Reviews of Hotel De Zeven Heuvelen 3 stars

Cranenburgsestraat 23b, 6561 AM Groesbeek, Netherlands

#5 of 5 hotels in Groesbeek

• Studio (2 Adults)

The wasn’t cleaned properly the 2nd day.

We came back for the second time within six months and enjoyed our stay. The facilities are excellent as well as the room which includes a kitchen.

• Studio (2 Adults)

The fact that they put us in the same corridor as two entire soccer teams , who partied the entire night until 5 in the morning, and there was not anyone in the reception at night we could call to complaint about the noise, the two teams completely terrorized us and the other guests, i don’t understand why they didn’t put all these guys together in a separate part of the hotel, and not put us in the middle of them, we didn’t sleep all night and ended up havng to call the police to end this ordeal,

The wellness center and spa are very nice

• Quadruple Room

We were 4 people, but I had to book a room for 6, because all the quadruple rooms were booked. The downside with the Family rooms, is that the have a loft which is accessible by a narrow and steep ladder (4 of the beds are up there). That probably will be an obstacle for older people.

I basically spent most of the days away from the hotel traveling and used it only for sleeping. WiFi access was included in the price and as far as I am aware there are no extra charges for the gym and the pool, although I didn't use them myself. There is a big open parking next to the hotel for the guests, accessible without extra charges. Nijmegen is very close to the hotel by car!

• Quadruple Room

Our room had extra single beds upstairs. The stairs were very steep and not ideal with young children as the steps were small and winding. Next time I would make sure we had everything on one level.

This was our second time here as it has a great gym and pool. It is only a couple of hours by car to the ferry so makes for an easy last night stay!

• Studio (2 Adults)

Dirty toilet, no hairdryer, no extra pillows and lack of more healthy breakfast items such as sugarfree müsli , fresh fruitsalad

Light room, swimmingpool, friendly staffel stay

• Quadruple Room

Curtains very thin which meant a lot of light got into the room early in the morning which woke me up.

Good two bedroom apartment which is great for families. Fantastic swimming pool and sauna, steam room which is included in cost. Good wifi. Grapevines outside reminded me what a special part of the Netherlands we were in.

• Quadruple Room

Family room had 2 beds in an alcove which was really stuffy and hot - there is a window but it doesn't open (probably for safety reasons). Thankfully the main room had 2 doors to balconies so we could let lots of fresh air in. A coffee-filter machine is supplied but without filters and coffee so that was a small disappointment. Instant coffee was supplied. Our room (312..I think) had a partition instead of an internal wall between us and another room so we could see their lights and hear their TVand voices which did bother us as we went to bed early. The deal did not include breakfast, for which you have to pay a fixed price of €10 per person (even for children!) which I think too expensive.

Great for sports people as there are full fitness facilities, swimming and a tennisclub next door. The reception staff were very helpful with recommendations for museums and there is a lot of information via leaflets and local booklets etc. our family room had lots of space! 2 balconies and a kitchen area which is great. Beautiful countryside and this hotel is located about 700m from theBevrijdingsmusuem.

• Quadruple Room

we arrived at 14:45, were told the room was't availeble yet, and had to wait for over 1.5 hour before we could enter the room.

the rooms were more than comfortable. Wifi was good and here was a good view from out the room.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Classic Single Room with Balcony

Impolite staff Actually the first time in my life I got service like this - I called in the morning that I want to come 2 hours early so they (already in phone not to helpful) I explain that I need terrible only sleep after over 24 hours of no sleep!!! so he explain me that from 13pm it will cost extra 20 euro I agree with this. I arrived at 13:45 and 1) the room - was not ready 2) I needed to wait extra 20 minutes 3) I went in to the room at 14:05 pm 4) now the joke comes he tell me I do you discount and it will cost only 10 euro where is the discount I do not understand 5) In the room the refrigerator door was broken 6) the dishwasher was still working I could not fall asleep 7) I left upset the hotel at 18:30 pm

Nothing was there to like!!!!

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Studio (2 Adults)

Would be nice to have a restaurant on site. Some noise from bar late at night

Friendly and helpful staff, great gym and pool. Kitchenette meant we could cater for ourselves

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Studio (2 Adults)

*arrived from USA 1/2 before check in was told by a young man the room was not ready. housekeeping note indicated it was clean and unoccupied for the past 2 days. *I have stayed here before and did not realize how small the room I was in was. 2 single beds vs the description in the reservation. *VERY noisy above me and below me. and 3 of the nights next to me. loud people. * could also hear the fitness people and their special classes. * it sounded like glassware and keys clanking through out the day as well. house keeping notified the front desk. it went away for a few hours then resumed. felt very confined and irritated by all the noise and the neighbors patio outside my bedroom noise and smoke I had been here 2-3 times before. this was a big disappointment.

pool when it wasn't reserved. the steam room was nice but getting a funky smell to it.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

• Studio (2 Adults)

We prefer a double or queensize bed. Television didn't work. W've missed a salad of fresh fruit with the breakfast.

