Reviews of Hotel de Westertoren This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Raadhuisstraat 35, Amsterdam City Center, 1016 DC Amsterdam, Netherlands

#231 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

It was alright. I know lots of people RAVE about Amsterdam - for me, it was a bit.....meh
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

IT was....OK. Stairs were very steep, perhaps only to be expected, but exhausting. Hd I indulged in any of the offerings at the various coffee shops, I would never have made it to my room. Breakfast - very basic. Vacuum packed salami and cheese, wee bit of jam, couple slices of basic brown bread. Delivered on a tray to your room - nice - but getting woken up at 8am by its arrival , not so nice. Room was minimalist - it had a bed, a shower and a TV - in a room the smaller than my eldest sons dorm room when he first went to University. Value - given that all accomodation was quite expensive in central Amsterdam, it was on a par - but shan't be planning on going back, either to the hotel or the city

IT was close to the Dam Centre - and a few bars nearby

• Reviewed: July 14, 2018

Super Location I would stay there again _ prepared for the stairs now
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

When I opened the entrance door and saw at least 50 very steep stairs up to the reception and then another 30 to my room...help. No breakfast room so breakfast was served in your room; yougurt cheese, meat bread (not bad) but not what Id imagined under breakfast included.

Location fantastic. My room had single bed, very comfy, shower and basin, coffee and tea facilities, but shared toilet. Room was light and airy huge Windows, nice view onto a garden and very quite considering youre in a prime position 2 Streets from Dam square, on different bus/tram routes but mostly Walking distance to everything. Staff very friendly

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

Traditional and friendly.

Loved it all if you want old building and orginal features.

Excellent location in a traditional part of town. Yes there are very steep stairs but thats what you get in an old building. Staff very helpful and welcoming. Balcony was a bonus!!

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

I really enjoyed it. The staff is friendly, the room had a lovely view, and the location is great.
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

Be prepared for a lot of steep stairs.

The location was excellent! About 200m from the Anne Frank house. This is great for anyone who has booked a hop on/hop off bus or boat because this is a popular stop. The staff was extra friendly and went above and beyond for anything I asked for. Breakfast was served in the room.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

the price was high for the room, but since it was during a national holiday I can understand why

the steep small stairway to access check in . no bellman to help take luggage up . breakfast was instant coffee and a moderate sandwich. wanted a room with balcony but was given a small room with 3 beds that felt cramped.

the location was right in the action and walking distance to everything.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

Our stay was great we loved the central location and accommodating staff.
    • Family Room

The stairs are tough and the ventilation is poor. The building is historic so it is understandable.

Location was wonderful and the staff is absolutely amazing. We were able to fit our whole family in one room which was great.

• Reviewed: May 13, 2018

Central position.
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

I understand that the prices in Amsterdam are just crazy and I couldn’t expect e.g. a larger room, but the rooms should at least be cleaner. The red curtains in my room were very dirty, with a lot of white stains from something like yogurt.

Central position. The staff was nice. Someone is there 24 hours

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

Great location, small but clean , great sleep , does what it...
    • Double or Twin Room

Shower room tight and steep stairs but stairs to be expected in a house like that in Amsterdam

Great location, small but clean , great sleep , does what it says on the tin !

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

Very good with honest price!
    • Family Room

The only problem is the stairs - to access the room you have to climb a very tall stair. Since we were with my mom that has mobility issues, that was kind of tricky but it turned out ok.

Amazing bedroom with very comfortable beds. Clean and quiet. Fantastic breakfast served in the room.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2018

Location was great.

Access to hotel was not good with kids due to the stairs. It was quite noisy all time.

Location was great. Breakfast was good delivered in the room. Option to have tea and coffee in room itself.

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

Good accommodation especially balcony. Not sure I’d stay here again as prefer different experiences.
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

3 very steep flights of stairs with steps being not very wide. Quite challenging but good exercise. Not good for carrying luggage . Didn’t like the shared toilet although I knew it was shared before I got there.

