Reviews of Amsterdam Hostel Uptown

Korte Leidsedwarsstraat 147, Amsterdam City Centre, 1017 PZ Amsterdam, Netherlands

#387 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

Based on 816 hostel reviews

6.1

5.5

5.1

5.3

5.7

Be careful those seeking to stay "where the action is," this place is almost too close, especially lower floor street-facing rooms. The street can sound like St. Marks Pl. NYC, or Bourbon St. Some nice bars, but the foot traffic and in-season streetside tables, not to mention the "coffeshop" just below the hostel, keep the noise level high til late (a problem in the summer). We needed earplugs for sleep. Room had private bath but practically nothing else besides a trash can and overhead ceiling light 2 single beds ( good mattresses, though!) No dresser, no chair, table, or desk, no closet or rod for clothes hangers, no TV, fan or AC). I get it - hippie hostel Spartan - but it was not priced that way. Amsterdam is an expensive town, but if you want comfort spring for more than this. Unexpectedly had to pay in cash up-front at check-in, as well.

Neighborhood: Leidensplein as base is easily accessed from Schipol Airort by train or bus, Very close to the Museum District and fully within the canal network. Once in from the airport we walked everywhere we went in town.

It was a bit of a bummer not being able to smoke in the room. However none the less we had a good stay. I also didn’t like that if you pay of your card for your stay they have to charge you 5% which is a bit extreme. So me and my partner only had certain daily limits on our card and just managed to take it out for our stay.

I loved how it was so central and you can pop in an out when ever you liked.

The facilities are disgusting, breakfast not really good and the main problem is that neither of us could not sleep an hour because of the constant noise.

The only good thing about this "hostel" is pretty nice location, however on the han the rush from the street wont let you sleep to much.

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The chubby lady at the reception. I found her as a racist and mannerless person. The other guy was nice and friendly though.

The only thing which can be appreciated is the location.

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

1. One of the toilets did not have soap. Although I carry toiletries, this is a basic necessity. The guy at the reception wasn't able to help since he didn't have access to the supplies ?? 2. The rooms had poor ventilation (were quite stuffy). Although keeping the windows open at night helped a bit. 3. The toilets were clean, but one of the rooms I stayed in ( stayed in 2) had a window which would not close. 4. Included breakfast was bad. Coffee/Tea, peanut butter and jam. Compared to Hans Brinker where my friends stayed, which had a juices, yogurt and fruits, eggs etc in the complementary breakfast.

The staff were very courteous and the reception was open 24hours. It is very well located, very close to quite a few tourist spots.

Add a shower curtain and some hooks in the bathroom and bedroom so you actually have a place to hang things.

Super friendly staff, WiFi, great location and quiet.

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I had a bag stolen from a locked room to which only staff and me had access. Bewilderingly, they wouldn't let me talk to the manager about it, never apologised, or indeed showed any concern whatsoever that this had happened. The 4 bed dorm is in a tiny tiny room - don't waste money paying extra for it. Also there is no washing machine, which was why i actually booked in the first place - so their listing is misleading.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

There’s always room for improvement but nothing urgent is needed for this place.

Location was great & Marcos was very helpful with bringing my massive bag up the stairs.

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Place gave me the fear. Only accepted cash and I asked for a receipt, which they said they couldn’t provide. In fact, the people seemed really taken aback that I asked for a receipt. I’ve been in a situation before where the a property had double charged me and the only reason I got my money back is because of my proof of payment. This property could easily charge my credit card which I used to book and I’d have no way of proving that I already made a payment. Really don’t think booking.com should be working with an establishment that can’t even provide receipts- seems so dodgy.

Great location - equidistant to Van Gogh museum and dam square. Really easy to get to on trams as well

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Where to start? The room is so small that I don't know how they fit 8 people in there, there is a private shower and bathroom in the room (so shared with 7 people) and there is no hot water. And the most disturbing thing - there are only 2 electricity sockets in the entire room!! The breakfast is actually at another hostel, havent tried it but I don't suppose it was better than the rest of the hostel... Also overpriced towels, and bag keeping. Checkout is at 10am, nothing to do in the city at that time... Overall I'd say it's just doesn't worth the money

The location, that's it

The poor wifi signal

I arrived quite late and by any mistake I didn't get the room I booked (6beded) but I got a 4beded room, which was great size, super clean and comfortable. I am so sorry if the wifi is better it would be a great hostel.

