Reviews of Hotel The Neighbour's Magnolia 3 stars

Willemsparkweg 205, Oud Zuid, 1071 HB Amsterdam, Netherlands

#91 of 410 hotels in Amsterdam

find yourself another Hotel...

old, extremely uncomfortable facilities room smelled smoking and humidity zero pressure for shower at 2nd floor very, very expensive for what you get, I would pay a third MAX

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Terrific place in a charming neighbourhood, easy to get to anywhere you want to be.

Room was very spacious which was perfect as I was traveling with my two teenage daughters. Right on the tram line which took you to Centaal Station so was amazing to be able to have that to easily get around. Staff was super helpful with suggestions, helping with directions and some on-line bookings as well as making restaurant recommendations. Terrific location near Vondelpark, Van Gough Museum, easy walk to Leidseplein, etc.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Great location!

Great location! Tram is right out front and takes you to old Amsterdam (canals etc. ) nice neighbourhood! Beds are super comfortable, bathroom was super clean as well. Nice and secure.

I would live here if the rent were lower. (Amsterdam generally, lol)

A minor thing and perfectly acceptable for a dog friendly location but for those who care, this is an older building and a little dated. Also, the water pressure in the shower was just tolerable.

I originally booked intending to stay 3 nights but I loved my room so much that I extend an additional 4 nights. I practically live in hotels, so I was thrilled with the quality and location of the room for the price. The bed is extremely comfortable and the bathtub is perfect for a soak. The location is perfect for longer stays because you can easily get to all locations without being in the midst of the bustle. Additional, the room had a dog proof balcony that was perfect for my toy poodle.

Room was clean and tidy

Room fans were very loud, and even then the room was a bit too warm; we spent the 14th and 15th of August there and I was sweating at night. We got the room in the uppermost floor and the steps were tiring

Room was clean and tidy Staff were friendly and let me print 10 sheets of paper for free 😊 Their hot chocolate was so good 👌

This is a pet-friendly hotel.

The dog living next door was very disturbing. And the smoke of cigarettes was coming to my room. The room is extremely tiny. The same about bathroom. For 126 euros/ night the hotel could offer more comfort.

This is a pet-friendly hotel. I had a very loud barking neighbor. Also someone around was smoking and all the smoke was coming to my room.

Extra charge for a family of 4 staying in triple room

We had been charged more in the name of extra bed which is not even there. They argued that we are 4 ppls and staying in a triple room whereby I refer the hotel policy saying “One children under 6 years old stays for free using existing bed” and it is not happening. We didn’t feel welcomed because they were more interested in charging us extra EUR 30. All of this dispute is only happening through emails. We were not even notified by the receptionist during the check-out. They sent the emails mentioning about the extra bed before our stay there, I had to argue them by referring their own hotel policy. And however they really did charge the extra amount after our stay when I noticed at the credit card statement.

Fairly good location, 100 m from tram stops and it is just another 1 stop from Museumplein. The room is spacious.

Very good location and nice places around but check your room and be ready for breakfast outside.

Unfortunately 3 things I didn't like are: 1) absence normal hall to meet ppl, to small space near reception and very steep stairs w/o elevator 2) no separate room for breakfast and kind of normal hot breakfast 3) and my biggest problem - room I got didn't correspond photos on hotel site. I paid for double room but got room which was showed on site photo as single room, they only put second bed in the room and said it's double room. So I'd recommend to check in advance your room before your pay for staying there.

The hotel is located in beautiful place, close to museum quarter and has plenty of cafes around. Nice Vonder Park is very close. So very good location to visit museums, the park and close to down town. .

A friendly, comfortable hotel in a good location

The paved garden outside our room could have done with a sweep - full of dry leaves and cigarette butts.

Friendly staff and our spacious basement (back of the hotel) room opened out into the garden which was very welcome given the heat. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom very clean and well-presented. Breakfast was the usual 'Dutch-style' meusli (with welcome optional extra-toppings such as chopped figs & apricots) cheese and ham. The croissants were freshly-baked and still warm. The hotel is located in a nice area about a 10 minute walk from the Museumplein and also close to the Vondelpark.

