Reviews of Shanghai Hotel Holland 4 stars

Kleveringweg 11, 2616 LZ Delft, Netherlands

#31 of 34 hotels in Delft

Great value for money. Felt like home.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The soaps provided were of Buddha for rituals. They should have neutral soaps which do not affect the religious sensibilities of others.

Service was great. Staff were eager to attend to needs. Room was very comfortable.

Nice European style breakfast in the morning.
    • Deluxe Double Room

It's about 30 minutes away from the city center by foot (or ~20 min by bus), not as close as other available options.

Nice European style breakfast in the morning. The room was comfortable and relatively spacious, and the hotel staff was polite and friendly. Overall a pleasant experience, I would recommend this hotel.

An excellent place to stay with an good bus service to Delft stopping near to the hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room

We like to sleep with a window open if it is hot and found the early morning traffic noise a little disturbing.

The very welcoming, helpful and friendly staff. We also liked the food in the Bund and especially the experience of eating in the Chinese Garden Restaurant - be careful how much food you order as we could not eat it all at lunchtime!

Good place to stay for visit to Delft
    • Deluxe Double Room

Only 3 coat hanger in wardrobe, Not very practical for two people for 5 day stay? Asked twice for some more, Request noted but not actioned. Hotel is on industrial estate outside Delft, near McDonald's. Not ideal location but Parking is expensive in the town .

Free parking. About 10 minutes walk to Bus stop. 30 minutes walk into Delft. Delft is not car friendly, parking costs 3 Euro an hour. Bikes are available to hire at Hotel, none available when I wanted one.

Good hotel with friendly and efficient staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

For a business traveller the hotel met all my requirements, I had to ask for a new TV remote, apart from this all was good. Staff very efficient and friendly.

Good hotel with great restaurant
    • Deluxe Double Room

Only downside was that the bathroom had some mold marks but furthermore very clean and comfortable

Great restaurant, really authentic food. Room is spacious and has everything you need

Great option!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Due to the location, there were few options around for eating or anything else... Also, internet connection was pretty unstable and when it went down it took a while day to get fixed.

Best value in the price-comfort aspect. Huge comfortable room, bathroom, desk for working... And the bus stop nearby made up for the location aspect... 10 minute ride to the city centre.

Excellent clean hotel and pleasant staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Despite having paid for the room weeks ago , a 50 euro cash " security deposit" was requested when we checked in. Cash back the morning we left. No drama and not a deal breaker but just a bit unusual and slightly discourteous I felt. I'm in my 60s , not going to trash the room or have a party.

I travel to Delft quite often and always try to stay at the Shanghai. It's a proper 4 * hotel with comfortable rooms and beds, good free wi fi, a fridge and safe in the room and excellent ,good value breakfast. The staff are always pleasant and helpful. Hotel is clean with plenty of free parking situated a 30 minute walk into the main square in Delft. Easy to find and excellent access to the motorway. Just a good ,clean, decent hotel. I'll stay again.

Excellent stay to have a rest between two tiring trips at a more than convenient location
    • Deluxe Twin Room

A built-in breakfast included in the price.

Breakfast is expensive and I did not have one, but lay-out, services, comfort, cleanliness where at the top.

A pleasant comfortable hotel with friendly staff and free...
    • Deluxe Double Room

A pleasant comfortable hotel with friendly staff and free parking. If you don't mind the half hour walk to the centre of town, which we didn't, it's a great base for visiting Delft.

Don't take last floor room. 3 star hotel!
    • Deluxe Double Room

We had last floor room. Couldn't sleep die to AC. In general I would consider this Hotel a 3 star instead of 4.

Staff changed our room to another floor 3rd which was at a higher luxury class (For free of course). Much appreciated. I paid 123 euro /1 night - too expensive! Breakfast was good. Close to highway.

Ok
    • Deluxe Double Room

The down side was only that I miss understood the email send for confirmation of my booking, I assumed it meant an upgrade to a king size room but why in actual I was checked into a deluxe room!

It was generally ok.

Would not stay again
    • Deluxe Double Room

Strong smell of cooking in the corridors of Hotel and we were on the top floor. Location is Ok if you have a car and with a large Chinese restaurant on site.