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

the room was gross. there was blood on the walls you could tell that it probably hadn’t been cleaned on weeks. had a rotten smell and staff was rude. do yourself a favor and find another hostel this one is not worth it

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Bathroom could have been bigger

Nice location at Leidseplein, right at the end of the action. Its the street with Burger King on the corner at the main road, all the way down to near the canal. Beautiful back there, really gorgeous to walk around. Trams/buses very close, was easy to get to the airport (down to burger king and left over the bridge). Good value, hot water was good.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

only downside was the bathroom. water after showering wouldnt go down the drain with ease.

Great Value, coffeshop, bike rental and store just downstairs. couldnt tell how long was rooms refurbished for , but everything had fresh look. really great experience compared to hostels i stayed before.

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

A few of the staff were rude

Was along a nice street with lots of bars and restaurants. I would recommend going to amsterdammed it was a great laugh and they have a drinks board

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The bed was super comfortable and I had a 4-bed room to myself over a weekend. I suspect they actually try to assign rooms evenly as opposed to most other hostels that fill up rooms instead of assigning you to an empty one.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It was a small room with 6 bed sharing. Room mates were keep coming till morning 4:00 am. One guy came at 2:00 am. with staff complaining about he can't climb bunker bed. They kept fighting. Finally he took the mattress on floor. Room was very small so he blocked the way to go outside and toilet. He kept on snoring for all night. I felt there were bed bugs as well.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

They don't have any kind of control, people abuse in that hostel. I know is a shared room but they need to put some rules for that. I'll never recommend this hostel. Please validate conditions again.

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The bedroom was warm, even in the winter. The bedroom was very tiny to fit a lot of bed and also the bathroom wasnt so clean. There isn't curtains so it made the floor flooded of water after shower

The location was great

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The staff wasn’t very helpful , small room for 8 people and no curtin shower, so the bathroom was all the time wet. Only few plugs in the room. Not enough for everyone.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Just please put some shower curtain next time, coz everytime I´m taking a shower, some of the water will go to the floor but not that big issue for me. I´m just thinking about the person who will go after me.

For me, I would come back this hostel if there is another opportunity, why not? Value for money, cleanliness, and cheap. Close to everything. I traveled alone I felt comfortable in this hostel. The staff were so kind and helpful too.

N/a

The property is in good order and was definitely worth the money can’t fault, in some reviews people have gone on about bed bugs which made me cautions but I can ensure you there was not one in my room.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The place is lacking on maintnence big. The place was dirty and it was badly isolated from noise and cold. If You have astma You would get sick. No safe luggage storage.

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Stairs dangerous, shower next to window that had no curtains, beds are uncomfortable and room very warm. Breakfast included toast and coffee.

Location very good.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Uncomfortable beds. Not a good place of the city to stay. We paid 63euro/night, totally not value for money.

Nothing good to say for this property

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The mixed rooms are disgusting, as they do not keep a balance pace, of male as females. As I was the only female in a room with 4 other males. This creates a sexist environment, as when staying in Amsterdam, the city of drugs, sex, and rock and roll. Something else, the bathroom as toilet was within the 6 person shared bunkbed room, the dreadful thing is that there are no windows in the bathrooms, so a bad odor, a stinky smell is left in the bathroom as room. The room, bathroom as toilet are teared up, very poor quality ! I would never recommend this hostel to Anyone !

The Staff is friendly and the Internet connection is quiet good.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The dorms are really cramped by even by hostel standards

It's a value for money place right in the heart of the city, and one of the cheapest options

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Bathroom is small but manageable. They did clean it everyday. The rooms could have more light. It was quite dark (maybe due to scaffolding).

Friendly receptionist and location.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Unfortunately, the rooms are so dirty, that you can't simply sleep there. Also, there was some kind of weird smell in the room and we could hardly open the windows.

The location of a hostel is pretty good and the hosts are very helpful.

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I got bug bites all over both my legs over night :/ One day I went into my room and all my stuff was removed from my bed (they had overbooked the room) so I was moved into another room for the night.

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I think it was too expensive for what they offer. There is no common room available and to have the the ''breakfast'' you have to go to another hostel. Besides, they only serve bread, chocolate, gelly and coffee, nothing else, not even a toaster. I think if you want to charge an expensive price, you have to offer more. When you are going to a cheap hostel, you know it is not going to be that good but when paying more than 50 euro per night, I was expecting more.

The location of the hostel is good, near to the Museumsplatz, and easily reached by public transport and the guy at the reception was very helpful and nice.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

A bit too noisy at nights. Very basic facilities. Otherwise, it was okay.

The location is quite central, 20 min walk to the historical center of the city. The stuff was friendly and helpful.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Plug sockets did not work properly. Couldn't charge my phone. There was no safe lockers in the room. Had to pay for towel. Only cash accepted upon arrival. Please check important information before booking.

