Reviews of Hotel Sebel 3 stars

Prins Hendrikplein 20, The Hague City Centre, 2518 JC The Hague, Netherlands

#28 of 39 hotels in The Hague

The staff was great and really helpful no matter what...
    • Small Single Room

The staff was great and really helpful no matter what questions i had. The room I had was clean and comfortable. The view was amazing and the evenings watching the sun setting down were lovely. My room was small but I travelled by myself so it was enough. I guess there are other parts in the hotel where rooms are different in size. I loved the area! It is quiet but everything you need is just around the corner and you reach the center within 10min of walking. Piet Heinstraat - which is literally right around the corner - has become my favorite street in the Hague. Check out the Crunch Café and all the other cute little restaurants. Thank you for staying. I‘ll be back in two weeks :-)

Successful blend of traditional and modern
    • Small Double Room

No air conditioning (fans provided when hot)

Really good breakfast from organic products. Romantic views from the room, good location, stylish Art Nouveau neighbourhood, friendly staff.

Hotel Sebel was great!
    • Standard Twin Room

Hotel Sebel was great! Awesome location and friendly staff. They upgraded us to a sweet for free! What a treat! Would definitely recommend Hotel Sebel!

terrible

no lift, room at the top of the stairs in a separate building, no-one to help with luggage, no staff when I left no breakfast when I left, absolutely not what was advertised

the hotel is inn the middle of major refurbishments, the alarms went off every 30 minutes

Free coffee!
    • Small Single Room

The elevator was broken and I nearly broke my back carrying luggage downstairs. The wifi frequently did not work.

Free coffee! The staff was friendly, kind, and helpful, e.g. helping me plan trips by tram, giving information on places to eat and visit, and storing my luggage after I checked out. The view over Prins Hendrikplein made me feel part of the community, and the room felt like a little apartment rather than a hotel room.

nice area but to expensive for what you get
    • Standard Double Room with Balcony

The whole room and bathroom felt quite old and not so much taken care of: wallpapers already getting jellowish, some tiles and fugues in the bathroom with cracks... In general you could hear a lot of noises: Room was located close to the breakfast room and you heard the kitchen area in the morning. Additionaly you had the cleaning of the hall in the morning and you could hear a lot of the talks and the tv from the next room... In total it felt way to expensive for this stay.

The Hotel is in a very nice neighbourhood with a lot of cafes and Restaurants and it is just around 15 minutes walk to the City centre. The staff was very friendly and nice. Roomsize (we had the double with terrace) and bed were comfortable.

we will come back!

the location is the main point. you are close to the beach, the center. And even if the walk from the Central Station is like 20 minutes, you get to walk through the major parts.

Amazing room with lots of space and a terrace.
    • Standard Triple Room

A bit far from the city center.

Amazing room with lots of space and a terrace. 2 tables and kitchen. Free coffee and tea throughout the day, even if we hadn't paid for breakfast. Very friendly staff. Totally recommendable!

Great location but quirky to the point of dangerous

Lift completely terrifying. Bathroom with high and slippery access to bath shower and dangerous unexpected step into bathroom. Do not stay here if you have fear of heights or falls!

What we expected for rating and price. Would use again.

Bit of street noise but only for two nights before we were moved.

Staff were lovely - very helpful. Big double bed. Street noise was an issue at first but we were moved as soon as I pointed it out. Over a mile to center but lovely routes and close to tram stops.

Great location, lovely room!
    • Small Single Room

No complaints at all! Great experience!! Make sure to tell them though if you can't do stairs because some of the rooms are only accessible by stairs. It wasn't a problem, just something to be aware of!

Great hotel in a nice location! No complaints!! Room was nice, bathroom totally served its purpose. Good desk area!!

Great stay, I would visit again!
    • Small Single Room

Bed was too soft, but that is just me. Also breakfast is identical every day.

Free coffee and tee all day long. Also the little jams are available 24/7 for a midnight snack.

Nice clean hotel plus a good location for easy access to the centre

Ground floor room - but this was quiet and secure

Good location only a 5-10 minute walk to the centre and public transport. Clean and warm rooms and all facilities worked fine, good free WiFi and our stay included unlimited coffee during the day and early evening. We didn’t have breakfast here so cannot comment, we used some of the local cafes which were excellent

The Staff was friendly and helpful

The room was a bit small and the bathroom big but not well decorated/ valued. Towels were a bit old and nothing to take care of yourself (including kleenex) expect soap. And the stairs far too steep. There is no proper elevator in the hotel.

