Reviews of Hotel Roemer Amsterdam 4 stars

Roemer Visscherstraat 8 - 10, Oud-West, 1054 EV Amsterdam, Netherlands

#136 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

Absolutely amazing staff
    • Souterrain Double or Twin Room

Totally great team, I feel like I am with my family. They go to the next level and an extra mile to please the customer. It is my number one stay now I will always come back. Secure, 5-star bathroom, comfortable bed and pillows. Cozy restaurant with lovely backyard. Spectacular location, in the middle of everything. Very convenient. Near bus, tram, supermarket, shops, cinemas, casino, restaurants, creek trips, flowers street and the Dam.

Friendly staff, nice hotel, will return.
    • Executive Twin Room with Whirlpool

Wasn't really gone on the honesty bar, sometimes it's nice to sit and relax in a conventional bar with a large selection of drinks.

Nice hotel, good location to sites and attraction, very easy to get to from central station quick tram ride and short walk.

Great location!
    • Souterrain Double or Twin Room

My room was a deluxe room and nice, but it was in the basement underneath the checkin and you could hear every noise as people came in and left. Tried to change rooms but no other was available, and staff didnt seem too concerned when I addressed it.

Great location! Comfy room.

Loved it!
    • Executive Twin Room with Whirlpool

The instructions to use the air conditioning and the washing machine were not clear

This is a great place, it’s near a wonderful food hall, short walk to great coffee shops. On tuesdays and Friday’s you can shop at the farmers market. You can rent a bike , go to the movies and the library all a very short walk. I was looking stay there again.

Overrated but nice location
    • Deluxe Double Room - Annex

I was asked for a credit card as "guarantee" even though the room had already been paid in full. I was also asked for my personal email address with the promise that it wouldn't be used for spam and then I received a spam-like email immediately after checking-out. The room was in the top floor and there was some construction waste on the roof next to the room. The room was situated right next to the cupboards with towels so there was a lot of commotion going on during the morning. There is very little sound isolation between the rooms - we could hear our neighbours in the night. On top of that, our wall literally shook when they slammed their door, so much so that the TV (that was hung on that wall) was vibrating for another 5 mins afterwards. Temperature fluctuations in the shower - wife got almost scalded.

We got a room on a higher floor as requested. The location is very nice - exactly between Leidseplein and Vondelpark. Everything reachable on foot. Bus for the airport stops nearby. Quiet street.

Great !!
    • Deluxe Double Room - Annex

The staff could be a little more friendly. They were pleasant. The French guy was great but the woman was professional but not friendly.

The hotel is in the middle of everything !! Perfect !!! I had a deluxe room which is located in the build across the main hotel !! I have nothing but positives

The young people at the front desk were so helpful and...
    • Deluxe Twin Room - Annex

The young people at the front desk were so helpful and friendly answering questions, getting taxis, etc. The hotel is close to many great places.

Great location, comfy room, breakfast overpriced and staff need to listen more.
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

The reception staff tried to take money out of my 50 euro deposit for no reason. They asked me what I had used out of the mini bar I told them a bar of chocolate and a diet coke. They then gave me 11 euro back. I questioned it and was told it was city tax, I told them I had a receipt to show I had already paid it but they wouldn't listen. This went on for about 10 mins before I received the correct amount of money back which was 41euros. They need to listen to the customer we are not stupid.

I liked the location very good. The room was comfortable and the bathroom was nice.the pastries at breakfast were nice.

They went above and beyond to make it extra special for my...
    • Small Double Room

They went above and beyond to make it extra special for my partners late birthday present and also put out roses on the bed for valentines which I requested over email. Very friendly staff and made my trip that extra special. Tram journey away from the main attractions nice quiet area would stay again! Jacuzzi bath is really nice too!!

