Reviews of Hotel Blossoms City 2 stars

Stadhouderskade 76, Oud Zuid, 1072 AD Amsterdam, Netherlands

#308 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

It should have a sign 'dont be disturb' for people who dont want a cleaner in the morning because the cleaner will knock the door every morning and maybe make you feel annoying.

the room faced the backyard and it was very quiet. however, the door in the hallway was very loud every time it was used.

good hotel at a great location

My room was small but I chose it and was aware when booking. I can't say it blew me away but it met my expectations and was nice and clean. The staff were friendly on every occasion.

A poor experience! Disappointing. The size of the room was like a shoe box. The room was extremely hot on arrival and with no airconditioning the window could not keep open by itself.The staff was unfriendly upon commenting on this. Absooutely nothing in yhe room, nit even a glass to drink water. They were knocking the door 30 minutes before the check out time. Breakfast at an extra 7 Euros was also disappointing to say the least. I know that I payed 85 Euros plus tax for this place but I will not stay in this place ever again nor reccommend it.

Absolutely nothing!This is the first time that I stay in such a bad place though this website.

As no AC, inside the room is bit hot in summer. Small room but cannot complain for this price.

Excellent location. Perfectly located in the center of museum area, next to Heineken Brewery. Best value for money, price for a hostel in this location would be more. Moderate breakfast at a price of 7.5 euros, eat much as you can. Can access any attraction in minutes by trams, many are in walking distance.

Needs soundproofing desperately. You can even hear people breath next door, not to mention the cleaning crew. Bed is uncomfortable. There is no "please do not disturb." or "I am sleeping." option in this hotel, cleaning crew enters your room even if you are right in there taking a shower etc. You may find your bed covered with the garbage you left properly to be picked up. I do not know how they managed to do that. I was not given any explanation nor was I apologized to. However, they did change the sheets later, such a generous gesture... I specifically asked the reception not to let the cleaning crew in my room for the rest of my stay, that did not happen either.

Our room was next to the front door. We had a constant ticking of the pedestrian crossing which kept us awake at night. Suggestion to the staff is to change the window to dual glass

Breakfast buffet a bit slim but only €7 so can't really complain.

Great little hotel, well located & very clean. I stayed in the small room and it was perfect for my needs. Staff were friendly but not obtrusive. I'd be happy to star again.

• Standard Twin Room

Bit far to walk into the city, but that is no fault of the hotel.

Lift was very appreciated! Stairs in Amsterdam can be famously steep. And the large window in the room was great. Bathroom was a good size, with an impressive shower. The baggage locker was very helpful also as we arrived a while before check in.

• Standard Twin Room

Each morning ‘clean’ towels and tissues are placed on the floor.

This hotel is located next to Heinekam Experience and within 10mins walk to I Amsterdam sign

• Double Room - Basement

The staff member was very rude when we checked in. Rooms very small and no hot water for our entire stay.

The location was close to some lovely restaurants and bars

• Small Single Room

Staff extremely rude and condescending upon check-in. No hot water in shower for our whole stay and the noise from outside our room woke us up very early. Would not recommend this hotel to friends in the future

I liked the location

Worst experience of my life. I travel alot and have never met more rude staff than this hotel. Smallest room I have even been in. Would never recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Small Single Room

The room (the 'small room') was really really tiny. In the bathroom, it is a challenge to step out of the shower and pass the WC. The carpet was pretty disgusting. The bed was smaller than exprected and placed right next to an uninsulated window so there was a constant draft of cold air. The stairs are no option for ppl who experience vertigo - so steep! Classic for old dutch houses, but still a challenge. Lift is provided though. The price was ridiculously high.

The location of the hotel is pretty good, you can easily walk to the center and even to the train station (30mins). The bathroom was new and nice. The room was very quiet and I had no problem sleeping.

• Twin Room - Basement

Do not take the basement room. We were right on the street side could see peoples feet outside our window and hear their converstions clearly all night . Room extremely small even for a European hotel. Did not take breakfast as it was really unappealing.

Staff was friendly and helpful and location good

• Twin Room - Basement

The room was incredibly basic, there wasn't enough a cup or a glass so you could have some water. Also we were woken up from 5am by the staff moving around the rubbish in the courtyard and banging around in the kitchen

The location was ideal, close enough to the main attraction of Amsterdam but not swamped with tourists as soon as you walk out the door.

• Standard Twin Room

Thier nothing i didnt like.

