Reviews of Hotel Zwanenburg Amsterdam Airport 3 stars

Olmenlaan 52, 1161 JX Zwanenburg, Netherlands

#2 of 2 hotels in Zwanenburg

• Standard Twin Room

It doesn’t have a lift, no kettle or drinking making facilities in room and the decor outdated. If I wanted to go on a holiday, too far from anything. I was stayed due to flight cancellation.

Shuttle service to airport. Liked the comfortable bed, modern, clean bathroom, silent location and size of room.

• Budget Single or Double Room

Train service to Amsterdam is a 20 mins walk one way. Would have been excellent if they can provide shuttle service to the train station. The train service is efficient and only 10 mins ride to Amsterdam Centraal.

Location is about 15 minutes from the Airport. Provides airport shuttle service to & from Schiphol Airport. Just be aware that last shuttle service to Airport is 11.30 am i.e. after checkout at 11am. Hotel is in the suburb and hence has a quiet environment.

• Budget Single or Double Room

Bed is too soft. The nearest train station to Amsterdam is a 15 minutes long walk.

Free airport shuttle service to & from Schiphol Airport. Place is quiet as it is located in a suburb. Reception is friendly and helpful.

• Standard Twin Room

Room was basically an overpriced hostel. Spartan to say the least. Lamp missing shade. Lighting poor.tiny. Very inconvenient location. Booking.com should not have listed this as near airport. No where near the airport or public transportation. 50 Euro taxi from city.

Free shuttle to airport, however, van so small that more than 7 people traveling at same time would be out of luck. No elevator but man at desk did carry bag up to 3rd floor.

• Standard Twin Room

It was further out from the airport and the city center, but the free shuttle was very convenient.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the beds were so comfy. Free airport shuttle was top notch!

• Standard Twin Room

Had to walk for 30 min to find an atm for shuttle, then when I couldn't find it I was allowed to use card anyway. Airport shuttle was as expensive as taxi even though we shared it with other people.

Room was comfortable.

• Standard Twin Room

The breakfast is quite normal, but will charge you Eur8/person. It seems too expensive. This hotel offers mini suttle bus between Schiphol airport and hotel when you are arrival and departure. It is very inconvenient if you would like to go to Amsterdam or the other places by Train during your staying.

• Standard Twin Room

Directly under take off flight path. Drastically needed updating. Beds not actual matters but two pieces of foam stick together. No tea/coffee or kettle in room. No 'do not disturb' door hangers - sometimes it's the little things that make the difference. Especially when your barged in on mid dress.

• Deluxe Double Room

The bed was so uncomfortable.. loud people next door to us until the early morning.. and they have a radio playing through speakers in the hallways of hotel this was playing 24 hrs a day ,so didn’t sleep well at all

Staff was helpful.. and the shuttle to and from airport was great

The bed my son and I were sopposrd to share was full of ants !!!! When we called to only member of staff on duty at 11pm they blamed us for having empty crisp packets in the bin on the other side of the room !!!!

Not much - reception and bar staff very abrupt - flowers decorating on tables in bar Ab dead roses and dusty.

It wasn't that I disliked the hotel so much as I just didn't love it. I would stay here again, given the price, cleanliness, and location near Schiphol. There was a minimal bar and I guess a restaurant but we (2 friends and I) didn't see any food served, and we were chastised when we ate our take-out food in the empty restaurant, although the staff member kindly gave us forks and spoons.

Booking.com did not update my reservation, but the desk manager was wonderful in fixing it. (I got an update confirmation, having added a room to my reservation, but the hotel did not. Perhaps this is because I booked the additional room just the day before.)

• Standard Twin Room

The only thing that came to mind was the breakfast that was not included but was 8 euros, I wasn't blown away but maybe it was dutch style and not the eggs and bacon that I expected but I'm in in another country. One other thing was the pillows on the bed seemed like large cushions and weren't that sumptuous.

I liked the staff the bathroom was very clean as was the room that had new sheets every day also had good bus links to Zwanenburg train station that's just two stops into Amsterdam city centre so all in all a good stay.

• Standard Twin Room

Everything was good nothing didn't like .

