Reviews of Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam 4 stars

#6 of 10 hotels in Schiphol

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Comfy bed, nice underfloor heating in bathroom
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Tea and coffee in room wasn’t replaced from last occupant. When called to ask for more in the evening, no one brought any up. Asked again the following day and they brought some up, but no nespresso capsules despite asking. Room service charges €10 fee At sports bar, food took a while to come, people arriving after us got their food before us. When the food arrived my partners dish was cold so they took it away and replaced it, by which time i had finished my meal. Only received “apologies from the kitchen”

Comfy bed, nice underfloor heating in bathroom

Business Hotel close to the airport
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

TV not working properly in the room.

Good shuttle service (every 30 min) from the airport to the Hotel, the hotel is spacious, nice GYM and pool, also some SPA service available. Also used the conference facilities, good service and ok standard for a short seminar.

Perfect place for a relaxing step over

Can't think of a thing.

Everything was perfect. My friend and I wanted a few days to relax before returning to th US and before the 9 hour flight. We relaxed, enjoyed the spa and pool, ate in the restaurant. This place was perfect. The entire couldn't have been nicer. Isaac our waiter for two nights was very kind and gracious.

Would stay again

Nothing springs to mind

Clean, friendly helpful staff, very comfortable beds. Secure parking (although not free so you have to pay) under hotel. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice.

Great stay.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Far from the city centre. Taxis are stupidly expensive. We used the shuttle bus to the airport and from there took the train to the Central Station. There're also bus options or bikes to rent.

We got amazing value for money at this Hotel. Very clean, big rooms with thermostat - very easy to control the temperature; it has all the amenities and facilities that you could think of. Super friendly staff, The breakfast is a feast. The shuttle bus to the airport every half hour was helpful also. Highly recommended.

Breakfast buffet was amazing and the bed was super comfy.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I paid 150 euros as a deposit and 126 should have been deducted from that amout due to services that I used. Having checked on arriving home, I should has been credited 23 euros but that did not happen.so I have been left out of pocket.

Breakfast buffet was amazing and the bed was super comfy. Great facilities especially the ice dispenser on the landing.

It was clean, shuttle from hotel to the airport
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It's far from center, and not really 4 star, old furniture old refrigerator, it's an old 4 star Hotel

It was clean, shuttle from hotel to the airport

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Excellent service and facilities with reasonable price
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Line ups at front desk were generally bad a needed to wait.

Room was larger than normal for Europe. Great facilities and very clean. Good choices for dining on site

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Beautiful hotel; bad food.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The food ordered via room service was AWFUL...the worst during this 3-week trip to Europe. The creme brûlée was runny/thin; the food was COLD; the vegetarian meal was uninteresting with a distasteful sauce (sort of Indonesian—which I usually like—but it was just bad). OK to stay here, but do NOT eat here.

Beautiful, clean, modern hotel. Adequate shuttle to/from airport.

One night in Steigenberger
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was good choice but cooked breakfast was bad...sausages (both sorts that were on offer) were hard. Eggs too runny and not cooked well. Bacon dry...maybe covers on the open food would also maintain hygene and protection from flies and sneezing, coughing guests!

Sauna and wellness centre great!

Made the stopover comfortable and easy

Nothing - all good

The hotel is well suited to cater for travellers using the airport, we stayed over for 1 night before flying out and it had everything we needed - clean comfortable room, efficient front of house service, small shop to purchase essentials (drinks/snacks) and a good bar serving a range of meals/snacks/sharers. All staff efficient and friendly

There is a free shuttle from Schiphol right through to the...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Not much I could fault really. Only thing would be? which is no fault of hotel, but previous stupid guests, that smoke in the bathroom under the fan thinking no one will notice. It was a very strong smoke smell

There is a free shuttle from Schiphol right through to the hotel, no charge and you don’t have to book, so good

Very nice rooms, close to Amsterdam Bos
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

