Reviews of Best Western Oslo Airport Hotel 3 stars

Museumsvegen 26, 2060 Gardermoen, Norway

#7 of 12 hotels in Gardermoen

While checking out, I have seen the most unfriendly front desk staff in my life, she never said a single word, "hi, hello, etc", never smiled, I just felt unwelcome, I asked even for an envelope and I got the reply "I don't have any", that was it. I am not sure if this was only to me, or there was another reason but this was impolite. The bed was awful, the sheet under me was slipping all the time, I don't know why, this was the second hotel I had the exact same problem. Also there is no space to put your clothes, so this is a "one night" stay hotel, to live of your luggage.

Good breakfast, and very close to the airport, has a paid shuttle to the airport, and everywhere in the hotel is very clean, rooms, bathroom, the common areas.

There used to have complimentary tea and coffee in the room on my previous stay. Recently i checked in no tea, coffee, sugar, cup/glass and electric pot. Also would like to see more English TV shows, news and sports chanels.

There was no facility for lunch and there are no restaurants or eating places close by. The availability of dental kit would have been useful. As there are no shops close by, one has to go all the way to the airport to buy anything.

The Front Office Manager Erik was very helpful. The facility of the Ironing Room was very useful. The Housekeeping Staff were very efficient

All good

LOVED the ease to the airport with shuttle. Room was clean and provided all we required. Food adn beverage service was pleasant and the Grilled Norwegian Lobster starter was simply YUMMY!!!!

Bec of the distance fr the airport you take a shuttle service everytime at 70NOK each. Note that the city train leaves from the airport only. Maybe if you are staying a few days in Oslo, despite the higher prices of city hotels, do the math and factor in all transportation costs.

But as a airport hotel per se, it is clean and comfy, a bit dated but not in a disappointing way. The buffet breakfast by European standards is great and that must stressed . And the staff from reception, dining and housekeeping are highly commendable!

Staff aren't very knowledgeable or helpful. Didn't seem to know much about the surrounding areas and couldn't give us friendly answers to our questions. Woken up at 7 am by the fire alarm that a toaster in the dining room set off. Staff seemed unsure of how to turn it off Bathroom incredibly basic/clinical Window latch not working so couldn't shut propery- quite noisy No aircon

Great option for a long layover. Quick taxi ride from the airport Wonderful breakfast spread! Very comfortable beds Luggage storage Cheap shuttle service between airport and hotel (NB doesn't operate after midnight)

Atmosphere was ideal for business travelers, but nothing special for couples vacation.

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. They were prompt and available when you needed a question answered. We were a late check-in and received the handicapped room. While that would not be our choice, I will say the room was larger than most in Europe and we appreciated the extra space.

Last shuttle bus was 23.50 which isn't the fault of the hotel, but resulted in me needing a taxi.

Staff were helpful and cheerful even at my 1am arrival time. Breakfast was very good and the rooms were clean and well sound proofed considering the proximity to the runway.

Nothing to pinpoint!

The breakfast has a great assortment of tasty, filling choices to get you off to a great start. Great selections of salmon, smoked fishes, omelettes, sautéed mushrooms with onions! Something for everyone. The buffet staff kept everything filled and warm. Damien was established travel helpful as werequested the other two and cheerfully helped with my questions and needs (brought whole milk for my tea ☺). Got the day to a pleasant start.

First check, the telephone was out-of-order; Second check, there's a (dead bug) in the floor near the bed.

Convenience to-and-from the airport, friendly & helpful staff, and quiet environment.

There were ants crawling near the breakfast beverages, though it didn't look like they had gotten into the food or drinks. I mentioned it when checking out. It sounded like this has been a persistent problem.

Excellent bed; we loved the room. The shower actually had doors that closed (we've not had that at a lot of Nordic hotels). The breakfast has a wide array of options.

• Quadruple Room

Couch bed was very small making it difficult to truly sleep 4 people. room was very tight/small when the bed was pulled out. The curtains did not fully block the light from outside. We had been advised that the shuttle was free and it was a cost both directions.

Nice breakfast

We rented the Junior suite and found it not what was offered. No doors, curtains, nothing between rooms. Will never rent from Best Western again. Will not recommend Best Western again.

