Reviews of Patten Hotel 3 stars

Wagenstraat 127-129, The Hague City Centre, 2512 AT The Hague, Netherlands

#36 of 39 hotels in The Hague

Based on 2024 hotel reviews

Excellent location but not so good service & quality
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

The service of the young lady during our check-in is terrible. She make us wait & then ask me to fill in a form in Dutch. How can I undestand the form. She has all my info, should have done that herself. The kettle in the room is dirty (can't use), there's a dirty shirt (smelly) in the closet, the towels are yellowish and there's holes on our blanket. This is the lowest ranking hotel I've ever reviewed. I will just give 0 point if not because of the friendly front desk staff on my 2nd day stay.

The location is excellent. Directly in chinatown, heart of the city with plenty of restaurants and shopping malls.

we booked two two-bed rooms, but the employee changed our...

we booked two two-bed rooms, but the employee changed our room to one-bed room without asking us. the employee is very unfriendly and the hotel has no parking space at all. the overall experience is terrible.

Very Nice but it can be improved
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The main issue was that the room has no Minibar or a fridge ..your food may rot if there is no fridge (they offered putting some of them in their fridge in the reception but it wasn't really a practical solution (also some drinks that needs to be cool to drink (also chocolates and these things) ..I've been to 3 star hotels before, they have fridges.. The safe was not working .. The window was broken .. some of the furniture needs to be repaired.. the carpet was ok but it can be more cleaner. If you put a fridge or a minibar I'll come again :)

The Staff were really nice and helpful (espicially Rota and Vencencio) .. The bathroom was clean and full with many facilities .. beds were clean .. The location was great .. just a few minutes from the center

Quick city trip
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

I chose a windowless room to help me cope with sleep issues. The damp bathroom smell was there but once the air conditioning was on and air circulated, it was gone.

Location is excellent near both DenHaag HS & Centraal making the early morning run to Schiphol easier.

The front desk clerk was very kind and helpful.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

The front desk clerk was very kind and helpful. He gave me lots of great advice for visiting the city, not all of it the usual tourist places either! I enjoyed everywhere he suggested and they helped make by stay in Den Haag wonderful.

Located in the city center, beautiful place of Chinatown
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

The receptionist is very rude, ommunicates very little. This person gives very bad image of the hotel. I advise other guests to avoid rooms without windows, it looks like a prison

Located in the city center, beautiful place of Chinatown

Great location, poor reception(female) ,breakfast not the best of choices.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

The female staff member on reception was not so welcoming, very abrupt when i asked information and for some items, spent most of her time on the phone.

It is central to the city only 2 min walk. nice local friendly pub Cafe De Waag at the end of the street

Very convenient location for eating, sight-seeing and shopping
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Charge for breakfast is up to Euro 12.5, which sounds a bit expensive. So I did not eat there. I bought a simple breakfast set at Euro 2 only from a local shop located in the HEMA shop nearby and a cup of coffee at Euro 2.15 from Starbucks nearby.

Convenient and good location in the sense that (i) the tram-cum-walk distance is within 15 minutes from the main train station, (ii) numerous restaurants in the same street of the hotel and nearby, (iii) shopping mall, shops, city hall and the church, etc are just within 10-minute walk from the hotel, (iv) breakfast can be bought from Starbucks or local shops within 10-minute walk from the hotel (so I need not eat breakfast in the hotel and pay 12 Euro, haha). The hotel room is clean with necessary facilities, such as electric kettle and hair dryer. If you are Chinese or Asian people, you would love this hotel location because there are Asian restaurants downstairs. Choose this hotel if you have senior people who dislike the western-style bread and salad meal sets. I ate two meals of Chinese noodles in soup in the Chinese restaurants downstairs, and I felt good (haha, we Chinese people). Oh, yes, the hotel is in fact in the China Town.

