Reviews of Zorn Hotel Duinlust 3 stars

Koepelweg 1, 2202 AJ Noordwijk aan Zee, Netherlands

#15 of 23 hotels in Noordwijk aan Zee

Excellent value with a modest price
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Excellent value for money. Breakfast and coffee in the room were included at a modest price. Personally, the location was what we wanted - walking distance to the centre of town, but far enough away to be quiet.

Very helpful staff, free parking, rooms have coffee and tea,...

No lift

Very helpful staff, free parking, rooms have coffee and tea, good breakfast: all of which you don't find in other, much more expensive hotels in Noordwijk.

Good hot and cold breakfast, clean and silent rooms, well...

Nothing !

Good hot and cold breakfast, clean and silent rooms, well equipped, good value for money, not far from restaurants and pubs, close to the beach, very very friendly personal...

Löw Price Option for Noordwijk
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bed was very soft - maybe some people like it that way. Also, my room had a lot of windows and got really hot during the day and was difficult to cool down in the evening.

Travelled for business there - as several others in the hotel. They offer a more price concious stay than other pure tourist hotels right at the beach. And this is no chain hotel. Breakfast is really nice. Beach is 3 minutes walk.

It was OK.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Annoying traffic noise, early morning from the road along our room, in the evening from the main road close to the terrace. Rooms and bathroom not too big and also not optimal equipped.

The breakfast good quality, extensive choices, the staff friendly. The place is clean, and located close to the village, the quality of beds is good.

A fabulous hotel at a great location for a fair price.

A friendly family run hotel I have been using for years and will continue to do so; every room I've stayed in has been superbly clean and shower is fantastic. It's basic, simple but the friendliness, cleanliness and location are all great. Parking can be a little hit/miss; no big designated car park; parking is along the street is sits on. 10 min walk to the boulevard and high street with plenty of choice of restaurants, shops etc. Breakfast is good; plenty of choice and great coffee! Lovely personal customer service; attentive and caring; during a holiday in winter time, they had turned the heating up nice and high so it was all warm and cosy for us when we arrived.

We rested comfortably, had a wonderful breakfast and would sty there again.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Parking on site was not available we had to park on the street . The restaurant did not serve dinner when we were there.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast buffet was very good. They served fried eggs, crepes, sausages in addition to cold meats and cheeses, fruits, juices, cereals and rolls. We parked on the street right next to the hotel. The beach is a few blocks from the hotel and there was an amusement park right at the beach. There were several restaurants along the beach. The bed was very comfortable and the room and bathroom were very clean.

basic hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Quite basic rooms; no double glass windows, therefore quite noisy. heating not working well. quilts too small. breakfast basic.

Central location; personnel very friendly; nice breakfast room

Good for a night, but not fantastic nor very cozy
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

During checking out the people (the owners?) at the desk were not that friendly or enthousiasticThe breakfast is taken care of well, although most of the products I recognised from the discount supermarket. The bathroom is a little bit outworn (but clean!). Our (double) bed was pretty bad, very sagged (however, I still had a good sleep). The atmosphere was okay, but not very cozy nor authentic. I expected a bit more from a (pretty) small and independed hotel.

Our arrival was good - thanks to the friendly girl at the reception desk. The location of the hotel is good, in a beautiful neighborhood and a quiet zone but still nearby all you need for a relaxing weekend off. The breakfast is fine, with an extended assortiment of nice choices to choose from (like pancakes!)

The staff is really friendly and helpful.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was kind of cold outside and warm inside, and this fact generated moist on the windows which then started dropping. Might be a risk for mold maybe. Nothing that bothered us, though. I also do not like mirrors in the room, but then again, it is a personal preference, nothing negative really. It was unusual to have a tap and sink in the room instead of the bathroom, not bothered by this either, though =) These 'negativities' are more like my preferences, I am really satisfied with our stay! Thank you! =)

The staff is really friendly and helpful. Good breakfast, comfy beds. Peace and quiet around. The rooms are kind of modern and they are decorated nicely. Easy to find by car.