All staff were very friendly. Room cleaned every day and clean towels provided. Cleaners didn’t disturb you and only cleaned the room once you were out for the day. Balcony was superb where there was a table and chairs provided. Breakfast was simple with slices of bread, yoghurt, juice, cheese and ham slices.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

Beware the stairs!!!!
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

The stairs were absolutely ridiculous. I know Amsterdam is filled with old buildings like this etc, but this was almost unmanageable (several flights). I actually couldn't have carried my suitcase up there if the guy hadn't helped me, parts of the staircase were so steep it was like a ladder. I hurt my back getting my case down again. Also, breakfast in your room at 8am every morning is a nice idea, but I actually don't want someone knocking on my door every morning at 8am! Way too early, and the breakfast wasn't great.

The location was good, and the staff were friendly

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Terrible hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Terms of order were broken! First, i ordered one double bed and we got 2 singles! So the terms of our reservation were breached! Also there are like dozens tiny stairs to the room with no elevator and it was not mentioned in order ! When we told the manager its not as ordered and we want to pay for the first night and leave in the morning he told us we cant and forced us to pay for all nights despite the fact the order was not as ordered ! Shame for the hotel and for booking

Nothing ! Terrible hotel ruined our trip!

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Thanks; all fine, helpful staff, GREAT location.
    • Double or Twin Room

The breakfast was horrible. Dry plain bread, individually wrapped cheap cheese and bad salami. You do have to be in decent shape to manage the stairs.

LOCATION! It was perfect. The stairs were good exercise... :-)

• Reviewed: March 28, 2018

Great!
    • Family Room

The stairs, the breakfast time was too early between 8-8.30 we was still sleeping and would be nice to have a choice of time. We was by reception and you can hear some things going on outside the room and suitcases being taking down or people talking which can't be helped. The room was extremely hot and only one small window- again can't be helped and can work around it Bathroom was ridiculously small and dangerous as it's too small and the toilet is in the shower, a matt was provided which got soaked so if you went to toilet with clothes on after showering your clothes would end up soaked- wet room.

The staff was lovely! Felt safe as they had cameras outside. Hardly see anyone else staying at the hotel. Walking distance to everything. Good value for money if staying with friends and need a place to crash. We would stay again and we would recommend people to stay there. Staff kept hold of our luggage for the day aswel. :)

• Reviewed: March 17, 2018

Ok
    • Double or Twin Room

. Only downfall is the stairs to access the the office and then further stairs to the rooms. Stairs was very steep and hard to climb.

Was very central to where we wanted to be, cleaness was good. Staff was very helpful. Other than that after a long day traveling and exploring the bed was so comfortable. Overall a good experience.

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

The location was brilliant and the view from the balcony was...

The room was a bit small and bathroom wasn’t too good. Breakfast was very basic.

The location was brilliant and the view from the balcony was also brilliant

• Reviewed: February 23, 2018

The hotel was adequate for our needs the room warm clean and tidy and comfortable.
    • Double or Twin Room

The walls are very thin so you can hear other guests next door to you. There is no dining room breakfast is brought up to you at 8am and is a continental breakfast only which consists of bread, salami, cheese, yoghurt and fruit juice. The bathroom was very small. The stairs to the room are very steep.

The bed was comfy and pillows are great. The room was clean and tidy and was always kept warm which was great as we went in February and it was very cold out. There was a large wardrobe to hang clothes in.

• Reviewed: February 15, 2018

Probably the worst hotel, in the world.
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

There’s so much to highlight about this horrific “hotel” I can’t go over everything, so I’ll focus on the key points. The building isn’t fit for purpose with over 70 steep and narrow steps which make it very difficult to traverse not only when carrying luggage but during the day also. How one would be expected to make an emergency exit from the top floor where my room was located to the only exit in and out of the building without serious injury or severe burns is beyond me. The rooms are cramped and very uncomfortable, and more in keeping with the accommodation provided at a hostel. My wife and I have stayed for 3 nights this February for a romantic break and we were simply stunned upon check in to discover the “double room” consisting of an extremely uncomfortable bed with no duvet but two sleeping bags on top, no double glazed windows for a city centre accommodation above a busy street with traffic and trams running through it and a small shower complete with a sink. Oh yes, and there’s a shared toilet among several rooms...in 2018. On our first night (Sunday 11th) not only were we kept awake into the early hours by this traffic, the room was hotter than Lanzarote in July with no air conditioning, and our neighbours in the next room clealry decided the best way to get through the experience was to party, with the tv on quite loudly, talking even louder and smoking on the balcony. When I spoke to the hotel manager first thing the following morning, he basically blamed me for not complaining at midnight and said there was nothing he could do but I should be thankful the neighbours had checked out! Added to this, when I asked if we could be moved to another room at the back of the hotel away from the busy street, he told me “we’re a small hotel with 8 rooms, so no”.

