Reviews of The White Tulip Hostel

#336 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

Based on 1160 hostel reviews

6.1

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

The property was in a fantastic location, central to...
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

Bad smell in the showering areas. Facilities were spotless but the smell from the drains was a bit over powering. Noisy pub underneath but you can’t have a great location and a quiet property so it depends on what you want. That said , I had an amazing stay.

The property was in a fantastic location, central to everything and Roxy and Anna on the desk were super friendly. Real assets to the white tulip.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Good for partying but terrible for tourism
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

Very noisy. It's not just the other guests that are sometimes high but there is an alarm that keeps playing in the morning (and for my lack of luck besides my ear), and the clocks around the town have bells that play every half hour and specially besides our room window there was one. U won't be able to sleep at the morning, even if u have earplugs. There are also stairs and u must bring your stuff yourself.

In the heart of Amsterdam, very close to the coffee shops and the train station. That helped me cause my flight arrived 1am.

The staff was the nicest of all the hostels I stayed in...
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

The bathroom was a little smelly, but not really dirty.

The staff was the nicest of all the hostels I stayed in Amsterdam. Both in the hostel as in the pub downstairs.

Everything, this is the first hostel I ever stayed in and...
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

Can’t think of something I didn’t like. Always my first choice when in Amsterdam.

Everything, this is the first hostel I ever stayed in and completely opened my mind to hostels and sooo travel. Since Iv been back 5 times. And stayed in 11 different hostels.

Great location, poor facilities, nice staff.
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

It is quite a small hostel, overpriced. There is nothing much other than your room, steep stairs. Bathrooms are outside the rooms and thus shared by many many people. Can be noisy in the night because it is in the close to red light and party area. They don't clean your bed everyday. No elevator. I had a good time in Amsterdam but I could think I could get much better service and facilities for the price I paid for this trip.

Location is great to explore Amsterdam city centre, or to visit other smaller cities in day trips. The staff is very nice.

Perfect Location for One Day Trip
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

Quick and easy check-in, comfortable bed, good shower/bathroom facilities. Location is AMAZING only 7 minutes walk from central (main) station, and is in the hearth of Amsterdam - Definitely recommend!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Heart of Amsterdam
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

Sometimes floors can be dirty, but that is normal because very crowded hostel...

Hostel location is amazing, staff is very welcoming and nice. I guess that is all I look for when searching hostels. :)

Hot, small, loud, not clean but lovely staff and good location.
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

Anything else is below average quality. Toilets and showers were dirty. Rooms were so so hot. No AC. Very loud (due to central location). Tiny stairs going up to the rooms - not friendly for big suitcases. No common area. No Kitchen, no bar. One of the most expensive hostels I ever used - so was pretty disappointed over all.

Sad to be giving the hostel such an average review because the staff were nice. The hostel has a perfect location.

wont be back
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

everything,ihave stayed here several times before about 18 years ago,it was 10 times better.

I was threatened loudly by a man from Brixton,the staff did nothing

Quick stay!! Best Price!!
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

One of the guest present during my stay was troublesome so didn’t bother extending my stay.. it’s good for a quick stop and leave

It’s location, things around it.. best price during the high season

The staff was so nice, especially the girl with blond hair,...
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

The staff was so nice, especially the girl with blond hair, I´m sorry, Ididn´t remember the name :-) I think it is very good location for young people that would like to go on parties, the noise from the street was till approx 4:00 a.m.

the stay was awesome
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

bathrooms were not clean, besides that everything was very good

the location is amazing, staff is very welcoming and nice, and the rooms are comfy and clean. I guess that is all I look for when searching hostels. :)

Clean and modern property.
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

Honestly I found nothing.

Clean and modern property. Friendly staff and great value. I would like to stay again whenever I got chance to visit Hamburg.

location.
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

small toilet, no fan in summer, scarry staircase. no place to keep your toiletries in the bathroom.

location... right at the doorstep of tye redlight!!!

The location was exceptionally good.
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

A bit expensive, specially if you consider that there is no breakfast included. At check-out I was kind of reprimanded by the other receptionist for not having asked earlier to fetch my luggage at the luggage room (because he had to do something else and therefore I should wait to get my bags). Had he only said “sorry, can you wait for a couple of minutes?” it would have been much more polite than what he said. I was told to use one bed and it was already occupied, so I was given another one. People from my room were nice but had no respect for other people’s beds, they would sit on my and other beds when the actual occupant was not there. All in all, I would say that there are other hostels with better services and also very good location in Amsterdam.

The location was exceptionally good. The receptionist at my check-in was very nice and friendly.

GREAT location attached to an Irish bar with a friendly helpful staff.

