Reviews of Radisson BLU Hotel Amsterdam Airport 4 stars

Boeing Avenue 2, 1119 PB Schiphol, Netherlands

#5 of 10 hotels in Schiphol

Based on 1989 hotel reviews

Very good hotel close to airport with shuttle to get to/fro. Quiet, despite being near airport

All good, no faults.

Excellent service by staff. Very helpful at all times. Shuttle bus to/from airport great. Food in restaurant excellent and good choice of dishes. Staff in restaurant very courteous and friendly. We will return!

Good hotel for a night in Schiphol.
    • Standard Room

Menu choice is a little limited. Food and drink slightly on the expensive side for what it is.

Staff very efficient, friendly and helpful. Shuttle bus drops you at the door and runs regularly. Nice hotel for an overnight stay if you're using Schiphol.

Nice, comfortable, large and clean rooms.
    • Standard Room

The price of breakfast was to me too high (although of a very good quality). The location was good but not perfect: althoguh there is a free shuttle, it takes 20 minutes to go to or come from the airport (and the shuttle runs very 40 minutes)

Nice, comfortable, large and clean rooms. Wifi was very good and the atmosphere in the hotel was nice. Breakfast (not included) was very good.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

The staff is very helpfull and charming

The check in was a bit complicated becouse i ordered via booking and they didn't found my reservation r After 15 minuts they found it and all was settel for the best

The staff is very helpfull and charming The breakfest is great! They were very kind and patient with my kids and even gave them small presents

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Great hotel, very friendly staff

Could be a bit of a long wait for the bus to the airport, bus comes every 45 minutes.

Great hotel. Staff were so friendly and nice. We were here for our first wedding anniversary. When we arrived we were given drink vouchers for a free drink each and also they left a box of biscuits and a bath bomb in our room with a note. Very clean and lovely hotel.

The bed was comfortable.

Bathroom was rather dirty - someone else's hair all over the floor. Room looked a bit drab and uninspiring. Within a few minutes of getting into the room the housekeeper came into the room while I was on the loo!

The bed was comfortable. The requested additional pillows were provided - this is unusual as I normally need to ask again for these.

Good hotel
    • Two Connecting Double Rooms

I booked rooms breakfast included, but hotel didn’t have this information, after showing this information to the receptionist, they changed in their system

After 6 day tours it’s very convenient to stay near airport, and in the morning have free of charge transfer to airport

Reception and morning restaurant crew a did a great job!
    • Premium Room

Waving with my "Welcome drink" coupon like at the NYSE, I got ignored by a bartender (a tall guy) for some time till asking another personnel to get me my drinks...it's better not to issue any welcome drink coupons to prevent guests being treated unwelcome...

Reception and morning restaurant crew a did a great job! Excellent!

we were upgraded to business class room, therefore the room...
    • Premium Room

the bed appear old and "saggy"; the shuttle bus to and from Schiphol airport is not frequent enough, only every 40 min, therefore it is better to check the schedule before arriving at the airport; the location is bit isolated, fortunately we were there only for 1 night.

we were upgraded to business class room, therefore the room is spacious; clean room; wifi signal is moderate; breakfast is delicious

A nice place to stay quiet with easy access to Schiphol...
    • Premium Room

A nice place to stay quiet with easy access to Schiphol Airport via shuttle and from there you go anywhere. The food was lovely and the rooms were clean and comfy. I enjoyed walking around the beautiful grassed areas as they were perfect for relaxing after the busy streets of Amsterdam.

Fantastic, nice clean rooms and great breakfast
    • Premium Room

It was perfect. We didn’t have any problems

Convenient shuttle service. Lovely staff and hospitality team. We were very pleased with our room which was spacious and clean. Great facilities. The children loved it and we will recommend it.

Radisson experience good but spend money on hotel near airport or better still go to Amsterdam City
    • Standard Room

Staff at check-in quite unfriendly and unwelcoming. It is very far from amenities and you have to get the shuttle bus back to airport if you want to go to Amsterdam. Then you have to get a train to main station and either walk or take the tram around the city.

The shuttle bus from the airport. Everything else standard as a Radisson Hotel.

