Reviews of Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam 4 stars

Rusland 17, Amsterdam City Centre, 1012 CK Amsterdam, Netherlands

#97 of 449 hotels in Amsterdam

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Really helpful and friendly staff.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Pricey but they all are I guess. It’s not near the central station. It’s a fair walk so I would suggest the new metro M52 line and get off at Rokin.

Really helpful and friendly staff. I asked for a taxi to a destination I didn’t know, the concierge came back to me to let me know it was a shorty walk and he showed me how to get there. No problem holding on to my bags the following day. Nice big room and very quiet.

Great hotel, great times

Nothing I did not like

Contacted the hotel to see about dropping the bags with them before check in. The hotel gave us an upgrade to a suite and let us check in early. Staff were all extremely attentive and helped us make the most of the short time in the city.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Perfect vacation for a mature couple.

none

Location is superb for exploring the center/old town on foot. Reasonably close to museums and points of interest. The room was very comfortable in all respects, size, bed and other facilities. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Rooms comfortable other than shower.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very expensive with very little to offer for money. No swimming pool. Gym very basic. Shower in bath a thing of the past in my view

Rooms comfortable other than shower. Staff friendly. Easy check in, check out

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

very good location,good parking facilities in secure car...
    • Mezzanine Suite with Terrace

the only downside for my stay was the noise outside the front of the hotel keeping me awake until after 4 in the morning(people talking and shouting)

very good location,good parking facilities in secure car park under hotel, nice bar and very helpfull staff.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

IBC 2018
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The TV system allowed to connect to devices, but the connection was unstable and needed to reset very often. It is a nice entertainmen system, however would need some more development to work better.

The hotel is in an excellent location in Amsterdam, easy access to RAI, where the exhibition was. Although the location is great, the hotel was very expensive, much more than previous years. I look forward to stay there again next year, but only if price is more affordable.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Great location, comfy beds, kind and helpful staff
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

City center has a lot of coffeehouses, and so there's a distinct smell of weed. But if that doesn't bother you, no problem. The hotel, I should stress, did NOT smell like weed.

We'd been in Norrdwijkerhout for a conference, and wanted to spend a day in Amsterdam before returning home. This hotel is right in city center, close to Dam Square. The hotel was beautiful, the beds super comfy, and the staff unfailingly helpful. In fact, I wish I'd asked them right off how to get where we were going more efficiently.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

An excellent base to walk around Amsterdam central
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with Canal View

Access to the rooms in the building across the road is a bit disjointed and the walkway in the basement needs something to liven it up Query how a hotel of this size and organisation can run out early evening of the local gin it is loudly advertising ? Do they order by the bottle?

Great location ,efficient and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Thank you for the hotel have a special arrangement on the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Thank you for the hotel have a special arrangement on the room for celebrate my Mom's birthday. Both front desk and the concierge provide high standard services.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Great hotel, would use it again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bed was too hard, and you could slip into the groove between the two mattresses, where they were taped together. It needed another wastebasket by the coffee maker.

PIllows were great. Room was spacious (but we had the suite). It was also nice and quiet at night.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

A short stay, but packed in much art. Hotel comfortable.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning too noisy. Food too expensive - very small portions. Breakfast 25 pounds - too much for a continental breakfast (all I ever eat).

Comfortable, quiet rooms, apart from air conditioning. Hotel central, within walking distance of most things.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Not worth the price tag
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Very expensive for what you get i.e just a room and no view. I booked a superior double room but I’m not sure what was so superior about it. The window looked into the centre of the hotel over the reception area which was very disappointing when all of the photos on their website show rooms with external views. Breakfast was not included either which is a bit of a joke when you’re still paying 160 euros a night at the ‘cheap’ rate. Also the pillows were lumpy and uncomfortable (but that seems to be common throughout Europe). The hotel was nice but I wouldn’t stay there again. Unless you’ve got money to burn, I would recommend finding something cheaper and using your savings to actually experience all that Amsterdam has to offer.