First good people : as a helpful people, second : good service and about the hotel it is very calm and nice. I like this Hotel. 😊

• Standard Twin Room

Pretty noisy, being full with turists visiting Amsterdam, you can hear the doors open and close all night long. Thin walls, not soundproof.

The location is good, staff is friendly.

• Standard Twin Room

Bathrooms are kind of small and there are no smoking rooms or areas.

The property is located in a quiet area and has lots of parking space. It is also close to local shops and restaurants. Staff is super friendly and helpful. They have Comedy Central on TV.

• Standard Twin Room

We stayed here for 2 days after our flights home had been cancelled - it was the only hotel still left to book on the same day. This hotel really is just in the middle of nowhere - If it was in the city centre I would probably rank the place a lot higher. It’s just in the middle of a suburb outside of Amsterdam. Not what you want when you originally were located in the centre, but it served its purpose. The room itself had strange decor, cigarette burns on the carpet (despite this being a non-smoking hotel) and an air conditioner that didn’t work. But overall it was cosy and relatively clean - It was reminiscent of a teenage girls bedroom from the 70’s. We interacted with 3 members of staff over our 2 days stay - An older man, an older lady and a young blonde lady. The man and the younger lady were extremely helpful and friendly (the younger lady even went out of her way at 11pm at night before the end of her shift to help us book a shuttle to the airport). The older lady however was very rude, she gave us funny looks and tutted at us as we would come in and out from smoking outside (we assumed she mustn’t of liked that we smoked, despite the fact that we were following the rules and smoking away from the hotel): Ontop of this, as we were checking out of the hotel, she attempted to charge us a further €32 for our breakfast for 2 days, despite the fact that we paid the €32 to her directly for breakfast upon check-in. She eventually relented when she realised that we knew what she was doing, but still nonetheless no one appreciates being scammed. The breakfast was okay - just a standard cold buffet breakfast (the only warm options were toast or boiled eggs). Definitely edible, definitely not worth €32 for 2 people for two days. You’d be better off going to the Lidl down the street and buying the supplies yourself to recreate the exact same breakfast in your room for half the price.

You t

Staff at the reception was really lovely (particularly the lady with short hair ) was always willing to help. Free shuttle to the airport was handy too

• Standard Twin Room

There were problems from the get go. very bad customer service. Felt extremely welcomed. Not even a smile. Lack of facilities or should I say lied about facility. Room service poor. I would not recommend this place even to my enemy.

we were miss lead they said it was located neat an airport which is isn't and it cost me 49 euro to pay for a taxi as. They will pick you up and take you back after your stay but when we had to go back to the hotel from the airport it was very costly.

Staff were very friendly.

• Quadruple Room

No restaurant on premises.

Flight arrived early in the morning on an international flight from Canada. Staff helped acquire room earlier for us, even though checkin was 2 pm. Very grateful for their consideration as had my 4 year old twins and grandma with us.

See answer above.

I just used the hotel to get to my morning flight on time without having to deal with traffic delays and for that it was perfect. I would not recommend for anything else.

• Budget Single or Double Room

the last FREE shuttle leaving at 11.30am, we were at the airport for ten hours because of this, we couldnt eat at the hotel had to walk somewhere to find food

the staff were very friendly

• Superior Triple Room with Parking and Airport Transfer - Long Parking

We couldn't see much of the surrounding area as there was a lot of snow but there was a supermarket within walking distance and that sufficed.

The room was fantasti and as we were stuck in Amsterdam due to the snow it was great. The breakfast was superb as well.

• Budget Single or Double Room

Please ignore my review. I didn’t show up for my staying as my connection flight was cancelled due to the bad weather. Perhaps Booking.con show be more aware of it.

• Standard Twin no Airport Transfer

Was a non-smoking room but the air ducts channeled air from a smoke-room into our bathroom to make it unbearable.

Location was good to the Schipol. Quiet despite how close it is to the airport.

• Budget Single or Double Room

The location is a bit far from central Amsterdam but the public transport can get you there

I was stuck at schiphol airport for over 6 hours because of snow. I was told no more flights because of the weather so needed to book a hotel. I found this place and they even came and picked me up from the airport. The bed was super comfy and the staff were amazing in even finding me a charger for my phone so I could call my family.

