Reviews of Hotel Nieuw Slotania

6.0

5.6

5.6

6.1

total mess, never will stay there

nothing, it is full of bad bugs and we were all totally bitten. mess all around, even the trash bin was not empty

nothing, it is full of bad bugs and we were all totally bitten

Stuff was welcoming and nice, but couldn't assist with...
    • Budget Quadruple Room

WiFi connection was very poor if at all. Tv was not working. The structure of the hostel is rather old and most of it was under construction when we were staying.

Stuff was welcoming and nice, but couldn't assist with WiFi and tv's problem. Young and relaxed atmosphere, very suitable for young travelers

I didn’t like how it was under construction and no one told...
    • Double or Twin Room

I didn’t like how it was under construction and no one told me in advance. I didn’t think the carpet in the room was clean or the chairs they provided. Overall it didn’t look the same as how they portrayed it in the pictures, but I’m not sure if that was due to the construction.

Terrible hotel - DO NOT STAY!

The property is EXTREMELY dirty! The rooms have a terrible musty smell. We did not sleep under covers due to fear of bedbugs. The room are cramp and tight. The neighborhood is noisy and the wallsare thin (you have noise 24/7). Customer service staff is not approachable and did not seem too friendly.

Absolutely nothing! Terrible stay - will not recommend to anyone, the value for the level of cleanliness is not there!

Good location.
    • Budget Quadruple Room

Keep in mind this is a really really old building. The place is under construction inside. Hallways are pretty smelly but our room didn’t smell, it was just extremely hot. There are little windows that crack open on top.

Good location. Right across from the grocery store and bus station. Street parking was free between 7pm-9am, then it’s 2€ an hour. WiFi was good but it only works in the lobby. Also we did not encounter bed bugs.

public transport very good amsterdam very nice and good hotel very poor

when I booked your advert says about breakfast buffet and onsight bar when I asked about both all the reply I got was no bar no food just two vending machines there was also lots of building work going on in the hotel which started very early in the morning ,staff not very helpful or at all welcoming

• Double or Twin Room

The place was under renovation so very dirty and dusty. We booked a double/twin for 2 nights, we arrived there and they gave us one of the old rooms with 2 single beds far away from each other and a bunk bed. We complained so the day after they moved us in a double and offered us breakfast. Problem with breakfast was that the area was moved downstairs as they were renovating the upstairs so was very noisy, dirty, the food looked dodgy, the gluten free options box was full of mould and it smelled like a garage. Very expensive for what it is and they did not specified that they were under renovation. Another thing, if you booked with them, you have to pay straight away so you cannot change your mind when you get there and see the conditions of the whole place.it doesn't look like in the pictures. There is an overall feeling of dirtiness and the rooms are freezing cold.

The worst experience I had in a hotel that I paid 117 euros for a night

Total disgrace that this so called hotel is listed at booking. I don’t think I will ever trust booking again after this experience. Cannot describe everything here but I will mention that amongst many other things ( like dirty, under refurbishment,etc )the exit door that is supposed to be locked for security reasons was broken and wide open so anyone could get into the hotel from outside.

Was very disappointed with the hotel.

The hotel was under renovation and we were not aware of this prior to our stay. The hotel room was dirty. We asked for more pillows as we only had one very thin one each and they said no. A hotel rooms door and wall had been kicked in. The whole time the hotel hallway and our room smelt like gas, whencwe complained they just said they’ve heard that before. I would rate this 1 star if I could!

The location wasn’t too bad

Cleanliness and presentation needs to be worked on
    • Double or Twin Room

There wasn’t much of a warm welcome when arriving. The room had a musty smell which we had to ask for air freshener. And the room had mound and stains on walls. There were signs of bed bugs as I was bitten and saw the mattress had shown indication of bugs. Heating did not work so had to ask for a portable one. Had construction going on right above us which was causing noise in the shower room.

The hotel is very close to all transport links which was good. So if you’re looking to go to dam with minimal stay at the hotel it isn’t bad.

