Reviews of Stayokay Amsterdam Oost (Zeeburg)

Timorplein 21, Zeeburg, 1094 CC Amsterdam, Netherlands

#174 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

Based on 6807 hostel reviews

Great choice for a cheaper option that's still really close to the city centre.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

It's huge so it can be a little difficult to socialise and meet other travelers. I did make some friends but it took a while. The staff were friendly and helpful but didn't go above and beyond like some of the other smaller hostels I've stayed at.

A lovely bike ride into the city centre (don't let the staff talk you out of it), it's only 15mins on bike - rent your bikes next door to the hostel for cheap. It was very clean and comfortable and I was happy with my choice!

Stay at STAYOKAY
    • Family Room (6 Adults)

They "lost" parts of my booking so asked me to pay again, it took half an hour to sort it out. Not sure whose fault it was but was really stressful as it wasn't me who came to claim the room.

The room was great, 2 bunk beds and a double bed / 2 mattresses in the "attic". The bed set were nice and warm. The bathroom was okay but when showering some water got into the room creating a mess. You need your own towels or you need to pay 4.50 euro to get some from them.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

The rooms were clean, beds are comfortable.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

the internet is very slow, even disconnect automatically several times during our stay. Location is not so good, but tram station available within 2 min walk.

The rooms were clean, beds are comfortable. Located near tram station

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

The place was clean
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

There want a great hostel vibe. Not really recommend for a solo traveller. Getting to and from the airport required 2 trains and 10-12 mins walk, which can be confusing when you first land in Amsterdam.

The place was clean

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Safe, clean, comfortable
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I liked almost everything. They are doing some construction there... There was no noise issue. But the locker in my room wouldn't lock. So front desk watched my luggage free of charge. Thank you!! Luck of the draw with neighbours...bring ear plugs. That's normal advise for hostels though.

Bed was comfy. Room was spacious and very clean. Toilet and shower rooms were impeccably clean. Nice sink area also. Bar served decent drinks and food. The place is very safe with families and kids everywhere. Highly recommended for solo female travelers. The location is reasonably good. Easy to get to everywhere in Amsterdam. I picked this location because I wanted a dorm room with fewer beds per room and I wasn't disappointed.

Perfect place for traveling alone in Amsterdam
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Very nice and friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms, safe and interesting neighborhood, easy to reach with public transport and just few minutes away from the center, just 15 minutes walk. The entire hostel is quite unique, cozy, colored and welcoming. In a word: lovely! I would definitely stay here again and advise the place to anyone!

It is not the place where people can meeting and hanging out...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Smart and cosy place. Not very near to the center but you can rent bike and drive it. Staff here is pretty good and kind at all.

It is not the place where people can meeting and hanging out to which other like an another hostels when I live.

Overall it was a good experience.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Outside of WC, there aren't doormats in the dorms, so either one has to bring extra pair of slippers or live with some wet sports in the room.

It has a very friendly and helpful staff. The bar at the property has small but good collection of drinks. In the dorms each bed has private locker, plug-in points and light bulb facility.

place was cheap
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

place was under renovation so there was noise and less areas to lounge around. rooms were clean overall except for bathrooms. i guess it's part of being with multiple people in one room.

place was cheap food was ok overall at an affordable price. would def recommend if planning to stay a couple of days.

Staff we're very helpful and welcoming.
    • Family Room (6 Adults)

The room was quite warm with the window open

Staff we're very helpful and welcoming. Building and room was very clean. Would recommend to anyone going there. There's a tram stop outside to get straight into town. Good shops nearby. Each person gets a roomcard so ideal if you're in a group.

Comfy
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

You need to take tram to city centre, if you're planning to buy GVB tickets it's great, but if you're not, then concidering somewhere else not far to centre.

It's really comfy and clean. There's a tram station near by, easy to reach centre and train station around 20 mins. Free luggage storage after check out.

I'd be back again!
    • Family Room (6 Adults)

Just a problem with the sink but nothing serious..

I was only worried about the location but the hostel is very close to tram stop so you easily go to the city. Very clean hostel and helpful staff. They rent bikes but there is also a shop next door that is cheaper. Room for 6 people is big enough. Toilet and showers are separated so it's perfect for large groups.