Nice, but not great if you drive
    • Standard Room

Parking on site does not mean free. You need to scroll down to find the fee (not obvious). No reason why, if you stay the night, you can't park for free, as long as you take it when you go. Be wary, the shuttle is small. When my partner arrived at the peak time she, and several others, couldn't fit. They had to get a taxi. The hotel did fund them.

Clean, polished hotel. Nice restaurant on site. Free shuttle from airport.

We expected much much more from Radisson.
    • Standard Room

Cleanliness!!! Poorly cleaned bathtub and toilet. A lot of dust in wardrobe! Until the second complaint it was cleaned! Problem with fire alarm. Can you imagine the way from 6th floor by walk on stairs with pet, 2 times in the evening. Wrong information from receptionist about shuttle from Airport to RAI exhibition centre. No shuttle run. Tickets to parking slot did not work.

Comfortable bed, nice mirror in the bathroom

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Good overnight stay with excellent breakfast.

It took some time to find my booking, but I guess this more of a booking.com issue in communicating. Also, the room was not properly clean, there were still some leftovers in the fridge from somebody else, and I have also seen a big spider on the wall.

The staff was great and very helpful. Also, the breakfast was really, really good, and it was very good for me because the served it from 6 am, so I got to get a little breakfast before leaving to catch my flight.

3rd time lucky
    • Standard Room

They cancelled our reservation after I called them and told them i would be late. The manager pretty much called me poor - saying he didn't want me to max out my debit card on a £50 deposit......which is meant to be €30 as it said on the document. I dont know with be told me it was more than that . On top of this , the heating did not work the room was freezing and when we told a member of staff they told us to turn it off rather than get someone to fix it or move us. I cannot say im surprised as the last time I stayed , they stole money from my account after I left thinking I would not notice ( I paid for my stay in cash). Also the manager did not ask if I wanted to add breakfast- nor did he tell me that breakfast was available should i want it . Instead he told me "breakfast Is not include you will have to go outside to get something to eat". I did not really feel welcome.

The bed although cold was comfortable. The hotel itself is beautiful and the room had a good view.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Easy connection to airport!
    • Standard Room

Property is dated and need an overall update, at least the 7th floor.

Perfect location near Amsterdam Airport, great and friendly staff, excellent food, reliable and free shuttle to airport.

The room was clean and the bed very comfortable.
    • Premium Room

The parking fee was a little pricey.

The room was clean and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was very good with a nice variety of food. We chose this hotel because it is about halfway between downtown Amsterdam and the beach. Our room had a view of the airport, which our niece enjoyed very much. On site parking is great.

The design if the rooms is nice,it.
    • Standard Room

Since on the arrival day was my b-day I was expecting to have a surprise from the hotel itself(i.e. a glass if wine, a chocolate),how it happens in others. Moreover,I was expecting to be presented with their fidelity registration,but neither this time in their hotel didn.t happen.Their politics probably it.s not for gaining their permanent customers. The last point is their high price for breakfast.

The design if the rooms is nice,it.s clean and their free shuttle bus is perfect for reaching the airport in 20 minutes. Overall,it.s a nice hotel where I would still stay but with room for improvement.

It had a good shuttle to the airport.
    • Standard Room

I thought the restaurant prices were very high.

It had a good shuttle to the airport. The room was clean and comfortable. We only stayed here one night on our way home.

worst experience I had in amsterdam
    • Standard Room

The have a stinky rooms with uncooperative staff. I lost something in the room and I did not receive any help to find my lost item .. nothing.. I was treated like if I am lying to them :(

Good design

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Make sure you're not on floors 6 and 7 - all others fine
    • Standard Room

Not all of the rooms have been renovated, I had to change as the room I was allocated was possibly one of the worst I have seen stylewise, I had to change - a rarity! Food was expensive (even for an airport hotel) and if you're trying to eat healthily, it's near impossible

Does what it says on the tin, staff friendly and helpful

Comfortable beds and great shuttle connection to and from...
    • Standard Room

Had to wait in the lobby because they would only let us check-in at 3pm on the dot and not a second earlier. Vending machine prices are a joke. €3,50 for a soda or water that costs €0,50 in the store.

