partnrr went to have a shower and the bath room that was extreamly small with the toilet srat almost om top of the shower flooded the all bathroom the water was nearvy comming out into the room. I went downstairs showed the video of what just happened upstairs so they gave me a key to another room. The room was nearly double the size but it had the smae exact smell the bathroom was a little bit better. For the price we paid at pick time i was extreamly disappointed with the hotel. The matress was extreamly hard almost like sleeping on the floor.

Could leave the luggage

a wonderfull vacation 😊
    • Budget Double Room

The room was small but we knew what to expect when we book budget double room. But the bed was ok.

The staff was great, very helpfull and kind. The room was clean and like in the photos on the site. You have clean towels, a small closet and a private bathroom to take o warm shower. The location is great, 25 min from the center on foot.

its ok. nothing special. small bathroom. small beds. good location, like 5 minutes from center.
    • Standard Twin Room

Breakfast is dull. they charged me 3Euros for some hot water for tea in a small disposable Polystyrene cup when I asked in the evening - I think that considering the amount of money we payed, they could have just give it for free... like come on... but it shows me how cheep they are.

Would suit a young crowd looking for a place to crash.
    • Budget Single Room

Hotel staff was a bit abrupt upon entering/checking in to the hotel. I was given a basement room a fair distance away from the stairs but it was pretty noisy. Every step (especially people coming down) felt loud and reverberated around the hallways and I had used earplugs too.

The hotel is located in a good spot and fairly close (about 5 mins walk) to a large bar and restaurant area - Leidseplein. The sheets smelled and felt freshly laundered and shampoo/shower gel and hairdryer is provided by the hotel.

not worth the price good location

Not realy clean, the back yard was dirty they only half cleaned it on our last day full of cigarets and trash and broken plastic, they never changed our bed sheets(it had a big hole so i know it was the same) for 5 night,our room was next to the back yard in which everybody went to smoke and the door to the garden was extremly loud, every time it closed it shook the room and woke us up the room was very small for 5 days but the reception tolled us it was standart for amsterdam. The breackfast was ok but missed on some fresh fruit

good location and had everything in walking distance, friendly reception personal

great hotel
    • Luxury Twin Room with Balcony

property was great slightly expensive but would stay again.

great location on a quiet street but 2 minutes walk into town near plenty of bars, restaurants and shops. We stayed in the twin room with balcony it was small but perfect for us clean brand new bathroom TV was rubbish only 1 channel in English but didn't bother us. Balcony was great chairs and a table. Staff were friendly .

The location was right around the corner from the Van Gogh...
    • Budget Single Room

The room was very small, even by European standards. My disappointment was with the condition of the bathroom and the breakfast. The bathroom had a number of broken tiles, was dirty and caulk was used extensively instead of grout. Breakfast had no warm items.

The location was right around the corner from the Van Gogh museum.

The location is perfect, very close to Leidseplein,...
    • Budget Twin Room

Since it was a budget room, there was no window and the room was very small. Instead it was a double bed, it was 2 singles put next to each other, so it kept moving. If you are staying 1 night like us, the budget room is ok. But for more, i would prefer a room with a window and more space.

The location is perfect, very close to Leidseplein, Vondelpark and museums. The staff is friendly. Although the price was a bit high for my expectations, it was one of the cheapest hotels i've found in that location.

We were a bit late in planning our business trip, so it has...
    • Budget Single Room

Bathroom. Fortunately there was no need in using the shower, the rest was acceptable.

We were a bit late in planning our business trip, so it has ended up with a transit overnight stay in Amsterdam. I usually avoid staying here as there are too many tourists and hotels are overpriced. This one was OK considering that you in Amsterdam. It was very cold in a city and pretty cold in a room despite the fact that there was only a little window in the ceiling. But I just needed a place to sleep and then take a night bus to airport (stops very close to the hotel at Leidsepl.) so I was more or less satisfied. I would recommend for guests with big and heavy bags and for those who are not in a good physical condition to stay not higher than the second floor, as negotiating the stairs leading to a third floor could really be a problem.

I'll be back
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Had to come uo and down four flights of stairs just to smoke ,, maybe do a rooftop smoking area is a suggestion

I liked the girl on reception pretty girl ;)

Fantastic place to stay and not far from things
    • Budget Twin Room

The beds were comfy had the best sleep . The room was a good size for me and my mate . Maybe the tv needed a update basically new TVs would be better . Great value for money I would say for what I payed and would stay there again defo .

Average at best.
    • Budget Single Room

The room was very small. This included the bathroom. The room only had one window which was a skylight.

The location was very close to the city center. It was also very close to the Van Gogh Museum.