A really pleasant hotel with great facilities
    • Small Double Room

Breakfast not included and expensive

Big room, comfortable bed, modern look, friendly staff, very clean, very easy to check in/out, location, air con/heating

Excellent,enjoyed every moment
    • Small Double Room

Shower pressure could have been a it stronger.

The location was perfect. The style and decor of the hotel was fabulous. Loved the balcony in the room. Bathroom was excellent

Lovely hotel with very friendly and helpful staff on thing...
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

Lovely hotel with very friendly and helpful staff on thing was the room seemed dusty and bathroom wasn't cleaned to my standard so had to ask them to give it a once again.

Decent stay at a well located hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room - Annex

The room needed to be cleaned more. There was a bit of build up in the shower/sink area and there was a balcony with the room but I couldn't use it because it was completely flooded (even when it wasn't really raining). Also bits of the room was still dusty.

The staff were quite helpful and the location is very convenient. For a cheap hotel, it is good price quality.

The Room.
    • Deluxe Double Room - Annex

This was meant to be pay at the property, I was planning on paying the full balance of my room on arrival. I ended up going back and forth with “ Pre-Authorisation “ payments before I got to the hotel and after I left the hotel. I ended up paying out about €800 instead of €479 and I’m now awaiting refunds of the Pre-Authorisation. This was very messy and confusing.

The Room.

Nice hotel,loooking foward to come back again :)
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

Noisy staff on hallway...

Room looks very nice indeed,bed is very comfy and I slept like a princess. Bathroom is big n spacious. Great thing is light adjusting in room so no need to get out of bed to turn it off but also it can be lowered down :) Driver to the airport that I had was very nice as well.

The bed was extremely comfortable and the pillows made me...
    • Deluxe Double Room - Annex

The fire alarm went off at 3:30am on the night of our first stay, which was fine and completely acceptable however when we went out the next day i was surprised that not one member of staff apologied for the inconvenience. Also when we booked we were told that we would be staying in the Annex suite but when we arrived we were just put in the normal rooms.

The bed was extremely comfortable and the pillows made me feel like I was sleeping on a cloud.

The bed was very comfy.
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

The hotel did not put us in the room that we booked on the first night which was disapointing because I spent more money to get a nicer room but did not have it.

The bed was very comfy.

You won’t miss anything really.
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

I booked a room with a jacuzzi but they put me in a room without one. I had to asked for it then I got moved to a new room with a jacuzzi. The problem is that the bathroom doesn’t have a heater the floor are so cold (in mid December). The air con also didn’t work very well to keep me warm. WiFi connection is horrible or hopelesss.

Location of the property is good.

Comfortable, private time away from it all. A lovely part of the city to stay in.
    • Deluxe Double Room - Annex

Steep access steps from pavement/street level up to Annex building front door, not great for the mobility impaired/those with heavy luggage. Although Annex building does have a lift once you get inside.

Comfortable bed and pillows, contemporary decor of a good standard, powerful shower complete with monsoon/drench shower head, plenty of hot water. Bathrobes were a nice touch. I stayed in the Annex (a building just over the street from the main body of the hotel) private access via keycard with no reception. A deluxe double (room 44) that included a small private balcony! Location good, nearest tram stop Leidseplein, 5 min walk away, in a quiet leafy part of city. (Oud-west)

Traveled for our thanksgiving holiday, my husband myself and...
    • Quadruple Room - Annex

Traveled for our thanksgiving holiday, my husband myself and our three children who are 5,3 and 1. Very convenient location, we were able to walk to everything we wanted to see! Quick 20 minute ride from Schiphol Airport. The beds were by far my favorite part, the employees we encountered were so friendly, helpful and very accommodating.

Nice hotel, just dont stay downstairs!
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

Stayed downstairs in hotel in the premium rooms, that happend to be next to the maids cleaning rooms due to being here in the morning it was very noisy with staff laughing, crashing around and somtimes shouting. The double bed was two singles pushed together. Ps the aircon was broken too.

Very big beds, lovley rooms.