Conveniently situated near the airport (but you need to take a shuttle for 70 NOK which comes every 20 minutes till 11.50pm). Very clean and quiet. Good breakfast.

When i arrived the reception could not find my reservation, could not help to get into your wifi she could not find my payment, when I paid again/? I got the receipt say that I have paid 0,-. Idiotic systems? Or people without needed knowledge?

Good breakfast

The breakfast is great and has a great variety, staff is very nice, you can get to the airport by local bus as the hotel shuttle is double the price, loved the lounge to hang out

• Quadruple Room

Stayed whilst in transit between flights. I emailed the hotel in advance to notify them of my Best Western reward status, and also notified desk staff, but never received points for my stay. Very small uncomfortable room, no toiletries, unpleasant and stark environment. Overpriced and gloomy restaurant overlooking the foyer. The breakfast was the only good point.

Breakfast was good

Renovation is overdue. Not a single power outlet in sight in the guest room. Actual room was far from what it looked like on the pictures.

Nothing to mention

Shuttle bus was expensive as we dropped our luggage off first then went to the airport to catch the train into Oslo.....the four trip on the shuttle bus then cost as much as the hotel!!!!

Early 4am breakfast option as it was very good.

We stayed just one night to get a flight to NY next day. Transfer to the hotel worked great. Reception staff was very pleasant; we arrived just before midnight. The room was very clean, really comfortable beds and great shower. Breakfast was excellent. Everything you could possibly ask for. We would definitely come back. Great value for the.money

Bus from the airport is expensive, but that's the case of all the off-airport places. Impossible to figure out how to set the alarm using the TV -- not sure it was working properly.

Room clean and comfortable. For dinner a choice between a formal dinner or a simpler platter in the bar area. Nice choices on breakfast buffet.

On arrival the kitchen was closed in the afternoon. Menu at dinner was misleading as the burger was served with standard mushrooms and not chanterelles as quoted on the menu. Pretty expensive burger at £25 !!!

The phone in our room was broken. You'll beed to pay around 7 euros per person one way for the shuttle bus!

Good food in the restaurant and good breakfast.

• Quadruple Room

In the family room the opened 2 -person sofabed was uncomfortable and the room was too small for 4 persons. Under this bed found quite a bit of dust.

Close to airport. Quick shuttle bus. Good breakfast. Great staff.

doors - there are sopoused to be sound and fire proof doors but the lights are glowing thrue the gaskets so also with the light travels all the noises that are on the coridor. That was little disturbing.

• Quadruple Room

We were surprised, how small was the room. We were 4 people and we couldn't move in the room, let alone open our luggage... very paper walls, also I don't understand, why I shall to pay for shuttle from the airport, when I stay in airport hotel (14 EUR return ticket/person)

amazing breakfast, including early bird breakfast, nice staff

The early breakfast was plentiful, varied and delicious. The location was great- an easy 8 min Shuttle bus ride from the airport. (Although a tad expensive at 70 NOK each way)

The internet was not consistently fast in this room I had (167)

Comfortable and spacious room. Great breakfast. Airport is 6 minutes away by bus shuttle running every 20 minutes (from 4h18am) for 70KR (about 8USD).

Fire alarm went off in the middle of the night. No one let us know what was going on. Everyone was so confused. Breakfast buffet you were interrogated if you were staying at the hotel.

Close location

I'm an old fellow and really love a bath but none present in my room (didn't think to ask, too tired!)

Great location and very useful Shuttle Bus to (and from) the airport. Friendly staff and pretty good restaurant too. Room very comfortable.

Despite reservation, the receptionist could not find my room. I had to wait for 50 min to get it decided whether or not I should reserve another room? The receptionist was insecure of whether I should make a new reservation or not? I finally made a new reservation and got a small room, with no heat

Since there was no heat in the room, I asked for an extra blanket in order to keep the warm through the night, but was then offered another room by different (positive) receptionist, which saved my night without a cold.

——

a rather large, beautifully decorated room, with two beds and a sofa! nice shower room. everything is very clean, new furniture ... I want to go back there!