• Standard Double Room with Parking and Airport Transfer - Long parking

Restaurant closed for refurbishment during stay. Noise from neighbouring and above rooms.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Good airport shuttle service.

• Budget Single or Double Room

No heating in bathroom which makes it very cold in winter. It would have been nice to have a kettle in the room to make tea or coffee.

Very friendly and helpful. Very comfortable bed. Nice to have a fridge. Cosy room. large shower.

• Budget Single or Double Room

Unfortunately the bread would not fit in the toaster and I had to cut the lower crust off so it would fit. Apart from that no complaints.

Very high quality for a three star hotel. English speaking staff exceedingly helpful and knowledgeable. Breakfast was good and good value. Very clean and convenient for Amsterdam central. Just two stops by train and only 10 minutes. Much better value than staying in the centre of Amsterdam. Local restaurants and supermarkets were very good value.

• Budget Single or Double Room

Hello it was a very goof breakfast, with the costumes of bread of Holland, and cheese and lamb, eggs, cereal, butter and many things with sugar, it was for us a very good experience, and a nice place to sleep, calm in the middle of the village of Zwanenburg , quiet with very nice houses so romantic and no very far from Amsterdam only 20 min by train, behind the station you need to ask the people the question of situation of the hotel, many times, but you can also consult google maps, with gps, we think that the place is good, a nice hotel, with salon for play billar , babyfoot, piano, and you can drink and try to meet new people, many bedrooms are in the background with small gardens with small table to read and drink outside, but better for this activity in sprig and summer, with have some pictures about the hotel, but I don't know how to put inside your page, I think that we need to put inside facebook, or key USB, to much pictures inside wiko tel from summer 2017 until travel to Holland, with many pictures from Paris, Hauts de Seine, gardens, etc, thank you for every thing from Seyed&Alicia Goli.

• Standard Twin Room

The staff, treatment, place was dirty, facilities were far. Shower didn’t work and expensive for what you get completely no go suggestion.

The staff of this place was sonincreadibly rude I would never recomend this place to anyone unless you want some old lady screaming at you. I’m not sure this helps booking.com to keep them in their listings, if booking.com recommends this place I’m not sure how trustworthy their accommodations are.

Location - 15 to 20 min walk to train station Restaurant closed

Family run, friendly and responsive, quiet suburb, airport shuttle on arrival and departure.

• Standard Twin no Airport Transfer

The front desk staff was not friendly or helpful. They said I didn't have airport shuttle reserved but their website said all reservations can have the free shuttle. The bed sheets had chocolate crumbs on them, the hair dryer didn't work, there was no peep hole on the door so I couldn't see who was outside when they knocked, there was only a single lock on the door and there was no way to lock the window. Overall the hotel did not feel overly welcoming, clean or safe.

Airport shuttle drivers were very kind

• Budget Single or Double Room

We had an excellent stay at Zwanenburg. It was very close to the train station and the commute was quick and easy into Amsterdam. The staff were friendly and very informative about the city and what it had to offer. We would definitely stay again and hope to soon!

• Quadruple Room

The bathroom hasn't been cleaned after previous guests, there were lots of hair in the shower with used soap (the ripped soap packaging still there next to the soap). Some hair also on the bed so I hoped it was cleaner's hair when she was changing the sheets - bedding looked clean though (although old and bobbly - in need of replacement or buying better quality ones). The room's decor was absolutely horrible (strong patterned wallpaper - although probably very expensive) didn't match striped curtains, there were three large mirrors on the bedroom's walls (all of them different style - some damaged), carpet was very used and dirty (didn't want to take my shoes off - probably lovely when new but it was very high pile so not practical in a hotel). The room just made me feel very uncomfortable and I wouldn't be able to relax there if staying for more than one night. The beds were excellent and very comfy however the decor just made me feel stressed. It had this dark feeling, I felt like in 70's. The bathroom was very old fashioned and basic, more like youth hostel. Our room key was the same key for entrance to the hotel so my son was questioning me whether it is safe to leave our stuff in the room in case all the other guests had same room keys??? The patio door was quite problematic to shut and although possibly good for smokers there were other rooms sharing same patio and I didn't like seeing right into the room opposite our room as very close to each other. The whole hotel was very tired and in need of major refurbishment. Unfortunately we wouldn't stay there again.