Very clean rooms, good location (assuming you want to be near the touristy part of town), quiet and spacious

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Comfortable
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Able to connect to free Wi fi but unable to receive mail-not sure if my server connection problem or hotel? Would have liked more restaurants around hotel area Would have liked temp of room to be a little cooler-did not understand how to regulate thermostat Would have liked extra pillow(s) in room , and perhaps extra blanketd The shower/tub difficult to negotiate and can be dangerous for those who have difficulty with mobility No tub mat-rubber in tub- asking for trouble!

Overall hotel stay very easy and comfortable Loved bed ,pillows, tv and nespresso machine in room

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Pleasant
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms balconies overlooked the reception which was weird and created some background noise - it was not so bad at night though and we could actually sleep through the night.

It was actually quiet - so hard to find a quiet hotel in Europe!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Wonderful location
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with Canal View

The room thermostat either air con or low temp made the room cold. No shuttle service as listed on the facilities, only a taxi, which needs to be ordered at the desk. No fresh milk or uht only powered milk in the room.

Location was great, not too far from the central area, but a quite location. The bar is lovely and quant and the atrium is relaxed. Staff speak good English.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

if back in Amsterdam, I'll go back, but not by car !

I regret that the staff did not inform us in advance of the huge trafic problem in the area given the constructions works on-going ... so not really a surprise for them... it took us 1h40 to drive 1.5km... that's the only negative point of the journey.

We had a wonderful room, large and comfortable. Great breakfast choice. The parking facility is a must given the area. Staff is helpful and professional with a must for the lady that welcomed us at breakfast !

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Good option in Amsterdam
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

A little expensive for what is offered. The price was advertised as having a good discount but... breakfast was not included. I paid the breakfast at Booking.com but later received an email from the hotel with the option to buy breakfast... for a cheaper price than I had paid. I paid an updrade to a Superior Room but room was still so-so. The building where we stayed does not correspond to what is advertised on the photographs

Location is very good, which was the most important. Central without being noisy. Trams nearby. Very good location to walk Excellent bed and pillows. We slept very very well! Breakfast was very good Staff was nice and helpful. We managed to buy at the hotel tickets for some museums

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

The property felt old and dingy for the price we paid.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The property felt old and dingy for the price we paid. I did not feel it was a good value, and I thought the location was just ok. They called me a taxi to the airport, which turned out to be a van meant for 8 people. They did this simultaneously us and for a man traveling alone and two ladies. and I was charged over 50€ for a 15min ride to the airport on a Sunday morning in extremely light traffic.

Excellent Stay overall.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Not a major dislike, however, i would have appreciated more flexibility on the check-out day despite understanding it will fully booked most of the time, specially during weekends.

Most preferable/ recommended hotel in Amsterdam for me! High standard, very cooperative staff, even with matters beyond guest's stay at the hotel. Room is very spacious for European hotel standards, clean, tidy always well-maintained. Night sleeps are very comfortable and quite. The cherry-piece on this beautiful hotel in the heart of Amsterdam is the LOCATION, at a walking distance from all major attractions, shopping and vibrant streets, easy access to Metro and Tram stations, convenient location to a variety Food & Beverage outlets. Excellent stay overall, my hotel to go anytime i am visiting Amsterdam again!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Great location, comfortable and good to have terrace with our room.
    • Mezzanine Suite with Terrace

Check in staff and concierge could have been more cheerful for a hotel of this standard but otherwise all staff were good especially housekeeping.

Mezzanine suite was ideal for trip with my son,Very clean and spacious and nice to have small terrace to sit in morning and for nightcap.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Easy to get to all tourist sites from hotel - but public transport does not take cash only cards
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Although our room was clean, I had to request slippers and robes which should have been in the room when I arrived. There were no drawers in the room only two small shelves - we travelled light but if I had been staying for a longer time the lack of sufficient hanging and drawer space would have been an issue. The safe was so high up that I had to climb on a chair to make sure we hadn't left anything in it when we left.