1.Lack of dining options, very few places to eat, and the ones inside the hotel itself have very poor service, you'll be waiting for a very long time. Room service is also very expensive. 2. City center isn't easily accessible and the hotel shuttle bus doesn't always stop to pick up passengers from the airport to the hotel. We've seen it drive pass the station where we've been waiting for 20 minutes, twice, until we gave up and decided not to rely on it anymore. 3. Service isn't as attentive as a 4 stars hotel should have (safe in our room wasn't working since check in, we asked front desk to send someone to fix it, twice, and no one even came to check it out, for our entire stay of 6 nights.

1. Room are very nice and clean. 2. Location is very convenient if you need to go to Amsterdam Bos.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Great room and facility, great value of money, but the staff appeared nonchalant
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff didn't seem to care much about guests. They were not rude but also not really helpful. One staff forgot to book the taxi for us, so another one had to book it for us the next morning (without giving us a proper apology for their error) - luckily we were quite ahead of time so it didn't cause us to miss the flight. When the taxi arrived, nobody bothered to tell us and no one cared whether we were leaving with the right taxi or not. They left you completely on your own.

It was a very nice and clean room with large window. The price was very cheap for the quality and location, plus free shuttles. There were many lamps in the room and many TV channels available.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Comfortable stay near the airport
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff is not very friendly. I had a problem with a duplicate charge and had to solve it by email on my return, because reception didn't do it. The food ir really expensive and no so good.

The rooms are comfortable and very quiet. The indoor pool is very nice.

Surprising luxury
    • Superior Plus Room

The food was a little on the expensive side compared to UK prices but it was very good.

Clean, modern interior. Comfortable bed. Lovely gym, pool and spa.

Airport hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Main meal in the sports bar was really excellent and good value for money, however, breakfast was over priced

It was a large clean hotel, perfect for a one night stop over

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Great hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It was a 15 minute bus journey. The 50 euro deposit taken, I was unaware of this policy and have to await a refund yet the hotel can hold the amount straight away therefore refunds should be the same.

The courtesy bus was great. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. The room looks a tiny bit worn in daylight.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

The reception this time was really well organized = short...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

There was some things not working in the room: TV remote control, iron (they repaired it for me). But I was mostly disappointed that after second night (I stayed for 3 nights) my bathroom was not cleaned (which was done after first night) and I did not get another bottle of water in the room (which I did after first night).

The reception this time was really well organized = short check in and short check out, and the shuttle bus was in time.

The room design features, cleanliness, and quiet night - combined to make this an outstanding value.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We liked the outstanding and thoughtful design of the room. The custom cabinets were all intelligently designed and integrated for efficiency and space-savings. The heated mirrors in the bathroom are a great innovation. Everything was clean, well maintained, and fresh smelling. The air conditioning is among the best I’ve experienced - quiet and efficient; no compressor noise or loud fans starting and stopping throughout the night. Everyone was very friendly! A great value - will definitely stay here again during our next visit.

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The shuttle service was only available starting at 6am while I needed it earlier. I would have like to know it before booking so I wouldn’t have be surprise to pay an extra €15 for a private taxi.

Great location. Very conforts le beds.

Great room and staff with very punctual bus service to the airport with brilliant connecting trains.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

As per my previous review of staying here, I stopped off here on the way home for one night, it was still as good as the last time. The only difference was this time I was in the first section and not the second so I took the first lift set and not the second set, on down the corridor. I would say that this room didn't look as modern as the one I stayed in the second part of the building, (using the second lift set in my opinion) however it was still great for myself and did the job perfectly. Final Top tip for this hotel: If you want a room with sliding doors (inside your hotel room) and a bath I would try and see if you can get a room in the first section (you should be able to add it as a special preference / requirement when booking) if this doesn't bother you then go for a longer stay and try and see if you can stay in the second part of the building.