Hotel with nice design close to museums

Air conditioning should be installed asap.

The hotel is situated in old beautiful house next to lovely Vondelpark and museum square, so very central. Design of the rooms&lobby is nice. However, on the time of our visit it was +30 in the city and there were no air conditioning so we were escaping the hotel. Also the stairs were not a problem for us but they are very steep so it was just annoying after long day of walking.

no hot water

no hot water flush working not properly no baby seat for breakfast room on ground floor with window door on the inner court that was really dirty and communicating with other rooms and service locals

A mediocre experience for a 3-star hotel

I had a basement room with little light and generally a bit gloomy, the finish was underwhelming (i.e. stools for bedside tables).

No frill experience in Amsterdam, I needed a room and I got one - so that's that. There were enough electrical plugs, which was nice.

Nice posh part of town.

Quite small rooms and a very steep narrow stair to your room if you have some mobility issues.

Nice posh part of town... more local less touristy.. clean and super friendly staff especially Zuma!

great location to the park. Perfect with a dog. Breakfast overpriced so we didnt eat there.

showers is very basic but it was more than fine. breakfast was too expensive1

staff were superb - they went above and beyond to make our stay easier. We took with us out 18 month old cockapoo who easts raw food. I was worried about keeping it frozen then cool the next day but the staff offered to put it in the freezer and put our cool boxes in the freezer. Free hot drinks is a nice bonus.

Family vacation

My husband and 21 year old son used this hotel. We had the studio apt which had a small kitchen area but poorly equipped with silverware, plates etc. We chose not to eat the morning breakfast at ~16 euros. Did not seem worth the money. The room size was good but the orientation of the extra bed was ackwardly placed right under the tv(although we didnt watch much tv anyway). We had a small balcony on the street side and was very noisy. Thankfully there was a fan in the room to stay cool.

-free coffee in morning starting at 7:30 am -close to 397 bus pickup(~5 min) for airport, close to tram for local transportation(~1-2 min) -location was good if you want to be near the museums and airport -we used the luggage hold at the desk at arrival and departure of apt

Worth the money

The steps to the rooms were little narrow & would have been better

Excellent stay for Families. The rooms & the yard was very big and suitable when travelling with kids

Good location, friendly staff

Asked for a 2 person bed, received 2 singles. Water heater available, same as coffee and tea but no mugs to be found. No remote for the tv. Only there for 1 night, so we decided to take it as is.

Good location, friendly staff

Nice location but poor money for value ratio

The room was tiny and in the basement, so we barely had daylight and felt the tram passing by every few minutes. The interior was not new at all, one could see the traces of use everywhere. Considerung the price for the room, the money for value ratio was really poor.

Location is good, tram just a short walk away and nice restaurants and shops just around the corner. Beds were comfy and staff was very friendly and helpful.

Very spacious room, more than decent bathroom.

A lot of noise from the road as my room was at street level. Not enough choice at breakfast for this price.

Very spacious room, more than decent bathroom.

Great location close to the center but ouside the chaotic...

They should renew the bathroom and kitchen of the apartment we stayed in.

Great location close to the center but ouside the chaotic turistic area, tram 2 stopping 50 meters from the hotel's door brings you to most of the city attractions. Staff super kind and helpful.

The bed was very comfortable and the staff was really...

I stayed on the second floor and the hotel doesn't have an elevator, but other than that, everything was really good.

The bed was very comfortable and the staff was really friendly.

Staff very helpful, nice atmosphere in Hotel. Good location with tram no 2 outside.

The stairs up to the 3rd floor extremely steep and windy. Should have been warned. Lucky we are both fit and healthy in our late 50s. There is an option to ask staff to carry luggage if needed. Also I asked for twin beds via booking.com and the Hotel had not got this message, even though I got a confirmation email from booking.com.

Croissants very fresh. Good choice of fruit and teas and coffee. Also ham and cheese.