Comfortable beds and great shuttle connection to and from the airport.

Wonderful, friendly staff.
    • Standard Room

A bit further from the airport than anticipated, but the shuttle bus made this not really an issue.

Wonderful, friendly staff. The breakfast was also really good. Apart from the generous buffet spread, they will also make anything you fancy (within reason I am assuming!). The free airport shuttle was also very convenient and welcome. We were also given the opportunity to book extras a bit before the stay, including a really great offer of craft beers and snacks in the bar, which were excellent!

Nice hotel with minor deficit
    • Standard Room

Water temperature of the shower was varying in a way that it got uncomfortably hot without touching the tap. Not sth I expect from a hotel like this.

Overall very clean place, shuttle worked perfectly for us both from and to the airport. They go more or less every 40mins, check their website for schedule.

Arrived with other late at night, too far from airport,...
    • Standard Room

Arrived with other late at night, too far from airport, staff miserable, hotel soulless, room silly expensive for what is was, booked very last minute and another person had the same room with 40% less cost

Perfect hotel not only for the travelers waiting for the next flight.

nothing :-)

Silence - despite the airport nearby. Very comfortable beds and dark curtains in the windows enable to let you fall asleep despite the jet lag. Very convinient shuttle bus.

Rooms are big and spacious (business class) but no air conditioning in room, so be very careful.
    • Standard Room

Air conditioning not worked for both nights, even though I complained, from day 1, all that the manager had to offer was opening the big window of the room, so I think the concept of air-conditioning is lost, especially when you have 2 little children to sleep on hot summer days. Poor quality of A/C has let me down completely. Would not book here ever again.

Beds were big and comfortable.

Nice, but a bit overpriced.
    • Standard Room

At first, the room I got was not cleaned after previous guest. Then it was replaced with free upgrade to "business room", but the first impression wasn't great.

Good location for work in Schiphol-Rijk area.

Fabulous & full of great people!
    • Standard Room

There was only one person in the bar. That's my boy, he drinks faster than one person can serve clearly!

Booked this for my son who had to come home from backpacking quickly to UK. He said it was awsome. The bed was huge & super comfy. The barfood was really good & the room beautiful. Staff super helpful & clean clean clean!

4am
    • Standard Room

I requested a late check out, as I arrived at 4am and had to leave at 3pm. This was all sorted (yay!), but they started hoovering the hallway outside my door at 9am..

Best pillows ever! I used them all :) And the shampoo & body lotion were amazing!

Comfortable but non-distinct hotel next to Schiphol
    • Premium Room

The room is small and not very distinct -- basically a business hotel without much differentiation.

We booked here because we had a 0700 flight the next morning - basically convenient location to the Schiphol airport. We also parked our car below. The bed was comfortable, fluffy; the bathroom was clean and the shower had good water pressure. They put a crib for my son in the room.

Great name of hotel with not so great service
    • Premium Room

We stayed for 8 nights. The lady who cleaned our room everyday- Very sloppy job, coffee not refill ( few times i have to remind them) One time she delayed to clean my room till 4pm, because we were in the room(it was 12.30pm). But i said is ok to clean but she insist to clean at 4pm hope that we will leave by then. At 4pm my baby is sleeping therefore delay again until 5pm. And 5pm i asked for cleaning and the receptionist said there is not alot of people they are very busy.. which i didnt get it why is now my problem.. i never asked to delay from the first place!! Anyway i got a cleaning svc finally but the same cleaning lady show up with unfriendly face waiting for me outside... so looking at her friendly face i decided to dragged 2 of my kids waiting in the lobby till she is finish. Bottom line is why she delayed the service from the 1st place?? just do your job clean the room with or without people in the room!

Room, huge bathroom, fitness facility, location to my office, food, shuttle bus service.

I enjoyed my trip in Amsterdam and will definitely come back to explore more.
    • Standard Room

The room decor and furnitures are outdated.

The views on the 6th floor is really good. The shuttle to the airport really helped me with my travel to city centre . Huge lobby and nice restaurant. The room is clean.