Great room and staff with a very punctual bus service to the airport and back.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

This is not a negative point as such but just a word of caution to others, If you go for the non refundable rate here you will have to pay a deposit on arrival depending on how long you stay at the hotel (prices are approx and could change at any time, i.e £50 for one night, £35 per night for 3 nights or £20 per night for 7 days etc.) Money will then be subtracted from your deposit if you use quite a few things in the hotel (the facilitates that is), ask at the check in desk however for more info on this. This doesn't apply to the free cancellation rates for this hotel.

The hotel room was a great size, it had everything that I needed for a short stay here.The bed itself was very comfy with quite a selection of pillows. The staff were great, they were able to answer any questions I had about the hotel and its facilities. When I arrived earlier than the check in time they offered to store my bags until the room was ready. I know lots of hotels will do this now but its always nice when they ask. It was great value for money in my opinion for what was included. One of the great things about the hotel was the shuttle to and from the airport, twice an hour with regular train connections to the city centre. It was very punctual (hotel shuttle), it left exactly on the advertised time, not a minute later and not a minute before. This meant that you could get from your hotel to the city in under 1/2 an hour which was great. You would think that a hotel like this would be very noisy being right next door to the airport but surprisingly it wasn't. You could have only heard the odd plane taking off or landing if you had your window open and you were really listening out for it.

Excellent place to stay, best breakfast taste ever. Nice swimming pool and sauna.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Beds are regular to sleep. Hotel should buy new beds to make your stay excellent.

Good infraestructure with swimming pool and nice sauna. Excellent breakfast with many options.

Very comfortable
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nothing really. It's an airport hotel, so most people will just crash here before or after a flight. For that, it's perfect.

Very spacious, comfortable rooms. Superb and large double bed. Very quiet - very high quality windows mean you don't hear planes at all. We slept well. The breakfast buffet is really fabulous, one of the best I've ever seen, but this is also reflected in its price (27 Euros). The pool and spa area is very good. Staff allowed us to check in early (11am). There is decent bar food available as well as a separate restaurant. We even went for a nice walk to the woods nearby.

Unfortunately it is mixed!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The food preparation , quality and freshness was well below what was expected. the final insult was the high prices. There is little local alternatives close by.

The room facilities were as described. The airport coach transfer worked as it should.

Overall nice, clean hotel with friendly staff. Only little things could be improved.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Bare in mind this is near to the airport hotel, so not much to do outside hotel and you have to relay on hotel facilities. My bed was just 2 single beds together which is ok if they put one big mattress topper but in this case each bed had its own topper and they were in a bad shape. So I didn't have the greatest sleep.

Great selection for the breakfast (quite pricey though), room was very clean. Handy shuttle bus to the airport every half an hour.

They up graded me to a suite.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Sloppiness of one reservation agent. She just agrees to everything making you believe she will take care of your issues. When I checked out I requested a reservation for my return trip. She just said all is taken care of, but on my return I was informed I had no reservation. So I had to pay for a higher rate as a result. They were kind enough to offer me an upgrade. Watch out for the one who just says "no worries all is taken care of". She said she is new

They up graded me to a suite. This is a very pleasant place. I loved everything about it. Except for the lady who agreed to reserve a room for my return trip but did not offer me a reservation number, so I ended up paying much more for a room because she let the reservation fall through the cracks

Convenient for short stays as close to airport
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The staff could have been better trained. I had to get a manager both visits to resolve my issues

The bed was comfortable. The location to the airport is great.

Perfect airport hotel for crew and others

nothing to say

Close to airport , perfect rooms , pool , massage , sauna , perfect restaurant with 50 % discount for crew members for beverages , one of best steak , clean, fast wifi ...shuttle to airport

Steigenberger Hotel

Nothing to dislike.

Lovely hotel very comfortable. Great rooms with everything you could want in them. Lovely steak in the restaurant. I didnt have the breakfast as we had to leave to go to the RAI too early in the morning. It worked out at about £90 per night which I thought was reasonable for the standard of the hotel. Staff were very pleasant and helpful.

