Reviews of WestCord Hotel Delft 4 stars

Olof Palmestraat 2, 2616 LM Delft, Netherlands

#19 of 34 hotels in Delft

Great Hotel with Great location and amazing Rooms
    • Family Room

when we booked the hotel, few months before .. we specified requested to have 2 family rooms that would be next to each other, as we have kids. well, the rooms we got were not close to each other and the Stuff of the hotel said they cannot do anything since the family rooms that are next to each other are occupied. so please know that your request may not be satisfied

Great location, clean hotel , the room ( we order the Family room) was clean, big and very well designed. breakfast was great and the service is good

Was a very pleasant stay, loved the city of Delft and having a good hotel made it all the better

Liked it all

Everything was very good, the room was excellent and the breakfast was especially good. The staff were particularly helpful as on my last night I unfortunately slipped over on the outside decking and they helped me.

Disappointing expected better maybe, worth a 2nd chance.
    • Comfort Room

I had requested in writing a pre-reserved a high floor twin bed room facing TU Delft. Got a high floor 5th floor but, double bed for me and my son? Had to go back down to reception, re-allocated a 3rd floor room but, same problem. After 30 minutes I eventually got a 3rd room on the 1st floor at the back, no view but, at least twin beds, not a good start. No complimentary water in the room and no iron and board (room stated ironing facilities). On checkout the receptionist asked for another 120+Euro for breakfasts yet breakfast was not requested or taken? Was told they add breakfast and then take off as requested? Strange and disappointing comment. I might give the hotel one more chance as the room was clean and I liked the bar but, the room will have to be as requested next time and not get messed abut or asked for an incorrect closing bill which was disappointing as I expected better from this hotel.

Clean functional room, friendly bar staff and internet worked ok.

If I have chance to visit Delft again, I will stay overnight here.
    • Comfort Room

I love the bed the most. I and my friend had a very good sleep that night. Also the sauna room were cleaned and convenience. The staffs were warmth welcome and helpful.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Good breakfast.
    • Comfort Room

They didn't change blanket and put new shampoo and soap during we stayed in the hotel. Quite isolated location from the city center. The restaurant (doesn't mean the breakfast) was not that good compare with the price.

Good breakfast.

Ordered dinner at restaurant.
    • Comfort Room

Ordered dinner at restaurant. Food was good but service lacking. Took 2.5 hours for our food to be served and the waiter never came back to check on us.

Productive and relaxing.
    • Comfort Room

It is a bit off center in case someone would be interested to quickly access there for after-work time spending.

Quite, calm, and clean hotel with nice and helpful staff. Food was also very nice.

Free parking
    • Studio

Shocked morning with the Fire alarm but Staff didn’t explain what happen. Luckily we were on the first floor

Free parking Friendly staff Studio room was perfect

It was a good hotel for the money and the staff was very helpful
    • Comfort Room

The beds weren’t very comfortable. The hotel bathroom was not as convenient for traveling and we didn’t like that the shower/bathroom wasn’t very private.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

The ikea inspired design is very good.
    • Studio

Some detailed places in the room are not clean. The air circulation in the room is not very good.

The ikea inspired design is very good. The restaurant and food are good.

We had a great and relaxing time. Will definitely suggest and come back in the future.
    • Family Room

I had to go back and forth to refill my tea since the cup is small and it's a waste of my teabag since I do not like to re use teabag. Maybe a pot of tea at each table will be nice.

The staffs were very welcoming, room was spacious and clean. Variety of choice & delicious breakfast.

clean, spacious and quiet.
    • Comfort Room

location is particular boring and big IKEA sign was right in front of my window.

clean, spacious and quiet. nice sauna, ok bar. friendly and helpful staff. good aircon, good window blinds

We had a studio apartment which is excellent with a baby.
    • Studio

They wanted to charge 15 euros for a baby cot. I would have expected to get this as part of the service. At the end I bought a new travel cot for 45 euros.

We had a studio apartment which is excellent with a baby. Very close to the highway and close enough to the city as well

Location is a long way from the centre, a good 30 minute walk.
    • Comfort Room

Room is designed for people with no luggage. Wardrobe is off the floor and is taken up by the safe so no shelf space at all. The twin beds are bolted to the floor and configured as a double bed. The lighting in the room is so bad it is impossible to read. The bathroom is a wet room so inevitably the floor is wet. The restaurant does not serve any young person friendly food.

