Reviews of Hotel Sipermann 2 stars

5.3

5.3

5.6

The location is perfect!

Unfortunately the bed had a lot of bedbugs, I can’t sleep well, i get a lot of bites and my daughter as well. It’s so sad if you compares with the excellent education of the staffs.

The location is perfect! Near from everything, the room are simple but with the basic that you needed.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Location was good.

The hotel doesn't have basic drinking and eating facilities like tea, coffee or breakfast neither any electric kettle for boiling water or cooking something on own. The room was too small...no proper cupboard...moving space. Moreover there should be hand shower in the washroom rather than fixed ones as provided everywhere. There was no Wi-Fi on 2nd floor which was shocking as nowadays it is common to have Wi-Fi everywhere especially in a hotel where one is paying to stay for quite a number of days and nights...highly disappointing.

Location was good.

A place to sleep for one-two nights in urban core of Amsterdam

This hotel is in need of major renovation, wifi is available in the reception's area only. If you arrive after 10 PM, you have to pay 15 euro/hour.

The location is great, the staff was friedly. Generally my stay was good. So if you travel on yourself and need just a place to sleep, you can book it for one night or two.

A good deal for the price and in a good location(near galleries restaurants and concert hall.

The actual room was rather dated and needed a paint job, but it was clean. Its orientation meant that could get very hot in the day. Although when I was there the heat wave had finished but it was good to see a large fan in the room when needed. NO lift though ,so good exercise.

The bathroom was very good RELATIVE TO THE ROOM. It was obviously fairly newly done. The shower was good and i complemented the check in man.Location in the museum area and so it was quiet

A room to avoid.

Room no.2. No AC (only a ventilator). Traces of something black ( mold ???) on the windows wall. no room for toilet seat (very very hard to do anything) . The blanket was horrible and . Very very used towel (and only one for two people, we used our owns ). The ceiling was also full of something like black dust, maybe mold, but there was no smell. All the nights, something like soot fall over bed. Also we believe there was something on the bed - we boiled our things after reaching home - because one of us had very strong reaction - we first believed it was some chemicals used, but we also found first night a very small insect that walked on the sheets and when we crushed it something red was came out - we could not identify the insect, and unfortunately, in the middle of the night we did not think to call the receptionist. We did not want to ruin our weekend, we did not want to be difficult customers, but when we go to a vet and showed the wounds , he recommend to boil everything. We can provide pictures with the wounds, as the word used was "bed-bugs" - we "hoped" for flea. Also, because a refund was not possible we believed our options were limited. To be honest, we will never accept that kind of payment. We were dumb and gullible that even on a two star hotel, in Netherland and in a Booking recomended something like that can not happen. Fool us once, is enough.

The staff was somehow friendly - both receptionist and room cleaner. Also the location were nearby the center, a hypermarket, a park and Rijks Museum (~400-500m). Also, quiet area at the time. Internet access was ok, but somehow, the wifi was available - as receptionist said, only on the "first" floor

Great location & adequate facilities. Poor sound insulation & no air-con meant only just comfortable

Very noisy. Poor noise insulation and lack of air conditioning meant that it was difficult to get a good nights sleep on very hot days.

Great location. Had all the facilities that I expected.

Good location to go to the center.
    • Small Twin Room

The room was not that nice and with four small beds with a bad mattress (even double mattress). Only the shower was good.

Good location to go to the center.

Good location, but very small and did not smell good.
    • Small Double Room

Lobby smells full of curry. Room smells full of new paint. Small room, small shower. On the last day, they did not make my bed, and left the garbage bin lid on top of my laptop. TV remote didn't work.

Good location, close to the city, and a couple minutes walk to the park.

it is near the museum District which was perfect for me,...

too small, too hot, lots of stairs. other rooms might be better

it is near the museum District which was perfect for me, close to an ATM and paper shop etc, also it is right next to vondel park which is lovely. half hour walk into the centre but not long with trams

We were 'upgraded' on arrival to a larger room with...
    • Small Twin Room

This was the only hotel available on the dates and in the location I needed for my needs. I felt it was overpriced. The reception was never staffed. The room was like a hostel. Tea towels as covers for bed side tables. The shower was like a wet room (but not intentionally), the toilet seat and whole bathroom became soaked when taking a shower. The bed blanket had an encrusted stain on it although the sheets were clean (thank god). At over £100 per night I expected more although I almost knew what I was getting due to research I had completed on Trip Advisor etc. As I said, it was all I could get for my needs. Next time I will make sure I book well in advance if possible and get a better accomodation.