The staff is very kind and communicative, the loggia is very...

room without closets, the window is not good insulation and cold air passes, we were with a little baby and it was cold for her

The staff is very kind and communicative, the loggia is very pleasant

Was a wonderful stay

Unfortunately the price does not match with this kind of lodgement, but for this time of the year, new year celebration It was a fair price regarding what we could find around.

The quite small and dark room was a bit underwhelming considering the photos and the other rooms I've stayed in the past in the same hotel.

Great location close to Museumplein, centrally located and next to the tram stop. The neighbourhood is clean, elegant, upscale and gives a warm, safe and welcoming feeling.

The reception/breakfast area is very welcoming and nice...

The room was very small and chilly. The bathroom door was broken. It was snowing outside and the window was not closing well, leaving cold draughts pass through. There was black mould around the frame and some water leaked through. The management dismissed all this as 'condense' and gave me chocolates to keep me happy. The black mould was never cleaned. I asked to talk with the manager and to be partly refunded: the manager was not available and, though I had been promised to be contacted by email, he never did. I wrote an email which was never answered.

The reception/breakfast area is very welcoming and nice and the position of the hotel is excellent. Personnel is kind and helpful.

A wonderful stay - would definitely recommend to others and stay there again!

Nothing that can be changed but the stairs were difficult!

The room on the 3rd floor was spacious, airy and clean with a lovely little terrace and rooftop views. The breakfast was great too!

Not worth the price. Rude and close minded staff.

Sadly the staff was very rude, we had a problem with our reservation and for such a price, we would have expected a more capable, accommodating staff, with less of a closed mind and short vision, more empathic, able to see our situation as an opportunity to practice client service, so that we could later on recommend their hotel to all people we know.

The neighborhood is very beautiful. Room was ok, but not as in the photos.

Extremely disappointied with standard of cleanliness and unhelpful manner of front desk.

Unfortunately I am unable to recommend your hotel as the ladies room in the lobby was filthy, you made my sister-in-law pay up front despite having my credit card as security, my friend had no mattress pad on her bed and was not given a change of towels, and we did not have the quiet rooms you promised. Although the evening staff were very nice, the level of customer service at the desk was very unsatisfactory.

Kim at reception in the evening was nice

Not bad if you don't have a heavy suitcase and you're small enough to use the bath!

The bath was tiny, I've never seen a bath so small! I'm 5ft4" and slim, and I had a tough time having a shower. Also the stairs are hard to deal with if you have a lot of luggage or heavy luggage. They're steep, narrow, and there's lots of them! There's no lift either. The light on the ceiling gave the room a bit of a depressing glow; I would say that it needs a better ceiling light!

Very friendly staff, comfy bed. The place was kinda quirky, lamp cords tied in a knot to hold them up, a random plant pot hanging on a rail and a dog on the bed to keep you company (a cuddly one!). Nice and clean and nothing was a problem for the staff.

Great experience

No fridge in the room so food could not be kept for overnight.

Nice staff, great location, very close to the Van Gogh Museum and Rijksmuseum. 1 min from the tram station to Amsterdam central station (10 min by tram)

Helpful and very nice stuff.

Very steep staircases, almost impossible to climb! No cattle for coffee or tea in the room, although it was brought in by the nice stuff upon request. No air condition or possibility to warm on a cold autumn day not clean enough

Helpful and very nice stuff. Big room and bathroom

Great location. Everything else so so.

The room was very small. The bathroom has a shower tub combination and the shower head is the hand held type. No toiletries. I had to buy shampoo ect the first day we were there. This may be standard in Europe (except in the best hotels) but I expected toiletries in a hotel that costs over $200 per night. The largest issue was breakfast. We had paid for it in advance and were told that they served from 7:30-10:30. But breakfast was never ready at 7:30 and it took until about 8:00 for them to put out everything on the buffet. Most days it wouldn't matter, but we had a train to catch one morning and were quite unhappy that they did not have breakfast ready as promised.

The location was great. A metro line runs right in front of the hotel. The Van Gogh Museum and Rijksmuseum are 10 minute walk away. There are a number of nice restaurants and bars just steps away. Upscale shops line the nearby side streets.