Can’t think of a thing.

The manager Andris was super friendly and said when I walked I first walked in the door he said, you must be Kirk. He’d read my request for a lower bunk, but remembered my name! Also liked the roll out locker bins from under the bed to store stuff in.

The staff were really friendly, when asked how my first...
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

It’s pretty unclean, the guests are there to party and have no regard for other travellers so not good if you want a good nights sleep. The beds were uncomfortable. I was also the only female in with 5 guys, which made me feel a bit uncomfortable, I think they should consider that when arranging the guests. The wifi was really dodgy and constantly dropped out, and often there was no one staffing the front desk - I had to wait 15 minutes to check in and when coming back had to wait again until someone was coming out to get back in.

The staff were really friendly, when asked how my first night was I let them know that people had kept me up all night and they changed me to a smaller dorm which was really appreciated. The location is excellent, I walked everywhere and even though it’s in the red light district I always felt safe as there are so many people around. Big lockers to store your stuff and free towels available in reception. They offer a discount in the downstairs pub but I didn’t check it out.

Bunk Bed too close to the ceiling. No chilling area in the hostel.
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

Bunk Bed on the second floor is very uncomfortable since it is too close to the ceiling. My head always hitting the ceiling 👎🏻 Room is too dark.

Good Location

Location was good right in the middle of red light district...
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

Rooms get very hot and VERY smelly. Virtually no air flow (even with Windows open). Bed was very old and sitting on it normal could feel individual springs digging in. Bathroom has zero windows and was bascially a sauna.

Location was good right in the middle of red light district with lot of food choices and things to do around. Staff is very helpful.

This is a great location to party, sleep, and shower only.
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

The cleanliness of the bathroom/shower areas and connectivity to the internet was very poor.

I liked the location, room set up with individual plugs, cleanliness of the room, and staff customer service.

Room is good and bathroom is clean.
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

Windows are not totally open when ia to hot.and very noisy from sorroundings and door always slam at night.

Room is good and bathroom is clean. Reception is quite good they speak english.

Poor
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

There was a bad smell in the property and the rooms hadn’t been cleaned properly. When we arrived well after check in the previous guests luggage was still in our room in our lockers.

Cheapest in every sense
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

Everything was quite bad. Noisy and drunk guests in every corner - but that you can expect in an hostel in such area. No place to have a quiet and chill time or a kitchen of any kind. Awful stairs - to get to third floor looks like you're climbing a mountain. The stairs in the bunk bed were with loose screws and one felt off. The top bed looks like it's about to give up every time you move. Dirty and smelly bathrooms. Thankfully I only stayed one night. Looking back, I would have spent a little more for a better place. It was cheap but for what it was, it should be even cheaper.

Nice location and cheapest price available in Amsterdam (what is not that cheap). Reception girl was helpful. That's it.

the staff at reception is nice !
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

bed very small and too much near to the roof and you can hit your head when you wake up. washroom very crowded and not enough for large number of people. there is no changing area or changing room even. no elevator and hard to carry heavy bag. checkout very early .

the staff at reception is nice ! location is very good.

• Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

The sheets seemed a bit dirty, and the bathroom was disgusting. Wouldn't recommend. Very overpriced, and even if it was cheap, I'd still think the conditions were bad.

Really, really good location.

Comfy beds and very convenient location.
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

Comfy beds and very convenient location. I was able to walk everywhere. The rooms were very clean and the check in process was convenient and easy. I would stay here again!

It is a good place for people who just need a convenient place to stay one night.
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

It is a little noisy in the morning and night because its location.

It is very near to the central station, and lots of restaurants can be chosen around this hostel.

excellent staffs and location
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

wifi seems being turned off during evening and got connected again at 8am- not sure if my info is accurate but it’s my 1st hand experience!

most of the time, u just need good hosts/people when ur staying in a hostel as backpacker. and it’s indeed an amazing stay coz of the informative and friendly approach of andris and nikolas. they have assisted us willingly on all our concerns and issues, their approach is personal and helpful-very much appreciated! few minutes walk to central station, near to lots of restaurants, shops and groceries. red district area is just on the parallel street. great stay and i will come back and stay here again

The bed and the showers were disgustingly dirty not what I...
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

The bed and the showers were disgustingly dirty not what I expected for the price I paid. I found bed bugs on the bed which I took pictures of. Was a Massive party in my room and someone took my bed so I had to find another bunk to sleep in.

Perfect for a cheap stay in the heart of the city.
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

It's a very tight space, poorly designed, dangerous staircases and not too clean halls, bathrooms etc.

Excellent friendly staff, very good location.