breakfast had a good selection of both hot and cold foods. Location was a 5 minute walk from the central Dam Square. Rooms and public areas were all very clean. Reception staff were exceptionally helpful. Hotel shop also sold 24 & 48 hour tickets used on train/bus/trams. The wake up call worked well. Bedside lighting was good but the room lights were dim. The shower was in the bath but a rubber non-slip mat was provided as well as handrails. Coffee machine and tea facilities were provided. They only have powdered milk in the room but the staff at breakfast will give you fresh milk to take to your room. Beds were comfortable and bedding good - non-feather pillows and duvets can be had if requested.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Fine but bad due to late checkout policy
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Wanted a late checkout and they wouldn't give ,e one as you were busy. Find it hard to believe in a hotel that size that this couldn't have been arranged for me.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

2 nights in Amsterdam
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The night time reception staff could’ve provide better service to customers in cue by making her phone call short and not let customers wait too long

Spacious room and decor, comfy bed. Convenient location

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Good location, hard time to park my car
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The only thing i hated about the hotel that i booked and requested a parking before i arrived ( this is the only reason why i booked this hotel, the private parking). But when i checked in they told me thier is no parking availabe its full. I parked my car like 1 km away from the hotel and walked back. I didnt feel comfortable parking my car very far from where I stay. Because thier is many cases in garage parking where they broke and stole stuff from car. The next day i parked in the Hotel Parking, and it was very small, maybe it can hold 5-6 cars only. And it cost me 55 euro per day, in booking it mentioned 50 euro.

Good calm location near the dam sqaure 8 min walking. Comfortable bed and clean room. Nesspresso machine in room. Guys if you want to stay in amsterdam and you dont have a car, this hotel is perfect for you. Plus its cheap price comparing to other hotels.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Great location and such gorgeous rooms.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Great location and such gorgeous rooms. A very cute feel to this hotel and will definitely be coming back as it’s right in the centre of dam square but in a nice area that isn’t too busy and loud. Perfect location

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Lovely hotel and very comfortable. Not that close to transport or attractions. Expensive.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Large flat screen TV didn't work but wasn't too concerned about that. Only one lift working and because hotel was so busy, on one occasion we had to wait 15 minutes before we could get down to reception. Need to time your breakfast slot as difficult to find a free table. Front desk Concierge gave us incorrect travel information on 2 occasions - check in staff were much more knowledgeable. We booked this particular hotel on the basis that it was close to the museums, it isn't!! Its a good 7-10 minute walk to the nearest tram stop and then a further 10 - 12 minutes on the tram itself, which in Amsterdam terms is quite a distance! The hotel was also incredibly difficult to find. Not one of the tourist guides who are dotted around the City had heard of it, none of the tram staff could tell us which stop we should get off at. Even the cycle shop which was, we later discovered, only 100m away, didn't know of its existence. We were also led to believe by the photo on the hotel website and on booking.com that it was located on and overlooking a canal. It is not!! Its down a side street and, from what we understand, none of the rooms have a canal view.

We both agreed that the beds were probably the most comfortable we've ever slept in, huge size, gorgeous bedding and just perfect mattress. Bathroom was luxurious, room was larger than booked as we were upgraded due to our original room not being ready. Hotel was very busy but we couldn't hear a single sound once inside the room. Nice view over inner courtyard. Breakfast was fabulous, huge variety and you could also order omelettes/waffles etc. to be cooked for you. Staff were attentive and helpful. Nice bar and free tea and coffee in reception.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Not recommended for those who enjoy attentive service. At check in, the attending staff took a call half way the check in process. The call took 7 minutes. Then told us the room is not ready. She could have told us early or mid call. But apparently we were not important There were multiple incidents were the other staff was absolutely dismissive and disinterested.

Great location. Quite. Clean room. Comfortable bed.

Old-style hotel not worth the price.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

As it happens with all old-style hotels of the same kind, rooms have moquette on the floor, that makes it not that hygienic after all. Some spots of previous showers were visible on the bathroom's floor. In general, the building needs some really deep and committed cleaning. Small and narrow window (only one), not even possible to open it completely. Not at all what I was expecting for the price I paid, I have to admit.