Centrally located, cosy and comfortable hotel with easy...
    • Triple Room - Annex

Centrally located, cosy and comfortable hotel with easy access to museums. Staff were all very friendly and pleasant. Would stay in this hotel again when we visit Amsterdam the next time.

Made our trip to Amsterdam a holiday to remember
    • Deluxe Double Room - Annex

Everything was perfect apart from not a lot of storage for clothes. but wouldn't put the room down for that!

The hotel as a whole was lovely! The location was perfect as it was very easy to get to all the places that we wanted to see.

Misleading and dissapointing
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

The room was a lot smaller than it looked in pictures , it had an overwhelming smell as we arrived and looked like it needed a good clean . There were ring stains from the glasses around the bathroom sink on the marble when we arrived , and even after we'd been out and came to find the room had been "cleaned " dirt , dust and marks were still there . You can blatantly tell it just gets a quick hoover and bed change . As for the breakfast - i would of been embarrassed to serve that for dinner , the beans were basically hard and crispy . And for £17 euros each a day the whole thing was a sham . Dont waste your money .

Location was the main postive to this hotel , the whirlpool bath was also enjoyable , but was spoilt by the unclean bathroom.

I would stay there again.
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

The room is pretty small and could use some additional fixes; chipped corners, scratched floors. Also the room cleaning didn't happen before 17:00 so we had to skip it sometimes.

The bed and pillows are ultra comfortable, the balcony and the jacuzzi were great additions! Everybody was polite and professional.

Excellent location in beautiful accommodation.
    • Deluxe Double Room - Annex

The only thing was the two single beds pushed together to make a queen. I kept on ending up in a gap! We didn't want to say anything as it was too much trouble for something really small!

The hotel was beautiful, just as before! The staff are very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The hotel is just outside of the very busy Leidseplein however it's quiet and tranquil.

Nice trip but expensive.
    • Small Double Room

For the money I expected more, would rate this hotel as a 3 star. The room was very small and situated at the front of the building. It could do with double glazing as it was sometimes quite noisy.

The location was good, easy walking distance to most things. Nice breakfast.

Excellent stay, would recommend and would stay again!
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

The bar is a self service bar which wasn't terrible but just a little different and also they were quite limited on drinks. The breakfast was very expensive hence we had to go elsewhere for breakfast.

The bed was amazingly comfy and huge!! I liked the boutique sense within the hotel. The decor was great and the jacuzzi bath was a huge bonus!!

A lovely hotel to stay at with a lovely welcome.
    • Deluxe Double Room - Annex

Being under the restaurant meant you had moving sounds as the room is directly under the restaurant. The room cleaning trolley was placed outside our room. We had an early flight so sleeping once we got to the room was a little noisy.

The room was joined to a lovely outside garden meaning you had your own private outside space with a table and 2 chairs.

Excellent stay in one of the comfiest beds ever
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

Beautiful luxury room with a balcony. The hotel is situated in the center of Amsterdam in one of the beste area's, walking distance from Leidse square and The Pieter Cornelis Hoofdstraat. The staff was very friendly. There is a beautiful garden where you can enjoy your breakfast or a drink in. The afternoon. We were verry happy with the large bath and one of comfiest beds ever.

You can get a nice room- but check syraight away. The bathrooms are nice but design errors with show
    • Executive Twin Room with Whirlpool

First room- ground floor between elevator and kitchen entry- should only be for hotel staff n not guests. A young team working there- forgot to empty bin on 2 occassions.

My room- after i requested change

No comment
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

I expected something more from a boutique hotel. I'd to change room because it stinked and because of humidity. The other room was tiny. I've booked another topology of room

Terrible room. Nice enough staff. Look elsewhere.
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

we were placed in a room downstairs. My girlfriend and I not-so-affectionately began to call the room "the dungeon". Barely any natural light. Staff were not able to put us in another room.