The staff was very nice.
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

Very steep stairs. Limited public space.

The staff was very nice. They provided a small room for storing your luggage if you check out earlier. It is very closed to red light area, chinatown and central market. The room is clean.

Great location, good value and nice staff
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

The top bunks were a bit cramped between the bed and the ceiling but otherwise was comfy.

Great staff extremely friendly. The best location I could have hoped for and the rooms were clean and well equipped. It was a bit noisy but that’s to be expected on a city centre hotel and it was St. Patrick’s Day. Otherwise it was brilliant

Good vibes and environment.
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

Room was tiny for 12 people, but to be expected in a hostel. Bathrooms consistently smelly though.

Good vibes and environment. Excellent location and nice staff.

too small and not clean. good staff tho
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

the upper bunk bed is tooooooooooooooooo uncomfortable. not enough room to even sit up or even lay down...i have to lay me body down first when i climb the ladder. the mixed dorm is too small, will be perfect if it’s a room is for 2 bunk bed, but instead it’s for 4 beds. Sometime people in group of 3/4person came back, the room is not eneough for them stand in. The room smells, the blanket is terrible. i stayed in hostels for most of my travel, and stayed in more than 15 hostels in EU, this definitely not a very good one. and also there’s no bathroom or toilet in 3rd floor. anyway, it’s amsterdam and next to red light area so you can’t expect it to be a perfect 8 or 9, but at least a 5 come on....

really nothing....? the guy checked me in is friendly and the staff from the pub downstairs are cool

24-hour reception
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

No share kitchen, men and women share the same washroom. The top bunk bed is too close to the ceiling, I ever can't sit up when I am in bed.

24-hour reception Free luggages stroage

not bad considering the price
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

just a stopover for jet lag adjusting and don't want to stay sleepily at the airport. Right in the middle of the red light district is a plus for those who are interested in walking around. The location is not easy to find though its not far from the Amsterdam central station. The rooms is cramped without elevator. You have to meander upstairs.

value for money budget hostel
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

nothing unexpected; 14 bed room has people chatting/walking in/out all night...

excellent location in the city center, friendly reception, fine, clean facilities

Awesome location, a pub just downstairs, walking distance...
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

A bit too tiny in the halls but not a big issue, rooms and facilities were ok.

Awesome location, a pub just downstairs, walking distance from the central train station.

Nice place
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

The other guests mainly. They made a lot of noise - playing music, really bad snoring. But this isn't the fault of the hostel.

Good location, nice staff, nice showers. Nice beds, not too expensive.

Its located at the center of the city.
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

Don't really have any thing that I don't like here. There was a person sharing the room with me was completely drunk and was creating lot of nuisance. However hostel staff have nothing to do with it.

Its located at the center of the city. Hostel is very well maintained and the staffs were very friendly and helpful. Washrooms were very clean nevertheless its being shared by many people. Highly recommended !!

Really nice location and the facilities in general were...
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

Only having one shared bathroom for over 30 people means it's hard to keep clean. Alot of guests don't really know how to use a public bathroom and leaves it messy.

Really nice location and the facilities in general were pretty good.

In fantastic area! Everything is in Walking distance
    • Room for 6 People with Shared Bathroom

The WiFi was a little weak at unable to connect to it in room had to stand out in hall way to connect

The white tulip hostel is very close to everything! Lots of bars and food places on the same strip! Even the Rijksmuseum is only a half hour walk away! We had a fantastic even in the players sports bar would recommend visiting if your wanting some old school music a good boogie and games of pool!

The place was comfy and at the center.
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

I guess it would be much better if the windows are a little bit aound proof, since I can hear people from outide

The place was comfy and at the center.

The toilets are dirty, and the staff.
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

The toilets are dirty, and the staff.. When they are changing the bed for another person to sleep there they only change the sheets, but the same blanket stays there which I think it's less hygienic.

A grand place from which to explore Amsterdam on a budget
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

Steep stairs. When you check out a big non-Irish guy (most of the staff are from The Emerald Isle) will wait after you return your electronic key and appear to hope that you'll go off excited about your day and forget your €5 cash deposit.

Location, staff, clean and adequate.

Good and reasonabla price
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

No kitchen or kettle to allow you make your own stuff and eat.

Stuff was nice. Bed was comfortable. Near to center so location is good. Price is reasonable for Amsterdam.

Great value for your money
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

I don't think a have something to complain, except maybe for the pillow.

I liked a lot, the staff were really nice, even though it was a 14 beds room, the room itself was big, so it was very comfortable, the bathrooms were clean and the location is great.

