Reviews of ´t Wapen van Marion 3 stars

Zeeweg 60, 3233 CV Oostvoorne, Netherlands

#3 of 6 hotels in Oostvoorne

The ventilator in the bathroom was broken and kept on working continuously. As i arrived late, i requested the front desk person (the receptionist were left) and he confirmed it is broken, and that the noise was disturbing. I couldn't sleep at all all night long. As the hotel was full they couldn't change the room. In the morning, the receptionist communicated they will fix it. What good, i was leaving dead tired. The attitude was not correct and i have the feeling I paid 90 eur for not sleeping. I strongly do not recommend anyone to go there.

The spa area and the fact it was opened till 11 p.m. Also the breakfast was ok.

The shower design leaves a lot to be desired. The actual shower was fine but the entire bathroom ended up wet and slippery.

We are a retired Australian couple on a cycling tour. The property suited us very well with a comfortable room and a very reasonable restaurant for dinner and breakfast. The provision of facilities for cleaning bikes is a welcome bonus.

Odd bits of confusion with English , unusual in Holland n

Recently renovated room. Nice pool. Staff seemed to be mostly students but were well led and entusiastic in general.

• Standard Single Room

The breakfast area as well as the range of products on offer, keeps blowing my mind time after time. One of the best I've come across during my travels. I easily pay the 14.50 euro extra for the breakfast, which is unusual for me (I prefer to have kitchen facilities and cook myself). This time I made use of the gym. Once I managed to find it, that is. Not sure if I heard the receptionist correctly, but it is normally closed 3-6pm, so I quickly headed there after check-in at 2pm for a short round before settling in with my other activities for the evening. Compact but functional. To be noted: Infrared sauna showed occupied as I came and went (but I never saw or heard any other people). What a spacious single room, by the way! (Last time I stayed I had to wiggle a bit.) Nice shower, lots of hot water (this was late Friday afternoon). Nice winding off-road hiking paths right outside the hotel, and except for a few "crossings", separated from the local mountain bike loop (something I appreciate equally much, whether I mountain bike or hike). I love this rather quiet area in the outskirts of the village of Oostvoorne, and the breakfast makes me go back to Marion every time.

• Comfort Double Room

The building was full of flies and bugs.. U could see them on the breakfast buffet. In general the building was old and not renovated recently.

Spacy hotel

• Comfort Double Room

everything else.....restaurant service was poor/bar service was poor/food was just ok/hotel was overpriced/carpet was soaking wet which was caused by a leaking external door.

bed was comfortable

• Superior Room

Expected a more diverse breakfast buffet. Also expected to get a room with flower photo above and in front of bed, but instead it was all wood.

Perfect for a weekend getaway. Close to the beach. Great swimming pool and jacuzzi. Cosy hotel.

Complicated system at the bar, we were one group of colleagues, but had to put everything separately per the room which made billing more complicated then it should be. Some of the rooms were really small, while others were very roomy.

Nice hotel, good facilities, swimming pool, hot tub, sauna. Good location for hiking. Decent bar and restaurant, Tuesday is all you can eat spare ribs. Easy access to the "Europoort" port area. Plenty of parking.

The 1st room offered was very poor, had to upgrade for additional cost, they should notify that the initial rooms are a very poor standard. The upgraded room was very good but expensive.

Breakfast way too expensive and not included in the price

breakfast was excellent and included some hot dishes, not just a lot of bread and cold cuts. Room decor was somewhat dated, but beds were comfortable

Under the bed was dirty and the bed a little soft but I am nit picking as it was all fantastic value for money. #

The sauna and swimming pool facilities were excellent, the staff helpful and friendly and they even found us a kettle for our room. We could take the dogs into the restaurant and were made to feel welcome. The shower was powerful, clean and the best I have encountered in a long while.

The bathroom was not cleaned well, with hair on the walls and on the floor. The room was very small, with a lot of perfume for "fresh air", impossible to breath inside when we came.

Very nice pool and amazingly good massage. Good cuisine, too

Cobwebs in bathroom. Single beds rather than double requested.

Comfortable and easily accessible. Great value meals and great access to swimming pool and spa facilities.

Food is great and good value. one of the best diners and breakfasts I have had travelling.

The bed was too soft for my liking but OK. except I did not get a double bed as requested, but too busy with other stuff to complain

Very lovely accommodation, there was bed for our labrador dog prepared in the room. ...towal and a few biscuits ! it was wonderful. Staff was very kind, breakfast and restaurant great

• Comfort Double Room

We liked everything and will be back !

Our room was quiet and clean. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom very modern with great water pressure in the shower. We LOVED the pool and hot tub ! as well as many choices for our breakfast. Super coffee !

• Superior Room

WIFI is seriously improved in the hotel and was perfect. There are few refurbishments (new elevator etc.), very nice. One day we rent bikes and had a nice journey nearby..

The view was of industrial harbour installations. The disco on friday night was quite a nuisance but fortunately stopped around 11:30 pm

The breakfast buffet was really good. The locations served our purpose as it was fairly local to family we were visiting. The road leading to the hotel was quite attractive.