Acceptable breakfast and really kind staff. Central location, can go anywhere in 5 to 10 minutes.

Beautiful hotel, great location and staff, but the beds could use some padding
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Two issues plagued me though - it was freezing in the room and the heating didn't really go above 21 (I know, this is usually sufficient for people but I like a v warm room). It was still cold in the morning. And I found the bed very uncomfortable - if you are the 'love sleeping on a slab of concrete' hard bed type you will be fine, but the bed was very hard and uncomfortable from my perspective.

TO be fair I literally was just here to sleep after a late flight and leaving very early for meetings the next day. The hotel is beautiful though and I wish I would have had more time to have a drink at the bar at least!

Good hotel for a night or two.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Standard room was very small, and the bathroom was the smallest we had all vacation... We did not have the breakfast, as it was 32 Euros. Very overpriced". The restaurant was very good and a nice break from the crowds in Amsterdam.

Great location and luxurious rooms but be prepared to pay for it!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Price was very expensive for one nite stay it was almost 300 euros and even thought it was really nice I don't feel it matched the price

High ceilings and immaculately clean. Bed was like sleeping on a cloud. Staff was extremely accommodating and sent my baggage up to the room for me. Breakfast was a luxurious spread of fresh juices, freshly baked breads, and hotplates. Great location to the city center and surrounding restaurants/shopping. Would definitely stay here again.

Awesome stay, awesome staff, awesome rooms, quiet, awesome breakfast.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

You can't not absolutely turn off the a/c unless you call the desk for them to shut it off remotely. You have to insert your key to turn on lights (for energy efficiency, great idea), but it seems to re set the a/c every time. You can open windows so it's a great property that way.

The location is perfect, yet quiet. It's architecturally beautiful. The interior design is beautiful, it's modern, efficient. I would have to say one of the top hotels I've stayed at and I've stayed at the Ritz in Paris.

Nice location, very clean, very comfortable, It exceeded my expectations. I had no bad experiences.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything was perfect for us.

Everything is amazing, it exceeded my expectations. Very clean, very comfortable, the area around is very nice, amazing location, the staff is friendly and my brother loved it. It was his first time in Amsterdam and he really enjoyed it. The experience were perfect. 100% sure I would go there again.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

It could have been better
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Too cramped..and a tub for bathing..didnt expect it to be so cramped..the rooms too had tight views and hardly space to move around.. The worst was the toilet

Bed was good and lots of sunlight

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Very pleasant 2 day stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The toilet bowls in the rooms are old and a bit smelly, it is recommended that they are renewed.

The location is very convenient, close to Damrak street, main station. rooms are a good size. The staff are nice and helpful.

Overall a good stay

the staff appointed for cleaning up the room was inconsiderate of the belongings of the customers as the laundry bag we had kept on the table was thrown away as trash and delayed to make up the room after a day of extensive sightseeing. The breakfast spread does not incorporate hot dishes for vegetarians.

We had booked a Junior Suite to accommodate three people and the room was quiet spacious to accommodate three adults. The location of the hotel is convenient and 500m away from the nearest tram station.

all of the comforts of home at a great price in a superb location
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

nothing! i was all excellent!

the staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome. i mentioned in advance that it was my son's 13th birthday and there was a lovely handwritten note and party blowers waiting in the room which was a lovely surprise. the lobby is spacious but also inviting, it feels like my own living room at home. the business center was very well appointed and even had a hole puncher and stapler for documents that mightiness printing. the location is phenomenal. i've stayed there before and would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

A comfortable and pleasant stay.

There is a "coffee shop" (where people go to smoke dope) right across the narrow street from the hotel... Walking out from the hotel in the mornings with our kids was very off-putting because of the pungent smell of marijuana.

The hotel is nicely positioned in Central Amsterdam, with most city attractions within a short walking distance, anything from 2 - 10 minutes. We loved the bar / restaurant De Pastorie, and you have to try the bitterballen, a Dutch delicacy. A good selection for breakfast kept the family happy every morning. Very close to many good restaurants.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Excellent place for Amsterdam tourist visit
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Ventilation systems seems to be a little bit noisy.