New, modern, organised and clean hostel with friendly staff...
    • Quadruple Room

I would appreciate recycle bins for separated waste, especailly for plastic + I found the individually plastic wrapped sheets really unnecesary kind of waste. Especially for a company who presents as eco-friendly. There are no recycle bins for plastic even in the neighbourhood, so taking your trash out doesn't solve the problem :(

New, modern, organised and clean hostel with friendly staff and features like el. sockets at every bed and wooden plates covering part of the bed area for a little privacy. Kind of a "hostel of future" for me, comparing to other hostels i.e. from London.

Trans-cend the dam
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

As a transwoman, I always don't feel too safe being in a room with too many men. I have mentioned earlier that I'm trans when I booked. I was not given option to be in female dorm. The least the staff can do is to balance the gender in the room so I don't feel horrible there. Luckily nothing untoward happened. The staff have been nice generally. Just wished that this is something better thought out for people like me. This is one of the reasons many trans people never travel or get to travel. We need institution such as yours to make it safe and comfortable for people like us to travel to say the least. 4-person dorm has poor internet.

The 8-person dorm was better than the 4-person dorm in terms of amenities. It's cleaner and bathrooms were more well thought out with space to put things there.

Exactly like the name says, it is a place to stay ok.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The smell. My room and some corridors smelled bad but didn't look dirty.

Nothing amazing, but nothing to complain about either. It is really big and full of young people, so I guess if you're looking for a place to meet people, it's a great place.

Very young clientele (except me!) - I felt a bit uncomfortable at times - e.g. sharing a dorm with
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

It was very warm in the dorm. It was very warm weather but there is no aircon and no way to open the windows. I could not sleep. The dorm was tiny - not really big enough for 6 people and all their stuff. It is a big hostel and there were often queues at reception at peak times

Food was good (breakfast and evening) Lots of facilities Secure garage for our bikes Staff were very helpful and cheerful

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Perfect but a little too noisey
    • Family Room (6 Adults)

Because its a hostel there was kids running around till all hours most days this was alright apart from the last when we needed to get up early. Also there was building work early in the morning however i cant really blame the hostel as they was making it look pretty.

Really clean, right next to a tram stop, great facilities inside, staff are really helpful and just a great vibe.

I felt welcomed and safe.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

A community no price board to connect with hostwl users for specific needs. i e. To arrange a share taxi if others are leaving for airport in the early hours of the morning.

I liked the toilet and shower room were in the dorm.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Very good for a hostel
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Most of the things screeched, one bathroom lamp automatically turned on and off without any movement in the room, with a clicking sound all night.. Shower room was quite small and no space to undress and dress within. Restaurant didn't appear to be open, even though it should have been.

Nice organisation, staff very friendly and approachable, room as expected in a hostel. You can leave your luggage in lockers in the room or in a secure luggage room.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Clean, comfortable and friendly staff
    • Family Room (6 Adults)

We are a family of five and this was a good alternative to a hotel. Room was very clean. Location good very close to a tram line and also a good eating area. Staff were very helpful and it was convenient to be able to buy tram tickets from reception.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Overall, I feel that it was worth the money spent, and I will recommend it to friends.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

I was expecting a larger room, to be completely honest. The room that I got was quite narrow, and crammed with seven beds. Plus there were only six lockers in the room, meaning one person had no locker.

The staff was super friendly and helpful. Each bed had its own socket (mine had two), and the wifi was very good! The breakfast was good, and the location was also okay, about 20-30 minutes away from Amsterdam Centraal by foot. I also liked the fact, that it didn't get noisy at night, despite there being lots of travelers.

Very clean .

Restaurant facilities not much .

Very clean . Really worth the money paid. If you plan your meals out it's great as breakfast not much. But I will recommend this place .

Okay place to stay in Amsterdam.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Quite expensive for a hostel. You are not allowed to take food or drink to your room, and the restaurant in the hostel is expensive. The light in the toilet was a motion activate one, but only stayed on for about 10 seconds, so lots of frantic arm waving was required to keep the light on. The pillows are ridiculously large, too large to comfortably rest your head on. A long walk into town, but right next to a tram stop.

Rooms and bathrooms are clean and tidy. Beds are comfy except for the pillows. Friendly staff. Good WiFi.