Breakfast available although it's in another hostel. (ORFEO)

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Location: The location is great. A corner shop 5 shops down, good restaurants and clothing shops less than a minute away and main tourist attractions like the museum square about 8 minutes walk away. For other attractions like the Anne Frank house or Dam square its a simple 20 minute walk. (Red light district 25 minutes) Breakfast: For the free breakfast you have to walk around the corner to another hostel were there is bread ( white or brown), spreads (jam, chocolate and peanut butter) and coffee or tea. Not much of a selection but its free and the place has free wifi you can connect to. Theres also an Aldi nearby for snacks you can go to. Room: Stayed in a 6 bedroom private room so there was a private toilet. (Room service comes in everyday) The shower is more of a wet room so after a shower the whole toilet does get wet but there are hooks where you can hang your clothes. The beds are bunk beds. - I forgot to bring my towel but the guy at the desk overheard and without having been asked, he brought up two towels after we settled in the room. Considering renting towels cost 6 Euros this was very kind of him. So thank you :) On that note, the staff was excellent, friendly and very helpful.

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

They are cheater. When I arrived to the property they ask only cash for my 3 night stay. I paid full amount. But when I get back to my country I find out they took also some money from my credit card.i called them many times they still didn't do anything.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The staff were horrendous! Rude and unhelpful. The room was dirty, the bathroom was disgusting. There were no ladders to get to the top bunk which ment climbing up via somebody else's bed. The bed itself was smaller than a single.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

They dont have kitchen. Not even dining room. You need to go to another some kind of brother hostel for breakfast.

It was in the center. Street has a lot of coffeeshops and bars.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Could not work out which was my bed in the dorm... returned to reception... guy kindly took me back to my room and suggested where I should sleep (all the beds had something on them as a form of reserving strategy) Guy helped me remove a jumper from the bed he allocated me... middle of night girl comes in asking who "the new guy is?" I stay half asleep.... while she finds a different bunk..... soon someone else gets up to pack and does so noisily for 30 mins with the lights on.... at 4 am unbelievably inconsiderate! All this would be ok for 10 or 20 euros but for 80 euros in a shred dorm?!!! NOT GOOD VALUE

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Size of room was very small. Stairs were dark and small. Prices were high due to demand but all beds in our room were empty. Not recommended at all. I have been in dorms all around the world but this was really poor.

Nothing was there to like

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Very poor accomodation.none existent hygine. Would never ever return.

Nothing,noises poor safety regulation. Worst then most third country Accomodation. I think the Amsterdam Council and Environment should look into the property.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The door of a room (23) doesn't fully close by itself. You have to push it a little harder for it to fully close. When I came to a hostel the door was open because of that. This might affect safety of the residents.

Everything was very good. But the location is exceptional because it is so close to the center and all the night life.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The bathroom was horrendous. It was dirty, there was no toilet paper and there was a leaking basin that had a rubbish bin placed there to catch the leak which was overflowing. Terrible hostel. Amsterdam is expensive in regard to accomodation and I think hostels there are getting very cheeky with their standards because people will take what they can get. But there is no excuse for dirtiness and faulty plumbing when you are paying 70 euro a night. This was a last minute booking as my previous accomodation cancelled my booking. I was grateful to have somewhere to stay but I still feel that basic standards can and should be met. I doubt this review will have any impact as demand for a bed will always continue. But I hope this feedback will help the hostel improve their cleanliness and basic standards for future guests. Good luck.

Hotel or Hostel?? Ok, hostel, Most terrible **hotel where I ever be. Hotel pictures didn't tell truth that hotel quality. Pictures shows there is bath and towel. I didn't get room with bath like pictures promise to me. Room size 5 m2, Room is very, very, noise. I used ear plugs but that help only little. Room floor was also full of humans pubic hair. Towel cost you extra. Breakfast was a joke.

Location was superb. Also People how could give highly value location of Coffee Shop. It's just downstairs. Ok. Wifi

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Guys they are going to charge Euro 10 for the deposit of the key. Trust me you are not going to get it back. Check out is 10.00am and if you leave at 10.15 they are going to take this deposit. They have done this to each and every person in our room.

Peaceful

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I asked for a smoking room. But turns out you can't smoke in the building at all

Receptionist was cool, really interesting guy. Right next to a coffeeshop too, which was cool.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The other guests had no consideration for other people, I feel the staff should make other guest aware they need to keep belongings tidy as other guest might be coming. And I feel a locker should be provided in each room for storage purpose.