We were 'upgraded' on arrival to a larger room with 5 beds (like a dormitory) but it had a terrace that we could use.

People working there was nice.

The room I stayed was so tiny. The building doesn’t have an elevator and the stairs are so narrow. It was scary to going up also going down. I was almost fall off. And the price was expensive. It’s not worth it.

People working there was nice.

• Small Double Room

It definitely wasn't worth the price. The room was small and the bed was so uncomfortable that we were unable to sleep that night. In addition to the uncomfortable bed that's definitely not made for sleeping, there was construction going on until 4am. That place made me depressed. Let's also add that when I checked in I asked the hotel if I was able to leave my bags after check out and I was told yes ( 4 euros per bag until 10pm), which I was ok with, then woke up to knocking on the door asking about the specific time we were checking out AND after checking out to be notified that they had no room to keep the luggage!! It was such a terrible experience at such a high price with absolutely no silver lining. Worst experience ever!

Friendly staff, nice location.

No Wi-Fi in the room, only in the lobby on the 1st floor. The sink was leaking (a nasty bucket was under the sink), some strange things in the furniture (e.g., meters of wires in the bedside table). Extremely small room.

Friendly staff, nice location.

Good location with easy access to lots of local attractions,...
    • Small Double Room

No kettle in room, spotted a few bedbugs in and around the bed - I was told that this was not a hotel-wide problem but it was certainly a problem in the room I happened to be staying in.

Good location with easy access to lots of local attractions, nothing fancy but perfectly comfortable.

Bed bugs included.

Bed bugs! No breakfast when price is more less 100 EUR per one person and night. Very small room.

Bed bugs included. Too noisy surroundings (trams, people in park close to the rooms, people in hotel, too small room for not so small price)

Only the siting if this hotel saves it.
    • Small Twin Room

This is really a very very basic hotel, more like a hostel. VERY steep stairs, a real challenge for anyone with even slight mobility issues.

Only the siting if this hotel saves it. It's not a 10 minute walk from Leidesplein and the trams, and from the museum quarter.

Located just in the museum district, in a quiet street,...

WiFi is weak on the top floor. Also, rooms are small and there no elevator to higher floors - just like in all hotels in traditional Dutch houses in the center, because space has always been expensive here. Take it as a cultural experience and you will enjoy it!

Located just in the museum district, in a quiet street, within walking distance of almost all you need (and buses to the airport and trams to the central station leave 200 m away). Staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are small but neat and clean.

Hell

Room was very dirty, no A/C, smell was awful, was at 2nd floor without left, staff unfriendly I booked 6 nights (prepaid) but escape after 2 nights only & they refused to refund remaining 4 nights

Expensive but great locations
    • Small Double Room

Sheets had holes in them, shower was lukewarm and had very little pressure and room didn’t seem like it had been cleaned. If you take the room on the top floor make sure you’re fit enough!

Location was fantastic right next to Vondelpark. The one cleaning person on site was very lovely.

Location good. Property a dump.
    • Small Twin Room

No table light worked.no offer of breakfast.and sprial stairs are just not on. Berry steep.unit in room was old and marked.carpet in hallways.where all stained. Room so small.

Nothing really.

This hotel is no frills, but perfect for getting your head down. It was clean with a shower hot.
    • Quadruple Room

Clearer instruction that the hotel requires a further deposit for the keys which is a cash payment. I use a travel card so would have been good to expect it.

Property situated right next to Vondelpark which was great for walking around, enjoying the views and having a drink in the nice weather. Close to the rijksmuseum, the museum plaza, Leidseplein (which has multiple bars) and everything else is a 20-30min walk or short tram away. Staff were friendly whenever we did see them, but we spent most our time out and about.