I stayed ok ;D
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

- uncomfortable stairs to reach the bunk bed - the wc separated from the bathroom

Nice and very helpful staff and clean room! Perfect position to easily reach the center with the tram and visit the city!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Good experience
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Some of staff are rude, also I want ti stay less for than 11 hrs on weekend but they have stupid policy during weekends should book 2 days!

Facilities, bus tickets, furnished rooms, very clean, big hostel, meet people from every where, fast wifi..

situated in a nice quiet neighborhood, easy to park the car...
    • Family Room (6 Adults)

situated in a nice quiet neighborhood, easy to park the car nearby and get to the city centre in tram. Lot's of space in front of the hostel were the children can play outside.

We booked a private room with 6 friends.
    • Family Room (6 Adults)

Watch out if you'r a belgian like me. I was surprised because of the hatred the dutch have against belgians. We came by car and in the hotel lobby they warned us that the car windows from belgian vehicles are regularly smashed in. You can notice the subtle despise of the dutch on many occasions

We booked a private room with 6 friends. It was clean, it was silent, there was enough room... It was excellent!

Nice
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Mixed rooms. And the room was too hot. I was there during the summer.

I stayed just for a night. I had a problem on my trip so I had to book a cheap place to sleep, I didn't have time to search or to read about the room. I arrived late and the staff was very nice to me. When I arrived at my room, I found out that I was the only lady in the room, I had to admit that I was a bit concerned, but I didn't complain, as I said, I didn't read about the room, I just booked. But the room is very organized, you have a place to keep your things (it would be better if we had a key) and your own electric socket. I didn't have time to have breakfast, so I can't talk about it. I like it and I'll definitely come back one day.

This hostel was amazing!
    • Family Room (6 Adults)

This hostel was amazing! Exceeded my expections !! The room was perfect for me & my friends . Spacious and comfortable and the hostel itself was very welcoming and relaxed ! Overall an amazing stay :) would 200% be back !!

- Nice staff
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

- A kitchen or even a microwave would have been nice, but it was forbidden to bring your own food. Amsterdam is quite an expencive city so I was missing having some cooking opportunities. - I did not enjoy having a toilet and shower in the room: it was awkward to use the sink when roommates were sleeping

- Nice staff - Very clean hostel

Nice place but too hot.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

during summer the rooms are so effing hot, they don't have A/C, not even a fan. Also you can't open the windows so it gets really hot at night. Also, the location is not as close to downtown as I thought it was.

The building is really nice and it really makes it easy to hang in there if you're tired. Also the little park next to it is perfect to chill at night. They can storage your luggage for free if needed.

Great stay in Amsterdam.
    • Family Room (6 Adults)

We have booked a room for our family (5 people for a 6 beds room). Is was quiet. The breakfast was good. The proximity of the tramway was convenient. We recommend this Hotel.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

The weather was very hot, and my room has not any normal...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The weather was very hot, and my room has not any normal window!! only big glass window which cant open!! so its literally fell like you are in jail !! I asked the reception about this and answer was you can get a fan but u pay 10 euro first as deposit and get it back once you return the fan again, i really not recommend anyone to stay in a room like this in summer

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

The different kind of service as the bike rent inside the...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

There was not possiblity to open the room windows, so It was too much hot especially in the rooms lit by the sun in the south side of the building

The different kind of service as the bike rent inside the hostel, also the bar and the living room. The rooms were clean and quite new. After that the staff was very friendly, kind and always helpful

Clean and beautiful.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

No atmosphere at all. The bar sucks. No good for solo travelers.There was no air conditioning and it was hot as hell. The outdoor area closes in 10pm and they force you to go inside. Also after 10 pm you can not even sit outside the hostel on the street. Literally they have guards that won't let you come nearer than 20 meters.

Clean and beautiful.

Friendly but wouldn’t stay again
    • Comfort Double Room

If you’re staying for more than one night you will get a 10.15 wake up call kicking you out of the room despite the fact you’re not checking out. Sounds like a fire alarm. Not impressed.

Was clean.

Not a bad place to stay in Amsterdam where everything is at high price.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

No ventilation in the room. I was lucky the weather change and the nights I stayed were cool. Otherwise, I would be sweating all night long.