Nice hotel but away from the city

I tried to meals an early check -in even if I had to pay a bit more cause my flight was arriving really early , wrote to them 3 times and they never answered ! When I came the girl at the reception told me I had no other option and had to wait until 3 to get my room she’s didn’t even try solving the problem ! She shouldn’t be working with tourism , had to call the manager amd he finally solved it.w

The room was really spacious and comfortable .

Great airport hotel

nothing.

Great airport hotel. I would stay here again for sure. Lovely staff. Rooms were VERY spacious and comfortable. Fun decor. The kids even loved the place. Super convenient if you are going to the airport. Huge shuttle to accommodate. Staff was 100% awesome. They were cheerful!

Enjoyable experience but a bit further out than it looks
    • Standard Room

Breakfast was crazily overpriced for what it was. Hotel details mentioned a health suite which I would have expected a pool: it was just a gym

Room service was excellent, prompt and the food quality excellent Shuttle bus ran on time, and really easy to find

Great Experience. Would definitely stay again!
    • Standard Room

The bath still had a few stains in that I had to clean before using it.

Victor, the receptionist that checked me in, did a really great job at managing my expectations as to the wait.

Didn't spend much time at the hotel, but the time I spent there, literally felt like an oasis.
    • Standard Room

When accessing the safe, the closet that it is stored in looks as if it hasn't been cleaned in a while, there was a really thick layer of dust.

The room was really spacious. The bed, well, it felt as if I was sleeping on a cloud. The Wi-Fi was super fast! Great equipment at the gym to get a quick workout in

The room was absolutely stunning!
    • Standard Room

The shower head was based in the centre of the bath tub rather than at one end. A constant noise was in the background as if it was water running through pipes or something similar, so I found it a little hard to sleep at first.

The room was absolutely stunning! Comfortable beds, free WiFi, lots of tv channels!

The bed is very comfy
    • Standard Room

The location only allows you to take the shuttle to the airport making your life limited if you want to go to the city center as this is the only affordable way to do so.

The bed is very comfy

Location was good.
    • Standard Room

I got a room with twin beds in spite of asking for a room with one large bed. That was very uncomfortable and ruined the experience. I also found the breakfast too expensive for what was being offered.

Location was good.

comfortableness.
    • Standard Room

quite far from downtown or central. i have to take train twice a day was abit costly and tiring. have to wait for shuttle bus long time.

comfortableness. the toom is quite large

The friendly staff

I was charged TWICE for my accommodation. The first time my credit card was swiped, it was supposed to be a holding amount only. IT WAS NOT - the hotel charged me the day I booked in and the day I left. I am now having to go through a dispute process with my bank in order to recover the first charge. NOT A HAPPY GUEST!

The friendly staff

Convenient for the airport
    • Premium Room

The pillows were far too soft, I was using 3, and they gave no support The restaurant was over priced, with average food

Room was comfortable and spacious (junior suite), with an OK view out The shuttle service worked out well for flights

Comfortable bed in a spacious room.

Nothing springs to mind

Comfortable bed in a spacious room. Wifi was excellent for work needs. Overnight stay for a meeting so it met my needs perfectly as I wasn't visiting Amsterdam itself. A few miles from the airport but the shuttle service was great. Food was great in the bar. Would use again.

It was modern and clean with parking.
    • Standard Room

Restaurant was closed when we arrived late and because it's located in a business area there was no place to walk to for food.

Was close to airport via shuttle.

Great location, great value & will definitely stay again.
    • Standard Room

The beds are two separate single beds and not one double bed, and were made up as such, and the beds were on wheels so as soon as you got near the ‘gap’ the beds wheeled apart!

The staff were very helpful and the room was lovely, the facilities are great and the shuttle bus was a big bonus.

Credit card charged before arrival
    • Standard Room

Credit card charged before arrival without notice. Why such a big company doesn't allow you to chose your form at arrival while any camping in the NLs can? Kudos for the company cashflow.