The room was enough clean but the bed was disgusting..hairdryer not working..broken window..not the
    • Small Double Room

Staff unfriendly and not really helpful. The sheets and the pillows were dirty and the staff member was saying that it was something from the washing machine..book here only if you need to save money

Something, either fleas or bugs, bit us from the first night...
    • Small Twin Room

Something, either fleas or bugs, bit us from the first night, working staff very good, go somewhere else until this can be qualified, otherwise good location being taken advantage of....

What you pay and what you see - is what you get.
    • Small Double Room

I read the reviews before coming and bought own sheets and sleeping bag.. I understand other comments but for the price you pay compared to other accommodation in Amsterdam this is the ideal budget option. Friendly staff despite signs everywhere to Be Silent. Stains on the floors and yes, a curry scent in this building. Still.. a pleasant stay and enjoyed holidaying in Amsterdam even in this 2 star hotel.

What you pay and what you see - is what you get. Quiet location and convenient to central Amsterdam; Vondelpark and supermarkets a short walk away. Was able to keep to ourselves during our entire stay and the staff changed our towels daily and ensured we had enough toilet paper

Not luxurious and decidedly 1970s decor, but great location at a really good price.
    • Small Twin Room

Staircase was near vertical and spiral, caution after cocktails. There was no breakfast available, but fortunately an excellent bakery with coffee and patisseries a stones throw away. Pillows could have been a bit softer and less bulky.

Fantastic location, clean towels every day. can come and go as you please . quietness respected. hairdryers in the room

I left the hotel with a terrible skin irritation due to bed...
    • Small Double Room

I left the hotel with a terrible skin irritation due to bed bugs. The room was very small and located right at the reception so I heard people coming in and out all the time. The bathroom was even smaller and very uncomfortable. The furniture is old and the hotel needs an urgent renovation.

Honestly, the worst hotel experience I have ever had
    • Small Twin Room

Everything could have been better. the rooms could have been the size they acted like they were. The staff could have been friendly. There could have been a fire safety plan. They could put controls in the room so that it wasnt so hot we had to open the windows to the street noise.They could have accommodated us when we requested a move to another hotel. They could have offered wi-fi in the hotel and not in the reception area which is the size of a small bedroom. The whole experience was a fiasco and I didn't feel safe going up to a circular staircase 6 flights without a fire escape. I don't understand how this review gives a 2.50 because it should be a 0 and it should be removed from booking.com.

There was nothing to like about this property. It started with the lack of them answering the locked door when they were sitting 20 feet from us, to the circular staircase that was dangerous, to the lack of fire preparation, there were no fire exits, to the wifi only in their reception area which is the size of my bathroom. The heat was overwhelming and had no controls.Even with the window listening to city streets open it was too hot. They were rude and unaccomodating and acted like they were doing us a favor. My daughter and I went to lunch very upset and asked ourselves could we tough it out for the 4 nights and both answered no. We went back and moved to another hotel. The stairs were so treacherous that I needed my son to come to our hotel to bring our luggage down. We are not wimpy people. We have stayed in hostels, budget motels and camped, but this hotel was sub-par by anyones expectations. DO NOT STAY HERE.

!!! Insects in the bed!very bad experienc

. !!! Insects in the bed!very bad experienc very dirty,all kinds of insect in the bed.the host is apathetic,unpleasant and rude.do not go there if you want a good night sleep and a place that you wouldn't be afraid to find little animals on your body and in your bag.

I had bugs in the bed! I paid a lot of money for a room alone and ended up with a bunch of insects in bed. Everything was old and worn, the sheet was with a blood stain. I would not dare to go back or recommend the place, just to warn against getting there. also,the host was very unpleasant and didn't want to help just made me fail bad and trying to get off responsibility

Great location, easy to reach by bus 397 from the airport.

The steep stairs might be a big problem if you are disabled or have a lots of luggage. My room was on the upper floor. But this is nothing unique for old houses in Amsterdam, the stairs are all the same, less or more. They have a deposit of 20 € for the room key which is a little bit odd but it will be fully refunded when you return the keycard. I guess that they have had problems with guest loosing their keycards and solved it by introducing a deposit. It was however neither a big deal nor a big issue.

