Reviews of Clarion Hotel & Congress Oslo Airport 4 stars

Hans Gaardervei 15, 2060 Gardermoen, Norway

#5 of 12 hotels in Gardermoen

• Standard Single Room

Airport shuttle is not free! I guess that's standard in Oslo, but when airport shuttle is advertised, and is not free service, there ought to be mention of that fact

Outstanding Breakfast Buffet! Very comfortable room. Friendly, helpful staff.

Our dinner experience Hosress rude Ordered food fairly quickly, but it was not served for one hour ...water took 20 minutes and the bar drinks took 30 minutes It was unseasonably warm for the date we were there... but it was unseasonably warm for the month of May... so it seems that staff could have provided a fan for the non-air conditioned room and a different blanket than the heavy comforter... or at least a cover sheet to substitute No business center in order to print my boarding pass for the next day

A bit far from the airport. Taxi costed a lot as there was no shuttle bus that time our flight arrived

Really good breakfast and lots of healthy options. Super comfy bed and quiet location. Fast check in and check out big plus too

I was unable to sleep due to the fact that this hotel uses polyester in their pillows. On a warm day this gives off gas. it is also extremely warm to your head. The hotel offers a full breakfast, however, what they dpn't tell you is that there is no hot food or even a boiled egg served until 07:00. If like me, you have an early flight and a long journey ahead, you may like a warm breakfast and not just cold food out of the fridge. The cold food looks pleasant but is tasteless because of the way it is stored. Bread was freshly unfrozen. Hotel Shuttle cost you NOK70,- each way - so make sure you add this to the total cost. Most European Hotels, for instance like those around Schiphol, offer free shuttle transport. Booking.com states that the hotel is 1,7km from the airport. The true distance is approx. 9 km. The Shuttle takes about 7 to10 mins. Booking.com please get your facts right!

Booking/Reception staff were very helpful, the kitchen staff less so.

Value for money. I felt it was a bit too expensive. The room was a bit too cramped for our liking. We had two suitcases and we were unable to open them both at the same time.

You can take the shuttle bus from the airport that leaves every 20 mins to the hotel. The receptionists were extremely helpful in guiding us during our stay in Norway. Breakfast options were great and the room was quite cozy. It was my fault that I forgot to calculate the distance from Oslo Central to the airport, so had to do a bit of travel up and down to the station.

Rooms close to the stairwell were quite noisy as sound from foyer travelled up.

Handy regular bus transfer from the airport, friendly and helpful staff. Clean, spacious layout. Excellent breakfast selection.

We arrived very late and we were exhausted, The night staff member Hendric was so friendly and made us feel so welcome, Bed was amazing!! Breakfast was 5* Cannot fault the hotel.

There are shuttles from airport (every 20 min for 70 NOK) and you have to wait at number 40 and bus number S44. They wellcome you feom their heart. There is free coffee and water just opposite the reception( i liked that a lot). Rooms are very clean and beds are very comfartable. All employess greets you and give a smile. Breakfast menu was perfect. The only disadvantage of the hotel is that there is not a direct bus to city center so you have to go back to airport again.

No concierge. I would’ve happily thrown down some nok for some assistance with getting bags to my room.

Greaaaat buffet breakfast. Clean, spacious rooms

It's not a big deal but the lighting was a bit dull.

The mattress was really comfortable. Reception staff really friendly and switched on. The room was very clean as we're all areas in the hotel.

Worst hotel I have ever stayed at for noise. I was woken up several times during the night to people running/stomping around and yelling or singing in the halls. There was a conference going on but I am not sure for what. Even though the room was nice and the breakfast was great, I wouldn't stay here or at another conference hotel again.

The room was small, but clean and comfortable for one person. The breakfast had so many great options it was hard to pick what to eat!

The hotel is very big and pretty old and it gave me an unpleasant feeling (but maybe because I was tired). We had to take a taxi from the airport as we had lost the hotel bus and didn't want to wait half an hour. It is close - about 5km- but it costed us about 38€ (the bus is 14€ for a couple one way so still not very cheap). And in the morning we had to leave quite early to be at the airport in time because of the bus schedule. So all in all I didn't find it that handy.

Good breakfast; friendly stuff

that is interesting just about the bar- - payment for the day more that 100 euro- but I should also pay 2,5 euro for the small battle of water.- Certainly a lot of hotels use the same system- but it is looks like a very strange for the big business hotell make an aconomy on a such aconomy and do not offer at list one botle of water for free-. - this fact makes me very unhappy. .... :((( and big minus for a hotel!