Keep looking
    • Budget Quadruple Room

It's a grimy gross hotel far from the city. It gives the feeling of a crack house, and I'm no prude! I've stayed in many a hostel in my travels and they are usually much worse than any hotel. The room was broiling hot with no way to cool it off. The windows only open an inch or so. I wouldn't stay here as a single female. If it was cheap I could overlook some of these factors but for $160 a night it's not what I'd consider a cheap stay. It was nasty and disappointing.

The bathroom was the best thing about this room, it was nice and decent sized. I chose not to check out how clean it was or wasn't...

It looks like an old hotel.

It looks like an old hotel. The room was for not smoking but it smelled a lot to cigarettes and it was disgusting for people that we dont smoke. The building looks old, scary and dirty, just for sleep one night maybe is ok, not more.

Very unsatisfactory and we paid too much for such a horrible place
    • Double or Twin Room

Room too small, TV and hairdrier did not work, could not call reception from room phone, phone filthy, hotel dusty and smelling of fish, did not want to give us a cup of hot water 2m past 9, far from central station, airport and populR sights.

Wish it never happened.
    • Budget Quadruple Room

All the staff were very rude. No smiles or anything not even a greeting. Even when we checked out not a single word was said after we all said thank you. I think it shows this hotel just skimmed being called a hotel. Been to probably over 20 hotels this is by far the worst and disgusting one. Noone goes here. Period.

Location was fine as right at the tram line but other than that stay was poor
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms were very hot, our side lamps didn’t work, the light over our head had no cover so we could wires and the bulbs, bit of the carpet was pulled up at the corner the walls were dirty and the bathroom door handle was broken

bed bugs, bitten 16 times , still marks now 2 weeks on,...

bed bugs, bitten 16 times , still marks now 2 weeks on, disgusting bed covers

bed bugs, bitten 16 times , still marks now 2 weeks on, disgusting bed covers

We were highly disappointed and left a day early even though they wouldn't refund us out money.

The attendant at night was awful and not helpful at all. Actually said he didn't have time to help us. There were bugs under our beds. The room stunk. The noisy people outside kept us from sleeping. It ruined our stay in Amsterdam. DON'T stay there!!!

The attendant when we arrived was very helpful.

Horrible experience
    • Budget Quadruple Room

Bed bugs in beds. We went to a pharmacy nearby and they told us there had been previously many customers coming from the same hotel looking for some medication for the bed bug´s bites. When we complained to the hotel staff, the answer was "it happens, the customers bring the bedbugs in their luggages". Really bad manners from hotel staff. Funny smell in the bedroom and corridors. Also, the bedroom was too warm and clearly unhygienic. Very noisy in the night. A horrible experience, not recommended at all.

Slotania
    • Budget Quadruple Room

The oudours in the room. Likly the smell is impregnated in the walls so it's good that they atarted renovating.

Bathroom was clean. Vale for money. Connection with the city.

A disgrace
    • Double or Twin Room

It was a disgrace. I cannot believe that Bookings.com would have this hotel on their site. It was filthy. Tv didn't work. Some lights didn't work. Duvet was so dirty, I slept in my clothes.

Pay the extra price and find yourself a better location closer to the Central Station
    • Budget Quadruple Room

Room was way too cold, we all left aching like hell, even though we slept with at least 2 layers of clothing. And this was with the heater on full. We also had a mouse in the room, which we could hear and see during the night.

Bed was comfy and location was ok. There are plenty of shops and restaurants nearby. Public transport connections are good too.

Poor

Very basic, tatty. Lots of work underway, so a bit dust and untidy. Breakfast just OK for the price, but they could do better. Only limited restaurants. Not helped by local major roadworks which made getting there awkward.

Location suited my work

Terrible.

It was a disastrous experience. I only booked one night so i can rest on my way to USA but I stood awake all night because I had a mouse in my room coming to my luggage which was close to my bed. I asked for a compensation at the reception and was offered free breakfast which i declined due to questionable cleanliness conditions.