.Stay away from this hotel, not comfortable, staff is not service oriented

Contacted the hotel 3 months before arrival, explicitly asked for a child bed in the room and accepted to pay 30 euros per night extra for it. However, when arrived late in the evening the room only had a twin beds and a baby crib and the only other available room where a child bed could be added was in the 3rd floor with a *very* steep staircase (no elevator in the hotel), we were promised that the morning after we will be transferred to a more suitable room for a family. Woke up the next morning to find that no one was actually planing to move us, there was no other room available and the hotel staff didn't even try to apologize or make our stay more comfortable in any way. The service we received from the morning shift receptionist was below any reasonable standard. After we left (and paid) the hotel reported us as "no show", probably in order to avoid this review.

We really appreciated the extra care by the staff, but we would rather stay somewhere else next time

The room was really, really small. The bathroom was ok, but it was not clean enough unfortunately. The decor of the room was very hit and miss - there was a canvas painted with glow in the dark white paint and we basically had to hide it in the wardrobe at night (it was THAT bright). Also, lots of motorcycle noise if you get a street facing room, like we had...

The staff were really great, the breakfast was delicious, the shared spaces were nicely decorated. The neighbourhood is lovely! Really great restaurants around, calm, untouristy.

It was really hot in the city when we visited Amsterdam.

It was really hot in the city when we visited Amsterdam. Our room didn't have an airco system but there was a fan placed in the room and it helped us cooling down the room. Very thoughtful. The hotel lies in a beautiful calm neighborhood, near to the Vondelpark and the Museumplein. A lot of small restaurants and pubs are nearby and we loved just strolling along. The personnel is very friendly and the room was nice and clean. We slept with our window open at night and didn't woke up from any noise or so. Great place!

Overall very good, just didn't like them opening the doors two times.

Me and my girlfriend got walked in TWICE. First time they opened the door was okey. But, when they walked in on us on the second time, while i was half naked, thats pretty unaceptable.

Excellent hotel right in the heart of Amsterdam

For the price, this place can't be beat. Wonderful, attentive staff, excellent rooms (room #2 was perfect), and right in the heart of it. There is a wonderful park across the street and the museums are walking distance from the hotel. The #2 tram is also right outside your door if you don't feel like walking or riding a bike. Our stay was perfect.

Great location, rooms need a little updating

There was an ant in my bed, something I havent seen in a hotel before! The location is perfect, the lobby area is very nice, super tubs but the room itself wasnt close to what I would call a boutique hotel. The rooms need some real design, they look like they were just put together without much style.

The employees were all really wonderful!

Good location, very helpful staff, but quirky problems which affected the room's comfort.

Our room was street-side and noisy, so we could not leave the windows open at night which made the room stuffy. There was a bad smell from a plumbing vent in our bathroom which made the stuffiness even worse. Some of the power outlets worked, some didn't. Bed was a little mushy.

Very friendly and helpful staff, excellent location near Vondelpark and museums, many good places to eat within walking distance, nice neighborhood, easy access to trams, we only ate breakfast at the hotel once, and it was really good food with a lot of variety.

Cozy and well located place to stay in world's nicest town

Great service, spacious room with a nice garden view, quiet and superb location. Bed is very comfy and tempting, be careful not to miss all wonderful Amsterdam sights :)

The hotel staff were the friendliest ever;

The noise isolation could be better. I had a room having window to the street and the noise from the trams and speeding motorcyclists and sport-car drivers penetrated inconveniently to the room.

The hotel staff were the friendliest ever; it felt like coming to a home. The breakfast buffet was variant and tasty. The hotel location is good; it can be reached using a single tram directly from the Amsterdam Central station and several central spots, being still a bit out of the busiest hassle of the city in a peaceful neighborhood.

Superb hotel near the Museum District in Amsterdam

This was a such a lovely hotel, we were pleasantly surprised. Staffs were super friendly, the room was huge with a lovely balcony, everything was spotlessly clean. Public transport was right next to the hotel. All in all, we were very happy. Thank you very a wonderful stay.