Nice staff

We had a comfortable stay. It took us a while to figure out the area so perhaps a little more info
    • Deluxe Double Room - Annex

The breakfast should be included for the price we paid per night or at least something offered for less as 17 euros is very expensive.

The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The location and room very cozy and quiet.

Not the best!!
    • Family Room - Annex

Holded £240 then wanted to take another £240 then refund the money on hold...lots of messing about at reception...walls in bedroom was filthy could do with washing or painting maybe..would not stay again can find more value for money in amsterdam than this place

Very good location

Very friendly staff and excellent location.
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

Staff were excellent and although there was a problem with the room allocation to start with, did their utmost to make amends. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. Great location, friendly staff, nice rooms.

Good area to stay in Amsterdam!
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

Room is a bit worn out, was expecting very new standard from the images, but it was clean enough.

Very friendly staff, very helpful. Loved the location - off track quiet place but so close to museum area and the Vondelpark. Rented a bike from hotel for a day to explore the city "Amsterdam" way - absolutely loved it!

Very unprofessional and way over priced
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

The room was very noisy , there was people in the room above making a lot of noise and when I called the reception to complaint , the woman who came to the door was very defensive and she was knocking on my room door impatiently , even when I shout it out to wait until I put some cloths on , she was still knocking in a very obnoxious way ,and she didn't resolve the issue , and she had to tolerate the noise for my time there . Any the thing , they Over charged me to book another night , and they even took 50 euros depends which Iam still waiting to get it back , I will never use this hotel again .its horrible

Location is good

We had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the patio outside our...
    • Quadruple Room - Annex

Need to improve for the choice of breakfast. Not convenience for those who carry stroller and heavy luggage.

We had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the patio outside our room. Staff was excellent and so helpful with all our questions. The central location a short walk from museums, hop on, hop off buses, restaurants, and grocery store was perfect for us.

great staff make up for the shortcomings
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

Firstly the room we booked was not available. The room we got for the first night had dirty cups and balcony. The room also needed redecorating. The suite they moved us to for the second and third nights was on the top floor, nice size, nice decor but the bath was dirty on arrival and it filled with cooking smells from breakfast.

Location and it has character, staff were good and manager dealt with us promptly when there was an issue

Just don't go there
    • Quadruple Room - Annex

Everything, start in from the poor overpriced room, the stuff, the fact that they don't have enough room keys (?!), that they have only one cleaning lady for all the hotel, etc. etc.

The location, but, on the other hand, it's not them..

Not recommend
    • Family Room - Annex

The family room is very smal. It's not a family room but a standard room with double bad and 2 floors bad. The lader was very high and it was dangerous to climb and go down. We were asking to do check out 1 hour later but the manager ask 15 € got this hour. It wa rude ! I don't recommend about this hotel.

The location The stuf were friendly and helpful.

Not recommended..
    • Deluxe Double Room - Annex

In general it was not a good experience, can not get parking for the car easily. The closest parking was 4 minutes walk. Smelly in the toilet The room was on the underground floor, and inconvenient by passersby and cars

overall a pleasant stay with no hiccups, comfy beds, safe area, nice staff and good location
    • Deluxe Double Room - Annex

bathroom could have been cleaner, we requested a room with a balcony, but this was not honoured, we were given a room at the top, very warm at night, and lucky there was a good aircon system in the room because you cant open the windows.. if i was booking again i would definitely want a room with a balcony.

The Beds were amazing, staff very friendly and helpful, good location if you want to be away from the red light district, quite at night, no noise from trams etc, quick walk to rembrandtplein, right next to vondelpark, easy enough access by public transport from airport. it was myself and my partners birthdays around the time we travelled and they had balloons and a welcome note in the room upon arrival, nice touch.

Could do with a refurb
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

It used to be an amazing hotel, but it needs a refurb now. It all looks pretty old and tired. Rooms in the basement smell damp. Rooms upstairs are very hot. Pillows are low quality. Carpets need replacing. There's no body lotion in the room, just body wash. Receptionist was moody (the guy at night was great though!). All in all not as it used to be.