The bed and pillows were comfy and the room was clean...

There was only one plug socket in the room that wasn't great, the adapter kept falling out and I didn't have a bedside table on my side of the bed. A bit more storage space would have been ideal.

The bed and pillows were comfy and the room was clean although compact, the bathroom was also rather small but overall was perfectly reasonable for a 2 night stay and was in a great location.

VERY POOR customer service, they will let you suffer in your room.
    • Budget Single Room

Very poor customer service. I booked a single room and it was at the basement. No one helped me with my luggage after I checked in. No A/C in the room. The heater was not turning off as the switch was broken and the guy at the reception said he cannot do anything. They let me stayed in a very hot room and didn’t even offered any compensation. They didn’t even allow me for a late check out at 12noon. He said he cannot move me to a different room. I asked for late check out at 12noon and they said I have to pay an extra. There was one old guy (staff) at the reception having some coffee and he was very rude. The cost that I have paid at the hotel was not worth it. I don’t recommend this hotel. Definitely I will NOT stay in this hotel again..

The hotel is ok. But don’t book economy double room.
    • Budget Twin Room

A given room was not the one I booked. It was half of the size of the booked one. No hairdryer. The shower is a nightmare, the water in it either insanely cold or hot as hell.

A good stay marred by the cold room.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The window latch was loose and the strong winter wind broke it in the middle of my 3rd night. The subzero winds turned the room into a freezer. A makeshift repair was made the next morning by tightening the latch and wedging a piece of cardboard to take up the slack but it was still insufficient to seal the window. The repair guy had the audacity to tell me to stuff towels to block the wind if it leaked further instead of fetching some and doing it. Helpful. Not. Finally, a different staff loaned me a heater, which helped make my last night more comfortable.

Great price. Good location. Clean. Comfortable bed. Easy walk to the Rikjmuseum, Van Gogh, the concertgebouw and to the tram stop at Leidseplein. There’s also a direct bus to the airport.

Nice but overpriced for what you get.
    • Budget Twin Room

Our room was very tiny without any windows which we didn't like. We felt like it was over priced for what we got.

Breakfast crossants were really good. Location was alright.

Good to stay for a while
    • Budget Twin Room

the hotel didn't have an elevator. it makes me quiet difficult to take my baggage to my room at the second floor

I love the receptionist because he's so friendly. the location near restaurant and park.

Except for the bed I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The only two things I didn't like, the bed was quite poor. The mattress was very soft at the sides and I did not have a comfortable sleep as I was rolling to the side all the time. Maybe it was just the mattress in my room. The television reception was very poor, but it didn't bother me as I didn't watch much TV.

The hotel location is very central and close to the tram station. The staff are very friendly, the bathroom was cleaned every day. The breakfast was good.

We had a good weekend, only needed to sleep there & it was clean & staff very friendly.
    • Budget Twin Room

No window in the room was not great, that would stop me returning. Very stuffy, even with the ceiling fan on. Other guests were very noisy (shouting conversations at 3am) but that's not the fault of the staff.

Room was ready early & the staff were really helpful & friendly. Good location. The room was clean......just very basic.

Claustrophobic, uninviting, uncomfortable, noisy & just generally not a relaxing atmosphere
    • Budget Single Room

The room, the tiny winding staircases up to there felt unsafe and cramped especially when carrying up or down cases/bags etc. The room was incredibly small you couldn’t leave the bathroom door even slightly ajar as there would be no space, incredibly claustrophobic, no window & minuscule “bathroom” to match. The hotel was also quite difficult to find at first and I ended up in another branch of Quentin hotel where I met possibly the rudest receptionist ever. “Are you sure you booked with us?” “Yes well it was with booking.com” her response as she rolled her eyes “yeah well 70% of our bookings are” me being apologetic “oh I didn’t realise sorry” her “yeah most people don’t pay attention” not the warmest of welcomes even if I wasn’t staying in her establishment surely customer service for the brand as a whole matters, anyway I had to ask her to help me find the actual Quentin hotel I was staying in, she did so reluctantly and in a very exasperated way. Walls were thin so all sounds in the corridors and creaking staircases would wake you up. No window just a tiny square skylight deep in the ceiling and this was apparently “the best” single room. Staff were not very friendly or helpful in general, any request seemed like a chore. I would not book with this branch of hotel again very poor even if budget.

I liked that there seemed to be unlimited coffee & good breakfast choice which was definitely needed after staying here.

Breakfast was good, and location was excellent.
    • Budget Single Room

Room was really small. Because it's an old building, it is quite noisy and I could hear every time there was someone coming up or down the stairs.