The room was stuffy and smelled.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was stuffy and smelled. We opened the window to smell of oil and food. Very strong. The staff at check out was very rude and several guests were complaining about her. The cleanliness of the rooms was also not optimal. Very stuffy room

Absolut disappointment
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

Bedroom was hyper humid and smelling humidity. I thought that was the worse, but no. I checked out this morning and asked to keep my luggage till the afternoon (a service that the hotel offers). Now I went to pick up my luggage and a girl there made me wait about 30 min, with no reason to wait (I was not the only one waiting for the same), while she was doing ¿?. I asked with education because I was going to miss my train which was necessary because I had to move quickly between 2 events. She didn’t care and finally, after waiting for almost 30 min I said “sorry, but u will make me lose my train” and she throw (literally!!) my luggage! Girl, dunno what is ur problem, but find a psycho!

Ok for the price.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

We arrived very tired at midnight due to transport issues and didn't have any change for the city tax, but instead of letting us sort it out in morning we had to go to the shop to get change before we could have the key. People next door were chatting and it sounded like they were in the room with us the walls were so thin.

The bathroom was great and very clean.

Mixed feelings
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

Hotel advertised with Parking when in fact ,parking is on street and v.expensive or cheap story one but 10 min walk We had a room without a window not a big deal but you could feel and smell dampness in the air. Room was clean'ish ,we dont want to look at close afraid what could find/not mention whole in the wall and broke toilet seat. TV without remote.

Good location, goodish breakfast, affordable price for night

This hotel was as expected.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

This hotel was as expected. It's basic but everything is exactly like it should be... it's clean, everything works, breakfast has enough variety. This is by no means an excellent hotel but it's probably the best you can find in the hague for this price.

Very centrally located, this very quiet hotel had everything...

n/a

Very centrally located, this very quiet hotel had everything one needed for a short stay. Staff was really courteous and check-in and check-out were flawless. The room had no windows (we knew about that) but it did not bother us - rather, had the best night ever since it was so dark :) The bed is huge and very comfortable too!

Très décevant
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

Hello, I would to complain and report fraudulent practices and lack of hygiene by the hotel Patten located on Wagenstraat 127, 2512 AT Den Haag. First of all, I experienced a very bad reception from the beginning, receptionist who is not smiling and who seemed very indifférent to customers. We booked a double room for one night (11/12 May 2018) via booking.com and we were arbitrarily assigned a room with two twin beds. We asked if it was possible to change to a room with a double bed but to our surprise the receptionist told us that it was feasible by paying an additional 10 euros while she kept saying that there was no room of this type available at the moment. Regarding the tourist tax, the official website of the city of the Hague fixed this tax at 3.40 euros per adult per night but we were asked the sum of 4 euros that's to say a surplus of 1.20 euros for two people. By the way I'm putting a screenshot of the official tourist tax rates fixed by the city of The Hague and which can be consulted and downloaded by everyone on internet. When claiming reimbursement of the overpayment by the hotel, the receptionist who requested a payment of this tax in cash, refused to refund us in cash and advised us to send an email to the hotel to request the repayment of such a small amount on our credit card! The room was in a shabby state: the pillows were very dirty and the floor below the beds extremely dirty (see attached photos that I took occasionally). In brief, a hotel that I strongly not recommend and which is not worthy of the three stars category and Nord of a pretty city like Den Haag and also of a touristic country as the Netherlands.

• Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

Surrounding was not all that appealing but a very conveniently situated, close to all nice shopping areas and access to all transport means

Cheerful, prompt and helpful reception staff. Size of the room. Facilities. Breakfast.

It was a decent place.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

It was functional rather than enjoyable. The room had no window (the hotel seemed to be one long corridor of rooms as a terraced house). Although not the fault of the hotel, you should be aware that parking anywhere nearby is expensive.

It was a decent place.

Don't go at this hotel !
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel it's a disaster the worst hotel iv ever been in my life .In the bathroom we find an insect.

The place it's dirty and smelly it can be anything but not a hotel looks more like a prison rather than a hotel .

Good hotel, great location
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

The room doesn’t have any window. The electricity of the room was off during midnight, I reported it to receptionist and they moved us to another room.

The room was very clean and tidy. They provided water heater as well as a couple of tea, coffee and sugar on the room. The location is great, we could find some good restaurants nearby and the Den Haag Central station is 10 minutes walk from hotel.

Clean
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

Room had no window but there are rooms with windows the breakfast was nothing great so a wouldn't waste money on breakfast when there are lots about to choose from

Clean

Don’t stay here.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

The staff made me disappointed about the over charge in credit card. They had not resposibility eventhough it’s not my false. This hotel is the worst hotel that I ever stay in the world.