The location is the one and only redeeming feature of this unfit for purpose dwelling. Aside from that the best thing about it was leaving.

• Reviewed: February 15, 2018

Room was very comfortable, breakfast delivered to your room...

There were a lot of stairs to climb but appreciate that that's a feature of Amsterdam!

Room was very comfortable, breakfast delivered to your room every morning. Loved the balcony and location.

• Reviewed: February 6, 2018

Comfortable and traditional hotel in great location.
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

There is no common area, so best to meet people just outside.

This hotel is a little jewel, and perfect for travelers who love a good location and a comfortable bed. My room was small, but it didn't matter, I had everything I needed. I also really liked the staff, they are friendly and helpful. I will be staying at this property again for certain.

• Reviewed: January 9, 2018

Good bang for the buck so set expectations accordingly.
    • Family Room

Very old building that needs renovation. We were lucky to book the larger room to have our own private bathroom. Not all rooms have this luxury. Also, the bathroom is quite cramped and small but that may be due to the overall design and culture of the country (like the steep staircase).

Hotel is at a central location away from large clubs so no need to worry about loud music late in the night. It is located very close the to main square and 1 mile from the Amsterdam Centraal station.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Great value for the money
    • Quadruple Room

There was this very steep, long staircase to access the reception with no lift meaning not proper for anybody with mobility issues.

The location was great, as it is very close to Dam square and other attractions. The breakfast was adequate. Staff was very friendly and helpful and the room was cleaned every day.

• Reviewed: October 26, 2017

Great Hostel for travelling on a budget
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

The breakfast was really the only thing I could complain about but I preferred going out for food anyway so it didn't bother me all that much. Three slices of bread (the bread was very tasty), a yoghurt and a little orange juice, to be more specific.

The bed was very comfortable and the location was great. Staff was also always very friendly. Perfect for anyone who travels ok a budget or is only in town for a couple of days. The fridge in the room was also a great Addition.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2017

Quite expensive for pretty basic accommodation but it serves the purpose and is in a great location.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very insistent on you leaving the room at ~12 noon for housekeeping. This practice is more commonly seen in a hostel than a hotel and seems unnecessary. A solid door on the toilet / shower room would be better than the current concertina panel door.

Location is fantastic, particularly for a first-time visitor and the hotel is in a very old, interesting building close to Dam square. Staff were kind enough to keep our cases on our last day so we could spend the day in the City. Great little simple breakfast delivered to the room.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2017

All in all very disappointing

While we were aware there was no elevator, we were unaware how difficult the stairs would be to navigate luggage with no help. The room was extremely hot even for Amsterdam in October and leaving the windows open to the busy street below meant no sleep. The air freshener used was overpowering to the point of making us nauseous. The hair dryer didn't work and we had no toilet paper on day 2 of our stay. Breakfast consisted of plain bread with cold cuts and yogurt (with only a knife to eat the yogurt with).

great location and the gentleman checking us in was very kind and tried to be helpful.

Short stay in Amsterdam @ Hotel Westertoren
    • Quadruple Room

The hotel is located very close to Dam Square, it's a good base to explore the city. Room and bathroom were clean, beds were comfortable. Breakfast was delivered early morning, and it was good. We liked the location; the steep stairs might be a bit of an issue if you're carrying heavy luggage or have mobility difficulties, but we didn't have a problem with it. There are different options for eating-out nearby, the hotel staff gave us some recommendations. Staff was accessible and helpful. They also stored our luggage on the day of Check-out, as we were departing late in the afternoon. We had a good experience, and we'd recommend the hotel to other travelers.

• Reviewed: October 7, 2017

central location, great for exploring the city
    • Double or Twin Room

It was a little noisy as it was a streetside room stairs are steep and plentiful ;)

hotel is very central, great to get to know the area easy to find staff were friendly size was fine for single person

• Reviewed: October 4, 2017

Great location but bring ear plugs.