A beautiful location, but we had no view from the room.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Studio (2 Adults)

I was disappointed with small (tight) beds. Beside of that it was not possible to open window in the bedroom, meaning bad air-ventilation. Rather "old" furniture and other equipment in rooms. Poor offer of beers at the hotel bar.

Quiet and attractive surroundings, interesting hotel location. Unfortunately we didn't have enough time and opportunities for other experiences with facility and hotel staff as well. In general the impression was OK.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Mattresses were a bit too soft. If you come by bus you need to drag your suitcase about half a kilometer to the hotel. Taxis come only from Nijmegen so there is a 30 minute wait for a ride. Breakfast starts at 8:30am which is late if you are going out for the day to meetings. There are no restaurants but if you walk to Grosbeak (about 20 minutes) there is a lot of food to choose from. The hotel does not provide shampoo or conditioner so bring your own.

Beautiful location, peaceful, quiet, good facilities including pool and gym. Very helpful staff, always with a friendly smile and willing to assist. Breakfast is good.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Quadruple Room

Everything was great, pool can use a bit maintance on the ceiling but its not that big of deal.

Nice hotel, we had a great stay. The guy at the desk was friendly and had a great smile, i like to see that. Somebody that likes his work.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

• Quadruple Room

Not so clear Some furniture was broken The safe was not secured to the wall/closure Dark in the room in evening, all lamps were not enough.

Location Pool, Sauna

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Studio (2 Adults)

no insonorization at all. You hear everything from corridor, other rooms and outside. Some dangerous coat hanger tool installed at eyes level...

Swimming pool, gym, clean room, nice and helpful staff, standard breakfast

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

• Quadruple Room

The pool area smelt of urine in one area and it was very strong, so we avoided that corner.

Large spacious self catering apartment. Very pleasant reflection staff.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Quadruple Room

Location in nice and quite place. Room was extremely comfortable for a family of 4 (2 adults 2 children). Accurate and Clean. All appliances on place. Recommend!

• Studio (2 Adults)

The beds were separate. Would have been better if you could link them together.

Location, facilities were good.

• Quadruple Room

Having to pay for towels!! and breakfast not included considering the price!

Pool/spa

• Studio (2 Adults)

Great pool and gym, we were upgraded to a lovely appartement. Beautiful area, go to the Bevrijdings Museum.

• Quadruple Room

We found it a good place to be for a couple of of days. Great fitness facilities, spa and pool. The staff were very nice, and helpful.

• Studio (2 Adults)

I like that the bedroom is separate from the living and kitchen area

Rooms weren't properly cleaned

• Classic Single Room with Balcony

Excellent place for a break.

• Quadruple Room

in balcony we found some trash. nothing important :)

not far from nijmegen

• Studio (2 Adults)

Number of pillows, a few extra would be nice. More convertable chairs would be nice as well.

Fitness, swimmingpool

• Studio (2 Adults)

Easier access to pool are via the lift.

Lovely pool, big room.

• Quadruple Room

The room we got needed so much fixing and could use a remodelling.

Close to shopping areas.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Quite noisy, you hear every door opening/closing and people talking in the hallway outside your room

• Quadruple Room

Room was clean but not spotless.

Comfy bed, good location when going to concert in Nijmegen by car.

• Quadruple Room

Nice apartment. Lots of room. Good for family.

• Quadruple Room

A lil bit too hot in the rooms..

Breakfast was good, enough parking places, big room with kitchen and balconies.

• Studio (2 Adults)

Room with kitchen and balcony, pool,country setting

• Studio (2 Adults)

Rooms were dated, floor was broken, beds of low quality and no airconditioning (was very hot in the room)

Nice location

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Quadruple Room

dirty room,curtains,all room not fresh,,,but I taked "early check in", I was there 5 hours too early,maybe it was the reason.....

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Studio (2 Adults)

Staff was friendly,warm and so kind.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Studio (2 Adults)

Nice apartment type hotel. Quiet place. Close to German border.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

area wellness e fitness

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Studio (2 Adults)

Cleanliness - previous occupants' waste not cleared from room, even when we reported it.

Spacious rooms, good facilities.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Studio (2 Adults)

There were no towels in the wellness

The people were really friendly

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

• Quadruple Room

size of the room was great and the fitness facilities were Wonderfull

Reception hours limited

Room was nice. Beds were comfy and the kitchen was perfect for preparing quick, inexpensive meals. Fitness center was great.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

The showers did not drain properly as they were not properly cleaned. This made taking a shower a rather dirty experience.