Good wifi

The hotel was central to the main attractions we wished to visit.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Parking in The Hague is a nightmare and very costly.

The hotel was reasonably central, although in the middle of roadworks, which made parking very difficult.

good location, but not worth it apart from that
    • Suite

The state of the room. It was supposed to be a suite but it was in a very poor condition. Dirty walls and sofas, torn curtains etc. It was not worth 100 euros per night, breakfast excluded. Also, one receptionist was unfriendly and impolite. To make matters worse, the wifi did not always work and some days there was no internet connection at all.

the location was great

Good value for money but problems with internet and plumbing
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

The internet was patchy at best - I spoke to the desk and they said they knew about the problem and it had been like that for a while. It was impossible to make a skype call, which is pretty poor. Also, in the shower the cold water completely cut out three times, spraying me with super hot scalding water - ask not to have room 21! I also told the front desk about this.

Nice room and bed, no window but it was large and bright so no problem at all.

The hotel is very well located, if you have business to the...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

The breakfast could be of at least a bit better quality - e.g. not the cheapest fruit drink except real juice.

The hotel is very well located, if you have business to the Leiden University campus in the Hague. The rooms and the roof terrace are nice and cozy. Shopping, bars and restaurants are just around the corner.

central and relatively cheap (price includes breakfast)
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

got twin beds instead of double bed, juice did not taste fresh and had a weird taste (not sure if it's the juice container..)

central, relatively cheap compared to other hotels, continental breakfast (although the juice tasted weird and did not taste fresh)

It was alright.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

My room had two pillars in its middle and it was claustrophobically small.

Location and helpful staff. They also have a well managed luggage storage facility.

Good city hotel for a short stay with good price-quality ratio
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

Instead of the usual white hotel towels, there was a yellow and a light green one which really matches the oriental style (since the hotel is in China town). This was nice. But, the green towel had white stains all over (bleach?) which didn't seem hygienic so I definitely did not use it.

Since the room had no window I was afraid the room would be airless but it was just fine! Slightly warmer in the hallway and room, which made me happy because I'm always cold. The hotel room was tidy & clean, exactly what I like! The double bed was comfortable and big enough (for my son and I). The receptionist was adequate and polite. The breakfast was good, warm meals were a fried egg, bacon, sausages and typical tiny Dutch pancakes. There were slices of bread you could put in the toaster and crusty baked buns, sandwich spreads, cold cuts, cheese, cornflakes, hot & cold drinks and a platter with sweet delights such as slices sweet Dutch raisinbread and cookies. For one night and this price, it's good. Since the hotel is in China town there are some fine Asian restaurants in the same street but we went a bit further down the street and stopped at the corner at restaurant Songkhla for Thai food, we did not regret it!

Clean and comfortable hotel in an excellent location.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The corridors could do with a makeover, and for me personally the pillows were too soft

Clean and comfortable, excellent location very close to the centre.

Budget hotel in China
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

cleaning should be done more intensively. Overall an average hotel. The bed was good but not very clean.

The location is central, near to all public transportation. Large windows but very dirty.

It was ok
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

Beds were not changes the whole time we were there, Cups were not washed or changed cups were still there dirty all day. Towels were not changed. Plus we were over charged please can you sort this out.

Bed was comfy.

Great cheap spot to get your head down for a night, free wifi, central location
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

There was a pillar in the centre of the room, and no windows, but for £64 in central Hague, the pro's outweighed the con's

For £64 it was a clean, if small, twin room with tea/coffee making facilities, a large bathroom, and even though it is central to the china town district, very little noise. Location was excellent, only a short walk to Grote Market, and down the main China town street of Den Haag

Good value for money close to the center.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

The room didn't have a window, which was a bit strange at first. As a result there was no noise from the street, which was a plus. I have slept well. I haven't seen much of the staff, as they had an 'I'll be back in 5 minutes' sign in place most of the time. The person I talked to at check-in was friendly, though.

The room was of a good size, it was clean, and everything worked. The hotel is located in China town, close to the city center.

Would not return
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

Staff were appalling. No communication. No effort to assist. Nobody at the front desk when I needed to check out. Would not stay here again and would not recommend it.