Not much to say really everythin was good only one bad thing about the place and thats the little lift lol. Apart from that very nice and the staff were nice and helpfull..:)

Very noisy! thin walls (you can hear whole conversations from outside or the other rooms and cleaning noise starts at 7am), uncomfortable and tiny bed, expensive basic breakfast, I was basically kicked out of the hotel at check out day

Clean room and bathroom

• Comfort Triple Room

The road in front of the building was very busy from 6am until 11pm. Wasn't too bad, but traffic noises cane through the single glazing.

Staff were wonderful and very helpful. Stayed in a triple room which the pictures online didn't do justice - was a lovely big space. The lift is very small, but very preferable to the steep stairs!

• Standard Twin Room

We booked a double bed but got 2 single beds, isolation is not good we barely slept because we could hear every sound from the street even on the 3rd (top) floor, the walls are also very thin we could hear it when something was dropped in the room next door... The TV did not work properly (static, some channels not available) and as I can see from previous reviews it's been an issue for a while and nothing has been done about it. I don’t necessarily mind about these things but for this price!!! The room and bathroom was clean and overall ok - what you would expect in a budget hotel, for 250€ you expect (much) more even in A’dam! The price including taxes was also a bad surprise (about 20€ extra) vs the price on the reservation. Honestly this place (like many like it in Amsterdam I suppose) is a rip-off, in that case you can pay 100€ more and stay in a very comfortable room at an inernational hotel (the NH not far from here is fabulous, I've stayed there for work in the past).

Location is good, walking distance from everything. Room and bathroom were basic and clean.

• Double Room - Basement

One of the lights near the door and mirror wasn't working meaning we had to get ready in the bathroom which was hard after showers due to condensation. Also, the bed was comfy but if you wriggle in the night it isn't as it's two components pressed together. One half of our bed slid off in the night meaning I was sleeping on the bed frame alone for several hours which wasn't comfy. Maybe look at introducing a double mattress instead? Although the room was clean it could have been better. Perhaps wipe down the skirting boards and window frame near the busy Stadhauderskade road? Other than that it was fantastic!

The staff were absolutely excellent, very friendly and helpful. One helped us get around the city and even booked Anne Frank tickets for us whilst another booked a taxi and allowed us to leave our bags after check out so we could explore he city. Bed was comfy and the room was clean! Fantastic hotel!

The stairs were very steep and we were not informed there was an elevator. We noticed later where it was located. The door at the top of the stairs caused you to lean back in the stairs, just had to be extra careful.

Location was excellent.

• Small Single Room

The room is a bit small even for one person. Not comfy space if packing the suitcase in

The location is very convenient, not far from the city and closed to tram station to famous attractions. The neighbour is very nice, bars, restaurants and coffeeshop.

• Standard Twin Room

The room was very small. The position of the hotel is on cross roads and next to a pub. I stayed on the ground floor, I could hear all the traffic, the traffic lights bleeping, people talking and shouting. The sash window on the ground floor could be opened from the outside and did not lock.

The room was very clean but tiny.

• Small Single Room

Room very small.No wardrobe/drawers etc.Could be noisy depending on the room you get!

Ideal location,10+ mins on tram from Central station.Short walk to museum quarter and Leidesplein and great choice of local brown cafes and restaurants.Small but clean en-suite bathroom.Optional(7 euros) continental breakfast.

• Twin Room - Basement

everything was perfectly fine :)

didn’t have breakfast and so on as we were only there for the night, however the guy who greeted us was lovely, and the other staff members were really helpful too! would probably stay for a lot longer next time !! the location is right near a tram station, getting to there from the airport is really easy too.

• Standard Twin Room

It's a shame that the room was on the ground floor right next to the street, but that is my only real complaint. (I wasn't aware that this was the case until I got into it).

The experience was not great. The rooms were extremely small. The elevator was so small that you could hardly get yourself and a piece of luggage in it.

The cat

Wouldn’t wish this hotel on my worst enemy. First off, the staff was extremely disrespectful. We arrived about 1.5 hours sooner than our booking, extremely tired and the reception guy very rudely told us the lobby is not a “waiting room” and told us to get out. (By swinging his hand and talking really rudely) The rooms are very cold and VERY noisy (it’s like you are literally in the street) and when we told the staff it’s noisy and if perhaps he can change the room, he rudely told us we shouldn’t have chosen a hotel in the centre. (But the windows are 70 yr old, matter of fact everything in the room is really bad) I can honestly say, this is the rudest staff I’ve ever encountered in all my travels. And not just one guy, both of the receptionists were very disrespectful with no regard to our well being. It’s like they were mad at us for staying at that hotel. If you want to have a really BAD stay in Amsterdam, choose this hotel.

