Reviews of Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Bergen 4 stars

Bryggen, Bergenhus, 5835 Bergen, Norway

#23 of 49 hotels in Bergen

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

So great I signed up for Raddison rewards.
    • Standard Room

The staff totally professional. Location beyond ideal. Proximity to use Flybussen to airport was great. The breakfast on Sunday was beyond amazing. The choices and presentation was exceptional. What a great value for all travelers.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

The breakfast is fantastic.
    • Standard Room

My rating is quit low, because i expect a bit more from a hotel in Norway, especially in this great location. More tv channels, more possibilities in the hotel, better beds, basically everything a bit better. So its nice, but i was expecting a bit better. I will attache a photo from the shower plughole. Its quit unique :-) I mean this wasn't clean for ages... i showed that photo on the reception. They were shocked, and ask me to send it to them via e-mail. So i did. The only thing they did, was saying thank you. I mean if i were the manager, and something like this happens, i would offer a drink, or a dinner on the house or something, so the guest feels the hotel really cares and wants to compensate you. They did nothing like that. Im not the person who will ask for it, as this would be their job. This was a month ago, i received nothing. So the only way they will learn from it is, when i post about it, and its public.

The breakfast is fantastic. :-) The location is of the hotel is super. Stuff was very kind.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Radisson blu bergen
    • Standard Room

Allocation of room I was not happy with standard of room Finally accepted a room After changing 3 times just to save any more hassle Hot breakfast was cold at the server both mornings especially the baked beans which had formed a skin on it Very poor breakfast selection kitchen unable to cater to personal request hot items pre made bacon and egg combo Cold and horrible

Evening meal in hotel restaurant very good but ultra expensive

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Poor check-in. No Frequent flyer miles given. No wake-up call as requested.
    • Superior Room

Read above. Poor.

I gave the front desk, check-in counter my Delta Frequent Flyer # and I felt like the person never typed it in and I still do not have my credit with Delta.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Not Radisson quality sorry
    • Standard Room

Last time I stayed here was May 2018 $133. This time $220 and the room was much smaller. Skimpy on pillow n towels. We arrived early which was requested when I made reservation. Front desk staff gave me an attitude about this. Not good customer service skills. Also the sauna did not have clean large towels. My wife and I were very disappointed this stay.

The bed was comfortable n breakfast buffet very good

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Overall pleasant place to stay with walking access to many tourist points and information clean
    • Standard Room

Upholstery on chair in room was torn this was reported to staff nothing done about it. At check out mentioned this again was told that probably no replacement. 2tiles were missing in the showeroom beside the mirror. A fitment had been removed at the desk area leaving holes in the panel. Hole in pillowcase not replaced even when left visible. I felt maintenance needs improving.

Stylish decoration good range of food at breakfast friendly staff. Very busy hotel but quiet at night.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Great and comfortable hotel which I'll chose also for my next stay in Bergen
    • Standard Room

Nice Hotel directly in the old town of Bergen. Airport shuttle is directly in front of the hotel, service is very good and a nice Hotel bar is included.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

• Standard Room

Our room was left open by the cleaner the whole day, and there was no appoloy by the reception when complained. And on another ocasion, our bed wasnt fixed even though the cleaner cleaned the room!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Ok could be better.
    • Premium Room with Fjord View

Breakfast was very crowded. We were suspose to have a room with view. If you were to kneel on the floor and look at the bottom part of window you may just see water.

Location was great.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Shuttle bus to the airport is right in front of the hotel...
    • Standard Room

Shuttle bus to the airport is right in front of the hotel and makes it very convenient. Excellent location and breakfast is delicious and staff are very helpful.

• Standard Room

The hotel reception staff is in a bad attitude! I reserved 2 rooms through the booking.com website, because I need to check out very early morning, the hotel promised via booking.com to give us a simple breakfast to take away when we check out. However, when we confirm whether there is a breakfast to take away (the night before departure), the hotel side said it was too late (as we informed them too late) hotel side cannot prepare breakfast for us. I think the hotel side should confirm us at the 1st day when I check-in at the front desk, Instead of pushing the blame to the guest. And also I am not satisfied with the attitude of the staff.