It was very noisy on the streets and since it is a very old building, it is not very well insulated. Nearly impossible to fall asleep without ear plugs. You could also hear every little noise coming from the hallway. Breakfast was really poor: non-toasted sandwich bread with very little to spread on. No shower curtains in the bathroom.

Great location. Nice balcony with a great view. Electric kettle in the room. Good price for this location and staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2017

The location is excellent.

Beware of very steep stairs from street to reception. I am in my early 60's and I found them a challenge particularly with luggage. Recommended for younger people on a budget. I enjoy city centre breaks with very central location. This fits the bill but would hesitate to go back because of the stairs,

The location is excellent. It's very central close to Dam Square, attractions and shopping. The breakfast served was adequate, boiled egg, cheese, bread, butter jam. Plenty tea and coffee facilities. There was also a small fridge in the room.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2017

Friendly staff, fantasitic location, small rooms, great value for money.
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

Rooms are small and the toilet is shared (you get your own shower), lots of stairs to go up to get to room.

Staff was extremely friendly and made extra effort to accommodate guests. Location was fantastic. Breakfast was nothing fancy but filling. Great value. I have stayed at far worse places in Amsterdam for much more money. Check in and check out processes were easy.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2017

The facilities did their purpose - a comfortable place to stay after long days of sightseeing.

Breakfast could have been a bit more complete (with milk, for example).

The room had a varanda onto the main street and the staff were helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: September 16, 2017

Single room was really comfortable, with a big shower, good...
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

Single room was really comfortable, with a big shower, good cleaning room. Staff was very helpful, discreet and always ready to meet the needs. Position of the hotel really good. I will suggest this hotel to other.

• Reviewed: September 15, 2017

Acceptable

Three flight ski jump like flights of stairs were difficult to deal with after a days drinking but difficult to expect much different in Amsterdam, it is what it is. Three bed room was a little cramped but it was for only one night. Shower was abysmal.

Not a lot to enthuse about, it is what it is. Expensive for what it is but in fairness we did book at short notice.

• Reviewed: September 1, 2017

Great stay in Amsterdam. Lots to see and great culture. Good location for museams etc.
    • Double or Twin Room

Breakfast disappointing, no choice, no fruit, very basic, not real juice, appeared very cheaply put together with no thought. Brought to the room on a tray too early, presentation very poor, food all in plastic bags. With hotel positioned on a main road, needs double glazing and air conditioning. Missing light bulbs and live bulb sockets which a child could easily put their finger into.

Location was good, bed comfy and sheets clean and towels which were changed everyday. Lovely tray in room with tea/coffee and view with window seat. Well equiped room, hairdryer, tv, kettle etc.

• Reviewed: August 30, 2017

Perfect location, nice staff but could have had better breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

Although we thoroughly enjoyed the stay, I would say that the cost was a bit high, mind you average for Amsterdam ! The breakfast was quite poor but the fact that they brought it to your room was a plus. Very steep stairs - was ok for us but not good if you are elderly or have any mobility issues !!

Location ! The hotel is very central, in between the Anne Frank House & Dam Square - perfect location making it easy to wander about be it by public transport or on foot. Some beautiful canals and some good restaurants close by.

• Reviewed: August 27, 2017

Great Stay!
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

Nothing. Everything was great.

Fantastic location, breakfast and Wi-Fi. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Tea and coffee facilities as well as the bar fridge were a bonus.

• Reviewed: August 17, 2017

A part for the stairs, too much, hotel is good.
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

Stairs: too many steps for reach the reception( and with the luggages with you it's not nice) and very plus more stairs to reach the first floor of the hotel( I was at the first) but I think there's 2 or 3 level.

Room is ok and breakfast in the room is perfect. Perfect location

• Reviewed: August 15, 2017

Friendly and helpful staff.
    • Family Room

The steep stairs. Very steep and high, not really very safe for young children and elderly.

Friendly and helpful staff. Perfect location for the tourist sites. Right in the middle of everything.

• Reviewed: August 11, 2017

Good value for money in Amsterdam
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

Staircase is typically Dutch, quite steep so it can be a problem for people with heavy luggage. As I carry a backpack it was OK. Shared toilet is a bit of a nuisance but it was always clean so not much of a problem there.