Generally feels a bit old and run down but there was some info that they are working on renovations. Shampoo is a all-in-one hair & body wash. Would be nice to have at least separate conditioner.

Staff were all very friendly and helpful. My hairdryer didn’t work but after calling the front desk, she explained it should work with a bit of tweaking. Although I got it to work after, a staff person came up to my room right away to help. Bed was simple but very warm and comfortable. I didn’t notice but there is an info sheet in the room that says toiletries are available at the front desk upon request. Good to know if you need toothbrushes or razors!

The only complaint was the front desk. We left a suitcase at the airport hotel shuttle, and we requested if they could contact the driver, but they did not care to do so. A little more service would be appreciated.

It is a very good option for staying close to the airport.

• Quadruple Room

I had a delay with cross-account transfer so asked to pay on checkout and it was declined, as well to pay in cash (except local currency). They even suggested me to go to airport to change it, even I was with a child. Extra bed was super unconfortable Transfer to airport (~3KM) cost additional $9 per person

Very good breakfast, sound proof, clean and modern hotel

• Quadruple Room

The rooms were small and basic. The airport shuttle is easy to find, under 16’s are free, one way is £6, the shuttle takes debit cards.

There was a delicious and extensive breakfast with everything you could possibly want including hot waffles, smoked salmon, and fresh juice. The WiFi worked well.

Even though it is close to the airport there is no really cheap way to get there. Bus is every 20 min and costs NOK 70 per person. To get to city center you have to come back to airport! So considering the value of time and money, it might be better to just stay at the Radisson or Park at the airport itself and save yourself some time and headache.

It was a standard property, nothing special. Meets the usual Best Western norms.

The only problem was the coffee.. I did not like it, unfortunately.

The hotel staff are very nice and helpful, the food is excellent, the breakfast is rich and very tasty. Everything else, the location, access and comfort was great!

Coffee indeed was excellent! It was also nice to have tea in the room. Great breakfast buffet, including Norvegian specialities, and extremely helpful staff at the reception.

There are no shops around the area at all. If you want to buy food (other than breakfast) they do give you the option of ordering from their menu.

It is very easy to reach by transit and they also have an airport shuttle (for just 10NOK more). The breakfast had a great selection for everyone. Probably the best selection I’ve even seen in a hotel breakfast. The staff was helpful and answered all our questions patiently. The room was great.

Airport shuttle is way too expensive. We thought it would be free.

Comfortable beds, but not great as a double as they were two single bass pushed together.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Value for money and super comfy stay. We were on our way to Tromso. We reached the hotel at around 8:30 pm after 9 hours journey by ferry from Frederikshavn. It was a heavy snow and we were greeted by a helpful staff during check-in. After a very long journey, having a comfy place like this was a very pleasant experience. We were five, myself and spouse plus 3 children age 14, 11 and 3. The room was super comfy, clean and the beds was superb. It was so spacious with 1 double bed, one single bed and one twin sofa bed. Overall it was a very nice place and value for every pennies paid for. Breakfast on the next morning was super generous to prepare ourselves for a flight to Tromsø at 9 am. Thanks for the hospitality.

Mattress is so soft for me

There are shuttle bus to go to airport(fee around US$9)If you want to go to downtown, It is not convenience. The breadfast is good. The environment is good. The staff is very nice and helpful. The Mattress is so soft.....

Cons: The bed is small as well as the cover. There is no Iron nor ironing board in the room.

Pros: The hotel's location is what really matters. This was my second time and it is very convenient for frequent travelers like myself being at the airport. The toilet floor is warmed up which is good in winter. The breakfast is good and it starts from 4 AM which is very good.

For an airport hotel, I would have expected a free shuttle service. Also with the very nice and fast Oslo Express, I could have stayed in Oslo for the evening. as it would only be a 15-minute difference in time? I could not check-out the evening before, so I had to check-out in the morning waiting in the queue. I had to leave quickly to not miss the shuttle (every 20 minutes) and left without checking out. (called from the shuttle)

Had to wait quite a bit for the shuttle bus and had to pay for it as this is operated by another company.

Nice and comfortable rooms, excellent breakfast buffet with many healthy options.