It's my preferred hotel to stay at, every time I visit Noordwijk and the area; recommend highly.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms are basic but clean; the beds and shower are superb. It's worth paying a little extra for a comfortable / bigger room; if it does rain and you come back with a lot of wet clothing / boots to dry out, there is very little room to hang things out; especially if 2 of you are staying in 1 room.

I / we have been staying at this hotel for many years when visiting Holland; the family run hotel has a lovely, relaxed atmosphere; it's clean, comfortable and fantastic showers (in all the different rooms I've stayed at). Breakfast options set you up for the day.

Excellent for short stays.

The only shortcoming are the squeaky floors in the corridors and the thin walls -- especially considering the quiet location.

A very warm small hotel a short distance from the center. Friendly owner. Small but tidy and well-equipped rooms and excellent breakfast.

A consistently friendly, helpful, clean and pleasant stay at De Duinlust; been coming here for many
    • Budget Twin Room

The highlight of my stay was the thoughtfulness and helpfulness of Ton; on the day of arrival (stayed just 1 night this time) it was a cold and miserable day and I rang to the hotel, asking if they could possibly put the heating on/up so it would be nice and warm upon arrival. We arrived at 9pm and the room was lovely warm and toasty! A very warm welcome :-) Always a good stay at De Duinlust.......

The bed was comfortable, the room nice and breakfast was...
    • Budget Twin Room

The bed was comfortable, the room nice and breakfast was copious and prepared with care. Very friendly staff! I would go there again and I warmly recommend this hotel.

Very nice experience: Hôtel is accessible by buses from...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I got a simple-bed room, was hoping for a bigger bed.

Very nice experience: Hôtel is accessible by buses from Leiden Centraal (About 20min) and 5min walk to Noordwijk center (Few more minutes to the beach). The staff is very friendly. Good Wifi connection on the room. Very good and complete breakfast.

The room was fine, simple but adequate.
    • Budget Single Room

The room was fine, simple but adequate. The wifi worked well, which was nice as I was there alone for work. The breakfast is what really stood out, with a good variety of fresh fruit (and paring knives to cut it up - a lovely touch!), the expected bread/meat/cheese/cereal array, and small amounts of freshly cooked food (fried eggs, pancakes, etc.), that was clearly fresh and resupplied as needed. It's a short walk (maybe 200 m?) from one of the hotels where the ESTEC shuttle stops, and they had the shuttle schedule posted at the reception.

Virtually everything.
    • Budget Twin Room

The only downside, made worse because of the weather, was that I could hear quite a lot of outside noise (including rainwater in drainpipe).

Virtually everything...

Nice cosy basis to explore the beach.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel itself has no parking lot. Free parking is on the street, which can be very crowded on good weather days. We had no problem parking two cars though.

Nice family restaurant. Very relaxed atmosphere. Rooms are basic, but clean and all you need is there and working well. Bed was a touch soft, but exactly we slept great. The breakfast was very good. Wide choice of fresh foods, drinks, very well done. Many people brought their bikes.

A great location for our weekend break to Noordwijk
    • Budget Twin Room

I used to pass this hotel as a little girl visiting Noordwijk with my family. It always looked inviting, it is now dated inside but cosy and I had a lovely view towards the sea front road, location is perfect. Breakfast was lovely, especially the pancakes and syrup. The lockable gated area was great for our six bikes and gave us peace of mind as we had cycled from the Hoek of Holland and needed them for our return journey.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Not for me
    • Budget Twin Room

No tra or coffee in room toilet and shower incredibly small breakfast facilities rubbish staff not interested or about at breakfast Beds uncomfortable

Enjoyed the stay and location
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Happy with my stay. Lovely location. Quiet, peaceful and green. Helping staff. Good breakfast. Tea / coffee facilities in room Free Parking on the road. 2 mins drive to beach and shops and restaurants. Lighthouse is 5 mins drive from here. Good sense of humor of the receptionist will stay again on my next visit

A really lovely family-run hotel
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