Very spacious rooms

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

• Studio (2 Adults)

Big rooms, good gym & pool, close to town centre, balcony

• Reviewed: 12 March 2016

The teperature in the room was to high to sleep comfortable and no possibility to proper ventilation.

Lot of space and a complete own kitchen and spa for visitors.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2016

I was there some times years ago and did not have a bad impression, mostly because of the fitness center, which is the only reason why to pay an overvalued hotel far from the city and a room which is not bad but really not special. This time, despite it, it was the last time for me there. We checked in at 19:00 and were asked to pay in advance. It did never happen to me there before, it is ok, but really always leaves me a bad feeling about the place. We had to go out for dinner and the lady at the reception confirmed that we may use the fitness center the day after . When we came back we found a ticket at the door with something written in dutch about "warm water" and "onze excuses".. we supposed and actually it was that there was no warm water, so we could not take a shower. OK, it can happen. Soon we found out that not only the warm water but even the heating was broken, so that in the room was very very cold ( it was 1° outside). We did not find any extra blanket and had a very uncomfortable night, but OK , it can happen. In the morning the lady at the reception told us that unfortunately in some part of the hotel the heating was broken ( I do not understand then why you did not move the guests in the other part , with heated rooms - maybe full - but really I did not see many guests there ) and that we can use the fitness center where warm water was working ( thank you , it was already our plan one day earlier). We came back from fitness at 10:50 and just packed all our stuff when at 11:05 a lady who should clean the room suddenly came in. I asked her to wait 5 minutes , we were just closing our bags. She probably did not understand , OK it can happen, and the lady from the reception came to the room , asking us to leave, because it was already after 11:00. Usually the check out time is at 12:00 but OK at 11:00 can happen in some places and I told her that we were leaving. She insisted telling we have to leave immediately and became rude.

Fitness club

• Reviewed: 3 September 2015

Be sure that you carefully checked all room equipment because they tried to charge missing stuff which never been in the room :-)

Good facilities for sporting activities and relax.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2015

Really delighted at the level of service, friendliness of staff and availability of facilities. If they can keep the prices down, then I'll definitely be back, God willing.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2015

On checking in we found that a mix up with systems had cancelled our reservation, Friday could be rectified but Saturday was fully booked! Having checked on return have received confirmation from booking.com. No air conditioning which was problematic in freek 40c heat wave!

Despite terrible mix up, the hotel sorted chalet accommodation for us near by, fine with us as we were there for short time. Lovely pool and breakfast.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2015

It was very hot on our visit so no air conditioning or fan made it uncomfortable. And the window in the bedroom did not open so that room did not cool off very well at night.

The rooms were amazing. Large, spacious, included towels, soaps, dishwasher. The pool and sauna facilities were also amazing.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2015

Fridge broken. Replacement fridge was placed in the bathroom. In apartment the staircase was very steep and not very sturdy. In pool are ceiling panels missing

Friendly and helpful staff, great pool and leisure facilities.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2015

Staff is very junior. Bar and breakfast is very basic. Rooms resemble hospital rooms. Bicycles were not in good condition and reception did not have an adequate pump for the tyres (we had to pass by the local bike store to get air in all tires).

Free access to fantastic gym facilities and swimming pool. Very well located

• Reviewed: 12 April 2015

Lobby closes after 10 PM after which access to room goes through a dark alley and a back entrance

Sensational location in very nice surroundings ideal for hikers and bikers. Great value for money. Clean room. Additional kitchen provides option to make your own breakfast

• Reviewed: 27 January 2015

Microwave on kitchen counter didn't leave much space. Storage of sharp knives in a low easy to open cabinet isn't ideal for traveling with small children. Television reception wasn't that good, we tried watching a movie but it kept getting a white screen because of poor reception.

Very big apartment, with an excellent bathroom. Loved the shower and floor heating. Good pool as well, did not use the fitness area but it looked very nice. Great location.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

The food was limited

Unfriendly staff not very helpful

• Reviewed: 11 August 2015

Best gym I've ever seen in a hotel

• Reviewed: 27 July 2015

peaceful and pleasant,easy check in ! over all very pleased.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2015

Easy, convenient and to the point

• Reviewed: 7 June 2015

Just coming back where I fell OK :-)

• Reviewed: 30 May 2015

Has everything to keep you informed of the cityscape and a gymnasium second to none. Good for a holiday away from the city

• Reviewed: 15 May 2015

We loved the location. Shopping within walking distance. Great cooking facilities. Loved the pool and gym.

• Reviewed: 17 March 2015

Walls are very thin, so that 'neighbours' can be heard very well

Spacious appartments - clean - very friendly staff

There are also 17 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel De Zeven Heuvelen traveller photo gallery