The super high ceiling and the indoor bathroom. Very comfortable bed for good rest. Tram 14 stop 5 mins away brings you to Amsterdam Centraal (15 mins). Very nice and kind staffs at the reception. All young people! Locker, bed light, bed charger, all you need. They even set the light at the same level as the upper bed so it would not affect too much.

Stayed for 5 nights, would recommend to anyone
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The hostel looked clean, as did the rooms - exceeded my expectations in comparison to some other hostels I've seen. Can fully recommend this hostel when you're going on a chill trip in Amsterdam. The city center is a bit of a walk away, but the tram (stop next to the hostel) will take care of that and you'll be in city center in 10 min.

It was great, would definitely stay again
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

It was a great hostel, although would’ve been nice to have somewhere to cook

The staff were amazing and helpful, helping with my booking and made my trip comfortable and easier. The beds are really nice and comfy, with a plug socket for each bed and a light. The beds have a little privacy with the little wall by the pillow.

Room was clean.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Small rooms with not so good ventilation. If it is anything hotter than 25 degrees, don't go there, you'll be toast. Common area was not very good + it was dirty as were the common toilets. There is no common kitchen, so you cannot cook by yourself.

Room was clean. 30 minutes walk from the city which is not too bad.

My Adam Stay
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

I was disappointed they could not provide electric fans in rooms to circulate the air. I could not sleep at night and I sweated all the time every night I was there. What their saving grace was the .ca vilify w as always kept clean and the staff was friendly ,efficient and helpful.

Cleanliness , efficient and friendly staff.

Knowledgeable and friendly staff with very clean and spacious (but HOT) rooms!
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

It was way too hot and there are no fans. The windows don't open enough for proper ventilation and without fans it was miserable, both day and night. My last night there people were sleeping in the lobby because it was so hot up in the rooms. It was at least 80 degrees Fahrenheit in my room on my last day which made sleeping and packing miserable.

The entire building was very clean and it was nice that the rooms are so spacious. Breakfast was a good value.

the location and transportation are easy to find and...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

one thing only i didnt like, that when i came my first night that stay in that hostel, the ventilation of room, thier is no even fan to give an air in the room, although i came in summer time.

the location and transportation are easy to find and accessible area.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Clean.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

No AC is okay given it rarely gets hot but for gods sake why fix the windows so they will only open 3 inches. Room was stiffling lol night because what little breeze there was couldnt get past the window. No other place I've stayed does this. Handy tip if you have a Phillips head screwdriver you can fix this yourself. My room had Wash basins in room rather than separate en suite meaning more interruptions to other guests. Lift broken for 2 days. A broken lift can happen but why wasn't it fixed.

Clean.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Fair price for the location but small improvements needed

No soap was provided to wash your hands with in your own hotel room which was a major negative in my eyes, a small bar of soap is not exactly costly therefor after arriving in your hotel room to find no soap to wash your hands with can be dishearting and leave a bad taste in your mouth. We also had to make our own beds( which it states on the website) however these little things could be improved if you are paying £50 a night to stay here.

Location is very good, lots of little cool places to eat and drink nearby and not so touristy like the center. Staff were very helpful and smiley upon arrival and allowed us to check in 2 hours earlier than expected.

Property seems used to be a school campus, so it’s quite...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

No kitchen facilities. No food and drinks allowed. Extremely warm and stuffy room. A bit away from everything else. Staff weren’t very friendly or particularly polite. They are helpful but sounded tired/fed up. Not really good place to stay for solo travelers, maybe good for a big group.

Property seems used to be a school campus, so it’s quite spacious.

It was close to some restaurants and a 3 minute walk from...
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I was not able to open the window. It wasn't too bad, but when its hot there is no option other than going outside.

It was close to some restaurants and a 3 minute walk from the bus/tram station and was pretty convenient location wise.

The dorm was very very hot.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The dorm was very very hot. Could not sleep. The large windows that catch the sun light and heat all day long don’t open and there is no AC. Very uncomfortable.

Liked the Oost zone
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Got a really unpolite employee and the rooms were very hot at the point that was hard to sleep. Also the vibe of the hostel is cool but big in a way it doesnt create an environment for meeting new people

Clean rooms, simple but good breakfast, friendly staff.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

No airco and only 1 small window that can be opened in the room. Feels like you have to sleep in an oven... Bar closed at 11pm at Friday - are you guys kiddin’ me?? Extra fees for towels (why not include that in the regular booking?) It’s slightly overpriced, but that seems an Amsterdam thing.