The Staff was friendly and helpful

Wonderful stay at the Sebel in the go-to Zeehelden district made our weekend in Den Haag
    • Small Double Room

The staff was very attentive and really did accommodate us as quick and as much as possible. We had a spacious room with a nice view over Prins Hendrikplein and a beautiful and clean bathroom. The furniture is a bit worn out and you will hear noises through the Wall, but the hotel has a lot of atmosphere and is located in the hip Zeehelden district and provides much value for a good price.

The rooms were lovely - I found the beds a little soft for...
    • Small Single Room

The location is not optimal - it is a bit far from public transport if you are travelling with lots of bags. Otherwise.... it was awesome :D

The rooms were lovely - I found the beds a little soft for my taste, but not so soft that I was unable to enjoy my stay! I think most people would feel like they are sleeping in a cloud :D The rooms and bathrooms are in excellent shape - some of the old interior decor was still visible in my room, which gave it an authentic charm!

Clean,spacious room,lovely staff,a wonderfull time at Sebel!
    • Small Single Room

Clean,spacious room,lovely staff,a wonderfull time at Sebel! Good central location,Igloo center and Central Station at a few minutes` walk,overwall a great trip to Hague! So glad i chose this location,additionally whilst travelling from abroad,had some fabulous help from the Receptionist,5/5 STARS! Thank you!

I have been a loyal customer...and coming back! Keep the rates affordable please!
    • Small Double Room

bit noisy across walls - i could hear the person next door too much

like the feeling of being in a guest house with staff being warm and multi tasking, being very attentive

Nice place to stay in the old part of Haag

The furniture in the room is old. The lift is not comfortable and slow.

The hotel location is very good - city centre, Hendricks square. Private parking is 18euro/day. The room is big enough. The view from the windows is good. The staff is extremely friendly! Breakfast is good.

Awesome
    • Small Single Room

Location is good but not great in terms of how central it is. I only say this because I stayed for a mere 2 nights so did not have a lot of time to spend walking around. It took me about 20 minutes to walk to the city centre - it probably would have been quicker and easier had it not been cold and raining. Having said this, it's less than 10 minutes by foot to the Peace Palace which was convenient.

The staff were super friendly and accommodating. I had a huge and heavy luggage with me and of course many places in Europe don't have elevators so I asked reception upon check-in whether they could move me to a ground floor room and they did! I found the pillows really soft after my first night and asked if I could have another and was given a much better one immediately. The hotel also has a simple coffee machine that's available to all guests which was great as I drink a lot of coffee. I also liked that there was a small court yard to my room so I could have a cigarette whenever I wanted. I was in a single room and space-wise it was much more spacious than my other stay in Amsterdam. There are also a number of good restaurants and some bars around the corner. In all, Hotel Sebel far exceeded my expectations!

I do not recommend it.
    • Standard Triple Room

WC was dirty. Room was dark. We extended our check out for 3o min more, but when we arrived from outside, we saw that the stuff was cleaning the room without our permission!

The Location was good.

Finally they solved my problems with the advertised internet...
    • Small Single Room

Information on how to get to the hotel was a little incomplete. It told that in the tram it is possible to by ticket for a single transport, but did not mention that it is possible to pay only by coins what caused for me problem in the tram. The internet connection what was offered at the beginning disconnected all the time in my room, so I had to work Evening in the breakfast restoran. Next day at the reception they gave me another internet connection possibility, what was working, but it seems to me, that pesonnel did not know about this possibility the previous day.

Finally they solved my problems with the advertised internet connection and gave me a kettle for the very first request.

I had an extremely pleasant five day stay and would certainly use Hotel Sebel again and recommend it
    • Standard Twin Room

I had no issues - nothing bothered me!

Pleasant room right at top of building. Nice view over majestic roof tops & buildings. Great location close to transport and within east walking distance of centre. The whole area is filled with quirky little shops, restaurants and bars and the ambience is simply delightful! My son is living very close by!

Relaxing older property with excellent staff.
    • Small Double Room

They have a small breakfast available from around 8 Am until 10 AM. The hours could be extended to 11 AM.