Excellent location right in the beginning of the Jordaan district, room was cleaned everyday and breakfast was served in the room, which is also nice. Staff was nice and polite too.

• Reviewed: August 10, 2017

Good for what we needed it for, lots of stairs, nice view of nearby houses from window.
    • Double or Twin Room

Doors were very loud when shut, as there were about four rooms on each floor you could hear a lot through the walls. There were so many stairs and we were at the top floor which was breathtaking! But then that's an Amsterdam house I suppose.

Breakfast brought to your door daily by the staff very nice. On our last day the staff also let us leave our bags at the hotel while we spent our last hours in Amsterdam exploring.

• Reviewed: August 8, 2017

Sardines, but happily vacationing ones.
    • Family Room

The two fights of stairs, straight up were really hard with our overly heavy luggage. With a hiking pack and an under 40 year old body it would be fine. The staff were super nice and helpful. At our request so as not to waste food, they didn't give us meats on our breakfast tray-we are vegetarian. Tjey also allowed us to leave our bags for a couple of hours after we checked out so we could go to Van Gogh museum. The room set up was a creative reuse of an old fancy space. There was a sturdy loft with 2 double beds, a smaller than twin bed below, plus another double and a table with chairs all in the same small room. Fh bathroom moght have been 15 square feet with the mini sink in the shower space, separated by only a curtain fom the toilet. Amazing use of space but tough with 5 of us in room. Good value for an expensive city. Great public transit access.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2017

• Family Room

- The staircase!!! Please be mindful the stairs if you bring suitcases or heavy stuff. The stair is narrow and high(See my picture) Reception is on the 2nd floor and rooms are on 2nd floor and upward. - Check in time is from 1-2pm, not 12 as shown on website. - We have to pay when check in though reception is just next door (and they have my credit card) which I'm not very happy with.

Location: it takes only 5-7 minutes walking to Dam Square which is quite centre.

• Reviewed: July 21, 2017

We stayed 2 nights the room was clean and had a fridge and...

There where a lot of stairs in the property:

We stayed 2 nights the room was clean and had a fridge and coffee making facilities. The staff were nice and helpful. The room was cleaned daily and we were given fresh bedding both nights.

• Reviewed: July 19, 2017

This is a basic hotel which is made from an old apartment.
    • Double or Twin Room

The rooms are pretty small. The washroom was extremely small and it was difficult to fit in there. But as said.. manageable for a night. Also.. beware of the many steep steps you have to take in order to reach the reception and then to the rooms.All mentioned beforehand.. but still worth mentioning in reviews too.

This is a basic hotel which is made from an old apartment. So, you should not expect any extra perks. Ok for a night. The staff were friendly and the ample breakfast was brought to the room. The location was very good and conveniently close to Dam square.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2017

Excellent hotel

Check in says 12 but we were told 2 upon arrival.

Excellent location and walking distance to all attractions. The hotel is a little dated but is extremely clean and the beds are the comfiest I've experienced in a hotel. On a busy main road but No noise disturbance. Very steep stairs upon entry but adds to the charm. Highly recommended for location and value for money.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2017

Great value and lovely staff and location.
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

Very clean and fresh towels and daily room cleaning. I had a single room in the top floor. There was a lovely view and a nice breeze when the window was open. There was also a fan in the room which was just as effective.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2017

Great location, very near to the tram stop.
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

The stairs are very steep. They're not ideal for big luggage. I only crashed for one night to sleep at the top floor, but it was really noisy outside - they probably fixed something and people talked really loud.

Great location, very near to the tram stop. The staff were very nice and helpful. Loved the minibar, they served more than enough tea and coffee.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2017

The hotel has an excellent location!

The hotel has an excellent location! The staff were lovely and we were lucky enough to have a room with a balcony which was an amazing bonus!! We loved our stay!

• Reviewed: June 30, 2017

The hotel is not good for family. Bathroom door broken. No wash basin in toilet. Breakfast was very poor. Kids breakfast not included. I think the facility is good for bachelors, who just want to sleep somewhere.

• Reviewed: June 29, 2017

Great central location/unique older building
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

Location, old historic building.