The male receptionist was absolutely fantastic, very polite and helpful, explained to us everything we needed to know, very knowledgeable. Two double beds in the room for comfortable night's sleep, very comfy mattresses. Free private parking in the backyard. Location in nice peaceful village, close to the shops and restaurants and close to Amsterdam. Free toiletries in the bathroom. Free map of Amsterdam. Snooker table. There is a Lidl just a couple of minutes away from the hotel with very cheap food. The village itself was lovely although at 11 pm everything was closed. We left our car at the hotel and decided to take a train to Amsterdam Central. The walk to the train station was quite long (25 minutes) and the surroundings of the station looked very depressing and spooky (old sugar factory). Amsterdam Central was only 2 train stops so very convenient however you are only able to buy tickets with COINS in the machine. Luckily our son had some coins on him ... otherwise we would be forced to return back to the village centre to change the money. Return tickets for 2 adults were 13.20 euros. Children free.

• Standard Twin Room

Does not even have an elevator! You have to take your luggage all by hand up the stairs. The rooms are extra small it gets hard to breathe inside. No isolation in terms of sound, you can hear the other guests and also the people outside, it’s like the windows are open! I can’t believe this is a 3 stars hotel, someone should check it out! Restaurant closed for lunch, we didn’t even ask about dinner. Just awful it’s unbelievable that people give this hotel any good rating! I advise everyone to avoid this hotel.

Free shuttle to airport but I advise you, if you book to 18h they will just arrive at 18:20 and you risk getting late to your flight.

See above

Everything was o.k only no breakfast anymore after 11.00 hours We arrived 11.10 hr so no breakfast and we did not get our money back No flexibility of the staff

• Standard Twin Room

My tv did not work. Since I had other things to attend to after I checked in, I did not ask to have the problem fixed. Still, I think the hotel should make sure that things are in working order before assigning guests to the room.

The hotel is right next to the airport, though its still a 10 to 15 minutes drive to travel between the airport and the hotel. Quiet neighbourhood with a good bakery nearby. No air traffic noise to disturb a good night sleep!

• Standard Twin no Airport Transfer

The advertise their free airport service but it is not free is 50 ,euros A/R .the hotel is not near the airport and even the center.they don't even asked my documents they don't give any invoice about the Room and the shuttle .I was there for work but they make me go so angry

Clean

• Standard Twin Room

It takes almost 25' with the shuttle and it runs every hour. This is too long waiting and a waste of valuable time.

Room and bathroom is quite small, dark furniture, not easy to move around, but the bed is OK.

• Standard Twin Room

I did make a reservation for breakfast as Well. And paid for it. But we were downstairs 10.10 hours It was impossible to get the breakfast because we were too late They finished at 10.00 hours They did not mentioned it before. Moreover they donot want to pay the costs for breakfast back so we did not got a breakfast and we did not got the money back For US it was not acceptabel so in the future we will not book a breakfast anymore. The staf was not flexibal at all ( no food at all )

Athe beds were good

• Budget Single or Double Room

the bathroom needs hooks to hang towels and clothes

location. the hotel is located in a small town, with interesting neighborhood to walk through and small town center a few blocks away. we want to come back and experience more of this town

• Budget Single or Double Room

Budget rooms really quite poor, smelt damp, in need of modernisation, new carpet, door and window didnt fit well

Convenient for airport, although as had just missed a shuttle bus it took an hour to get to the hotel. Shuttle at known times to return ok and only takes 15min. Good Wifi, friendly helpful staff

• Standard Twin Room

Negatives : it was very confusing where to meet the airport shuttle at Schiphol. Shuttle was late by about 20 minutes on our departure (probably not the driver's fault). No business center to print boarding passes, however the front desk said I could email the info for her to print out on the office printer. Bathroom door didn't close properly.

Overall, the hotel was very nice and the staff friendly. Pluses : bed was very comfortable, there was a mini fridge in the room, the airport shuttle was better than having to pay for a taxi, the shuttle driver friendly. Decor was very nice in the room for a budget hotel. Location was in a pretty suburb of Amsterdam in a residential area. Location gave us a chance to see something other than the city.