Perfect location, clean rooms, clean bathrooms and toilets,...
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

Wi-Fi was hard accessible, lobbies was not clean

Perfect location, clean rooms, clean bathrooms and toilets, helpful staff, perfect hostel for an overnight stay

Get the tram to Smoke Palace. It’s a grand balm.
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

Couldn’t smoke in the room, no toilet or shower in the room, a church bell rings every 15 mins outside the window and has no tune to it haha

Beds were grand, location was perfect literally 2 mins from everything and the staff were very helpful and very friendly

Good experience
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

The bed isn't too much confortable, and the place is noisy.

The bar is good. The installations aren't so good but it covers all the basic services for a really cheap price.

Me and 7 other lads stayed at the white tulip for 3 nights.
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

Me and 7 other lads stayed at the white tulip for 3 nights. The staff were very helpful, the beds were extremely comfy, and for how many people use the toilets and showers they were extremely clean and very pleasant to use. Everyone staying there was friendly and the discount for eating and drinking in the Irish bar was very useful for breakfast and food was great. We had no complaints about this hostel and we would all stay again, the location was also perfect right in the heart of Amsterdam.

Expensive for a hostel, but right in the center of Amsterdam and an easy walk from train station.
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

The dorm was co-ed, as was the bathroom which doesn’t bother me, except there wasn’t any good place to change (your clothes) as the bathroom stalls were tiny.

I was surprised by how quiet the dorm room I was placed in was. For such a rowdy location I was dreading walking into a 24 hour party scene. Instead I found myself tiptoeing through a dark room of sleeping people. I only had one night in Amsterdam and was happy to get a good night sleep.

A good experience
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

That there was no Room in shower to get dry, kitchen area and a lounge area to chill

Pub down stairs, polite helpful staff, clean enough and comfy enough beds, location was superb

Noisy, unclean but you get what you pay for
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

Bathroom, noise control. Lockers are noisey, doors are not soundproof. People are not told to be quiet. There should be a quiet time policy after a certain time.

Discount at bar next door, plenty of charging points for electronics

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

The price is really cheap for hosting in the middle of the...
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

Quite dirty, so many people in one room, noise, cold...

The price is really cheap for hosting in the middle of the main center in Amsterdam. Obviously, a price like this has its reasons...

The location is really good, in the heart of Amsterdam.
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

The hostel is located on a very narrow building, the accessibility is very difficult. Its very difficult to carry your bags upstairs, since the stairs are really long and the space is small. The cleaning wasn't that good, but ok.

The location is really good, in the heart of Amsterdam. Really easy to go around the places by foot. In the same street of the hostel there are a lot of restaurants and bars.

good only if you are in your 20s and don't need to rest and willing to share your place with females
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

Noisy, i paid for a bunk bed in 10 beds dorm for males only, but the room was shared with females with no hope for privacy. No same sex rest areas, lockerroom, toilets and showers... Worst of all, only bed sheets are available, no towel like in most of the hostels.

Central location, cleanliness

• Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

No share kitchen and 1 bathroom share among a floor which mean ladies and gentlemen are sharing the bathroom, it’s awkward when someone didn’t wear properly.

Great location. The room is big enough to occupied 10 peoples. Good value for money but if you are not a deep sleeper, don’t choose. The noise from bathroom and street can hear clearly.

wont be returning, plenty of alternative hostels
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

electricity gone the morning we woke up. staff pretty rude at the desk. showers and toilets stank.

slainte irish pub next door had good food and tv's to watch football. location is very central.

Wont be staying here again
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

Its cold Noisy bells going off every hour No tv & un comfy beds Way to much money for what u get Have to walk out you room to use tolit Getting woke up in morning by tradesmen. Staff are rude & un helpfull No breakfast Showers on room below

Close to town

loud, cramped, & fulla dirty socks
    • Standard Twin Bunk with Shared Bathroom

three pairs of someone else's dirty socks were hanging from the beams when we arrived. our confirmation email said it would be a room with bunk beds and a private bathroom, it was two tiny wheel-beds crammed into a space no more than 1.5m squared (one bed was underneath a sloping ceiling so you could barely get into it) with a shared bathroom across the hall (which was full of burger king wrappers on arrival), showers two floors down ... worse, the room next door were having a loud party w/ psytrance blasting through their speakers all night and the next morning, very thin walls & could hear everything word for word, hostel staff did not care or do anything about it (despite their noise curfew rules stuck on the wall). for the price of an actual hotel, the only good thing was the location... rubbish frustrating night's sleep

the location was perfect and really central

the location was good all places are closed we want to go;
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

The cleaning is disgusting. All pilows & bed sheets are dirty. please give them a warning for this matter.

the location was good all places are closed we want to go; but no cleaning. all pilows & bed sheets are dirty. Disgusting!