Excellent location and exceptional staff make this cosy hotel a great choice in Amsterdam

The rooms are a bit tiny and the street is noisy if you keep the otherwise soundproof windows open (this did not disturb us at all, but light sleepers should be aware). The hotel charges 25 EUR for the stay of a dog, which is not a high price at all, but given that they actively advertise themselves as a dog-friendly place, I would prefer to have this included in the already not-so-low price. But I mention this is only for feedback, as our dog was otherwise treated like a royal (and so were we).

The hotel is, as a friend of mine living in Amsterdam described, in the fanciest neighbourhood in the city. It's not in the centre, so you are not bothered by the crowds of stoned tourists, yet tram No. 2 can take you there in just 10-15 minutes (waiting time for the tram included). All major museums are within walking distance and there are lots of nice, hip bars and restaurants in the area, frequented by locals and well-informed foreigners. The hotel is dog-friendly (they even give treats to your dog) and the equally dog-friendly Vondelpark is just a stone's throw away. The bed was super comfortable, which is a big plus for someone suffering from back pain. The staff is very nice, welcoming, attentive and helpful and they really did the extra effort to make our stay memorable. The reception area is cosy, its decor is fresh, coffee and some snacks are offered for free. Wi-fi was smooth in the entire building. We were half an hour late with check-out, but they were flexible and also kept our luggage safe until the evening.

Apart from being a good hotel, the unlimited coffee in the...

The door knob on the entrance - it hurt my finger.

Apart from being a good hotel, the unlimited coffee in the lounge is quite good, and the bicycle hire service is quite handy as it's the best way to move around Amsterdam

My favorite place.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very small but very comfortable and exactly what I needed for my trip to Amsterdam. Vondel Park is a two minute walk.

Soundproofing and construction of doors is quite poor so...
    • Superior Single Room

Soundproofing and construction of doors is quite poor so that if another guest let their door close by itself, it would slam shut and the whole floor would shake.

Good location in a calm and nice neighbourhood.

Booked a double bed but got twin beds. Everything about the room felt somewhat dated. The decor was higgledy-piggledy, bathroom with only a shower curtain = water everywhere, towels with washed out colours. That said, everything was perfectly clean.

Good location in a calm and nice neighbourhood. Tram access close by but also well within walking distance from the central parts of Amsterdam. Excellent staff that was super friendly and helpful.

Lovely hotel, clean and tastefully decorated.

Only one thing: there was no aircon so we had to open the windows to cool down the room. But as we had a room facing the street, it was very noisy with the windows opened so we couldn't keep them open at night.

Lovely hotel, clean and tastefully decorated. Staff were very helpful. The hotel is a good walk from the city centre but not unmanageable. There is a tram that stops close by which can take you to the city if you don't want to walk. Overall a very comfortable stay and I'd happily go back.

Friendliest staff and perfect location

We were on the bottom floor, in the room with access to a garden, and because of this the room felt damp and there was a slightly strange smell.

The staff was amazing. Extremely friendly and eager to help. The location was also perfect with direct access to the tram.

PLEASE TAKE CARE.

PLEASE TAKE CARE... This people don't understand the difference in currencies!!! They charged me in Russian rubbles never the less my card is in Euro and their currency is Euro... then they tried to improve this but I payed 10% more because of exchange cources of Mastercard, their bank, my bank or somebody else...

Sleepless stay

Very small and lots of noise in room. The walls were too thin and it was hard to sleep with all the talk in the reception and breakfast area. Staff not very accommodating when I asked to extend my checkout past 11 am until 12. Rooms need major remodeling. Would not call this hotel 3 stars.

There are better options in this area of Amsterdam

My room was small and uncomfortable. I felt I was in a walk in closet. No place to put anything so I could not unpack my suitcase. So much street noise hard to sleep. The shower was not sealed from the bathroom, so every time you shower, the bathroom floor is flooded and slippery and dangerous. The day I was leaving and in a hurry to get to the train station, the breakfast was twenty minutes late. No elevator, and the staircase is steep with tiny stairs. One day I was eating breakfast, and a family with a small child complained that the high chair was dangerous. It had no tray and no way to secure the child. They were worried he would fall. When they pointed out to the young man at the desk that the high chair was not safe, he replied, "It depends on how you use it." The father was absolutely right. The chair was dangerous. I was not involved in this discussion, but I found the attitude of the hotel clerk inappropriate.