Quite decent hotel, even if it is a little bit old. But you get what you pay for. Own toilet in room is a plus. New towels every day, even if I didn't really needed that.

ONLY 1 BLANKET, STUPID PILLOW
    • Small Double Room

ONLY 1 BLANKET, STUPID PILLOW BED BUGS TOILET TO SMALL TO USE AND BASIN ALSO NO COFFEE IN ROOM NO DINING ROOM OR SITTING AREA NOBODY AT RECEPTION HAVE TO CALL OWNER FROM HIS ROOM

I'd prefer to choose alternative places for similar price.

My room was so small that I literally ran into things around me. Also I needed to open door in the bathroom because it was so tiny. Oh BTW I've paid 3 euros for rent adapter to my USB charger. This was the first time when I've paid extra for things like that.

Great location - about 5 minutes to nearest square with pubs and cafes. Also there is Marqt and Alfred Heijn near this hotel. Also this place was very quiet.

Good clean room and good staff. Amsterdam lovely city.

I liked the receptionists very polite. I diden't the payment of the check - in late. When I booked there was not specified. Single Room very clean , in a beautiful street. Far from centrum but lovely. For one person I advice.

Curry house hotel
    • Small Double Room

Mattress was really old, window was broken ans a bad draught all the time couldn't get weed out in the room due to the smell and if I did he would charge me as it wasn't allowed right 😶 all in all not a very sound deal

Vondelpark

Very nice!
    • Small Double Room

No wi-fi on third floor. Stairs are very narrow, hard for older people, but ok for students.

Location is very good for the price. Bed was very comfortable. Good for students. Room service every day. Staff was very nice and helpful :)

Please avoid! I paid nearly £90 a night for something worth less than half that!!!

1) When you arrive you have to pay an additional €20 key deposit otherwise you cannot enter the room you have already paid for! 2) You CANNOT check-in after 10 pm as reception leaves after this time so that means you've paid for your room but you can't even get-in! Reception is manned from 8AM to 10 PM so after you've paid your key deposit if you have to leave before 8AM you have LOST €20! 3) Wi-Fi works ONLY on one level of a 4 storey building! 4) Very NARROW and cramped room! 4) Hair dryer NOT working! 5) Blanket had NOT been washed smelt of previous occupant. 6) Not the best sound insulation

I have nothing bad to say about the staff (they were helpful) but the polices and cost are ridiculous! Absolute rip-off!!! Booking.com you have SCREWED-UP BIG TIME, I doubt I'll be using you again! ALL THAT COST FOR NOTHING!

Friendly staff

Unfortunately I was bitten quite badly by bed bugs & had to get treated at home along with my whole family. They only appear after 9-14 days so it wasn’t apparent immediately:(

Friendly staff & great location

It was a terrible experience the bed bugs ruined my holiday

The bed bugs the rude staff.

The area was nice the hotel was disgusting i find it rude how your asking me these questions when you fully well no I put a complaint in about bed bugs.

Great location, friendly staff, basic & clean room
    • Small Double Room

The window didn't really close properly.. So there was always a gap in it which made the room a little colder (despite the hot radiators). We decided not to complain as otherwise the room was perfect for us.

The staff were so pleasant and helpful and were able to provide us with whatever we needed - a room on the 1st floor, a hairdryer and a clothes iron. Although the room was very small (as advertised so we weren't disappointed) it had everything that we needed: a very comfy bed, private bathroom with shower and toiletries a desk, two mirrors, a small wardrobe with hangers and even a TV. What you see is what you get with Hotel Sipermann and we were not disappointed in this fantastic location in Amsterdam!

Great city, great location for a hotel but poor hotel

The size of the bathroom, the blankets on the bed, the location of the room in relation to reception, the reception area smelt like curry.

The location, the bed was soft and comfortable

The sheets were dirty and stained whit something that I...
    • Small Double Room

The sheets were dirty and stained whit something that I don't know what was. I believe the floor had not been washed for days (or weeks). Bad, Bad, Bad. Absolutely not recommended. It is more hygienic to sleep on a Vondel park bench.

Awful
    • Small Twin Room

The room was completely disgusting and uncleaned, glass was on the bathroom floor, staff were weird. We were forced to pay an extra fee when we arrived and again when we checked out. Would not recommend to anybody. Do not come to Sipperman.