Excellent location. Very friendly and clear. Cannot evaluate the restaurant as we were eating outside. Very comfortable bed. Free coffee and tea in the room.

A great place to come back to after an exhausting day in Amsterdam.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was nothing I didnn’t like

The whole experience was wonderful. A great place to come back to after a day full day of sight seeing. The helpfulness of the concierge was extremely good ; we never left the hotel without our map and stopping at the desk first. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Nice but expensive stay

Just very expensive for a 4 star hotel - in fact, would have been expensive for a 5 star!

Very nice breakfast with excellent service - eventhough it was really very busy. Lovely omelettes!

Centre of Amsterdam, VERY convenient!
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

Staff are very friendly and helpful, had a small problem with the bathroom door in the room we checked in. They kindly changed our room the next day. Clean and cozy rooms, love the natural light coming through the windows.

Best weekend ever!
    • Ruyschen Suite with Canal View

Could not fault a thing with this hotel. If you can, upgrade to a suite! We there for 3 days and wished we could stay another week! Unbeatable position! 5-10mins walk to everything you could want!

Good location and sleep.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

"Safety deposits" taken which you need to sign on at check out minus the city tax, making the whole process bit lengthy

Location is perfect, close to busy areas but quiet enough outside. Rooms big and comfortable beds.

1- The amazing staff, extremely nice and helpful, from...

Im referring to room 151 1- The room furniture was not in good shape specially the bed 2- Wash sink design was too close to water tap so you dont have enough space to wash your hand and installed far from the edge 3- there was bad smell from pillow 4- light switch on the bed back board not practical

1- The amazing staff, extremely nice and helpful, from reception up to each single staff. 2- superior breakfast, quality, variety, quantity and the above standard ataff service. 3- you feel home 4- great location

Location was perfect.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Expensive for the value and breakfast was not included in the price and we found out only when checking in. Used to always having breakfast included. The view from the room was of the patio and not the canal. The booking was also not clear on that and for the price assumed we would have the canal view. Important to inform about laundry services. This is very expensive.

Location was perfect. The staff friendly.

Try a different hotel next time
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Some staff were lovely others I felt looked down on me bit snooty so too say, Unfortunately the air conditioner in the room was broken we were unable too turn it off even with the window open it stayed on. It turned itself off an on all night An kept us awake what a nightmare! Upgraded too a premium room with balcony room it’s self was lovely although pillows were very soft An would not be suitable for a lot of people. Also was missing a dressing gown.

The hotel was in a brilliant location, clean an tidy also. Breakfast was extensive an excellent.

Clean, modern, comfortable exactly what you expect from a...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Pricey even for a radisson blu in terms of food and drink however, Amsterdam itself appears to now be as expensive as New York these days!

Clean, modern, comfortable exactly what you expect from a radisson blu

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

location , staff , rent a bike , bar , fast check in- check...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

need promotion for customer if staying many times like late check out and special price for suite or upgrade i hope to be that

location , staff , rent a bike , bar , fast check in- check out my best hotel in amsterdam

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Wanting to add one more night, the manager at that day...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Wanting to add one more night, the manager at that day 09-8-18 morning said that we are fully booked, I told him i can find on Booking.com he said no way, i found and booked it in front of him. He was rude and didn't even smile or at least reply me when i said thank you.

Great trip

Loved all.

Location was perfect! Nice comfy beds and pillow. You could reach anywhere within 10-15 min walk. Lots of good cafe’s and restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Nothing infact .
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There was spl request on booking.com and i chose it to surprise my wife with a bouquet of red rose and i got email from property that this request is approved and free of charge. wats worst is my wife was charged 35 euro for bouquet wen check out by the hotel staff. and they din even bother to check if i can pay for that. They spoiled everything. despite enails and frequent calls , Lesa and ither gentleman did not respond anything. I have called 7 tyms for 4 mins each and its ISD. I wudn recommend this property at all for such unruly behaviour.