The room was well heated which was ok in the beginning as it was freezing outside, but the downside was that after a while it felt too hot and I couldn't adjust the temperature.

One of the best night sleeps I’ve had, beds were very comfy.

Staff were rude, especially receptionist. No mirror in room and tv wouldn’t work.

One of the best night sleeps I’ve had, beds were very comfy. Great location, can buy the tram passes from the hotel for cheap and it’s easy to figure out.

Instead we read a lot of bad reviews about this hotel, we...
    • Double or Twin Room

When we arrived, the hotel didn't have the room that we ordered, a double one, and they accommodate us in a 4 bead room, close to a construction site, by the way, part of hotel are in renovation, and the worker started working at 7 in the morning, and was very noisy. But next day the stuff changed our room with a double bed room, as we ordered, and every thing was ok. And we didn't like that after 6 amazing days the vacation was over and we need to depart from that wonderful place.

Instead we read a lot of bad reviews about this hotel, we where very surprised and the hotel exceeded our expectation. The room was very clean and warm, very warm, we need to stop the heating system. The bed is very soft and comfy. The location is very ok, you have across the street the tram station and the night bus station, so you can return very easy from the city. It's not a 5 star hotel, but the price is the right one.

Bed comfy, room was a good size, most staff were helpful and...
    • Double or Twin Room

Loud in the night time, could hear everyone in the hall. Floors could have been cleaner

Bed comfy, room was a good size, most staff were helpful and nice. Great price for the room. Around 30 min tram ride to the city center but there are stops right outside the hotel and it’s totally worth it for the price.

It had a roof over my head
    • Double or Twin Room

Smells of smoke, and damp and cannabis. And it was a construction site they were re camping the hotel so their were dust every were in loby and hammers and drills at 7 in the morning

It had a roof over my head

At the reception they first didn't know what we booked...
    • Budget Quadruple Room

At the reception they first didn't know what we booked and for how many days. Low category "hotel" at the perimeter of Amsterdam-west. The glass near the door to our apartment was broke(just like when a thief want to break in). It's 30 min away from the central station with bus. We rented a room for 4 people and we got 2 bunk beds with a 2 square meter room place . If you want a better experience spend that 50-100 more euro for a better hotel at the central area. The lower price definetly not worth it at all.

Front Office staff Rude,Hotel is good,location Good.

Front office staff very rude.Our check in process not smooth, I've stayed in hundreds number of hotel around the world.This is my first time experience very bad check in process,the staff is totally not friendly,We don't feel welcome at all.No welcome greetings, No smile, NO at ALL . are they think we going to stay for free?? he really spoiled our vacation mood in Amsterdam. the hotel management need to look into this matter seriously. We feel scared during check in,seriously. I believe not all the staff was like that. there is one situation few hours after check in , I walk to the receptionist and asking where I can get hot water for drink,he only talk by hand pointing to the ground floor level ,only hand sign,and he continue watching movie on his tablet.No talk at all. really spoiled because are very tired after flying thru 16 hours of flight to reach amsterdam.

Bed is comfortable,room size is ok, cleanliness good,location is good. Halal food is nearby, supermarket is just opposite the hotel.

I was traumatised and would not stay again!
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel run down. Dirty reception. Poor location. Room too hot and unable to open a window. Room where breakfast was eaten was like a canteen. Very basic

Bathroom was clean

Location is good as it’s by the tram stop but the decor and rooms is very tired.

If you are a light sleeper good luck. Doors paper thin and you will hear everyone in the corridor. People do smoke in the hotel even though they have a strict no-smoking policy. No plug in sink ( makes wet shaving harder) and the bathroom door was broken as were the power sockets by the bed. Suppose you get what you pay for.

For the price the property was good, had a good location and...
    • Double or Twin Room

Door handle was faulty which was annoying. Our room was at the end of the first floor and with the hotel being so wide it was a lengthy walk to get out of the hotel. Apart from that it was good.