Nice place but lacking in some customer service.
    • Standard Room

Unfortunately our stay was negatively impacted by receiving a parking fine in the basement car park. The hotel could do well to explain how it works. I paid for a second 24hr ticket but unknowingly by putting my credit card in the machine thought I was requesting a receipt and a cancellation of the ticket. I placed that ticket on the dashboard along with the previous one as it had the correct values on it but didn't realised I had cancelled. Very expensive parking as a result and I did ask at reception upon arriving but received only "it's in the basement". We also lost an item of clothing in the hotel, the reception desk wasn't particularly forthcoming whenever we asked if anything had been handed in. Nice place but lacking in some customer service.

Greta location

They charged us twice for the same room.
    • Standard Room

They charged us twice for the same room. Originally I reserved through booking.com with my credit card but upon checking out wanted to use a different credit card. Both cards were charged and I can’t get hotel to respond.

One-night stay directly at Tyske Bryggen, Bergen
    • Standard Room

Hotel was very big (3 rows of 4 story high buildings). It makes up about one third of the Tyske Bryggen. We had to walk quite a bit to reach our room. It had unfortunately no view. Room was standard and nothing more as expected at that pricing. Bathroom only had a cheap and easy to clean shower in the corner (with good water pressure and such), but it got the bathroom all wet, which was a problem to keep our toddler away from. Hotel is packed with bus tourists. Breakfast was ok, but nothing over standard. Parking in the public garage is very expensive (more than in Manhattan, 275 NOK for 24 hrs. If you park 5 hrs it already costs 220 NOK). There is not even an elevator in the garage and parking spaces were small and badly lit. The connection to the hotel is a staircase only that guides you through staff cleaning and transport areas of the huge hotel above, that should not be accesible by guests. Not really nice. The garage and its costs really spoiled out visit there. Overall our expectations for a 5-star hotel were not met at all.

The location really is the sole argument for this hotel. You walk out and are right at the Tyske Bryggen. Spectacular. Staff was nice at the reception. Free tea and coffee in the room. Babybed at no surcharge was already in the room. Room was quiet and well isolated. Bed was nice and we had a good sleep which is most important when in the city with our 1 and 4 year olds. Wifi was good.

Great location but check everything works in your room
    • Standard Room

Parking was public car park which provided no hotel access for disabled people (had to use the car ramp and dodge the traffic); First room the fridge did not work so we were moved to a new room but only after asking; second room the heating did not work, which in a country that gets really cold is not what you expect from an alleged 4 star hotel; Cooked breakfast was available but no BACON!

Nice enough room

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

An excellent location to explore Bryggen.
    • Standard Room

Lift did not go down to the carpark level....necessitating heavt suitcases to be carried up flights of stairs. Hot breakfasts were decidedly cool/cold. Food ordered for our evening meal in the North 26 restaurant was inaccurately described and most disappointing when it arrived.

Location by the waterside was excellent. Carpark was directly underneath the hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

• Standard Room

Shower area is not properly enclosed. Spills water and is all slippery after shower. Location is wonderful. May include already sliced brown bread and more fruits in the breakfast menu.

Location, quiet as we had a room at the back
    • Standard Room

Lifts that didn’t always register your floor, people would end up traveling up and down the lift. Doors on lifts didn’t have good sensors and would close quickly and hard!!!

Location, quiet as we had a room at the back

Centrally located great Hotel
    • Standard Room

Parking shared with public parking and very expensive.

The hotel is located very centrally in Bergen and is close by to landmarks such as the Fishers Market, Mount Fløyen etc... The staff was very friendly and forthcoming, great breakfast was also included in the price.