Nothing. The room was disgustingly awful. Would not recommend to anybody.

there is no wifi in the room, you have to go the reception...

there is no wifi in the room, you have to go the reception to access the wifi and the room was in the third floor. I almost lost breath everytime clim that steps!

Poor facilities

Everything about the hotel.

I won't recommend this hotel at all. Got hidden charges. When I booked the hotel. It breaks down I paid the City taxes. But as soon I checked in. They asked me to pay €69 without a receipt. Deep sigh. No hot drinking water availabel in the facilities. It's not really worth of my money to stay at Hotel Sipermann. Very bad hotel I've ever been in my life.

I do not advise you to choose this hotel for living

1. to cold in the room. i lived in last floor ant it was cold. 2. in the shower - water flow was to low. water at morning to cold for shower. normal water temp after lunch 3. internet was slow. when all the numbers were occupied - i can't connect to internet and open something. in hotel only 18 rooms, but internet was to slow for it and router cheap and bad for this amount of users

Only one thing - near from city center and museums square

We loved Amsterdam but feel that the hotel could be a little more comfortable,
    • Small Twin Room

The beds were very small and the room was tiny and not very clean. The sheets had holes in them.

The location was ideal, close to many good attractions and public transportation. The private bathroom was large and wonderful.

It was a great location and good value for money.
    • Small Double Room

Very limited storage - only 3 coat hangers in the tiny wardrobe. No tea/coffee making facilities. Cheap towels.

It was a great location and good value for money. The staff were polite and helpful.

Warmly recommended for those who want a central location for a limited budget.

The room was small (as shown in the picture at booking.com), but clean, and I had a nice view to the park. The (private) bathroom was new and not too small. No breakfast served, but I also knew that from when I booked my stay. The staff was very nice and helpful. The location is also very good (I was in Amsterdam for the documentary festival IDFA, as well as for some record shopping.) I warmly recommend this hotel for those who want to stay in a central location for a limited budget.

No such facility should be found in booking

Hotel was soo dirty...in the Winter season there was no quilt in the room!!!the hotel attendant at the reception was extremely rude and unconcerned...!I definitely do not recommend this hotel to anyone

Everything about the hotel was very bad and terrible

Stay here for superb access to central Amsterdam as a base for long days of sightseeing.

The steep winding stairs would be a bit daunting for a tired traveller or one with a lot of luggage, or of failing health. The toilet was a bit too cramped to sit on if you insist on closing the door.

A bathroom with shower, sink and toilet was provided within the room.

It shoud be a little bit cheaper.
    • Small Twin Room

The warm water somettimes is hot, usually warm, and sometimes only cool. The beds were unconfortable, the table had two legs (from wodden plate) and one of them was broken. It was a room for four people (we were only 2). In the room were 2 chairs, one of them was a little bad (the sitting plate was not safe).

Very good location, from the window of the room is possible ti see the roof of the Rijks Museum (a big park between us). Five minits walk the van Gogh Museum. The bedroom is good. The place is very good, the guests sometimes were noisy. The towels every day were changed - it is very good! The room was every day cleared too.

Was ok. Could of been better
    • Small Twin Room

I didn't like the fact that we were right up the top which had around 70 stairs and was in an attic room which interfered with sitting up in bed and also I thought it was a bit expensive for an attic room

I liked the fact that it was close by for the attractions we were going to visit

Good hotel in a great location!
    • Small Double Room

The room itself was quite small and so was the bed - facilities were ok - no elevator either so if you're staying on the top floors be prepared for a real work out every time you need to get to your room!

Great location - right on Vondelpark, 5-10 mins walk to Leidseplein where there are loads of shops and restaurants & plenty of tram stops nearby to get you to the centre of Amsterdam.

I was disappointed by a few things, the hotel has no...

I was disappointed by a few things, the hotel has no elevator, my room was clean, bathroom not expecially the shower (there's nothing on the floor and looks so unhygienic. Suggestion to who want to go there, they will charge you a deposit fee of 20euro for your hotel card and city tax (to pay cash).