The staff was helpful, by changing our room, when we complained the occupant in the first room were too messy.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Still haven't received money back from my booking (they block the sum, but actually I had to pay it again at reservation). Very early check-out - but we were glad to leave this hostel early morning.

In center - near Rejkmuseum. Free breakfast in the other hostel.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I am a woman and was put in a room with three random, grown men. They also snored. We only needed the hostel for the night so it was bearable though. You are also outside all the night life so you can't sleep at night.

It was a last minute booking, which I was thankful for. The host was also really nice.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Very small uncomfortable bathroom. No stairs to climb to the upper bed. No lockers, but you can leave bags at the reception. When you check-out you pay 3€ for leaving a bag. The street may be quite noisy. Kitchen and breakfast (bread and confiture, tea/coffee) in another hostel in the street nearby. But the host there is very nice and hospitable :)

Good located hostel for 1-2 nights.

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Staff wants to rip u off. It says on the web all included but front desk said it was amount plus tax. Then they charged me 5% more of the total amount because I didn't pay them in cash and I used my credit card. Terrible staff who just want to take as much $$ from u. So my $270 turned to be 300€ for 2 nites plus a 10€ depostit for the key. Guy wanted to charge me late check out also for no reason. Worst staff ever! And no real receipt of stay.

that was an hostel :)

very good location, near public transportation and turistic attractions; very clean and the room, with hot water and warm in the room; stuff very friendly and helpfuly

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The room was filthy. Cobwebs on top of cobwebs. Bathroom looked like it hadn't been touched in months. The bed and linen had multiple stains and I questioned when the last time they were laundered.

Centrally located. Decent wifi.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

This hostel was the last choosing to stay somewhere because in these days all the hotels in Amsterdam were full..As if i had reserved a room(from Booking) in the hotel Pien Hein 2 months ago,the previous day of my trip, they canselled it,because of a problemwith my card..I telephoned to Booking and they send email to affirmate the reservation.But the very last hours they said No.Somewhere i was in AMS to look for a room but unfortunately nothing...this hostel had one bed in a room with another 5 people and i paid for this 60 euros every night......It was a terrible experience for me....

The only thing who loved was the people were working there!!They were too friendly and agreeable to help me!!

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Room not clean, smelly, bathroom also dirty, but it probably was due to the other guests messiness. No common area. Breakfast located in other hostel

In the city center. Breakfast included

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

bathroom not so clean beds are small no other place to put your luggage or other stuff under the bed where i have put my troller it was very very dusty, like it was not cleaned for a long time there is no common area, which is not nice breakfast is just jam, peanut butter and choco creme from Lidl, coffee and bread; you cannot toast your bread also and it is in another location at the end I had a huge fight with one of the receptionist, a very nasty guy Henny who did not give me back my 10 euro deposit for the key although i was checking out only minutes after 10,after a 9 day stay at the place

location very nice part of the staff very nice also traditional Dutch building

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The beds were not numbered, and had a couple of misunderstandings when people were arriving.

The friendly atmosphere and helpful attitude from the front desk staff!

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

the hostel was really expensive for what it is. They do not accept visa, only cash. Tight and long stairs. The hostel is really small.

the neighborhood is really nice. Many pubs and restaurants. beautiful one. It is a really enjoyable street with a fantastic environment,

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It lacks of a hostel atmosphere. It's a satellite bedroom holder for the Orfeo hotel. The breakfast is poor. The price is too much for the services it gives.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It was horrible. The room and the bathroom were not very clean (hair & mouldy windows). The bedroom for 8 was so small, barely enough space to move. Beds are tiny and its a challenge to get to the top bunk. The stairs are a killer. The staff made up when we checked out that there was a key missing (without a deposit being taken for it) and we don't know who took it (none of us which is even more disturbing as there is barely any security). Not only did they not give me the deposit back for one of my keys because of the 'missing one' but when we went to ask again in the evening a different guy said that the 8 keys were there and he hadn't heard about any deposits. Do not go there.

The location was good.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

As expected the beds are a little bit noisy and not so easy to climb. Narrow staircase upwards (due to the old small buildings in Amsterdam). not so nice for a heavy backpack.