Beautiful Bergen Beautiful Radisson Blu Thank you 😀💕
    • Standard Room

There was nothing to dislike we loved it

The staff were so lovely,so cheerful everyone spoke English and everyone did everything to make our stay happy

Clean, convenient for my needs
    • Standard Room

Kept waiting at reception while staff member was being ‘entertained ‘ by another guest’s pictures and story

Breakfast offered local fare, the staff were generally friendly and it is literally in old town Bryggen & within walking distance of the cruise ship terminal although the cobblestones made the going rough with luggage

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

clean hotel and and bad workers

when we arrived no body carried about our a lot bags when i asked reception stuff they doesnt care and we took our bags by our self to third floor . internet is poor.

location was fantastic

The hotel has a very location and it is also convenient to...
    • Superior Room with Old Town View

The walking distance from the car park to the hotel is a bit lengthy, and there is no elevator. This makes the check-in and check-out procedures a bit tricky, especially if travelling with a kid and having considerable luggage. Something I also didn't like was the walking distance from our room to the elevator. The hotel in fact has two wings, but there is only an elevator in one of the wings. There is no swimming pool or spa ...

The hotel has a very location and it is also convenient to park the car nearby. Most interesting spots in the city are within walking distance, so it is a really good starting point for tourists. Break-fast was nice, rooms were clean and provided sufficient space.

The location was good , rooms were good
    • Standard Room

The staff was rude , it was warm in the room and although we requested for a fan repeatedly none of the staff helped !

The location was good , rooms were good

Very nice hotel- parking not great.

Parking was terrible. . Small spaces, dirty...convenient proximity but the fact that the hotel does not actually own- more difficult to navigate.

Room was nice, clean and bed very comfrotable. Lovely location in Bryggen.

Great location and fantastic staff!
    • Standard Room

The staff at check in were very attentive. My husband received a beautiful birthday fruit platter in the room - a lovely surprise! The staff in the breakfast area was super helpful as well. Location was perfect for a quick stay in this beautiful town.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Ok, but not a **** Hotel
    • Standard Room

—> The design and interior of the room: - just a few outlets (more empty holes in the walls than working outlets) - to use the water boiler you have to put it on the floor because there is no outlet where it stands - most of the outlets are without currency when you turn the lights of in the night (difficult to charge your electronic equipment if you have more than a mobile phone) - the air ventilation in the bathroom wasn’t really working; the towels almost didn’t dry - not even a small wardrobe or a small cabinet (if I book a room for three nights I expect this) -the room was announced with a bath tube - no bath tube there —> The room service and reception was not our best experience -very late room service (we had to ask for it - then it was done immediately) -no exchange of used shower equipment (shampoo, soap,....) -when checking out they didn’t even ask us if we liked it and how our stay was —> The breakfast buffet was good but in a „fish city“ like Bergen I missed a bit more fish products —> All in all the hotel is ok, but quite a mass procession location; not very personal or cosy;

Excellent location

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

1.room was dirty on arrival.
    • Premium Room with Fjord View

1.room was dirty on arrival. crumbs on chair and inside cupboard. sofa broken. still dirty after 3 days 2. i booked room with fjord view but was given room without view. on complaining room was changed but there was only slightview of sea between 2 buildings 3.staff were impolite and unaccommodating during checkin. i had to walk 500m to change euros for deposit despite paying for fullstay in advance 4. i wrote feedback on hotel's own survey but received no response other than offering me rewards system membership

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

The location was perfect in the heart of city.
    • Standard Room

The cleanness. The rooms are not cleaned properly. The tea, coffee, mugs will not be replaced after ‘what’s called cleaning’. They only make the beds and take the rubbish, nothing more. The pillows are not comfortable. The room carpet was dirty. The cooling system in the room was noisy so we had to switch it off and open the windows. It was noisy outside which made it difficult to sleep. The breakfast was ok, however, the cereals tasted old, the food that got finished at 9:30 was not replaced although the breakfast was until 10 and the response from the waitress that this is going to be available tomorrow. I found this bizarre. As long as the buffet is open, everything should be there.