• Superior Single Room

We happened to stay here while they were expanding their facilities. Loud construction work started just outside of our window at 7:00 in the morning.

The breakfast offerings were varied and plentiful. The room, complete with bathrobe and slippers, was efficient but comfortable.

There is a bus that goes straight from the airport to this property. Buses run frequently. Easy to get to and a nice property if you want to stay close to the airport. Friendly staff. Good food.

The man who checked me in was rude. The "view" from our window were the dumpsters and you could smell them. The room was over priced and they didn't inform us that the shuttle service stopped after midnight. We had to take a taxi - NEVER TAKE A TAXI IN NORWAY. IT'S A SCAM. and it cost a horrendous amount of money. One of the worst experiences I've ever had as a traveler.

The breakfast was good and I definitely created a sandwich out of the breakfast items to take for lunch. Norway is crazy expensive.

• Quadruple Room

The room was satisfactory, though nothing exceptional about it. The breakfast was packed with a tour bus, there was no hot water for tea and we couldn't find someone to help us for about 10 minutes.

Nothing about the facilities, but it costs the equivalent of £60-70 to go 3.4km from the airport arrivals to the hotel. Even the shuttle bus is fairly expensive. I know Norway is expensive but that is robbery. Would put me off staying there again as the transport links are not economical

Hotel in and of itself is very nice, but you can't walk to it as there are no paths there from the airport, you have to get a shuttle or a taxi

airport shuttle was not for free.

Great location - close to the airport and airport parking. Comfortable bedrooms, kind and helpfull staff. Nice breakfast.

Given that one has to take a shuttlebus to and from the airport, the timing of the shuttle is very important. The shuttle was over 10 minutes late according to the time we were provided with at the hotel. We realized however the hotel was possibly not updated in the shuttle times. This gave us very little time to get to the airport, go through security, and get to the gate.

The hotel is clean and comfortable enough for a quick stay.

With the couch put out for a third person to sleep in the Two-bed-room it was nearly no space left to walk or to put your suitcase.

Friendly staff, free parking behind the hotel, clean room, good wifi and a really great breakfast

• Quadruple Room

Room for two transformed in room for four by inserting an extendable sofa . Result: 90% of the room was covered by the beds and the sofa was completely uncomfortable limit dangerous because of the metallic profiles . I slept two hours. Advices: If you can't propose a room for four be honest and propose 2 normal rooms.let the client decide if he wants to pay the difference or he looks elsewhere And burn that damn sofa!

Early breakfast

There is no there there. The Oslo International airport located in the country side and is not close to any towns so you are stuck eating in the hotel or one of the surrounding hotels. This is not the fault of the hotel but a fault of the airport which by the way has some awesome but expensive food choices.

Norway is the most expensive country in the World! This hotel is a bargain for Norway. The breakfast is included and not to be missed! It is an awesome assortment of Norwegian Favorites. If you have an early flight or only one day in Oslo this is the place to stay. There is a public bus from the airport which leave every 20 minutes starting at 4:30 AM. Seems like you can do everything in Norway by credit card so no need to change money if you are only in Norway on a layover. Bus tickets can be purchased from a machine that take cards.

No free airport shuttle but the bus that runs is only $7 each so it is much cheaper than a taxi or Uber.

Best continental breakfast I have ever seen! The beds were very comfortable and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Very clean and modern accommodations. Don't let the outside fool you! They have a shuttle that runs to the airport for approx. $7 each and the rooms have sound proof windows so you don't hear the airport activity unless the window is open. We were extremely comfortable and pleased with our stay here.

First of all, shuttle was overpriced and should be free. We were in a crowded bus with about 25-30 passengers who were on the bus to get to the parking lots around the hotel and NOT Best Western. The four of us were the only ones who got off at BW Hotel. Shuttle should only be a service for hotel customers. Our room was horrible with two very uncomfortable sofa beds. Bathroom was dirty with no amenities provided. I can tell the bathroom was handicap friendly. Lastly, no restaurants nearby and our ONLY option was the restaurant in the hotel. Absolutely OVERPRICED for the food they served. It tasted like airplane meals. We were aghast at the prices of the tasteless food. Customer Service at Front Desk could be better as well.