The main thing this hotel has going for it is location. Just around the corner from the Anne Frank House, a five minute walk from Dam Square and right in the historic Jordaan District. The hotel itself is unique. It is essentially a vertical hotel occupying a slice of the building. Located in an older building with steep high staircase. There is no hotel lobby. Just steep stairs that take you to your room and bathroom. But this location is worth serious consideration if you want to be right in the Jordaan District and if you want to experience staying in an old historic building.

• Reviewed: June 29, 2017

This is not a comfortable stay
    • Quadruple Room

Very old building no lift and it is very difficult to get luggage up to room and they do not provide assistance. The room has no AC it is very hot in the summer. The free breakfast os delivered to your room but it is bread and cold cuts and they bring the same every morning. There is a mini fridge and when we opened we found a used bottle of bourbon. The room as not clean or comfortable. Do not recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2017

Great location, clean, but very dangerous stairs.
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

It has no lift and the stairs are too small and very steep. I almost fell while bringing my luggage to our room at the third floor! It is hazardous.

The very good location. It is near the tram station and walking distance to the Dam square. It is also clean and cheap.

• Reviewed: June 21, 2017

A strong young man carried my 21kg case up and later down,...
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

All those stairs, no option! It was very hot in the small room, they don't think they need air con in Amsterdam but I hit unusual 30 days in mid June.

A strong young man carried my 21kg case up and later down, the 73 stairs!!! Light breakfast was brought to the room.quite handy for trams which were great on my 3 day pass.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2017

complaint
    • Family Room

i got asked to take my card to pay with it when i got there. then when i got there the lady demanded that i paid in cash, but i didnt have the cash on me because i was advised online that i would be paying it by my card. it wasnt a very nice welcome. i also picked to check in at 12noon, when we arrived we werent able to check in untill 3oclock, then we picked to check out at 2pm on the monday, but was advised that checkout was 11am, what was the point on offering people this?

i loved the double bunk beds, there was lots of room

• Reviewed: June 13, 2017

I recommend with one exception...
    • Double Room with Shared Toilet

Stairs are many and very dangerous, people with limitations do not place the hotel as a hypothesis

The location is very good maybe the strongest point, the hotel balcony, room is small but cozy, private shower

• Reviewed: June 12, 2017

Good one night stay.

It was difficult climbing the stairs with all of our luggage in our motorcycle leathers as well, but this cannot be helped. The breakfast was delivered to our room and was not the greatest, but not that bad.

The hotel is in a fantastic location for visiting Amsterdam. The room had 3 single beds and was quite cramped with a tiny shower/toilet but space must be at a premium in the city. The room was comfortable and clean and the balcony was a good addition with the views being great.

• Reviewed: June 9, 2017

Great minibreak
    • Double or Twin Room

Very steep stairs with no lift, bedroom quite warm at times.

The room was clean and comfortable, the staff were friendly and the bed was so so very comfortable. Wet room was fine and they provided brew making stuff :) Breakfast was very basic but a nice addition and they let us leave our cases there after check out due to our late flight at no extra cost.

• Reviewed: May 26, 2017

Located in the heart of the city.
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

Very steep stairs, no elevator. If you travel with a large, heavy luggage, be ready for an inconvenience.

Located in the heart of the city. Clean and affordable. Friendly staff. Basic breakfast is served on a tray directly to the room. General impression: good.

• Reviewed: May 16, 2017

Fabulous location, very compact and basic

Tiny tiny room for three with 2ft wide beds, also tiny tiny bathroom. Stairs incredibly steep to office, height of two floors in one, then two more very steep flights to our room.

Great location. Friendly staff. Breakfast brough to room. Felt safe. Bags stored until collection after check out. Affordable for time of year in Amsterdam.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2017

Not a pleasant stay

There was quite a lot of noise from the street. The room was smelly, probably from smoking. The bed wasn't comfortable.

The receptionist was very kind.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2017

Wonderful location with some missings

Wifi connection wasn't so good. There was a early breakfast at the hotel and if you wake up late in the morning you don't have a chance to have your breakfast anymore. There is a really steep stairs at the hotel, if you aren't felling ok I don't recommend you to go upstairs by own yourself.