Clean

Very good hotel. Should warn people about parking in Delft as I received a 99.90euro parking ticket
    • Comfort Room

The spare pillow in closet had been soiled by previous client and should have been checked.

Easy parking, nice bar lounge, good hot buffet breakfast, friendly staff.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone...one of the best I have stayed at
    • Comfort Room

This hotel is superb. Lovely room, excellent and friendly staff great food. Exceptionally kind people who took a lot of trouble to make my stay extra enjoyable

Avoid the restaurant at any cost.
    • Comfort Room

Avoid the restaurant at any cost. Food is simply terrible. Trying to be high quality by just making very small portions. Doesn't Work that way. Sorry. Kitchen is run by kids. There is a MC D nearby or an IKEA - compared to this hotel these are pure Michelin gold.

Very nice hotel
    • Comfort Room

If you use public transportation, location is not perfect.

Everything was very good. Good room condition, comfty bed, nice facilities and kind staff. Also, breakfast was very good.

Modern hotel within walking/cycling distance from Delft.
    • Comfort Room

There wasn't much of an atmosphere in the bar which was an extension to the reception area as the hotel is very open plan and looks to be furnished by IKEA (which is just across the car park).

The blackout blind created privacy in the room. The shower wasn't as powerful as we would have liked but the bathroom was more of a wet room which was very good. The beds were very comfortable and the pillows were the largest we have ever come across in Holland. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. Free car parking and secure cycle shed for our bicycles.

Great location and nice hotel
    • Comfort Room

Great hotel. Only 15min walk into the gorgeous town of Delft. Rooms very clean and hotel very nice for 4star. We didn't eat breakfast but IKEA had great break for $1€!. Check it out

Downstairs area, spacious and relaxed, good ambience
    • Comfort Room

Room much smaller than expected, not like the pictures on the website. Small twin beds in a comfort double room weren't great.

Downstairs area, spacious and relaxed, good ambience

Ideal for a family with car
    • Studio

All-in-all we had a great time. The breakfast was OK- if there was one gripe it was that there was a lack of fruit but helpfully if Westcord read this they will deal with that. We stayed in one of the studios. The sofa bed was perfectly comfortable for our child but it was a shame that the room could not have been designed to give slightly more separation between the living space and the bedroom (blinds or curtains between the two?). The glass door to the bathroom is one of those features that looks great, but isn't terribly functional. It does mean if you have a small child going to bed earlier than the adults, you have to sit in the dark. Bring iPads and headphones!

Although the hotel is within walking distance of the old centre of Delft (quite a long walk admittedly), it is really ideal for those with a car. The site is right beside IKEA (the IKEA sign is in the hotel car park). IKEA have their European training centre next door and a huge IKEA store which offers an alternative to the hotel food. The hotel food is excellent, but of course IKEA is much cheaper. Inside the hotel did a deal with IKEA so that the hotel is entirely furnished with IKEA furniture. For those of you with IKEA furniture at home the experience is surreal and oddly comforting as you suddenly come across a familiar piece. This hotel really scores in its ease of access to the road network and free parking. If you are driving round the Netherlands then it is a very short drive to the Hague or to Rotterdam. It is literally 5 minutes from the centre of Delft. Despite being beside the motorway, the hotel is cleverly designed so you neither hear nor particularly see it.

Well done to the GM for fixing our previous problem (in our...
    • Studio

Breakfast options need to be improved.

Well done to the GM for fixing our previous problem (in our previous) stay. I am very happy and satisfied with the service.

Home from home!
    • Studio

Being disturbed 3 nights in a row by a group of youngsters who thought the long hallways were ideal for running races from 8.30p.m. until 12.30a.m. Sadly they failed to respond to staff requests to walk not run! Thankfully their stay was shorter than ours.

Extremely lovely hotel. Our studio apartment was designed with virtually every home comfort in mind! The hotel reception staff were delightful and the housekeeping staff superb. The restaurants had a huge variety of food on offer. The small laundry room was a welcome 'added extra' as was the lending library. A huge Ikea is just across the hotel car park and has a small food hall for basic purchases plus a very busy restaurant that most of Delft seemed to want to eat in! You could spend hours in the store and almost need a map to navigate your way around! Delft centre is a short walk away and has much to offer! There are several historical buildings and a variety of shops to please all tastes. Lots of places to eat!