The location was perfect in the heart of city. It’s close to the historical places, city centre and many restaurants around. The staff are very helpful and nice. The airport shuttle stops in front of the hotel which was a plus point.

The hotel is in a very central location in Bryggen, on the...

The hotel is in a very central location in Bryggen, on the harbour. The rooms were clean, tidy & comfortable. The breakfast was very good with a huge selection to cater for everyone.

Best location in Bergen.

View from the window.

Best location in Bergen. Right in front of the bus stop to and from the airport. I will definitely choose this hotel when I stay in Bergen next time.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Excellent location for Bryggen sights.
    • Family Room

Price too high, staff efficient but not friendly. Room was stuffy - opening window to relieve this meant much noise from people loitering near entrance (and their smoke) until late in the evening and then again from very early, with the added noise of bus engines, as the tours set off.

Excellent location for Bryggen sights. Very good breakfast buffet. Comfortable beds.

The location is top
    • Superior Room

Had to request extra pillows, sheets and towels several times before it got delivered. The internet connection was very slow. The service at the bar was very slow, and not customer minded

The location is top

good location
    • Family Room

Rooms are small but beds were comfortable. I shared the room with my two teenage children, so it was a tight squeeze. Staff were very impersonal both at time of check-in as well as check-out. No smiles, no pleasantries, just to the point and cold. Same was the case in the restaurant for the breakfast buffet. But as long as no one was rude to us, I'm ok!

Location was convenient, we could walk to most places, very touristy area. walking distance to the funicular as well. Airport bus stops right outside the hotel, so that was very helpful

Excellent location, great breakfast
    • Standard Room

There were no slippers or bathrobes provided.

Very good breakfast, excellent location (right in the center of the Unesco World Heritage site of the old harbor). Clean room and bathroom, nice facilities. Nice reception staff, they were very helpful providing us with information about the trips in the area to the fjords.

Good but not fantastic
    • Single Guest Room

For me the light in bathroom was dark and the room was not clean enough.

Continental breakfast was ok, location of this hotel is great, in the middle of Bergen port, nearly the famous fish market.

Fantastic Bergen stay at Radisson Blue Royal hotel
    • Family Room

Nothing - everything superb.

Location and standard of hotel including the room. Buffet breakfast was fabulous. Bed very comfortable and we had nice sleep when wanted. At the heart of happening place around the city centre.

Excellent location and delicious brekfast
    • Standard Room

There could be a ventilator in the bathroom. Parking fee for the hotel guest could be lower.

Excellent location, right next to Bryggen quarter. Very quiet room, comfortable. Delicious breakfast. No problem with Wi-Fi. Large paid parking right under the hotel.

Bergen is wonderfull city
    • Standard Room

My room was not good has no view at-all and bed was not good also Parking - no one will help u from the hotel- will say its not belonging to us even its belw there building !!!!

Locatin / breakfast/ staff / were very good

Good hotel for the area, but not what I would expect of this hotel chain at this price.
    • Single Guest Room

No view from my window, the window opened but had to be shut at night, due to sea gulls fighting at 3pm, the hoards of guests congregating in the lobby so you could not move, I had my seat at breakfast taken, even though I had put things on the table, the choice of hot food at breakfast was limited.

I liked the closeness to the main centre and most trips were within walking distance

• Family Room

The room was not clean as other same brand hotels . Very limited breakfast options. And there was no clear instructions of how to use the parking where i got banality because of that

- Location.
    • Standard Room

- Bathroom needs renovation or maintenance. The shower was leaking, one handle was broken, and the bathtub floor looked old and overused or not clean enough (and very slippery!). - The pillow was uncomfortable. Had to order one extra. - The housekeeping didn’t change the bed sheets nor vacuum. - the rooms were a bit warm even with the AC.

- Location. Close to the harbor, and in the heart of the city. - Breakfast selection and service were good, as well as the ambiance. - Airport shuttle pick up point is very close to the hotel entrance.