Clean rooms, simple but good breakfast, friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

nice. hot during daytime. but nice cool at night.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

one staff was really unfriendly to a customer. (not for me, but I saw it and I tried to help, and the staff was like "you can help, it is none of my business" face. It causes only problems if she treats customers in this way.

The staff are really friendly and helpful! Clean bedsheet. Nice and comfortable lobby and very good breakfast buffet!

Clean and simple, but pricey for what it is
    • Quadruple Room

We paid almost 200 eur for a room for two of us and two small kids, and I just think it was not worth that money. It is very basic, with expectations to make up your own beds, bring your own towels etc. It seems to be fitted for younger crowds, as there were people singing and partying well into the night just outside of our window.

Nice big space, clean and well kept. Plenty of common areas, generally a great vibe.

Worst hotel I've stayed at this year.

Staff was not quite polite and didn't seem to care. There was no air-conditioning in the rooms (it's summer time so its warm). Despite booking a private room (I had expected it to be a hotel), there was no room service and I even had to put on my own bedsheets. We were also disallowed to bring in food and drinks into the room, which is ridiculous since I had a private room and not a shared dorm. I hated this place and if you want travel freedom, be sure not to pick here.

Easy access to the city, comfortable bed.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

I arrived 1am to check in and found out I was supposed to stay in a bunk bed on the top. I could see there was an empty bunk bed beside mine and I went downstairs to ask if was possible to change as nobody was there and it was more than 1am. The guy in the reception said he couldn't do anything as he is only able to check in and someone would check in that day - I tried to argue saying that I arrived before and should get the priority but no success. To conclude, there was a heat wave and the windows couldnt be open. When I requested a fan or something - as it was like 37Ca at 2am - they said they didnt have it and I should cope with the weather.

Bed was comfortable and I had my own light and plug in my bed. Breakfast was €6.50 and was very good as well. Location was near to a tram station with easy access to Amsterdam Central. Bathroom and shower were clean, inside the room.

Fantastic
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

Unfortunately there wasn't any air conditioning but no one expected it to get as hot as it did.

It was clean and minimalist but still felt like a home from home by the end of the stay. Everything went easily we had no problems

It's a huge busy hostel.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The only thing I didn't like was there is no communal kitchen, but this is because of the size of the hostel. It's not a backpacking hostel of sorts, more between hostel and hotel!

It's a huge busy hostel. Good for short stays outside of the busyness of the city center. Clean and tidy. Breakfast is great and super organised. Very well run by a huge staff team. Bike rental from the hostel is good, and a great way to travel to the city and around.

Very nice
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

I was bit by bed bugs but i don't think is a general problem all through the hostel. Maybe it más just my bed. When i told this to one of the receptionist i expected her to offer not to charge me for breakfast on that day as an attention (I got bit in one of my eyes, so it was visible and most annoying), but she didnt. Thats not her fault, it's just that i felt it would have been a positive detail.

Clean shower and toilet. Good breakfast. Train station and metro stop close.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

It was good but could have been better
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

No airconditioning of the facility. The heat was unbearable, especially in the dorms where the windows were blocked and wouldn’t open. Just a small crack, far from enough. I wouldn’t recommend this hostel on hot days, which now often occur in summertime

Staff was great, helpful and friendly. Nice atmosphere with lots of interesting people. Fairly good breakfasts. Minimum bureaucracy, very democratic management and big family attitude.

Staff were very friendly
    • Family Room (6 Adults)

Well I was never told when I booked that any renovation would be going on in the hotel so when we arrived and seen work men boarding up doors and then walked inside to see that most of the foyer was closed off we were not to impressed. We checked in the room and the heat was unbelievable there was only one very small window in the room that only opened a touch and no windows in the bathroom or toilet. There were six of us staying in that room and it was 30C + the whole time we were there no air con or fans at all. The refreshments bar was only open for so many hours in the day so if you wanted a coffee late at night you couldn't get one it should of been 24hrs but the renovations had impacted on this. The shower would not stick on a certain temp either kept going from hot to cold just lots of small things really impacted our stay.