Great neighborhood.

Manwell who checked us in gave us a warm feeling about the...

Manwell who checked us in gave us a warm feeling about the place from the moment we arrived. He was very welcoming and informative. Room was basic but clean and in a very nice area with some lovely breakfast spots.

The friendliest and most helpful staff.

There is no lift. My friend really didn't like the three flights of stairs to get to our room. If this is an issue for you, consider requesting a particular floor during booking.

The friendliest and most helpful staff. Reception is like walking into your mate's lounge room...and that's definitely how we were treated.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

The property's location is central and has a good...

The room is a bit small, yet functional. Toilet is a bit tight too. Windows could be improved to increase ventilation.

The property's location is central and has a good surrounding neighborhood.

A homey, relaxed atmosphere in Amsterdam
    • Superior Single Room

Jeannette was very warm, accommodating, and knowledgeable about my concerns as a solo traveler. The homey atmosphere was a plus! I prefer this kind of location from central Amsterdam plus the convenience of its location to the trams.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Wekend in Amsterdam
    • Superior Single Room

For me the bed was too soft. The stairs are high and wasn’t not much space for my feet. So I suggest everyone to sober up, before using them.

I arrived late, when the reception was closed already. I received an email with all the details about the “late night check in procedures”. But I didn’t have internet connection, so I didn’t see that email. But there was a phone number on the panel and I called that and a staff member explained to everything. She was very kind and then in my room everything okay. I really liked that it all went smooth. To get to the hotel was easy for me (but took some time from the airport). From Amsterdam Central station I managed to catch the last tram (no. 1) and that dropped me fairly close to the hotel. But the tram number 2 would’ve dropped me off almost front of the hotel (but I think that one was gone by that time). Later on I found that out the night bus service is also very good and few buses go there too in every 30 minutes. So the hotel’s location is really good and I like that it is not in the city centre. My room was small, but friendly and cosy. Everything was clean and tidy. The breakfast was nice, not plenty but still more than enough to choose from. I almost felt like home. Staff members were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Excellent hotel

I can't complain about the rooms at all. I couldn't comment about the breakfast as we chose to go out and eat with the locals.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms were comfortable and quiet. The area was pretty and within walking distance of everywhere we wanted to visit although there is a tram stop close by.

Good hotel in nice location and friend staff.

There are no elevator, just stairs. It could be an inconvenient when travelling with big suitcases.

Location is really good a d staff are really friendly!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Short Stay in Amsterdam

At times, I could hear some other guests engaging in intimate encounters.

It's one block from the tram stop to go downtown, or an easy 10 minutes walk to Museumplein. Also very close to Vondelpark. I felt safe walking around alone. Check-in was easy even though my flight came in very early, and I was able to store my luggage until my room was ready so I could begin exploring the city. The stairs are very steep, though the hotel staff will help get your luggage to your room. This is NOT disability-friendly due to the stairs. The room was very clean and quiet, small but not atypical for an Amsterdam accommodation. The bathroom was great. I did not make use of the honesty bar or breakfast. They called a taxi for me when I checked out. I would stay here again.

• Deluxe Double Room

Next to bed I would liked some small bed table, rather than simple stool. Bed was to soft for me, as I like firm bed mattress.

Room was nice and clean. And staff was very helpful. Large bed. Location is excellent - close to nice park. While we stayed in hotel, only once we used tram to get to city center, as walking 20-30 minutes for us was no problem.

A comfortable hotel with helpful staff in a beautiful neighborhood.

The staff were amazing. I had unfortunately gotten food poisoning soon after I'd checked in, not from there establishment btw, and they went well out of the way to help accommodate me and my wife. It was much appreciated

Not a great place to stay.