Expensive, check the details of your booking!!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

They didn’t mention that the minibar was included in the price. Room was equipped mostly for one person while we were two. The breakfast was relatively expensive.

Lovely Hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Tip not a complaint as it’s a nice breakfast : Pre book Breakfast it’s a lot cheaper, on the day it’s €27:50 per person, but there’s lots of choice to suit everyone.

Comfy beds, large soundproof rooms. Secure car parking (all be it’s €24 per day) which has female only parking spots near the entrance which is a nice idea. Could take your dog with you and they were welcome even in most parts of the Hotel.

Lovely!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Free shuttle from the airport to the hotel every 30 min! Super clean rooms and super nice! I could print for free a couple documents that I needed to continue my trip.

the hotel location is as stay over between 2 flights acceptable
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The poor quality of food served for dinner. The very high price for the breakfast.

shuttle from and to airport terminal was on time, with friendly drivers and clean cars

Everything we needed for a festival at Amsterdamse bos
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Nice & clean hotel with everything we needed and friendly staff. We stayed here when visiting a festival in het Amsterdamse bos which is only a 15 minute walk away.

10 hour layover
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No early checkin available. For a hotel that large it would be nice to have an outdoor pool.

Free shuttle from airport. No early check in available but had access to spa and gym. Nice outdoor lounge was able to get some sun. Gym was well equipped and pool was ok for an indoor pool.

Hotel is good but don’t eat there
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The prices of food and drinks they are absurd the food was not worth that amount of money . Blocking your credit card for 50 euro

The room was clean and spacious.

Almost everything.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The booking of the breakfast is on the expensive side. The beer and food expensive too. But we understand, it is the location and I think also the demand which is high , that makes it expensive

Almost everything. Transportation facility, cleanliness. Joyful workers ready to assist

Staff were friendly, rooms were lovely with coffee machines,...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

A bit far from Amsterdam Centraal however they had good tramsport links and with the free airport shuttle it was not too hard to go to and from Centraal station!

Staff were friendly, rooms were lovely with coffee machines, comfy beds, robes and slippers and the rooms had air con! The spa was so lovely, very clean and plenty of options for relaxation! You could come in and out whenever you please with your keycard which was great. The sports and media bar was nice too; great coffee and the darta and pool tables were a nice activity to do as well. All round really loved this hotel, would definitely stay there again!

How to spoil a good hotel by not paying attention to guests needs
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The AC was very noisy and asked for it to be fixed. We were told it would be attended to that day. The AC was still very noisy and we discovered that there were no staff on site to repair it anyway, so we were misled.

This is potentially good hotel, lots of flight crews and groups. Overall it’s good hotel but let down by poor service and staff. Good sound proofing, we didn’t hear any planes, just the AC ! There is free parking just outside the Hotel. A good and frequent shuttle to the airport and a frequent train service into the city.

deserves a 4-star mark except for the shuttle service (van too small)
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

shuttle between Schiphol and the hotel too small, not enough space to carry all passengers in one service. fridge not cold even after one night. pool and spa area closes too early, disadvantage for my late check-in.

quiet, cozy and clean room, nearby the airport suitable for next morning flight, spa and gym free of use.

Excellent hotel - beautiful rooms and great facilities
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was very expensive.

Beautiful hotel with large, airy rooms. Good air conditioning and comfortable bed. Loved the spa facilities: a lovely swimming pool, sauna and steam room, along with relaxation spaces. The restaurant and bar have a nice terrace for when the weather is nice. Easy to reach too with a +/- 10 minute shuttle bus service running from Schiphol airport every 30 minutes.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Location and comfortable room.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The bathrooms are slightly dated.

Location and comfortable room. Very convenient before a flight or when arriving back late. Breakfast is second to none!