For the price the property was good, had a good location and was clean.

HOTEL SLOTANIA
    • Double or Twin Room

I found cigarette ends and sweet wrappers on the floor on entrance and when I went to turn the radiator off there was nowhere to turn it off. Room 224. I then ask in reception and they say "I don't know what you mean".

Friendly staff

It was a nightmare.

I didn't like anything whatsoever and this is no exaggeration, there is nothing to be liked about this place, I strongly feel that the authorities ought to step in and close the premises.

I liked nothing about this place, just awful.

Stinky hotel (plumbing smell)

Very bad hotel, far from the city center but mainly it was stinky (plumbing) and in very poor state of conservation. Even dirty, some parts. It really needs severe overall maintenance. I do NOT recommend this place :(

Not a good first night.
    • Double or Twin Room

My first night, there was mice coming through the walls, I went down to complain and the guy did nothing. I blocked the hole with a towel and they started coming up through the window seal which was rotten. I was eventually moved rooms in the morning.

The rooms where ok and the tram was right outside the hotel.

Really bad

The staff were rude, the toilet wasn't cleaned as there were clothes from the previous stayer, they were out of shampoo. I booked one room for 3 people but they gave 2 separate rooms.

Lower standard for saving money
    • Budget Quadruple Room

The room stank,the mattresses were full of spots and the balcony was a mess full of cigarettes and dirty underwear.

Good value for money,right next to a tram station and to a supermarket .

Overall very dirty and uncomfortable. Would never return.
    • Budget Quadruple Room

Having stayed in Amsterdam before this hotel was extremely disappointing. The room and bathroom were filthy. Parking was quite complicated and not clearly marked. Pictures of hotel were misleading. Stains on the sheets. Tiny and out dated hall ways making it complicated to transport luggage. Filthy rugs. Not worth the price for one night. Would never stay there again.

Close to public transportation

• Budget Quadruple Room

Nothing, horrible , I never saw something like that, dangerous place , room full of bugs, dirt place. I paid 400 euros and after 5 minutes in the room my family told we can't stay here with kids, I don't recommend this to no one

The breakfast was worth and cheap.

I stayed at room 226 and I was bitten by the bed bugs! Please clean the bed thoroughly. Also the room was so smelly.

The breakfast was worth and cheap.

Clean, friendly, easy.
    • Double or Twin Room

Trying to find it wasn’t as simple as hoped but that might have been our fault!!

We didn’t spend any time in the hotel during the day as we were sightseeing all day. But when there the hotel had everything we needed. No complaints at all.

Basic and grubby, but not too bad.

On check in, I was asked if it was okay to take the payment for the room “now”, which I agreeed to, yet the payment wasn’t taken until our last morning, which could have messed with my finances quite considerably. Luckily I have online banking and could check when the money was being taken, or might have spent more money than I should have, not knowing that the room hadn’t been paid for. The hotel is a bit grubby and in need of some serious TLC. We were prepared for this before we arrived because we had read some reviews, but it wasn’t half as bad as I thought it would be. The air con/heating didn’t work in our room, but there were 2 heaters in the wardrobe (which only had 2 hangers for 3 people) but there were only 2 plug sockets- one very high for the tv and one half way up the wall, below the other one- so we couldn’t be warm AND watch TV/charge our phones. We also had 2 safes in the wardrobe, but I dont trust them, so I didn’t use them. We had a pink bath which had some cigarette burns on it. The toilet roll holder next to the toilet is metal and sticks out so much that you risk an injury every time you sit down- I even have a few cuts and scrapes on my thigh from it. The bathroom also seemed a little dirty, so I bought some spray cleaner from the shop and sprayed all the surfaces. We also had the smell of damp (which is why we bought a frebreeze spray) I think the lack of ventilation causes condensation (we had wet windows every morning, even though we had them open a little), which makes everything cold and damp. Just generally needs stripping back and starting a fresh, but the hotel is very busy, so I guess the owners can afford it.