Great hotel to stay at. Now my new regular one for Delft for sure!
    • Comfort Room

The location was good for business. City would be about a 20 minute walk. Location close to Rotterdam Airport. Staff were very friendly and went out of their way at every opportunity. I was made to feel very welcome from the moment I walked in to when I left. Bed was very comfy. Used the sauna facility. Great bonus.

We have a big problem upon check out yesterday (the 19th). The receptionist (I believe a trainee) and the housekeepers are so rude to my Mother. This is very unacceptable to me especially my Family and I are frequent guests at westcord deflt hotel. My Mother and my 8 years old daughter were literally forced out from the room. As an older woman (60yrs old), she needs someone to help her carry her luggages and she wanted to wait for me to help her but I was running 15 min late to picked her up. The receptionist was giving my Mother an attitude and an ultimatum for her to leave the room immediately. Actually all she need was just 15 min to wait until I arrived. She end up had to carry all the luggage by herself from the 4th floor to the lobby and now she hurts her back. What kind of treatment is this? Is this the "new standard" of service from westcord delft? Once again, I am very disappointed. We have been going to this hotel every time we are in holland and I and surprise with the treatment this particular receptionist and housekeeper gave to my mother. Please make sure the hotel got this. Thank you.

Perfect location.

Have stayed here 3 years in a row and would definitely stay here again
    • Comfort Room

Check-in process was a bit confusing. Had my card swiped as a deposit (which is perfectly fine) but staff didn't explain they were taking a deposit to cover all the extras like breakfast and city taxes on top of the room rate for both rooms I'd booked.

Food was superb

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Location 10 minutes bicycle ride to the historic city centre...
    • Comfort Room

Location 10 minutes bicycle ride to the historic city centre, next to the largest IKEA concept centre in Europe. If you don't want to hire a bike and ride, there is a hop on hop off shuttle that stops at the hotel, and is only 4 Euro for the day, and there are Bus options as well. Large car park if you have a car. Rooms comfortable, Food at their restaurant is good and a nice Bar including some craft beers available.

Short walk to old town.
    • Comfort Room

The hallway windows had the view outward - room windows just viewed inward toward the other rooms..

Short walk to old town. Nice, comfortable room. Great value. Easy parking.

1km faar from city center, but close to the highway
    • Comfort Room

4* hotel and forget to clean our bathroom, moreover we got clean towels (even if they were on the floor) after two (!) demands more than 3 hours after request at 20:00.. check-in: receptionist blocked on credit card and then check-out: she charged 480 E instead of 350..

modern hotel and clean room, enough space for belongings, big bathroom, quiet, big parking with enough space

Family reunion in Delft

We stayed at this hotel recently as we had a family celebration in Delft. We had two double rooms and one family room. All rooms were great! The beds were comfy, the bathrooms well appointed and family room had a small kitchenette and dining table. The hotel is a bit like Ikea showroom, but we loved it. The staff were professional and friendly. The breakfast was delicious with great selection of warm and cold food and excellent coffee. We didn't have time to make use of fitness room and sauna. The free parking in front of the hotel is super handy and I believe that there is a hotel shuttle to the city center, but we didn't make use of it. We rate this hotel with highest rating and warmly recommend it!

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

The best hotel I have stayed in
    • Comfort Room

Very friendly, helpful and professional staff who greet you at every opportunity and smile. Excellent location, the best hotel I have ever stayed in.

It was clean and very close to Ikea.
    • Comfort Room

A bit far from the train station. Quite difficult to go to the hotel when having a big luggage

It was clean and very close to Ikea.

Nice, classy hotel.

Tv was a little small.

Nice, classy hotel. Clean, spacious room, shower worked really well. Friendly staff.

Deft Delft
    • Comfort Room

Slight mix up on room allocation on arrival but it was sorted out fairly quickly.

Modern and interesting style; very comfortable and well appointed.

Great hotel

Service, restaurant

Won't be back
    • Family Room

The over pricing on my Vesa card.

Stayed here 3 times now and plan to stay here again.
    • Family Room

Funky decor (next door to huge IKEA store), great breakfast and decent restaurant. Nice outdoor area. Sauna and gym.

Ok hotel
    • Comfort Room

Breakfast was a bit bland, no variations.

Clean

Staffs kindly and friendly.
    • Comfort Room

Staffs kindly and friendly.

Spacious rooms with comfort and utility blended together.
    • Comfort Room

Spacious rooms with comfort and utility blended together.