OK
    • Deluxe Twin Room

I would like the hotel to improve the ventilation in the bathroom in order to keep the air in the room fresh. It would also be nice to have the cold meat served during breakfast stored at a lower temperature than the room temperature.

I liked the fact that the room I stayed in was large and the bed, comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The room its ok.
    • Executive Suite

Executive suite room the value of money i pay I expected more nicer, at least cleanliness of the room ( Dusty, bathtab Greasy, toilet bowl not clean and fair good service to everyone. Breakfast buffet was less than i expected and not much choice. I would not Recomment and not going back to the same place. Disappointed!!!

The room its ok. Big space.

The Chinese restaurant Dim Sum served excellent food with...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The carpet near the bathroom door in our bedroom had a nail sticking out and although reported it wasn’t fixed!

The Chinese restaurant Dim Sum served excellent food with generous portions

The breakfast was great.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The building was little old/tired. The location is not good if you don't have a car or want to be in old Delft.

The breakfast was great. Nice big room with nice furnishings, safe and tea/coffee facilities as you expect in 4 star. Convenient location and parking if you have your own car.

Very bad experience- Almost ruined our trip to the lovely Delft city had we not found another hotel

1. The room my company paid for was an Executive Suite (room 2019). Upon arrival, there was no Wifi, so I was told they will move me to another Exe suite, which I later discovered was a King Room (room 215) the hotel tried to pass on as an Executive suite. When mentioning that, they tried to hide the fact, and they would note refund the company saying it had to go through booking.com. 2. Room 2019 was very dirty and dusty with layers & layers of dust. The espresso machine was dirty from gooey coffee stains from the previous guest! Room 215 was also dusty. with 2 spiders.. cobwebs, filthy spoons between couch cushions and an empty mini-bar except for 1 juice bottle that was old enough that the juice had settled! 3. The iron board the room service brought to my room was burnt from the lower side that it burnt a hole in a new blouse I was wearing to a presentation for a conference I was attending!! 4. Breakfast wad bad! When asking the waitress to ask the chef to make me plain scrambled eggs as the one served had vegetables in it, the chef told her to help me pick out the vegetables from the current eggs!!! How disrespectful!! 5. The in-house restaurant (Dim Sum) has staff with attitude.. very delayed service and they do not speak English and we could not understand what the food we were ordering was. And the restaurant smell was always all over the hotel all the time! 6. A couple of the reception staff were not too friendly and instead, were aggressive. Upon check out, I did not have breakfast on the day but walked around the breakfast area talking to friends, and then walked back out to reception to check out, and she wanted to charge me for extra breakfast (which was in my original PAID invoice) saying that she saw me walk into the breakfast area 'just now' so she has to charge me extra!! And I said, I 'just went in' and now i am with you, can you see me eating or drinking anything?

Eat out!

Food in bar, dreadful.

We tried to eat at Chinese restaurant and was told it would be at least a 40 minute wait and suggested we try again next night! We were only there one night!!!!!!!!!! We ate in bar but food was awful, shame as the lady in the restaurant was really lovely. Would NOT recommend bar to eat rather cross the road and eat at McDonalds.

Great breakfast and spacious rooms.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Smoke smell sometimes in the hallways/rooms. Staff of the restaurant in the evening seemed very confused and hard to find.

Great breakfast and spacious rooms.

Our stay was fine, breakfast good.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

I didn't like that they took 50 euro deposit for the room which I wasen't aware of before I went.

Our stay was fine, breakfast good. There was a wedding party that day and evening which meant that it was very noisy for other guests to sleep. We were on the 3rd floor, we should have been on a higher floor to avoid all the noise.

It is not a hotel for holiday makers.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room on the second floor was very noisy due to late chats by visitors I n the corridor. The chinese food in the Chinese restaurant (which is not run by the hotel) was very poor quality.

The staff are very helpful and ready to answer any queries. The room on the fifth floor was excellent. The breakfast room serves snacks in the afternoon-evening. The snacks were just right, good quality and taste.

Efficient.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I'd have preferred shower to be separate from bathtub, and to have a minibar rather than an empty fridge in room.

Hotel is clean, decor is nicely understated. Staff are friendly. Car park is free. Location is convenient.