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

What a bargain! More than we expected
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Unusually hot weather, air conditioning was a little weak, but a room fan helped a lot.

Located 5 minutes from the airport with free shuttle service, which was on time & efficient. Three wonderful in house restaurants.; Sports Pub, breakfast cafe, and Trattoria Restaurant "Best Italian" food this side of Rome. Friendly wait-staff from Sardinia, plus Isaac who was personable and competent. Wonderful pasta special - very reasonable wine prices. Rooms were we'll laid out, with comfortable large double bed and very nice bath. We'll definitely will be coming back!

• Superior Double or Twin Room

The shuttle bus - should be running more often especially in the evening; it is not fun to wait for 25 min and realize that you have to fight for a seat; the buss-driver did not bother to ask another bus to be send and took around 10 standing people. My husband was standing as well, thought in a case of an accident our insurance would not have covered the expense; yet, to wait for another 30 min and perhaps even to get to the similar situation did not feel like appealing option. The rooms under the beds were not cleaned for a while and my boys got the dust allergy also few bites??? It was in both booked rooms only one bathrobe; when phoned to the reception they either didn’t understand or didn’t want to. The cleaning ladies have changed the soap when cleaning, but forgot to check many other things: dirty laundry bags, make-up removing kits were missing. Changing soap after a day use and replacing it with a new one is totally NO-GO due to the impact to the environment and the sustainability. The previous visitors have left the filled out Bewertung in the room. The cleaning personnel did not bother to gather it. I have placed it in the lobby, were it has stayed during the our stay - 2,5 days - without anyone noticing it. The people who filled it out have written they quite a lot. It is a putty that no one cares.

Heated Floors! Nice stay!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Even though I had fully paid for my stay they still wanted to hold 50 Euros on my card "incase I damaged anything in the room?!" Upon checkout they refunded it to me in cash with no issues (so I'm left to wonder, if I had any damages in the room, wouldn't I be long gone by the time housekeeping came by?).

I booked the hotel purely because there was a deal on booking.com, I had never heard of it. We were moving from a hotel in Hoofddorp so it was easy for us as we were already used to using Schiphol airport as the base of getting to and from most places around Amsterdam. The shuttle is offered from the airport at 15 and 45 after the hour and takes 10 minutes to get to the hotel. Shuttle from the hotel operates at 00 and 30 after the hour. Check-in process was easy and front desk amiable. Carmen at check out was extremely pleasant and helpful! We used their luggage storage with no issues because our flight wasn't until 8pm. I requested an allergy-free room and I presumed it meant no carpet but it's actually that the window opens. I'm definitely ok with that and honestly this is the first carpeted room that I have stayed in and didn't get allergies so win for that! Room was spacious, had a slide door for sound-proofing (but we never used it - it was so quiet) and bathrooms were clean. I don't remember reading about the heated floors and mirrors in the bathroom - absolutely the BEST thing I didn't know I needed. Honestly after walking around Amsterdam all day, you can just feel your fatigue draining into the floor. I have never spent so much time just standing in the bathroom! Didn't try the breakfast or use room service so I can't comment on those but would definitely stay here again

• Superior Double or Twin Room

We only stayed for one night as we had a flight in the morning so we did not use so many facilities. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was nice with everything you need. The room was quite and the location was easy to get to from the airport. We took a taxi to get there from the airport as it was super late and the shuttle service has ended. It costed about 20euros.

Close to the airport
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Booket through Trivago in the lobby but needed to wait 45 minutes until I could Check in due to technical issues with online booking. Me and my friends all got sick (diarea) from the tasteless chicken wrap in the bar. I later ordered food from the restaurant (Veal) and it was overcooked and tasteless as well. We all stayed on the bathroom the rest of the night. Staff was not helpful to let me in to the other «tower» to visit my friends and I needed to have them come down to activate the elevator. Staff also failed to book my taxi (took 30 minutes) to the AirPort - so I took the free shuttle bus instead (wasnt informed of that service either..) telephone on the bathroom is a plus?