• Superior Room

the balcony was dirty with cigarette butts and ash. We had a dog with us and had to try and clean the balcony before letting him stand out there. It was disgusting.

Nice location for our purposes

• Standard Single Room

A very poor single room 101 . Very hot with A tilting window which couldn't stay open. No soap in the room. Have stayed before in a suitable room. Next time I visit I shall stipulate that I refuse to stay in that room.

Room was not ready at 4 p.m - had to wait with a dog ( but it started to rain). Really surprising as we have stayed many times before and this has never happened

Wellness, swimming pool, breakfast

• Standard Single Room

Morning check out staff could have been more friendly; view of Shell refinery plants from my window was depressing

Breakfast, quite place, free parking

• Suite

Would like to have a massage but the masseur who is sub-contracted to the hotel did not answer the phone from hotel so it turns to be we couldn't have massage. For us it's a pity and there isn't really a lot to do around the hotel.

The bed is really comfortable and the breakfast is good. Very good swimming pool as well.

• Superior Room

There was some building work taking place in the hotel and also outside the hotel, which meant that our view wasn't great, but the facilities and price more than made up for this.

They make a fantastic gin and tonic! The breakfast was also fabulous.

• Suite

Toilet paper which felt like sand paper, a pity for a hotel of this category! Access to the pool a little bit difficult (but under construction)

Very friendly staff, helpful with everything. Nice and clean room with an excellent bath room (we booked a suite). Good restaurant with sufficent choice of meals.

I asked my husband this question as I liked it all. He noted the décor in the reception area and felt the stones in the cages were rather cold looking.

We had a very nice lunch in the dining room when we arrived. The menu had many choices and the food was delicious. Our room was clean and the beds comfortable. We LOVED the beautiful indoor heated pool and hot tub area. It was calm and peaceful. We had a quiet night and in the morning, plenty of time to enjoy the assortment on the breakfast buffet. The staff was friendly and helpful in answering questions about the area. There are many trails for outdoor activities around the property. We will definitely return !

• Comfort Double Room

Great to re-visit our favourite hotel on the shore of Oostvoornse lake. The stay was as comfortable as it always was 12-15years ago when we were (very) frequent visitors, and I must say the quality of breakfast had greatly improved. Hope to visit one day again!

Breakfast is poor, you can not request even an omelet from kitchen when dinner is amaizing. Although facilities are good the rooms are quite small and old fashion. It looks they are refurbishing which is good if the make some work on the rooms.

Facilities are good and dinner is really amazing.

• Standard Single Room

They were breaking down the ceilings and walls in the hallway next to my room. The air was not fresh and I had to inhale the chalky dust. The swimming pool was in a very deserted area, which did not feel safe. The whirlpool was only working through two holes. The view on the industrial Europoort.

Very nice breakfast. Relaxed atmophere. Friendly staff. Good place to be also when you are travelling alone.

• Comfort Double Room

Booked a comfort room and got a small room with the view to a construction conteiner. Asked another room and they told me is not possible. Paid extra for superior. Got a room , in my opinion a standard with a cheap "office like" ceiling, where I had to look for two days. Next day they did not clean the room, they changed only the towels.

Nothing to make you feel as holiday; arrogant reception service.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

The rooms are in need of an overhaul. This didn't fit to the rest of the hotel. A tiny bed in a tiny room and zero noise insulation. Also the welcome at the reception could not have been more unfriendly.

The common areas, such as the restaurant and the wellness area, were very modern and clean. The breakfast was good. Enough parking spaces and close to the beach.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

This cosy hotel close to the beach and small historic villages has everything you need for a small trip in this area. Surplus is the wellness facility with warm swimmingpool, sauna and whirlpool. Excellent beds, breakfast and friendly staff!

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Suite

There where no (wine)glasses in the room and it was unclear if there was room service available. Also we could'nt find a binder or anything to contact front desk.

The location and the bed.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Superior Room

Builders at 8 in the morning is not what one expect, specially during christmas holydays. Bar closed until 9 pm??? Rooms are very small, staff is not very interrested in your comments.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Suite

There should be a shuttle service between the nearest public transport to the hotel. May be during night time. We didn't know how to call the taxi and they didn't even guide us or tell the number to call a taxi. We are new and the hotel staff should help us. All through the way from Oorweg to the hotel we walked at night with a baby and luggage.

The rooms were clean and the breakfast was awesome.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

- Once, we had a smelling bathroom, but we could change the room

- Very good Location - nice view, when you've got right room ;-) - very friently staff -

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

No soap in the bathroom. I had to lean over the bath and use the gel. No minibar and the restaurant shut early (2130) which meant I couldn't get anything to eat when I arrived.

Basic hotel but perfect for a business trip. Good choice for breakfast and I liked that I could just walk in rather than waiting for somebody to take my room number. Dinner menu good without being exceptional. Waiting staff quick, courteous and helpful.