It made me visit amsterdam to get away from having to sleep in a dirty bed

I paid £500 for a tiny room in the attic with a shower that I kept bumping my head and the sheets were never clean. It was so horrible I could not sleep there was no kettle or fridge and the old dusty fan in the corner broke. I could not lift my head up from my 3rd floor (no lift) bed due to the attic style tiny room. I wish I had got a place further out and clean and better value for money. Its unfair to take money from ppl for such bad conditions . I am never going back. There was hardly any staff and ot was just dirty.

It was centrally located

BED BUGS IN OUR ROOM!!!
    • Small Double Room

The room was very dirty and we found some bed bugs. Than we informed the hotel's staff and after many times they just change the mattress and sprayed antiseptic product (It's not enough for this kind of epidemic) because all the rooms were unavailable. The day after we were really angry because the bed bugs bite us again. The manager decided to give us another room after three days of complains. This is unacceptable!!!

Well located at northern end of vondel park, in a nice...

Like a lot of mid priced hotels in Amsterdam (£60-100) per night, the rooms are a little too poky, usually in need of some rejuvenation and appear very outdated or tatty.

Well located at northern end of vondel park, in a nice district of Amsterdam and close to key tram lines via the Leidseplein. Room was clean if a little small.

A great hotel if you're looking mostly for a good location
    • Small Double Room

Air conditioning is pretty necessary, because even when it's really cold outside, it's still sometimes hot in the room. There's a fan but it isn't as good as like an air conditioner would be. A kettle would be really helpful, sometimes if you want some coffee, tea or a "hot meal" it becomes a problem.

Good service, great location, almost everything is in a walking distance and also there are many transportations around if you don't feel like walking. The bed was ok, the bathroom also. Not something prestigious but good enough for the price.

PASS!

NO A/C. AWFUL & DIRTY HOTEL. SMALL ROOMS WITH WATER DAMAGES AND MOLD ON TOILET ROLL HOLDERS. PASS!! TO COMMON ARE EXCEPT AN UGLY CHAIR!

PASS! ceiling w/napkins from leaks! bathroom shower black hole! tiny room and gross sheets. TV nor the table has been cleaned! no common area except an ugly chair by front reception. NO breakfast options! no a/c.

Smelly and dirty but nice staff

Not really clean you can see the yellow and brown sweat spots on the phillow and the floor was dirty toilet was really rusty and dirty overall dirty..

Staff was nice

It was a relatively small, inexpensive, clean accommodation option in a very good location.

The room was very small, but this is to be expected if you're looking for a cheap place to stay in a good location in Amsterdam. You just need to be aware ahead of time that it's small and be sure that this feature jibes with your plans. In the cheapest room, which is the room in which I stayed, I think different pillows should be used because the current ones are too large and block-like.

The location of the hotel is very good -- within walking distance of most tourist attractions and shops and very close to the Vondelpark. There's public transportation (bus 197; it was a 5-euro ride when I was there in August of 2017) from the airport to the Leidseplein bus stop, which is very close to the hotel. The room I rented was cheap (by expensive Amsterdam standards), and though the room was small, the bathroom was large and clean. The hotel clerks were very friendly, polite, and helpful. The hotel sells drinks (and has a coffee machine) and snacks at decent prices (compared to the prices at many shops in Amsterdam).

Good location, our room had a nice view.
    • Small Double Room

Overpriced for what you receive, shower floods the bathroom when used, wifi not accessible in rooms.

Good location, our room had a nice view. Staff were friendly.

An awful room. More of a hostel than a hotel. If you are considering this room with a partner, don't
    • Small Double Room

3 flights of very steep stairs, no lift. Stained worn out chair. Stained bedclothes. A ridiculous 'wet room' where the water flows away from the waste. Awful mattress and the pillows appeared to be rolled up blankets in a pillowcase.

It was cheap.

Cooperative staff, with GREAT LOCATION!

Fees for checking in at 11:30 pm (€15 Euros), plus strange deposit of €20 for the key card. The room dimensions and room facilities could not reflect a 2 star hotel!

Cooperative staff, with GREAT LOCATION!