Immense yet friendly, good for couples
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

When we arrived, the toilet had a scrubber still in it and other odd indicators that maybe someone never completed their cleaning task.

The bathroom was immense with a huge whirlpool and a separate dual shower stall. The room was in the basement with windows showing literally foot traffic on a quiet street. This was actually endearing. The room and bed were also very large. The staff were friendly.

Spacious room, great location
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

Shouldn't complain because we had 2 showers and 1 bath but one of showers did not work. Staff were very loud in the mornings moving things around outside our room and talking very loudly.

Spacious rooms with a Nespresso machine! Great location.

Good hotel in a convenient area.
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

The furnishings are looking slightly tired but don't let that put you off staying here. The executive rooms we had were larger than I expected.

We stayed in Hotel Roemer for 5 nights recently. The staff were great and sorted out any problems and requests that we had, from moving us from room 16, after one night, which was just above street level and neither I or my husband were happy with that, to giving me some ice for my sore and tender heel. The beds were very comfortable. Plenty of hanging space and shelves.Complimentary coffee & tea was available. Our second room, no 21, faced the court yard/gardens with a balcony which suited us much better. This room had an iPod dock and our first room didn't, unless I missed it. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel as we went 5 mins away to a cafe called 'Bagels and Beans' which was lovely. There are a couple of small supermarkets near by and other shops north of the hotel on the street called Overtoom. We went to a typical dutch restaurant nearby called 'Hap Hmm' on a couple of nights which is nearby. No reservations taken and only cash (but we did see someone pay with a card) and only open between 5-9.15pm. Last food orders at 8.30pm. Also can recommend Gollem's Proeflokaal ' just over 5 minutes walk away on Overtoom for a great selection of draught and bottle beers and food is available as well - we had the hamburgers. We got the bus, 197, from the airport and bought return e-tickets online. We got off at Leidesplein and walked behind the Marriot hotel to Hotel Roemer which only took a few minutes.

The bed was confortable, which was the main priority for me!
    • Deluxe Double Room - Annex

Room keeping could be better ie coffee/tea was not replenished, bed wasn't changed in 3 nights The bathroom had a strange, unpleasant smell like moss or humidity (but it was clean) The room in the basement, right under the reception was loud -lucky I sleep deep!

The bed was confortable, which was the main priority for me! The bathroom was big and nice The room was of a good size and nicely decorated The staff was helpful, attentive and just lovely!! Restaurant and sitting area with good décor and ambiance Honesty bar to help yourself at anytime was great Great location, 5 mins to Hard Rock Cafe, around 10 mins to City Centre and main shops

Close location to the museums.

When the second room was ready, the other two in our party checked in even though it wasn't the right room. The "executive room with whirlpool" and sitting area turned out to be a family room with some bunk beds in the corner!!! Very disappointing.

Super nice woman at check in, nice guy at check ou. Only one room was ready so we took that one and off we went to explore. Loved the location.

We asked for a cot for our baby but the cot we received had...
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

We asked for a cot for our baby but the cot we received had a hole in the side. We found the cot pushed up against the side of an arm chair in order to cover the hole. The mattress was not firm enough for a baby and very uneven. The baby's head sunk into the mattress leaving her legs higher then her head (being the heaviest part of her body). The sheets were coming undone. Sheets and mattress need to be firm for a baby or this can be potentially very dangerous. Besides that, the hotel was nice.

Perfect!

not applicable

This hotel has me coming back to it all over. Great and friendly staff and the facilities so clean and space efficient. The breakfast buffet included was awesome. So happy we choose this hotel. My friends all share the same comments. We will stay here on our next visit.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Great hotel overall
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

The staff forgot to clean the room one day, another tried the enter while i was still in the room without knocking

Jacuzzi and terrace, location is also quite ok, calm neighborhood.