Close to the airport

It's a good place to stay when flying out from Schipol.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was in need of a major dusting. I accidently dropped something that rolled under the bed - gaaa! Not a pretty sight.

Convenient location, reliable shuttle service, friendly staff.

I love the bed
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The breakfast not that good Check out was not that fast Even though i came for check out 10 min prior the shattle time but there was two employees busy with other two different customers and the third one doing some computor work said he couldnt help with the check out So By that i missed the shuttle and i took taxi on my own because i dont want to miss my flight

I love the bed I love the dinner i ate in the sport and bar reaturant

Told the Italian Restaurant was open on Saturday night but...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Told the Italian Restaurant was open on Saturday night but it wasn’t. How crazy and us with a seven year old. The Sports Bar was unsuitable. Madness to close on a Saturday night. Reception told us on arrival it was open which was very poor

The room was very comfortable and clean and the hotel...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was very comfortable and clean and the hotel personnel really kind. We took the shuttle from and to the airport which is really convenient. It was 10-minutes ride. But it’s only for 12-15 people so you have to be attentive or you can mis it and wait for another 30 minutes. The service from the airport to the hotel is until 23.45.

Best location & service for airport
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Late check in went perfect. Location and shuttle to the airport was really useful. The room was modern, clean and beautiful. I would have stayed one more night.

Satisfied
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

No prior information about the location and departures of a transfer bus. As the other guests complaining about that I had to call the hotel to find out. When leaving the arrivals you need to go to the right following signs to hotel transfers. The bus goes every 30 minutes through most of the day. The iron in the room had such a short cord that it was very difficult to operate. Besides it did not automatically switch off so I was afraid to leave it warm. If you arrive early during the day be aware there is almost nowhere to walk. Sidewalks are very limited.

Complimentary transfer to the hotel. Good breakfast. An iron and a kettle in the room. Lots of rabbits in the area around the hotel. The bathroom: I could choose between taking a shower or a bath as they were separate.

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

If I could think of something, it would be that the shuttle only drives from 06.00 till 23.00. Our flight went to early to cover by shuttle, so we had to order an additional Uber to reach Schiphol on time in the morning.

The hotel has a cool gaming area, a nice sports bar and a wellness centre. The rooms are spacious and the bed is very comfortable. The Bathroom is big, with good lighting and a large mirror. Staff was very nice, hard workers and the shuttle was a massive plus!

Quite on the 6th floor.
    • Superior Plus Room

Quite on the 6th floor. Carpet stained and sticky in my room. Early Breakfast, no one there to get coffee to go! Staff was 50/50. Restaurant was good, food pricey just like I expected. Staff there more attentive.

Perfect as a last night hotel before flying back home from...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Perfect as a last night hotel before flying back home from our long vacation. Very comfortable room and bed, everything looked new, fresh and clean. Staff very polite and helpful. Airport shuttle to hotel and back to the airport in the morning.

10 minutes form the airport.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Can't fault the place, we did get charged twice but just an oversight.

We were only here on s toprover for a few hours but the room was lovely and the bed was the most confortable I ever slept on!

Good place to stay if you need to be by the airport.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The room was very comfortable, the restaurants were good. This hotel has a very friendly staff, who were always very helpful with any questions. The fitness center and pool were nice. If you need to stay by the airport, this is a good option.

Overall good stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Needed to pay a deposit of 150 euro extra for the minibar - this was the explanation, depozit was not mentioned anywhere. This is crazy. I was also overcharged by the hotel. Price on booking was not the same as per the hotel payment, managed to solve the problem but would not expect extra complications during my travel.

Connection to airport ia great, facilities great.

OK hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The shuttle bus only goes between the hotel and the airport (not the city center) and was most of the times late when leaving from the airport. We had problems when checking out due to the reception staff processing payments in different currency without consulting us, which ended up in a 20% larger bill.