The airport bus stop is literally AT the hotel -...
    • Standard Room

No robe in the room made it a bit tricky to get to and from the sauna. But hey - there's a very clean sauna!

The airport bus stop is literally AT the hotel - couldn't be more convenient. Great location and quiet.

Fantastic location on Bryggen.
    • Standard Room

Food looked ok on a he menu but appeared to be fine oz n and microwaved. Times of breakfast and checkout not on display in room or reception.

Fantastic location on Bryggen. Airport bus stops at door of hotel. Restaurants and sights within very easy walking distance

Perfect location
    • Standard Room

We were traveling with our adult daughter and she had a single room. It was extremely small.

The hotel is on the main street conveniently located within walking distance to major points of interest. We had a nice view of the town and fjord. The room was clean and beds were comfortable. Breakfast was excellent.

I selected this hotel because it was a Radisson but so disappointed!
    • Standard Room

Where do I start? The room was very poorly serviced. We stayed for 5 nights with no change of bedding. Amenities in the bathroom e.g. shower cap not supplied, sanitary bags not replenished, soap not replenished. My wife should not have to go find somebody to ask for basic amenities. Room not made up at all one one day. When I complained about this I was informed that the hotel had adopted a revised service standard of a once in every three days! We happened to stay over a weekend period. On returning to the hotel after a day touring we were looking forward to dinner in the hotel. Only to discover that the restaurant does not open on a Sunday! What sort of hotel is this? Breakfast was another matter. It was a free for all! No one on the desk to greet attending guests to show you to a table. On one morning we unwittingly sat at a table already taken by another guest. Quite embarrassing but fortunately we could all speak English and quickly apologised for our mistake.

Location was good close to tourist areas and short walk to town. Check in was easy because no tour groups happened to be present when we arrived.

Nice, but rather expencive. Super-close to a very seeworthy area of Bergen.
    • Standard Room

Price compared to return of investment... ;) Room with no view, no tub as described. Would recommend a cheaper hotel and a walking breakfast at Fisketorget.

Close to city center, modern and spacious reception- and breakfast area. Nice surroundings.

Handy location but in the tourist part of town so very busy and dont expect a view from your room
    • Premium Room with Fjord View

Paid for a Business Class room and it was dreadful. It was the worst room of our trip to Norway. The room was small and the window looked out on a brick wall. I asked for an upgrade which I was happy to pay for and which was available but I was told because I had booked the room on Booking.Com they couldnt up grade me.

Comfortable beds, breakfast ok good choice of food

Location, facilities, comfy bed & quiet room.
    • Standard Room

No assistance with bags, minor issue

Location, facilities, comfy bed & quiet room. The staff were all excellent. Parking is connected to the hotel. Restaurants, shops, most tourist attractions & the supermarket REMA1000 are just steps away.

Delightful and welcoming
    • Standard Room

Can be very busy at breakfast time but staff do try to keep on to of clearing..

Stayed here a few times and just suits us.....flybussen stops near the door for airport drop and pick up

It's good to let me check in earlier than 3pm. Thank you.
    • Standard Room

The hotel is not close to the central train station. You have to walk about 17 minutes to get there. No matter whether you're going to take the bus or light rail, you have to walk about 7-10 minutes.

If you arrive there by air, it'd be a perfect place to stay. The bus stops right in front of the hotel. It costs NOK105 for one way, but NOK155 for a return trip. It's also close to lots of attractions and a supermarket is just right behind the hotel. You can feel safe even if you come back from Mt. Floyen at around 11pm.

Great location, walking distance to everything.
    • Standard Room

The mini fridge can’t work properly when situated in cupboard.

Great location, walking distance to everything. Easy bus transportation across the street. The airport bus drops you off right at the hotel. Breakfast has an excellent selection. Hotel very accommodating if you need anything. I would recommend it even though it is more than we usually pay. But worth it.