Ok not great try the Generator hostel it's 1000 times nicer
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

Beds were not comfortable, had to share bathrooms with other guest. The showers had little to no hot water. And compared to other hostels that have private bathrooms and showers and laundry rooms the prices seamed very high for you getting so little amennetites. And the rooms are shared with 12 people and that is a lot compared to most other hostels where you get at most 4-7 roommates at most.

It's located in the heart of the red light district so it's closes to everything and the staff was very friendly and it's located next to a bar that offers 15 percent of if you stay there.

Great value and location but avoid due to cleanliness.
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

The showers smelled like a portable toilet and had old sheets, underwear and a lot of old soap/shampoo containers; there was no surface for placing your clothes. I found a begbug on my coat which I left on my bed and received a few bites on my ankles.

The staff were very friendly. Hostel customers received a 15% discount at the attached bar which had fair prices and phone chargers. The place is easy to find and right in the interesting, busy part.

La Calle.
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

The room was cold, almost freezing. This one idiot did not help so I had to turn on the radiator by myself. Thanks idiot, just sit behind the computer and watch youtube. :D TONTO.

La Calle.

It was very good and great location, but noisy (it's in the middle of the city, not their fault).
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

The toilets seem to be cleaned with oil, a bit strange feeling and smell when you get in.

The hostel has a quite good security system. The showers were good, and the bathroom is big enough so you can change your clothes inside.

Satisfying
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

The shower had no hot water for a day. But the staff was very nice to take me to another place for hot shower. No lift. But well. I guess it's always like that in the downtown of Amsterdam.

The staff is so friendly and helpful! The location is great. So close to central station.

Save your money and stay somewhere nicer.
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

I went for a nice weekend away and came back with bed bugs. I literally saw them crawling up the wall as I checked out very early for my flight and unfortunately wasn't awake enough yet to think of taking a picture. The stairs to get up to the upper floors are very steep and hard to manage if you haven't been drinking or enjoying Amsterdam. Good luck to those that have. Also had the weirdest system to get into the hostel. You were given a wristband to show to staff who would then buzz you in, but this all depended on if they were at the desk. Just a bad stay all around. Save your money and go elsewhere.

Staff were very nice when they were working.

Very central and convenient
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

When I checked in, someone was at the front desk complaining about bed bugs in dorm 201. I was then booked into dorm 201 only to wake up with bites and numerous bed bugs in my bed. When I complained the staff were happy to move me to another room. But I do think it's unacceptable to book new customers into a room that you know has bed bugs. I'm glad I was moved the next night but think it's unacceptable to book paying customers into a room that you know has bugs in it.

Very central and convenient

Bed bugs in the mixed dorm
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

I was bitten by bed bugs, all over. My face was swollen and my whole body was itching like the whole week after that. I can't stop cleaning my home and washing myself all over again and again, because of this nasty feeling of being put into something dirty. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

Stay for a day or longer is OK
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

Well, the location can get a little noisy and you have to be careful when walking up the stairs to the 2nd floor as they are windy - no lift.

Location! Right in the heart of the entertainment district and a short walk to the metro station. Maybe 15 min walk to the canals with lots of restaurants and pubs along the way.

Despite of the location that near central station, it's not a good place to sleep soundly at night.
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

It's really noisy at night since it's located on the street full of pub and bar

The location is near central station, which makes it easy to find it, and if you have an early morning flight like me, it can be considered.

Nice place to have a nap in the middle of red lights.
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

Steep stairs (could be problematic for some categories of people); noisy neighbors and neighborhood.

Surprisingly clean and acceptable hostel in the center of red lights district. More then enough for one night stay.

Anyway, I am really satisfied. Amazing city and people. Hostel is great!Thanks a lot.
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

My window view :)) It's crazy! I even don't know what was it, but seems like it was some old cleaning things.

This is the best place to see the night life in Amsterdam! Such a nice place. There are a lot of young people. It's awesome.

Great for 1 or 2 days if you're partying, but don't expect to sleep between the noise and smoke.
    • Bed in 14 person dormitory room with Shared Bathroom

While the showers were surprisingly clean, the actual living quarters were not top notch. I had what looked like dirt or possibly fluid stains on the ceiling of my hostel room. Very noisy but what do you expect, you're in the heart of the city.

Location is very good. Right near Red Light District and Amsterdam Centraal (train station). Very safe, staff checks you in and you get a wristband that gets you back in. No wristband no entry it seemed. Good food next door, make sure to tell the staff your wristband and you get a discount.

Browse The White Tulip Hostel traveller photo gallery