Personnel went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. They always had a smile, saw the same staff often, they were easy to talk to and make me feel like I want to return.

A good value option in a central location

The hotel could do with decorating. The room was a good size but with rather dated decor.

Good central location, 20 mins from Centraal station by tram, and in a picturesque part of the city. Close to good restaurants and bars, as well as some interesting looking shops.

Very good
    • Standard Triple Room

The hotel's location was very convenient to discover the Hague. Before we checked-in, the hotel staffs informed us about everything and they replied our all messages so quickly. We choose the room containing separate kitchen, we could cook and spend free time in the balcony with an unforgettable view. The hotel's sanity was also good. Thank you Hotel Sebel!

Good location, in walking distance of the Peace Palace and...
    • Small Single Room

someone switched the TV remote and I could only use the TV using the buttons, even after I notified the hotel they couldn't find one that worked.

Good location, in walking distance of the Peace Palace and the city centre. Room was clean and good-size, staff friendly.

breakfast - there is hardly anything for vegetarians or...
    • Standard Triple Room

breakfast - there is hardly anything for vegetarians or vegans except cereals . atleast there should be a 1 or 2 items for people with this preference.

One night in The Hague

No parking spot available in the hotel. But the receptionist told us where to park for the night and also where to park for the next day for free. The breakfast was small, but cheap.

Big rooms. Good beds.

Hotel Sebel

Steep stairs so a bit tricky for older bones, but still perfectly manageable by going slowly. Good banister, so they are not scary.

Nice hotel, friendly staff, interesting area, easy to get to city centre by tram

Good location and amazing neighborhood
    • Small Double Room

Maybe it was too expensive considering our stay was without breakfast......

The staff was very helpful and friendly. If you need anything they help you asap.

Not the best quality, some rooms are old. But a good location and very helpful stuff

We had a broken shower. When we complained we were offered upgraded room, but it was very smelly and old. Therefore we preferred to stay in a room with a broken shower. The shower was fixed within few hours

Nice room with a good view

Nice location and helpful staff.

Nice location and helpful staff. They stored our bicycles for us. We stayed an extra night because we liked the hotel and The Hague in general. We could walk everywhere we needed to go.

Location was good, tram stop 3 min walk, across the square.
    • Small Double Room

When we arrived we were 3 floors up without a lift. Not so good for older travelers, but the next morning we asked if we could shift and we were put on the ground floor. Excellent service. The room was much cooler too.

Location was good, tram stop 3 min walk, across the square. Enjoyed our stay. The breakfast was really good.

Great for a short stay
    • Standard Double Room with Balcony

No mini-fridge, mattress and pillows too soft for my liking, no good restaurants (take-aways) near by. No air-con to cool you off in the summer. TV graphics were not as clear

We stayed in a room w/ a garden on the ground floor however, the garden was adjoined. Luckily, our neighbors kept to themselves and weren't too loud. We were able to smoke on the garden which was nice. There's a nice coffeeshop in the neighborhood, 1 down the street and 1 on Elandstraat. I would recommend the later. Name is "Green House III". The closest tram stop for this hotel would be Elandstraat instad of Van Speijkstraat (as indicated on their website). Staff were nice and willing to help. A large Albert Heijn supermarket is located down the street. But be aware that there is no mini-fridge in the room to store your items. The shower temperature and pressure was fine. The breakfast was simple but nice.

Room too hot to enjoy.
    • Small Single Room

Room was incredibly hot and impossible to cool down even with windows opened. No aircon. Basically impossible to sleep.

Good location, price for the room is acceptable.

Very sorry
    • Small Single Room

*reception was absence when we arrived. we had to wait for 20 min. *without elevator but nobody helped me *too small room (never seen before such a small room) *old and not clean facility

Breakfast was fine.

Just great!
    • Standard Triple Room

You have to use the stairs to get to rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floor, it can be an inconvenience for elderly guests, but it was fine with us.

Super clean room, fully outfitted with iron, ironing board, extra blankets etc, great view, really nice staff. There was a kitchenette in our room too, simply amazing!

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Good for a pleasant and not too expensive short stay
    • Standard Twin Room

The room had a smell of cigarette smoke, even though it was non-smoking. It felt like a smell accumulated on curtains and walls from previous years.

Very nice building, nice location and spacious room.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

I liked this property because you had a filling of staying...
    • Small Double Room

I didn't really like the elevator. It looks dangerous and uncomfortable, but with only 2 floors, you actually don't need it.