Location is great
    • Comfort Room

Pillow material was smelly... not sure what smell but maybe smell of new Ikea’s pillow.

Location is great

The breakfast and profssionalism of staff

The breakfast and profssionalism of staff

Nice hotel, good location for car traveler

Car park

Highly recommend this hotel
    • Family Room

That we couldn’t stay longer

Staff super friendly. Hotel and room very clean and modern. Room very well equipped

Excellent Hotel
    • Comfort Room

Easy to find and plenty of parking. All the staff are friendly and helpful. Rooms really large and spacious. Excellent food.

Prima businesshotel

Matige service in resto

Prima businesshotel

A good way to end our holiday

Home away from home

The staff went above and beyond for us, really beautiful...
    • Comfort Room

The staff went above and beyond for us, really beautiful rooms and hotel, laundry facilities were a lovely addition when you're travelling :)

expensive

expensive

Very satisfactory . No pets

Table booking

We will definitely again

Excellent business horsl

Leaving!

Ease of wifi access and general good business facilities

was good.
    • Comfort Room

Room service was poor, The bed and its covers were of poor quality

Friendliness of the staff.

Did not use the restaurant

Breakfast not included

Location, value

Excellent family too
    • Family Room

Nice modern, clean room and the kitchen facilities were very helpful as travelling with children.

The best business hotel in Delft

Leaving!

Excellent business hotel with fantastic facilities

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Great stay
    • Comfort Room

Small issue - no iron / ironing board in room. Though one provided at the sauna massage centre

Staff were friendly and excellent customer service

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Excellent place to stay.
    • Studio

Lovely DEEP bath. Studio bedroom with kitchenette was a very good size. Staff were really friendly.

The giant IKEA sign and the absence of the courtains who...
    • Comfort Room

The giant IKEA sign and the absence of the courtains who can block the light comming from these sign, it's like full moon every night.

Comfortable hotel within walking distance of the city
    • Comfort Room

The decoration of the room, very loud, not tasteful, too much Ikea

Plenty of free parking

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Helpful staff

Helpful staff

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Very nice hotel in Delft
    • Studio

The room, the facilities, the staff, the location

Layout hotel and room

Layout hotel and room

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Wonderful staff. Great location.
    • Comfort Room

Full confort in any respect

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Great place to stay!
    • Studio

This was truly a great place!

• Reviewed: 2 May 2016

Quality for premises/rooms/food and location near...

Shower water pressure low.

Quality for premises/rooms/food and location near Delft old town. Next to nice IKEA. Handy to explore nearby areas like Kinderjick windmills and Gouda.

• Reviewed: 24 April 2016

Light and airy hotel.

We returned with a group from a wedding party at 1 AM, which was announced. No bar could be opened, although there was staff around, apparently enjoying themselves whilst we were queuing to be checked in.

Light and airy hotel. Very nice breakfast.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2016

Very helpful and friendly staff.

Very helpful and friendly staff. No problem with them to extend our check-out hours. Buffet breakfast had a wide selection. On-site parking. Next door to Ikea.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2016

studio arrangement and spa facility available.

in comparison of other hotel we travel world wide we feel that as per hotel's existing available facilities it was expensive.

studio arrangement and spa facility available.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2016

Size of the suites.

Location in the middle of a crossroads along the motorway between Rotterdam and The Hague. Walking in to central Delf takes you at least 20 minutes.

Size of the suites. Free parking.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

located next to big Ikea store, nice rooms furnished with...

staff in the restaurant was not so good trained, especially breakfast can get really hectic and crowded

located next to big Ikea store, nice rooms furnished with Ikea furniture, nice lobby to hang out and read magazines

• Reviewed: 17 February 2016

Nice big room, all modern and functional Ikea furniture.

The location was a little far from the city centre: 15-20 min walk, which basically is ok unless it is raining. At breakfast the staff did not fill up the dishes in the buffet fast enough so you sometimes needed to wait to get your favorite choices.

Nice big room, all modern and functional Ikea furniture. Good bed. Good variety for breakfast. Very friendly staff. A small 3-seater hotel shuttle to the city (cost 2 EUR/person, limited timetable in the winter). The studio had a fridge & complimentary tea & coffee.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2016

- Free parking, convenient for whom travelling with car

- Strange rules about 25 Euro deposit.We waited almost half hr to get back our deposit during check out.

- Free parking, convenient for whom travelling with car - Nice Studio - Easy to find

There are also 79 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.