Good place to sleep and eat but not to stay a hold day. Good options on English channels.
    • Deluxe Double Room

For a 4 star hotel. It has broken item on display or still being used. The room was fine but some installed parts of the room was talking apart. WIFI was very weak and cutting on me. Breakfast was the same everyday, no addition or varieties. Had to pay to use their bikes where other hotels it was free to use. It must be a self promoted rating as it does not meet it. It had and still do but not showing that potential now. Parts of the wall are craked in the hotel.

I like it's location for the purpose of my trip.

Clean hotel with friendly and helpful staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Located away from the centre, with limited options for food late in the evening. Some services not in keeping with their 4-star rating. E.g., use of canned fruits for breakfast, instant coffee in the room.

Clean hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Good breakfast. Particularly liked the waffle maker.

February 2018: By far one of the worst experiences we have...
    • Deluxe Double Room

February 2018: By far one of the worst experiences we have come across. We had two rooms whereby one was never cleaned throughout our stay. The heater never worked. We had to ask for extra blankets repeatedly which never came. The other room’s shower never worked. Asked not once but twice to get it fixed. So we enjoyed shampooing in the sink for two days. Not a single apology. The staff simply just doesn’t care. Hotel manager is non-existent. Service is non existent either. Hotel stinks like a Chinese buffet. We are guests coming from Canada, London and United Arab Emirates.

3.5
    February 2018: By far one of the worst experiences we have...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Nice and comfortable room, well equipped, friendly staff, I...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Difficult to get a taxi, plan time for this and keep asking, as they are likely to be tuck in traffic (but this it not the hotel's fault, they very kindly kept following up.)

Nice and comfortable room, well equipped, friendly staff, I got a good price, too.

Passable
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room was noisy: could hear person in next room snoring, was unwanted participant in normal volume conversation on other side (till deep into the night). Staff / atmosphere were 'mwah'.

The location was very convenient to me (1 km from our venue)

Not recommended!
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The room was superficially cleaned, as we found a used plastic food container under the bed. The only heating is a radiator under the window which does not suffice for the entire room. The hotel is a copy of a typical chinese hotel in China, with zero of its elegance. There is no transportation nearby and the city center is 30 minutes walking.

Free parking and McDonalds next to the hotel (if you don’t feel like walking 30min to the city center). Value for money considering we booked it last minute for the christmas holiday season and everything else was either booked or very expensive.

Nice place to stay and it is recommendable to go by car. They also have a very good restaurant!
    • Deluxe Double Room

When we arrived at the room the heating was not turned on. Once this was fixed the room was perfect!!!

The room was quite large and with a king size bed.

Excellent value for money in Delft. Showers could be better.
    • Deluxe Double Room

It's a bit ridiculous that the shower is equipped with a curtain that does not reach the floor and allows the water to split everywhere.

Excellent value for money in Delft, although not at a central location. Rooms/suites are large and comfortable.

Excellent choice if travelling by car.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Difficult to access without car.

Very nice hotel for the money. 24 hour reception, which is not common for hotels in Delft. Breakfast was also significantly better than average in Holland.

This place is very clean.
    • Deluxe Double Room

This place is very clean. Very convenient to the city center. Staff provided a sheet in English with good directions to the city center though I had GPS, too. The staff is generally friendly. The rooms and interior are EXTREMELY nice. Pleasant music plays in the halls. The breakfast is a real treat. It's a buffet with everything you would ever want for breakfast. It's worth the extra money. HIGHLY recommended. Check-out was a breeze. I felt I got great value for my money.

Nice
    • Deluxe Double Room

Cheaper Option for breakfast or snack pack to take away as we had to leave before breakfast was served sat morning.

The hotel was fine for us as we only came to take part in a tournament in Da Haag, if you are coming to visit Delft stay closer to the town. Its clean and rooms are large.

Perfect stay, recommended

No bathrobes :(

The rooms are big, much bigger than in the city center for the same price. Largest advantage is free parking, in the city center it costs extra 15 eur for a day. And it is easy to get to the city center by bus. Delicious and rich breakfast is included in the price. Rooms are very well equiped.

Nice hotel with good facilities.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Car Park was a little small for the size of the hotel think it might be due to the busy Chinese restaurant in the hotel.

Good size room with good facilities, the breakfast was to a good standard.