The location is perfect

The receiptionist who greeted us was exceptionally helpful...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

Never use taxis in The Netherlands! Absolute rip-offs. More pillows on the bed would be a bonus.

The receiptionist who greeted us was exceptionally helpful and gave us some great advice for the rest of our stay in The Hague. The housekeeping staff did a great job and were lovely to talk to. The location in the heart of Chinatown was perfect and close to all the main attractions in the city centre. Great price too.

Location very good.

Carpet in the room was stained. TV not clear. Wifi not available in the room. Could not wash hands properly in the wash hand basin due to the position of the tap. Wardrobe door could not be closed properly. Very small choice for breakfast.

Location very good. Not far from central station. Kettle available in the room.

clean, good location, but way too hot in the room
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

it was way too hot in the room!! I turned on the airconditioning for the whole evening on 10 degrees, but when I went to bed it was still way too hot. I could not open the window for fresh air.

room was clean, bed was comfy, located near center

very relaxing,and great value for money.

no full length mirror,tea n coffee supplies were very few,the bathroom sink was very strange shape which made it very difficult to wash your hands,

the room was very quiet,the bed was very comfy,the shower was great and the location was perfect

Friendly, helpful staff.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Worn and scruffy around the edges. Dirty windows. Floors carpeted throughout. Street noise quite high even with windows closed.

Friendly, helpful staff. Decent shower. Filling breakfast.

Nice hotel for a few days in Den Haag, but needs some improvements: staff & rooms insulation.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

In the morning, the smell of breakfast eggs and bacon enters the room (floor 0, at least); It's awful, but it calms down with the air conditioning on. The hot water failed once and we had to take a cold shower, but no employee had the decency to warn the guests of the hotel. The staff could be friendlier and look more professional.

Nice breakfast and good location, very close to the center. The room (a double) was spacious and cosy.

The location was great.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

The wifi connection failed every 15 min which was a little annoying.

The location was great. You can walk there from Den Haag Centraal Station in 10 min. It has many good asian restaurants around. Staffs were really kind as well.

This hotel is ok for young people who only look for a place to stay for night and good breakfast.

What was neutral for me - there were free clean rooms when we came to the hotel but we were not allowed to check-in before 3pm. I dont really understand the difference for hotel if they check-in their guests at 1pm or 3pm if they have free rooms. What was negative for me - staff (not rude, but unwilling to help, they looked like they hate theis job + we were waiting 30 mins to check-out because the receptionist was not on the desk what I do not understand till now). Rooms were big, but extremely dirty. We had a bug in the bed (but only one :) ).

I will start with was was great - breakfast. We stayed in Amsterdam and Rotterdam during our trip but breakfast in Hague were the best. Thumbs up!

Good choice for short pleasant stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Sometimes Internet connection was slow (on 3rd floor). Towels could be newer.

Helpful and polite staff. Very good location near the city center and shopping street. Breakfast is a bit overpriced, but still good and tasty.

I don´t think that our room was cleaned properly from the...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

I don´t think that our room was cleaned properly from the previous guests. Sheets looked and smelled like there was just sleeping someone else. We had even hair in bed and trash was full.

Excellent location
    • Suite

- car parking was a bit of hassle. In the front of the Hotel you can only park max for 120min. Nearby parking options not so pocket friendly neither. So we ended up parking towards Central Station (some 300-400m away), which was Ok.

- Very well situated near the Centrum, the shopping district. It is china town so a lot of oriental restaurants and shops. - Bed was very comfortable and room is quiet. - Tea and coffee facilities - Heating system

Excellent and would stay again if I need to go The Hague again.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

No socket near bed to charge mobile. A very minor gripe.

Bed comfy. Nice modern bathroom. Breakfast was nice. Close to shopping area and reasonably close to station and my meeting venues. Good value (for what I paid).

Nice place! The price and quality is well balanced!
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

Otherwise everything was nice (good location, helpful stuff and good breakfast) but some things could be fixed in the hotel room. There was a hole in the wall and it was just covered with tape?????? Also, the small lamps next to the bed did not work? Maybe the lamp bulb could be changed and the problem would be solved?! Simple and small things like that could be fixed and the overall impression would be much better!