Cold in the room. No thermostat. Extra element didn't work. Restaurant menu for non meat people needs to be better. No lotion and no conditioner in the room.

Nothing really. A conference hotel is Always a conference hotel.

• Standard Single Room

I would have liked a way to walk to the airport, a strait path or something.

The breakfast was awesome, reception very friendly and helpful, beautiful sauna and showers, and easy public transport access.

Fernando and the breakfast staff were the best.The buffet was to die for. Probably one of the best for variety and quality I have seen.Would stay there again alone for that reason alone.

Nothing not to like for a layover. Avoid taxi!! They are so expensive it's ridiculous (40 euros for 2km). Shuttle busses go every half hour.

Trendy place. Like the style! We've had a lot of hotel breakfast around the world and this place was amongst the best, and it was included. The reception girls were very efficient and friendly, which to offer hot tips which pay off. Free tea ad coffee in lobby is nice when killing time waiting for flights after checkout. Very comfy bed, good wifi, convenient power points next to bed on both sides.

Rembember, when comparing hotels, that with two people you pay 30 eur extra only for the hotel shuttle (return from-and-to the airport / trainstation)

The breakfast smorg was amazing! What I found very disappointing was that there is not a restaurant open at this hotel throughout the day. My friend and I arrived early via train, and we were hungry and ready for a nice meal, only to find out that there was no restaurant open until 5:00 p.m. We had to walk next door and buy a terrible sandwich from the Comfort Inn. I was also not impressed by how much the airport shuttle cost $70 kroner, which works out to approximately $14 Canadian per peson. We had to shuttle to the airport several times to make select our seats in person at the airport, and to travel into Oslo for some final sightseeing, so ultimately between the two of us, we spent $140 Cdn. just in shuttles in the short 24 hours we were at this hotel. The hotel staff were pleasant enough but they had no options for us about the restaurant or the huge costs for what amounted to a five minute drive to the airport. If staying overnight at the airport is needed next time we are in Oslo, I will stay at a hotel that is right at the airport just to spare ourselves the hassle and expense of the shuttle.

• Standard Single Room

I wasn't warned they were renovating, so there was extra noise plus dust in the hallways. There was no chair to sit in, in the room.

The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean.

The payment confusion as the room price was already deducted from my credit some weeks before my arrival, surprisingly during my check out I was stuck to resolve a payment that was finally refunded to my card the night before, I was asked to repay it and wait to get money back in the next days. Luckily the refunded money was received quite rapidly and the hotel was prepared to talk to me if there is an issue.

The hotel looks nice, clean, worth it, although I stayed there only a night and less than 24 hrs and could not fully or properly assess it. The breakfast was good with lot of choice. The shuttle service is wonderfully organized twice per hour even is one should pay approx. 7 EUR for a ride of maximum of 10 minutes. The receptionists seem skilled and helpful.

• Standard Single Room

7am fire alarm (technical problem) Breakfast until 9:30 only Shuttle bus every 30 mins only and extra paid 70 NOK Small rooms

Freshly renovated bathroom OK for 1 night not more

beware....70nok to take the shuttle bus to and from the airport. also there is a charge to park your car. our rooms were dirty upon check in and we had to change. also, our room 2135 had the bed side tables removed from bed unit leaving unsightly holes in frame. no desk in room as other rooms had based on other family members room. gym is great and breakfast was very good.

Restaurant meal choice is limited and overpriced

Very good value for money with shuttle bus connection to airport. Rooms well appointed and comfortable. A little noisy during night with travellers conimg ang going. Breakfast is sensational although the restaurant meals and menu choice for lunch and dinner is disappointing and overpriced

They had no record of the booking via booking . Com and tried to charge a higher price. Luckily I had a hard copy of my original request for a room with the NKr price which they immediately accepted.functional hotel

Free tea and coffee in reception

It's a very long way to walk to get around the hotel building, the airport shuttle is 2 mins and costs 70nok each direction, very expensive for a basic service.

Good sized room, modern decor, simple, clean, early breakfast was good, staff were helpful.

Amazing breakfast, free coffee and tea 24/7 and soft beds. Personel was polite and made us feel comfortable, and warned us about Icelandic brennevin.