I liked this property because you had a filling of staying at home. It is really cosy and nice. We liked our apartment under the roof. It is really romantic. It also has a good location: 30 minutes to railway station and 40 minutes to the sea.

Clean and friendly but very basic room.

lots of hangers in the closets which was good because no drawers to put folded clothes away - either hang it up or leave in your suitcase. Very basic TV. Small thin towels in bathroom. No complimentary toothpaste etc. No dressing gown provided. Too few pillows on bed. In short a real lack of generosity in the room with the very minimum of everything provided.

attractive lobby/reception area. I chose Sebel because it is around the corner from where my sister lives. 15 minute walk to the center of town or take the tram.

Perfect stay!

Nothing, nothing, nothing!

Lovely room! We had quite big room for 3 with great, spacious tarrace where we could sit by the table and eat/drink/chat/enjoy the surroudings :) Bathroom was very nice also with bath tub. Comfortable beds, clean sheets and towels, kettle avaialble for team or coffee. Very nice stuff. We could buy the daily tickets (6.50euro) for public transportation in the front desk (it's most reasonable option, if you want to take a ride more than once - 3,50euro) We had lovely stay there, and both the hotel and city exceeded our expectations. I will be back there for sure :)

Great Hotel in a Convenient Location

Our room was on the second floor served by a very slow lift more suited to a domestic rather than a commercial environment but much better than the stairs, which were quite steep. On-site parking is limited and on-street parking could be expensive if on an extended stay.

Booked this hotel at short notice but still got a very nice double room with Kingsize bed and including breakfast for a bargain £85, despite the poor exchange rate. Both the bedroom and bathroom were well appointed and very clean and we were not disturbed by traffic noise despite being at the front of the building. Breakfast, served in a bright and airy room on the ground floor, offered a variety of bread, cereals and cooked items and, though a little limited, was ample for our needs. Great location close to the City Centre, which is about 15 minutes on foot. The receptionist was helpful in recommending a number of restaurants.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

not worth the price
    • Small Single Room

The room is tiny for the price. The soundproof is not very good as you can hear the cars and people from the street. The bed is small and not so comfortable. The TV did not work.

The staff are patient and hospitable. The bathroom is clean and tidy. The location is fairly convenient.

Very good hotel in the center of Hague
    • Standard Triple Room

Location is really in the center.Tram stop is 20 m from the hotel.2 stops and you are in the old town.Rooms are large and comfortable.Large bathroom.There is a heating in the room(if one needs).Breakfast is more than good for standart in Europe.Staff is very polite and helpful.

Good breakfast.
    • Small Single Room

My room was next to the street and tram line. There aren't so many people on the street, but the tram runs every 10 minutes, so people might find it disturbing. Everything was okay, but nothing exceptional. I had to squeeze to fit into toilette.

Good breakfast.

Clean room but very noisy.
    • Small Double Room

We booked a small double. It was on the 3rd floor and there was no lift. You could hear the shower from the adjacent room as if it was in our room. Each time a tram passed the building the room shook. We were slightly late checking out and were hounded by constant telefone calls to vacate the room. It was extremely stressful. Every other hotel I have been too in my life have always given a little leeway.

Great location. In the middle between the centre and the beach. Decent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

This was a quaint facility with comfortable, spacious rooms.
    • Standard Triple Room

This was a quaint facility with comfortable, spacious rooms. We had a great view of the nearby neighborhood and enjoyed the surrounding neighborhood - very convenient to explore den Haag for a few days. Very friendly and helpful staff, and a nice breakfast with something for everyone.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

No complaints!

The staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was upgraded so we had a terrace. We were able to check in earlier than expected: at 1pm (instead of 3pm). The room was clean, modern and bright, the bed was big and very comfortable and we had a rainshower - an unexpected bonus. The hotel was really quiet and yet only 20 minutes walk/ 5 minutes by tram from the centre. There are also some lovely cafes and restaurants and a small supermarket just round the corner.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

A pleasant , well located hotel with excellent staff and filling breakfast.

As you had mentioned stairs to our room on second floor were very steep and no lift in that part of building. Some of furnishings a little dated. Odd stains on carpet but nothing major.

Staff,esp Dora the receptionist , very friendly and helpful. Nearbye tram service to centre and station. Breakfast very substantial .