The room was extremely small looking out onto the wall of the next door building about 10" away. There were no:- * bedside light; * place to hang clothes; * plug for the basin *nowhere to hang towels and mine were left in a damp heap on the bathroom floor.

• Double Room - Basement

The lighting in the room and the bathroom, the blanket was way smaller than the cover so it slipped, the room was under ground and with the window to the street, it could be noisy and windy as people walked and the sound from the traffic light, no space for the fridge for cold water or even the wardrobe or safe

Enough space to crash for two

Very noisy, hard to get good nights sleep. Managed to ask for a room change, staff did not seem all that happy about it. The new room was bigger but just as noisy and the mattress gave us bad back pain. We travel a lot an unfortunately this is the worst hotel we have personally stayed at. No free tea and coffee facilities - did not buy breakfast but did not look worth the money. It was a reasonable price however we have payed the same amount of money at other hotels in amsterdam within compromise on quality. They had a cat running around the foyer/dining area which some may find off-putting

• Comfort Triple Room

Very noisy room due to position next to the main road.

Good location relative to the art museums and Heineken experience, but a little far from central town and Anne Frank. Fine if you’re up to walking!

• Twin Room - Basement

The shower did not have a door or curtain and it was quite small so the floor would get covered in water. The cleaning staff began vacuuming at 5:30am every day until around 9am (this can be heard very clearly in the room). We were in the basement room facing the backyard fyi.

The staff were friendly and the hotel was in a great location. It was a 10-15 minute walk to Amsterdam Centraal. They have a back yard where you can smoke. Just don't smoke under the porch like I did or the entire lobby will smell pretty nasty.

It was very noisy because we had the room RIGHT at the front on the bottom floor. There is a bar next door so the noise is really intense like you are literally At the bar. When we tried to switch rooms they said there was nothing available. Also there is the intersection right there with the ticking street crossing. There was so much noise we were laughing at how loud it was.. I guess for over 100 a night I expected more. It was TINY as well. Only a bed in the main room and no room for luggage anywhere. If I had not had Earplugs from the flight I would have been awake all night.

The location was great, right next to the trams and good food. Also, the bed was really comfortable and clean.

• Small Single Room

not wardrobes. no tables. all my objects left on the floor

Nice location. 2 minutes walk from the tram stop and less than 10 minutes from the museums and the Vondelpark.

• Comfort Triple Room

The noise - unfortunately we were right next to a major junction and our room only had single glazing so we could hear the traffic/particularly loud pedestrian crossing all evening. It would have been super nice to have tea/coffee making facilities in the room. It would have also been good to have had a bit more storage.

The beds were comfy and the lighting next to the beds was great. The shower was very warm and powerful. The staff were very accommodating and helpful. The location was perfect for everything we wanted to see and do.

The rooms are very small- not so much an issue for us, we weren’t spending lots of time in the room- but the lack of space and wardrobe could be a problem for some!

The staff were super friendly and helpful. Very clean rooms and such a fab location!

There was nothing to prevent water from flowing to the room when you shower. Nothing at all. I piled a couple of empty rubbish bags on the floor and it helped... Just shelves from floor to ceiling. Some could be removed to allow space for hanging clothes.

GREAT location, considering the soon to-be-built new metro line and multiple existing tram lines. The room was very small, but the space was perfectly sufficient for me and my bags. Minimalistic, really.

• Twin Room - Basement

The winwow went to the street, so we woke up very early o=in the morning because of the noise produced by the cars and bicycles. And we missed the breakfast cause it is only till 10 a.m.

The bed is comfy but the room is very cold. I don't know if there is a heater. The towels are a bit rough. When you are from schipol airport, the bus drop off point is near rijksmuseum so you need to walk 10-13 mins going to the hotel.

It's very close to HEINEKEN and some museums. If you go with HOP ON HOP OFF BUS, no hassle since it is near with the drop off point.

• Standard Twin Room

Room was small and there was not any gardrobe or a place to hang your clothes!! All nights we tried to sleep with a wind sound because the window could not be closed properly..

No kettle in the room but you get what you pay for. Lots of coffee shops in the area though.

Perfect location. Right next to Heineken Museum. Clean room and attentive staff.

• Double Room - Basement

What I didn’t like about the property was the room itself, although it was very clean. The window had a very big draft coming through however wasn’t a problem with our radiator on 5. The bed was two single mattresses pushed together on a double bed frame which made it difficult to sleep as they kept coming apart. Very basic but is as stated.