Sophiscated Hotel in great location away from stag dos and Hen Parties.
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

My only disappointment with this hotel is that the internet speeds were terrible. On several occasions when trying to view maps or websites to check where we were venturing out that day the internet was non existent. A minor issue which I'm sure could be easily addressed in what otherwise is an excellent hotel.

The location of this hotel is perfect. The Leidseplein Square is no more than a 5 minute walk away with a choice of Bars, Restaurants and public transport that takes you further in to the heart of Amsterdam. Museum square and Vondel park are 5-10 minutes walk and several canal tours are on your doorstep. The street is upmarket and quiet and the hotel is clean, modern and rooms are extremely spacious. If you're visiting Amsterdam as a tourist you couldn't ask for more.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

My family have two wonderful night here.
    • Family Room - Annex

My family have two wonderful night here. The location is great. Not only Very easy to explore the centre of Amsterdam and museums, but also easy to go to the airport. The bed is big and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

a nice hotel to stay in Amsterdam
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

1. Very weak WiFi signal, almost no internet was accessible. However, thanks to the neighbouring hotel, which has very good WiFi coverage with free access, it really saved us 2. Bathroom was not very well ventilated, so when jet-bathtub was activated, it was very hot in the room. There is a small window in the niche of the bathtub, but opening of the window is restricted 3. A bit far off the city center (about 20 min of walking) 4. too expensive

1. Very good bed 2. Excellent bathroom - spacious, two types of shower, jet bathtub - very nice for relax 3. Clean room 4. Descent breakfast 5. very polite staff

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Nice hotel excellent location, frienly and helpfull staff.
    • Deluxe Twin Room - Annex

Paintings on the wall in our room were ghastly! Very modern art liberally placed round the hotel some is very nice too.

Extremely helpful staff. Excellent restaurant in sister hotel round the corner 1 minute or less walk away. Park very near is pleasant.

Thought it was over priced for the state of the room service; However, the staff were friendly.
    • Quadruple Room - Annex

The room was not ready at 15.00 as advertised. We had to wait till nearly 16.00 before we got the room. There was opened packets of fruit left in the room refrigerator. The room generally did not look like it had been serviced properly. There were empty complimentary boxes in the bathroom( Shoe shine , shower cap etc,

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Pleasant but Pricey

No shampoo or conditioner - had to take hand wash into shower. Room had some damp with peeling paint and wall paper. Although fine, I thought the hotel was a bit pricey for what it was

Beds were great.

Great location and very pleasant
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

cleanliness of bathroom breakfasts need work bathtub too deep sink too shallow

location, location, location staff room but not bathroom/shower bed was fine

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Executive Twin Room with Whirlpool

We booked 3 nights in an executive room with a spa bath. The room was large but below ground level so unable to look out of windows. The spa bath didn't work. For the 3rd night we were moved to another room with a bath that worked. This room was described to us as a junior suite but the room was small and crowded and the bathroom tiny.

Location good. Beds comfortable.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Exhausting towards the end of my trip.
    • Deluxe Double Room - Annex

The air in broke in my room and blasted 40C degree heat into the room during the night. I woke up parched and feeling ill. No windows in the room, so i had to sleep with the door open, didn't feel safe. The guy that came to look at the dodgy air-conditioning that night couldnt believe the heat coming out of it. He said that he would arrange arrange a new room for the next morning. But it couldn't be done until 12. We waited in the hotel until 12 only to find that the Staffa hasn't been notified and there was no room. Which wasted a while morning in Amsterdam for us. We did eventually get a room but there was no WiFi then. In order to use the WiFi i had to go out into the middle of the street to use the WiFi for the other building. Eventually sitting on a cold doorstep in the middle of the night to check into my flight. I was exhausted in the end because of the terrible nights sleep i got the night before. I asked for a discount, even for the night where i hardly got a wink of sleep. But the hotel refused. All i got was two bottles of water to make up for how dehydrated i got on the night the air-conditioning broke.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

