Reviews of Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol 4 stars

Schiphol Boulevard 101, 1118 BG Schiphol, Netherlands

#3 of 10 hotels in Schiphol

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Please make sure you do not have the enter your roomnumber and name to get connected to the internet again after every five seconds you leave your computer untouched or close your phone. Annoying.

Great location for whom needs airport connection

Room 629 - door didn't close in the wardrobe so could not get light to turn off, climate control unit very noisy and this room is across from staff entrance and is very noisy in the morning.

Althought check in staff are very good there are just not many on duty at peak time check out early morning for flights or in early evening

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

bathroom door would not close (only if you lock it from the inside) aircon too high (with a baby not that good)

exceptional friendly staff! (reception and restaurant) price for a night is quite ok, because it’s inside of the airport

• Club Queen or Twin Room with Lounge Access

Nothing now that the upgrade has been completed. Booking service information mentioned there is a swimming pool: that there isn’t caused us some disappointment.

Convenience to airport and peace and quiet. Room service menu is good and prompt. It the best stop over venue.

• Club Queen or Twin Room with Lounge Access

Wasn't too impressed with check- in desk person. Early morning arrivals have long wait ,before poss. room readiness...

Beds are wonderful and comfy.. This stay was 1st time on Club Lounge floor...even tho very expensive,the Lounge Happy Hour made up for it.Lovely snacks and choice of drinks, wine....

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

I don't usually stay at airport hotels but hotels in central Amsterdam were so expensive and I only had one night to spend. Its only 20 mins by train from the airport to Central Station.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

I had to keep signing in to the wifi. My bed was sagging. There were charges put on my credit card which staff could only explain as deposits even though I had paid in full before arrival.

My room was large and well appointed. Breakfast options were vast. This is the most convenient hotel if needing to access the airport, reception walks straight out into the airport.

Even though I could see the hotel from my arrival section, it took me 20mins to find the place, due to the nonexistent signalling at the airport arrival hall. Wireless was pretty shaky and I lost connectivity quite a lot.

I liked the unbeatable location at the airport. A perfect stay for a quick overnight stay. Other than that, it's a typical European-style Sheraton, which has very little to do with the US counterpart, where at any point of your stay, you feel the hotel's appreciation of you staying there. High pricing for sufficiently professional hospitality service. There is nothing special about a stay in a Sheraton in Europe.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Airport view

Connected to the airport, so it was a perfect place to sleep on a long layover. Comfortable and well appointed room, and friendly, quick, and efficient front desk staff.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Having to pay city tax twice. Up front in the cost I paid for & again at the time I arrived at the hotel. I questioned the reason for paying the city tax in my booking & again on arrival. I was informed that the hotel have their own city tax!!!!!!! They apparently checked within my booking, via booking.com. They confirmed I had not already paid for city tax.

Close to the Amsterdam airport and the room was quite.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The price/performance rate was not very good. Too expensive for the level. Breakfast was not a “wow” experience for the price was asked.

In the restaurant the employees were really friendly and professional. The position inside the airport is very comfortable.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Location adjacent to Schilpol airport is great for flying in or out. Hotel modern, well kept and staff were good as you would expect from any Sheraton.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Poor risk management. The fire alarm system was triggered in the midnight and after 15 mins the alarm stopped. No announcement is made and we did not know if we still need to leave the building.

Strategic location.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

- Staff was very unfriendly! With my luggage and roomkey went up to discover that key was not working. So had to go down again with my luggage to hear it was my own fault!?? - At 21:30 they decided that it was necessary to have Maintenance (drilling) activities. As I was getting an early flight and was sleeping very annoying! Next time will go to the neighbours Hilton

For an early flight it is easy. Standard rooms

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The food choice was not great and the service was only OK. However hotel restaurants are never the best.

Excellent location, just minutes walk from Amsterdam airport. Breakfast and dinner were OK, but not a great choice of food. Rooms are very comfortable.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

table at breakfast hadn’t been cleaned properly from last guests 2 singles instead of double bed

Great choice at breakfast Room service good quality Comfortable bed and pillows Nice bathroom and toiletries

• Deluxe Queen Room with Airport view

It was disappointed and surprised there were no coffee /tea making facilities in the room. I had a very early morning flight departure and would like to have had a coffee while getting ready to leave. No time to go the place where refreshments were (there were none in the room ... just an empty fridge)

The bed was super comfortable

it is a hotel I prefer for the airport for the 2nd time. Be prepared for an old room with only clean look and a expensive breakfast. With no hygienic and hairy bathroom was like a nightmare !

just good location

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Room was not as comfortable in terms of space and furnishings as other Sheraton hotels.