Breakfast was good, and location was excellent.

Basic hotel.. staff friendly.. good location but i wouldent stay there again or reccommend it

Hotel very basic.. no little comforts that you would expect in a hotel like a kettle in your room.. at night time its was very noisy inside the hotel.. other guests comming up and down the stairs banging doors also were were on the 3rd foor the stairs were ridiculous they were like something out of alice in wonderland they were very very narrow we never seen anything like it

The hotel was a 5 min walk to shops bars resturants and bus service

Thanks for good room.

Nothing I didn't like.

Excellent location, excellent price. Had low expectations (was mentioned that I could even get a room in basement with no windows) but without me even asking I was given very good room in 1st floor :)

Just near Rijksmuseum.
    • Standard Triple Room

Toiletries were just a single product for all the things..no seperate shampoo or hand wash or bodywash.. Sinlge soap for all functions.

Just near Rijksmuseum.. Walking distance

Great little hotel! Great holiday
    • Standard Twin Room

Everything was very good for the value you get more than what u pay for

I have stayed twice and each time the hotel staff have been very helpful, rooms where very good value for the size. Location great as it is close to lots of great destination no matter what reason you have decided to go to amsterdam and is next to. Finally for the price I got my room for anyway the value is amazing as have payed more than double the price for a smaller room before only a street away. I would highly reccomend and will use again myself in the near future

At least I had a bed. And a toilet

I found a big, long, brown hair on the toilet seat. You don't have a DND sign so the housekeeper will enter the room everyday, maybe exactly when you're sleeping or else.

Really close to the center

Problem hotel
    • Budget Twin Room

the receptionist was not polite at all. we could not stay in the room we booked. they gave us a small and windowless room outside the rooms we saw when booking. people are fooling. our problem wasn't solved. they discuss with us. they are not helpers anymore. we also had to leave the hotel. certainly do not believe in the photos from booking. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Becareful!.. prices they show online aren't the same at the property!
    • Budget Twin Room

When I did the book online I did for a double room, when I arrived after I got charged they told me I have to pay extra because the book was for a single person!!!...after I paid!.. then because was late I got forced to pay the extra money to stay there!!... was horrible experience, I ended paying way more than what I expected plus was so noisy

The location was good

Terrible
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The only staff that had manners was the night staff with on my tail. 1 woman staff with dark hair very rude, they don't explain prices in full, until it's time to pay and their telling you a different price.

Fine.
    • Luxury Twin Room with Balcony

All the staffs are nice at Quentin England except for one lady which i wasn't able to get the name. She is totally unpleasant and unapproachable. Even the manner of speaking to customers is rough. She is the lady who assisted in our first day check in. We almost cancelled if it wasn't rainy Sunday. But the lady who assisted in our checked out was absolutely very nice.

I liked the friendliness of the staff, and they're...
    • Budget Twin Room

I liked the friendliness of the staff, and they're helpfulness. I had two huge bags which they helped me carry and also the cleanliness of the place. The breakfast was really average and was only cereal and a croissant.

Very disappointing for the price.
    • Standard Twin Room

Very disappointing for the price. Facilities very ordinary, and a bit grubby. Room was not consistently cleaned. Price was advertised for much cheaper on Face Book but when we booked in it was almost triple the price! Staff not particularly helpful with our dilemma and made it very difficult to cancel or change. Very unhappy.

Location is good.

Overall the hotel is fine I guess. It's clean, well located, but too expensive for what it is.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

There is only 1 shared bathroom (on the 4th floor, and there are no elevators which is quite hilarious with those jerky stairs), so expect this to be awkwardly inconvenient. The room we had was also ridiculously small, more than we thought. Our stay was OK, but not for the price we paid, which is my main negative for this hotel! Make it less expensive and I would say it would have met my expectations! I mean, compared to some hostels, it's absolutely way too costly for nothing.

It definitely was clean (at least our room was), staff was responsive, and the location is amazing. It was quiet as well since with the fan running, we didn't ever hear anything outside of our room!

I had an enjoyable stay in Amsterdam but my room was a disappointment.
    • Budget Single Room

My room was very small & was below the ground floor meaning that there was no window & therefore claustrophobic.

The location for the property was excellent for visiting museums & restaurants. The hotel was on a quiet street.

The city was amazing
    • Standard Quadruple Room

The room was so small, the shower make the toilet floated, if you need parking is only on the street, the toilet and pillow was dirty. Loads of stair if you have a baby, a child and you are over 70 years old ( lots of stuff to carrying).

Very close to the museum, restaurants and transportes

Browse Quentin England Hotel traveller photo gallery