I liked about the property the location, it was close to plenty of restaurants, (ginger steakhouse we attended twice) and a gym next door as I was still in training for my next boxing bout. It was no more than a half n hour walk from the red light district and all other museums such as Madame Tussaud’s and body worlds, but in such a beautiful place half hour walk is lovely. It was close enough to the madness but far enough away to chill.

• Small Single Room

Housekeeping tries to enter your room even if you’re inside. Even if you SHOUT: I AM HERE!! They just don’t care. There’s no privacy. Cold wind would get through the window right next to bed

Location, lift, cleanliness

• Twin Room - Basement

The staff is totally not prepared. The guy at reception was really rude. Another point: We were sleeping in the locked room when out of nowhere a man came in (cleaning guy), suddenly he realizes that there are people inside, screams out loud "sorry" and quickly changes the towels... This is a 5-star room service. Besides the fact of all the dirty towels and sheets from the guests stay in the main hall to the rooms.

Good location.

• Double Room - Basement

We really have no complaints about this hostel. There was a bit of a sewer odor when we first got into our room, but we ran some water and it dissipated, so I think the drain was just dry. For the price, you won't find a more conveniently located hotel that fits all your needs!

The location of this hostel cannot be beat. It is just across the street from the Heineken brewery. The Rijksmuseum and Museumplein are less than a 10 minute walk away. Across the canal, you'll run right into the flower market and the red light district if you just keep walking. Everything is easily accessible from this hostel, including multiple bus stops. And there's a cafe next door that serves fantastic croque madame! We'll be staying here again next time we're in Amsterdam.

• Small Single Room

Tiny room and very basic but what do you expect for the price. Does exactly what it says on the tin and nice to have a cheap decent place to stay for a night for business.

Amazing value. Comfortable bed and very central location and nice area. Has everything you need considering the price.

• Small Single Room

There was a draught from the window, I had to move my bed away from the window to feel comfortable, when it was windy outside.

Very clean. Good location.

Room was at the front of building on street level facing out toward road, could hear cars/pedestians/the ticking from the pedestrian signals ALL night long.

location was easy to get to central station etc

• Double Room - Basement

Very small room, quite bleak, no wardrobe. Also suddenly in the middle of the morning someone of the staff knocked and shouting at the door for the change underwear.We were woken out of a dead sleep.

Very connected location, some of the staff were kind and helpful

• Standard Twin Room

On first arrival it seemed nice the first lady to greet us was cool and sent us off to our room. The lift is tiny so we had to take turns getting our two bags up but that was fine. After this we were not shown any of the facilities to use so had to assume what was for guest use and what wasnt. I poored some water into what i thought was the sink in the shared kitchen and then was moaned at by the staff (ginger man with glasses to be avoided) as this wasnt a sink and i needed to use one in the washroom! Which was full of peoples bags and dirty laundry. Coming from NZ we have sinks to wash with in the same area as we cook so my bad, but if they had taken five minutes to show facilities this wouldnt happen. Rooms are also noisey from street noise and you can hear all people walking down the hallway.

Good location.

Not value for money. Too expensive for what offers. The room was too noisy, no facilities inside. Not even a hanger to hang your jacket. NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL.

Refurbished bathroom

• Double Room - Basement

The bathroom was too small.

The location was perfect, there was a tram station a minute away which you could take to all the popular places. You could also walk to museumsplein from the property.

The bedroom was very small, it would have been nice to have somewhere to hang my coat (I had to fold my coat and place it on my bag as there wasn’t a hanger or a hook!) or have a kettle to make tea, all that was in the room was a bed and the bathroom. Found it to be a bit overpriced for what it was.

Good location and pretty clean. Just down the road there’s a great pancake restaurant called ‘De Carroussel’ which I’d highly recommend!

• Twin Room - Basement

I think every was good for me.

The room was super cozy than I thought. It was quiet, clean, the bed was comfortable, warm. The place was also good! It is very close from van gogh museum and many famouse resturant!

• Double Room - Basement

The basement room facing the main road had a window which wasn't sealed properly so unfortunately cigarette smoke from outside could seep into the room.

The staffs are super helpful

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Small room with no hangers & could do with a kettle in the room for tea/hot drinks.

It's in a very good location with museums, markets and restauarants within walking distance and also trams close by to get you into the city centre easily.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Whilst I booked a cheap single room, I was somewhat shocked at how small the room was. Whilst my room was non-refundable, on asking for an upgraded room (twin room) weeks ahead, they didn't seem to get the idea that they could have made money from allowing the upgrade. They could have sold the larger room and resold the single room. Instead they simply responded bluntly that I would need to book another room. Poor customer service.