The price is hige comparing to the facilities
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

The hotel is 3 star, but actually is not more than 1 star, there is no Refrigirator inside the room also no window, I stayed 3 night and the room service didn’t change the bed cover.

Good reception staff were very nice

In the heart of Chinatown, great location and comfy warm hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

For a 3-star hotel it was just as expected, so there is nothing negative to write about.

The location inside Chinatown is perfect if you like chinese and asian food. It's bang in the centre too, so shops and Central Tram Station are within walking distance (8-10 minutes to central station, 5 minutes to shops). My room was clean, the bed was comfortable, tv and wifi worked without problems and breakfast was fine. I would recommend it and I would go again, if the price is right.

Good value and perfect location.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

The sound-proofing of the room is not that good, it was easy to hear almost every voice in the corridor.

Perfect location. The facilities were not luxurious, but it is good value for money.

Good quality for the money!
    • Suite

The carpet in the room was a bit nasty, seemed like it hadn't been vacuumed in ages and the couch had stains as well. If the flooring would be changed then the room would have more value and be more comfortable for the guests as well.

We had the suite and it was very spacious and the bathroom was nice and clean. Good quality for the money.

Location - in the center, very clean room, a quiet place,...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the telephone connection with the reception does not work, I did not have tv remote control, the heating system did not work and the staff had no reaction : "I will solve in 2 minutes" - but nothing.

Location - in the center, very clean room, a quiet place, good price.

Good price to quality ratio
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I had the feeling that the room wasn't all that clean. The carpet looked dirty and there the room was only superficially cleaned (e.g. not under the bed or behind the toilet seat.

Good price to quality ratio Bet location in Den Haag; Near to restaurants, shopping street, etc. Breakfast was basic but ok

Impressed by value of hotel. Very adequate if you want to save costs
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

No windows in the room I was in, reception not staffed in the morning when I wanted to check out

Very good value. Very good location very near train station, easy journey to airport

Great central location
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

The carpet needs to be changed since it is somewhat worn out, but everything was very clean.

Bed was very comfortable and the location is great. Their breakfast was wonderful!

The location was great, 5 minutes walking from the center.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room wasn't clean, the bedsheets weren't fresh. Staff wasn't very friendly.

The location was great, 5 minutes walking from the center. Breakfast was good.

Lovely hotel in den haag
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

Parking expensive but available in a secure car park just around the corner.

Great location and friendly staff. Very clean and comfortable with a great breakfast included. Pleasantly surprised. Will definitely use again.

econohotel. 2 stars to many if you ask me
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

* poor internet connection. No 3G coverage near the back of the hotel * no remote control for TV available * disgusting carpet in the room. Forced to play 'the floor is lava' * got he breakfast at 9:30 (served untill 10:30): no more eggs, almost no more juice, unfriendly staff.

* location! 5 minute walk to the center of the center of the center.

Small, pleasant hotel centrally located near main shopping centers, close to central station.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room should have small personal safe.

Friendly reception, big room with many windows and good view, clean modern bathroom, quiet no noise, hotel in good central location.

Value for money
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

I had reserved a room quiet and a doble bed, but didn't happen it. I saw some hair in the bathroom. There aren't block out in windows, only curtain.

The hotel are located on historical center in Chinatown neighborhhod. The staff were attentive and friendly. Gave us detailed information about the turistic spots.

Great location. Not the nicest hotel room in the world but got what we paid for.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

No window in the room although we knew that was the case before we booked. There was Red stains on the carpet. The taps in the bathroom were not clean.

Breakfast was fantastic.

Nice centrally located 3* hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

Soundproofing could have been better - could hear noise from the rooms& hallway during the day-time but it wasn't a problem at night at all.

Good location close to the Central station and the city centre. Not the best impression from the outside but the room was actually spacious and comfy. Tea&coffee and kettle in the room. Internet working perfectly. Surprisingly abundant breakfast. Stayed only 1 night so no window wasn't an issue at all.

Great location, just a 5 minute walk from the train station.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

Can't find fault with anything.

Great location, just a 5 minute walk from the train station. Nice, clean hotel with friendly staff. Room was very spacious and well equipped with air conditioning, tea facilities, seating area, etc. Bathroom was excellent with a very nice shower.