Fab Weekend!
    • Quadruple Room

Perfect location! Near vodelpark, museum area and Leidseplein square and only a 15/20 minute walk to Dam Square and city centre, so plenty to do, very easy to find and accessible by foot (if you don't mind the walk (20mins) or by tram from Amsterdam centraal, staff were very friendly and welcoming. We arrived early and we're able to leave our bags at the hotel and go explore until the room was ready. Overall it was a great place to stay, even more so if you know where your going!

All staff's members were kind with us, They explained...
    • Quadruple Room

All staff's members were kind with us, They explained everything about Amsterdam. The room was clean as well as the bathroom which is modern and recently renovated. We were a group of 4 friends from Italy, we stayed 4 nights we were satisfied about our experience. Thanks, hope to come back soon!!!

You get what you pay for .
    • Small Twin Room

The stairs are murder if you're not so young . You only get a bath towel, thera are no hand towels in bathroom. Bare bones amenities. Did not give deposit back even though I checked out early.

The location is excellent. 10 minutes walking distance to the best museums , canals, good restaurants. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Close to the center, museums quarters and the food hall
    • Small Double Room

The second bed wasn't made as my son left his books on it/ was a bit odd.

We got an upgrade without charges. The owner was friendly and forthcoming.

Choose it only if you don't have any other choice
    • Small Double Room

The bed was too close to the window, it gave me a cold. My head was hand away from the open window. There is no AC in the room. There was a blood stain on the wall. The walls had marks from previous guests. The room consisted of the bed and 1 square meter of space and 30 years old table covered with grandmas plastic foil. Bedsheets were old and it was horrifying to see how the mattress looks without them. For 2 people there is only 1 key and 20€ deposit.

The llocation was great. Easy to connect with the city.

🌟 🌟 Hotel tugged and way in the upper side of the Heart in Amsterdam
    • Small Double Room

The beds has dirty old blood stained sheets and comforter that they didn't change from prior guests. I removed the sheets, placed them in the corner of the bedroom. Everyday we would get clean towels, bed made but no clean sheets. The dirty ones stayed in the corner and upon check out I informed the front desk clerk. The🌟 🌟 hotel needs a female touch, only men work there incl. Housekeeping. Overall the hotel in quiet and bathrooms are clean.

Prime and quiet location

Very well situated.

It will be nice to have a mirror on the wall even if the room is so little;

Very good situated, you can go nearly everywhere walking. Very nice and quiet neighbourhood. A lot of restaurants and cafes 5 mn from the hotel . Bed comfortabel and room very clean.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

The location is close to Vondelpark and within walking...
    • Small Double Room

The location is close to Vondelpark and within walking distance of Leidseplein and the city centre. It is easy to get a tram or hire a bike nearby. Good value for money!

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

The property owner and staff are very kind.
    • Small Twin Room

No breakfast. Most of the breakfast places open at 9.

The property owner and staff are very kind. Although small, the room is very cozy and has everything you need. The location is great: museums and night life at walking distance and a beautiful park around the corner.

You get what you pay for

Being on the top floor and finding it difficult to get my luggage to the top floor without assistance. If I knew I would either have packed lighter (which seems more logical) or maybe chose a different accommodation (with a elevator). However I don't think there were a lot of rooms left when I booked so in all fairness I got what I paid for. Most rooms in Holland does not have access to an elevator and for that reason it is not a negative criticism on the side of the hotel but rather me who had to foresee the reality of accommodation in Holland.

The room is small but suitable for what I needed and paid for. Staff were very friendly and helpful when I needed assistance eg. arranging a taxi and keeping my luggage in storage for the day when I left.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Terrible hotel, dirty rooms, the worst customer sevice
    • Small Double Room

Rooms are very dirty with weird stains, small and very warm (no air conditioning). The hotel has a bad, moldy smell inside and outside the rooms, beware travelers, they will not refund your money if you are unhappy with the hotel/room. Terrible customer service.

Location was ok

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Clean, Quiet and loved the location.
    • Small Double Room

Clean room, friendly and helpful staff, very quiet and perfect location right next to the beautiful Vondelpark. 3 min walk from the canal district and all the restaurants/shops. Tram 1 min away which connects to the airport and big supermarket close by. We couldn't have asked for more.