We had a splendid stay at the Zorn Hotel Duinlust. The owners and their staff made us very welcome and nothing was too much trouble. My wife and I are vegan, and the hotel ensured that we had non-dairy milk and margarine at breakfast each morning. The rooms are basic, but very comfortable and spotlessly clean with crisp white cotton bed linen. The location is great, just a short walk from the beach, the bars and public transport. Highly recommended for a stay in this delightful little resort, just by the bulb-growing region and a good base for exploring the rest of The Netherlands.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Wonderful plase-Noordwijk!!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything. Everything. Everything. !!! Derik is great, he helped me about everithing. Staff is very careful and kindly. Otel is wonderful. I chose this hotel especially for keukenhof garden. there is directly bus to keukenhof (number 90 to Lisse). Norrdwijk is beautiful plase. I want to go there again and if I can I will choose this hotel again. I enjoyed!!! Everything was GOOD!!

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

If you're going to see the Tulips and Amsterdam this is the place.
    • Budget Twin Room

Room was a little on the smaller side and the bathroom was like a converted closet, but for only 2 nights it was good.

The breakfast was delicious! Everything home cooked which I loved! The sausage balls (not sure what they were exactly) were amazing! My friend and I weren't supposed to arrive until close to midnight and they close the front office before then. We ended up arriving an hour earlier. The guy at the front desk was awesome and very friendly! He gave us a brief history of the Keukenhof tulip gardens, gave us a map of the city and showed us where the city center was. Definitely more than I expected and I would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Charming and quaint locally owned hotel

Stairs were very steep

Very clean!!! My bed was very comfortable. Friendly and accommodating hosts!! Locally owned and I really like that quaint quality.

Great - a perfect stay for the price

There wasn't anything we didn't like

The staff were so welcoming and friendly - particularly the young lady that worked there -she really was so lovely to us when we arrived after an extremely long journey. The hotel is in a lovely location, the breakfast was good and the rooms lovely and clean. Also safe & secure bike storage. We shall definitely return and will be recommending to friends!

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Lovely family run hotel, perfect for Keukenhof Visit.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

We did miss having a kettle, the room has a coffee machine but the water was never quite hot enough. But you could get hotter drinks down in the bar area if needed. The shower was quite powerful, which was fab, but it didn't drain away quick enough so you were abit conscious of not wanting to flood the bathroom. It was a super lovely shower though...

I Travelled to Holland with my elderly Grandmother with the main purpose being to visit Keukenhof. The hotel staff were very friendly and they ensured we had a ground floor room and offered us travel and trip advice where needed. We stayed a few days to visit Keukenhof, Amsterdam and other areas. The breakfast was varied, and the food was all from Holland, so we enjoyed trying something new each morning!! The room was nice, you could choose your own heat setting on the radiator, and the beds were comfy. We were able to get extra pillows with no hassle.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

A good place to stay if no other choices

The rooms are very small and not cosy. The hotel itself looks old-fashioned and leaves an impression of not being taken sufficient care of. The breakfast is scanty, insufficient and unvaried. It normally includes pre-cooked things with long use-by date (yoghurt, cheese etc.), 'on-request' pancakes and small meat rissoles.

Location of the hotel is almost OK. The personnel is friendly and ready to help .

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Fab from start to finish will definitely be staying again.

not applicable

loved location short walk to restaurants beach shops & bus stop direct to airport v close & only 8.5 euros each. Hotel fab spotless & friendly staff. buffet breakfast excellent .nothing too much trouble printed bus timetables for us & breakfast boxes to travel as we left 5am. fluent English. fab fab fab.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Location close to the beach but away from the busy main...
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Rooms are furnished fairly basically' The bathroom had no ventilation so don't expect your towels and swimming costume to be dry by the next day. Breakfast had a limited choice.

Location close to the beach but away from the busy main streets Secure bicycle storage

bathroom very small

Staff was super friendly

Very soft mattress Facilities were a Bit decrepit

Staff was super friendly Great breakfast Everything was clean

Simple but ok. Friendly. Typically Dutch.

Difficult parking situation, especially in daytime. No elevator.

Friendly staff. Good wifi. Good breakfast. Good value for money.

GReat Athmosphere and personnel!
    • Budget Single Room

GReat Athmosphere and personnel!

Place & service: OK

Some problems with temperature control in bigger rooms...

Place & service: OK equipment: standard beach 5-10 minutes by walk...