Nothing infact .. I booked paying at peak but the treatment of guest is awful..

Great stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Does what it says on the box - you can't go wrong with Radisson. We were looking for that Radisson touch for our last night in Amsterdam and the team here sure provided. The front office team were kind enough to extend a late check-out for 15:00 although they were fully booked! Thank you so much, means a lot, especially since we were feeling ill before the flight. The location is spectacular, it can't really get more central than that. We just walked for hours and hours without feeling the time passing by. Very polite staff.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Birthday Celebration
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Booked this for my husband as a surprise and it certainly didn’t disappoint. I emailed the hotel in advance to see if they did anything special for birthdays. We arrived at the hotel and they knew we were celebrating a special birthday and they gave us a free upgrade on our room. It was amazing. They even left a card on the bed and streamers. 😊 The staff are always polite and most helpful and breakfast was plentiful. Not got a bad word to say about our stay whatsoever. 👍 Keep up the good work 👍

Great location, the canal view is a must, spacious room with lovely decor and natural light.
    • Premium Double or Twin Room with Canal View

The bathroom floor had not been cleaned properly during my 2 night stay. There was a sweet melted on the floor with a human hair on it which stayed untouched up until I left. The cost of the hotel was also overpriced which would put me off returning again in the future.

The bed,linen & pillows were lovely.

After a long haul flight Radisson Blu were able to check me...
    • Premium Double or Twin Room

After a long haul flight Radisson Blu were able to check me in early which made me very happy! Cheers for Peter-Paul for helping me with a room that busy Sunday morning.

Deceptive picture
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The building with the logo from the pic shown on the homepage isn't actually the hotel. The hotel is a bit further from the canal.

The location is very close to de wallen and very quiet.

We had wonderful stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed is really comfy, room is clean and spacious, great location, good breakfast, friendly staff. We got the card to congratulate us for our anniversary when we arrived in the room with popper etc, very nice touch.

Hotel in the Amsterdam centre
    • Mezzanine Suite with Terrace

The suit is in 2 levels and aircon works only for the first level (even there is open space from first to second level). When outside is +33, then you can imagine, that to sleep in second (roof) level, where is sofa bed, is quite impossible. The suit rate per night is not couple hundred EURs, but more. That is why I counted missing aircon at second floor as minuse. On top of that, somewhere in between bookings, was lost information, that we are 2 adults and one kid, but that was very quick solved by the reception and thanks for that.

The hotel is really in the centre. They have own parking place (55 EUR), as to find space on the streets is quite difficult. We traveled with family of 3 members and to get better comfort, we booked Mezzanine Suite with Terrace, overlooking Amsterdam roofs - I find this as very nice. In the room you have all for comfortable stay: toiletries, ironing equipment, bathrobe and as bonus: mini bar free of charge. Beds were comfy as well. Staff was very, very friendly and helpful in all areas.

Room #539 is gorgeous if you don't mind the stairs...

everything was perfect

Room #539 is gorgeous if you don't mind the stairs inside the room. I highly recommend to ask for this exact room if possible.

Friendly and professional/helpful staff;
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The ‘cool’ in-room breakfast was quite basic for the price. Some fresh baked bread would’ve been nice for example and a variety of jams;

Friendly and professional/helpful staff; Surprised to find a quiet room in the center of Amsterdam; Very comfortable beds; Clean and nice looking room; Location is excellent; Best hotel experience of the whole trip!

A very comfortable city hotel in the heart of Amsterdam
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Fabulous city hotel excellent location. Very good choice at breakfast. Our room was very comfortable and a good size. Having travelled by car it was good to know that there was a private and secure garage.

Keep. It. Up!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Mini bar was empty and dirty when we checked in. This is in no way a big problem but just a heads up to the staff to avoid this in the future.

Great place if you re visiting amsterdam with ur parents: cosy, relaxing and great central location.