The hotel and rooms are spacious and nice.

They will rob you and it will is a junk place to stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

It's a junk place, don't book your rooms they will rob you. Even after paying completely online, they have charged 50 Euro per day saying when you checkout it will be defunded back to your account. Its been 2 weeks since my checkout and it has not been processed yet. Booking.com please help rectify this issue.

Nothing is good here

The stuff is aggressive
    • Superior Plus Room

The stuff is aggressive The location is very bad, no buses no metro, you need about 30 minutes to reach airport then to take metro The internet was very bad and slow and one of the nights was not working The room was clean and good

A posh hotel convenient to go to the airport but not to the city center
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The public transport to the Amsterdam city is not so convenient. We finally decided to go to the city and come back by the hotel shuttle bus to the airport each time.

I adore every detailed smart design of the room which make the space so comfortable, tidy and convenient. It might not be the most luxury hotel I’ve stayed but definitely is one of the most comfortable hotel.

Work travel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Sport room has only 2 bikes and 2 speedwalk so it's difficult to have one when you want. In the morning I could not have one because 3 were al ready taken and the fourth was broken.

Sauna and à big breakfast which was very tasty !

will recommend to friends and considering to come back
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

slight glitch at the reception. there was a mix up in the room assignment so that our name/room was not registered at the restaurant for breakfast

Child friendly; fitness and swimming pool facilities are clean and well-maintained; Wide range of choice for breakfast; comfortable bed.

Great airport hotel with all required facilities
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

A bit expensive for this type of hotel and too far from airport.

Great room, very proportional: bed, TV, free space, office table, corridor, size of bathroom... Hotel includes all essentials in the room: place for the trolley, bathroom that works great, mini bar at no charge, cables and sockets there but hidden, and out: shuttle, fitness, good reception service, good eating places.

We got confusing information regarding the night shuttle to...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We got confusing information regarding the night shuttle to the airport at check-in. Because of that we missed the night shuttle. Not very pleasant if you have to catch an early-morning flight. Meals are a bit expensive.

Good Italian Trattoria on site Monday through Friday.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Good Italian Trattoria on site Monday through Friday. Wait staff were cheerful and energetic. Lovely rooms and access to self serve laundry for five Euros plus soap for another five Euro.

The room was lovely, we stayed in the Deluxe double room.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We had no black tea or coffee complementary in our room only green tea.

The room was lovely, we stayed in the Deluxe double room. The bed was a very big, tv was huge and had a range of free channels. The spa facilities were great too.

Very clean and modern.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

They have charged me twice and now I'm trying to fight to get one lot paid back but got no reply from email. Also was told in confirmation breakfast included but when I went down was told it's not.

Very clean and modern. 24hr reception and helpful staff at check in.

Excellent value for money, super hotel with one significant drawback of no option of a pork free egg
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

While preparing breakfast they cook omelette with pork and vegetarian omelette on the same plate/stove which I found disgusting. They should have separate cooking surface/oil/cooking utensils for food with pork/meet etc and vegetarian stuff. Location is near airport not near city but that's ok.

Shuttle service Extensive menu in breakfast especially fresh fruits and option. To squeeze oranges for juice. Clean Excellent value for money Wonderful reception and breakfast area staff

Good and convenient hotel, staff is not always super friendly but professional. Parking is great
    • Superior Plus Room

shuttle bus did not start until 6am, if you take the shuttle bus earlier, it is the very same guy, same bus but you need to pay a taxi fee of 23 euro for the 7 min transfer to the airport

Hotel is convenient, efficient and has a perfect location if you need to fly somewhere

Great value for money

Nothing. Wished I had stayed longer

Closeness to the airport,the lovely ambience,professional staff and free shuttle bus service to the airport. The rooms were also spotlessly clean with soft beds. I will like to come back.

Browse Steigenberger Airport Hotel Amsterdam traveller photo gallery