Hotel has a wonderful location. You can go to Dam Square, Leidseplein, Rembrandtplein and many other good places in Amsterdam by walking. It is also so close to Central Station. Hotel personnel is also very kind and helpful.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2017

property is not as mentioned on the site, hotel is on the...

everything

property is not as mentioned on the site, hotel is on the first floor there is no elevator nothing and the staircase is sooo dangerous to climb, steps are very small and the very steep climbing, dangerous to go up and down, specially with the bags to carry up and down and if you have kids with you

• Reviewed: April 10, 2017

Stayed in a triple room at the hotel, it was the top floor...

For a triple room with bathroom included it only had a shutter type door and not a proper door.

Stayed in a triple room at the hotel, it was the top floor and had an unexpected balcony :) lovely view back towards the Palace in Dam Square. Excellent location for everything we needed, just a five / minute walk from the station.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2017

Basic, quiet room.

Steep stairs.

Mostly quiet hotel, clean room. Friendly staff, comfortable bed. Cheap and basic place for a few nights, shared toilet in hallway, no key for safe in room. Back of hotel faces a residental area so you can sleep with window open, even at daytime. If you are fit, amsterdam centraal is 25 min walk away, carrying your bag. Kettle and fridge in room, even instant coffee , thanks!

• Reviewed: April 7, 2017

Affordable hotel to start city exploring from
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

The stairs were steep and no elevator - meaning, got some exercise. The room was very small, but still perfect for sleeping.

Really friendly service. Great flexibility to serve the breakfast already in the evening, because my morning schedule was unpredictable. The location is excellent for city exploring, including canals and city center. Also, there is a bike rental conveniently in the next door: Green Budget Bikes.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2017

Super value
    • Double or Twin Room

55 steps to the room, but only due to not used to climbing this many steps.

Very comfortable ensuite room, breakfast delivered to bedroom each morning, very good breakfast. Tea/coffee facilities in the room as well.

• Reviewed: April 5, 2017

Good value for money

So many stairs, but after a day we got used to the climb!

The staff were super nice, accommodated all my needs! For a free basic breakfast which I couldn't argue with!

• Reviewed: March 23, 2017

A pleasant, comfortable place to stay.
    • Single Room with Shared Toilet

The room was small, but it was just enough for me. There's a huge flight of stairs that takes you up to the main floor and then more to get to your own floor. It's managable if you take it slowly!!

The staff was very friendly. One guy knocks on your door every morning with a tray of breakfast. He's very accommodating if you want him to bring it earlier or later than his usual time (around 8/8:30). They cleaned the rooms every day and left everything very nice and tidy. I also loved that I had a shower and sink in my room.

• Reviewed: March 6, 2017

Lovely place, would recommend
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom was quite small and as we were on the top floor there was a lot of steps.

Staff were lovely, beds were so comfy. Great facilities and very clean.

• Reviewed: March 3, 2017

Trip to Amsterdam / 6 of us
    • Family Room

Bit of breakfast in the morning delivered to the door. The location is brilliant for where ever you want to go in Amsterdam. Price is very good for the location.

• Reviewed: January 31, 2017

Location(Price) > comfort

The most worst thing is the stairs.. No elevators of course because it's the old town. Even though, it was so hard for us to carry our luggage up and down. Also, the room is so compact that you don't even have space to unfold your luggage.

There are two great things about this hotel. First, the location; it's close to the city center so you can walk there. Second, the breakfast; it's not like what we eat at home but quite enough to take care of our morning hunger.

• Reviewed: December 31, 2016

For the price of this hotel everything was perfect.
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathroom/shower is tiny and you can hear your neighbors very well.

For the price of this hotel everything was perfect. The best thing about this hotel is location, so close to everything! Also breakfast was a nice thing to wake up to. Rooms were clean and staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: December 28, 2016

Comfortable hotel
    • Family Room

Room has very comfortable beds and pillows to suit our famiy of 5 adults. Could easily fit 7 adults. Very happy with accommodation. Breakfast was lovely too. Staff were very friendly. We had no problem with the steep stairs.

• Reviewed: December 17, 2016

Location and Value
    • Quadruple Room

Stairs are very, very steep but we were expecting this. Don't stay here if you have a lot of luggage or any mobility issues. Our room did not have a terrace even though it was included in booking.

Location is excellent Breakfast was better than expected, nice fresh bread and hot boiled eggs one morning. Daily cleaning service was good.

Browse Hotel de Westertoren Traveler Photo Gallery