The hotel is linked to the airport and to the train station which goes directly to the city. A real bonus after a long day at the city and the wonderful museums in Amsterdam. The variety of complimentary coffee and tea on each floor is very good too.

A couple more signs inside the airport would have been helpful to find the right route to the hotel.

Even though this hotel is virtually on the airport property we heard nothing from our room. So that was a definite plus. Lots of room to repack your bags before your flight home. Good workout room to get you going before or after your flight.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

I booked this hotel for my parents + my sister. They said they were very satisfied. It was not very cheap, but worth the money we paid. -Access: Because they had to take the flight departing at 7:30 AM, the great access from this hotel to the airport was very convenient. For dinner, they didn't use restaurants in the hotel, just went to one of the restaurants in airport. ("La place", my favorite one) -Bathroom: There was a big bathtub (Very important for us, Japanese) with separate shower booth.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Terrible that they charged 12 Euros for making ONE phone call to 1 800 toll free # for my airline!!! Staff was very flippant when I complained saying "most people know this by now; There is a notice inside the room info book" Well it was NOT available to me! mattress was too soft for my liking, others may like it. 23 Euros for a light breakfast (29 Euros for regular$$ )?? NOPE went away hungry!!

Location very handy for walking to / from airport and IC trains. Quiet room despite being only metres from airport

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Very expensive food. Steak served with seasonal vegetables was actually a steak with a tiny amount of garnish, which was hidden under the steak!! Very poor servings and expensive extras. Glad breakfast was included in the price. I pass through Schiphol on a regular basis and very rarely stay at the Sheraton because it is so over priced and food portions so small. This was a Friday night and better price but food still poor! I prefer the Radisson Blu.

Excellent old fashioned.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

For my needs it was ideal, early morning flight home and a very quiet and comfortable room. Walked to my check I and gate. Will definitely stay in the Sheraton again.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Provide lightweight blankets as the heavyweight doona's are too hot to sleep under regardless of whether the heating is on or off.

Clean good sized room with comfortable bed. As Starwood members we got high speed internet and 10% discount off our dining bill. Location for overnight accommodation at Amsterdam is excellent.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

I'm not too fond of the free toiletries (the shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and lotion). There's nothing wrong with them, it's just that I *would* like to give them away to my housekeeper in Africa, but they're not pretty enough for her! I would also like some bubble bath solution, or some Epsom salts...it's soothing for one's muscles after being cramped in an airplane all day. (And with security the way it is, it's impractical to pack these types of items in one's carryon bag.)

I arrived on a hot and humid day in Amsterdam, so I was hoping the AC in my room would cool the room down quickly, and it did! Within 3 minutes, the room was very comfortable. The bathroom was great. There are 2 options for the shower head: "rain", and a hand-held nozzle. The hot water comes on immediately - no waiting! There is also a nice, deep tub (but no bubble bath solution or salts). The bed was luxurious, with fluffy pillows and soft linens. The room was quiet, with well-placed lighting and furnishings. And the breakfast was excellent! Eggs are made to order, any style of omelet, too, along with ready-made scrambled eggs. Fantastic selection of meats - all of the standards, as well as cold, smoked haddock, salmon, deli meats, fresh breads, large cheese board, fruits, yogurts, cereals, salads, juices, much more. Best of all was the service! The staff was friendly, gracious, attentive - they're much nicer people than I am in the morning. Great location for travellers too, as it's right inside the airport, so it's close to the departure gates - I break up my long flight to Africa from Europe at this hotel. This is the 7th time I've stayed at this location, and I've never been disappointed - highly recommended.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

There is no cettle for making hot water in the room and I should go to the coffee corner for having my coffee in the middle of the nite .

I like the room , the bath room and the staff all are very friendly

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The lady reception ,overweight one, is not polite and never admit her fault. My agency booked the double bed/twin room and I am travel alone. I went for the check in at 12.00 one of the reception said if I need to get the room immediately, I would be charged 65 Euro. So I came back after a walk in the city at 16.00, the reception assigned a twin bed room for me. I asked for the the double bed room as stated in the booking. I talked to the reception when I was in the room and he asked me to come down to get the keycard for he is very busy, which is not correct by the 4 stars hotel's rule. When I came down at the counter. That lady reception asked me what do you want? instead of what can I help you?. I asked her to talk to her collegue which I just on the phone with him. Before she gave me the changed keycard she said " it is your fault that you booked the twin bed room, I told her that please looked at the reservation details again and this is not my fault. That is not the way she should talk to the guest. Should I suggest something to the manager of this hotel , you are one of the world's premium hotels ,this kind of the reception's manner cannot be happened.