Very good location and nice staff
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

I think the staff is not quite familiar with the city, so one cannot seek too much help from him regarding the tourist attractions. But he is a nice guy, indeed, and tries his best to help. Moreover, our room does not have a window.

The hotel locates in the heart of the China town, which is perfect, not only because it is itself a tourist attraction, but also because there are a lot of good restaurants nearby. The staff on the front desk is quite nice.

Good enough for short stay.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

Philipino (?) girl on reception was robotic both days - not friendly at all. We couldn't be bothered even saying goodbye to her when we left and neither did she ;o) Room floor carpet badly stained red.....

Good location for train and city. Adequate room with no window - which we knew.

Location is good. Service bad. Breakfast very average and start late at 7.00 am
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

Reception was not the most efficient : I was asking for check out in the morning after breakfast , Lady from reception left desk with sign for 5 min, I was waiting more than 20 min - was late for train and meeting as result. Breakfast starts at 7.00 which was not announced in the breakfast reco I got from booking.com - if I know from start will not take it as needed t leave hotel before 7 pm

Location is very convenient to get from railway station and close to old center. Even room w/o window is OK for stay. Bathroom was very clean.

I had a great time there with my family.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It would be better if you weren't asked to read the instructions what to do when you want clean towels for example.

Everything was ok.I liked the fact that it was a small, comfortable hotel with a friendly staff.

Nice hotel in the center of The Hague
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Wi-fi signal was poor in my room. Check-in time could be earlier than 15h.

Very good located hotel with short walking distance to city center and main train station. Hotel is in Chinese quarter (Chinatown) and it is interesting. Room was very clean and spacious. Staff were helpful...

Interesting location.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

Room had no windows. Avoid trying to make more than 2 hot drinks in a day as you'll run out of tea/coffee/sugar/milk etc. Had to collect tv remote from reception and return when checking out. Little things that could be improved upon, but not a bad place for a couple of nights.

Interesting location.

Very nice location. Avoid rooms without windows
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

I sadly chosen a room without a window, I didn't processed the title of the room on Booking.com, and even when I saw it in the reservation I didn't thought it would be possible. Then there we had it. Very weird in the morning, I've always been able to check how's the weather outside. Of course, no windows means no fresh air. Would not recommend for more than one night.

I've stayed at this hotel three years ago, when it was called GoldenShip Hotel. The value for location is great. Some of the rooms have balcony, where smoking is allowed.

Budget acco for a small periods.

for this price, we did not expect a great acco and food, so overall it was as expected.

Nice property. The area surrounding is mainly Asian with shops, massage parlors etc that are all Asian. (maybe Chinese or Japanese). The rooms are a little small but ok (we took 2 Std Double & 1 Comfort Double room without Window) There was a small balcony common for all Std rooms. One can smoke there or have tea in the morning. There is a tea/coffee maker in the room. Breakfast spread is not very elaborate but fulfilling. We had a car so we did not require any public transport, so cannot comment on that.

No window.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

No window..but so what! The room was very spacious. I had a kettle,,and it was so quiet.o street noise or noise from other rooms.Brilliantly located for central attractions. For example I walked from my seta in the Film Theatre Den Haag to my room in three minutes.

being located in China town was reflected in the decor but not so that it was overdone. Really like
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast area could be improved, a little more ambiance wouldn't hurt.

Checked out the property prior to date and found the neighbourhood a little "sketchy" but was pleasantly surprised. Great accommodation for the $. Breakfast very adequate but breakfast area rather uninspiring. Would definitely book this accommodation again but then again I like to be out of the mainstream. Stayed at the Babylon prior but definitely liked the Patton better...

Very practical hotel in the Hague China Town, near city centre
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

The decor is very dark, carpet and furniture. It smelled a bit stale.

Location was great. Room is big. Reception staff was great! Very helpful and involved. Breakfast was surprising, you don't expect it to be so good.

Was nice stay i will come back 🤗
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room without Window

The reseptionst in check in was not smile Normal he write u can paid cash in check in we surprized that u must pay bu credicard

Housekeeping team was perfct Location was good neer statuon

Browse Patten Hotel traveller photo gallery