The room was very small with no room for our suitcases. It was noisy all night, mainly internal noise of other people coming and going. No jug or coffee facilities in the room. No air conditioning and the room was. Quite hot, there was a noisy fan. To get to the room involved climbing 2 steep flights of stairs. Reception helped us up but as we left early they were not around to help us down.

Location near the Museums was very good and access to the...

The staff while friendly didn't seem to know anything about the immediate area- told us the Rijksmuseum didn't have a cloakroom for our bags- when it did. Couldn't recommend any of the local places to eat because "I am not from around here". The minimalist décor- no storage for clothes just a curtain rail with some hooks on the wall and a small metal filing cabinet instead of drawers were not to our taste. OK for a single night but would get irritating for longer stays. The stairs will be a challenge to anyone with even slightly limited mobility. Like many Dutch staircases they are really steep- and there is no lift.

Location near the Museums was very good and access to the trams which go past the front door was very convenient as they went to the central station and city centre every 10 minutes or so. The stop is about 50 meters from the hotel. Warm and welcoming staff.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Personal touch such as the soft toy and the service of the...

The stairs leading to our room were tiny, had to carry our bags to reception

Personal touch such as the soft toy and the service of the staff was really good

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

A gem of a hotel and great introduction to Amsterdam!

Exceptionally friendly and helpful staff, brilliant croissants and breakfast. The bed was super-comfy. Our room had the extra bonus of a small garden! The location is in the heart of the museum quarter of Amsterdam. Quiet but close to tram, great restaurants and cafes.

Very nice and cozy hotel in the quiet place in Amsterdam.

Very nice and cozy hotel in the quiet place in Amsterdam. All the great museums, parks and channels are near the hotel. Public transport is very comofortable here - the tram will get you right from the hotel to the train station.

Very nice and good hotel

The windows could not filter all the noise from street level even at 3rd floor. But it wasn't bothersome either since it's a quiet neighboorhood.

A feeling of beeing at home.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Great stay, great value for the price

The only annoying thing (may not be for you) that you can vaguely hear the tram. It's not a loud noise but it is noticeable. We where at the ground level and maybe this may be a reason. However, we had a great balcony so, it was worth it :)

The hotel is situated in a nice neighbourhood, with nice coffee shops (real ones, with coffee and breakfast), right near the park (Vondelpark). You can get to the center very easy (with tram 2) and you can just walk to Van Gogh museum and even to Heineken Experience. The reception has hospitable staff, provided some details that are very valuable for tourists. We had a great room (clean, spacious) with wiFi (not great speed but usable) and a nice balcony.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Pleasant

Small TV, working desk too small. No in room tea/coffee maker

Nice 3* hotel with sober but spacious room. Very friendly staff. Nice lounge and garden (both small). Close to Museum quarter and concert hall

Coming back to this hotel next time I visit

There is no restaurant on the property. They only sold crisps and drinks at the reception. Breakfast option is very expensive for the food being offered.

The location is awesome. The property is located in a nice part of the city. Walking distance to the Museumplein and all of city centre (if you are up for a good walk). You can opt to walk through Vondelpark to get to town which was a lovely bonus. If you're not up for a walk, the tram station is literally 30 steps from the property. The ambience is cozy and comfortable. Everything was clean. Staff was very accommodating. I was able to borrow the EU power adaptor and store my luggage after checkout for free. Reception is open until late.

2 days on business

Friendly, helpful staff. Location fine for walking into the city. Road a little noisy, but it is in town after all! Single room small but adequate & comfortable. Lovely breakfast buffet, with croissants & rolls freshly prepared in reception. No parking at hotel, so used the excellent park & ride system & walked the final 500m, no problem.

Great hotel
    • Superior Single Room

The room temperature could have been warmer or it would have been nice to have a heater in it

Great location to museums and tram line. Very helpful and friendly staff. Wifi worked well.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Excellent boutique hotel.

Excellent boutique hotel. Perfect location close to cool eateries, Vondelpark, walking distance from the museums and 30-sec from Tram #2 stop. Great people and atmosphere. Do expect small room which is smartly designed. Would recommend any friends who come for leisure.

Browse Hotel The Neighbour's Magnolia traveller photo gallery