Real situation differ from the presentation
    • Deluxe Double Room

At the first breakfast, we found out that the scrambled and boiled eggs and also a toast bread finished when we tried to used them. I asked the lady who was responsible there and she told us that they have no more eggs and more things to provide because it was finished and they ordered it but they didn't received! I think that is a simple thing which could solve by buying them from a store for a day. Its shameful for a 4 star hotel to excuse because they didn't received their orders on time. On the second day, they provide missed items however when something finished, they didn't charged it and you have to ask for it! There is no air-condition adjustment at rooms and its controlled centrally. There were no extra blanket at rooms.

Generally the interior design of whole hotel was good specially the breakfast area. It has a calm atmosphere with large rooms which give you a good feeling together with Free private Parking at hotel. Also it has extra large beds which give you comfortable sleep during a stay.

Breakfast is fresh and tasty.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Breakfast is fresh and tasty. I like the waffles a lot and my son tried to make waffles himself! The room is big enough for 3 of us and well equipped. Staff are nice and helpful.

Good and less good mixed.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Noisy guests very late at night, faulty kettle replaced with another faulty kettle, safe was locked shut and despite asking twice about it was only fixed on our last day. The staff were casual and argumentative about the problem. All a bit tired around the edges and had the look and feel of a low cost operation in spite of its grandiose styling.

Large comfortable bed, good bathroom, good wifi

Room very clean.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

No Satellite TV. Frigo Bar completely empty (not accettable for a four star hotel!).

Room very clean. Good position. Bike rental service (also if 10 euro per day when, normally, the price in this area is 7.50 euro per day).

Location, the friendly and very honest staffs.
    • Executive Suite

Room is very hot during summer time and there are this unpleasant and disturbing smell in the lobby, the lift and the hall way.

Location, the friendly and very honest staffs. My wife miss placed her iPhone in the our room and the cleaning lady found and returned it to her. Well done.

great nights sleep
    • Deluxe Double Room

only stayed to get a good nights sleep before continuing my journey, great relaxing hotel. nice and quite location to say it is so close to the major road system

Poor excuse for a Four Star
    • Deluxe Double Room

The Hotel is a poor excuse for a four star Hotel. Decor is tacky and the rooms are lacking plugs next to beds. Bed was as hard as a rock with a small lumpy pillow. The Hotel is far out of town and not well suited for a visit to Delft.

Very little unfortunately. Rooms were large.

Excellent hotel for both travel alone and with friends
    • Deluxe Double Room

Too far away form may attractions and shopping center. It took me around half an hour to wait for the bus every day

Excellent Value for money, room is very big and clean, much bigger than my imagination. more like a hotel for business

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Excellent for business trip to Delft.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

A bit distant from the city centre. Recommended to take taxi or other public transport

Close to highway, free parking and easily accessible. Decent breakfast buffet. Clean room and comfortable

Great Hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

I really can't say anything bad! The location is good for people who come by car, but nothing special.

The bed and the room were super comfortable. The breakfast buffet was very good and so was the restaurant! Free parking is also nice. The staff was extremly nice and helpful. Good walking distance to a bus and tram station. Easy to get into the city (Delft or Den Haag)

2 Restaurants but receptionist sent us to McDonalds!!
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The Nearby McDonalds restaurant... The hotel was recommended by a friend who praised the restaurant. We arrived on the Friday evening at 10pm and were told that the restaurant had just closed moments earlier. I explained that we had been working all day and asked would anything be available but told there wasn't. I asked what time the restaurant closed and was told 10pm. I arrived on Saturday night at 9pm after another long day at work believing that we were on time for the restaurant but on this occasion the receptionist told us that no food was available as there was a coach party in and there were no seats left in restaurant. I said that we would be happy to eat in reception but was told no, that wasn't possible. The receptionist suggested we go to McDonald's which was a five minute walk away. We did this. The next morning for breakfast, the same coach party had again taken all the seats, there was no one manning the please wait to be seated desk. We asked at reception how we could have breakfast and were told to wait for a seat to become available. Ironically, when we returned from McDonalds the previous evening, there were seats available in the restaurant and it was before 10pm - how nice it would have been had the receptionist told us to wait for a seat to become available on Saturday night instead of recommending a compete food outlet.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Second time we've stayed and will do so again.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Not a lot really. Bicycle parking could be more secure and there are limited spaces on the only bicycle rack.