• Superior Single or Double Room

The restaurant is not open at lunch and at dinner and nearby in the town there aren't many places where you can eat. It is a bit noisy because people go out very early in the morning to go to the airport.

Comfortable bed, good position if you have pick up, very cute neighborhood

• Standard Twin Room

Everything was below standard, filthy, rude staff, not good area and all. Nothing was good.

Filthy, not at all good in anyway. Not recommended at any cost.

• Standard Twin Room

No breakfast included last airport shuttle is 11 at night not good if u have early morning flight for next day :(

It was comfortable and close to restaurants and train station me and my son enjoyed our stay

• Standard Twin Room

The word "airport" in the title is extremely misleading. Amsterdam itself is closer to the airport than the town the hotel is in. I did not land in the window for the shuttle and as a result had to pay for a taxi that was almost the same as the cost of the room.

Beds were comfortable

• Standard Twin Room

Comfortable beds. Good parking area. Nice clean town. Nice staff. Close to train into town

• Standard Twin Room

Not in good Location waste of money and time. Gvb transportation service is not available. So you have to buy another service called conexxion or train. Far from the center.

The only thing I liked shuttle bus to the airport.

• Budget Single or Double Room

It was great. There wasn't anything I didn't like. It was very wonderful.

It was beautiful. Our room had a place to sit outside. It was very nice.

Everything was soooo good!! The staff was just amazing people! Location was perfect! That area just perfected our stay in Holland! Very beautiful! Will be back soon! Thank you very much for how you doing your job!!!

• Budget Single or Double Room

It was warm in the room and we were too cheap to pay for air con.

They sent a very detailed email of exactly how to find them and what to expect. Also the staff were super friendly and helpful.

• Quadruple Room with Parking and Airport Transfer - Long Parking

No bed for the baby so she had to sleep in the same bed as us and that was a little too crowdy! but other than that everything was perfect!

The staff was amazing! Super service!

• Budget Single or Double Room

The location isn't close train station, we had two bigger luggages, hard to move so we arrived late.

I must to say It's nice hotel, they have great bed, cleanly room, bathroom and great staff! Free shuttle bus was really help.

• Budget Single or Double Room

The restaurant is open for breakfast not Lunch or dinner. The walk to the train is a ways. Not much room for 2 large suitcases.

Easy walk into the village. Enjoyable terrace when weather allowed. Lots of helpful information about the area.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Rooms were non-smoking but the staff stilled smoked within a metre or two of our open window. Frustrating when you have a small child with you.

Airport shuttle, location to airport.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Standard Twin Room

There is no lift and we were on the 2nd Flr. If you're travelling light it's not an issue but you have two flights of stairs to climb to get to the 2nd Flr. All the info wasn't given when we got there regarding the public transport but this I believe was only because we met with that particular person at reception. As I saw it was different with other members of staff.

The room was clean and beds were very comfy

• Standard Twin Room

Everythis is terrible The room is very dirty They are not cleaning evry day Cockroches everywhere and i found dirty towels on my bed The view is not good And i paid for a room has view, they gave me a room downstairs The service and the receptionist are very tough and rude I dont recommend anyone to go there I will never go to amestetdam anymore because of this ugly hotel

I didnt like anything at all

• Standard Twin no Airport Transfer

Still it is a bit far from Amsterdam.

Clean and nice apartments. And to our surprise it was quite a quiet place, considering it's nearby the airport. To pros - fridge and kettle was provided by request.

• Standard Twin Room

No one there in case of emergency after 10.30.and the fact they left the same bed sheets on the bed for 3day period we stayed.The hotel is not worth £96.00 a night with no inclusive breakfast next time ibis or tulip better option , hence you live and learn.

There was no breakfast being cooked, they never changed the sheets was a bit like a ghost hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

• Budget Single or Double Room

The hotel is in a village 15 km far from the airport. I arrived late at night, and the receptionist was not on her best humor. I was led to a room outside the hotel facilities, window was broken (happily the weather was mild). The room seem to came out from the 70s, which would be understandable for a design hotel, which is not the case.