Great value for money at walking distance to everything interesting.

Great value for money at a walking distance to everything interesting.

Good location for the beaches and ferry ports.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Good location for the beaches and ferry ports. Also close for the Kerkenhof gardens.

Friendly staff, decent breakfast, nice size room.
    • Comfort Double or Twin Room

Towels were very scratchy.

Friendly staff, decent breakfast, nice size room. Very close to beach.

Reasonably priced hotel
    • Budget Twin Room

The sink was on the other side of the room, not in the bathroom. I find this stange.

Good location, reasonable price.

Nice people who run the place

Nice people who run the place

All ok.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

All ok. Good value for money

A lot of different and very good breakfast items were...
    • Budget Twin Room

The beds could be better.

A lot of different and very good breakfast items were available.

very nice

Breakfast very nice

Friendly and helping staff.
    • Budget Single Room

Friendly and helping staff.

A great hotel with a great family. 8mn walk toward the sea.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

the breakfast is good and the library too.

Good price, clean and well equipped
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Attentive staff, room had coffee and tea

Hotel way below any acceptable standard, even for a low rate hotel.

Everything else

Breakfast was kind of ok

Do not expect a fancy hotel, but you won't be missing anything necessary for a comfortable stay.
    • Budget Twin Room

The personnel is very welcoming and very very kind. The hotel has a very good ratio between quality and cost. Cheap prices for a very good service.

Perfect by my standards

Great staff, big well equipped room. Fabulous breakfast. A real nice kinda old school experience. Loved it!!

Small room, but very clean.
    • Budget Twin Room

Small room, but very clean. Friendly staff

The breakfast

It was without lift

The breakfast

Very good breakfast, very clean and welcoming owner.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Very good breakfast, very clean and welcoming owner.

A very pleasant and welcoming stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A very pleasant and welcoming stay. Good rooms and good hospitality

Great accommodation
    • Budget Twin Room

Very clean and cosy. Great breakfast. Helpful and polite owners.

close to the beach good location

close to the beach good location

Could have been much better.
    • Budget Twin Room

Didn't like the bed, pillows, shower arrangement and breakfast.

Hommy ambiance, optimal location

Very friendly staff

Optimal location, hommy ambiance

Hommy ambiance

I travel to Noordwijk often.
    • Budget Twin Room

Internet was slow this time.

I travel to Noordwijk often. I found this hotel the best in terms of value for the money. So, now I normally stay there.

Good location and very helpful stuff.
    • Budget Twin Room

Good location and very helpful stuff.

Clean and relatively close to the seashore

my bed was lumpy.

Clean and relatively close to the seashore breakfast was honest

Would stay again but would request tea and coffee facilities

I would have appreciated tea and coffee facilities

Hotel was convenient, comfortable bed, good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Close to the seaside

Towels were smelly once used. Room too cramped and beds moved on the floor when moving on the bed.

Beds were very comfortable. Shower was fabulous.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Had the most wonderful stay friendly helpful staff definitely would recommend anyone to stay.

Maybe softer towels

I loved the breakfast it had a real family feel about it from the staff

It peaceful place to stay
    • Budget Single Room

No lIft to carry the luggage to walk upstairs.

It peaceful place to stay

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Parking not possible , not elevator , very small rooms

Parking not possible , not elevator , very small rooms

Keukenhof visitor
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Second floor no lift, ask for first or ground if have problems with stairs.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

-Very friendly staff -Excellent breakfast -Nice breakfast room

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Cosey place
    • Budget Single Room

Bed was very soft , too soft for me

Friendly, not expensive

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Nice receipt - kind staff

Nice receipt - kind staff

Recommended

All was good

Super friendly staff, included simple but generous breakfast, even got a room upgrade since it was a quiet day.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Close to the sea without sea view
    • Budget Twin Room

ground floor below the street level

nice breakfast, friendly staff, the venue

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Cleanliness

Nothing to complain about

Cleanliness, parking facility and customer friendly

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Staff were great, room and ensuite disappointing

Bathroom facilities very cramped

Shower , breakfast and coffee maker

Browse Zorn Hotel Duinlust traveller photo gallery