Not worth the hassles
    • Standard Room

The 5th floor is a crammed, dangerous attic.i hit my head twice and tripped on the metal heater guard. I got a parking ticket even though I paid for 2 days. Staff said it's not their lot but it's under the hotel. I woke up at 7am to meet working on the roof above my head. Horrible stay!

Location of good, but that's about it.

Horrible value
    • Standard Room

The rooms are ridiculously small even by European standards. Do not stay on the 5th floor. They are attic rooms and you will hit your head on the ceiling. There's no place to put your luggage. And there's sharp metal edges around the electric heaters and you will cut yourself moving around the room. You have to take a lot of stairs from the parking garage and even between floors after you take elevators. I got a ticket for parking even though I paid but the hotel says it's not their parking lot. Nothing but hassles at his place.

Good location but they are living off of that. It's a very walkable City so you can stay a mile away and still be in the heart of the action.

Excellent hotel in a beautiful city!
    • Standard Room

If the city is warm, the hotel is going to get very warm as there is hardly any A/C or detailed climate control. The mattress was fairly thin and tends to move a bit if you move in your sleep (I almost fell off twice!)

The breakfast was amazing. I loved the variety and the touches of Norway that were available to the guests. I loved the bread and the salmon but there was a wide variety. As well, the location was ideal; it was both close to the city center/fish market and also the trails that litter the mountain.

Breakfast was awesome!
    • Standard Room

There was construction going on in the hotel -- right outside our door. The entire other side of the hallway had several rooms being updated. Noisy during the day. The hallway needed vacuuming - badly! One day they did not come in and clean the room.

Breakfast was awesome! Wonderful location!

Great Bar
    • Standard Room

Being asked to pay for breakfast when it was already included in the room rate, we expected a small ser-charge but full price not good, they did take care of the issue 😁

Not complicated

Staff was very kind and informative.
    • Standard Room

For peace of mind, a working luggage scale would have been terrific ( in the luggage storage room or up in the gym. ).

Breakfasts had great variety and were fresh and healthy. Location for catching transportation was convenient (ie./ Norway in a Nutshell Fjord and trains. Historical sights handy. And airport Transport easy).

Overall excellent, good location and will stay there again
    • Standard Room

Sould have designated parking for handicap van on premices. Parking garage under hotel have a max height of 2.1m , but entrance ic marked with 3.1m. Tje lower restriction is only posted when you are way into the garage, Difficult to back out. Would have bee erasy to have one or two ouside dedicated handicap van spaces without height restrictions.. There can not be that many each day.

Had an accessible room (Business Class) to strandard rate. Bathroom very well laid out at set up for my needs. Better than most.

Would stay here again.
    • Standard Room

Room was very warm, no easy way to control room temperature.

Location was excellent. Staff and Service excellent. Breakfast buffet was plentiful. In harbor 3 hour fjords boat tour was amazing.

The breakfast was great, the staff were friendly,...
    • Standard Room

The breakfast was great, the staff were friendly, accommodating and professional, and my request for late checkout was granted. I love the location of the hotel. My overall experience and stay was very good.

Location, nice and hot breakfast.

nICE TOUCH.

Location, nice and hot breakfast. Having a drink at the bar to relax at the end of the day, the waitress brought us complimentary peanuts without requesting. Nice touch. We ended up having more than one drink, and we came back the next night.

Convenient location and good breakfast but service okay.
    • Standard Room

I would rate it with full marks as great hotel, if they had fixed tv after I requested twice. I stayed there 3 nights. In addition, sauna wasn’t fully functional.

The buffet breakfast was good and the location was the highlight of hotel. In addition, the airport shuttle was next hotel, that was convenient.

Good, as expected for Radisson blu.standards!
    • Standard Room

It would have been nice if the bathroom floor was warmed, and the shower temperature regulation marked. The carpentry of the interior slightly needs improvement, and the switches for the light could be better if unique for each side table. But otherwise, great accommodations.

Location at the historical wharf and convenience with airport bus

The breakfast had a good selection.
    • Standard Room

The key card did not work. It was reactivated, but only worked occasionally. It worked OK from day 2.