Staff were very friendly

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

most staff were friendly and helpful.
    • Family Room (6 Adults)

rooms were too hot with no fans,window barely opened,one of us slept outside as we couldn’t deal with the heat of the room.

most staff were friendly and helpful.Bit far but the building was nice.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Large lobby area.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Hot and stuffy room. No ventilation. Couldnt sleep because of this. Too expensive for a hot and stuffy room.

Large lobby area. Good wifi. Nice bar. Big screen screening the football world cup. Friendly staff.

Pretty close to the city centre.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The wifi available in the rooms was horrible. There is no form of ventilation available in the rooms. You can’t even open the windows to get fresh air. You at least need a fan or something during the summer

Pretty close to the city centre.

Rooms are clean but uncomfortably hot in summer.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The room was uncomfortably hot and the windows can’t be opened. However I understand that this is an unusual circumstances that this summer is hotter than usual. May be provide a fan in the room?!

It’s clean and modern looking. I can rent a bike from the reception.

What to expect from a hostel

Expensive considering what the facilities were like (2 person room). No aircon. Unfomfortable beds.

Hostel is located in a great area with less tourisme (Oost), but still offers markets and authentic cafés, bars and restaurants.

Very good and friendly!
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Everything was very good ! I just think they could have a kitchen if any guest wants to cook so it's cheaper than eating out. Besides that, everything was perfect!

People from the staff were so friendly I just love it. The bedrooms are very good and comfortable. The bathrooms are inside the room so it's perfect! Very clean. Close to supermarkets and bus/tram stops. I highly recommend this hostel! I must congratulate the staff you do a very good work you are so kind and friendly I felt very welcomed in this place!!! ;)

friendy and helpfull staff.
    • Family Room (6 Adults)

need to take a tram to go to the city centre

friendy and helpfull staff. close to tram and bus. nice area if you want avoid the very touristic buzzing centre

Pubic area is spacious, it’s in a quiet neighborhood, but...
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

It’s an averaged hostel with a little bit higher price.

Pubic area is spacious, it’s in a quiet neighborhood, but not far from the city center, you can bike to most attractions in 10-20 minutes.

The friendly environment.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

No kitchen. The room has poor ventilation. The bike sheld has restricted access. The location is somewhat inconvenient. There was noise from construction starting at 07:00.

The friendly environment.

nice one
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

1. wifi connection on the 3rd floor isn't good 2. no fridge 3. widnow in my room could not be opened as I wanted

price, clean, calm, shower and a toilet are Ok, stuff and sofas on the 1st floor

Beds and shower are comfy
    • Family Room (6 Adults)

Rooms not big enough (not much space for luggage) No air conditions or fans in the rooms Rest rooms are small Wifi not working well all the time and doesn't work for all websites Not value for money considering that for towels, shower gels etc you have to pay extra and apart from that, it is not close to the city centre There aren't a lot to do nearby (we only saw quite a few shops or restaurants near the hostel)

Beds and shower are comfy Nice room Close to a nearby tram station Staff is really helpful

Nice staff and comfortable rooms.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

I didn't like only the shower and breakfast. I hoped that there will be a cabin for shower. Breakfast needs some variety. All other things were really good.

Nice staff and comfortable rooms. Many interesting options in hostel.

Nice Hostel
    • Family Room (6 Adults)

- you need to arrange your room during your staying as the house keeping don't clean the room unless in check in and check out. i think the value for money is expensive.

Friendly staff, location is at quite zone, very close to tram and about 15 min. to city center and Dam Square and Amsterdam train Centraal station. the kids area in front of the hotel. they accept to keep our luggage when we checked out for 4 hours.

• Bed in 6-Bed Dormitory Room

The room and the ground floor of the hostel was hot. Windows in the rooms can not be opened fully.

Good location, its less than 10 minutes by bus number 22 from Amsterdam central station. Value for money. Very helpful staff.

Best Value for money
    • Family Room (6 Adults)

Second time staying in a StayOkay hostel and both times have been delighted. Great location, staff and price. The hostel is kept spotless inside and out and there is plenty of space in the rooms, definitely my go-to place to stay.

The stayok hostel is very comfortable.

The stayok hostel is very comfortable. Rooms are clean, spacious and well appointed! The hostel is very close to the city centre but a step away from the chaos. Really a perfect place to explore and relax.

Browse Stayokay Amsterdam Oost (Zeeburg) traveller photo gallery