The reception is kind and interested. The bed is good. The shuttle is punctual

Unexpected and last minute but will be a useful one again if I need somewhere near the airport
    • Standard Room

Was an unexpected stay as my flight was cancelled. Many flights were cancelled and so the hotel was very busy with last minute bookings but the staff were still very helpful.

Nice but very expensive
    • Standard Room

The prices in the bar and restaurant were very expensive 35€ For three drinks and bar snacks started at 15€ Restaurant prices weee unacceptably high considering there were no local dining options

We were upgraded to a business suite which was lovely. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Regular shuttle to and from airport

Very good breakfast.
    • Two Connecting Double Rooms

That you as a guest have to pay 25 euros per day for parking, which is not made clear enough during the booking. Also the staff was nice, but in booking.com we choose 5 people and thought we paid for five, regardless of the fact that later in the booking process it says max 4 people, you are misled by the fact that you are able to chose a room with a bed preference of 2 double and one single bed.. which is in coherence with a 5 people room. We even wrote a small message mentioning that we needed an extra single bed because we were 5 and not 4 people. When we arrived there was only two double beds in the room and confronting the staff with it, instead of accommodating for their mistake, they expected us to pay 30 euros per night for a extra bed, even though we made the reservation 6 months in advance. So as well as being unprepared for their guests, they also did not contact or inform us about the fact that we could only book a 4 people room.. this was in my opinion unacceptable, and I will not advice this hotel, since they only seem interested in making money, and not bring a good service.

Very good breakfast.

Enjoyed it, wish it had a pool
    • Standard Room

Location was further from town then expected, a shuttle into town would be great, at least the shuttle to the airport was always available

The bath tub, internet

Great breakfast.
    • Premium Room

Parking is high and after 2300 the shuttle bus from the airport is a van. With the amount of people coming back and forth from Amsterdam it becomes a free for all to get back to the hotel.

Great breakfast. Best we have had in Europe.

Reception staff were very helpful, room was very spacious...
    • Standard Room

Reception staff were very helpful, room was very spacious and the 24hr airport shuttle was incredibly helpful and saved us a lot of money on taxis late at night

Lovely stay, brilliant shuttle service.
    • Standard Room

Nothing, whole stay was brilliant.

Excellent shuttle service. Rooms were clean, airy and of a good size. Staff, all pleasant and well turned out. Very accommodating and friendly.

terrible shuttle service, bad staff.
    • Standard Room

we preferred to rely on the shuttle service although the hotel is far from the airport. but the shuttle service was disgusting. We waited more than an hour in the airport. we called the hotel many times but they did not send shuttle. the staff was uninterested and uninformed. At the end a small car arrived and half of the waiters could not ride this car. Neither I, nor anyone working at our company will host this hotel again. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone.

room was big and comport.

Hotel staff was nice, rooms were in good size and value for...
    • Standard Room

Smell of an old building at the corridors even though the hotel is not very old. Location is not handy as it takes good 15 min drive and the shuttle is every 40 min.

Hotel staff was nice, rooms were in good size and value for money

Excellent, highly recommend...
    • Standard Room

Our room was very clean and up to date. Shuttle from the airport timely and efficient. We had a fabulous dinner in the restaurant, our waitress was amazing and as we had just gotten engaged she had the kitchen put hearts and congrats on our dessert plate. Would highly recommend this hotel.

Not as expected
    • Standard Room

Room was much less modern than photos on the website (only some floors renovated, unfortunately we got an old one), limited options at the restaurant, very noisy air con

Nice staff, free shuttle to the airport every 40 mins

Average hotel. Average location. Convenient shuttle service to airport.
    • Standard Room

Front desk service was understaffed and very slow. My wife was stuck in the bathroom and they failed to take the numerous calls made to front desk. She eventually got out. We then proceeded to check out but because there was only one person present at the four desks, we missed our shuttle to the airport.

Very good hotel with very professional staff .
    • Standard Room

Very good hotel with very professional staff . The rooms are very nice and well equipped ,the beds are very comfortable and quiet . The staff is very helpful , they consider the client as king , and is due to them that the stay in this hotel becomes different from another hotel . I recommend this hotel , in one word 10/10 Keep the spirit !