I paid the full amount by my credit card and I received a sms from my bank but still they deducted from my card even when I am at home .. that’s not fair

Comfortable, clean and super friendly / professional staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Well it should have been perfect for the money, but there were a couple of nit picky things missing from the room. Really nothing too much. Breakfast was way overpriced. No big deal just go somewhere else for breakfast.

The location was great and it was much better maybe even great considering the place we originally booked. This was a last second change and extremely grateful that there was room for us.

It was a wonderful start to a long vacation and we would highly recommend the location and hotel.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Everything was wonderful. Did not eat dinner at restaurant but did eat very good breakfast and also took advantage of Hotel bar. Rooms were wonderful and very modern.

The location is great, the Hotel has been updated, rooms are very comfortable, very clean, and spacious. Breakfast was very good. Hotel held my suitcases since they could not do late check out and were very helpful for restaurants, museums, public transportation, and all tourist questions.

nice, medium level hotel but doesnt worth the high price of it
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

poor water pressure in the shower, the double bed isnt a real double bed, it's 2 singles connected with some velcro...

clean, comfortable bed, good wifi, great costumer service, great location, with in few minutes walk from several centers of the city.

Great location, clean and comfy room
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We checked in during the morning and we were told to come back later as the room was not ready (we knew we'd be arriving early so it was acceptable). When we came back later, the whole process of receiving the keys was quite long since it was done with a trainee and there was no one next to her to help her. Breakfast was very nice but quite expensive for what we got.

- The bed was very comfy :) - We were celebrating a birthday, so hotel stuff arranged for balloons above bed and left a nice greetings card. - A bag of Stroopwafel - Dutch wafels - was waiting for us in the room (don't know if it's beacuse of the birthday or is it for everyone) - They were very tasty :)

On the hole we had an enjoyable stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

we had two rooms in the hotel both of which had wall paper showing signs of pealing of the walls also the toilet bowls were stained not very clean. Not too happy at paying a premium price for a room in this hotel and still having to pay for the mini bar I'm not just talking about the alcohol I'm including soft drinks as well.

Breakfast was good,fresh food,helpful staff. Although there was trainee staff on duty at reception when checking in there was no hold up or problems. Quit happy. The location of the hotel is perfect, within walking distance of most tourist attractions

Great place to stay in Amsterdam.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There really wasn't anything we didn't like.

We really loved the property and it was a nice experience booking through booking.com -- about a week before we were to arrive we got a message asking if we'd like to consider a room upgrade or anything else special. We opt'd for the room upgrade and breakfast. The room was in the second tour and was excellent. Plenty of room for luggage, a great bathroom, and even an Nepresso machine for a quick afternoon pick-me- up. The breakfast was also excellent as others have mentioned. We would definitely stay here again if we find ourselves in Amsterdam.

Excellent room.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms not ready on time but except for that it was good. Repair of bathroom needed to be better at that cost though.

Excellent room. Breakfast absolutely fantastic

Not like other Raddison hotels
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

i recd an offer from the hotel which said for 20 odd Euros they will give premium room and breakfast. I paid this amount but they didn't give breakfast.

Staff was helpful .

They have to change the pillows I still have pain in my neck !!! Air conditioner wasn’t cold !

Staff was helpful .. very good location .. great breakfast

Great position, clean, efficient but lacking something
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room was in a separate building across the road - linked by an under-road corridor - and involved lots of lifts to and fro. Upgraded to a Premium room but to be honest it was a little disappointed in it - though the room was cool and calm with large windows, the bathroom was very small and unimpressive, the shower lacking any power.

Comfy beds, perfect position in Amsterdam - close to the centre but not overrun with tourists. Good breakfast buffet. Efficient concierge booked airport taxi very cheaply for us.

Great central, safe location with very good and friendly staff to help you enjoy your stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing really to quibble about

Great central location with very helpful and friendly staff. We arrived hours before check in and were provided with access to the spa facilities to freshen up before we set off to explore the city. Concierge and front desk staff also courteous and full of information. As is the case with all Radisson hotels, breakfast was excellent - fresh with lots of variety. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Browse Radisson Blu Hotel, Amsterdam traveller photo gallery