The location in the airport and easy to any terminal.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

I did not know an infant could count as a full adult and therefore could not stay with them until i paid for upgraded room.they were two in addition to my wife so exceeded the maximum pax per room according to them. I think adding a breakfast would be good

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Wi-fi was a pain. Kept having to log on each time I wanted to use it. Phone was not able to re-join automatically when returning to the hotel.

All was great

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Everything was perfect, we were on our honeymoon, the airline had lost my husband's luggage, we were stressed out and your staff made us smile and we were thrilled with our upgrade and chilled bottle of prosecco and chocolate. I shed a tear because of your kindness.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Bedside furniture has razor sharp metal trim, resulting in a trip to hospital for one of our party. Really need to think that design through!

Great location, friendly staff.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Breakfast could be better for the price - more fresh fruit - but okay.May eat at La Place in airport next time for healthier choice

Very comfortable hotel. Lovely bed. Very quiet. Great staff

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Some rooms look a little bit outdated (but this is also personal taste)

Excellent location if you have to catch a flight the next day The hotel is comfortable and has all facilities Rooms are spacious

• Deluxe Queen Room with Airport view

Still one of my favourite airport hotels. As most airport hotels, the facilities are somewhat sterile but it is the staff that add the magic. As with all previous trips, every encounter with a staff member was pleasant. This makes it extremely difficult for one of the team to then stand out. On this trip, that almost impossible task was however achieved by Naomi van der Aa. Thanks Naomi

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The shower: small compared to the overall size of the bathroom and with its plastic floor basin and flimsy wall not of a standard commensurate to the rest of the (bath)room

Our 1-night stay was a first stop on a trip for my wife's 40th birthday. I has mentioned this in the booking and I was pleasantly surprised that the hotel gave us a bottle of bubbly and some chocolates; very kind indeed

Unfortunately there were 2 shampoo, but no bath foam in the bath room

I arrived at 02:15 in the early morning and the officer at reception desk was very friendly

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

There was NOTHING I did not like!!

I was stranded at the airport due to flight cancellation! As I am 70 years old I did not fancy sleeping at the airport until my flight the next day! To my relief I found a room at the hotel within walking distance of the airport! The staff were extremely helpful and tried to get me a room as quickly as possible! I was so grateful as I was exhausted! What a wonderful room!!! Clean, spacious, with a comfortable DOUBLE bed for little me and to my delight a bathroom with a bath. I hate showers!!! I want to make a point of thanking the staff for their help on what was a nightmare day not just for me but for them as well as, they were inundated with requests for rooms due to so many cancellations!!!

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

I was only put back by the expensive food option. It seems they really were overpricing the restaurant and bar.

I was very happily surprised that for being basically on the airport, I heard no plane noise overnight. I will definitely stay here again because it is right at the airport and the Schipol train station.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Airport view

The restaurant prices were high for me so having the airport close by with eateries was really great.

The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. I liked the proximity to the airport and the short time it took to get to the city even by bus. Made moving around quite easy.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Rate should include breakfast. Also free Wi-Fi was spotty and difficult to connect to. The sign on page is obviously looking for you to spend money rather than get free Wi-Fi. In this day and age Wi-Fi should be free.

Convenience to the airport for an early departure. Room rate was high considering breakfast was not included.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

It was the end of our holidays so we were on "get home mode", tired of travelling, nothing you could do about that.

Beds very comfortable and for being at the airport the sound from planes was negligible.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Blaring music from the foyer/restaurant/somewhere at 6am which woke us up, no shampoo in the shower.

Location, convenience and quality were as expected. On the whole excellent!

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Cold water flow like a dribble in R437 - had to be very careful in shower. The reception area restaurant closed early Sat. night.

Staff obliging - kettle brought to room.

• Club Queen or Twin Room with Lounge Access

Everything. Nice room. Club lounge is also good. Location is v good. Few minutes from airport. Room was clean bed was comfortable. Staff was very nice.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

I find the price that they charge for including the European breakfast buffet is way too expensive. If they made that a bit more reasonable I would give it five stars for sure.

This hotel is awesome because it is in the airport. It is bright, it is clean and it is convenient. It's a little more expensive, but this hotel has never failed to meet expectations.