The centre of town is only about 20/30 mins from the hotel and the buses stop round the corner. The beds and pillows are comfortable. There’s a few fast food places and cafes downstairs and some shops just across the road. The staff are friendly.

Excellent hotel with amazing staff on hand to help!
    • Double or Twin Room

Room had a hole in the ceiling with a piece of tissue paper hanging out of it. Looks like a light had been ripped out but other than that all nice condition

Very nice hotel with supermarket (Jumbo) opposite that was ideal for food shopping. Tram stops also outside the hotel. Staff are very friendly and helpful with any problems or advice you need.

It was easy to get there from the airport with the BUS no.

This is the most worn out hotel I have been in in my life (except maybe some places in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, where I traveled twenty five years ago. The hallways and rooms are worn out, the flooring has not been changed for many years. The fire alarm was hanging out of the ceiling, the laminate had voids between plates, walls were dirty etc. But as mentioned, it does the job of a cheap sleepover OK, if only it was a little cheaper.

It was easy to get there from the airport with the BUS no. 69 and there are other bus and tram stations nearby. The positive thing in the room was the bathroom, it was large and clean. The lining was clean and there were no cockroaches or other germs (having to mention that is an indication of an otherwise unattractive accommodation). If you are looking for a cheap place to stay for 1 night, it will do the job.

Only the location, it was convenient.
    • Budget Quadruple Room

Cleanliness was poor and pathetic. Smell of canabas was everywhere in hotel. It was so discomfortable to express due to bad smell.

Only the location, it was convenient.

Terrible experience
    • Double or Twin Room

- Full payment is required the moment you check in, no flexibility - I selected and booked a single room and got a 4 bed dorm with bunk beds to stay on my own - Corridors and the whole building is dirty, old and smelly - Blankets were disgusting - Room was cold, I got flu - Water was not floating down in shower

I liked nothing at this hotel. The worst place I have stayed in the last 10 years.

Nice and cheap hotel. Recommend.

Bathroom without ventilation

Distant from centre... but really easy to go by public transport... worth it to pay much less compared to hostels and hotel in city center.

So so. Quite expensive but I supposed this is the going rate in Amsterdam.
    • Double or Twin Room

The front desk staff in the evening wasn´t that friendly. The carpets are filthy. You can´t have a glass of wine near the hotel in the evenings because there are no restaurants that sell alcohol. But there is a liquor store. It´s a good 20-30 minutes away from the city center by bus.

The bathroom was clean. I didn´t pay for breakfast and I asked how much I should pay for coffee. The concierge told me that I could have coffee for free. Both front desk staff in the morning were very friendly and helpful.

very near the city center, too close to the city's main...

it is in the second floor so i had to carry my luggage upstairs

very near the city center, too close to the city's main attractions and the train and bus stations. big rooms service was good, breakfast was ok. overall was a great experience

it was mediocre
    • Double or Twin Room

The hallways smelt damp and had stains on the carpet, the staff didn't look interested when they spoke to you, they were distracted by their laptops.

The comfort of the beds.

Never again!
    • Double or Twin Room

That´s an unbelievable place. So out of date, so ugly that I could not believe my eyes as it is located in the most wonderful city. Please, give me a break. It was more like a dormitory of workers. Never again! For the price like that - I feel like I´ve been robbed.

I had pretty good internet connection and the bed was pretty comfy.

It was just ok.
    • Double or Twin Room

Noisy area, hard to fall asleep with all the traffic noise, dirty curtains, poor wi fi connection and slow speed, bedsheets looked like they have not been cleaned properly.

Breakfast was good with lots of choices, trams and bus stop was a min away. 25 - 30 mins to get to the central by bus. Grocery shopping stores restaurants/Imbiss nearby. I only book this hotel because it was near to the Amsterdam sloterdijk station where I had to take the bus to Brussels. And this hotel had a reasonable price compared to the others in that area..

The staffs are friendly, good hotel and clean (inside the...

The environment is not really that good and clean, but it is okay, we did not stay outside.