Close by the Heineken experience, recently renovated.

The towels were grey instead of white and stained. I mentioned to staff who did not seem impressed but pledged to replace the towels. The replacement towels were stained too.

Excellent location if you want to get a feel of Amsterdam. Close to everything. Room did the job, bathroom small but modern.

The guy at the front desk the night I arrived was really rude.At first he was nice asking me for my ID card but when I gave him my greek ID(which is ot the new card type but everything is also written in english) he told me that he can't accept it because he can't read it and asked if i had a driver's licence with me.Fortunately, I did but he made me feel unsecure about my reservation.Also the elevator was really claustrophobic and there was little to none sounproofing not only between the rooms of the same floor but also between floors in general.

The room was really clean and nice size for one person.The bathroom was spacious and the water always hot.

Dirty, the smoking balcony is just the trash area and closed after 21:00. The bar is not exist and the only good thing is the snack bar machine. You better look for an apartment

Staff was really not friendly. When he couldnt arrange an early check in he didnt even allow us to rest in the lobby nor give us the wifi passport prior to check in. The breakfast was stated as free in policies but the second day it turned out to be for 7 euro and no1 informed us. Double room was extremly small. No place for a luggage or to hang the clothes not even a closet. Bathroom very small and uncomfortable. Couldnt stand our stay for more than one night

Location was good. Near to heinekeen experience, Some meuseums and canal cruises. 10 mins walk to bus stop

Hotel needs to supply a do not disturb sign for the door as housekeeping come around early in the morning.

Beautiful hotel, just on the outskirts of the centre. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the hotel was just a five minute tram ride to the centre and trams stopped outside the hotel every 5-10 minutes. Lots of restaurants and shops nearby. Really enjoyed our stay.

• Double Room - Basement

The floor was dirty & the bathroom was tiny, the hotel was a 30 min walk from the central but still in a lovely area

The room was a really nice modern design, the hotel had a lift which was really handy with our baggage and the staff were helpful

• Double Room - Basement

Not very accommodating staff. Rooms in the basement are not for light sleepers. Street noise can be heard.

Easy access by tram. Close to some attractions.

• Small Single Room

Size of the room and bathroom, drafty windows (I had to move the bed away from the window to have some comfort) , poor acoustics insulation of the room, no furniture except bed.

Cleanness and location

Very small room though I understand this is the norm for Amsterdam City Centre. No wardrobe or even hangers for coats!

Staff was very helpful, hotel is on the brink of the centre, so walking distance.

Very small. Sleep was ruined by someone vacuuming outside our door at 8am so not very happy!! Also knocked on our door 3 times before 11am to tell us it was nearly time to check out. So we didn’t feel very welcome.

Comfortable beds and nice bathroom.

Room was incredibly small, didn't have a wardrobe or any hanger for coats or clothes. The room was never cleaned, they just rolled the duvet on top of the bed. I never got the shower mat replaced and the bathroom was never cleaned during a 4 night stay.

Staff was friendly enough and well experienced. Location is perfect and easy to reach.

"We will not charge your credit card. You will pay directly at the hotel" was insincere, as the full amount was blocked on my card a week before.

Location was excellent for exploring the city center. Everything was clean, folks were nice. Supermarket close by, good restaurants close by, bike rental directly at the hotel, we had a really nice time.

The room was small, you couldn’t open the window, the room got very hot after we all showered. We had to pay extra for tea or coffee. The Tv was in a bac location in the room.

The bathroom was clean

• Small Single Room

Room for one person was really small. There is no place for opening a suitcase on the floor really, or store anything even a tiny bit bigger - then you will not be able to open the door for bathroom or hallway. You can clearly hear noises from other rooms near you. There was no shower curtain. I was not able to close my window properly. Would not stay again, because the price is ridiculous compared to all the inconveniences there.

Friendly staff. Walking distance to the center and most attractions there. Free luggage storage, although not secure feeling (anyone can go and grab any bag, they do not ask for any information they just open the door and leave you with that).

More facilities in room I.e kettle for tea coffee. Room window kept blowing open

The price I paid for what I got was satisfactory. This hotel exceeded my expectations, I was worried because of reviews but you get what you pay for and I was happy with all

Pretty narrow room which could be a little bit complicated sometimes, would be perfect with a table and some hooks!

Really nice and helpful staff, located in a cozy area!

Browse Hotel Blossoms City traveller photo gallery