The breakfast had a good selection. Not too much and not too little. Croisants I did not get to taste. Could have been filled up also for those who do not eat very early ...

Location and facilities are excellent
    • Standard Room

Interesting architecture incorporating the heritage Bryggen buildings into the hotel. Perfect location and the bus stop outside was convenient for getting to our ship and the airport. Excellent breakfast. Helped with storage of our bags after checkout.

It was a most pleasant stay in an already beautiful town ( Bergen ), Norway. I would recommend them.
    • Standard Room

Nothing really! The assistance I got from staff in all my needs exceeds my expectation. Such kindness& courtesy I seldom see elsewhere. Given with a smile at all times.

The only hotel that had a good selection of healthy food & gluten free or lactose free. Special diets are usually not catered for in most hotels round the world.

The heated floor in the bathroom was heavenly!
    • Standard Room

Shower door that did not keep the water spray from the shower contained. Water splashed all over our toiletries that were on the bathroom sink.

The heated floor in the bathroom was heavenly!

Would stay again
    • Standard Room

The bathtub was leaking when I used it, so I had to fill it up every 3-5 min but since I was just staying one night I didn't bother telling the staff until I checked out.

I got a twin room with a bathtub :) at a bargain price for one night. When I arrived at 1pm there was already a room ready for me, so that was a bonus. It was nicely and smart decorated, and clean. Comfortable beds and pillows. I think the location is great. Nearby most things, but still not in the busyest, noisiest area of Bryggen. I didn't hear any noise in my room. The wifi in the room is great. It doesn't have a homey, personal atmosphere, but it's modern and professional. I didn't get to use the fitness room or sauna, but I have heard from others that those facilities are good. The breakfast was very good, with a great, fresh selection. Though, maybe a bit eager staff that cleared away my food while I was topping up my drink :) The airport express bus stops and starts right outside the hotel, but I chose to take the light rail from the airport (which is much cheaper; 37 nok) which is about 10, maybe 15 min walk to the hotel.

Great location, perfect for city centre, mountains, and a...
    • Standard Room

Great location, perfect for city centre, mountains, and a short walk to the central train station. Breakfast was great, huge selection, and all delicious. Would also recommend dinner and cocktails at the hotel in the evening, really really good!!

The location is perfect and just next to the port of Bergen...
    • Standard Room

The location is perfect and just next to the port of Bergen and easily access to everything, the room is clean and there are gym and sauna facilities in the top floor, breakfast is very good, the staff is very helpful The only tip to those who are driving is the you need to pay to park at the public car park next to hotel

Location is not everything!
    • Standard Room

Restaurant not open for Dinner on Sunday night. Furniture in bedroom very worn, needs a refurbishment. Taxi to Airport ordered through hotel Reception the night before - did not turn up at 06.45 the next morning! Luckily the Airport Bus stops right outside the hotel and is 25% of the taxi price..

Good location, comfortable room.

Very disappointing and not as expected.
    • Standard Room

The Hotel is very rundown, reseption staff unhelpfull, the restaurant was beyond disappointing with next to nothing on the menu , and the breakfast was appalling.

Absolutly nothing

I would definitely stay here again.
    • Standard Room

Our stay at this hotel was most enjoyable. First, the staff were so helpful and cheerful. They were delightful people, helped us with the busses and taxis, told us where things were etc. They couldn’t have been nicer. Next, the rooms had what we needed and the beds were so cozy. And what can I say about the breakfast? What a great assortment of food! There was someting there to please everybody. We had to leave at 3:30 the next morning and the person in reception gave us a breakfast box to go since we were leaving before the breakfast area opened. It was healthy and delicious. Thank you so much for helping make our stay in Bergen perfect.

It was pleasant.
    • Standard Room

The drain system in the shower room was not well designed, so water flooded in the bathroom. I also found a few strings of hair in the bath room.

The staff at the reception desk was pleasant, professional and helpful.