Necessary due to overnight layover but would not recommend or repeat given another choice.
    • Premium Room with Airport View

The carpet and chairs in room 535 were stained and in need of a refresh. The food in the bar/lounge was horribe - frozen hamburger, dressed with an inedible sauce on a hard, stale toasted bun. The price was far too much for the experience

The “free” shuttle to/from airport, the quiet room, and comfortable bed.

Convenient location but pricey.
    • Standard Room

1. The breakfast was expensive and it was limited but the staff were friendly 2. The beds and pillows were too soft and uncomfortable.

The shuttle bus service to and from the airport. The proximity to the train station was convenient. Lisanne at the reception was excellent and friendly.

Ladies at the reception were not friendly.
    • Standard Room

Ladies at the reception were not friendly. The extra bed which was requested and confirmed was not provided. We were told it will be organised in a bit. When we came back late in the night, the bed was still not there.

Great experience in Amsterdam
    • Premium Room

You can only open the room window if you call the reception.

Top quality as Radisson Blu always offers. Very close to the airport. Bus to the airport every 40 minutes, where you can take another train or bus to the city center. Very Clean. A good breakfast with a big variety. Helpful and polite staff. Spacious and comfortable room. Best quality/price rapport. Totally recommend for anybody who is planning to have a great experience in Amsterdam.

Friendly Staff, and comfy hotel rooms.
    • Standard Room

The shuttle that runs every 40 minutes can be an inconvenience sometimes, also our bath in our room had a broken plug hole so the plug wouldn’t stay down meaning the water would empty whilst i was in it. Had to keep it pressed down with my foot.

Friendly Staff, and comfy hotel rooms.

Wonderful hotel all round!
    • Standard Room

A number of charges from the hotel have come out our bank account and we aren’t sure what they are from - having to follow this up.

Wonderful hotel all round!

Everything was excellent.
    • Premium Room

Everything was excellent. Even though the hotel is located far from the airport and Amsterdam itself, the transfer was very convinient. Breakfast was very tasty and exceeded my expectations. Thank you. I will stay there again if I come for couple of days.

Very nice and spacious rooms.
    • Standard Room

Would have been nice if the TV free channels options are better or at least the TV support screen share

Very nice and spacious rooms. Good connection with the airport.

We stayed here to celebrate my birthday with another family.

We stayed here to celebrate my birthday with another family. We really enjoyed our stay here, although we would have liked to have been closer to the city this was perfect for a last minute booking deal. The breakfast was included with our stay and it was amazing. They had so much to offer for breakfast! The staff was friendly and very professional. The free movie channels was a bonus for my kiddos. The complimentary free drinks was very nice from the gentleman at check in. Cant wait to stay at another Radisson !

Great for long layover

Felt impersonal but we were on a short layover so it was fine. Bed wasn’t especially comfortable but it wasn’t totally awful.

Close to the airport with a free shuttle. Shuttle runs on a schedule- be sure to note times. Had a long layover in Amsterdam and it was a perfect place to stay as we were near the airport and arrived in plenty of time for an international flight without the stress of getting to the airport.

Excellent, as always.
    • Premium Room with Airport View

Was desperate for a snack and a drink when I got to my room but the fridge was empty :-(

I am a frequent visitor to this place and I like everything about it One of the things I like best is the welcoming and friendly attitude of the staff. Reception, bar area and breakfast. All teams are always enthusiastic and caring.

Perfect accommodations thst make you feel at home, we will be back again!
    • Standard Room

I loved this place and will be back again! The rooms are cozy and incredibly clean. They provide towels and electronic adapters, as well as breakfast and a beautifully clean and well equipped kitchen available whenever you need. Bathrooms are also very clean and modern. It is in a fantastic location and the staff were very kind and helpful. Everything was perfect!

Incredible breakfast. Very good rooms but distant from downtown.
    • Premium Room

It is necessary a 40 min to get to the center by public bus.

Incredible breakfast. Very good bathroom and bed. Room with coffee/tea machine. Beautiful view from our room. A little distant from the center of the city, but with easy bus transportation and easier shutle to/from the airport.