A nice stay with a terrible end

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Great and quiet location of a comfortable hotel.
    • Deluxe Twin Room - Annex

Large room. Nice garden for fresh air; very good breakfast, Internet free. Public transportation key point to everywhere, still in walking distance up to Damrak st. (15 minutes). Nice small and quiet street on the edge of Vendelpark and the museums squire.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Hotel Roemer had some system issue and when I got there my...
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

Hotel Roemer had some system issue and when I got there my room was not available. They have been very kind in moving me to the very close hotel Vondel Hotel and they offered me breakfast for the inconvenient. Hotel Vondel was just perfect, location is one of my favorite in Amsterda, staff very friendly, room very nice and clean and breakfast is super.

Great location and great for price!
    • Deluxe Twin Room - Annex

Booked a twin room got given a double. Wasn't an issue as was with my sister so didn't say anything. Could hear people going in and out of their rooms and up and down the stairs.

Great location, walked everywhere! Staff were very friendly allowed us to leave luggage before check-in and after. Bed was very comfy.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

I did not realize I would get a room in the sous-terrain,...
    • Executive Twin Room with Whirlpool

I did not realize I would get a room in the sous-terrain, which does not matter. But all day and all night long (nearly) there was noise from overhead. Holderdebolder we hebben een koe op zolder. Are you elderly enough to know that song??? Also, all the controls were high, made for very tall people .Instructions for the bath would have helped.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

The hotel staff were extremely friendly.
    • Deluxe Double Room - Annex

I thought the hotel was perhaps a touch on the expensive side for the facilities it offered.

The hotel staff were extremely friendly. The location was good in a nice, quiet street but near enough to all the amenities and Vondelpark. The bed was absolutely massive and comfortable. The staff even sent on property we had left behind for which we are very grateful.

Bed was super comfy,you ll definitely sleep like a baby and...
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

Bed was super comfy,you ll definitely sleep like a baby and also the location is great,you are litterally in the heart of Amsterdam s nightlife and you do not have to worry about the noise . Pass my regards to you staff,they were all friendly.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Lovely little hotel

Nt much wardrobe space

Ecellent location and friendly staff who all spoke English. Bedrooms were airy and robes were provided. Well stocked honesty bar.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Nice staff but a bit run down hotel
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

Cleanliness. The place didn't seem clean at all. A bit run down, too.

Whirlpool bath. Staff were excellent. They were nice, professional and seem to take good care of guests. Bonus points for good humor and great English skills. Location was good for me, but I went for a nearby conference.

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

Excellent stay
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

Me and my girlfriend had a brilliant time and wouldnt change anything.

The beds were very brilliant. The bath was excellent and the coffee and tea options were excellent.

Clean hotel, excellent staff and good breakfast
    • Deluxe Double Room - Annex

The room I was sleeping was below reception, so you could hear footsteps especially when there is a big crowd coming in and out at night. Otherwise, there is no problem.

The hotel location was great, staff were friendly and always happy to help. Room and bathroom was clean.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

Fabulous and clean boutique hotel with super-nice staff
    • Executive Double Room with Whirlpool

While the whirlpool bathtub is awesome, the shower head is in a bit of an awkward position, which led to some contorting to not spill water all over the floor. All in all, not a big deal.

Couldn't have been more happy with this hotel. Staff was lovely, location is excellent, bed was super comfy. Some rooms come with a spectacular courtyard-facing balcony which is (was) not listed as an amenity on their booking.com listing. Honor bar and free printer in the lobby is a really nice touch.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Its all about the location..
    • Deluxe Twin Room - Annex

No gym and lighting within the room was a little bit dim.

Great choice of food for breakfast, clean rooms and staff were very polite, friendly and accommodating. Excellent location, very close to museum, transport, restaurants and attractions.

Browse Hotel Roemer Amsterdam traveller photo gallery