-Unfortunately very thin walls, disturbing especially in the morning

-Very friendly staff -Bike renting possibility -Location near the town centre and the beach

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

there was no internet, kitchen - and service sucks, felt like i was chewing on tire while eating a steak. didnt meet the exeptations at all. felt like we came on pencion resort. in the front of the window instead of nice view was a tracktor.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Suite

This was our 2nd stay at the Marion within 4 months, and our 4th visit to its sister restaurant, so we are in general happy to return to places. Although the room and bathroom of the suit were much larger, our stay his time left a sour taste with us, solely due to staff attitude. There was no Wifi in our room, the shower and sink were slightly blocked, with water only running off very slowly. We are not complicated, and were happy to see past that, but really got messed around by the cleaning staff and felt let down by the reception staff. On day one we mistakenly put a door sign (watch out for the very misleading green side of the red and green door label that actually says: Bring towels only! Versus the usual: Please make my room!). We did not realize that we had to read the small print! So all we received on day one were towels. Our room had not been cleaned, with beds not made. When telling the lady at reception, she clearly knew about the misleading sign, in fact it was her first question, and she was happy to blame us for the mistake. On the next day we asked the cleaning staff to stock up on coffee and sugar in the room, and instead of cleaning and fresh towels, that's all we received on that day. We had even put our towels on the floor for changing, but they were just left there. I appreciate that the cleaning staff (despite NO sign on the door to say so!) might have wrongly assumed that we were cleaning our room ourselves again, but reuse the towels from the floor? I find that pretty offensive. When raising the point with reception, their immediate response was to blame us: "Oh did you put the sign out again?" No apology from their end whatsoever. Cleaning staff had gone home by that time, luckily reception still had fresh towels for us.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Very small and hot (no air conditioner) standart double room; high prices at the hotel restaurant - - - - - - - Sehr kleines und warmes Zimmer (keine Klimaanlage); hohe Preise in Restaurant

Good breakfast, sauna, pool and whirpool - - - - - - - - Gutes Frühstück, Sauna, Schwimmbad, Jacuzzi

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Lack of air conditioning in room made room uncomfortable during the night, the weather was very hot though

Nice location friendly staff good access to Maasvalkte for work

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Standard Single Room

Check-in rather slow, and rooms did not always seem ready in time for the guests. No air-conditioning (just a fan): so pretty hot on this sunny day.

I was here for a quick stopover. My single room was tight on space, but fully functional. No soundproofing, but amazingly quiet (although they said it was pretty busy period for them). Very attentive, friendly and incredibly service-minded staff in the restaurant. Loved the breakfast buffet: hot and cold, but also RICE cakes for those of us that cannot have gluten-bread. NB: no locked bike storage available.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

Very small room, no croissants at breakfast, no fresh juice and breadbuns at breakfast, only pre-fab stuff. Did not like it at all.

Location. Dinner on the terrace.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

The staff was not very polite. For example, we were swimming in the pool and they just locked the doors because they wanted to close the pool, without telling us which of the side doors we could use to go out. We had to start walking around the building until we found a door that could be opened to go back to the hotel. The beds were also too soft, very bad matress.

The breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

One evening member of staff seemed very stressed. Whilst I get using soap dispensers for environmental reasons it is ludicrous to not have one at the sink but only the bath. Ridiculous. Also the soap dispenser was pretty hopeless and cheap nasty soap.

Excellent location, mostly very friendly staff, good breakfast.

front desk staff .

Near by fishing Lake.

The room was a little hot as there is no air conditioning.

The location is excellent, the rooms are comfortable and the staff are very friendly.

the Food

Nice hotel, close to a small fancy village surrounded by green beach and an actual beach not far from. The pool is wonderfull.

Location of Hotel Food Frendly staff

Very thin walls. All night I listened to my neighbor’s TV.

Good location, very nice area, many services, friendly staff, big parking.

The "spa" is very small and not so clean and the (industry) view from your room.

Very clean, quiet place, friendly staff.

The poor lighting in our room. We had to use the torch on our phones to search for our clothes.

Restaurant and food

Rooms need to be updated. Look old.

Location, swimming pool

Comfortable hotel. Excellent breakfast.

Beds were a bit soft.

Really nice pool in the hotel, nice staff, good breakfast.

Alle was gewoon perfect

Very dog friendly...

• Suite

Loved the size of the rooms and the bathroom

Friendly and helpful staff

• Superior Room

Have been there many times because I like it.

• Comfort Double Room

The beach isn't so close as they say in the description.

• Superior Room

Half the hotel was a building site and there were dogs aloud everywhere!

• Standard Single Room

Clean and nice room. Very good breakfast. Highly recommended.

All is OK

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Comfort Double Room

Confortable restaurant, big room, nice surroundings

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Room dated. Building work going on but that did not interfere with the stay

Comfortable bed

Overpriced room, too basic

Location, outdoor playground and terrace, swimming pool

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

elevator only worked occasionally hammam didn't work sauna didn't work all the time

location breakfast

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Friendly staff, helpful with bicycle storage, nice food.

• Standard Single Room

Small single room with no aircon

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Very friendly Hotel

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

Dinner service could have been a bit quicker

spa complex and swimming pool with good opening hours

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Great food, great staff. Really nice place to stay

Browse ´t Wapen van Marion traveller photo gallery