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Very decent hotel
    • Small Double Room

No lift with high and narrow stairs but not a big deal.

Staff were the nicest and most helpful. Place was nice and clean with room service everyday. Also there was a laptop and printer for public use.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Genuine hospitality, bang in the middle of town.
    • Small Single Room

maybe a small coffeemaker on the room would add to the already very homely atmosphere.

Excellent breakfast after a quiet and comfortable nights sleep. Very efficient and sincerely friendly staff. Will come again soon.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

perfect location for sightseeing-trip

Breakfast was very good with a wide selection, the hotel was near the tram and only 15 min per pedes from old-town, it is optimal for a sightseeing city-tour.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

We had a lovely room on the top floor with a great view.
    • Small Double Room

We had a lovely room on the top floor with a great view. Very cute. The only catch to this was you have to use the funny lift to get up to the level below it so you need to carry your bags up a few steps. This was all good for us but you it could be difficult for those with larger luggage.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Nice place, a little expensive for the real value. Avoid rooms on the street (noise from trams)
    • Small Single Room

1. rooms soundproofing poor (I was in room number 8 first floor), noise from trams and street was loud, also at night. Noise from other rooms sometimes 2. inside room the air was a little humid, two times woke up with throathake 3. no elevator

1. breakfast rich 2. location excellent, close to tram stop 3. room very clean 4. very kind personnel

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Would stay here again if visiting Dan Haag again in the future
    • Standard Triple Room

Accommodation clean and tidy and staff could not be more friendly and attentive. Helped with any concerns or questions and accommodated all our needs. Breakfast well worth booking as excellent, fresh large selection of goodies to set you up for your day.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Winter days
    • Small Double Room

Light was not sufficient. Especially in December when it is very dark in the morning and after 5 p.m. Our room had a small lamp in plafond and two small lights near the bed. It makes the amospere in the room a bit dreary.

The hotel is located in a beautiful old building on a cozy square. The tram stop and supermarket is 3 min walk from the hotel. Refrigerator is in the room. Heating can be regulated and windows can be opened. The beds are comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

More like a hostel than a hotel!
    • Small Single Room

one of our rooms was the smallest room I have ever seen in my life it was like a cell. No lift up to it and three flights of very narrow lethal stairs. The triple room had three beds squashed together. The room was dreary and needing a lick of paint and updating. Large framed picture missing of wall but black mark where it once hung. We had to put up with what we had as there was no option to move as the hotel was full. We feel cheated photos do not reflect room sizes and how dated the rooms are, when we mentioned this we were told that all measurements of rooms are on the website!! Be warned this hotel is more like a hostel!

Staff very friendly and place clean

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Art Deco hotel on a beautiful square in the city centre
    • Small Double Room

Upper floors don't always have access via lift! Tram is a bit noisy.

Nice dutch breakfast, with a lot of choice, the location is perfect, a beautiful square with a tram stop and nice bars and restaurants nearby. Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

Overall good stay in nice area!

- The blankets were a bit too small for the beds - Some noise in the morning from other guests using their bathroom

- Great location - Close to city center - Friendly staff - Great WIFI - Big bed - Basic but okay breakfast

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Comfortable and well located.
    • Small Single Room

The hotel is very well located and central to most of the tourist haunts in The Hague. The single room was comfortable and although quite basic it was very clean. All in all a pleasant experience.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Narrow space in the center of city.
    • Standard Triple Room

Bathroom was very nerrow, shower was bed to use - its rope often was touching me, staircase in the hotel was as alpinists ropeway - nerrow stairs were high as hanging slope.

staff was friendly. Breakfast was not bed.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Really good modest hotel in central The Hague
    • Small Double Room

Hotel can be noisy: ask for room at quiet back side. Most rooms require climbing (typical Dutch) steep stairs.

Very friendly staff. Hotel is located close to everything: restaurants, bars, art galleries, shops, peace palace, center, Scheveningen. Nice area to stroll around. Nicely renovated hotel with some smaller and some larger rooms.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Nice area, small room, but comfortable
    • Small Single Room

Small room, but comfortable, a weird water dropping sound was hearing every time someone in the rooms above me was turning on the water. Woke me up in one night.