No advance information about the shuttle bus from the airport or where to catch it

Perfect stop over with many extra features such as unlimited free tea & coffee and reading glasses next to the menus!

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Because of reconstruction going on in Clarion Hotel we were accomodated in Comfort Hotel next to Clarion. I appreciate the easiness of transport from and to the airport (just 6 minutes and the bus stops in front of the hotel). Rooms are clean and comfortable. But the best part was the an amazing, rich and varied breakfast.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

We were very surprised to find our hotel closed for renovations and would have had no idea except some Norwegian guests helped us. We needed to be notified. Very difficult and relieved we got help and night and returning our hire car.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Nothing bad, just a warning that it is very basic. Also, when we got there the Clarion was closed, so we stayed in the Comfort next door (they had moved our reservation). It was done effortlessly, just a little wonky.

Airport shuttle was easy to understand and use, comfortable rooms and great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

We ate in the restaurant and both got sick (diarrhea) from the Caesar salad. There was a problem with one of the bed lights, which the staff could not fix.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

I observed that food was cleared 5min before the deadline for arriving for breakfast, and the cook for omelette quit even earlier leaving some last minute arrives frustrated. That should all be the other way round!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

On our stay Sept. 16-18, 700 NKr "disappeared" from our room. On our stay Sept. 28, we were both sick from the Ceasar salad in your restaurant.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

No air conditioning - we found the room stuffy. Windows open only partially effective. Phone inoperative. Our change of room request not acted on. Reception staff not helpful. Trash around grounds. Salad in restaurant poor standard.

Waitress in restaurant very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Standard Single Room

Hotel shuttle to the airport not free Almost no non-scandinavian TV channels TV command found lying under the bed Door knob remained in my hand when closing the door

Quiet and clean room

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

Since hotel is close to airport, many people are on transit. Hotel should provide free shuttle (70kr is too much. Many people like me are still not using credit card). Luckily I had some kr left with me.

Hotel location is superb !!

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The bathroom was quite small and the water in the toilet was running constantly.

The restaurant and the staff

The room was awkward with trip hazards into the bathroom

Fantastic breakfast. Nice bath.

The bed was very comfortable. Being 5 months pregnant I really had a restful nights sleep.

The step down from the bathroom is dangerous. I fell and hit my head on the closet.

The bed.

Hotel was nice but the bed was really uncomfortable.

Cleanliness in the hallways

Amazing breakfast, maybe the best I’ve ever had at the hotel.

The short shuttle bus ride to the airport is expensive.

Very comfortable bed and room, breakfast included.

shuttle bus fee is 70 NOK

good coffee 24 hours , breakfast and fitness are good

Corridors needed some maintenance - worn carpets and scratched walls.

Early breakfast from 04.30. Quietness

Comfortable bed

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Very nice hotel with wonderful breakfasts

Evening meal was excellent. Restaurant staff were fabulous.

I thought the hallway walls and woodwork need updating

The breakfast choices were amazing.

Staff very helpful

everything

Excellent quality of breakfast choices; variety of choices at the top

The price was a bit too high.

Great Breakfast and cosy rooms.

Staff were great & breakfast was fantastic

Not buses often enough.

The t-spoons were dirty, but I told the staff. Egg yoke stick in them. No big deal for me.

Room too hot and small

in bus you can not pay with creditcard

take only 3 bus stop from Airoport

Close to the airport, very friendly staff, cosy rooms, very very tasty breakfast

No table for work in the room.

Excellent bed!

Room was over bus shuttle area.

Good location to airport.

Fantastic place to catch a plan the next day. Such a nice place to stay after travelling around the country. Breakfast was fantastic.

boring bar

good breakfast

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Excellent airport hotel, highly recommended

Room was toooooooo hot ! Very noisy outside late at night.

Everything was great except what is listed that we did not like.

A bit off the airport. Had to take a taxi as I arrived 01:15 at an expense of 400NOK

Comfortable mattress

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

but no free pick up

the room and place is good ,

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Standard Single Room

There is really not much to do in the evening in this area,

good breakfast, coffe and tee for free in the lobby,

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Quite far from the Airport

Good breakfast, friendly staff

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

Bathroom could have been cleaner

Great staff

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

breakfast finished at 9.30

airport convenience good breakfast

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Everything was as a hotel should be.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Actually I found clarion hotel is the choice for me due to near from my business place and very reasonable price and comfortable.