The staffs are friendly, good hotel and clean (inside the room) even though it is a bit old. and it is too big. there is so many rooms.

Cheap for a reason, but okay for just having a room to sleep.
    • Double or Twin Room

The corridor is dirty and disgusting, and a little dark. The noise from the streets and from other guest during walking on the corridor is audible, but it was acceptable for us because we didn't go to rest in the hotel.

The room was okay and clean, except the curtain. We could transport easily between the city center and the hotel with trams and buses.

The level of hotel was consistent with prices, given that everything in Amsterdam is expensive

Too many loud noises (bad isolation from street noises, some incomprehensible creaking, some noisн generator etc.), it is hard to fall asleep. Housekeeping do not know what is foot towel.

Location, service, free wi-fi

Nice hotel for a short stay, with good access to the public transport.
    • Budget Quadruple Room

The towels were clean but had an unpleasant "not fresh" smell. Also. not every person got a big towel.

The hotel is right next to the public transport, no problem at all to catch a ride to the city center. The 4-bed private bedroom was clean and comfy, with a view over the nearby street. Overall, the value for money is great if you are travelling on a limited budget with friends.

Good location, worn down dirty room

The hotel room and bathroom was really dirty & had water leaking into room when was raining.

Value for money, good tram/bus links right outside hotel. Food & supermarket nearby.

Stay away from this terrible hotel and its squalid rooms.
    • Budget Quadruple Room

Everything After our one night stay at this terrible disgusting hotel, my wife found a bedbug in the bed. She starts getting red itching pickles on her skin, forcing us to spend today in the hospital.

Not too bad, we had fun.
    • Budget Quadruple Room

The Hotel is shabby and in a poor state of repair. A blocked drain caused sewage to backup into our shower and we were forced to change room at 1am. There are no facilities in the rooms, no tea and coffee, no bed-side lamps. The second room we went into had a balcony were there was a broken chair discarded dirty underwear and beer cans.

The staff were very nice and helpful. The sheets and towels were clean. The trams run right outside the hotel into the centre of Amsterdam and I liked the area, a bit noisy at night but vibrant and lively with a street market and shopping centre right across the road.

Great value for money in a nice location
    • Budget Quadruple Room

The heating was on all the time and there was only a tiny window to open

Was really inm pressed with the bathroom facilities and the overall room was valup for money the staff were on top form to help us out if we needed it !!!

Ridiculous service of the receptionist

The girl who was at the reception. She was really rude to the customers. Once she told us not to look at her in a rude manner while we were waiting for early checkin. She said she has lot of work showing her table. Until we pay she talked to us in a moderate manner but once we did the payment and came back requesting for early checkin around 11.30 pm she was so rude and said she has lot of work to do showing her table. If she really had lot of work simply she cannot handle the work pressure. Very bad service. But there was an old gentleman he was very nice and helpd us every possible way.

Good hotel for young people.
    • Double or Twin Room

Temperature inside the room should be little bit warmer.

Good hotel for young people. We didn't see any bed bugs as it's written in reviews:-) Good value for its money. Nearby you can find bus and tram stops to the city center.

Handy position to public transport and shops.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room very ordinary. Bedside table very sharp and injured myself on it. Room did not get cleaned until very late afternoon.

Handy position to public transport and shops.

Go down the road to Best Western

Room security lock not working Electrics poor in room ... bed side lights not working Dirty passageways ...empty bottles on floor and discarded food wrapping Key card for room fails... have to return to reception for new card issues The hotel location has no bars or restaurants that serve beer or wines, a 1.5 km walk is necessary. (not the problem of the hotel)

Was a tram stop right outside.
    • Double or Twin Room

Out of the way, a good 20 min + on the tram from dam square. Pricey for what it is. Very noisy in the corridors and can here alot of noise from outside as on a main road

Was a tram stop right outside. Room very basic but did the job. Clean enough.