Good location for what I needed, nice area with many restaurants, very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

No nonsense decent and clean place to sleep.
    • Small Double Room

I did not mind but climbing steep stairs in this hotel could be challenging for some. They have rooms on ground floor...

No nonsense decent and clean place to sleep. There is nothing unnecessary in the hotel. All what you need is there. Very clean and well maintained hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Comfort stay!!
    • Small Double Room

There was a bad smell in the bathroom of the hotel room. No action was taken even after informing the reception attendant. The hotel should also look at upgrading the furniture of the hotel rooms especially the television. Otherwise, the hotel stay was great.

The hotel location was excellent with 10 mins walking distance to the city center and a good connectivity to the tram network. The hotel staff was well trained and welcoming!! The room was comfortable, however, the climb up to the 3rd floor of the hotel was tiring due to unavailability of lifts in the hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Bad service, terrible breakfast and uncomfortable double bed.
    • Standard Double Room with Balcony

I ordered for a double bed in their expensive balcony room. The bed had two single mattresses combined and its not really possible to sleep in the middle. Some people order for a double bed to sleep on a larger bed. When I phoned the reception, they said they cant help it, because all of their beds are having two single mattresses. Just having cereals, and cold bread/cheese doesn't count as breakfast. They had scrambled eggs, and beans too. But the problem was with the quantity and the refill. When I asked for more fruits, because they were over, the staff said they dont have anymore. It was well under the breakfast time at 0900 and they always had limited breakfast. Having cold food as breakfast, that is bread/cheese and nothing warm except for the eggs/beans, wouldn't count as a breakfast at a hotel.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Good value in the city center of The Hague
    • Small Double Room

My room was on the third floor, no elevator available which is not so practical with a large, heavy suitcase, going over narrow and steep stairs. Room A/C was an old-fashioned mobile device, but it did its work, albeit VERY loud. I was really surprised I could still sleep.

Location is good, near the tram stop and very much in the city centre. Bars and restaurants nearby. Helpful staff. Room price is quite competitive compared to other hotels.

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Good value for money
    • Standard Double Room with Balcony

Friendly staff, clean, comfortable bed, nice garden terrace. Located not far away from the World Forum/Europol and City/ Railway Station. Tram stop nearby.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

The hotel is nicely located between the historical center of...
    • Small Double Room

The hotel is nicely located between the historical center of The Hague and to seaside, both reachable within walking distance. The rooms are confortable enough, but beware of steep stairs! The price/quality relationship is outstanding, and the staff is super friendly.

If you want to be able to sleep - don't stay here.
    • Small Single Room

Room located right across the road from a busy pub, above tram tracks. Trams rattling along the road every night, loud, drunk conversations outside my window, no pedestal fan or anything to keep cool, sink would not drain and to top it off at 1-2 am every morning, cleaners with high pressure water cleaners come along and flush out the tram lines.

Breakfast was nice.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Sebel on the park
    • Standard Triple Room

The rooms on the main road are noisy in summer when the windows needs to be opened. I would go back asking for the rooms at the back.

Lovely small hotel in a great location. Nice restaurants and bars in the streets near by. Antiques shops in the vicinity. Clean and tidy, the stuff is friendly.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Nice place to stay when you visit Netherlands.
    • Standard Double Room with Balcony

Air conditioning would definitely increase the comfort of stay, especially during hot summer.

I like nice staff, good location, room with great terrace. Comfortable parking, fast WiFi connection and a kettle and iron desk in room. Breakfast was also delicious.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Unsatisfied
    • Small Double Room

Very cosy rooms. Third floor with very strap stairs. No air conditioning and ventilation. No Value for money. Beds are uncomfortable. Very old property without any safety and security.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Very much at home
    • Small Double Room

The online booking price was very good considering it was high tourist season. The staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for me. I had a room in an attic on the third floor with the last flight of stairs being fairly steep. No lift.... not a problem. My luggage was taken up there for me without my even asking. Windows opened to let in fresh air and when closed, shut out almost all of the street noise. Although there was a crying baby next door, the walls were so thick, it didn't disturb me. No air con, but a standing fan was all that was needed to cool the room down. There was a fully equipped kitchenette with microwave and stove, utensils, cutlery, crockery etc in the cupboard. It was called a small double, but by Dutch standards, it was pretty roomy. What would their large double be...a ballroom? I had a great stay there, feeling very much at home and will definitely stay there again when I return to Den Haag.