The bed was comfortable, and the room was clean. The wifi was good enough, both for professional and personal use. Bus shuttle to the airport in the morning. I would say that it was the best possible solution for an unexpected night stay in Amsterdam.

• Superior Single or Double Room

There is nothing ... Maybe the door slamming was too loud a little bit but nothing serious.

Nice clean room with a huge bathroom .... Amazing place to stay.... Nice little quiet Hotel... Defo will go back to them!!!

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Standard Twin Room

In the booking description they have mentioned that they are providing free airport shuttle on weekdays. But they charged from us to give us transport to the airport in the hotel shuttle on a Monday. Also there is no 24h reception. No safety box in the room although they have mentioned that is included.

They have bicycles that they rent out which was good.

• Superior Triple Room with Parking and Airport Transfer - Long Parking

Park, Sleep & Fly is highly recommended. Saves you lots of stress as you have no worries about arriving too late at the airport. Basically you holiday starts on the evening before.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Standard Twin Room

No elevator in the hotel.

1) Very polite, patient and helpful staffs. 2) Room: New, comfortable and clean with nice facilities. (small fridge included) 3) Free shuttle service from/to airport or nearest train station during check in and check out days. 4) Safe neighbourhood 5) Strong wifi connection

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

• Budget Single or Double Room

Doors slamming in the hallways. Small rooms.

personnel were very helpful. Breakfast more than adequate. Located in a very nice city only 15 minutes from the airport.

• Budget Single or Double Room

Very small room (not like the pictures) Airport shuttle has to be booked when you arrived to the airport. You can not book in advanced. If you do not have a phone with you, it wont work.

Near the airport Free airport shuttle Breakfast bufffet OK for 8 Euros.

• Standard Twin Room

There was a door in the hallway outside our room that slammed shut every time someone went out. It was disturbing at times.

The breakfast meal was delicious. The bed was roomy and comfortable. The bathroom was super clean!

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Budget Single or Double Room

Unfortunately the free shuttle wasn't running at the time we had to go to the airport -which was the reason we chose the hotel, we were able to pay to have the shuttle bring us to the airport. Otherwise stay was good. The gentleman at the desk was extremely friendly and helpful and apologetic about the shuttle situation.

We did not eat at the restaurant

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Standard Twin Room

We stayed over night just to catch a connecting flight the next morning. The location of this property is very remote, NOT CLOSE TO THE AIRPORT. The airport shuttle is a joke! Upon arrival to the airport you have to call the property (hard for an international traveler to do) to have the shuttle come and get you. Took me 1.5 hours to get back to the hotel from time of call to arrival at the property. The window was open in my room (outside temperature was 8 degrees Celsius) and the took forever to warm up. Carpet in the room was matted down and very old, did not want to take off shoes.

The bed was comfortable and the staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Budget Single or Double Room

It was pretty cold inside, heater was turned off, so it took some time for a heater to heat a bit the room.

Staff was very helpful, hotel is nice, our room was with small terrace, which is cool when the weather is nice.

• Standard Twin Room

The only downfall was that we expected there to be a safe in our room, so we could lock away our money and valuables. But there was only 1 safe that was located in the reception behind the desk so we didn't use it.

The location was amazing, only a 20 minute walk to the train station and in a lovely street. As it wasn't in the centre of Amsterdam it was much more quiet. There was a range of small shops/supermarkets within 5/10 minutes of the hotel which was very handy as there was a small fridge in the room we could use. We ended up buying bottles of pop, juice, milk and cereal to keep in the room as snacks. The staff were very helpful and could speak English quite clearly, there was also a range of 'mini cards' that offered discounts for the attractions around Amsterdam.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Standard Twin Room

Waited quite a while at check in desk during check in and out for staff to appear. Hotel has airport in name however it isn't near the airport.

Very comfortable and clean. Bed was great to sleep on and free airport shuttle service Made up for hotel not being close to the airport

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Standard Twin Room

There are no lifts and so it could be a tad difficult if you have much luggage.

Bed was very comfy and we were reminded of our breakfast in the morning by the reception

Browse Hotel Zwanenburg Amsterdam Airport traveller photo gallery