It's the second time we've stayed at the Shanghai. We find it's good value, clean and comfortable. Quiet location but handy for the motorway. A 30 minute walk ( or 10 minute cycle) into Delft. Staff are friendly . Parking is adequate and free. Free wifi. IKEA is a 30 minute pleasant walk away for an inexpensive breakfast. Free fridge and safe in the rooms.

I like where the hotel was located.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

We did not find the room clean enough. It was a quite expensive hotel so you expect that the rooms are much more clean. It is the only weakness I can tell from the hotel

I like where the hotel was located. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was good. The room very big. It was quite.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Beautiful hotel
    • Deluxe Twin Room

We had a marvellous stay even though for only one night. The staff are particularly helpful and courtious. A very welcoming hotel that is spotlessly clean and comfortable as well as being in a good location to enjoy Delft.

Don't go beyond this hotel when staying in Delft.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Excellent service at reception, the room was spacious, modern and clean with a large comfortable bed. The breakfast was excellent even having a waffle making griddle!

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Very good hotel for short time stay. Adapted for job travels.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The restaurant located inside the hotel (but not owned by the hotel) does not support the hotel overall good standard. Restaurant is expensive and quality doesn't match the prices. The hotel should consider find a common ground with the restaurant owner in order to align their standards and prices

Breakfast is excellent. Hotel employees are nice and supportive.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Awesome service and super friendly staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

I got to the hotel early, at 9.30 am after a 44 hour travel, staff were so polite and friendly, even offered me a free breakfast and coffee on arrival

Good conditions, poor hotel policy and staff
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The receptionist was an absolute fail in math as he wanted to charge me with 100 euros more than the actual price of our stay (very simple calculation, could have be done easily by a 4th grader, he used his calculator and still got it wrong, I had to actually explain it to him for him to figure it out), I did not like the idea/policy of the 50 euro/room deposit, I was actually offended by that as I usually do not carry cash, I really only like use my card (more practical), also in the room there was one stained sofa and I went down to tell the receptionist for him not to think that I actually stained it upon departure and charge me with those 50 euros or more

Really good location, good value for money, very restful stay, very comfortable beds, free parking in front of the hotel with lots of other parking spaces at the hotel premises, spacious rooms

Decent value for money
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Cleanliness of the hotel is poor, especially restrooms

Good breakfast, free parking, walking distance (~2km) to downtown. Good staff and decent room size.

Convenient location
    • Deluxe Double Room

Some odd smell in room and the rent of bicycle was a bit high.

Although the location is not close to the city center, the walking path to center was still safe. The shower was good.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Not bad
    • Deluxe Double Room

1. WiFi connection was unstable and poor. MacBook did not want to connecb to this network at all. As the result I used my mobile HotSpot. Others Hotels offered speed WiFi for money... I was ready to pay extra but it is not this case. May be Hotel Management will read this? :) 2. No spillers 3. Breafast was the same for 3 dayes I stayed...

Free parking is the good advantage compared to others Hotels.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Impeccable.
    • Deluxe Double Room

No swimming pool or gym(not free), some soaps and the iron and board were missing when I came to my room.

The bed was comfy, breakfast was beautiful, very nice room layout.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Very big room, a lot of light, comfortable bed, big bathroom...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Very big room, a lot of light, comfortable bed, big bathroom, even I hang towels on door, they changed it everyday, free parking, very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Good hotel close to highway
    • Deluxe Double Room

I would prefer a shower instead of bathtub. Bike rent a bit too expensive (compared to OV-fiets), stains on carpet in the room

Great breakfast, desk in the room, spacious room and bathroom, free parking, possibility to rent a bike. Generally very good value for money

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Nice room, but not everything is clean.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

In the hotel is a Restaurant. We could not recommend the restaurant at all. The meals were expensive and really bad. Some items in the room were dirty, for example the Tea cups, the washbasin, the weighing scale, behind the toilet seat was mold.

The breakfast was very good with wafle-maker an good, fresh bread. One morning we got cold scrambled eggs. The room ist nice and big and the value for the money is ok.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

The staff were very kind and polite.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The place of the hotel was too far from city center and unfortunately there were no super market closer than 1.5 kilometer from the property.