The Location is really good, very close to the main spot for Bars, Clubs, Coffee Shops etc. (Leidseplein). And the whole center is in walking distance (20-30 min). Also the next Tram stop is not to far away. The persons at the reception are really genuine and nice. I felt welcome.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Staff were fantastic, they are very helpful. I love the location, you could access to restaurant, stores and ATM beside the entrance. The bus stop is only about 5 minutes walking distance.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The rooms are too small No shower cuttons (this will really help with water Situation in bathroom the floor)

The Location is perfect! Staff is cool, friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

i understand its okay, the space is too small, no elevator, you'll use stairs.. if you are on a budget and a backpacker its alright. if your bringing trolleys, good luck and ladies dont use boots with heels 😂 its a good thing I have another shoes. But the place is near to everything. 👌🏽👍🏽 Wifi too slow. 👎🏽

The place its near to beautiful places

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

The hostel is exactly what you would expect for a cheap place in the middle of amsterdam. The bathroom in the dorm room was grotty, but otherwise no complaints.

Great location close to public transport, friendly staff, nothing wrong with it.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Staff were very helpful and friendly , hotel was very clean on daily basis cleaning each spot of the room plus an amazing location overall that was a very comfortable experience i would rate 5 stars 👏👌

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Nothing to dislike about the place. I found the staff very nice and friendly despite the negative reviews I read before arriving. The place could not have been better and I shall return again next year. This time with Steve not leaving the room early.

Just good basic hostel with great location and right above a fantastic coffee shop. Clean beds and covers. Rooms were warm and shower facilities were good.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

the staff isn't very helful. the beds are very small (and I'm not tall) the matress is so thin that I slept on the slats more then anything. the room only has a small amount of charger plugs so not able to charge Phone. surprise cash deposit for the key needs to be paid.

the location was great

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It's so bad I would want to know how to report them to the local authority. Let's get a list and just so you know, I have traveled to Amsterdam throughout my time at uni and since, at least 4 times in the last 5 years, staying at a hostel every time. Hostels may be the budget friendly option, but they can and should be a decent option, THIS one wasn't. 1. The stairs are literally like fire escape stairs at the side of the building. It's a ZERO for safety. 2. One set of bunk beds was not against a wall because it didn't have the space to have two clear walls so they put one near the window. Not joking. If you were on the top bed, you could possibly fall out of the window! 3. The beds were so small; children size width-wise. Given point two above, this is not even tolerable. 4. We booked two beds in a four bed dorm. They overbooked and tried to switch us to a six bed. Only after flat out refusing did they agree to 'sort us out' 5. As pointed out, the one good thing about the hostel was that I got to keep my ipad+kindle+wallet in the safe. Other than that, they were not nice. One time I asked if they could change two of the beds as people have left them the previous day and after asking so many times, they didn't "Go to the cleaner on that floor". Why? Asked many times. 6. Cleanliness was not great. Didn't feel comfortable enough to shower there. Went to shower at a gym. 7. If it's a cheap service for a cheap hostel I'd understand but it's not. I feel like it's criminal to actually refer to this as some sort of shelter you can rent. Stay away!

The area is the ONLY thing about it. Otherwise it's a danger to people's safety in many regards. The one favour they did me was keeping my ipad in the safe for safe keeping; every other part of this experience was terrible. I would stay in the same area next time, but DEFINITELY not at this hostel!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

No kitchen at all, even no fridge! Crazy staps, very havy climb up with bag, no lift. Not close to centrum, only 2 chargers in room. For all this lit expensive.

Breakfast and bad liner included, shower in each dorm.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

All was fine. Booked online but they didn't have it in the computer and the second night I was yelled at for not checking out. I had My receipt luckily. But other than that they were helpful when I charged my phone in the office. They bathrooms are pretty wet as there is no shower curtain but all was fine.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Very small rooms, very Basic service (1 plug for 6 people, no soap, no towels, you pay Even for leaving the bag)

Very nice staff and cheap and good bike rent. Close to the bar area if you like partying

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

• Bed in 6-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

wifi only worked in the reception, and it didn't have much room to sit. This might have been a exception, but they had no more room for luggage storage. Room and bathroom can seem a bit small and badly ventilated, but thats typical to Amsterdam. Breakfast was a bit on the simple side

The location was ok and the staff was helpful. It was just as expected for a hostel in that price range. Rooms and bathroom was clean and ok keeping in mind the architecture of the city.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Some of the beds did not look as though they had been changed.

I really loved the location of the hostel. It was really easy to find and in the perfect area for us.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Small rooms, cramped space, next to coffee shop so a bit noisy with people coming and leaving. no air con, no ventilation, hot in small room of 8 beds. I left after 2 hours of trying to fall asleep and went to sleep at the airport where I got great sleep on the floor.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Not that it was a huge matter but the stairs were steep, but looking around town I doubt anywhere else is much different, just made things a bit more interesting after a few drinks :P

The staff, price and location couldn't have been any better for us.

Browse Amsterdam Hostel Uptown traveller photo gallery