Breakfast was good.

Restaurant for evening meals. Not a good system shortage of apparently only one cook. Rude restaurant personally the woman. It was rather chaotic. Not worth the money.

Breakfast was good. The restaurant for evening meal is overpriced and with one cook impressive work but chaos. Unfortunately I found head of restaurant rude and crossed boundaries, due to other reasons. Not good experience and food not worth those prices. I am writing in English because on an English Android, not pleased with booking .com and try to go direct when I can.

Free airport shuttle would have been much appreciated

The room was small but clean and the shower had great water pressure. The lobby was spacious and inviting. The service was very good. The breakfast they offered was excellent with excellent taste and variety.

The rooms were on the small side, we barely had space to move around with 3 persons in a family room. There was no coffee maker in the room but there was one in the lobby. The sofa bed was so uncomfortable that we took the matrass off and placed it on the floor to get a good night's sleep.

The hotel was basic, clean, friendly staff. The bathroom was of an average size, and clean. Breakfast was good with a variety of food. Excellent location, close to the airport and plenty of parking.

We were happy to stay at this hotel for the first and last night during our trip for 2 weeks. We stored our luggage at the hotel for 2 weeks. Very friendly staff, very good and delicious breakfast. We will stay here again next time. Value for money with good service and nice, clean room.

• Quadruple Room

The so called 'Family Room' is nothing more than a standard double room with an extra sofa bed. The sofa bed is very small and hardly sleeps 2 people. The sofa bed is of very poor quality with a very thin mattras. Also the room is not very sound proof.

Wifi connection in room poor, better in hotel lobby. Blackout curtains were thin and didn't;t really do their job.

Very Convenient for 1 night stay to make airport connections. Simple and clean. Food in restaurant - both dinner & breakfast surprisingly very good.

The room was next to construction site, shower was old and a little bit rusty. Rooms was very small for the price paid.

The airport is quite close to the airport but the transfer for 5 minutes ride cost almost 9 euros per person.

Front desk staff was very helpful with a difficult and rude cab driver. The room was quiet, no airplane noise despite our proximity to the airport. Even though I was late to breakfast the staff was happy to let me grab some food from the bar before they cleared it.

I wish the airport shuttle bus had been free for hotel guests. To pay NOK70 per person is too much, but this is probably not the hotel's fault. Also, our children really enjoyed the fitness room but would have loved it more if there had been a pool and/or a jacuzzi/sauna or pool.

Very comfortable beds and super friendly staff.

The corridor to rooms is sometimes dirty with deris of food left by dome selfish guests and more frequent cleaning is needed.

Good facilities. The rooms are very clean.

The airport shuttle was pretty expensive in my opinion. It could have been a bit cheaper.

The breakfast buffet was really good with a great collection of food. The location is very convenient for people flying in and out of Oslo airport. Rooms were clean and tidy. I would come back to stay here if flying through Oslo again.

The food in the restaurant was excellent but we were lucky to get some because it closes surprisingly early for what would seem to be the purpose of the hotel (at 22.00).

The personnel was very friendly.

I landed at 11.30pm, missed the last hotel shuttle and had to pay €30 for a taxi to the hotel; probably would have been cheaper to stay in the city centre.

Breakfast was great, and started early enough to take advantage of before an early flight.

We took a taxi From the airport to the hotel and we were charged £43 for a 5 min ride meter not used there is a bus to the door every few mins for much much less hotel gave us tickets to the airport next morning and it was much better

Everything' was very good and staff helpful

• Quadruple Room

~£7 shuttle per person to get to hotel from airport. Room for 3 people consisted of 2 single beds and and sofa converted into a bed. This led to the room being a bit cramped.

Quick check in and room clean. Breakfast was excellent!

Great value. Just fine if you need to get to Oslo airport a day in advance or have an especially long layover. Avoid twin beds, they are super narrow.

Meal prices for dinner are high, but that's Norway. Comparatively speaking, it wasn't bad.

Pretty good value for Norway. And the staff were helpful and friendly.

Browse Best Western Oslo Airport Hotel traveller photo gallery