The rooms are overall on the small side, no matter which one you book. The showers are uncomfortably small, and in our room, the pipes were immediately whistling like a fog horn, when you turned on the warm water. That is however an aberration since we stayed there before and did not have this experience.

Excellent location for travelers with an early flight. We have stayed there many times. The food is good, though there are several excellent restaurants just outside the premises of Schiphol airport. The rooms are nicely appointed, the beds are excellent.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Hmmmm how about a couple of delicious chocolate candies left on the pillows?

Was thrilled to have made a wise choice to stay in accommodation such close proximity to the airport. The maze of purchasing the right type of ground transportation (bus?train?subway? Metro? was far more daunting than expected, so being relieved of that action at the late hour of my arrival was truly welcomed. Was so thankful to have a Reservation Specialist understand enough English to communicate smoothly. Perfessional. Courteous. Understanding.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Would have liked milk and cream available for tea and coffee. Not sure why hotels put heavy hot duvets on beds, slept under the supplied housecoats. A blanket in the cupboard would help. They did send up a duvet cover when we complained.

Great to step from the plane and into the hotel, and then hotel right onto the train. Wonderful soft pillows. Lovely dinner in the restaurant and nice to have tea and coffee available on each floor.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The staff was friendly. Room was clean and bed was comfy. Location is great and easy for when we arrived from our trip. Also easy for when we had to leave. No rush going to the airport,

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Not the cheapest place! If you want to park a car for the duration of your stay, you have to pay 48€ for one day. And also breakfast is really expensive-29€ per person, the reason we did not take it!

Clean and cosy place

We booked a room last-minute for an early morning flight out of Schiphol. The hotel is attached to the airport, which makes it extremely convenient for air travelers. The bar in the atrium has a great selection. This hotel has all the needed amenities, as well as some extras. It's most definitely geared toward business travelers, but it was a great place for my husband and me to start off our holiday weekend.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

No times for Restaurant opening times in the guides and no milk containers for drinks station, it was powder milk. But varied choices of drinks.

It was ideal for dropping off luggage at hotel and a trip to Keuenhof gardens bus departs across the road and then downtown about 20mins on express train 30-40 mins for stopper train, bus was quicker to museums and all the trips, museum, canal tour and Anne Frank Museum, Staff were very helpful and smooth service. Would recommend.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Well there was one thing missing in the room, a hairdryer.

But the staff anticipated greatly on getting a hairdryer in our room. And also when we left the lady was really helpfull

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Room decor is dated and dreary and the main onsite restaurant has a very poor price/quality ratio. The food is not dreadful, but it is not very good either. Probably better to go eat somewhere in the terminal.

Very very quiet despite the busy location. Wonderful to be able to walk right into the terminal at the airport for an early flight. Express checkout is terrific, and front desk staff extremely well trained and extra helpful answering questions, providing assistance. When a minor computer glitch slowed down our check-in, we were immediately comped vouchers for free beverages at the bar/cafe. Staff throughout the hotel complex was a pleasure to deal with.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Very poor value for money - high price, average service, amazingly average room quality- its not small, but you expect better quality and cleanliness from Sheraton. The size of the douche cabin (small) and the finishing of the bathroom very similar to 2-3 star hotels in Amsterdam. You absolutely don’t hear airport noise, but you hear people talking in the hallway as they are inside your room. Especially frustrating it is when you need to sleep and staff starts to bang doors and speak loud in the early morning. Any hour for late check-out after noon is plus 10 Euro. You leave this hotel with the feeling that you won’t come back unless it’s absolutely necessary, which is not good for the hotel, even if its located in the airport.

The location is perfect - just a few minutes walking after you receive your luggage - ideal for somebody, who is traveling through Schiphol, but has a night /day to spend in Amsterdam, though there are other options almost same close.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Bed was extremely comfortable and the staff were fantastic and went above and beyond to help (from lending tape to telling me how to get where I needed to go). For a frazzled and exhausted traveler, this place was much appreciated.