The staff were very kind and polite. Also the hotel was very helpful and flexible in changing the booking time. The room was clean also.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Perfect place to be with excellent breakfast and services!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Nothing that we didn't like :-)

- Extreme value for money; - Great and clean hotel; - All details were just perfect and well done! - Excellent staff; - Nice furniture and luxurious room;more than enough towels; - Great kingsized bed without any hole in between! - Bathroom very high standard style and - BREAKFAST absolutely THE BEST ever: very rich table with great Dutch and international products...this was like Business Class treatment! Like Like Like Like Like Like! Thank you for a perfect stay! We came in from Elysium and this was far more than we expected.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

The personal are friendly and kind.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

There is no fitness at the hotel, it was otherwise indicated during the booking.

The personal are friendly and kind. The hotel is clean and is supplied with a restaurant and Coffee.

good but boring
    • Deluxe Twin Room

A. the set-up and atmosphere of the room for breakfast was boring B. Choice of music during breakfast was annoying (not very energizing or relaxing) C. Bar area not inviting to sit-down and enjoy a drink

quality of the food was good

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Decent hotel near Delft
    • Deluxe Double Room

Very remote location, not perfect for anyone looking to be inside Delft But can walk to the city center, 20-30 min. , we enjoyed the morning walk..

Hotel convenient with a good price

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

A pleasant hotel to stay and relatively well placed both to the centre of Delft and particularly for
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room was decent sized and furnished. However, the carpet was dirty and scruffy in need of a thorough professional cleansing. Clean and none smelling towels and bed linen The bed was a massive double bed, firm and good to sleep on. The quilt was blanket like. Not my cup of tea as I prefer a proper quilt. I had to get extra underwear on to keep myself warm. The bathroom had the necessary facilities, but not extraordinary in that sense. The breakfast room was decent sized, clean and tidy. The breakfast itself was excellent and a varied full breakfast. Very polite and helpful staff, both at the front desk and in the breakfast room. Free parking and excellent bus and tram connections, both to the centre itself and to Den Hag. The hotel itself was an overall pleasant experience.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

Terrible place to stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

The hotel is run down, dirty, the carpets are all stained, the couches on one of the floor are broken through and left there, the hallway musty smell is covered by a terrible sweet odor. The towels are thread bear, you and see through them. The breakfast was horrible, the cheese and meat had been left out so long the cheese curled up on the sides and turned yellow.

The staff

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

"
    • Deluxe Double Room

"Housekeeping""Housekeeping""Housekeeping""Housekeeping""Housekeeping""Housekeeping""Housekeeping" knocking on the door ALL morning

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

my first room is in floor 5 and it is horrible because very...
    • Deluxe Double Room

my first room is in floor 5 and it is horrible because very much noise cones from ventilation system. and i ask for a change for another floor. it is good in floor 4th but still i can hear sth but no problem to have a sleep.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Best bed ever - worst smell ever - danguress guist safety.
    • Deluxe Double Room

1. The corridors and the room (NR. 409) smell unpleasantly. 2. The fire and smoke detector was covered with a shower cap so it will not work when people are smoking in the room. 3. The room smelled like an ashtray. 4. Location in industrial business place, next to a football field. 5. Limited free parking place

1. The best hotel bed ever!!!!! large, hard, supportive, noiseless. 2. Hotel staff was helpful and friendly 3. Good room facilities: refrigerator, water boiler, cups, spoons, etc. 4. The Chinese styles is not everybody cup of tea. Take it in consider. 5. Free parking

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

Big room, fridge, work table, kind staff, nice room...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bad ventilation - they distribute smells from hotel kitchen to rooms. You cannot switch it off. Dirty wall of antechamber (it depends on room-generally provide less maintenance.

Big room, fridge, work table, kind staff, nice room lightning. Perfect breakfast. Free and large parking - partly under roof.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Good hotel with potential of improvement
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The room has a 'kitchen smell', possibly because of the restaurant downstairs, but a decent cleaning work could have solved that.

Breakfast is nice; Convenient bike rental (although it's not easy to find the exact bike in a dozen of bikes and no one was helping); The room is big and facilities are nice.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Chinese in the good way: luxurious
    • Deluxe Double Room

Nothing, the hotel only has a few typical Chinese elements, but overall everything is very normal.

The hotel is very comfortable, quite and has large rooms.

Browse Shanghai Hotel Holland traveller photo gallery