Soft bed with a filthy background
    • Double or Twin Room

1. The overall look was filthy. The carpets in the hallway were extremely dirty. 2. There were holes in the wall. 3. The tiles in my bathroom were cracked. 4. My door could not lock from the inside, I had to put chairs in front of the door during the night. 5. There were also a Contiki group in the hotel. They were noisy. There were a cat walking around on the tables during breakfast. I am not a cat person. This was not nice at all. I have photos to proof all of the above!

The location was good, next to bus stop and a big supermarket across the road. The bed were very comfy and soft.

The hotel was disgusting do not stay at slot animals hotel

Everything. The room stank of dirty feet. The door lock was broken, as was the in room safe. The main room door could be opened without a key card. The reception did not care at all. The place was horrible and ruined my holiday

Leaving

Awful.
    • Double or Twin Room

Awful. Receptionist was very rude when checking in. There was another person sleeping in our room when we got home from dinner. Night Porter said "I'm on my own and it's very busy" Our keys never worked.

Horrible. Dirty and smelt funky. Very dirty. Beg bugs or mites. Stay away! Not worth the cheap price

Almost everything. Smelt weird, which we should of left the hotel as soon as we opened the door because it smelt like something had died. Next day all of us started getting bites on our body, must be bed bugs. Absolutely disgusting. Come back home to experience little bite marks. No thanks. Stay away! Honestly you'd rather pay the extra 20/30/or 50 unless your happy with bringing little new friends home. Thinking about the stay is just making me angry because of how bad the room was itself. Don't be fooled by the size and price of the hotel. We are idiots who thought nothing of the smell but I'm warning you now, NO GOOD!

The location was ok especially for halal food.

Good for location and for a tight budget especially in Amsterdam
    • Double or Twin Room

I'm not a squeamish person and can handle dirt. However, the state of the hotel is terrible. The hotel carpets are very dirty and the hallways are very long. The wifi didn't work consistently. We thought initially it was because we were far away from the reception area, but when I tried to book something the next morning while I was in the reception area, the wifi wasn't working either. I think it may be an American thing, but my mom and I were disappointed that there was no air conditioning (it's ok, it was mentioned in the booking) but horrified that there was not a fan either (try living in a humid tropical place all your life, this is why we can't survive without some kind of ventilation). Our room was right above a lively restaurant downstairs, so we could hear everything. Thankfully I had great earplugs and blocked out all the noise and fell asleep.

The location was so easy to get to from the airport. We took bus 69 from Schipol straight to the hotel. The dropoff point is literally not even a block away from the hotel. Plus there is a big supermarket across the street. There are a lot of places to eat around the hotel, though we didn't eat anywhere around there. They are very nice about luggage storage--it's free. The front desk staff were very nice. One of them let us refrigerate our sandwich meat downstairs since there are not refrigerators in the room. Surprisingly, the shower was huge and that was a plus!

DO NOT STAY HERE!!
    • Double or Twin Room

Awful staff that lied to us after raising a complaint. Dangerous room with fittings falling off and stink of smoke, noisy and fittings missing

The only thing that is good about the hotel is the transport

Comfortable beds, nice sized rooms and good location for...
    • Budget Quadruple Room

Accomodation was lovely and cosy but still feel it was too expensive! Limited breakfast options.

Comfortable beds, nice sized rooms and good location for getting trams into centre. Clean bathrooms with a powerful shower.

Good place to stay at low budget if you book early.

The room was shown in a good way in booking.com but actually it was not that great. Good for 1 night stay. No air conditioning in room.

The location was near metro and bus station so travelling was comfortable.

The receptionist that usually works the evening shift is the...

Maid stole some of our money, 2 fire alarm tests were conducted at the crack of dawn without any warning. Beds were rarely made up and towels never changed. Windows barely opened so temperature of room was almost unbearable at times.

The receptionist that usually works the evening shift is the loveliest man around; full of advice and just generally friendly. Beds were very comfortable and generally clean ( as long as you look after the room yourself)

Browse Hotel Nieuw Slotania traveller photo gallery