Booked this hotel due to business trip and when did checked in (11:30pm), I was asked what time am I going to leave so I said perhaps 1pm due to the time then I have been told they cannot, only until 12pm. Next day went to breakfast and had seafood and some fish and I was not feeling good due to some smell from food but I ate. At my check out, one guy at reception was finishing looking at some papers (He knew I was waiting there on front for my check out) then he took the phone and said that he has to call someone so I said is ok, after he hang up the phone, He decided to leave and let me wait without saying a word. Very rude. Someone else saw waiting and asked me if I need any help then I checked out. Went to the airport right away and when I was boarding I was already intoxicated and I do believe the seafood was not fresh. ( I am not allergic to any food) Not going back ever!!!

spa

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The bed is too soft. The so called free wifi is only for 4 hours. Every 4 hours, needs to apply another 4 hour session again for every devices. It is the only HOTEL I stayed with such unfriendly practice.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Coffe is decent but i would reccomend a better espresso. The machine is too small for such a place. The breakfast it's very good but still the fresh orange juice should be there, indeed they provide... it from "bottle". They should have the machine for fresh orange juice. I would also suggest to have fresh made pancake from the chef and some kind of "waffle" as well. Marmelade corner also could get better. The most annoying thing is the shower... the cabine is pretty small (however you have also a very nice big bath...) and you can't find the right position under the water cause the cable is moving left and right spreading water inside cabin not in a straight way.

The position of the hotel is perfect for frequent travellers. The breakfast and the food in general at the restaurant are getting better and better. Staff is super kind everywhere.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Absolutely nothing, it cheered me up after my HORRIBLE experience at Ramada Airport Hotel.

After getting robbed at Ramada Amsterdam Schiphole Airport Hotel, I decided to check out immediately because I did not feel safe to stay somewhere where they just let other people's "secured" items get stolen I directly booked a room at Sheraton. The room was incredible, the bed was comfy. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The breakfast is incredible and worth it. Will definitely come here again.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Gate bar very expensive for food and beverages (Large beer €11.50, Small bottle water €4.50)

Hotel within Airport Covered walkway to and from the airport building. A requirement particularly in winter when I was there Staff both helpful and friendly Rooms very clean and comfortable

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Arrived at 1:30 Room not ready. BUT we could have a club room for an extra 65 E!! This included breakfast and Soda in the bar. Worst thing - our room was very cold once we got in. A heater was brought up but it was inadequate. Had to stay under covers when in room.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

A little pricey, but it was worth it because of the convenience.

Location is perfect for those who are passing through Amsterdam. Clean, comfy, and great staff.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

It has limited ambience as a place to drink or eat but it is a transient airport hotel so had no expectations in this respect. Breakfast is expensive for what it is.

Location couldn’t be better for the airport. So close and a covered walkway. Perfect for an early flight. Helpful staff.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Bed was very comfortable and air in the room was fresh. Room service was prompt and courteous. You cannot beat the location if you are staying over for a connecting flight.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Bid old fashion. No ironing board in the room. No coffee facilities in the room (there is just a coffee and beverages machine in the corridor). Minibar was empty. Breakfast could be better.

The hotel is at the airport so very convenient for travellers and business meetings at the airport. The bar is very good. Staff is very attentive.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Super friendly and helpful staff at reception and at the Gate Bar. Checked in at 11.30am. Room was large, clean and comfortable. Coffee facilities on each floor is a great idea. Loved the view of the airport control tower! Quick and easy train trip to Amsterdam Centraal Station.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

For other purposes, the location is less suited.

The location is perfect if you have a morning flight at Schiphol and you want to start the day without stress.

The vending machines didn't work. But it's very minor. They had free tea and coffee around the clock.

The best thing was that the Sheraton is located practically inside the airport terminal, and we could push our suitcases there, they have awesome escalators for luggage carts. There's a very convenient train station at the airport that goes downtown. The inside of the hotel is beautiful, very modern, clean, nice bar and restaurant.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Extra costs and special conditions to connect to wi-fi. Should be included in the price when booking even if the room price would increase by few Euros. Weird bed size and too soft pillows, lying with your back against the wall while in bed not very easy...

Great location!

The room was very loud next to an elevator and a room what was used by the Room service (?)noise of rolling trollys and loading noises until late at night and from 5.30 on again , only got like 3 hours sleep , very dissapointed after we had a good stay some month there befor.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The cost for the breakfast buffet was a little steep. We found excellent places to eat for less in the airport terminal.

The location on the airport grounds was convenient for our stop-over from Canada to Africa! The room was spacious, with a great shower. Coffee and/or tea was available all day from the beverage station.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Refreshment station, machine coffees, large selection of teas, ice cube machine all good. Very comfortable bed, spacious room, covered walkway to Schiphol and direct train to city center. All good, you would pay double to stay in the city center.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The shower was in need of a good clean...soap scum and hair in it but they only came to the surface when the shower was turned on....you can hear people walking around at night so you are being woken up alot

Very easy for me to catch my flight next morning....

Browse Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol traveller photo gallery